register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-28-2014, 07:35 AM   #1

jcfernan51 has much to be proud ofjcfernan51 has much to be proud ofjcfernan51 has much to be proud ofjcfernan51 has much to be proud ofjcfernan51 has much to be proud ofjcfernan51 has much to be proud ofjcfernan51 has much to be proud ofjcfernan51 has much to be proud ofjcfernan51 has much to be proud ofjcfernan51 has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Strange vibration

I have a 2012 MS3 with 14.8Kmi. I am getting a strange vibration when I let go of the gas and let the car coast. The vibration occurs between 3K and 2.5K rpm, once below 2.5K it goes away or if I slightly press on the gas. Sometimes if I hold the RPMs as it start to vibrate I can maintain the vibration but if I accelerate or let off the pedal it will go away. It happens in all gears more often in 3rd to 5th but not all the time and not the same intensity every time. Any ideas?
It feels like the vibration we get (maybe just my car) when trying to accelerate in low rpm (around 1500) and higher gear than it should be
jcfernan51 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jcfernan51 For This Useful Post:
Jebus (08-25-2014)
 Old 06-28-2014, 07:37 AM   #2

manila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,190 Times in 611 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 30 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did you buy the car used? If so, check to see if it has an upgraded motor mount(s)

COBB AP V3 >> AUTOTECH HPFP >> HTP 3.5" >> ATP DP (catless) >> AXLEBACK (no mufflers) >> COBB PIPING/TR6 CORE >>

JBR RMM >> SSP/BUSHINGS >> RSB >> STG. 2 OCC >>

HYPNOTIC TUNED: tehmadscientist & senor finkle

manila is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to manila For This Useful Post:
Mauro_Penguin (06-28-2014), MazdaBoy2.3 (07-02-2014), Trey-Z (07-02-2014), Vansquish (07-02-2014)
 Old 06-28-2014, 08:02 AM   #3

Helrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Agree with manila, I started getting the same thing after I installed my mounts.
 Old 06-28-2014, 08:15 AM   #4

jcfernan51 has much to be proud ofjcfernan51 has much to be proud ofjcfernan51 has much to be proud ofjcfernan51 has much to be proud ofjcfernan51 has much to be proud ofjcfernan51 has much to be proud ofjcfernan51 has much to be proud ofjcfernan51 has much to be proud ofjcfernan51 has much to be proud ofjcfernan51 has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by manila View Post
Did you buy the car used? If so, check to see if it has an upgraded motor mount(s)
yes, bought it used with 12.7K mi, will check but unless it is obvious (brand name stamped) I would not know the difference between OEM and after market motor mount. I will search for pictures of motor mounts. I have been reading the forum and that is a common part associated with vibration but the vibration is not constant.
Found one post "odd vibration coasting in gear" which is my issue. No real solution other than normal engine harmonic vibration which I am not convinced because it will always vibrate between that RPM range if it was truly harmonics related.
 Old 06-28-2014, 08:18 AM   #5

manila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,190 Times in 611 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 30 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jcfernan51 View Post
yes, bought it used with 12.7K mi, will check but unless it is obvious (brand name stamped) I would not know the difference between OEM and after market motor mount. I will search for pictures of motor mounts. I have been reading the forum and that is a common part associated with vibration but the vibration is not constant.
Found one post "odd vibration coasting in gear" which is my issue. No real solution other than normal engine harmonic vibration which I am not convinced because it will always vibrate if it was truly harmonics related.
You'll notice a difference even if you haven't seen either.
The OEM mount is hideous. Just google the pics and you'll know what I'm talking about.

COBB AP V3 >> AUTOTECH HPFP >> HTP 3.5" >> ATP DP (catless) >> AXLEBACK (no mufflers) >> COBB PIPING/TR6 CORE >>

JBR RMM >> SSP/BUSHINGS >> RSB >> STG. 2 OCC >>

HYPNOTIC TUNED: tehmadscientist & senor finkle

manila is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-28-2014, 06:59 PM   #6

Frenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nah. Sometimes the vibration is not consistent. Get under the car and take a pic and we can tell you what it is

Murica'

that's a JBR mount for comparison.

Murica'

Last edited by Frenchy11; 06-28-2014 at 06:59 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Frenchy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-28-2014, 09:25 PM   #7

shpeedtree has much to be proud ofshpeedtree has much to be proud ofshpeedtree has much to be proud ofshpeedtree has much to be proud ofshpeedtree has much to be proud ofshpeedtree has much to be proud ofshpeedtree has much to be proud ofshpeedtree has much to be proud ofshpeedtree has much to be proud ofshpeedtree has much to be proud of
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've had that happen since the car was new, nothing to worry about, it's a common mazdaspeed quirk.
shpeedtree is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-29-2014, 01:39 AM   #8

Yousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the world
Groans: 128
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

While you're worrying about it, you might as well replace at least the rmm if it turns out to be stock still, mine had a torn bushing really early on

Mod-bug's back...
Yousuf is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-30-2014, 09:24 AM   #9

SnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

My car usually has some extra vibes in the 2.5-3k range, pretty sure its just normal vibes you're feeling. Also, once I installed my JBR 88a rmm the same vibes were more noticeable.
Cobb AP
HTP 3" Intake
C(u)NT 3" Catless Downpipe
JBR OCC, EGR delete, Under Engine Piping
Treadstone TR6 FMIC and brackets
Damond RMM, PMM, TMM
JBR SSP & BUSHINGS
Autotech HPFP Internals
AESTHETIC-
DIY Mudflaps, DDM 55W HL/35W FL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by SnailSpeed3; 06-30-2014 at 09:24 AM. Reason: spell mad good yo
SnailSpeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-30-2014, 04:26 PM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Frenchy11 View Post
Nah. Sometimes the vibration is not consistent. Get under the car and take a pic and we can tell you what it is

Murica'

that's a JBR mount for comparison.

Murica'
I did not lift the car but got under with my phone and took a pic of the driver's side mount. Is this stock? Could not find the RMM, actually do not know where is located and there is a lot of under cover plastic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140629_073555.jpg (1.98 MB, 27 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jcfernan51 For This Useful Post:
ABOSWORTH (07-02-2014), danmillerok (07-02-2014), Frenchy11 (06-30-2014), Jebus (08-25-2014)
 Old 06-30-2014, 04:54 PM   #11

ewenix is a splendid one to beholdewenix is a splendid one to beholdewenix is a splendid one to beholdewenix is a splendid one to beholdewenix is a splendid one to beholdewenix is a splendid one to beholdewenix is a splendid one to beholdewenix is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

That would be the rear motor mount... And it most definitely is aftermarket
ewenix is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-30-2014, 05:01 PM   #12

franz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,750 Times in 716 Posts
Groans: 4
Not Ranked  0 score     

That is the RMM. The driver and passenger mounts are in the engine bay on the sides of the engine. It is normal.

Here is another thread on the topic.
Bilstein B8/Swift Spec-R/ST120s/Nitto 555
JBR 70dur. RMM-TMM-PMM/SSP+Bushings/TIGs/OCC
franz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #13

cuethenoise is the leader of the worldcuethenoise is the leader of the worldcuethenoise is the leader of the worldcuethenoise is the leader of the worldcuethenoise is the leader of the worldcuethenoise is the leader of the worldcuethenoise is the leader of the worldcuethenoise is the leader of the worldcuethenoise is the leader of the worldcuethenoise is the leader of the worldcuethenoise is the leader of the world
Groaned at 6 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Man up its normal with the jbr!
JBR 88a RMM
HPFP internals.
cuethenoise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cuethenoise For This Useful Post:
Jebus (08-25-2014)
 Old 06-30-2014, 05:11 PM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ewenix View Post
That would be the rear motor mount... And it most definitely is aftermarket
oh, so that is the rear I had to go to the car and check. My other cars were V8s (last one Dodge Magnum, HEMI) which I still own, so this side engine and definitely turbo is new to me. It looks similar to what Frenchy11 posted but this one has red bushing. Do I have to remove the undercovers to look at the other mounts?
 Old 06-30-2014, 05:20 PM   #15

Helrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

The passenger mount is just under the coolant reservoir (although you can see it without taking anything off), and the trans mount is under the battery box.
 Old 06-30-2014, 05:20 PM   #16

JgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,236 Times in 1,437 Posts
Groans: 15
Groaned at 21 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

oh, so that is the rear I had to go to the car and check. My other cars were V8s (last one Dodge Magnum, HEMI) which I still own, so this side engine and definitely turbo is new to me. It looks similar to what Frenchy11 posted but this one has red bushing. Do I have to remove the undercovers to look at the other mounts?
They are easily accessible from above. PMM right next to your coolant overflow, TMM underneath the battery box.

13.10@117.1 full weight DD no prep 1/4 (BNR S3 / E85)
JgamB is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-30-2014, 05:27 PM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

okay, a 2 min search on the forum an I found the front/top motor mount. It looks stock to me. While looking I notice a little lift-door, what is this for?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140630_191818.jpg (1.59 MB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 20140630_191901.jpg (1.36 MB, 26 views)
 Old 06-30-2014, 05:36 PM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

Your passenger mount is stock, and that flap is where you put your blinker fluid.
The Following User Says Thank You to Helrich For This Useful Post:
DingoDave (06-30-2014)
 Old 06-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by cuethenoise View Post
Man up its normal with the jbr!
now that I know it is JBR and it is normal for this car, I will fallow your advice man up and drive the hell out of it.
 Old 06-30-2014, 05:55 PM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Helrich View Post
Your passenger mount is stock, and that flap is where you put your blinker fluid.
Thanks, wait a minute... blinker fluid, I guess I should have asked sooner, I put rainX.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcfernan51 For This Useful Post:
cocoanton (07-02-2014), Helrich (06-30-2014), SpencerC (07-02-2014)
 Old 06-30-2014, 06:45 PM   #21

Frenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the worldFrenchy11 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

You're good to go bro! I'm pretty pumped you actually got under the car to check too.

Murica'
 Old 07-02-2014, 06:46 AM   #22

ABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, that's a good thing. The stock RMM sucks ass. If the vibrations really bother you, there are softer mounts but if I were you, I'd just get used to the JBR mount. JBR offers some of the best products for our platform.

Current Mods
JBR Solid Shifter Bushings: Corksport Stage II SRI/TIP: CP-E Stage II Rear Motor Mount: AutoTech Internals: Cobb AccessPort V3: UR Test Pipe: Cobb 3" Catback Exhaust: JBR Boost Tubes: ETS TMIC: Denso ITV22s: JBR EGR Block Off Kit: JBR RSB: TS Kompact BPV: Tuned by Rob
ABOSWORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-02-2014, 09:27 AM   #23

El Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,072 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
Yeah, that's a good thing. The stock RMM sucks ass. If the vibrations really bother you, there are softer mounts but if I were you, I'd just get used to the JBR mount. JBR offers some of the best products for our platform.
From the color of the bushing - looks to be a JBR 70duro dogbone - I had a 70d old school version on my car for a week and hated the vibes.

Like Abosworth said, there are other options (example the one I'm running - see my sig) which helps stop the turbo slap against the firewall.

But I am most likely going to go to a CPE Stage 2 mount once I get more go fast stuff on the car, cause after driving a Genpu with it on it was quite amazing how little vibes there was.

SOLD 2012 LSM Tech - 11/17/17
El Beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-02-2014, 09:38 AM   #24

SpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,311 Times in 1,156 Posts
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's a bonus. Notices vibration... finds upgraded RMM! WINNING!
SOLD: 2009 Metro Gray Mica Mazdaspeed 3 - CorkSport Stage II SRI - CorkSport High Flow Downpipe -CorkSport TMIC - CorkSport Short Shift Plate - CorkSport Shifter Bushings - CorkSport Rear Motor Mount -
CorkSport Passenger Side Motor Mount -Cobb Accessport - CorkSport HPFP Max Flow Fuel Pump Internals - CorkSport LED Kit

1992 Red Mazda Miata - Flyin Miata Swaybars, Hard Dog Hard Bar, Koni Yellow Shocks, Flying Miata Springs, Spec Stage 1 Clutch, E-Code headlights

Next?: 2016 Mazda Mx5? 2017 Mazdaspeed 3?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SpencerC is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #25

El Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Spencer@CorkSport View Post
That's a bonus. Notices vibration... finds upgraded RMM! WINNING!
Reminds me of local guy who bought his 2012 MS3. Wanted and intake and I sold him my CS stage 2 SRI/TIP - he goes to install and finds out he already has a silicone TIP and notices there is a zip tie on the hard fuel line leading to the HPFP(possibly upgraded internals too - we still haven't cracked open his to make sure though).

Old 07-02-2014, 10:14 AM   #26

ABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by El Beaner View Post
From the color of the bushing - looks to be a JBR 70duro dogbone - I had a 70d old school version on my car for a week and hated the vibes.

Like Abosworth said, there are other options (example the one I'm running - see my sig) which helps stop the turbo slap against the firewall.

But I am most likely going to go to a CPE Stage 2 mount once I get more go fast stuff on the car, cause after driving a Genpu with it on it was quite amazing how little vibes there was.
You only left it on for a week? It takes longer than that to break in. Did you have it on before you had your exhaust? I'd think the exhaust would drown it out some. What was so bad about it? Were the vibrations felt at idle or all the time?

The CP-E stage 2 mount might seem a little harsh at first so keep that in mind. When I first started mine up after install I was like holy shit! LOL. You'll only notice vibrations at certain RPMs. It doesn't rattle at idle or anything. You just feel it more when you're taking off in first gear at certain RPM.

I'm actually kind of surprised that you like the CP-E mount because it produces a lot more vibration than stock. I can't imagine what the JBR mount feels like! LOL. I just know that going from stock to CP-E stage 2 is definitely noticeable NHV wise.

Current Mods
JBR Solid Shifter Bushings: Corksport Stage II SRI/TIP: CP-E Stage II Rear Motor Mount: AutoTech Internals: Cobb AccessPort V3: UR Test Pipe: Cobb 3" Catback Exhaust: JBR Boost Tubes: ETS TMIC: Denso ITV22s: JBR EGR Block Off Kit: JBR RSB: TS Kompact BPV: Tuned by Rob
 Old 07-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #27

Not Ranked  0 score     

You only left it on for a week? It takes longer than that to break in. Did you have it on before you had your exhaust? I'd think the exhaust would drown it out some. What was so bad about it? Were the vibrations felt at idle or all the time?

The CP-E stage 2 mount might seem a little harsh at first so keep that in mind. When I first started mine up after install I was like holy shit! LOL. You'll only notice vibrations at certain RPMs. It doesn't rattle at idle or anything. You just feel it more when you're taking off in first gear at certain RPM.

I'm actually kind of surprised that you like the CP-E mount because it produces a lot more vibration than stock. I can't imagine what the JBR mount feels like! LOL. I just know that going from stock to CP-E stage 2 is definitely noticeable NHV wise.
It was a used one I bought so should have been mostly borken in - but in that week the vibes started going down a bit but still didn't like it. The vibes at tip in were pretty harsh and the decelleration vibes. During the school year my commute is a lot of stop and go(due to parents getting their kids to school) and it just got annoying(a personal preference). The mount did what it was designed to do - held the motor.

I've sat in a car with just an 88rmm, a fully mounted, mine w/ the focus mount and jbr mount, and now a CP-E stage 2. In terms of vibes
Stock - Efocus - CPE Stage 2 - 88rmm - fully mounted

I noticed the initial vibes of the CP-E at tip in and AC idle but driving and deceleration there was almost none

Old 07-02-2014, 10:36 AM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

It doesn't really bother me specially now that I know what it is. This been a new used car I wanted to make sure it wasn't something to worry about.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcfernan51 For This Useful Post:
ABOSWORTH (07-02-2014)
 Old 07-02-2014, 11:14 AM   #29

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by El Beaner View Post
It was a used one I bought so should have been mostly borken in - but in that week the vibes started going down a bit but still didn't like it. The vibes at tip in were pretty harsh and the decelleration vibes. During the school year my commute is a lot of stop and go(due to parents getting their kids to school) and it just got annoying(a personal preference). The mount did what it was designed to do - held the motor.

I've sat in a car with just an 88rmm, a fully mounted, mine w/ the focus mount and jbr mount, and now a CP-E stage 2. In terms of vibes
Stock - Efocus - CPE Stage 2 - 88rmm - fully mounted

I noticed the initial vibes of the CP-E at tip in and AC idle but driving and deceleration there was almost none
Okay, gotcha. I figured you knew about break in that's why I was surprised to read that you took it off after a week. If it was used, I'd think it would've already been broken in as well. Yeah, CP-E mount is not bad at all for decel.

So fully mounted was pretty brutal then? LOL. I'm most likely going to get JBR PM and TM both 70 duro at some point next summer. I know I'm in for some serious NHV. On the fully mounted car you were in, what mounts were they and what was the duro?

It doesn't really bother me specially now that I know what it is. This been a new used car I wanted to make sure it wasn't something to worry about.
That's pretty sweet that you had that RMM on the car already. A RMM should definitely be one of the, if not the first mods on this car. My car already had the Corksport stage 2 SRI/TIP when I bought it with 12K last October so that was pretty sweet. The stock intake was in a box in the back of the car so if I ever sell this car, I can go back to stock.

Current Mods
 Old 07-02-2014, 12:31 PM   #30

Not Ranked  0 score     

Okay, gotcha. I figured you knew about break in that's why I was surprised to read that you took it off after a week. If it was used, I'd think it would've already been broken in as well. Yeah, CP-E mount is not bad at all for decel.

So fully mounted was pretty brutal then? LOL. I'm most likely going to get JBR PM and TM both 70 duro at some point next summer. I know I'm in for some serious NHV. On the fully mounted car you were in, what mounts were they and what was the duro?

That's pretty sweet that you had that RMM on the car already. A RMM should definitely be one of the, if not the first mods on this car. My car already had the Corksport stage 2 SRI/TIP when I bought it with 12K last October so that was pretty sweet. The stock intake was in a box in the back of the car so if I ever sell this car, I can go back to stock.
It was in @Cheapspeed and @jbmazda6 cars that are fully mounted it wasn't horrible, but it was definitely more than just a RMM

Old 07-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #31

MazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,975 Posts
Groans: 51
Groaned at 29 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Free mod = best mod

Now i drive a slow stockish Focus ST...
MazdaBoy2.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-02-2014, 12:46 PM   #32

Not Ranked  0 score     

I love my 88 dogbone. The vibes are good for helping morning wood on the commute in the morning.

Murica'
 Old 07-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #33

SpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,311 Times in 1,156 Posts
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fully mounted is one of the coolest things ever, locks your engine down like nothing, feels like a gokart with no engine slop. The added vibration though is definitely noticeable. I love being fully bolted, my wife... did not.
SOLD: 2009 Metro Gray Mica Mazdaspeed 3 - CorkSport Stage II SRI - CorkSport High Flow Downpipe -CorkSport TMIC - CorkSport Short Shift Plate - CorkSport Shifter Bushings - CorkSport Rear Motor Mount -
CorkSport Passenger Side Motor Mount -Cobb Accessport - CorkSport HPFP Max Flow Fuel Pump Internals - CorkSport LED Kit

1992 Red Mazda Miata - Flyin Miata Swaybars, Hard Dog Hard Bar, Koni Yellow Shocks, Flying Miata Springs, Spec Stage 1 Clutch, E-Code headlights

Next?: 2016 Mazda Mx5? 2017 Mazdaspeed 3?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SpencerC is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #34

SnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Frenchy11 View Post
I love my 88 dogbone. The vibes are good for helping morning wood on the commute in the morning.

Murica'

JBR 88a ftw, love mine too
Cobb AP
HTP 3" Intake
C(u)NT 3" Catless Downpipe
JBR OCC, EGR delete, Under Engine Piping
Treadstone TR6 FMIC and brackets
Damond RMM, PMM, TMM
JBR SSP & BUSHINGS
Autotech HPFP Internals
AESTHETIC-
DIY Mudflaps, DDM 55W HL/35W FL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SnailSpeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-02-2014, 01:57 PM   #35

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Spencer@CorkSport View Post
Fully mounted is one of the coolest things ever, locks your engine down like nothing, feels like a gokart with no engine slop. The added vibration though is definitely noticeable. I love being fully bolted, my wife... did not.

You'd think the wife would like all the vibrations... I know my gf does.

Murica'
 Old 07-02-2014, 05:48 PM   #36

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MazdaBoy2.3 View Post
Free mod = best mod
I am with you on that. Now I wonder what else, the engine bay looks stock.
 Old 07-02-2014, 06:44 PM   #37

Not Ranked  0 score     

I am with you on that. Now I wonder what else, the engine bay looks stock.
Have you rummaged through the glove box? The previous owner of mine had left all kinds of receipts in the glove box from TireRack, Safelite and some other shit. I still have the original box, packing list and install instructions for the CS SRI/TIP that he bought. LOL. I could tell the guy took really good care of the car.

Current Mods
 Old 07-02-2014, 06:45 PM   #38

Donut is the leader of the worldDonut is the leader of the worldDonut is the leader of the worldDonut is the leader of the worldDonut is the leader of the worldDonut is the leader of the worldDonut is the leader of the worldDonut is the leader of the worldDonut is the leader of the worldDonut is the leader of the worldDonut is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Not Ranked  0 score     

Vibes good, because racecar

2004 Mazda RX8 - Bone Stock - SOLD
2010 Mazda 3 MPS

K&N SRI | GFB BPV | Cobb TIH | Cobb AP v3 - Freektuned |CS Internals|OBX Cat Back + Test Pipe | JBR 70a RMM | JBR RSB|JBR EGR block off plate|JBR SSP + Solid Bushings |Denso ITV 22| Ultra Racing Front Strut Bar| Ultra Racing Rear Strut Bar | Bridgestone RE002 225/40/R18 Tyres|CS Brake Pads|H&R Lowering Springs| DBA T3 Slotted Rotors |Goodridge SS Braided Brake Lines
Non performance parts: 35% Tint | Blacked Emblems | Painted Wheels |JBR Heavy Shift Knob | CS Tow Plate |

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #39

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Have you rummaged through the glove box? The previous owner of mine had left all kinds of receipts in the glove box from TireRack, Safelite and some other shit. I still have the original box, packing list and install instructions for the CS SRI/TIP that he bought. LOL. I could tell the guy took really good care of the car.
I found receipts for dealer's service and all the original window sticker papers but no aftermarket parts papers. I bought it at a Mazda dealer and was told that it could not be "Mazda certified pre-own" because it had aftermarket wheels. Hopefully if I ever need service under warranty they don't come back and say it is voided because the computer was reprogrammed or for some mod that I don't know about.
 Old 07-11-2014, 12:17 PM   #40

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I took the car to have an oil change at the dealer and was asked if I felt vibration. I said yes, why? You have afermarket parts with an "s". He took me to the car and show me the RMM which I knew then pointed to the rear and said "you also have after market sway bar and intake"
SB is read and set to the middle hole, I will take pictures tomorrow for ID. I wonder what else? My exhaust sound good I wonder if they are AM as well. Needless to say I was grinning from ear to ear, free upgrades, the best kind.

Last edited by jcfernan51; 07-11-2014 at 07:51 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost