register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1716Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-25-2016, 01:12 PM   #10361

Marcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 21 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sheston View Post
Speaking of which, has anyone tried painting their rims black so they don't care about brake dust? I've seen ads for that peel off paint.....
I was at a gas station in Vancouver and they had an impromptu kiosk setup for something called fw-1 fast wax - claimed it was great for windows, body grime and keeping brake dust off rims. I declined but its a carnuba based spray foam which in theory should help the wheel shed dust when sprayed off (with a power washer probably).
#6557 @ 237,000km on the k04

Corksport: RMM/TIP/FSB/Tubes/Strut Tower JBR: 70a Sides/SSP SURE: Dreadnaught/Juggernaught/Anchors/FlowM6
AT HPFP / Deatchsworks / CPe SafeSeals / HT Tuned / MSD DH / Redline Trans.Diff / Motul Brake Fluid
H&R Sport Springs / Bilstein B6s / Whiteline Adj RSB / SPC Ball Joints / Turbosmart DS BOV / Cobb EBCS / MS CAI & SRI
StopTech Perf. Pads / Centric X-D Rotors / SU Rear Interior Brace / TechnaFit Braided Clutch-Brake Lines / DM PS Cooler
Michelin 235/40/18 Super Sports.Drag DR-38 Gloss Black/Blue Undercut. Pirelli Sottozero s2 240 215/45/18

To Order: Full Race Tubular Exhaust Mani/Vent plate, OCC, Stratified Tune
To Install: CS Turbo/DP/IC/3.5 MAP/tubes, APv3, DM EGR, VG Antennae, JBR 51r box, SURE Full3 Aeros/Rad Hoses
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-25-2016, 01:19 PM   #10362

Marcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the world
Groaned at 21 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had my dealership, who isnt a stealership, install the DM Power Steering cooler since my PS hardline needed to be replaced and why pay $550CAD when a $90USd part fixes it and replaces the rusty oe cooler. Also had new stoptech pads installed and had them remove my rear seat brace as I installed that myself with the car seated on the ground and the shop reinstalled it before it was dropped from the lift. I asked them for that b/c when I was having my fenders rolled, the body shop used some laser frame alignment and my right rear was slightly out from the left. So this brownie will blame himself for that.
#6557 @ 237,000km on the k04

Corksport: RMM/TIP/FSB/Tubes/Strut Tower JBR: 70a Sides/SSP SURE: Dreadnaught/Juggernaught/Anchors/FlowM6
AT HPFP / Deatchsworks / CPe SafeSeals / HT Tuned / MSD DH / Redline Trans.Diff / Motul Brake Fluid
H&R Sport Springs / Bilstein B6s / Whiteline Adj RSB / SPC Ball Joints / Turbosmart DS BOV / Cobb EBCS / MS CAI & SRI
StopTech Perf. Pads / Centric X-D Rotors / SU Rear Interior Brace / TechnaFit Braided Clutch-Brake Lines / DM PS Cooler
Michelin 235/40/18 Super Sports.Drag DR-38 Gloss Black/Blue Undercut. Pirelli Sottozero s2 240 215/45/18

To Order: Full Race Tubular Exhaust Mani/Vent plate, OCC, Stratified Tune
To Install: CS Turbo/DP/IC/3.5 MAP/tubes, APv3, DM EGR, VG Antennae, JBR 51r box, SURE Full3 Aeros/Rad Hoses

Last edited by Marcus; 09-25-2016 at 01:41 PM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-27-2016, 08:49 AM   #10363

texasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 16 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Had a set of Hankook Ventus K120 Evo2s install and am not pleased.

Upon setting off from the tire shop I noticed dramatic tire pull. Contacted Tire Rack and I have to do a series of tire rotations to determine which tire(s) are at fault to do an exchange.

Such a hassle, I should have purchased a higher quality tire..

2003 A4 1.8TQ
APR stg2+, MTM 420cc injectors, EuroCode FMIC, PSi testpipe, Techtonics Tuning downpipe, Forge TIP, Hyperboost DV, 240mm clutch, LWFW flywheel, B5S4 calipers, Goodridge SS lines, Stern snub, motor and transmission mounts, Powerflex rear diff bushing, 034MotorSports rear diff. carrier bushing inserts, JHM SS shifter, solid linkage, stabilizer bushing and weighted knob, Vogtland Jr. Cup Kit, B7 RS4 front and rear sway bars.
texasboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-27-2016, 08:54 AM   #10364

greez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant future
Groans: 0
Groaned at 12 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by texasboy21 View Post

Upon setting off from the tire shop I noticed dramatic tire pull. Contacted Tire Rack and I have to do a series of tire rotations to determine which tire(s) are at fault to do an exchange.

That's good to know because I was looking at some alternatives to my RE970's but I guess I'll stick with the same tire. Thanks!
texasboy21 likes this.

Cobb SRI/TIH | Cobb XLE BPV | Cobb Accessport V2
Hawk HPS Pads | CorskSport RMM & TMM Inserts
KMD V3 HPFP Internals | Freektuned
greez is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-27-2016, 09:01 AM   #10365

texasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by greez View Post
That's good to know because I was looking at some alternatives to my RE970's but I guess I'll stick with the same tire. Thanks!
Ive had several sets of the previous generation Ventus K111s, but this is the first time on the 120s.

2003 A4 1.8TQ
APR stg2+, MTM 420cc injectors, EuroCode FMIC, PSi testpipe, Techtonics Tuning downpipe, Forge TIP, Hyperboost DV, 240mm clutch, LWFW flywheel, B5S4 calipers, Goodridge SS lines, Stern snub, motor and transmission mounts, Powerflex rear diff bushing, 034MotorSports rear diff. carrier bushing inserts, JHM SS shifter, solid linkage, stabilizer bushing and weighted knob, Vogtland Jr. Cup Kit, B7 RS4 front and rear sway bars.
The Following User Says NO Thank You to texasboy21 For This Un-useful Post:
sleeveless (09-27-2016)
 Old 09-27-2016, 09:05 AM   #10366

sleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ive had several sets of the previous generation Ventus K111s, but this is the first time on the 120s.
They will bubble before than...

sold

06 Mazdaspeed 6

LED turns, front switchbacks, 7000 lumen fogs, fancy boost gauge, dipped ms3 wheels
sleeveless is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-27-2016, 09:07 AM   #10367

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sleeveless View Post
They will bubble before than...
wut?

2003 A4 1.8TQ
 Old 09-27-2016, 09:14 AM   #10368

sleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the worldsleeveless is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So on the ms6, I've done alot in the last week, I installed switchbacks in the front, leds in the rear turn signals, pcv, PS pressure line, Plasti dipped some 2nd gen wheels and put them on, led 6000k fogs, pressed in an out straight arm bushings and installed a mechanical boost gauge. Next to do will be to remove my driver side seat cover and sow it and I will be doing front sway bar bushings and links after work today. It's alot of work rebuilding a car ground up

wut?
My experience with hankook ventuses are that they are very prone to bubbling in the sidewalls. I stay away from them

sold

06 Mazdaspeed 6

LED turns, front switchbacks, 7000 lumen fogs, fancy boost gauge, dipped ms3 wheels

Last edited by sleeveless; 09-27-2016 at 09:15 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
sleeveless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sleeveless For This Useful Post:
MD1032 (09-27-2016)
 Old 09-27-2016, 03:42 PM   #10369

Ten2Four is a jewel in the roughTen2Four is a jewel in the roughTen2Four is a jewel in the roughTen2Four is a jewel in the rough
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If it makes you feel any better my Pilot Super Sports had one tire with the same issue. Went through the same process with Discount Tire.
Ten2Four is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-28-2016, 08:47 PM   #10370

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Ten2Four View Post
If it makes you feel any better my Pilot Super Sports had one tire with the same issue. Went through the same process with Discount Tire.
I'm starting to think it's not the tires. I put the fronts on the rear and still have the same issue (granted that's not the process Tire Rack details, this was done before their instructions were sent).

In neutral just coasting the car tracks straight. In gear and on the gas it'll pull right. Under hard acceleration I can feel the wheel fighting/pulling left and right. Under hard braking the car squirms left and right.

None of this occurred prior to the new tires.

One thing I noticed today, none of the wheels have weights yet I was invoiced for balancing.

Any advise from anyone? I'm very frustrated and my speed is handicapped.

2003 A4 1.8TQ
 Old 09-29-2016, 08:31 AM   #10371

crankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the world
Groaned at 12 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm starting to think it's not the tires. I put the fronts on the rear and still have the same issue (granted that's not the process Tire Rack details, this was done before their instructions were sent).

In neutral just coasting the car tracks straight. In gear and on the gas it'll pull right. Under hard acceleration I can feel the wheel fighting/pulling left and right. Under hard braking the car squirms left and right.

None of this occurred prior to the new tires.

One thing I noticed today, none of the wheels have weights yet I was invoiced for balancing.

Any advise from anyone? I'm very frustrated and my speed is handicapped.
I would tend to agree that it's not the tires. Also, an out of balance wheel would cause vibrations that would increase with speed irrelevant to load. Front tire out of balance, the wheel will shimmy. A rear tire out of balance, you feel the shimmy in the seat.

Imo, take it to an alignment/suspension shop and have it checked out. If it pulls under light acceleration and straight under no acceleration (excluding hard accel torque steer), then it might mean something loose.

It's possible that the previous tires were good enough to "mask" the issue some.
 Old 09-29-2016, 12:04 PM   #10372

AveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud of
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just put on some cheap "Mazdaspeed" seat belt covers from China off of eBay. No more seatbelt hickeys.

2012 MS3 w/Tech Package

Engine: CS SRI/Tip, AutoTech internals, Damond Banjo Bolt, CFM Mount, CS Racepipe, Resonator delete, Tuned by FREEKTUNE

Trans: CS insert, CS bushings, Damond Shifter Plate

Suspension: Koni Orange with CS springs, Konig Controls 17x7.5 with 225/45 Conti DW's

Appearance: Plasti Dipped Emblems, Bumper Guard, CS Steering wheel/Shift knob/E-brake handle,dumb stickers
AveryPlaysBass is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-01-2016, 09:40 AM   #10373

lasserudn is just really nicelasserudn is just really nicelasserudn is just really nicelasserudn is just really nicelasserudn is just really nice
Neutral  +1 score     

I haven't posted on here for a little while but I have done quite a bit!! New wheels (temp for the rest of this year) painted front bumper roof rack and in the process of finishing up wire tuck..... got a new front lip also thanks to the raccoon who blew up my front bumper..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160908_083019.jpg (4.01 MB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 20160918_164840.jpg (5.32 MB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg 20160918_205552.jpg (4.40 MB, 56 views)
+ Red VHT Nightshade on tails...................+ 35% Tint
+ Full Exterior/Interior LED swap...............+ JBR Shift Knob
+ CX Racing FMIC....................................+ Ebay test Pipe
+ Forge V1 BPV......................................+ Resonator Delete
+ H&R Street Preformance Coilovers...........+ NGK irridium 1 Step Colder Plugs
+ Autotech HPFP.....................................+ AP V3
+ JBR 88a-duro RMM...............................+ Freaktune OTS+
+ JBR 3.5" Wide Path Silicone Intake.........+ Short Shift Plate/Shift Weight
+ Switchback LED reflector reverse lights

lasserudn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lasserudn For This Useful Post:
galens47 (10-01-2016)
 Old 10-01-2016, 10:38 PM   #10374

blackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 15 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just picked up this Yamaha r6
COBB ACCESSPORT//TURBOXS CATLESS DP+RACEPIPE//3 BAR MAP//3.5" HTP INTAKE//NGK 1 STEP COLDER PLUGS//HKS CATBACK//AUTOTECH INTERNALS//COBB FMIC V2.0//HKS BOV BLACK EDITION IN VTA//RPF1 17x9//pilot super sport 245/45/17//ACT 6 PUCK//M.D OCC VTA//TOKAY SEALS//BNR S4//Hypnotic tuned
blackms3_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2016, 05:40 PM   #10375

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Had some good weather here in Dallas this past week, so had the windows down, heard my brakes screeching....

Pads were gone and rotors had quite a lip on them. So much so that the metal backer on the pads was rubbing the ridge on the rotors and making quite the racket. Replaced them with another set of yellow stuffs and high carbon blanks.

This is the first car I've had to replace rotors on. But now I know what everyone is talking about the rotors being a replaceable item with the pads.....
 Old 10-02-2016, 09:00 PM   #10376

Jonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 22 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default What did you do to your ride today?

Installed the Southbend stage 3 over the weekend. Enjoyed it, but hope I won't have to do it again for a long time. We got creative with a motorcycle jack from HF and used that as a tranny jack. In other news, my back hurts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jonb82; 10-03-2016 at 04:51 AM.
Jonb82 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jonb82 For This Useful Post:
MD1032 (10-03-2016), PapaBruno (10-04-2016)
 Old 10-03-2016, 05:48 PM   #10377

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I looked and looked for a cheap tranny jack when I did mine. After I was done, HF had a 450 lbs trans jack, 4 wheels, racket wrench height adjustment, tilt plate and ratchet strap for $70or 80. Went ahead and bought it for next time :-)
galens47 (10-07-2016)
 Old 10-03-2016, 06:44 PM   #10378

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 64
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jonb82 View Post

Installed the Southbend stage 3 over the weekend. Enjoyed it, but hope I won't have to do it again for a long time. We got creative with a motorcycle jack from HF and used that as a tranny jack. In other news, my back hurts

Driving impressions please. This is my future clutch. Been sitting under my bed for the longest.
ETS TMIC // JBR 70 duro RMM // JBR 80 duro TMM // JBR RSB // JBR OCC/CV // JBR EGR delete // HTP 3" TIP ATP 3" MAF // Autotech FP INTERNALS // Cobb AP // CS OCC/CV // CS TP // CS STS // WMI // DM TB spacer // FOST INTAKE MANIFOLD // UR Cat back // Forge v2 BPV // Modified OEM pvc plate
Rfinkle2 e85/93 TUNED!

The beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-04-2016, 04:11 AM   #10379

Jonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond reputeJonb82 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

I looked and looked for a cheap tranny jack when I did mine. After I was done, HF had a 450 lbs trans jack, 4 wheels, racket wrench height adjustment, tilt plate and ratchet strap for $70or 80. Went ahead and bought it for next time :-)

Unfortunately they didn't have any tranny jacks on sale that day. We were looking for an adapter at least but didn't see one. Probably would have made it a little easier

Old 10-04-2016, 04:20 AM   #10380

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 5doorsoffury View Post
Driving impressions please. This is my future clutch. Been sitting under my bed for the longest.

vrooom pst click, vrooooooom psst click, VRAAAMMMM PSSH click, VRAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMM PSSHHHH

The Following User Says Thank You to Jonb82 For This Useful Post:
galens47 (10-07-2016)
 Old 10-04-2016, 04:28 AM   #10381

Not Ranked  0 score     

Sorry for my last post, it's 7am and couldn't help myself. Clutch is stiffer. I have about 100 non highway miles on it. Don't be afraid of the noise when you first start it up. I think it's a small metal clearness working itself out. Make sure you follow torque specs on install and have a torque wrench that goes to 118 ft lbs. Engagement is about half way down on pedal feel and I'm still getting used to it. Stocker might have been the same but with the added stiffness you notice it more. The mother fucker does grab. I wish I could say more but keeping the rpms under 3k for break in that's all I have for now. But it does feel legit

Edit: also depending on mileage you might want to go ahead and grab some blank rotors and pads as well. Noticed a lip on the edges. I have about 70k so close to the time for a change. I still have life left on the pads, but might as well get it all done in one step since they're out. I'll edit more if anything else comes to mind

5doorsoffury (10-04-2016)
 Old 10-04-2016, 04:46 AM   #10382

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

How was the fitment with the bell housing? Some people report a small amount of grinding was needed due to variations in the cast of the tranny.

Do you have the old style or the new style slave cylinder? The red boot is flush with the mounting bolt with the old one. The new one has some space between the bolt and red cap. Some of the old slaves pop.

South bend clutch reccomends 118ft.lbs on there FW with oem bolts or did you use the arp upgraded FW bolts with the extra threads? I thought it was more like 80-90ft.lbs.
ETS TMIC // JBR 70 duro RMM // JBR 80 duro TMM // JBR RSB // JBR OCC/CV // JBR EGR delete // HTP 3" TIP ATP 3" MAF // Autotech FP INTERNALS // Cobb AP // CS OCC/CV // CS TP // CS STS // WMI // DM TB spacer // FOST INTAKE MANIFOLD // UR Cat back // Forge v2 BPV // Modified OEM pvc plate
Rfinkle2 e85/93 TUNED!

Old 10-04-2016, 04:47 AM   #10383

MD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,017 Posts
Groans: 130
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I wish I could say more but keeping the rpms under 3k for break in that's all I have for now. But it does feel legit
Is that really their break-in instructions? I find that hard to believe.

MD1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-04-2016, 04:50 AM   #10384

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MD1032 View Post
I believe he means no shifting above 3k. No hard slips high rpm makes it easy to slip a lot compared to low rpm.
Rfinkle2 e85/93 TUNED!

Old 10-04-2016, 04:54 AM   #10385

Not Ranked  0 score     

How was the fitment with the bell housing? Some people report a small amount of grinding was needed due to variations in the cast of the tranny.

Do you have the old style or the new style slave cylinder? The red boot is flush with the mounting bolt with the old one. The new one has some space between the bolt and red cap. Some of the old slaves pop.

South bend clitch reccomends 118ft.lbs on there FW with oem bolts or did you use the arp upgraded FW bokts with the extra threads?

Honestly I don't recall. From my research if it was going to pop, it would have done it relatively quick. Mine is a 2012, so I believe I have the new one. I could be wrong. I replaced the bolts with the new oem ones supplied by Edgeauto

Edit: to answer your question on the bell housing; I contacted edge about the bell housing issues in the past. They said that the earlier problems have been addressed. But I believe there was still a small amount of contact. Nothing major though. It wasn't a loud noise, just noticeable for about a minute

Says to drive "normal", keeping rpms under 3k. Do you have a different experience?

Last edited by Jonb82; 10-04-2016 at 04:58 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
5doorsoffury (10-04-2016)
 Old 10-04-2016, 05:32 AM   #10386

MD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Says to drive "normal", keeping rpms under 3k. Do you have a different experience?
I haven't had to break in an organic disc in like 10 years since I had one of my Civics. I don't remember doing anything other than driving gently for the first 200 miles or so (which is like a day for me). I just don't get why they limit the RPM's. You can accelerate past 3k and still engage the clutch gently.

How stiff is it compared to stock would you say roughly?

Old 10-04-2016, 06:07 AM   #10387

anavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,440 Times in 1,974 Posts
Groans: 63
Groaned at 43 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had one of those. Note the key word "had". Got it for when I did the clutch in the jeep and it was next to worthless. It held the trans and transfer case but just barely. The ratchet strap didn't do shit except flex the support plate, the raise/lower mechanism only worked if someone was holding the thing still and helping to push up or down on the assembly depending on which direction your were going.

On the other hand it made for an excellent rolling stool until I threw it away when I moved. It made a very satisfying bang as it hit the floor or the apartment complex compacting dumpster.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
anavrinIV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to anavrinIV For This Useful Post:
galens47 (10-07-2016)
 Old 10-04-2016, 06:36 AM   #10388

Not Ranked  0 score     

I haven't had to break in an organic disc in like 10 years since I had one of my Civics. I don't remember doing anything other than driving gently for the first 200 miles or so (which is like a day for me). I just don't get why they limit the RPM's. You can accelerate past 3k and still engage the clutch gently.

How stiff is it compared to stock would you say roughly?

A little stiffer, but they say it gets better after a while. It's not too stiff. I actually love it and prefer the extra pressure compared to the stocker

Originally Posted by anavrinIV View Post
I had one of those. Note the key word "had". Got it for when I did the clutch in the jeep and it was next to worthless. It held the trans and transfer case but just barely. The ratchet strap didn't do shit except flex the support plate, the raise/lower mechanism only worked if someone was holding the thing still and helping to push up or down on the assembly depending on which direction your were going.

On the other hand it made for an excellent rolling stool until I threw it away when I moved. It made a very satisfying bang as it hit the floor or the apartment complex compacting dumpster.

This one did its job. To tilt the tranny we had to place another jack where the diff is to tilt it into place. It's a cheap jack, but worked

Last edited by Jonb82; 10-04-2016 at 06:36 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 10-04-2016, 07:01 AM   #10389

anavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,440 Times in 1,974 Posts
Groans: 63
Groaned at 43 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This one did its job. To tilt the tranny we had to place another jack where the diff is to tilt it into place. It's a cheap jack, but worked
I didn't have one of those at the time but I do now, a 15 year old craftsman one that's currently holding the heavy parts of a bike.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
anavrinIV is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-06-2016, 02:07 PM   #10390

Yatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,273 Times in 640 Posts
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Still experimenting with the Supercap/LiFePO4 battery, did about 6 start/stop cycles last night over the course of 1.5 hours (kid juggling and a gas station stop) car jumped to life on each start, lights bright and voltage settled down to 13.75-13.9 after start... I will need to remove it to repackage it (not happy with the posts, will need to find remote post kit) but the entire assembly is below my 10 lb goal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9853.JPG (2.16 MB, 33 views)
mods: \\// AT HPFP // AccessPort // CS S2 TIP, SRI and TMIC // CPe S2 RMM // Synapse BPV // Mazda gutted secondary cat // S-OTS+ 91S2 // HKS TP DLi II // Wilwood DP6 13” brakes // TCE 2 piece rear rotors // Maxwell SuperCap/LiFePO4 cell \\//

waiting for install: \\// CPE Catted DP // CS Battery Box // Devils Own Meth kit // H&R Coilovers \\//
Yatta is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-06-2016, 05:25 PM   #10391

follman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Spent all day with the serpentine belt. Wtf. What a pain in the dick. Couldn't hold the tensioner and put the new belt on. Had to keep working the tensioner so this happened

Thank God pep boys had a replacement. And this one has the added 15mm nub to turn the tensioner....still not enough hands so I had to make it work
New tensioner has a composite pulley (wtf) so I'll change that with the OEM one eventually.
At least I had good help at the end...

Sent using the long dick of the law

Just the beginning....
CS RMM & PMM Inserts, Sure SRI, CS SSP, JBR TIP, HKS SQV2, CS Solid Shifter Bushings, Custom Racepipe, Darth Vader Shift Knob
follman8r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to follman8r For This Useful Post:
galens47 (10-07-2016), JDR767 (10-10-2016), KiwiFlavor (10-07-2016)
 Old 10-10-2016, 08:53 AM   #10392

JDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 12
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by follman8r View Post
Spent all day with the serpentine belt. Wtf. What a pain in the dick. Couldn't hold the tensioner and put the new belt on. Had to keep working the tensioner so this happened.

Sent using the long dick of the law
Getting that belt on is a PITA for sure, scraped the shit out of my hands when I did it last winter.
follman8r likes this.
 Old 10-10-2016, 09:35 AM   #10393

Not Ranked  0 score     

Temporarily "fixed" a leaking CV joint. When I was getting an alignment mechanic said duct tape wouldn't work, so I used gorilla tape. For some fucking reason Mazda doesn't have a passenger side outer boot. You have to by the axle

Old 10-10-2016, 10:45 AM   #10394

Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed a replacement tire to correct a tire pull issue.

The car still pulls to the right... No pull prior to the install of the new tires.

What should I inspect for a possible cause? The tire shop checked the alignment and said it was fine and even on both sides (but did not provide a printout). The car is dangerous to drive above 60.

2003 A4 1.8TQ
 Old 10-10-2016, 11:53 AM   #10395

Not Ranked  0 score     

That sounds like an alignment problem to me unless your tires were obviously fucked. Get the printout from the alignment machine and post it here.

The Following User Says Thank You to MD1032 For This Useful Post:
texasboy21 (10-11-2016)
 Old 10-10-2016, 12:03 PM   #10396

JDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed some new front rotors and pads Saturday, how exciting!

Old 10-10-2016, 12:21 PM   #10397

Not Ranked  0 score     

The shininess of your axle and axle nut is disturbing.

The Following User Says Thank You to MD1032 For This Useful Post:
KiwiFlavor (10-15-2016)
 Old 10-10-2016, 01:03 PM   #10398

knocturnal has disabled reputation
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

lol gotta love that southern weather

Mods:
JBR Tru-3.0" Aluminum Intake // Devils Own WMI D05 NOZZLE// JBR DISI Bypass Valve Hose // JBR 70duro RMM // JBR SSB // JBR SSP // JBR Coolant Bypass Kit // JBR EGR Delete Kit // MD TMM // MD PMM // COBB AP V2 // CNT Racing Catless Downpipe // CP-E TMIC // Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust //One Step Colder Denso Plugs // Eibach PRO-kit // MD OCC // Stop Tech Braided Lines // Autotech Internals // Forge BPV V1 // Corksport V2 RSB

Stratified Tuned Stage 2 OTS+
273whp/330wtq

SnailD Tuned on Meth
316whp/359wtq

BNR S4 V2 Install soon
knocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-10-2016, 01:28 PM   #10399

Not Ranked  0 score     

That was about the only clean thing on the car at the time...trust me. And yea no idea why that was so clean, heh.
 Old 10-10-2016, 05:12 PM   #10400

Not Ranked  0 score     

Temporarily "fixed" a leaking CV joint. When I was getting an alignment mechanic said duct tape wouldn't work, so I used gorilla tape. For some fucking reason Mazda doesn't have a passenger side outer boot. You have to by the axle

You do know the moment that mechanic looked behind your tire that tape gave him a legitimate face palm moment followed by head shakeing.... He may have also called over his coworkers to see. I never approve of duct tape for anything unless you have 3 teeth and a 6 pack hanging from your belt. It does suck that the boot ripped. I have been there before. They do sell replacement boots.
how to replace inner and outer CV boots
Rfinkle2 e85/93 TUNED!