register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1966Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-05-2016, 08:35 PM   #9601

knocturnal has disabled reputation
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Cmfk View Post
Yeah I got the jmf plate for the injection.
What is the pcv plate for? And I was looking the JBR piping but I saw a video of it flexing under boost so I opted for an aluminum piping

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
yes i saw that and i emailed them changing my order to the cx racing piping from RPM. I also got the black powder coat option too. The pcv plate just has more fitting so that i can attach two oil catch cans.

Mods:
BNR S4 V2 // XS Power Manifold V3 // JBR Tru-3.0" Aluminum Intake // Devils Own WMI D10 NOZZLE// JBR DISI Bypass Valve Hose // JBR 70duro RMM // JBR SSB // JBR SSP // JBR Coolant Bypass Kit // DM EGR Full Delete Kit // DM TMM // DM PMM // COBB AP V2 // CNT Racing Catless Downpipe // CP-E TMIC // CP-E Injector Seals // SP63 Valve Cover Breather // Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust //One Step Colder NGK Plugs // Bosch 3bar Map sensor // Grimmspeed EBCS // MD OCC // MD PCV Plate // Stop Tech Braided Lines // Autotech Internals // Forge BPV V1 // Corksport V2 RSB // Eibach PRO-kit

Stratified Tuned Stage 2 OTS+
273whp/330wtq

SnailD Tuned on Meth
316whp/359wtq

Purple Drank Tuned BNR S4 V2 and 100%Meth
412whp/373wtq

knocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-05-2016, 08:58 PM   #9602

Cmfk will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Oh ok that's cool

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Cmfk is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-06-2016, 10:59 PM   #9603

TorchMS3 is a jewel in the roughTorchMS3 is a jewel in the roughTorchMS3 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BankShot View Post
So jus askin, did the MAF do anything driveability wise. DId you notice anything?
Damn did I have a long ass weekend.

Here's where I stood before the issues came up... I installed the JBR 3.5-in aluminum intake (true 3.5-in aluminum from the turbo coupler to the filter with the MAF connection TIG welded in-line), and added the new MAF table variables to the tune. Then I installed the CS turbo with it and had the ECU velcroed to the top of the stock battery box. And finally, I installed the CS battery box to house the ECU. All ran well up until about a good 3 weeks after.

Jump to when I bought the MAF...

The old MAF O-ring fit snug into the JBR 3.5-in SRI, but got chewed up by whatever stupid fucking grainy powder coating they put on the setup. The aftermarket replacement had an even larger O-ring. It sealed, but wasn't completely seated. I think it might have helped, but likely a placebo effect.

Jump to this weekend...

FUCK THIS! Time for a boost leak test! I tried two different methods... First, I did the propane test along all of the vacuum lines, injector ports and FMIC tubing while the car was running. No red flags. Second, I plugged the FMIC tubing connected to the throttle body, build one of those DIY pressure injection rigs to connect to the turbo outlet piping, saturated all connections with soapy spray, and pressurized it. Nothing. No leaks.

So another FUCK THIS moment where I decided to pull the battery box and JBR SRI. The battery box was shoe-horned in there, and pressed against the SRI because of ECU wires as well as hot and ground wires being such a bitch to route into it.

For the JBR SRI, I cut off the tiny mounting bracket (mounted to the SRI bolt wouldn't allow for the battery box, tucked behind the bolt and it came loose from the turbo coupler). I then sanded down the shitty gritty powder coating on the valley for the MAF so that the MAF would sit properly. Finally, I torqued the ever living hell of the turbo coupler down to the end of the JBR SRI (the true flow doesn't have a flared end like it does on the filter side, what the fuck were they thinking?)

For the CS Battery Box, I used my Dremel to open up each of the wire ports so that they not only made it easier to route wiring, but also so that it doesn't push on JBR SRI. It's now an easy removal and install that doesn't put pressure on the SRI.

Overall, the car is running strong with no issues as seen before. Power seems to be back, but I've only driven it 20 miles.

-----
TL;DR
Pulled my hair out over CELs . Bought replacement parts. Parts not likely the issue. Modifications via Dremel done that likely solved the issue.

MODS: CS RMM, CS SS Plate, CS HPFP internals, CS Lowering Springs, JBR 3.5 SRI, CX Racing FMIX tubing w/ TR1035 core, custom crashbar, Snow Stage 2 Meth, Guardian Angel OB Controller, CS Battery Box, Catless DP, Grimmspeed BCS, Forge V1 BPV, CX Racing CB Exhaust, AP V2 w/ Freektune @22psi.
TorchMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-07-2016, 03:14 AM   #9604

Phillip123 will become famous soon enoughPhillip123 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

I treated her some new floor mats.
Phillip123 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-07-2016, 08:05 AM   #9605

Dennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed my tr8 core, cx racing core didn't do a good job for the bnr s3.
Dennisms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-07-2016, 09:58 AM   #9606

PurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dennisms3 View Post
Installed my tr8 core, cx racing core didn't do a good job for the bnr s3.
Just did the same last week. About to build some deflectors to help channel the air. Some one else on here did it and it seemed to help with the coolant temps.
CNT Catback
JBR 88 RMM DM PMM and TMM
3 port, Turbosmart dual port
FReaktune E33
PurplFox is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-07-2016, 10:14 AM   #9607

Dennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant futureDennisms3 has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by PurplFox View Post
Just did the same last week. About to build some deflectors to help channel the air. Some one else on here did it and it seemed to help with the coolant temps.

I already put around 30-40 miles the car since the tr8 core. So far its great, got it to work with my cx racing piping kit. I saw in the forums people were mounting it kinda at an angle because it wouldn't clear. So what ended up doing was trimming my crash bar, there is like a bent triangular piece of metal welded onto the bottom of the crash bar. It was held on with a couple welds. I got rid of that piece. This allowed me to mount the intercooler almost completely straight. I then customized the old brackets to bolt the intercooler up. Also I modified the power steering line just a little bit. Everything cleared awesome. Coolant temps are normal, and bats are way cooler than ever, not to mention this intercooler flows so well! Couldn't be any happier.
 Old 04-07-2016, 10:24 AM   #9608

PurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I guess i was lucky. I just pulled the core and swapped it. Made my own brackets from 4" home-depot angle pieces. Fits straight up.
CNT Catback
FReaktune E33
 Old 04-07-2016, 10:36 AM   #9609

Not Ranked  0 score     

I guess i was lucky. I just pulled the core and swapped it. Made my own brackets from 4" home-depot angle pieces. Fits straight up.

It bolted straight or at an angle?
 Old 04-07-2016, 10:39 AM   #9610

Not Ranked  0 score     

The brackets are at an angle and the core is Parallel to the a/c condenser .
CNT Catback
FReaktune E33
 Old 04-07-2016, 10:41 AM   #9611

Not Ranked  0 score     

The brackets are at an angle and the core is Parallel to the a/c condenser .

Oh, nice!
 Old 04-07-2016, 10:42 AM   #9612

Not Ranked  0 score     

On the GenWin it should fit. Ill try and snag a couple of piktars.
CNT Catback
FReaktune E33
 Old 04-07-2016, 10:46 AM   #9613

Not Ranked  0 score     

On the GenWin it should fit. Ill try and snag a couple of piktars.

I do have a gen one, but couldn't get it to fit parallel to the radiator and from touching the power steering lines. Thats why i decided to trim the crash bar. But pix would be great, just curious to see how other people mounted theirs.
 Old 04-07-2016, 10:50 AM   #9614

Not Ranked  0 score     

Did you move the power steering cooler. Once it was moved i had plenty of clearance.
CNT Catback
FReaktune E33
 Old 04-07-2016, 10:53 AM   #9615

Not Ranked  0 score     

Did you move the power steering cooler. Once it was moved i had plenty of clearance.

I did not. Im sure that if I did move the power steering line I would have had plenty of room. That is why I ended up doing it the way I did.
 Old 04-07-2016, 10:57 AM   #9616

Not Ranked  0 score     

I moved the hose side up 2 bolt holes and temporarily using a zip-tye to hold up the other end. will be using a piece of flat stock the make a perm. mount.
Cmfk likes this.
CNT Catback
FReaktune E33
 Old 04-07-2016, 05:15 PM   #9617

Unstable is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got my diffuser on and looking good ;D
Dennisms3, liljae8 and Cmfk like this.
Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2016, 04:44 AM   #9618

silentdoer will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 4 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had my tires balanced.
silentdoer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2016, 12:24 AM   #9619

StevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant future
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

New wheels and tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StevenPThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2016, 01:01 PM   #9620

Jushewa has a spectacular aura aboutJushewa has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

had just about enough of the winter weather and couldn't wait any longer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12970133_10209541630724476_1909136089_o.jpg (739.8 KB, 46 views)
Jushewa is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2016, 05:47 PM   #9621

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Went to Lowes and picked up 4 X 40 lbs bags of dirt. Man I'm glad I've pulled at least that much weight off my car. Forget how much less weight helps until I do something like that or have passengers :-)
 Old 04-09-2016, 07:07 PM   #9622

Oshiguru is just really niceOshiguru is just really niceOshiguru is just really niceOshiguru is just really niceOshiguru is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

Picked up my Cobb AP and flashed a COBB OTS Stage 1+SF tune. It might be a placebo effect but the car requires more throttle effort now, also no noticeable gains or losses in power
Oshiguru is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2016, 07:14 PM   #9623
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,822 Times in 2,663 Posts
Groans: 1,795
Groaned at 44 Times in 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Oshiguru View Post
Picked up my Cobb AP and flashed a COBB OTS Stage 1+SF tune. It might be a placebo effect but the car requires more throttle effort now, also no noticeable gains or losses in power
OTS maps are garbage. Get in touch with Freektune, Stratified Auto, or one of the other e-tuners and get an OTS+ tune instead. It'll wake the car up nicely.
PapaBruno likes this.

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vansquish For This Useful Post:
MS3Shadow (04-09-2016)
 Old 04-09-2016, 08:35 PM   #9624

ToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jushewa View Post
had just about enough of the winter weather and couldn't wait any longer
Almost did the same thing a week ago, but one of my summer tires has a nail in it. Today I woke up to 6" of fresh snow.
Rice: RallyArmor, Morimoto XB LED Fogs, VLeds Triton Reverse Lights, Redline boots and armrest cover, Maisonvi shift knob.
Audio: Pioneer AVIC-7100NEX
ToyCop is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2016, 09:09 PM   #9625
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,822 Times in 2,663 Posts
Groans: 1,795
Groaned at 44 Times in 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ToyCop View Post
Almost did the same thing a week ago, but one of my summer tires has a nail in it. Today I woke up to 6" of fresh snow.
DORIFTO!

Sadly, you got a lot more there than we did here in A2.

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-10-2016, 10:35 AM   #9626

csmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Spent about 4 hours destroying my hands on sharp plastic and metal, but I finally installed my Glowshift Boost Gauge + Block8Head vent pod. 4 Hours because I had to run to the store for extra fuses, the add-a-circuit, and extra wire.

FWIW, you drill a hole in the defroster vent near the bottom left with the biggest drill bit I could find, used that hole to route all of the wires + hose. 1 wire (switched) went to the back of the cigarette lighter, the other wire went to the fuse that said (outlet) with an add a circuit fuse thingy. Ground is tucked away under the trim where I found more ground wires on a bolt to the chassis.

Looks sexy, seems to work pretty well, hope I never have to take anything out again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3Mr2Miy - Imgur.jpg (607.1 KB, 52 views)

FREEKTUNED
ETS TMIC
Autotech HPFP Internals
CS Stage II SRI + TIP
Tial QR
UR Catback
UR Catless Test Pipe
Damond RMM
Damond SSP
csmaan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-10-2016, 04:37 PM   #9627

texasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 16 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Oshiguru View Post
The Cobbs maps use "boost logic" that requests boost pressure vs the stock tune that uses load based tuning. You have to get into the gas more to get into the boost. Its basically like driving a car with a manual boost controller. Like its always posted, the Cobb maps are not very good.

2003 A4 1.8TQ
APR stg2+, MTM 420cc injectors, EuroCode FMIC, PSi testpipe, Techtonics Tuning downpipe, Forge TIP, Hyperboost DV, 240mm clutch, LWFW flywheel, B5S4 calipers, Goodridge SS lines, Stern snub, motor and transmission mounts, Powerflex rear diff bushing, 034MotorSports rear diff. carrier bushing inserts, JHM SS shifter, solid linkage, stabilizer bushing and weighted knob, Vogtland Jr. Cup Kit, B7 RS4 front and rear sway bars.
texasboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-10-2016, 04:45 PM   #9628

Oshiguru is just really niceOshiguru is just really niceOshiguru is just really niceOshiguru is just really niceOshiguru is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
OTS maps are garbage. Get in touch with Freektune, Stratified Auto, or one of the other e-tuners and get an OTS+ tune instead. It'll wake the car up nicely.
Agreed. The OTS map is garbage, went back to stock and the car feels better. I'm contemplating getting the JBR tru 3" before I message Alex for a flash tune. I've had no issues with my K&N but it is one of the less desired (if not avoided) intakes.

Originally Posted by texasboy21 View Post
The Cobbs maps use "boost logic" that requests boost pressure vs the stock tune that uses load based tuning. You have to get into the gas more to get into the boost. Its basically like driving a car with a manual boost controller. Like its always posted, the Cobb maps are not very good.
Makes more sense now, thanks.
Oshiguru is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-10-2016, 05:50 PM   #9629

6kipps is a glorious beacon of light6kipps is a glorious beacon of light6kipps is a glorious beacon of light6kipps is a glorious beacon of light6kipps is a glorious beacon of light6kipps is a glorious beacon of light
Not Ranked  0 score     

I installed CS Max Flow internals and started working on a new self-tune. Should be an adventure over the next couple of weeks!

The install was not nearly as hard as I anticipated - went a whole lot quicker and smoother than the OCC I installed about two weeks ago.
6kipps is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-10-2016, 10:21 PM   #9630

blackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 15 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Changed my v.c and my oil. Just to find damage to one of my cam lobes and metal in my
Oil!!! Yay me
COBB ACCESSPORT//TURBOXS CATLESS DP+RACEPIPE//3 BAR MAP//3.5" HTP INTAKE//NGK 1 STEP COLDER PLUGS//HKS CATBACK//AUTOTECH INTERNALS//COBB FMIC V2.0//HKS BOV BLACK EDITION IN VTA//RPF1 17x9//pilot super sport 245/45/17//ACT 6 PUCK//M.D OCC VTA//TOKAY SEALS//BNR S4//Hypnotic tuned
blackms3_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-11-2016, 06:06 AM   #9631

blue speed has disabled reputation
Groans: 3
Groaned at 4 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Cleaned my BPV and changed the oil.
Cobb shifter weight, CBE, RSB, knob Corksport BPV, boost tubes, SRI, TIP ,Ex hangers,80 Duro RMM & TMM insert CP-E TMIC, UR test pipe & catted DP, Hypertech, Autotechs. JBR Coolant bypass, intake gasket, air filter & BP hose.Konig wheels. Sure, FSB bushings.
blue speed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-11-2016, 07:29 PM   #9632

666barry has much to be proud of666barry has much to be proud of666barry has much to be proud of666barry has much to be proud of666barry has much to be proud of666barry has much to be proud of666barry has much to be proud of666barry has much to be proud of666barry has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Washed my car.
Gathering the parts to do some fixes. Pcv, springs, license plate lights things, check my HIDs, change fog bulbs, boost leak test, reflector to LED swap, paint my wheels, get an alignment, get my wheels repaired, rotors turned, egr delete, banjo bolt replacement, thermostat replacement. Fuck lol

nekret likes this.
666barry is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-12-2016, 05:33 AM   #9633

Jonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 24 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Corksport Rmm, 3" intake TIP, HPFP, itv22 spark plugs. That nipple on the EBCS though... smh

CS TIP/SRI CS RMM CS Sexy Steering Wheel CS Springs & Struts CS Shirt Throw Shifter CS Shifter Bushings CS TBE CS Boost Tubes CP-e TMIC HKS BOV in resirc DM Vented OCC DM TMM DM PMM DM SSP Autotech Internals Custom E33 Freaktune
Jonb82 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-12-2016, 10:41 AM   #9634

texasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 16 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jonb82 View Post
That nipple on the EBCS though... smh
I dont understand why this part is so often broken, and gives people so much grief. Instead of yanking on the line, use a razor blade or exacto knife and make a slit vertically from the bottom of the line (where it meets the solenoid) to the top of the nipple. You can then easily pull it off without damaging anything.

My HTP instructions stated this method and it was a breeze.
Jonb82 likes this.

2003 A4 1.8TQ
APR stg2+, MTM 420cc injectors, EuroCode FMIC, PSi testpipe, Techtonics Tuning downpipe, Forge TIP, Hyperboost DV, 240mm clutch, LWFW flywheel, B5S4 calipers, Goodridge SS lines, Stern snub, motor and transmission mounts, Powerflex rear diff bushing, 034MotorSports rear diff. carrier bushing inserts, JHM SS shifter, solid linkage, stabilizer bushing and weighted knob, Vogtland Jr. Cup Kit, B7 RS4 front and rear sway bars.
texasboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-12-2016, 08:06 PM   #9635

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 72
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sand blasted my TC in preparation for paint. Also discovered how much it sucks to sand blast with out a cabinet, quality blaster or proper media... I am still amazed where the sand got.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2016, 09:24 AM   #9636

lasserudn is a glorious beacon of lightlasserudn is a glorious beacon of lightlasserudn is a glorious beacon of lightlasserudn is a glorious beacon of lightlasserudn is a glorious beacon of light
Not Ranked  0 score     

So much has been done! So here are some pics from driving to a buddies place!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160411_193147.jpg (4.39 MB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 20160411_082917.jpg (6.20 MB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 20160410_095626.jpg (4.74 MB, 48 views)

2006 Speed6 tigray dropped tinted and salvaged #wintercar
lasserudn is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2016, 04:25 PM   #9637

Arkangel77 has much to be proud ofArkangel77 has much to be proud ofArkangel77 has much to be proud ofArkangel77 has much to be proud ofArkangel77 has much to be proud ofArkangel77 has much to be proud ofArkangel77 has much to be proud ofArkangel77 has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MS3Shadow View Post
I get around 25MPG and more if I cruise more often.

sent from my Nexus 6P
Well - I did install the Stage Zero tune. SO far I haven't gotten any better MPG - but Not 100% convinced yet - still working on it.

Few Days ago I installed the spin on Oil filter adapter and in the process I checked the VVT - Seemed like it had slack in it.

More digging will be required....... I stopped by the shop today and they told me to just wait till the check engine light came on - seems fishy to me. Like I said more digging and reading will be required
 Old 04-13-2016, 04:41 PM   #9638

csmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Arkangel77 View Post
Well - I did install the Stage Zero tune. SO far I haven't gotten any better MPG - but Not 100% convinced yet - still working on it.

Few Days ago I installed the spin on Oil filter adapter and in the process I checked the VVT - Seemed like it had slack in it.

More digging will be required....... I stopped by the shop today and they told me to just wait till the check engine light came on - seems fishy to me. Like I said more digging and reading will be required
Did you drive it till it's warmed up and immediately check it as fast as possible. Also please find another shop lol, doesn't seem right to wait for potential damage to occur and THEN go to them.

FREEKTUNED
ETS TMIC
Autotech HPFP Internals
CS Stage II SRI + TIP
Tial QR
UR Catback
UR Catless Test Pipe
Damond RMM
Damond SSP
csmaan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2016, 04:43 PM   #9639

tmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the world
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by lasserudn View Post
So much has been done! So here are some pics from driving to a buddies place!
Any more pictures of your front bumper, looks interesting

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
 Old 04-13-2016, 04:47 PM   #9640

Arkangel77 has much to be proud ofArkangel77 has much to be proud ofArkangel77 has much to be proud ofArkangel77 has much to be proud ofArkangel77 has much to be proud ofArkangel77 has much to be proud ofArkangel77 has much to be proud ofArkangel77 has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by csmaan12 View Post
Did you drive it till it's warmed up and immediately check it as fast as possible. Also please find another shop lol, doesn't seem right to wait for potential damage to occur and THEN go to them.
Agreed about the shop - as for the Chain - No car was COLD - had bin in shop for several Hrs
blue speed (04-16-2016)