register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1911Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-19-2016, 08:18 PM   #10041

blackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 15 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Oshiguru View Post
I just ticked past 55000 kms and I think my car is old.

Keep in mind things like nvh and ride quality is all subjective. In my opinion the ride is better than stock. It's just as firm on nice even roads, but nice and stiff on bumps and turns. It feels more comfortable on those bumps as well. Stock felt like the whole car would jar and shake and the kws seem to be pushing down quicker on these bumps and absorbing the shock?

Only complaint is that I set my rears to the highest setting I could (with security ring still on the adjuster) and it only has a 1 finger gap. Im sure I could remove the rings and go higher but I'm afraid I'll go too high and pop the threads out of the adjustment thing (no idea for the proper name of the part )

Put the stock rubber gasket thing on ur aftermarket springs. That worked for me.

Got the new s4 installed on monday.. A little late lol. On a base map atm but i can tell shes going to be fun to drive when tuned.
AwAfrican likes this.
COBB ACCESSPORT//TURBOXS CATLESS DP+RACEPIPE//3 BAR MAP//3.5" HTP INTAKE//NGK 1 STEP COLDER PLUGS//HKS CATBACK//AUTOTECH INTERNALS//COBB FMIC V2.0//HKS BOV BLACK EDITION IN VTA//RPF1 17x9//pilot super sport 245/45/17//ACT 6 PUCK//M.D OCC VTA//TOKAY SEALS//BNR S4//Hypnotic tuned

Last edited by blackms3_71; 06-19-2016 at 08:18 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
blackms3_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-19-2016, 08:52 PM   #10042

Revolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed some denso itv22 plugs in preparation for a freektune soon.

Originally Posted by blackms3_71 View Post
Put the stock rubber gasket thing on ur aftermarket springs. That worked for me.

Got the new s4 installed on monday.. A little late lol. On a base map atm but i can tell shes going to be fun to drive when tuned.
Did you get a bundle on the s4? I am so envious, I just had my smoking K04 replaced under warranty and want to see how she runs until my warranty is up in 10k to then pull the trigger on a bnr s4. How was the install btw?
AwAfrican likes this.

Last edited by Revolv0; 06-19-2016 at 08:52 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Revolv0 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-19-2016, 11:58 PM   #10043

blackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 15 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Revolv0 View Post
Installed some denso itv22 plugs in preparation for a freektune soon.

Did you get a bundle on the s4? I am so envious, I just had my smoking K04 replaced under warranty and want to see how she runs until my warranty is up in 10k to then pull the trigger on a bnr s4. How was the install btw?

No bundle on the s4. I already had all other mods needed. U can check out my big turbo thread.

Blackms3 goes bt
COBB ACCESSPORT//TURBOXS CATLESS DP+RACEPIPE//3 BAR MAP//3.5" HTP INTAKE//NGK 1 STEP COLDER PLUGS//HKS CATBACK//AUTOTECH INTERNALS//COBB FMIC V2.0//HKS BOV BLACK EDITION IN VTA//RPF1 17x9//pilot super sport 245/45/17//ACT 6 PUCK//M.D OCC VTA//TOKAY SEALS//BNR S4//Hypnotic tuned
blackms3_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-20-2016, 07:51 AM   #10044

ryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wrapping up my S4 install, just waiting on a tune and a couple minor things.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1466426525404.jpg (3.59 MB, 48 views)
ryguy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-20-2016, 01:06 PM   #10045

SnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Over the weekend I managed to get a few things done... Got my JBR rmm swapped out for the Damond mount (still have the tmm and pmm to install, but that will have to wait until I can get some more time to wrench). Also changed out the cabin air filters, they were a little crusty after 42k. I finally got my airlift bags installed too, they've been sitting around for months waiting to go in...

Now I need to find time to install the other two Damond mounts, my oil temp/pressure gauge, coolingmist meth kit, 3-bar MAP sensor and 3-port ebcs. Gonna try and budget some time to get everything else installed ASAP, but with my wedding coming up, free time is a luxury I don't quite have...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0617161316a.jpg (9.42 MB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 0617161356a.jpg (7.64 MB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 0617161411.jpg (5.89 MB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 0617161433.jpg (5.96 MB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 0617161433_HDR.jpg (5.47 MB, 41 views)
Cobb AP
HTP 3" Intake
C(u)NT 3" Catless Downpipe
JBR OCC, EGR delete, Under Engine Piping
Treadstone TR6 FMIC and brackets
Damond RMM, PMM, TMM
JBR SSP & BUSHINGS
Autotech HPFP Internals
AESTHETIC-
DIY Mudflaps, DDM 55W HL/35W FL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SnailSpeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-20-2016, 01:59 PM   #10046

RazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Buddy and I washed it and installed rear lit reflectors because I wired my old ones wrong and blew fuses.

Also the Ford Jungle Juice in the tranny solved the 3rd gear grind! Full-boosted shifts are had at will now.

-2008 Mazdaspeed3
Corksport Stage II SRI - boost tubes - BPV / CP-E: Delta TMIC - helihose kit / JBR Solid shifter cage bushings - Reverse gate lockout plate / COBB cold air box / Pokeball shift knob / Cleared out OEM tails / Yellow fog film / JDM Axela badge / Lexus GS300 Dual horns / Optima yellow top
LEDs: 2016 Toyota Corolla LED Projector conversion / VX3 fogs / V3 Triton brakes / HVA rear signals / 6K HO Reverse lights / Rear LED reflectors / VLEDs Circuit board license plate lights / black switchbacks / all interior lighting
RazoE is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-20-2016, 03:37 PM   #10047

pirate steve is the leader of the worldpirate steve is the leader of the worldpirate steve is the leader of the worldpirate steve is the leader of the worldpirate steve is the leader of the worldpirate steve is the leader of the worldpirate steve is the leader of the worldpirate steve is the leader of the worldpirate steve is the leader of the worldpirate steve is the leader of the worldpirate steve is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Finally got around to swapping out my res-less midpipe for a pristine Canadian midpipe. Cabin is so much nicer to be in now even considering that while my MI rust was pissing me off, I also threw in a 70 duro JBR PMM.
 Old 06-20-2016, 06:46 PM   #10048

ToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Added a Maisonvi shift knob.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (1.95 MB, 47 views)
Rice: RallyArmor, Morimoto XB LED Fogs, VLeds Triton Reverse Lights, Redline boots and armrest cover, Maisonvi shift knob.
Audio: Pioneer AVIC-7100NEX
ToyCop is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-23-2016, 04:09 AM   #10049

ranviper is a jewel in the roughranviper is a jewel in the roughranviper is a jewel in the rough
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Replaced my emblems.

Last edited by MS3Shadow; 06-23-2016 at 04:57 AM.
ranviper is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-23-2016, 04:39 AM   #10050

AwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ranviper View Post
ranviper likes this.
AwAfrican is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AwAfrican For This Useful Post:
KiwiFlavor (06-23-2016), ranviper (06-23-2016)
 Old 06-23-2016, 07:55 AM   #10051

nekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ranviper View Post
Where did you get your emblems? Mine doesn't lay flat on the hatch and is driving my ocd a little crazy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
CorkSport 3.5" MAF & TIP | CP-E FMIC | Synapse BPV | CorkSport EBCS (Interrupt) | Bosch 3 bar MAP | CorkSport HPFP Internals | CP-E Catted Downpipe | CP-E Triton 3" CBE | JBR Stage 2 OCC | Kozmic Primary EGR Delete | JBR Secondary EGR delete | NGK 6510 | TB coolant Bypass | JBR IM & TB Gaskets | Damond RMM, PMM, & TMM | JBR light shift weight | TWM Full Replacement Shifter | Cobb AccessPort V3 | FreekTune

Chassis
JBR Front & Rear Sway Bars | JBR Billet Rear Sway Bar Brackets | Whiteline Adjustable Front&Rear sway bar links | JBR Coilovers | Corksport BBK | Corksport Lower Tie Bar | Corksport Mid Chasis Brace

Rice
LED bumper reflectors | Morimoto LED Fog lights | VLEDs LED Highbeams | Independent Fogs | AP Engine & HPFP cover | CorkSport Pulleys | Corksport Leather Shift Knob | Corksport Steering Wheel | Damond front plate mount | Lukas LK-9750 2ch dashcam | Eonon GA7163 | thespeedline.com blue mirrors | thespeedline.com hood dampers

nekret is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-23-2016, 06:48 PM   #10052

ranviper is a jewel in the roughranviper is a jewel in the roughranviper is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by nekret View Post
Where did you get your emblems? Mine doesn't lay flat on the hatch and is driving my ocd a little crazy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Found it on eBay. I know what you're saying, I actually had to bend it slightly to get it to sit flush. I put it under a lot of heat so it was somewhat malleable and was able to press it hard enough it took shape.
nekret likes this.
ranviper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ranviper For This Useful Post:
nekret (06-23-2016)
 Old 06-24-2016, 09:55 AM   #10053

Nailedit187 has a reputation beyond reputeNailedit187 has a reputation beyond reputeNailedit187 has a reputation beyond reputeNailedit187 has a reputation beyond reputeNailedit187 has a reputation beyond reputeNailedit187 has a reputation beyond reputeNailedit187 has a reputation beyond reputeNailedit187 has a reputation beyond reputeNailedit187 has a reputation beyond reputeNailedit187 has a reputation beyond reputeNailedit187 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

LOF and Test pipe! just rolled over 70K miles...
2015 FZ09
CRF250R BUILT
Nailedit187 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-24-2016, 01:31 PM   #10054

ToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed my Damond OCC today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg occ.jpg (295.2 KB, 34 views)
MS3Shadow and Nailedit187 like this.
Rice: RallyArmor, Morimoto XB LED Fogs, VLeds Triton Reverse Lights, Redline boots and armrest cover, Maisonvi shift knob.
 Old 06-24-2016, 02:08 PM   #10055

Mmahan3510 is a glorious beacon of lightMmahan3510 is a glorious beacon of lightMmahan3510 is a glorious beacon of lightMmahan3510 is a glorious beacon of lightMmahan3510 is a glorious beacon of lightMmahan3510 is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 19 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

monday i paint matched the front grill and fog surrounds to the wheels, today i paint patched the rear lower bumper! love it! also 15mm rear wheel spacers in the rear. front spacers next week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160620_141855.jpg (5.05 MB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160624_140738.111.jpg (3.14 MB, 50 views)
2012 Mica Black Speed3, 3" CS intake/TIP, CS MZR bypass valve, CS hpfp internals, CS 3 port EBCS full interupt, NGK 1 step colder plugs, Ebay catless DP, 2nd cat delete, resonator delete, Custom Magnaflow axle back, CS OCC, EGR delete, throttle body coolant bypass, CS 70 duro RMM, firehawk indy 500 225/40/18, DM SSP, rear adj control arms, 3.5" shift extender, MofiyStreet 450oz ball shift knob, Purple Drank Tuned 93 map/Purple Drank Tuned E30 map, 295/337 dyno jet heatsoaked at 150 BAT, 314/362 vdyno at 100 BAT
Mmahan3510 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-24-2016, 04:26 PM   #10056

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mmahan3510 View Post
monday i paint matched the front grill and fog surrounds to the wheels, today i paint patched the rear lower bumper! love it! also 15mm rear wheel spacers in the rear. front spacers next week.
Looks good. I'll be the same parts painted black mica at some point.
 Old 06-24-2016, 04:40 PM   #10057

AwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ToyCop View Post
Looks good. I'll be the same parts painted black mica at some point.
Flat black here ftw
The Following User Says Thank You to AwAfrican For This Useful Post:
KiwiFlavor (06-24-2016)
 Old 06-24-2016, 08:34 PM   #10058

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Replaced my ACT 6 puck friction disc for the one that I put too much grease on the tranny splines and ruined (caused to slip). Added an 88 duro trans mount to add to my race car noises
 Old 06-25-2016, 03:44 PM   #10059

Revolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to beholdRevolv0 is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed long down pipe , and Damond motorsports RMM from 9 to 4 today. One of the screws that held the Midpipe to the turbo stripped out all the threading and was a total bit bitch to extract. The job would have taken me less time, but the dipshit Mazda technician didn't torque the 5 nuts to 30lbs, so it was a pain. Plus I did not have a 7/8" o2 socket.

The combination of guttural exhaust ( with an ultimate racing cat back) and rmm was sensory overload. How can you explain why an almost 30 year old wants these things, instead of a Mercedes s class for example?

Because race car.
Revolv0 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-25-2016, 06:59 PM   #10060

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Revolv0 View Post
Installed long down pipe , and Damond motorsports RMM from 9 to 4 today. One of the screws that held the Midpipe to the turbo stripped out all the threading and was a total bit bitch to extract. The job would have taken me less time, but the dipshit Mazda technician didn't torque the 5 nuts to 30lbs, so it was a pain. Plus I did not have a 7/8" o2 socket.

The combination of guttural exhaust ( with an ultimate racing cat back) and rmm was sensory overload. How can you explain why an almost 30 year old wants these things, instead of a Mercedes s class for example?

Because race car.
Mercedes cam be race cars as well...your argument is Invalid
 Old 06-25-2016, 07:42 PM   #10061

ryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by AwAfrican View Post
Mercedes cam be race cars as well...your argument is Invalid
Yeah I'm pretty sure nobody here can afford that Mercedes, so you point is invalid lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
ryguy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-25-2016, 11:20 PM   #10062

csmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Had some shenanigans with my friend is his BTR tuned/bolted BK2 genny....they're still slow. He dynoed at 290/350, still had him by a car length when we went to Mexico.

Now I'm waiting for UPS to notify me my TMIC is ready for pick up on Monday. That's the real nail biter because after is when I'll bite the bullet and hit up Freek tune for the full deal.

FREEKTUNED
ETS TMIC
Autotech HPFP Internals
CS Stage II SRI + TIP
Tial QR
UR Catback
UR Catless Test Pipe
Damond RMM
Damond SSP
csmaan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-26-2016, 12:06 PM   #10063

StevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant future
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

painted my valance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StevenPThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-26-2016, 01:01 PM   #10064

StevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant futureStevenPThomas has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

here's a better view in the sun.

AwAfrican likes this.
 Old 06-28-2016, 09:10 AM   #10065

csmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond reputecsmaan12 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

I was trying to avoid buying an ETS TMIC...but then I got a good deal and bought a brand new one...so here it is in all its glory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13439179_10157192799300604_2708359254466380314_n.jpg (143.7 KB, 39 views)
RazoE likes this.

FREEKTUNED
ETS TMIC
Autotech HPFP Internals
CS Stage II SRI + TIP
Tial QR
UR Catback
UR Catless Test Pipe
Damond RMM
Damond SSP
 Old 06-28-2016, 09:18 AM   #10066
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,792 Times in 2,648 Posts
Groans: 1,772
Groaned at 43 Times in 24 Posts

Installed a TRS bi-xenon retro-quik kit for my main projectors, but couldn't hook up the solenoids for the bi-xenon actuators because TRS failed to provide all the hardware they were supposed to.

Moreover, there were zero, ZE-RO instructions available anywhere, despite a multitude of links saying otherwise. Pretty fucking disappointed and pissed off at TRS, but happy with the light output.

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vansquish For This Useful Post:
Mazdazilla6 (06-28-2016)
 Old 06-28-2016, 09:26 AM   #10067

Mazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,669 Times in 1,831 Posts
Groaned at 21 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
Installed a TRS bi-xenon retro-quik kit for my main projectors, but couldn't hook up the solenoids for the bi-xenon actuators because TRS failed to provide all the hardware they were supposed to.

Moreover, there were zero, ZE-RO instructions available anywhere, despite a multitude of links saying otherwise. Pretty fucking disappointed and pissed off at TRS, but happy with the light output.
Post up some pics when you get the chance please. I've been interesting in the TRS kits for a while now. Pretty sick of the crap stock projectors.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT Crystal White Pearl #07141

Damond Motorsports = PS Cooler - RMM - PMM - OCC
VersaTuner = Versatune
Clutchmasters = 850 Street Twindisk
Corksport = RDM - CBE - RSB - TMM Insert
Turbine Tech = Forward Diff Mount - FMM
CP-e = Exhaust Manifold - Injector Seals
PTE = JB 5862
JMF = Intake Manifold w/Custom PI
Kozmic = Downpipe - 6th Port - EGR Delete
Forge = V2 BPV
Tial = 44mm WG
Autotech = HPFP Internals
HTP = 4" Intake - Battery Tray
Bilstein = B6 Shocks w/Eibach springs
Grimmspeed = EBCS
Technafit = SS Brake Lines - SS Clutch Line
Enkei = EVOX GSR 18x8.5 +38 - NT03+M 17x9.5 +38
Custom = FMIC w/TR1035 - Shifter Cables - Shifter Bushings
Mazdazilla6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-28-2016, 09:53 AM   #10068
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,792 Times in 2,648 Posts
Groans: 1,772
Groaned at 43 Times in 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Mazdazilla6 View Post
Post up some pics when you get the chance please. I've been interesting in the TRS kits for a while now. Pretty sick of the crap stock projectors.
It's worth the switch, I can state that without any equivocation. The lenses are a significant upgrade from the OE projector lenses on their own. The TRS lenses are polished and optically clear. The OEM lenses are smooth, but have "orange peel" and have a slight haze to them.

I suspect that if you were really enterprising, you could simply buy some of the TRS 2.5" clear lenses and swap them into the OEM projectors and have massively better light output as well.

That said, the TRS Retro-Quik kit for the Mazda6/MS6 is pretty comprehensive (except for the pigtail and instructions that they left out . . . fuckers). The install is really straightforward for the most part. You take the headlamps out of the car, heat up the butyl glue on the headlamps, carefully and slowly pry them open, swap stuff out, put new stuff in, reseal, hook-em up and go. Here's the how-to everyone should have if they're going to do this on an MS6:

#1 most important thing: If you order this kit, make sure to specify that you want the MS6 brackets, not the regular 6 brackets. There is apparently a difference!

- disconnect the car battery

- remove bumper (or as much of it as you need to pop the headlights out - they're attached by four bolts, if memory serves)

- unplug the headlamps from the harness, a long screwdriver may help

- using a thin screwdriver, remove each of the small steel clamps that hold the lens to the backing of each headlight

- using a heat gun (no need to use the oven), heat the butyl glue that holds the lens to the backing of each headlamp. With a butter knife or something similar, slowly work the lens away from the backing. DO NOT FORCE ANYTHING!

- unscrew the headlight adjusters all the way

- disconnect the D2S socket from the D2S bulb

- slide the OEM projectors out of the headlamp housing

- unscrew the projector from the OEM bracket

- screw the spacers onto the TRS bracket

- screw the TRS bracket onto the OEM bracket

- screw the TRS projector onto the TRS bracket

- attach the new H1 bulb to the TRS projector (wipe the bulb down with the supplied alcohol wipe, but DO NOT WIPE THE PROJECTOR LENS with anything that will leave residue - ask me why . . .)

- attach the bulb pigtail to secure the bulb to the projector

- attach the bi-xenon pigtail to the projector

- run the wires from the bi-xenon pigtail through the extra holes in the rubber dust-cap on the bulb pigtail

- attach the connector for the bi-xenon pigtail to the leads on the bi-xenon pigtail

- screw the newly-mounted TRS projector back onto the headlamp adjusters

- attach the TRS H1 --> D2S adapter to the bulb pigtail, and attach the D2S adapter to the OEM D2S connector

- If you're using the bi-xenon pigtail, then connect it up to the hot wire and the ground for the high-beam as well (they suggest soldering or using "Scotch Clamps").

[NOTE] You can run the bi-xenon pigtail inside the headlamp housing from the low beam area to the hi-beam area, or you can use the supplied dust-cap (mentioned above) and cut a hole in each of the dust cap for the low-beam and for the hi-beam and route the bi-xenon pigtail outside the housing in doing so.

- Go out to your car and plug both units into their respective plugs on the wiring harness, reconnect the battery and test the units together.

- DO NOT test them individually. The imbalance in load across the wiring harness can shorten the lifespan of the bulbs and of the igniters.

- Once you're sure that everything is hunky-dory, unplug the battery again, remove the headlamps from the car again, and go back inside with both headlamps to re-seal them.

- BUT . . . before you re-seal anything, clean the inside of your plastic headlamp lens. Mine had 142k miles of small amounts of condensation or whatever the fuck was in there, and they had a great layer of light-blocking film on them. I got as much off as I could, but I was in a little bit of a hurry and couldn't get it all. I'll post some pictures of the OEM lenses, and you'll see that the film was on the lenses too.

- Seal both headlamps up good and tight. You can probably rely on the OEM butyl glue residue that will be all but fucking impossible to remove, but you can also do as I did and purchase some from TRS with your kit ($12.00, if memory serves).

- go reinstall the headlamps, and enjoy your new-found brightness.

Edit:

Here's what I ordered:................Qty.
D2S > AMP Ballast Adapters........1........2 x D2S > AMP Ballast Adapters $15.00
Retro-Quik: Mazda 6 (02-08).......1........2 x Morimoto Mini H1 LHD (7.0) $130.00
Bi-xenon Projectors
Mounting Hardware....................1........2 x RQ Hardware: Mazda6 / TT (Mini H1 7.0) $30.00
Optional H1 HID Bulbs................1........2 x H1: XB 4500K $30.00
Optional Headlight Sealant..........1........1 x Black: RetroRubber $12.00

Total: $217.00

Unfortunately, the Retro-Quik kit was missing one of these:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160627_192449.jpg (1.32 MB, 40 views)
Mazdazilla6 likes this.

Last edited by Vansquish; 06-28-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vansquish For This Useful Post:
Mazdazilla6 (06-28-2016)
 Old 06-28-2016, 02:58 PM   #10069

Adam99l is a glorious beacon of lightAdam99l is a glorious beacon of lightAdam99l is a glorious beacon of lightAdam99l is a glorious beacon of lightAdam99l is a glorious beacon of lightAdam99l is a glorious beacon of light
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed the CS hood scoop.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
mazdaspeedmyk and RazoE like this.
Adam99l is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-28-2016, 04:58 PM   #10070

tmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by StevenPThomas View Post
here's a better view in the sun.

Looks good what paint?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
 Old 06-28-2016, 08:21 PM   #10071

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by tmillner View Post
Looks good what paint?

Used krylon paint I got at lowes. I've never had problems with that type of paint.

Originally Posted by Adam99l View Post
Installed the CS hood scoop.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I wanted mine color match at first, but then I caught the carbon fiber fever.

Adam99l likes this.

Last edited by StevenPThomas; 06-28-2016 at 08:21 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 06-29-2016, 11:46 AM   #10072

Not Ranked  0 score     

I did my first set of logs for MAF Cal, idle and 3rd gear WOT for my Freektune yesterday.

I took a look at my 3rd gear log and holy shit. It's scary going wot from 2800 RPMSTORE, KR everywhere, and one cell in the log had my HPFP at 1575 psi...should I be worried. I have autotech internals. Don't want something going wrong in the middle of the tune since I've never seen an instance below 1600 for the almost one year I've had the internals.

FREEKTUNED
ETS TMIC
Autotech HPFP Internals
CS Stage II SRI + TIP
Tial QR
UR Catback
UR Catless Test Pipe
Damond RMM
Damond SSP
 Old 06-29-2016, 01:20 PM   #10073

MD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,942 Times in 1,054 Posts
Groans: 139
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by csmaan12 View Post
I did my first set of logs for MAF Cal, idle and 3rd gear WOT for my Freektune yesterday.

I took a look at my 3rd gear log and holy shit. It's scary going wot from 2800 RPMSTORE, KR everywhere, and one cell in the log had my HPFP at 1575 psi...should I be worried. I have autotech internals. Don't want something going wrong in the middle of the tune since I've never seen an instance below 1600 for the almost one year I've had the internals.
Do us a favor and post the log here.
 Old 06-29-2016, 01:22 PM   #10074

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MD1032 View Post
Do us a favor and post the log here.
Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: csv WOT2.csv (20.8 KB, 10 views)

FREEKTUNED
ETS TMIC
Autotech HPFP Internals
CS Stage II SRI + TIP
Tial QR
UR Catback
UR Catless Test Pipe
Damond RMM
Damond SSP
 Old 06-29-2016, 07:23 PM   #10075

tmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had mine dip like that before, we figured it to be the traction control interacting

Old 06-29-2016, 07:28 PM   #10076

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I wouldn't be too worried about your fuel pressure, but you do record quite a bit of KR. If that is real and repeatable, you need to get it taken care of quick.

I'd check for something loose and making noise in the engine bay, or did you hit lane dividers during the log, or..... Maybe you didn't have your E30 dialed in?
 Old 06-29-2016, 07:31 PM   #10077

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sheston View Post
I wouldn't be too worried about your fuel pressure, but you do record quite a bit of KR. If that is real and repeatable, you need to get it taken care of quick.

I'd check for something loose and making noise in the engine bay, or did you hit lane dividers during the log, or..... Maybe you didn't have your E30 dialed in?

This is a base map so I'm not worried about it considering it hasn't happened in over a year.
Well I did another pull from 3k today and it didn't happen, the one in the log was under 3k. I'm thinking the ETS shroud is rattling though so I will put some rubber on it just in case.

FREEKTUNED
ETS TMIC
Autotech HPFP Internals
CS Stage II SRI + TIP
Tial QR
UR Catback
UR Catless Test Pipe
Damond RMM
Damond SSP
 Old 06-29-2016, 07:38 PM   #10078

Not Ranked  0 score     

That could very well be it. I had my aftermarket TMIC aluminum shroud rattling as well at one point. Just removed it :-) Saved the extra weight because racecar
 Old 06-29-2016, 09:12 PM   #10079

Marcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the world
Groaned at 21 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Flawed logic here but I'm ordering the corksport bbk in blue on Friday bc not only do I need new brake fluid and a flush but before I replace the intake turbo and exhaust mani, I should be able to stop.
2006 Moist Metallica Silver Speed6 GT #6557 @ 247,000km on the k04. OE block.clutch.trans.
Intake Valves/Fuel Injector's never serviced

Corksport: IC.RMM.TIP.FSB.Tubes.Strut Tower
JBR: 70a Sides.SSP.51r SURE: Dreadnaught.Juggernaught.Anchors.FlowM6.
Hypertech.MS CAI & SRI.Turbosmart DS BOV.Cobb EBCS.AT HPFP.
Deatchsworks.CPe SafeSeals.Redline Trans.Diff. Motul Brake Fluid.
H&R Sport Springs.Bilstein B6s.Whiteline Adj RSB.SPC Ball Joints.SU Rear Interior Brace.
StopTech Perf. Pads.Centric X-D Rotors.TechnaFit Braided Clutch-Brake Lines.Damond PS Cooler.
Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ 235/40/18.Drag DR-38 +47. Gloss Black Blue Undercut.
Pirelli Sottozero s2 240 215/45/18. MS6 OEMs.

On hold while built options are sourced:
To Order: Full Race Tubular Exhaust Mani/Vent plate/Rear Camber Arms, Bilstein B8's, Stratified Tune
To Install: CS Turbo/IM/DP/3.5 MAP/tubes/OCC, APv3, DM EGR, VG Antennae, SURE Full3 Aeros/Rad Hoses
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-30-2016, 12:45 AM   #10080

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sheston View Post
That could very well be it. I had my aftermarket TMIC aluminum shroud rattling as well at one point. Just removed it :-) Saved the extra weight because racecar
Well we shall see what Justin says after he reviews the data. I'm freaking excited because even on a base map the car feels different (in a good way). The turbo seems to pick up quicker, and it actually sounds different spooling on the lower end.

I did another sub 3k WOT today and got 2.02 KR so I'm chocking it up to either rattle, or the car is just doing its job preventing LSPI. Either way I can't wait until the E30 is dialed in to see what it can do. Been wanting a real tune for too long.

FREEKTUNED
ETS TMIC
Autotech HPFP Internals
CS Stage II SRI + TIP
Tial QR
UR Catback
UR Catless Test Pipe
Damond RMM
Damond SSP