register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1986Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-01-2015, 09:38 AM   #8081

GregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Two days ago I installed a fire extinguisher after reading @Code Monkey;'s build thread (Mazdaspeed6 for road racing) in which his MS6 caught fire on the track! I picked up a Kiddie brand BC-type designed for automotive use. The charge is sodium bicarbonate, which is far less corrosive than your standard dry chemical. Hopefully I never have to use it.

Then yesterday, I took off my intake manifold and cleaned the intake valves. This is the first time this has been done on my car with over 100,000 miles on the clock. Let me tell you, they were FILTHY! At first I tried simply walnut blasting, and all it did was turn it into walnut cake. I had to soak the valves in B12 for a bit, then scrub the crap out of them for a while with brass gun brushes, scrub some more, and scrub even more, and then finally walnut blast. A nice thing I discovered is that only one set (1 cyl) of valves are open at a given time, which enables doing 3 cyl at a time, turning the crank, and doing the final cyl.

I previously was a skeptic about the whole valve cleaning thing, but now I'm a believer. It made a huge difference. She runs so much smoother now. No more bucking when letting off the throttle under load in mid RPM's, idles better, transitions better back onto the throttle, etc…

Unfortunately it was getting late, and in my haste, I forgot to take after photos. Attached, none the less are photos from before. Oh yeah, don't forget to change your oil after a valve cleaning, kids! Rotella-T 5w-40 synthetic for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-3.JPG (770.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1829.JPG (628.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1830.JPG (555.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1831.JPG (494.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1832.JPG (472.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1833.JPG (611.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1834.JPG (608.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1836.JPG (517.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1837.JPG (399.5 KB, 20 views)
MD1032, Awal and Castillo817 like this.
Cobb AP v3, tuning by Stratified Automotive Controls, Autotech HPFP internals, one step colder NGK Iridium plugs, Cobb DP, Magnaflow 3" CBE, Corksport SRI/TIP, Corksport Race RMM 80A, Synapse Synchronic DV in push mode A+B, Treadstone TR6 FMIC, JBR FMIC piping kit, JBR Silicone recirc hose, JBR rear sway bar, Bilstein B14 coilovers, SPC adjustable rear camber arms, Stoptech SS brake lines and brake pads, 17x9" et+45mm Enkei Racing RPF1's, 245/40/17 Hankook RS3's, JBR 5mm hub/wheel spacers in front.
GregScuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GregScuba For This Useful Post:
Awal (07-01-2015), Code Monkey (07-01-2015)
 Old 07-01-2015, 10:39 AM   #8082

Castillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 44 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Man I want to clean my valves pretty soon
Freektuned--BNRS3--HTP 3" Sri--COBB apv3 & springs--CPE catted dp & safe seals--TS dual bov--AT hpfp internals--CFM rmm--JBR pmm, tmm, ssb, ebcs, TIGs, full egr delete, rsb & fmic piping/tr6--DM occ--CS cbe & ssp--SPC camber arms--Bosch 3Bar map--RA mudflaps
Ambit RE82 18x9.5 +38 255/35

-v8 swap in progress-
1994 Miata
DGR coilovers-Hard Dog Rollbar-STR 506 15x7.5 +15

-Sold-
2003 Protegé5 w/Hiboost turbo kit ihi vf22 turbo 5 speed

-Sold-
89' FC Rx7 vert S5 13B turbo swapped
Castillo817 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-01-2015, 02:17 PM   #8083

Awal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Every time someone posts about cleaning valves it reminds me that I gotta get on the WMI asap. Gotta get it installed while my valves are still pretty clean, those pictures just help to drive the point home, thanks!

2013 LSM W/ Tech
CORKSPORTFull Race RMM CORKSPORTPMM CORKSPORTTMM CORKSPORTTMIC(temporarily uninstalled for Warranty BS) CORKSPORTECU RELOCATION BATTERY BOX(temporarily uninstalled for Warranty BS) CORKSPORTSSP CORKSPORTSHIFTER BUSHINGS CORKSPORT3.5" POWER SERIES SRI/TIP(temporarily uninstalled for Warranty BS) CORKSPORTBPV(temporarily uninstalled for Warranty BS) CORKSPORTRSB @ Full Stiff CORKSPORTMid Chassis Brace CORKSPORTHood Struts + decals for 20whp CORKSPORTLicense Plate Frames
COBBAP v3 w/ Window Mount
AUTOTECHHPFP INTERNALS

ToBeInstalled:
CORKSPORTFull Catless TBE, Rear Trunk Brace, Adjustable FELs, Cold Air Box (modified for 3.5")
dbaDBA42962S Front and Rear Rotors
StopTechRear Braided SS brake lines
JBROCC & VTA OCC kit, EGR BO, Boost Tubes
Cooling MistWMI kit
StratifiedCustom Tune (as soon as TBE is on)

On Deck
wilwoodFastbrakes DP4front Caliper kit (w/ bp-10 pads and braided SS fr lines)
Hawk PerformanceHB478F.605 or HB478Z.605 rear pads
BilsteinB16s
Awal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-01-2015, 05:01 PM   #8084

WFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Actually Ive seen far worse than those valves.
Somebody was talking at the shop the other day about using Easy Off oven cleaner on valves. Seemed to make sense.
I used a hardcore popcorn machine cleaner (Solvent) on an exhaust one time that had baked on black carbon/oil etc. Dissolved it easily and quickly.

I believe this was the stuff I used on the exhaust.

Awal likes this.
Awal (07-02-2015)
 Old 07-02-2015, 09:52 AM   #8085

GregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Awal View Post
Every time someone posts about cleaning valves it reminds me that I gotta get on the WMI asap. Gotta get it installed while my valves are still pretty clean, those pictures just help to drive the point home, thanks!
That was my impression as well initially, but after researching the topic a bit, apparently your valves will still get all gunked up, even with WMI; maybe just not quite as quickly so. Perhaps it is because the WMI is not a continuous thing, but rather only injected under heavy load. For this reason, an oil catch can and possibly even an EGR delete is often recommended.

The only reservations there seems to be on the aforementioned are that an OCC needs to be periodically emptied/serviced, and can potentially freeze up in colder climates. IIRC, I also seem to recall some complaints about rough running/idling issues after an EGR delete install. Perhaps those with first hand experience could chime in?

Cobb AP v3, tuning by Stratified Automotive Controls, Autotech HPFP internals, one step colder NGK Iridium plugs, Cobb DP, Magnaflow 3" CBE, Corksport SRI/TIP, Corksport Race RMM 80A, Synapse Synchronic DV in push mode A+B, Treadstone TR6 FMIC, JBR FMIC piping kit, JBR Silicone recirc hose, JBR rear sway bar, Bilstein B14 coilovers, SPC adjustable rear camber arms, Stoptech SS brake lines and brake pads, 17x9" et+45mm Enkei Racing RPF1's, 245/40/17 Hankook RS3's, JBR 5mm hub/wheel spacers in front.
The Following User Says Thank You to GregScuba For This Useful Post:
Awal (07-02-2015)
 Old 07-02-2015, 10:30 AM   #8086

Yatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,278 Times in 645 Posts
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435858232.624621.jpg starting brake job.
Awal, 2 slo pu and Castillo817 like this.
mods: \\// AT HPFP // AccessPort // CS S2 TIP, SRI and TMIC // CPe S2 RMM // Synapse BPV // Mazda gutted secondary cat // S-OTS+ 91S2 // HKS TP DLi II // Wilwood DP6 13” brakes // TCE 2 piece rear rotors // Maxwell SuperCap/LiFePO4 cell \\//

waiting for install: \\// CPE Catted DP // CS Battery Box // Devils Own Meth kit // H&R Coilovers \\//
Yatta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yatta For This Useful Post:
Awal (07-02-2015), GregScuba (07-02-2015), JPele21 (07-14-2015), nekret (07-02-2015)
 Old 07-02-2015, 11:05 AM   #8087

WFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond reputeWFO! has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Job wouldn't be complete without loads of Harbor Freight tools...hahaha.

(been there)
Yatta likes this.
GregScuba (07-02-2015), Yatta (07-03-2015)
 Old 07-02-2015, 08:12 PM   #8088

Awal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by GregScuba View Post
That was my impression as well initially, but after researching the topic a bit, apparently your valves will still get all gunked up, even with WMI; maybe just not quite as quickly so. Perhaps it is because the WMI is not a continuous thing, but rather only injected under heavy load. For this reason, an oil catch can and possibly even an EGR delete is often recommended.

The only reservations there seems to be on the aforementioned are that an OCC needs to be periodically emptied/serviced, and can potentially freeze up in colder climates. IIRC, I also seem to recall some complaints about rough running/idling issues after an EGR delete install. Perhaps those with first hand experience could chime in?

It's so weird, it's almost like we read the same forums or something!

yeah, I have an OCC, and will through it on, even though I'm in Canada the Pacific Ocean + Rocky Mountains = very mild winters, very rarely under 0 (32* F) here, and I'm guessing that it takes a bit more than 0 to freeze it as it is insulated to a degree. I also don't drive my MS3 in the winter much if at all, I got an '88 323 gt for that stuff.

I've read all the same shit about peeps fighting rough idle, and I want none of that. but I do have the OCC and EGR block off to try.

Regarding the WMI, how many people installed it prior to already having a good layer of build up? it's always easier to keep anything clean before the shit gets sticky, and I'd be willing to run 100% MI for a certain amount of time every 2-3 months just to help keep it that way, then run it based off higher boost/load normally.

I'm certainly not afraid of doing it, I own a full size cabinet media blaster and have a modified gun set up that works outside of the enclosure, but any time I can save some time, and if I can keep my valves consistently cleaner for better power/mileage/throttle response etc, why not give it a go.

I would like to see WMI results on an engine with 10k miles or less, opened up at 60-100k to see what they look like.. I've seen some pretty convincing pics of some clean valves said to be that way because of WMI but I can't recall all the details.

I just order the Corksport Lil' BBK, rear pads, RSB, MCB, and now I'm just shopping around for a good set of road rotors to round out the kit. Can't wait to get them installed. Good luck with yer brake job, gotta love discs (unless u've owned a few '88 323 GT/GTX, slide hammers FTW, sucks to replace rotors).

2013 LSM W/ Tech
CORKSPORTFull Race RMM CORKSPORTPMM CORKSPORTTMM CORKSPORTTMIC(temporarily uninstalled for Warranty BS) CORKSPORTECU RELOCATION BATTERY BOX(temporarily uninstalled for Warranty BS) CORKSPORTSSP CORKSPORTSHIFTER BUSHINGS CORKSPORT3.5" POWER SERIES SRI/TIP(temporarily uninstalled for Warranty BS) CORKSPORTBPV(temporarily uninstalled for Warranty BS) CORKSPORTRSB @ Full Stiff CORKSPORTMid Chassis Brace CORKSPORTHood Struts + decals for 20whp CORKSPORTLicense Plate Frames
AUTOTECHHPFP INTERNALS

ToBeInstalled:
CORKSPORTFull Catless TBE, Rear Trunk Brace, Adjustable FELs, Cold Air Box (modified for 3.5")
Cooling MistWMI kit

On Deck
BilsteinB16s
The Following User Says Thank You to Awal For This Useful Post:
GregScuba (07-02-2015)
 Old 07-02-2015, 08:41 PM   #8089

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by WFO! View Post
Actually Ive seen far worse than those valves.
Somebody was talking at the shop the other day about using Easy Off oven cleaner on valves. Seemed to make sense.
I used a hardcore popcorn machine cleaner (Solvent) on an exhaust one time that had baked on black carbon/oil etc. Dissolved it easily and quickly.

I believe this was the stuff I used on the exhaust.

Easy Off is a magical tool when it comes to cleaning, especially on baked on crap.

We don't have a recirculating solvent tank/brush at the shop I work in so I have quite the strange assortment of cleaning products, pump-sprayers, abrasives. A buddy of mine from school showed me how well the oven cleaners work on cars and I've been using it ever since. There are other types/brands etc but Easy Off is definitely one of the best. A great multi-purpose cleaner for anything greasy/oily..

2013 LSM W/ Tech
AUTOTECHHPFP INTERNALS

ToBeInstalled:
Cooling MistWMI kit

On Deck
BilsteinB16s
The Following User Says Thank You to Awal For This Useful Post:
GregScuba (07-02-2015)
 Old 07-02-2015, 08:59 PM   #8090

speedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Yatta; when you are done there head my way. Stoptech rotors and pads in mail currently lol
Yatta and Awal like this.
2009 Nissan Frontier LE loaded...big stereo system (traded)
2009 Cadillac CTS sport package...stock (blown and traded piece of shit)
1994 Integra RS built all motor (sold)
1990 Civic EF nitrous turbo motor swapped beast (sold)
1987 Dodge pick up...jacked up (sold)
speedfreak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to speedfreak44 For This Useful Post:
Awal (07-02-2015), GregScuba (07-02-2015), Yatta (07-03-2015)
 Old 07-02-2015, 09:31 PM   #8091

Not Ranked  0 score     

I used Berryman B12 on my valves, and it seemed to work fairly well. I'll also try the Easy Off next time. Anything to make the tedious job of valve cleaning any easier! I figure I'll probably do it again in another 30,000-40,000 mi, or whenever she starts running a little rough again.

In the mean time, WMI is becoming that much more enticing. Now that the valves are cleaned, I think it's time for a proper E-tune. I would like to keep my compression numbers where they are (195-200 in all 4cyl).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GregScuba For This Useful Post:
Awal (07-02-2015), roguemazda (07-08-2015)
 Old 07-03-2015, 09:39 AM   #8092

texasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 16 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Serviced the car for a track day on the 4th.

Oil change - Motorcraft filter and Rotella T6
Transmission fluid change - Redline MTL GL4 75w-80
Brake fluid flush - Motul RBF600
Awal likes this.

2003 A4 1.8TQ
APR stg2+, MTM 420cc injectors, EuroCode FMIC, PSi testpipe, Techtonics Tuning downpipe, Forge TIP, Hyperboost DV, 240mm clutch, LWFW flywheel, B5S4 calipers, Goodridge SS lines, Stern snub, motor and transmission mounts, Powerflex rear diff bushing, 034MotorSports rear diff. carrier bushing inserts, JHM SS shifter, solid linkage, stabilizer bushing and weighted knob, Vogtland Jr. Cup Kit, B7 RS4 front and rear sway bars.
texasboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to texasboy21 For This Useful Post:
Awal (07-03-2015)
 Old 07-03-2015, 09:54 AM   #8093

Castillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the worldCastillo817 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Went to the stealership to cancel my warranty which I don't know why I got it in the first place
Freektuned--BNRS3--HTP 3" Sri--COBB apv3 & springs--CPE catted dp & safe seals--TS dual bov--AT hpfp internals--CFM rmm--JBR pmm, tmm, ssb, ebcs, TIGs, full egr delete, rsb & fmic piping/tr6--DM occ--CS cbe & ssp--SPC camber arms--Bosch 3Bar map--RA mudflaps

-v8 swap in progress-
1994 Miata

-Sold-

-Sold-
The Following User Says Thank You to Castillo817 For This Useful Post:
Awal (07-03-2015)
 Old 07-03-2015, 11:20 AM   #8094

AnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I checked the spoiler today. The two nuts on the end were not too bad. The ones in the middle were half way down the bolts. No more rattle when I close the trunk.
Awal (07-03-2015)
 Old 07-03-2015, 11:54 AM   #8095
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,918 Times in 2,734 Posts
Groans: 1,869
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

Changed yet another fog lamp bulb...ugh.

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-03-2015, 12:54 PM   #8096

JakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Windows tinted 15%
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.44 MB, 21 views)
Awal and Blown_Dan like this.

Cobb AP V3, CBE
CS Turbo tuned by PD
Corksport Catted DP/HPFP Internals
JBR FMIC Pipe Kit w/TR8
CP-E TIP/3.5" Intake
DM OCC/TMM
Forge V2 BPV
Bilstein B8 w/Swift springs
Wilwood 6 pot BBK
EBC RedStuff rear pads
Konig Hypergram 18x8.5"
JakeMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JakeMS3 For This Useful Post:
Awal (07-03-2015)
 Old 07-03-2015, 03:51 PM   #8097

klam5000 is a splendid one to beholdklam5000 is a splendid one to beholdklam5000 is a splendid one to beholdklam5000 is a splendid one to beholdklam5000 is a splendid one to beholdklam5000 is a splendid one to beholdklam5000 is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Oil changed and CP-e RMM installed. More vibes than I anticipated but wow what a difference.
klam5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to klam5000 For This Useful Post:
Awal (07-03-2015)
 Old 07-03-2015, 04:15 PM   #8098
Tachyonic Moderator

MS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,693 Times in 1,891 Posts
Groans: 283
Groaned at 20 Times in 16 Posts

Originally Posted by klam5000 View Post
Oil changed and CP-e RMM installed. More vibes than I anticipated but wow what a difference.
I have the Stage 2. And it does calm down around 1k miles.

Sent from my HTC M9
BNR S4, XSPower v3 Exhaust Manifold w/ Tial 44mm EWG Cobb accessport V3, Dizzy Tune in progress CP-e stage2 rmm, tmic, hpfp JBR boost tubes, Tru-3.5in Intake inside a Corksport Cold Air Box, Catless Downpipe & Racepipe, bypass hose, hood scoop, BPV, hood struts, stubby antenna, Aluminum Skid Plate, EBCS, 3.5BAR MAP Sensor, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust DM Full EGR Delete, Passenger Motor Mount, Transmission Motor Mount., Coolant Bypass, VTCS Delete, NGK ILTR6A-7G ,G-LOC R6 Brake pads and Centric High Carbon brake rotors Looks: 25% tint front, 5% back, Heat-blocking front windshield film Escort Passport Max360, RGBW Halos/Demon Eyes 20'' LED Light bar

Use my Updated Custom Google Search to search this forum since the advanced search here is broken
MS3Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MS3Shadow For This Useful Post:
Awal (07-03-2015), klam5000 (07-03-2015)
 Old 07-03-2015, 04:44 PM   #8099

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MS3Shadow View Post
I have the Stage 2. And it does calm down around 1k miles.

Sent from my HTC M9

Ill tell you one item in my car that hates the stage 2, is the dashcam. My dashcam is mounted on the rearview mirror. Vibrates like a MOFO. Playback is often useless, looks like your mirrors do when your subs are pounding. Almost 6 months never got any better.
Awal (07-03-2015)
 Old 07-03-2015, 04:58 PM   #8100

Revolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

Washed, Clay Bar, Polished and Waxed my Black Mica... Detailed the interior as well. Fiddled with the new AP v3.
Revolv0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Revolv0 For This Useful Post:
Awal (07-03-2015)
 Old 07-03-2015, 05:27 PM   #8101

Not Ranked  0 score     

I finally tried Iron-x.
Ill never claybar again. Basically spray on, wipe, rinse off, smooth like glass.
Definitely on the short list of things that dont suck.
Finish was factory fresh again with minimal effort.
Awal (07-03-2015)
 Old 07-03-2015, 05:32 PM   #8102

Revolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

I finally tried Iron-x.
Ill never claybar again. Basically spray on, wipe, rinse off, smooth like glass.
Definitely on the short list of things that dont suck.
Finish was factory fresh again with minimal effort.
The idea of the clay bar is to extract paint contaminants, i.e. Dirt, stones, imperfections in paints. How does iron x do that? Thanks.
 Old 07-03-2015, 06:29 PM   #8103

Not Ranked  0 score     

The stuff is godlike.
Opens the paint pores and actually dissolves any metal particles stuck to the paint instantly. No need to shear them off with clay.
Metal particles turn purple and run down the paint.
When you're done the paint is like glass.
You can still clay over that if you like but I see no need at all.
Try a small bottle. You will be floored.
B4RK3R (07-06-2015)
 Old 07-04-2015, 02:42 PM   #8104

Chriss has a reputation beyond reputeChriss has a reputation beyond reputeChriss has a reputation beyond reputeChriss has a reputation beyond reputeChriss has a reputation beyond reputeChriss has a reputation beyond reputeChriss has a reputation beyond reputeChriss has a reputation beyond reputeChriss has a reputation beyond reputeChriss has a reputation beyond reputeChriss has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

3 bar Map sensor done !
waiting for CS turbo install
Chriss is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-04-2015, 03:14 PM   #8105

AwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed JBR solid shifter bushings, what a pain that was kept dropping them under the carpet lol! Oh well finally in and feels much better definitely a recommend upgrade shifts feels smoother and solid, feel like less chance of missing a gear. Also while I had the center console apart o cleaned all the spilled coffee off everything

sent via tapafail!
JBR likes this.
AwAfrican is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AwAfrican For This Useful Post:
Awal (07-04-2015), JBR (07-04-2015)
 Old 07-04-2015, 04:22 PM   #8106

Not Ranked  0 score     

no time to clean all the slop in the center console/cup holders like while yer mucking about the shift cage. did the same thing when I did mine, stuffed a couple rags on either side to prevent loosing anything to the carpet monster.
AwAfrican likes this.

2013 LSM W/ Tech
AUTOTECHHPFP INTERNALS

ToBeInstalled:
Cooling MistWMI kit

On Deck
BilsteinB16s
 Old 07-06-2015, 06:05 PM   #8107

voodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Not Ranked  0 score     

Removed the shift weight this weekend, and got a chance to try it out today on my commute. I think it feels a lot better now, and I got a threaded paper weight out of the deal.
Self Tuned BNR S4/SP63 4032 88mm pistons/Manley Rods/Power XS Manifold/JBR BSD with Baffle Plate/Cobb APv3/Cobb XLE BPV/CMGS Stg2 w/DO14/CPE TMIC/Autotech HPFP internals/JBR Tru-3 Intake/JBR Boost tubes/JBR EGR delete/Custom
1liter OCC/CPE xflex RMM/CPE Injector Seals/Eibach Pro Springs/Ebay Downpipe/Custom 3" TBE with Vibrant Resonator/Magnaflow Muffler/TB Coolant Bypass/Bosch 3 bar map/ACT 6 puck/GS EBCS 3port interrupt/SP63 VC breather
Plugs-NGK LTR7IX-11(6510)
Oil-RP 10/30
Tires-235 40 18 Federal 595 rsrr
Brakes-EBC Yellow pads with ATE 200 fluid

Check out my wheelwell page here. If your a member hit me up.
https://www.wheelwell.com/profile/558b073762d1852928f23712/garage/
voodoo2crue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to voodoo2crue For This Useful Post:
AwAfrican (07-06-2015), Awal (07-06-2015), speedfreak44 (07-06-2015)
 Old 07-06-2015, 07:24 PM   #8108

speedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Finished my 93 self tune today...I think...is that shit ever really done? 288/338 final numbers.

Got my stoptech brakes in the mail. They will be going on later this week. I suck and forgot to order the rear pads. Fail on my end.
The Following User Says Thank You to speedfreak44 For This Useful Post:
Awal (07-06-2015)
 Old 07-06-2015, 08:06 PM   #8109

Not Ranked  0 score     

Finished my 93 tune today and started my ethanol tune
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150706_162342-1.jpg (3.62 MB, 27 views)

-v8 swap in progress-
1994 Miata

-Sold-

-Sold-
The Following User Says Thank You to Castillo817 For This Useful Post:
Awal (07-06-2015)
 Old 07-06-2015, 08:33 PM   #8110

B4RK3R has a reputation beyond reputeB4RK3R has a reputation beyond reputeB4RK3R has a reputation beyond reputeB4RK3R has a reputation beyond reputeB4RK3R has a reputation beyond reputeB4RK3R has a reputation beyond reputeB4RK3R has a reputation beyond reputeB4RK3R has a reputation beyond reputeB4RK3R has a reputation beyond reputeB4RK3R has a reputation beyond reputeB4RK3R has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

The stuff is godlike.
Opens the paint pores and actually dissolves any metal particles stuck to the paint instantly. No need to shear them off with clay.
Metal particles turn purple and run down the paint.
When you're done the paint is like glass.
You can still clay over that if you like but I see no need at all.
Try a small bottle. You will be floored.

So it works like wheel cleaner but for paint? My only issue is that there is more in the paint than just metal contaminants. I'll still have to try this!

Originally Posted by AnimalMother View Post
I checked the spoiler today. The two nuts on the end were not too bad. The ones in the middle were half way down the bolts. No more rattle when I close the trunk.

Ive tightened all 4 of my bolts and the damn thing still rattles when I close the trunk. I feel as if I tighten them anymore, they will strip. Oh well.
2013 CWP W/Tech Package: Cobb Tuning Accessport //Cobb Tuning SF Intake //Cobb Tuning Turbo Inlet Pipe //Corksport TMIC //M2 Test pipe //Autotech HPFP Internals //JBRacing 1.25'' Rear Sway Bar //JBRacing 88A RMM //JBRacing Short Shifter Plate //Swift Spec R springs// Bilstein B8's //Resonator delete //35% window tint// Rally Armor Mudflaps// Go Fast Bits BOV// NGK Step Colder Plugs

Last edited by B4RK3R; 07-06-2015 at 08:33 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
B4RK3R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to B4RK3R For This Useful Post:
Awal (07-06-2015)
 Old 07-11-2015, 05:48 AM   #8111

Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed stoptech slotted rotors front and rear and stoptech ceramic pads all around. No real change in feel over stock stuff but looks good
Awal (07-12-2015)
 Old 07-11-2015, 06:36 AM   #8112

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by speedfreak44 View Post
Installed stoptech slotted rotors front and rear and stoptech ceramic pads all around. No real change in feel over stock stuff but looks good
The upgrade difference will come in play when you do repeated high speed stops. Just be careful when it's cold and the pads aren't warmed up. Brake performance may actually decrease until they are warm, in cold weather. Do a few 0-100-0 tests and let me know how they are .
 Old 07-11-2015, 06:42 AM   #8113

Not Ranked  0 score     

I am familiar with these setups as I have used similar ones on other vehicles. I did a few 110 to about 15-20mph slow downs (i dont like coming to a complete stop when breaking hard because it causes hot spots) and they feel marginally better than oem in the fade department but I wouldn't say it is like night and day different. Then again it has been a long while since my oem were new lol

UPDATE 7-13-15:
Did a single hard brake from 120-10 where I typically mess around with my car and there was absolutely no fade. Brakes felt the same from the moment I stomped on them to when I released them. Again it has been a long time since my oems were healthy and new but if your memory is better than mine maybe you can get an idea here of the performance the stoptechs give.

Last edited by speedfreak44; 07-13-2015 at 08:27 AM.
Awal (07-12-2015)
 Old 07-11-2015, 09:41 AM   #8114

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 74
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Finally broke down and made a rice purchase. It was a great deal so I bought/put in my Forge v2 BPV. Its like the stocker but louder. I justify it in my head with the fact that some OEM valve's leak at 20 psi but mine didn't.

I just had the mod bug.

My cc hates me lol.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 5doorsoffury For This Useful Post:
Awal (07-12-2015)
 Old 07-11-2015, 08:40 PM   #8115

Anu2slow has a brilliant futureAnu2slow has a brilliant futureAnu2slow has a brilliant futureAnu2slow has a brilliant futureAnu2slow has a brilliant futureAnu2slow has a brilliant futureAnu2slow has a brilliant futureAnu2slow has a brilliant futureAnu2slow has a brilliant futureAnu2slow has a brilliant futureAnu2slow has a brilliant future
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

20% tint, wash and wax. Took some pics in old new castle and that damn road was miserable, had to stay under 5mph or shake to death, even the RX7 did better on it. When I got home I removed the Mazdaspeed 3 badging from trunk. Tomorrow I'm gonna attempt to remove the M and make it evil.
Oh, I raced a race prep nova today, pulled up to a light behind cop he pulls up next to cop we cruise along cop turns off lanes merge in a short period so 40mph roll. Kept up for a long while then he took lead and I merged behind to a thumbs up from the driver. Was seriously fun. It was first time I hit wot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.13 MB, 38 views)
Anu2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-12-2015, 01:41 PM   #8116

Yatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,278 Times in 645 Posts
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

started the rear 2 piece rotor installed, got close; but either I am a moron or the brackets don’t allow enough clearance for the stock caliper carriers.... consolation prize, I have SS lines on the rears now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7967.JPG (1.65 MB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7968.JPG (1.38 MB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7969.JPG (1.54 MB, 37 views)
texasboy21 likes this.
mods: \\// AT HPFP // AccessPort // CS S2 TIP, SRI and TMIC // CPe S2 RMM // Synapse BPV // Mazda gutted secondary cat // S-OTS+ 91S2 // HKS TP DLi II // Wilwood DP6 13” brakes // TCE 2 piece rear rotors // Maxwell SuperCap/LiFePO4 cell \\//

waiting for install: \\// CPE Catted DP // CS Battery Box // Devils Own Meth kit // H&R Coilovers \\//
Yatta is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-12-2015, 02:12 PM   #8117

Not Ranked  0 score     

Are the rotors you used wider than oem? Did you make sure you turned the piston clockwise while depressing it to relieve pressure? Did you put the outer retaining clip on before attempting to slide the pads over the rotor (it has to go on last)? Just checking
 Old 07-13-2015, 04:48 PM   #8118

AwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Not Ranked  0 score     

Oil change 44140km just over 6k km fron last one usuing penzoil platinum and Napa gold filter

sent via tapafail!
AwAfrican is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-13-2015, 05:02 PM   #8119

duffman04 has much to be proud ofduffman04 has much to be proud ofduffman04 has much to be proud ofduffman04 has much to be proud ofduffman04 has much to be proud ofduffman04 has much to be proud ofduffman04 has much to be proud ofduffman04 has much to be proud ofduffman04 has much to be proud ofduffman04 has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did a throttle body coolant bypass and ordered some Konig Oversteer 18x8 +35 wheels and some 235/40/18 tires. Should be here by the end of the week!
1981 Corvette: Slowly became a restomod.
duffman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-14-2015, 01:46 AM   #8120

nekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed JBR's rear sway bar, billet brackets and moog end links... WOW!!!! feels a whole lot less like a minivan's rear end.
JBR likes this.
CorkSport 3.5" MAF & TIP | CP-E FMIC | Synapse BPV | CorkSport EBCS (Interrupt) | Bosch 3 bar MAP | CorkSport HPFP Internals | CP-E Catted Downpipe | CP-E Triton 3" CBE | JBR Stage 2 OCC | Kozmic Primary EGR Delete | JBR Secondary EGR delete | NGK 6510 | TB coolant Bypass | JBR IM & TB Gaskets | Damond RMM, PMM, & TMM | JBR light shift weight | TWM Full Replacement Shifter | Cobb AccessPort V3 | FreekTune

Chassis
JBR Front & Rear Sway Bars | JBR Billet Rear Sway Bar Brackets | Whiteline Adjustable Front&Rear sway bar links | JBR Coilovers | Corksport BBK | Corksport Lower Tie Bar | Corksport Mid Chasis Brace

Rice
LED bumper reflectors | Morimoto LED Fog lights | VLEDs LED Highbeams | Independent Fogs | AP Engine & HPFP cover | CorkSport Pulleys | Corksport Leather Shift Knob | Corksport Steering Wheel | Damond front plate mount | Lukas LK-9750 2ch dashcam | Eonon GA7163 | thespeedline.com blue mirrors | thespeedline.com hood dampers

nekret is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nekret For This Useful Post:
AwAfrican (07-16-2015), Awal (07-14-2015), JBR (07-14-2015)