register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KiwiFlavor
  • 1 Post By Jeff23spl

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-06-2018, 07:05 PM   #1

cjadams757 is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Reccomendations on my Speed 3

Hey guys! I created this account awhile back but never got into it due to moving away from my car. I own a 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 in amazing condition. People always asking if it is new because that new car smell. Also it currently sits with 13,000 miles.

The decision I'm between is if it would be worth it to bring my car to school, sell it, or let it keep sitting. I want to bring my car out to school 600 miles away but I now live in an apartment complex and do not trust the constant flow of cars there or at school. On top of that, if I brought it out here I would be driving it 300 miles 3 or 4 times a week to go snowboarding and that would put a big wear on her with constant snowboards and skis around college students, including myself. I believe it is worth more than any of the offers I have gotten due to the condition and miles. She definitely needs to be appreciated and driven more and I just am not sure if I can keep up with it. I will try to get pictures up but if you guys have any recommendations on what I should do with my decision that would be great. Thank you!
cjadams757 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-06-2018, 08:12 PM   #2

Turbosuby has a reputation beyond reputeTurbosuby has a reputation beyond reputeTurbosuby has a reputation beyond reputeTurbosuby has a reputation beyond reputeTurbosuby has a reputation beyond reputeTurbosuby has a reputation beyond reputeTurbosuby has a reputation beyond reputeTurbosuby has a reputation beyond reputeTurbosuby has a reputation beyond reputeTurbosuby has a reputation beyond reputeTurbosuby has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 7 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's has to be your own decision dude, you got to see what makes more sense to you. If you like the car keep it until you finish your school. How much were the offers you got, if you don't mind sharing it with us.
Turbosuby is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-08-2018, 09:08 PM   #3

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default estimates

Yeah it blue books and offer up is roughly about 14 usually but the most a buyer has offered was 16 if I brought it there way. I would love to keep the car for after school but for the time being i hate not being able to appreciate the car. it just seems selfish holding off.
 Old 11-09-2018, 06:35 AM   #4

KiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,539 Times in 941 Posts
Groans: 18
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by cjadams757 View Post
Yeah it blue books and offer up is roughly about 14 usually but the most a buyer has offered was 16 if I brought it there way. I would love to keep the car for after school but for the time being i hate not being able to appreciate the car. it just seems selfish holding off.
I'll give you $2k for it.
cjadams757 likes this.

BNR S3 - JBR Tru 3.0" - CP-E TMIC - Corksport catless DP - Corksport catted race pipe - Forge V2 - Autotech internals + AP v3 - Swift springs - Enkei RPF1 17x9 + 45 (5mm JBR spacers in the front) - Freektune 320/346
KiwiFlavor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KiwiFlavor For This Useful Post:
monkey.bones.007 (11-10-2018)
 Old 11-09-2018, 08:44 AM   #5

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

don't know how long is your school but the problem is that the car value after it, will drop significantly in few years. If you keep it, you need to keep it at least 5-10 years after shcool or you would better sell it now from a monetary point of view.
Mazda just need to issue a new turbo compact of the same size for the price to drop even more.
The dizi engine get worst and worst review each year because there is more and more kids that can get abused speed for cheap and blow up the engine after a short while doing stupid things with it. They blame the mechanic so it doesn't help much either for the resale value.

In the other hand, a 2013 low mile would be a jewel when you will be out of school. You won't find another one easily and all new stuff would probably be just sold with automashit transmission like the new mz6 Turbo...

IT is really personal and related to your financial possibilities. If you keep your stuff for long and you can afford it, i would personally keep it (I did that with my 1993 PRobe) but if you prefer new cool stuff or need money, i would sell it.
cjadams757 likes this.

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-09-2018, 02:59 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Those options definitely opened up how I was looking at it. Thank you!