register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1986Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-21-2015, 10:06 PM   #7681

sleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by liljae8 View Post
I'm hoping it's not on your Genpu. Your thermostat shouldn't be needing a replacement any time soon. Also, I'm guessing the job wasn't too bad, right?
Not my car no it isn't too bad 1 bolt on the housing is a pain in the ass but its not my first. Gen pus would be easier because the idler pully that takes place of p/s pump on genwons is a lot easier to pull off than the pump on genwons. I constantly forget to post for my car when I do something I will be posting when I put my new keyless receiver in though

sold

06 Mazdaspeed 6

LED turns, front switchbacks, 7000 lumen fogs, fancy boost gauge, dipped ms3 wheels
sleeveless is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-22-2015, 05:30 AM   #7682

Atomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 5
Groaned at 38 Times in 26 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Atomic41 View Post
What is this front strut brace ??? Will it fit on a GEN 1 with a CPE TMIC ?
Hello !?!?! nobody ...
 Old 04-22-2015, 08:38 AM   #7683

WFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 2
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hello !?!?! nobody ...
Its an AUTOEXE strut tie bar. And it is sitting on top of a CP-E intercooler in that photo. I would imagine it would fit on the Gen 1 too since nearly all top strut bars are interchangeable between the 2 cars.
 Old 04-22-2015, 06:48 PM   #7684

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Put my CP-E TMIC intercooler shroud on and spaced the intercooler up off the engine about 1/2 in after reading positive results on here. I also metal taped up any gaps around the intercooler
sheston is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-23-2015, 01:43 AM   #7685

Oliverms3 is the leader of the worldOliverms3 is the leader of the worldOliverms3 is the leader of the worldOliverms3 is the leader of the worldOliverms3 is the leader of the worldOliverms3 is the leader of the worldOliverms3 is the leader of the worldOliverms3 is the leader of the worldOliverms3 is the leader of the worldOliverms3 is the leader of the worldOliverms3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,946 Times in 513 Posts
Groans: 25
Not Ranked  0 score     

replaced the smoking k04 with a rebuilt one. Oh and installed a new turbo manifold... sucka is louder now

2010 BM MS3 - Cobb AP||3gal corn||Autotech Internals||ETS TMIC||Forge BPV||Denso Iridium ITV22||TurboXS DP||ARK exhaust||CP-E Nano SRI||PG TIP||JBR RMM||JBR PMM||TRZ TMM||NRG ETD||DDM 55w 5000k HIDs and DDM 35w 3000k HID fogs||JB Heavy Knob||JB SSP||ST Coilovers w/ Eibach rear Camber Kit(made by SPC)||17x9 +28 Drag DR31 (track) RPF1 18x8 +35 (DD)||HKS TT Type 0||Clarion EQ||MB Quarts speakers||Pioneer amps and 10" Competition Sub.
346hp 392lbs of sexyness
Oliverms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-23-2015, 05:31 AM   #7686

Cujo is the leader of the worldCujo is the leader of the worldCujo is the leader of the worldCujo is the leader of the worldCujo is the leader of the worldCujo is the leader of the worldCujo is the leader of the worldCujo is the leader of the worldCujo is the leader of the worldCujo is the leader of the worldCujo is the leader of the world
Groans: 37
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ordered my StopTech Sport Kit (StopTech Front & Rear Slotted Rotors, StopTech Performance Brake Pads, StopTech SS Brake Lines) Wednesday afternoon with free shipping... EVERYTHING was delivered yesterday afternoon...

Edge Autosport FTMFW
liljae8 likes this.
Cobb AP // Stratified S-OTS+ Stage 2 Tune // Autotech Internals // CorkSport 3" Intake // CX Racing FMIC // NGK Iridium One Step Colder Plugs // JBR Throttle Body Gasket Kit & Coolant Bypass // SURE Return (w/ Dremel mod) // GFB Respons BOV // UR V2 Metal Catted DP // SURE Flow M3 // UR Catback Exhaust // StopTech Front Slotted Rotors + Performance Brake Pads // TWM Phantom Shift Knob // TWM Leather Shift Boot // CorkSport Adjustable Shortshifter // SURE Anchors // Tanabe NF210 Springs // JBR Tru-Torsion.125 Rear Sway Bar // Tanabe Sustec Tower Strut Bar // Tanabe Sustec Front Under Brace // JBR 88a RMM // Rally Armor Mudflaps // CorkSport Hood Scoop // CorkSport Battery Box // CorkSport LED Light Kit // CorkSport LED Fogs // GTA Car Kits iPod Adapter // Weathertech Floor Mats // Motorcraft Unicorn Tranny Juice // Pentosin Super DOT 4 Brake Fluid // Purple Effect Stock Rims // Falken Ziex ZE 329 // Plastidip'd Fog Light Bezels

Waiting for install: StopTech Rear Slotted Rotors + Performance Brake Pads, StopTech SS Brake Lines

Soon: Custom Tune by Stratified // Guardian Angel // BT, CorkSport Puppy or BNRs3???

Cujo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-23-2015, 11:00 AM   #7687

liljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant future
Groaned at 4 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Finally bought a JBR OCC. Might install it next weekend or the weekend after that. Pointers? It's pretty straight forward right?
CS SRI/TIP, CS SSP, CS TMIC, Turbosmart Dualport, COBB AP V3, DDM HID kit 6000k, Autotech Internals, CPe Stage 2 RMM, JBR Cylinder Shift Knob, LED interior and license plate bulbs, yellow LaminX fogs, Blacked out Emblems, Blue Batmobile red-out tail lights, light smoked head lights, Gloss black vinyl roof, Bayson R spoiler lip extension, Rally Armor Mudflaps, CPe Towplate relocation license plate, Prosport Boost Gauge w/ Block8head defroster vent pod.

Yet to install: JBR OCC
liljae8 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-23-2015, 03:56 PM   #7688

MattH has a spectacular aura aboutMattH has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Finally fixed my baby Here's some before and afters:
IMG_4481.jpg

IMG_4482.jpg

IMG_7730.JPG

IMG_7731.JPG
MattH is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-23-2015, 04:10 PM   #7689

sleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I put a jbr 3 in widebody on my car and tune. Big difference from stock

sold

06 Mazdaspeed 6

LED turns, front switchbacks, 7000 lumen fogs, fancy boost gauge, dipped ms3 wheels
sleeveless is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-23-2015, 08:17 PM   #7690

Yatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,278 Times in 645 Posts
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by montybuttons View Post
Had these bumper guards sitting around since before winter, finally put them on.

Where did you get these?

But it isn't respectable. It's mildly terrifying. And that actually makes it quite appealing. - Mazda 3 MPS review, Matthew Jones, Top Gear.
mods: \\// AT HPFP // AccessPort // CS S2 TIP, SRI and TMIC // CPe S2 RMM // Synapse BPV // Mazda gutted secondary cat // S-OTS+ 91S2 // HKS TP DLi II // Wilwood DP6 13” brakes // TCE 2 piece rear rotors // Maxwell SuperCap/LiFePO4 cell \\//

waiting for install: \\// CPE Catted DP // CS Battery Box // Devils Own Meth kit // H&R Coilovers \\//
Yatta is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-24-2015, 09:36 AM   #7691

Spring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sold my Turbosmart dual port to a WRX friend, wow the stock bpv is so much better. Just waiting for my forge v2 to come in the mail and hopefully its better than the turbosmart.

HTP 3" Intake//Accessport V3//Grimmspeed Ebcs 3 Port//Forge V2 BPV//Cpe Tmic//Cpe Stage 2 RMM//Jbr 80a PMM//Jbr 88a TMM//Jbr Boost Tubes//Jbr Recirc Hose//Corksport SSP/Shift Weight//Jbr Ssb//Autotech Internals//NGK Step Colder Plugs//Bosch 3 Bar Map Sensor/SP63 Harness//Egr Delete//Jbr Tig Throttle Body Gasket//Coolant Bypass//Ur Catless Downpipe/Ur Catless Test Pipe/Ur Catback//Jbr RSB//BC Coilovers
POWERED BY PURPLE DRANK
Spring24 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-24-2015, 09:38 AM   #7692
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,979 Times in 2,782 Posts
Groans: 1,901
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Spring24 View Post
Sold my Turbosmart dual port to a WRX friend, wow the stock bpv is so much better. Just waiting for my forge v2 to come in the mail and hopefully its better than the turbosmart.
Better how?

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-24-2015, 09:40 AM   #7693

Spring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond reputeSpring24 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
Better how?

The turbosmart was a pain to adjust and to get it to not flutter and shifting was rough, it was never a nice and easy blow off. I was running it on full recirc too.

Sent from my Tubesteak

HTP 3" Intake//Accessport V3//Grimmspeed Ebcs 3 Port//Forge V2 BPV//Cpe Tmic//Cpe Stage 2 RMM//Jbr 80a PMM//Jbr 88a TMM//Jbr Boost Tubes//Jbr Recirc Hose//Corksport SSP/Shift Weight//Jbr Ssb//Autotech Internals//NGK Step Colder Plugs//Bosch 3 Bar Map Sensor/SP63 Harness//Egr Delete//Jbr Tig Throttle Body Gasket//Coolant Bypass//Ur Catless Downpipe/Ur Catless Test Pipe/Ur Catback//Jbr RSB//BC Coilovers
POWERED BY PURPLE DRANK
The Following User Says Thank You to Spring24 For This Useful Post:
PapaBruno (04-24-2015)
 Old 04-24-2015, 11:27 AM   #7694

WFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

^ Go with the GFB (Go Fast Bits) blowoff and call it a day.
Works perfectly like stock without a single issue. Adjustment made by hand turning a knob, what could be easier. You still get a huge "pshhhhhh" even with the valve opened just slightly and it is running basically like stock. Everybody in my area runs one and has tried all the others.
 Old 04-24-2015, 11:53 AM   #7695

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by WFO! View Post
^ Go with the GFB (Go Fast Bits) blowoff and call it a day.
Works perfectly like stock without a single issue. Adjustment made by hand turning a knob, what could be easier. You still get a huge "pshhhhhh" even with the valve opened just slightly and it is running basically like stock. Everybody in my area runs one and has tried all the others.

I looked at that one but I didn't want to spent 250+ on a bpv and I wanted one where I barely had to adjust it. And honestly I don't like the loud psh it's gotten old from the turbosmart so that's why I went with the forge.

Sent from my Tubesteak

POWERED BY PURPLE DRANK
 Old 04-24-2015, 12:08 PM   #7696

greez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant future
Groaned at 12 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's pretty much where I stand on the GFB bpv/bov. I guess I'll just suck it up and spend the cash for it since its got rave reviews.

Cobb SRI/TIH | Cobb XLE BPV | Cobb Accessport V2
Hawk HPS Pads | CorskSport RMM & TMM Inserts
KMD V3 HPFP Internals | Freektuned
greez is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-24-2015, 01:03 PM   #7697

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Spring24 View Post
I looked at that one but I didn't want to spent 250+ on a bpv and I wanted one where I barely had to adjust it. And honestly I don't like the loud psh it's gotten old from the turbosmart so that's why I went with the forge.

Sent from my Tubesteak
I didnt like the Forge V2. Didnt like the constant flutter and fiddling with different springs and shims and still never being right. Hated having to always disassemble/clean it too. Also didnt like the sound.

I never had to tinker with the GFB it was nearly perfect right out of the box.

If you hold the GFB in your hands you will throw rocks at the Forge. No comparison. The Forge is slightly cheap (design and build). Nothing revolutionary or impressive about it.

Check eBay for a used GFB you can usually score one for under 150.00.

Just my 2 cents.
 Old 04-24-2015, 01:30 PM   #7698

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by WFO! View Post
I didnt like the Forge V2. Didnt like the constant flutter and fiddling with different springs and shims and still never being right. Hated having to always disassemble/clean it too. Also didnt like the sound.

I never had to tinker with the GFB it was nearly perfect right out of the box.

If you hold the GFB in your hands you will throw rocks at the Forge. No comparison. The Forge is slightly cheap (design and build). Nothing revolutionary or impressive about it.

Check eBay for a used GFB you can usually score one for under 150.00.

Just my 2 cents.

Alright thanks man I'll look into it

Sent from my Tubesteak

POWERED BY PURPLE DRANK
 Old 04-24-2015, 04:40 PM   #7699

TeamInsane72 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hit a fucking "invisible" pothole and put a nice little rip in the front drivers sidewall and dinged the rim (oem).
TeamInsane72 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-24-2015, 04:43 PM   #7700

CFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by TeamInsane72 View Post
Hit a fucking "invisible" pothole and put a nice little rip in the front drivers sidewall and dinged the rim (oem).
Did the same thing 3 days go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1,016.3 KB, 50 views)
CFI2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-24-2015, 05:45 PM   #7701

TeamInsane72 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Gotta love living in the rust belt states....
TeamInsane72 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-24-2015, 05:48 PM   #7702

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by CFI2008 View Post
Did the same thing 3 days go.
Thats why I dont put my summer wheels back on until May.
They need to fix a shitload of holes up here in my area. Rough winter in New England.
 Old 04-24-2015, 06:14 PM   #7703

broda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed my HPFP internals and CPE TMIC today. Found out I didn't have an 18mm socket that doesn't taper until after I had the fuel pump out. Oops... Now all I have left to do is the EM, BT and downpipe eventually. I'm somewhat dreading it since I'm going to be doing it myself.
broda is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-24-2015, 07:13 PM   #7704

speedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Not Ranked  0 score     

Finally got my ceramic coated heat shield installed on the turbo manifold. Hope this helps keep the tmic cooler. Been running around without the shield on for months.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.84 MB, 35 views)
2009 Nissan Frontier LE loaded...big stereo system (traded)
2009 Cadillac CTS sport package...stock (blown and traded piece of shit)
1994 Integra RS built all motor (sold)
1990 Civic EF nitrous turbo motor swapped beast (sold)
1987 Dodge pick up...jacked up (sold)
speedfreak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to speedfreak44 For This Useful Post:
Vansquish (04-27-2015)
 Old 04-24-2015, 08:42 PM   #7705

speed3okie is the leader of the worldspeed3okie is the leader of the worldspeed3okie is the leader of the worldspeed3okie is the leader of the worldspeed3okie is the leader of the worldspeed3okie is the leader of the worldspeed3okie is the leader of the worldspeed3okie is the leader of the worldspeed3okie is the leader of the worldspeed3okie is the leader of the worldspeed3okie is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed Visors today.

Before:
20150424_154230.jpg

After:
20150424_154642.jpg

Right Side:
20150424_154751.jpg

Left Side:
20150424_154801.jpg
nb6179505 likes this.

CORKSPORT : Shifter Bushings / Interior Led Kit / Hood Struts / Short Ram Intake / Coolant Tank / Ecu Relocation-Battery Box / Disi Silicone Boost Tubes / Mid-chassis Brace / Fog Light Kit / Mud Flap Kit / Underhood Led Light Kit /
Disi Silicone Bypass Valve Hose / Turbo Inlet Pipe / Mazdaspeed MZR Bypass Valve / Leather Shift Knob / MS3 Race Rear Motor Mount /Adjustable Short Shifter /
Strut - Spring Combo Set

JBR: Tru-Torsion 3-Way Adjustable Rear Sway Bar / Transmission Side Motor Mount 80a Durometer /
Passenger Side Motor Mount 80a Durometer /

DIODE DYNAMICS: Interior Led Kit
SPC : Rear Camber Arms
Ebay: Race Pipe
Optima: Red Battery
MOOG : Front and Rear End Sway Bar End Links
AutoTech : HPFP Internals
35% Tint
-------------------------------Not done yet-------------------------
Need More Parts
-------------------------------Not done yet-------------------------
speed3okie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speed3okie For This Useful Post:
donjohnk (05-07-2015), sleeveless (04-28-2015)
 Old 04-24-2015, 09:24 PM   #7706

Finchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Put on a clean air filter on my CS SRI.
Finchee is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-24-2015, 10:30 PM   #7707

Castillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 44 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed my jbr pmm after my oem pooped itself
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150422_112331.jpg (4.97 MB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 20150423_131032.jpg (3.83 MB, 38 views)
Freektuned--BNRS3--HTP 3" Sri--COBB apv3 & springs--CPE catted dp & safe seals--TS dual bov--AT hpfp internals--CFM rmm--JBR pmm, tmm, ssb, ebcs, TIGs, full egr delete, rsb & fmic piping/tr6--DM occ--CS cbe & ssp--SPC camber arms--Bosch 3Bar map--RA mudflaps
Ambit RE82 18x9.5 +38 255/35

-v8 swap in progress-
1994 Miata
DGR coilovers-Hard Dog Rollbar-STR 506 15x7.5 +15

-Sold-
2003 Protegé5 w/Hiboost turbo kit ihi vf22 turbo 5 speed

-Sold-
89' FC Rx7 vert S5 13B turbo swapped
Castillo817 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-25-2015, 04:05 AM   #7708

Dat8687 has a reputation beyond reputeDat8687 has a reputation beyond reputeDat8687 has a reputation beyond reputeDat8687 has a reputation beyond reputeDat8687 has a reputation beyond reputeDat8687 has a reputation beyond reputeDat8687 has a reputation beyond reputeDat8687 has a reputation beyond reputeDat8687 has a reputation beyond reputeDat8687 has a reputation beyond reputeDat8687 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 60 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What is this front strut brace ??? Will it fit on a GEN 1 with a CPE TMIC ?
AUTOEXE.. might fit.. the strut tower set is different than the individual pieces. And I don't see the part listed for the gen 1 for the individual one which is a different look. The reason I didn't get the bigger strut tower bar is because from my understanding modification was required to put it on.. Probably due to RHD? Go to the website and check it out. You can order through japan parts but confirm fitment

AutoExe:ENGLISH

Originally Posted by steevieg View Post
I actually like the look of it better with the bumper guards
yup it gives some contrast..

Last edited by Dat8687; 04-25-2015 at 04:09 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Dat8687 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-25-2015, 10:47 AM   #7709

montybuttons has a reputation beyond reputemontybuttons has a reputation beyond reputemontybuttons has a reputation beyond reputemontybuttons has a reputation beyond reputemontybuttons has a reputation beyond reputemontybuttons has a reputation beyond reputemontybuttons has a reputation beyond reputemontybuttons has a reputation beyond reputemontybuttons has a reputation beyond reputemontybuttons has a reputation beyond reputemontybuttons has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
Where did you get these?
I got them on eBay, if you can find them with free shipping they're a little bit cheaper than from the dealer. Just search for OEM Mazda 3 bumper guard.
The Following User Says Thank You to montybuttons For This Useful Post:
Yatta (04-27-2015)
 Old 04-26-2015, 09:57 AM   #7710

speedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by speedfreak44 View Post
Finally got my ceramic coated heat shield installed on the turbo manifold. Hope this helps keep the tmic cooler. Been running around without the shield on for months.
Update to this:
I have not pulled any logs yet I will shortly but after idling down my driveway and parking my tmic used to be pretty hot near the turbo before this was installed. Now I can easily leave my hand on it. IAT has not really changed however so it does not appear to reduce underhood temps any. Going to compare BAT logs shortly and update.

Update 3:
BATs did not really change. 4th gear pull still net about 20* rise in temps at redline. IATs stayed about the same too cruising. This kinda sucks but what it does do is my IAT and BATs dropped much quicker after a pull. They were almost immediately back to prepull temps.

Last edited by speedfreak44; 04-26-2015 at 11:20 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speedfreak44 For This Useful Post:
Awal (05-02-2015), Vansquish (04-27-2015)
 Old 04-27-2015, 07:11 AM   #7711

jharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

A busy weekend for me, I did a compression test in anticipation of BNR s3 install (if it ever arrives, damn backorder) -180 across the board for all.

I also threw on my summer tires, RX-8's painted graphite with Michelin PSS 235/40/18s. Soooo much better than my 2/32 tread bald winter tires.

Plus I did a full detail to get rid of all the winter grime. Took about 6 hours of my Saturday, clay bar takes forever but it is so worth it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150425_145155.jpg (2.31 MB, 51 views)
 Old 04-27-2015, 03:39 PM   #7712

Tifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

Had to replace the sticky pad backing for AP V3 as it was near falling off my dash (mounted next to traction control button) due to adhesive on the mount side no longer doing its job. The dash side of the foam tape was actually stuck on good and hard to get off. As a trial I decided to just rough the bottom of the mount with some sand paper for better grip and used some 3M double sided foam tape that came extra with on of those adhesive wall hangers. I did trim the tape a little so it didn't stick out on the ends and it isn't quite as wide as the mount bottom, but it's close. I did this as a quick solution and I'm not really wanting to drill holes in the dash. It is holding solid so far, time will tell if I need a better solution or just continue to repeat this.
 Old 04-27-2015, 05:04 PM   #7713

greez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant future
Groaned at 12 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed the Cobb BPV/BOV today. Bought it from one of the nice gents on the forum here. Running it full VTA for now. I'm gonna put the plate back on later to see/hear the difference.

Cobb SRI/TIH | Cobb XLE BPV | Cobb Accessport V2
Hawk HPS Pads | CorskSport RMM & TMM Inserts
KMD V3 HPFP Internals | Freektuned
greez is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-27-2015, 05:28 PM   #7714
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world

Just the top one? I can think of a couple more you should've done while you were at it! There's the one that covers the bottom of the OE manifold, and then there are 2 (if memory serves) around the turbo itself.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:59 PM   #7715

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yea I didn't feel like doing the rest as all I cared about was blocking the heat from the tmic. Plus I don't feel like pulling the o2 sensor or fighting to get the other shields back in. Either way I am overall happy with the outcome. Now corksport just needs to hurry with their turbo.
 Old 04-27-2015, 06:06 PM   #7716
Police - Grammarhead

Yea I didn't feel like doing the rest as all I cared about was blocking the heat from the tmic. Plus I don't feel like pulling the o2 sensor or fighting to get the other shields back in. Either way I am overall happy with the outcome. Now corksport just needs to hurry with their turbo.
Well...while you're in there doing the turbo, you could always coat those heat shields...

Old 04-27-2015, 06:12 PM   #7717

liljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant future
Groaned at 4 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jharris243 View Post
A busy weekend for me, I did a compression test in anticipation of BNR s3 install (if it ever arrives, damn backorder) -180 across the board for all.

I also threw on my summer tires, RX-8's painted graphite with Michelin PSS 235/40/18s. Soooo much better than my 2/32 tread bald winter tires.

Plus I did a full detail to get rid of all the winter grime. Took about 6 hours of my Saturday, clay bar takes forever but it is so worth it.
A little dark on the picture, but looks really good! I was wondering how RX8s look on a a CWP Genpu. I like it.
CS SRI/TIP, CS SSP, CS TMIC, Turbosmart Dualport, COBB AP V3, DDM HID kit 6000k, Autotech Internals, CPe Stage 2 RMM, JBR Cylinder Shift Knob, LED interior and license plate bulbs, yellow LaminX fogs, Blacked out Emblems, Blue Batmobile red-out tail lights, light smoked head lights, Gloss black vinyl roof, Bayson R spoiler lip extension, Rally Armor Mudflaps, CPe Towplate relocation license plate, Prosport Boost Gauge w/ Block8head defroster vent pod.

Yet to install: JBR OCC
liljae8 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-27-2015, 06:17 PM   #7718

jharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the worldjharris243 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by liljae8 View Post
A little dark on the picture, but looks really good! I was wondering how RX8s look on a a CWP Genpu. I like it.
Thanks! My Nexus 4 camera sucks lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
 Old 04-27-2015, 06:49 PM   #7719

Not Ranked  0 score     

The rx8 in dark gray look good on the white. I wanted those before getting the enkeis.

And yes @Vansquish; that is a doable plan. I still have the other shields sitting around maybe I will have them done before hand so they are ready to go whenever the turbo is released.
Vansquish likes this.
 Old 04-27-2015, 06:54 PM   #7720
Police - Grammarhead

The rx8 in dark gray look good on the white. I wanted those before getting the enkeis.

And yes @Vansquish; that is a doable plan. I still have the other shields sotting around maybe I will have them done before hamd so they are ready to go whenever the turbo is released.
I can tell you that my underhood temps dropped significantly after I reinstalled the turbo heat shields and the underside heat shields for the manifold. I can't speak to whether or not it had much of an impact on KR, but it certainly improved recovery times for BAT/IATs.