register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1684Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #6601

Yousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the world
Groans: 127
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Adjusting my ride height mang

Mod-bug's back...
Yousuf is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-10-2014, 12:26 AM   #6602

PapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

OK, so last weekend I finally wound up buying some base and pearl, and went up to my buddy's shop in Sonora, CA where he painted my CS eyelids for me. And since we were there, and I had 1/2 pint of each left, we wound up tearing the plasti-dip off the fog bezels and painted them too.

Only crap part about the eyelids: I think their hood strut kit has shifted my hood to the left a bit because it touches the eyelid with the hood closed. I don't think it's a huge deal, and I'm probably the only person who will notice it, so whatever.

Here's a bunch of pics:
Attached Images
File Type: png painting.png (859.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: png painted eyelid.png (1.34 MB, 35 views)
File Type: png painted eyelid2.png (1.29 MB, 34 views)
File Type: png fullypainted2.png (1.46 MB, 34 views)
File Type: png rightbezel.png (1.22 MB, 31 views)
File Type: png leftbezel.png (1.21 MB, 30 views)
File Type: png fog bezels.png (887.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: png testfit.png (1.45 MB, 34 views)
File Type: png eyelid and bezel final.png (666.6 KB, 39 views)
File Type: png eyelid nospace2.png (1.25 MB, 34 views)
JBR 88 Durometer RMM, Autotech HPFP Internals, COBB Accessport V3, CS Hood Strut Kit, CS Underhood LED Kit, CS Eyelids (painted), BFG CS2s with JBR 5mm spacers, CS Power Series 3" intake, Password JDM gurney flap, FREEKTUNE e-Tune, Full Race FMIC, RÄZO RA101A Shoft Knob, RÄZO 270mm Convex Rear View Mirror, Rally Armor Limited Ed. Flaps, JBR Stage 2 Short Shifter, NGK one step colder plugs, Ultimate Racing: V3 downpipe (metal substrate core), straight testpipe, and CBE, CS high-pressure fuel line, CS injector seals (in progress), ON ORDER: DM Stage 1 OCC + VTA, DM EGR delete kit
PapaBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PapaBruno For This Useful Post:
jharris243 (09-10-2014)
 Old 09-10-2014, 12:37 AM   #6603

3wheeln is just really nice3wheeln is just really nice3wheeln is just really nice3wheeln is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well, that's what I did to my ride today. Ran over a decent screw by to me, it looks like a damn rail road tie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.23 MB, 32 views)
3wheeln is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #6604

Yousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the world
Groans: 127
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

There was supposed to be a picture in my last post, anyway here's the ride height, I need to make some changes because I'm not entirely happy with it. Gonna get it aligned too and see what's up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.95 MB, 62 views)

Mod-bug's back...
Yousuf is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-10-2014, 08:21 AM   #6605

Josegarcia020 has a brilliant futureJosegarcia020 has a brilliant futureJosegarcia020 has a brilliant futureJosegarcia020 has a brilliant futureJosegarcia020 has a brilliant futureJosegarcia020 has a brilliant futureJosegarcia020 has a brilliant futureJosegarcia020 has a brilliant futureJosegarcia020 has a brilliant futureJosegarcia020 has a brilliant futureJosegarcia020 has a brilliant future
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed the jbr bpv hose with the GFB BPV
Josegarcia020 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-10-2014, 07:56 PM   #6606

RACER_X is the leader of the worldRACER_X is the leader of the worldRACER_X is the leader of the worldRACER_X is the leader of the worldRACER_X is the leader of the worldRACER_X is the leader of the worldRACER_X is the leader of the worldRACER_X is the leader of the worldRACER_X is the leader of the worldRACER_X is the leader of the worldRACER_X is the leader of the world
Groaned at 31 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Almost there, enkei forget to ship the hub rings, other shop didn't ship the gorilla splined lugs, looks like sat

uploadfromtaptalk1410400596730.jpg

2012 MS3 Liquid Silver
Autotech HPFP
Cobb AP & CBE
Corksport FTB
Enkei Raijin 18x8 et45
JBR 3.0WP, RSB, RMM & SSP II
Stratified Tune
TrackMasters hood prop and ecu reloc.
TurboSmart BOV
RACER_X is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RACER_X For This Useful Post:
Yousuf (09-14-2014)
 Old 09-10-2014, 08:56 PM   #6607

gaspipe is a glorious beacon of lightgaspipe is a glorious beacon of lightgaspipe is a glorious beacon of lightgaspipe is a glorious beacon of lightgaspipe is a glorious beacon of lightgaspipe is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Dumped the OE transmission oil and dumped in some of Ford's magical unicorn gearbox squeezins.

Rotated the rubber again, and came to the conclusion that the OE tires are ready for retirement.

Time for more rubber, and more umph I reckon.
 Old 09-11-2014, 08:08 AM   #6608

william.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

First oil change since purchase the other day, and switched it up to Rotella T6 as everyone here seems to recommend. Researching new plugs now so I can switch them out, then the wife is purchasing me an E85 e-tune from Freek.
william.fletcher2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-11-2014, 08:13 AM   #6609

3wheeln is just really nice3wheeln is just really nice3wheeln is just really nice3wheeln is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did this yesterday on my day off. Got the handles and rings done to match the interior a few months ago. Figured while I was at it, why not wrap the phone to match lol
 Old 09-11-2014, 08:14 AM   #6610

Not Ranked  0 score     

Sorry. Don't know why it didn't load
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (754.5 KB, 80 views)
nb6179505 likes this.
 Old 09-11-2014, 09:02 AM   #6611

SnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by william.fletcher2 View Post
First oil change since purchase the other day, and switched it up to Rotella T6 as everyone here seems to recommend. Researching new plugs now so I can switch them out, then the wife is purchasing me an E85 e-tune from Freek.
Be careful with T6 on E... I don't know if you're planning a blend or just straight up E, but T6 is known to cause gunking issues in the HPFP on full and high concentration E85. You may wanna take a read through the E85 section if you haven't already just to see what you may be contending with...
Cobb AP
HTP 3" Intake
C(u)NT 3" Catless Downpipe
JBR OCC, EGR delete, Under Engine Piping
Treadstone TR6 FMIC and brackets
Damond RMM, PMM, TMM
JBR SSP & BUSHINGS
Autotech HPFP Internals
AESTHETIC-
DIY Mudflaps, DDM 55W HL/35W FL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SnailSpeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-11-2014, 06:56 PM   #6612

william.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SnailSpeed3 View Post
Be careful with T6 on E... I don't know if you're planning a blend or just straight up E, but T6 is known to cause gunking issues in the HPFP on full and high concentration E85. You may wanna take a read through the E85 section if you haven't already just to see what you may be contending with...
Thank you for the heads up. If I do decide to go E85 rather than 93, I will be running a 9/3 mix. I am doing a whole lot of reading up on this whole topic to see what my best option is. I plan to get in contact with multiple people first before going Cornfed. I may just end up doing 93. When I purchased the car it had a 91 dyno tune pushing 289/315. I believe with my current set-up I should be able to push more, and depending on where 93 will put me I may go that route for ease of use.
william.fletcher2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #6613

JonnyRock has much to be proud ofJonnyRock has much to be proud ofJonnyRock has much to be proud ofJonnyRock has much to be proud ofJonnyRock has much to be proud ofJonnyRock has much to be proud ofJonnyRock has much to be proud ofJonnyRock has much to be proud ofJonnyRock has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did this a few days ago, but finally got around to taking a photo. Perrin 2" Shorty Antenna fits the pu.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-09-12 18.49.14.jpg (275.5 KB, 41 views)

Power
CS Stage 2 SRI+TIP /// CS TMIC /// CS HPFP Internals /// Cobb AP V3 /// eFocus RMM /// Damond SSP /// Continental DWS /// Rotella T6 5W40 /// Fumoto Valve

Appearance
CS Mud Flaps /// 35% Tint /// Perrin 2" Antenna /// CS Hood Dampers /// Baby On Board sign

Previous :
13 Subaru BRZ Limited (WRB, 6MT), 04 Volvo V70R (SapphiKap), 70 Datsun 240Z (Racing Green, Serial #1704), 87 Yota P/U (White w/BTTF stripes)
JonnyRock is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-12-2014, 10:52 PM   #6614
Raiders Bitch

Shampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the world
Groans: 25
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed the autotech internals, pretty easy. The guide on here and the YouTube video helped answer any questions I had now to save for the rest of the exhaust and a bigger tmic
Cobb Tuning Accessport V3, Autotech HPFP Internals, HTP 3in Intake, Turbosmart Dual Port, Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, CP-e TMIC, Ultimate Racing Catback, DM RMM, DM PMM, CPE Trans Mount, JBR Shifter Bushings, OCC

Rice: LED's, Black emblems, Rally Armor mudflaps, OEM Rain Visors, OEM Cargo Tray, Weathertech Floor mats, S204 lip (RIP), PERM shift knob, Cobb Exhaust hangers, Blue Evo X GSR wheels

Fluids/other shit: Rotella T6, NGK 1 step colder plugs
235/40 Pilot Super Sports

Tuned by Nishan
25% E85
Shampu is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-13-2014, 09:52 AM   #6615

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,973 Times in 858 Posts
Groans: 333
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Corksport; True 3" Intake, fits with the Corksport Batttery Box too... very happy...

PapaBruno likes this.

AEM Wideband Failsafe // Autotech Internals // Bilstein B8's // Bosch 3 Bar MAP // Cobb APv3 & Springs // CorkSport BPV & EBCS & Injector Seals // Damond Motorsports OCC & Threesome // HTP 3.5" Intake & Under-Route Piping // JBR RSB & TIG's // Kozmic EGR Delete // OBX TBE // Relentless Customs PNP Intake Manifold // SPC Camber Arms // Treadstone TR8 // Torque Solution Shifter Bushings // XS Power Exhaust Manifold
5% Tint // 3aMotors Carbon Fiber Wing // BaysonR Lip Kit // CorkSport CF Hood Scoop & Rear Wiper Plug & Steering Wheel // JBR Shoft Shifter // Matsu Carbon Fiber Mirrors/B-pillars // Nextmod GV Grille // Rally Armor Mud Flaps // TSW Nurburgring 18x8 +35
g00s3y is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-13-2014, 10:35 AM   #6616

DiggityDan123 will become famous soon enoughDiggityDan123 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ordering a TBE but not too sure if I want to do a Catted DP or Cattles DP. Besides emissions I've read that catless has less air restriction and has better pull due to that. Any ideas?
DiggityDan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-13-2014, 10:44 AM   #6617

Spring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by DiggityDan123 View Post
Ordering a TBE but not too sure if I want to do a Catted DP or Cattles DP. Besides emissions I've read that catless has less air restriction and has better pull due to that. Any ideas?

I run catless and love it

Sent from my Tubesteak

HTP 3" Intake//Accessport V3//Grimmspeed Ebcs 3 Port//Forge V2 BPV//Cpe Tmic//Cpe Stage 2 RMM//Jbr 80a PMM//Jbr 88a TMM//Jbr Boost Tubes//Jbr Recirc Hose//Corksport SSP/Shift Weight//Jbr Ssb//Autotech Internals//NGK Step Colder Plugs//Bosch 3 Bar Map Sensor/SP63 Harness//Egr Delete//Jbr Tig Throttle Body Gasket//Coolant Bypass//Ur Catless Downpipe/Ur Catless Test Pipe/Ur Catback//Jbr RSB//BC Coilovers
POWERED BY PURPLE DRANK
Spring24 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-13-2014, 11:43 AM   #6618

Ezkeal is a name known to allEzkeal is a name known to allEzkeal is a name known to allEzkeal is a name known to allEzkeal is a name known to allEzkeal is a name known to all
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ya make sure you read about restrictions, I have a catless DP and a 2nd cat delete, I LOVE IT. the smell is also amazing but thats just my opinion :-)

For the Future:
CPE Top mount
Turbosmart Dual Port
Lowering Springs
Jbr tmm
Jbr pmm
Ezkeal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #6619

Werm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by gaspipe View Post
Dumped the OE transmission oil and dumped in some of Ford's magical unicorn gearbox squeezins.

Rotated the rubber again, and came to the conclusion that the OE tires are ready for retirement.

Time for more rubber, and more umph I reckon.
isn't the OE MXT Fluid Motorcraft to begin with?
Werm is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #6620

Not Ranked  0 score     

I've been told to leave the oe tranny fluid alone. Can others specify?
 Old 09-13-2014, 11:55 AM   #6621

DiggityDan123 will become famous soon enoughDiggityDan123 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Ezkeal View Post
Ya make sure you read about restrictions, I have a catless DP and a 2nd cat delete, I LOVE IT. the smell is also amazing but thats just my opinion :-)
Originally Posted by Spring24 View Post
I run catless and love it

Sent from my Tubesteak
What about the performance aspect? Also something about not having enough back pressure to spool the turbo..?
DiggityDan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #6622

Spring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

What about the performance aspect? Also something about not having enough back pressure to spool the turbo..?

You'll get about 5 horsepower give or take

Sent from my Tubesteak

HTP 3" Intake//Accessport V3//Grimmspeed Ebcs 3 Port//Forge V2 BPV//Cpe Tmic//Cpe Stage 2 RMM//Jbr 80a PMM//Jbr 88a TMM//Jbr Boost Tubes//Jbr Recirc Hose//Corksport SSP/Shift Weight//Jbr Ssb//Autotech Internals//NGK Step Colder Plugs//Bosch 3 Bar Map Sensor/SP63 Harness//Egr Delete//Jbr Tig Throttle Body Gasket//Coolant Bypass//Ur Catless Downpipe/Ur Catless Test Pipe/Ur Catback//Jbr RSB//BC Coilovers