register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1986Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-06-2016, 08:47 AM   #10001

stoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just got done putting the Rear Fog Light back into the MS3 (Virginia Inspectors don't play with DOT/SAE Approval). Realized that I never put up any pics so here ya go:

I'll probably do a write up and How-To with part numbers, but other than the drill bit hitting and cracking the gauge cluster plastic, it looks pretty factory.

Stock AF
stoickiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stoickiwi For This Useful Post:
mazdaspeedmyk (06-06-2016)
 Old 06-06-2016, 08:54 AM   #10002

PurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by RazoE View Post
These reverse lights ain't no joke!
witch bulb did you get for the back up, holy hell that looks bright. I hate backing up in the early morning. these would light the way.
RazoE likes this.
CNT Catback
JBR 88 RMM DM PMM and TMM
3 port, Turbosmart dual port
FReaktune E33
PurplFox is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-06-2016, 09:40 AM   #10003

RazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by PurplFox View Post
witch bulb did you get for the back up, holy hell that looks bright. I hate backing up in the early morning. these would light the way.
6K WHITE HO 21 LED BACK-UP LIGHT 7440 - 7440 - 7443 - Reverse Back-Up - Shop Bulb Type

They're also available in 5K brightness. They are expensive, but a trillion percent worth it.

-2008 Mazdaspeed3
Corksport Stage II SRI - boost tubes - Dual VTA BPV / CP-E TMIC / HKS 3" CBE / JBR shifter bushings - Reverse gate - Modified Raider air dam for TMIC / COBB cold air box - AP V3 / Autotech HPFP / Damond short shift plate / Optima yellow top / Mazdaspeed lowering springs and camber arms / Black Gen Pu wheels
RazoE is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-06-2016, 11:13 AM   #10004

StevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant future
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im guessing when you do these LED's you need some conversion devices as well? Did you need to add an extra battery or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StevenPThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-06-2016, 01:38 PM   #10005

Bingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the world
Groans: 16
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by PurplFox View Post
same thing here did oranges over the weekend, must be a yankee thing where they salt the hell out of the roads. From what ive read on here i thought it would be a lot harder.
Well to be fair, I think that's the third or fourth time I've pulled the front struts so that probably helps.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-06-2016, 02:38 PM   #10006

PurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Well to be fair, I think that's the third or fourth time I've pulled the front struts so that probably helps.
The ones that i pulled were original 2008 with 90,000 miles. i cant believe the difference. Well i can just funds didn't allow for a while.
CNT Catback
JBR 88 RMM DM PMM and TMM
3 port, Turbosmart dual port
FReaktune E33
PurplFox is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #10007

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,166 Times in 964 Posts
Groans: 438
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here's a picture further away showing the hella's with the grille.

Need to make some minor adjustments to make everything look "perfect".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160606_151456.jpg (4.17 MB, 71 views)
liljae8 likes this.
 Old 06-06-2016, 06:59 PM   #10008

RazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by StevenPThomas View Post
Im guessing when you do these LED's you need some conversion devices as well? Did you need to add an extra battery or anything?

Nope. Plug and play!

Changed my shifter cage bushings. Mine were all different shaped and worn down. It's amazing it shifted at all.

Lock out gate guard as well.

Dat scraping

Better!

Also swapped my license plate holder to one that better fits my employer

I also fixed my very low idle by cleaning my battery posts, and adding electrical jizz to everything.

-2008 Mazdaspeed3
Corksport Stage II SRI - boost tubes - Dual VTA BPV / CP-E TMIC / HKS 3" CBE / JBR shifter bushings - Reverse gate - Modified Raider air dam for TMIC / COBB cold air box - AP V3 / Autotech HPFP / Damond short shift plate / Optima yellow top / Mazdaspeed lowering springs and camber arms / Black Gen Pu wheels
 Old 06-08-2016, 11:32 AM   #10009

mazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Started to have a little clunk in the rear. Turns out the passenger's side shock was coming a little loose at the top. Took it apart and retightened everything. Also, greased up the JBR RSB and Moog endlinks while I was under there.

mazdaspeedmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-08-2016, 04:26 PM   #10010

KiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,541 Times in 943 Posts
Groans: 18
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Claybared and waxed my car

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1465428366.665300.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1465428380.240779.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1465428390.684833.jpg

BNR S3 - JBR Tru 3.0" - CP-E TMIC - Corksport catless DP - Corksport catted race pipe - Forge V2 - Autotech internals + AP v3 - Swift springs - Enkei RPF1 17x9 + 45 (5mm JBR spacers in the front) - Freektune 320/346
KiwiFlavor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KiwiFlavor For This Useful Post:
mazdaspeedmyk (06-10-2016), monkey.bones.007 (06-08-2016)
 Old 06-10-2016, 07:47 PM   #10011

Oshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of light
Not Ranked  0 score     

Had the rear bumper colour matched to the front smiley grill on my 2012. Really happy with how it turned out. Also picked up a set of KW V1s, jbr shifter bushings, and DM PMM+TMM that will go on when I have the time. Got dinged pretty hard bringing in the parts from my USA address up to Canada .
texasboy21 likes this.
Oshiguru is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-11-2016, 11:55 AM   #10012

Gerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Not Ranked  0 score     

Not today, but yesterday I installed Autotech HPFP internals. Much to my delight, all went without issue. Took about 2.5hours, but that was with frequent breaks since it was 93F outside.

To those looking to do this themselves but are apprehensive, like I was, just go for it! Just read/watch the howtos and once you understand what's what, it's fairly straightforward. Take your time and don't force anything.

20160610_172158.jpg
CP-E Stage 2 RMM & TMIC
Cobb Accessport V3
Autotech HPFP Internals
Pilot Super Sport 235/40/18 - Stock Pu
Pilot Alpin PA3 215/50/17 - Sport Edition CE

2016.5 MGM Mazda CX-5 Touring
Gerbilo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-11-2016, 12:06 PM   #10013

Bingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the world
Groans: 16
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Gerbilo View Post
Not today, but yesterday I installed Autotech HPFP internals. Much to my delight, all went without issue. Took about 2.5hours, but that was with frequent breaks since it was 93F outside.

To those looking to do this themselves but are apprehensive, like I was, just go for it! Just read/watch the howtos and once you understand what's what, it's fairly straightforward. Take your time and don't force anything.

Attachment 226189
And for the love of all that is holy do not damage (or in my case soak with brake cleaner) the inner O-ring in the internals! You will spend 2 weeks trying to figure out why your car idles rough, throws rich codes, and drips from the hose on the cold pipe. The job really isn't bad, but you have to be extra cautious with this procedure.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-11-2016, 12:18 PM   #10014

Gerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, I don't think I got any brake cleaner on the o-rings. I did lube everything up with oil real good before reassembly/install.
CP-E Stage 2 RMM & TMIC
Cobb Accessport V3
Autotech HPFP Internals
Pilot Super Sport 235/40/18 - Stock Pu
Pilot Alpin PA3 215/50/17 - Sport Edition CE

2016.5 MGM Mazda CX-5 Touring
Gerbilo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-11-2016, 01:55 PM   #10015

Mazd1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMazd1222 has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 16 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default prepping for the track

Getting the car ready for the track getting that e85 gas today
Mazd1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2016, 06:28 AM   #10016

texasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 16 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Oshiguru View Post

Had the rear bumper colour matched to the front smiley grill on my 2012. Really happy with how it turned out. Also picked up a set of KW V1s, jbr shifter bushings, and DM PMM+TMM that will go on when I have the time. Got dinged pretty hard bringing in the parts from my USA address up to Canada .
That looks great!

2003 A4 1.8TQ
APR stg2+, MTM 420cc injectors, EuroCode FMIC, PSi testpipe, Techtonics Tuning downpipe, Forge TIP, Hyperboost DV, 240mm clutch, LWFW flywheel, B5S4 calipers, Goodridge SS lines, Stern snub, motor and transmission mounts, Powerflex rear diff bushing, 034MotorSports rear diff. carrier bushing inserts, JHM SS shifter, solid linkage, stabilizer bushing and weighted knob, Vogtland Jr. Cup Kit, B7 RS4 front and rear sway bars.
texasboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2016, 07:14 AM   #10017

666barry has much to be proud of666barry has much to be proud of666barry has much to be proud of666barry has much to be proud of666barry has much to be proud of666barry has much to be proud of666barry has much to be proud of666barry has much to be proud of666barry has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Finished up replacing my front suspension. Lower control arms were being a little bitch lol.
The ride is much smoother now

666barry is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2016, 07:51 PM   #10018

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yesterday, actually.

Bought a brand new 2016 Corolla S for my daughter.

-2008 Mazdaspeed3
 Old 06-12-2016, 07:55 PM   #10019

StevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

Irrelevant. ^

Old 06-12-2016, 08:02 PM   #10020

monkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,596 Times in 2,021 Posts
Groans: 98
Groaned at 296 Times in 73 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've never understood why they put an S on it like it'll be fast. There was an old Leno where he read news and did a for sale ad for a Toyota Crapolla. The guy would trade it for a bike.

I got my cs dp and exhaust on this weekend. Had to wire in an extension for the second o2 sensor. Then thought I did that wrong when it popped codes. Checked codes and it looks like my primary o2 failed. Fuggghhhhh. Ordered a new one from RPM and I'll have to put that in sometime soon. At least I don't have to go under the car to get this one fixed.

tapatalk, it sucks
monkey.bones.007 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2016, 08:53 PM   #10021

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by StevenPThomas View Post
Irrelevant. ^

Your face is irrelevant!

Well, fixed the tranny leak from this boot.

Gotta add the Ford tranny fluid to get rid of the 3rd gear grind.

-2008 Mazdaspeed3
 Old 06-13-2016, 01:00 AM   #10022

nekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Changed out my hpfp seal screw o ring thanks to parts from @Thor Hammer; hopefully the oil level will stop rising between changes!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
CorkSport 3.5" MAF & TIP | CP-E FMIC | Synapse BPV | CorkSport EBCS (Interrupt) | Bosch 3 bar MAP | CorkSport HPFP Internals | CP-E Catted Downpipe | CP-E Triton 3" CBE | JBR Stage 2 OCC | Kozmic Primary EGR Delete | JBR Secondary EGR delete | NGK 6510 | TB coolant Bypass | JBR IM & TB Gaskets | Damond RMM, PMM, & TMM | JBR light shift weight | TWM Full Replacement Shifter | Cobb AccessPort V3 | FreekTune

Chassis
JBR Front & Rear Sway Bars | JBR Billet Rear Sway Bar Brackets | Whiteline Adjustable Front&Rear sway bar links | JBR Coilovers | Corksport BBK | Corksport Lower Tie Bar | Corksport Mid Chasis Brace

Rice
LED bumper reflectors | Morimoto LED Fog lights | VLEDs LED Highbeams | Independent Fogs | AP Engine & HPFP cover | CorkSport Pulleys | Corksport Leather Shift Knob | Corksport Steering Wheel | Damond front plate mount | Lukas LK-9750 2ch dashcam | Eonon GA7163 | thespeedline.com blue mirrors | thespeedline.com hood dampers

nekret is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-13-2016, 10:08 AM   #10023

Not Ranked  0 score     

Gotta add the Ford tranny fluid to get rid of the 3rd gear grind.

I'm debating on doing mine as well. Shifter bushings help quite a bit, but I still seem to shift faster than this car can handle.

PurplFox and RazoE like this.
 Old 06-13-2016, 02:58 PM   #10024

Mazd1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMazd1222 has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 16 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default huge issue

Went to the track down loaded race map. My access port was not connected fully
The access port disconnected and the car would not start re installed my current map car started but ran rough got home car starts the shuts off getting a p0204 code could this be an injector issue or ecu wire harness please help
Mazd1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-13-2016, 02:58 PM   #10025

csmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Finally got my Koni yellows on the rear. Super easy install. Going to take it for a good ride later today to get them situated.

Only set them to 1.25 turns, which by Koni's definition a turn is 180* + I did another 90*. Hopefully it helps with the tire rubbing a little, but I doubt it. I did it for the clunking on the rear shocks.

Now have to be stingy with money so I can do the fronts.

FREEKTUNED
ETS TMIC
Autotech HPFP Internals
CS Stage II SRI + TIP
Tial QR
UR Catback
UR Catless Test Pipe
Damond RMM
Damond SSP
csmaan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-14-2016, 07:53 AM   #10026

Tifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by csmaan12 View Post
Finally got my Koni yellows on the rear. Super easy install. Going to take it for a good ride later today to get them situated.

Only set them to 1.25 turns, which by Koni's definition a turn is 180* + I did another 90*. Hopefully it helps with the tire rubbing a little, but I doubt it. I did it for the clunking on the rear shocks.

Now have to be stingy with money so I can do the fronts.
I have mine set on the middle stiffness (2 turns?) which seems to be adequate for me right now. I wish they weren't such a pain in the ass to adjust and were easy like the fronts. You will enjoy having the Koni yellows on all four corners. When I just had the yellows on the rear the front seemed to bounce around like a pogo stick on the Swift springs until i got the front yellows.
AwAfrican likes this.
 Old 06-14-2016, 10:14 AM   #10027

csmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tifosi42 View Post
I have mine set on the middle stiffness (2 turns?) which seems to be adequate for me right now. I wish they weren't such a pain in the ass to adjust and were easy like the fronts. You will enjoy having the Koni yellows on all four corners. When I just had the yellows on the rear the front seemed to bounce around like a pogo stick on the Swift springs until i got the front yellows.
I might try stiffening them up a little more as well. They still feel a little bouncy, but man oh man am I happy the rear clunking is gone. That was my biggest concern. I'll ride them out like this for a week and see how it goes.

Also is it me or are they a tiny bit lower than the stock ones, because it sure seems that way, just less bouncy.
texasboy21 likes this.

FREEKTUNED
ETS TMIC
Autotech HPFP Internals
CS Stage II SRI + TIP
Tial QR
UR Catback
UR Catless Test Pipe
Damond RMM
Damond SSP
 Old 06-15-2016, 09:44 PM   #10028

Oshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of light
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed KW V1s today. All I can say is that this ride compared to the BC racings I had on my 2014 is not even comparable. I always thought KW was overhyped but they're definitely a great company with good products.
blackms3_71 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oshiguru For This Useful Post:
mazdaspeedmyk (06-16-2016)
 Old 06-15-2016, 10:06 PM   #10029

Not Ranked  0 score     

Swapped my Forge V1 BPV for a CS BPV and sold it to a buddy for his MS3.

-2008 Mazdaspeed3
 Old 06-16-2016, 03:37 AM   #10030

ToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Finally cleaned my car. VRM looks good when clean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toycopms3.jpg (1.49 MB, 38 views)
Rice: RallyArmor, Morimoto XB LED Fogs, VLeds Triton Reverse Lights, Redline boots and armrest cover, Maisonvi shift knob.
Audio: Pioneer AVIC-7100NEX
ToyCop is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-16-2016, 08:04 AM   #10031

Finchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just drove past 60,000 miles today. Trouble free miles. My genpu is getting old.

Originally Posted by Oshiguru View Post
Installed KW V1s today. All I can say is that this ride compared to the BC racings I had on my 2014 is not even comparable. I always thought KW was overhyped but they're definitely a great company with good products.
Is the ride more comfortable than stock suspension?

Autotech Fuel Pump Internals
Cobb Accessport V3
Continental ExtremeContact DWS06
CorkSport SRI, TIP
CP-E xFlex Stage 1 65A Rear Motor Mount
Damond Motorsports Short Shift Plate
ETS TMIC
James Barone Racing Thermal Insulating Throttle Body Gasket & Coolant Bypass Kit
Magnaflow CBE
NGK Iridium IX Step Colder Plugs

Dizzy Tune in progress...

Last edited by Finchee; 06-16-2016 at 08:04 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Finchee is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-16-2016, 09:21 AM   #10032

sleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by desync0 View Post
@sleeveless; Technical service bulletin, not tab lol

Might be Canadian only, the daytime running lights cause the inside of the headlights to get hazy, so the headlights have an extended warranty until 160,000km.
yes sorry clicked a instead of s . And about the headlights. All of them get hazy. They were cheaply made doesnt matter about the drls or not.

sold

06 Mazdaspeed 6

LED turns, front switchbacks, 7000 lumen fogs, fancy boost gauge, dipped ms3 wheels
sleeveless is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-16-2016, 10:04 PM   #10033

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Finchee View Post
Just drove past 60,000 miles today. Trouble free miles. My genpu is getting old.

Is the ride more comfortable than stock suspension?
I just ticked past 55000 kms and I think my car is old.

Keep in mind things like nvh and ride quality is all subjective. In my opinion the ride is better than stock. It's just as firm on nice even roads, but nice and stiff on bumps and turns. It feels more comfortable on those bumps as well. Stock felt like the whole car would jar and shake and the kws seem to be pushing down quicker on these bumps and absorbing the shock?

Only complaint is that I set my rears to the highest setting I could (with security ring still on the adjuster) and it only has a 1 finger gap. Im sure I could remove the rings and go higher but I'm afraid I'll go too high and pop the threads out of the adjustment thing (no idea for the proper name of the part )
The Following User Says Thank You to Oshiguru For This Useful Post:
Finchee (06-17-2016)
 Old 06-16-2016, 11:58 PM   #10034

nekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed a corksport mid chassis brace, set my rear sway bar to full stiff and said goodbye to the remaining life in my old Firestone summer tires. Coming soon michelin pss in 245/40/18 on evo x wheels!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
CorkSport 3.5" MAF & TIP | CP-E FMIC | Synapse BPV | CorkSport EBCS (Interrupt) | Bosch 3 bar MAP | CorkSport HPFP Internals | CP-E Catted Downpipe | CP-E Triton 3" CBE | JBR Stage 2 OCC | Kozmic Primary EGR Delete | JBR Secondary EGR delete | NGK 6510 | TB coolant Bypass | JBR IM & TB Gaskets | Damond RMM, PMM, & TMM | JBR light shift weight | TWM Full Replacement Shifter | Cobb AccessPort V3 | FreekTune

Chassis
JBR Front & Rear Sway Bars | JBR Billet Rear Sway Bar Brackets | Whiteline Adjustable Front&Rear sway bar links | JBR Coilovers | Corksport BBK | Corksport Lower Tie Bar | Corksport Mid Chasis Brace

Rice
LED bumper reflectors | Morimoto LED Fog lights | VLEDs LED Highbeams | Independent Fogs | AP Engine & HPFP cover | CorkSport Pulleys | Corksport Leather Shift Knob | Corksport Steering Wheel | Damond front plate mount | Lukas LK-9750 2ch dashcam | Eonon GA7163 | thespeedline.com blue mirrors | thespeedline.com hood dampers

nekret is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-17-2016, 10:44 AM   #10035

texasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 16 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by csmaan12 View Post
I might try stiffening them up a little more as well. They still feel a little bouncy, but man oh man am I happy the rear clunking is gone. That was my biggest concern. I'll ride them out like this for a week and see how it goes.

Also is it me or are they a tiny bit lower than the stock ones, because it sure seems that way, just less bouncy.
When I install mine in the next few weeks I plan on setting them at 60-70 percent firmness. I rather not have to take them off after they go in.

2003 A4 1.8TQ
APR stg2+, MTM 420cc injectors, EuroCode FMIC, PSi testpipe, Techtonics Tuning downpipe, Forge TIP, Hyperboost DV, 240mm clutch, LWFW flywheel, B5S4 calipers, Goodridge SS lines, Stern snub, motor and transmission mounts, Powerflex rear diff bushing, 034MotorSports rear diff. carrier bushing inserts, JHM SS shifter, solid linkage, stabilizer bushing and weighted knob, Vogtland Jr. Cup Kit, B7 RS4 front and rear sway bars.
texasboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-17-2016, 07:27 PM   #10036

Not Ranked  0 score     

Changed my oil and swapped the tranny fluid to the Ford Unicorn juice. Haven't tested a full boosted 2nd to 3rd shift to see if it still grinds because traffic was a biiiiiiiiiiitch.

-2008 Mazdaspeed3
 Old 06-18-2016, 06:05 PM   #10037

liljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant futureliljae8 has a brilliant future
Groaned at 4 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

My driver side headlight was getting moisture inside them so I took it off and applied some clear silicone sealer all around and placed it back. Hopefully it works.
CS SRI/TIP, CS SSP, CS TMIC, Turbosmart Dualport, COBB AP V3, DDM HID kit 6000k, Autotech Internals, CPe Stage 2 RMM, JBR Cylinder Shift Knob, LED interior and license plate bulbs, yellow LaminX fogs, Blacked out Emblems, Blue Batmobile red-out tail lights, light smoked head lights, Gloss black vinyl roof, Bayson R spoiler lip extension, Rally Armor Mudflaps, CPe Towplate relocation license plate, Prosport Boost Gauge w/ Block8head defroster vent pod.

Yet to install: JBR OCC
liljae8 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-18-2016, 07:59 PM   #10038

Dayton86 is a jewel in the roughDayton86 is a jewel in the roughDayton86 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Car is still new to me but caught up on a little maintenance they didn't do.

New plugs (Still had Fomoco at 42k miles) and had it aligned as it would wander a little bit at freeway speeds. The plugs were the best I have seen in any car I have owned in a while.

So far it's bone stock except for a JBR RMM 80 I put in a few weeks ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160617_195444.jpg (4.65 MB, 44 views)
texasboy21 likes this.
Dayton86 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-19-2016, 12:27 AM   #10039

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well I fell into temptation today...and I lost to a "stock" SRT4.

Couldn't help it, watched that guy whoop ass there, asked me to run...Did a 30....and only when I was in 4th gear did I feel I was going to start catching up. Said I was the closest run he's had so far.

FREEKTUNED
ETS TMIC
Autotech HPFP Internals
CS Stage II SRI + TIP
Tial QR
UR Catback
UR Catless Test Pipe
Damond RMM
Damond SSP
 Old 06-19-2016, 11:23 AM   #10040

ranviper is a jewel in the roughranviper is a jewel in the roughranviper is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Gave her a much needed bath... the pollen in Upstate NY right now is crazy...

ranviper is offline   Reply With Quote