register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1887Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-10-2016, 05:32 PM   #10401

Jonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 24 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 5doorsoffury View Post
You do know the moment that mechanic looked behind your tire that tape gave him a legitimate face palm moment followed by head shakeing.... He may have also called over his coworkers to see. I never approve of duct tape for anything unless you have 3 teeth and a 6 pack hanging from your belt. It does suck that the boot ripped. I have been there before. They do sell replacement boots.
how to replace inner and outer CV boots

I highlighted the part that pertains to me in that thread. Again, it's a temporary fix for hopefully a couple months. But thank you for trying to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CS TIP/SRI CS RMM CS Sexy Steering Wheel CS Springs & Struts CS Shirt Throw Shifter CS Shifter Bushings CS TBE CS Boost Tubes CP-e TMIC HKS BOV in resirc DM Vented OCC DM TMM DM PMM DM SSP Autotech Internals Custom E33 Freaktune
Jonb82 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-11-2016, 09:05 PM   #10402

texasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 16 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MD1032 View Post
That sounds like an alignment problem to me unless your tires were obviously fucked. Get the printout from the alignment machine and post it here.
Here is my alignment printout. Only the rear toe was out of spec, however it wasnt 'dialed in' very well. The shop made a few adjustments, and after explaining my situation will allow me to come back in a few days for further adjustments.

So far the car does seem to have less pull, but I have not taken it above 45mph yet so I cannot say for certain.

What adjustment would yall suggest?

2003 A4 1.8TQ
APR stg2+, MTM 420cc injectors, EuroCode FMIC, PSi testpipe, Techtonics Tuning downpipe, Forge TIP, Hyperboost DV, 240mm clutch, LWFW flywheel, B5S4 calipers, Goodridge SS lines, Stern snub, motor and transmission mounts, Powerflex rear diff bushing, 034MotorSports rear diff. carrier bushing inserts, JHM SS shifter, solid linkage, stabilizer bushing and weighted knob, Vogtland Jr. Cup Kit, B7 RS4 front and rear sway bars.
texasboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-13-2016, 06:49 AM   #10403

Hamrick_ms3 has a spectacular aura aboutHamrick_ms3 has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bought myself some new stock wheels from a buddy.. A local tire shop here in Knoxville wallowed out all 4 of my wheels... 😪
Hamrick_ms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-13-2016, 02:52 PM   #10404

knocturnal has disabled reputation
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed the Beltronics STI Magnum for these Virginia Streets

Mods:
BNR S4 V2 // XS Power Manifold V3 // JBR Tru-3.0" Aluminum Intake // Devils Own WMI D10 NOZZLE// JBR DISI Bypass Valve Hose // JBR 70duro RMM // JBR SSB // JBR SSP // JBR Coolant Bypass Kit // DM EGR Full Delete Kit // DM TMM // DM PMM // COBB AP V2 // CNT Racing Catless Downpipe // CP-E TMIC // CP-E Injector Seals // SP63 Valve Cover Breather // Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust //One Step Colder NGK Plugs // Bosch 3bar Map sensor // Grimmspeed EBCS // MD OCC // MD PCV Plate // Stop Tech Braided Lines // Autotech Internals // Forge BPV V1 // Corksport V2 RSB // Eibach PRO-kit

Stratified Tuned Stage 2 OTS+
273whp/330wtq

SnailD Tuned on Meth
316whp/359wtq

Purple Drank Tuned BNR S4 V2 and 100%Meth
412whp/373wtq

knocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-14-2016, 09:38 PM   #10405

follman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Stage 2 ftw. Installed internals (took 30 min) then snapped and cut off the upper flange bolts and spent 3hrs trying to get it off and another hr installing the $7.99 test pipe my buddy welded up.

Sent using the long dick of the law

Just the beginning....
CS RMM & PMM Inserts, Sure SRI, CS SSP, JBR TIP, HKS SQV2, CS Solid Shifter Bushings, Custom Racepipe, Darth Vader Shift Knob
follman8r is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-14-2016, 11:49 PM   #10406

ToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

I snapped the bolts to the down pipe as well. I was able to drill the bolts out with cobalt drill bits. I caught a piece of molten metal behind my safety glasses on my lower eyelid. It's been a week, but I'm almost healed. Waiting on a tune revision.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (2.02 MB, 40 views)
Rice: RallyArmor, Morimoto XB LED Fogs, VLeds Triton Reverse Lights, Redline boots and armrest cover, Maisonvi shift knob.
Audio: Pioneer AVIC-7100NEX
ToyCop is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-15-2016, 05:19 AM   #10407

follman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ToyCop View Post
I snapped the bolts to the down pipe as well. I was able to drill the bolts out with cobalt drill bits. I caught a piece of molten metal behind my safety glasses on my lower eyelid. It's been a week, but I'm almost healed. Waiting on a tune revision.
Damn bro. I got lucky I guess. One if the welded nuts snapped and the other had enough bolt in it that I could break it off.

Just the beginning....
CS RMM & PMM Inserts, Sure SRI, CS SSP, JBR TIP, HKS SQV2, CS Solid Shifter Bushings, Custom Racepipe, Darth Vader Shift Knob
 Old 10-15-2016, 06:56 PM   #10408

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Not my ride, but might use it on it sometime

Lady at work had a garage sale and her husband was selling a 3000lbs engine hoist. I think that added at least 20 hp to my ride
 Old 10-16-2016, 09:59 AM   #10409

Jakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed new front sway bar bushings. No more clunk clunk badunk.
 Old 10-16-2016, 11:48 AM   #10410

Orangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jakeypoo View Post
Installed new front sway bar bushings. No more clunk clunk badunk.
Which way did you do it and how long did it take you?
JBR SSB, CX piping with TR6, DM OCC

Dizzy Tuned

" I just don't need a stage 6, 16 puck, teflon diamond plated clutch that can snap a femur downshifting." -Raider
Orangatang is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-16-2016, 12:26 PM   #10411

Jakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Orangatang View Post
Which way did you do it and how long did it take you?

SURE bushings. I only removed the chassis brace and it took about an 1.5 hours on ramps. No issues.
 Old 10-21-2016, 08:12 AM   #10412

SnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Not today, but in the past few weeks I have upgraded to full Damond trilogy mounts (amazing), swapped out my HPFP hard line after I discovered a pin hole leak spraying fuel ALL OVER my hot ass engine bay (not so amazing), and swapped out my M2 ebay dp for a C(u)NT dp (utterly miserable process)...

Mounts went in easy-peasy. HPFP hardline, easy-peasy. C(u)NT dp required significant grinding away of the cast bellmouth section along the axis of the lower, rear dp flange stud since there was so much material that I couldn't even thread a nut on there AFTER I removed the shoulder flange from the base of it. Finally got enough material removed that I was able to get the modified nut on the stud and get it all tightened up.
Cobb AP
HTP 3" Intake
C(u)NT 3" Catless Downpipe
JBR OCC, EGR delete, Under Engine Piping
Treadstone TR6 FMIC and brackets
Damond RMM, PMM, TMM
JBR SSP & BUSHINGS
Autotech HPFP Internals
AESTHETIC-
DIY Mudflaps, DDM 55W HL/35W FL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SnailSpeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-21-2016, 08:16 AM   #10413

greez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant future
Groaned at 12 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

On wednesday I had to replace my two front tires. The inside tread was worn down on my potenza RE970's so I replaced them with the same pair from America's Tire. Car now rides like a champ again and is not pulling to right anymore.

Cobb SRI/TIH | Cobb XLE BPV | Cobb Accessport V2
Hawk HPS Pads | CorskSport RMM & TMM Inserts
KMD V3 HPFP Internals | Freektuned
greez is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-21-2016, 10:40 AM   #10414

texasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 16 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SnailSpeed3 View Post
Not today, but in the past few weeks I have upgraded to full Damond trilogy mounts (amazing), swapped out my HPFP hard line after I discovered a pin hole leak spraying fuel ALL OVER my hot ass engine bay (not so amazing), and swapped out my M2 ebay dp for a C(u)NT dp (utterly miserable process)...

Mounts went in easy-peasy. HPFP hardline, easy-peasy. C(u)NT dp required significant grinding away of the cast bellmouth section along the axis of the lower, rear dp flange stud since there was so much material that I couldn't even thread a nut on there AFTER I removed the shoulder flange from the base of it. Finally got enough material removed that I was able to get the modified nut on the stud and get it all tightened up.
What was wrong with the M2 ebay DP?

2003 A4 1.8TQ
APR stg2+, MTM 420cc injectors, EuroCode FMIC, PSi testpipe, Techtonics Tuning downpipe, Forge TIP, Hyperboost DV, 240mm clutch, LWFW flywheel, B5S4 calipers, Goodridge SS lines, Stern snub, motor and transmission mounts, Powerflex rear diff bushing, 034MotorSports rear diff. carrier bushing inserts, JHM SS shifter, solid linkage, stabilizer bushing and weighted knob, Vogtland Jr. Cup Kit, B7 RS4 front and rear sway bars.
texasboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-22-2016, 11:10 AM   #10415

tmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the world
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SnailSpeed3 View Post

My hpfp hard line did the same thing.
Took like 3 weeks to finally find the damn pin hole leak.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk
 Old 10-22-2016, 04:49 PM   #10416

ToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

A small project.

zjnspeed3 likes this.
Rice: RallyArmor, Morimoto XB LED Fogs, VLeds Triton Reverse Lights, Redline boots and armrest cover, Maisonvi shift knob.
Audio: Pioneer AVIC-7100NEX
ToyCop is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-24-2016, 07:14 AM   #10417

SnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSnailSpeed3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by texasboy21 View Post
What was wrong with the M2 ebay DP?
Welds cracked right at the turbo flange...

Originally Posted by tmillner View Post
My hpfp hard line did the same thing.
Took like 3 weeks to finally find the damn pin hole leak.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk
Yeah I drove around for 3 or 4 days with a faint odor of fuel (but I had been working around the exhaust the day before and sprayed penetrating oil so I though maybe it was that burning off) and then toward the end of day 4 the car was rough to start, and REEKED like fuel, so I finally figured I'd peek under the hood to see what's up. Lo and behold, I saw fuel being squirted all over my intake and EGR valve area. Luckily, the pinhole was not facing the exhaust mani or it could have ended MUCH worse! As soon as I saw the fuel spitting out though, I called up my buddy who's a mazda tech and had him overnight a replacement hardline for me.
texasboy21 likes this.
Cobb AP
HTP 3" Intake
C(u)NT 3" Catless Downpipe
JBR OCC, EGR delete, Under Engine Piping
Treadstone TR6 FMIC and brackets
Damond RMM, PMM, TMM
JBR SSP & BUSHINGS
Autotech HPFP Internals
AESTHETIC-
DIY Mudflaps, DDM 55W HL/35W FL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SnailSpeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-24-2016, 07:19 AM   #10418

PurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Over the weekend installed SB st.3 clutch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161022_130031.jpg (1.19 MB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1477158751287.jpg (537.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1477158922113.jpg (410.8 KB, 31 views)
Jonb82 likes this.
CNT Catback
JBR 88 RMM DM PMM and TMM
3 port, Turbosmart dual port
FReaktune E33
PurplFox is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-24-2016, 07:41 AM   #10419

RazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Buddy and I washed and waxed my car and almost at the finish line, it started to rain, but we got some good beading action going in. Also installed my CP-E delta core TMIC and did a few freeway pulls, monitoring fuel pressure. I recently had my injectors rebuilt and valves cleaned, so it ran like a champ.

Finally we pulled out and fixed my buddy's boost control solenoid with some JB weld while he searches for a non-broken one.

-2008 Mazdaspeed3
Corksport Stage II SRI - boost tubes - BPV / CP-E: Delta TMIC - helihose kit / JBR Solid shifter cage bushings - Reverse gate lockout plate / COBB cold air box / Pokeball shift knob / Cleared out OEM tails / Yellow fog film / JDM Axela badge / Lexus GS300 Dual horns / Optima yellow top
LEDs: 2016 Toyota Corolla LED Projector conversion / VX3 fogs / V3 Triton brakes / HVA rear signals / 6K HO Reverse lights / Rear LED reflectors / VLEDs Circuit board license plate lights / black switchbacks / all interior lighting
RazoE is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-24-2016, 08:24 AM   #10420

Jonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by PurplFox View Post
Over the weekend installed SB st.3 clutch.

I have about 1,500 mikes on mine. You're going to love it after it gets broken in

CS TIP/SRI CS RMM CS Sexy Steering Wheel CS Springs & Struts CS Shirt Throw Shifter CS Shifter Bushings CS TBE CS Boost Tubes CP-e TMIC HKS BOV in resirc DM Vented OCC DM TMM DM PMM DM SSP Autotech Internals Custom E33 Freaktune
 Old 10-24-2016, 07:04 PM   #10421

alden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed koni orange struts and shocks, new top hats and strut bearings, as well as end links! However, the annoying clunking that i assumed was the endlinks, still persists. Now to do more trouble shooting.
alden is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-26-2016, 11:38 PM   #10422

PapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the world
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bought the Go Fast Bits Dual Port BOV from @EdgeAutosport.com yesterday. Paid for 2-day shipping, but as always, their CS team kicks serious ass and it wound up arriving today. Talk about FAST!!!

It's been close to a year since I've been able to add anything to the car, so I was refreshing the UPS page and racing down to the front door to see if it had arrived like every 30 minutes throughout the day. Super easy install - took about 15min from unpacking to installed and ready-to-rock.
I still have to play around with the spring pre-load settings a bit, but seems to hold boost pretty damn well. Granted, I've only had a chance to drive around with it this evening for about 30 minutes. Ran it 50/50 and full recirc (to and from). It's currently in full recirc. I'll play around with it more this weekend. But not on Sunday.

For my B-Day the GF got me a 6-lap autocross session in a Ferrari 360 Modena, Lamborghini Gallardo, or Porsche 911 Turbo. So Sunday we're heading down to Stockton and I'm gonna drive me a Ferrari!

Anyhow, enough from me. Hope everyone has been doing well. I'll get some sound clips posted soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Go Fast Bits-Dual Port BOV 1.jpg (434.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Go Fast Bits-Dual Port BOV 2.jpg (376.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Go Fast Bits-Dual Port BOV 3.jpg (353.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Go Fast Bits-Dual Port BOV 4.jpg (323.1 KB, 24 views)
JBR 88 Durometer RMM, Autotech HPFP Internals, COBB Accessport V3, CS Hood Strut Kit, CS Underhood LED Kit, CS Eyelids (painted), BFG CS2s with JBR 5mm spacers, Password JDM Gurney Flap, FREEKTUNE e-Tune, Full Race FMIC, RÄZO RA138 Shift Knob, RÄZO 270mm Convex Rear View Mirror, Rally Armor Limited Ed. Flaps, JBR Stage 2 Short Shifter, NGK One Step Colder Plugs, Ultimate Racing: V3 Down Pipe (w/ Metal Substrate Core), Straight Test Pipe, and CBE, Go Fast Bits Respons TMS Blowoff Valve, CS Injector Seals, DM Stage 1 OCC + VTA, DM EGR Delete Kit, DM PMM, HTP 3.5" Intake, BNR S4, Grimmspeed EBCS, CS 3.5 Bar MAP, Prosport 52"mm Premium Evo Boost Gauge, RÄZO RP81 and RP85 Sports Competition Pedals
PapaBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-27-2016, 04:30 AM   #10423

PurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jonb82 View Post
I have about 1,500 mikes on mine. You're going to love it after it gets broken in

How long did you run it before wide open. A sheet inside said to do 300-400 miles, I'm a 300 today.
CNT Catback
FReaktune E33
 Old 10-27-2016, 04:33 AM   #10424
Tachyonic Moderator

MS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,669 Times in 1,874 Posts
Groans: 261
Groaned at 20 Times in 16 Posts

@PapaBruno; that's what I'm using, I'm on 100% VTA and it's pretty fun. I also figured out it needs a bit of pre load.

sent from my Pixel XL
PapaBruno likes this.
BNR S4, XSPower v3 Exhaust Manifold w/ Tial 44mm EWG Cobb accessport V3, Dizzy Tune in progress CP-e stage2 rmm, tmic, hpfp JBR boost tubes, Tru-3.5in Intake inside a Corksport Cold Air Box, Catless Downpipe & Racepipe, bypass hose, hood scoop, BPV, hood struts, stubby antenna, Aluminum Skid Plate, EBCS, 3.5BAR MAP Sensor, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust DM Full EGR Delete, Passenger Motor Mount, Transmission Motor Mount., Coolant Bypass, VTCS Delete, NGK ILTR6A-7G ,G-LOC R6 Brake pads and Centric High Carbon brake rotors Looks: 25% tint front, 5% back, Heat-blocking front windshield film Escort Passport Max360, RGBW Halos/Demon Eyes 20'' LED Light bar

Use my Updated Custom Google Search to search this forum since the advanced search here is broken
MS3Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-27-2016, 04:42 AM   #10425

Not Ranked  0 score     

I want to go full vta, but no funds for guardian
CNT Catback
FReaktune E33
 Old 10-27-2016, 05:30 AM   #10426
Tachyonic Moderator

MS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the world

I want to go full vta, but no funds for guardian
why would you need an guardian? i been VTA for an while. the only difference is my shifts are a bit rich.

i haven't tried turbo smart dual port, so it might be different than the GFB.
BNR S4, XSPower v3 Exhaust Manifold w/ Tial 44mm EWG Cobb accessport V3, Dizzy Tune in progress CP-e stage2 rmm, tmic, hpfp JBR boost tubes, Tru-3.5in Intake inside a Corksport Cold Air Box, Catless Downpipe & Racepipe, bypass hose, hood scoop, BPV, hood struts, stubby antenna, Aluminum Skid Plate, EBCS, 3.5BAR MAP Sensor, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust DM Full EGR Delete, Passenger Motor Mount, Transmission Motor Mount., Coolant Bypass, VTCS Delete, NGK ILTR6A-7G ,G-LOC R6 Brake pads and Centric High Carbon brake rotors Looks: 25% tint front, 5% back, Heat-blocking front windshield film Escort Passport Max360, RGBW Halos/Demon Eyes 20'' LED Light bar

Use my Updated Custom Google Search to search this forum since the advanced search here is broken
 Old 10-27-2016, 05:33 AM   #10427

Not Ranked  0 score     

How long did you run it before wide open. A sheet inside said to do 300-400 miles, I'm a 300 today.

I waited until about 750 just to be safe. I do not like pulling the tranny more than once.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:29 AM   #10428

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MS3Shadow View Post
why would you need an guardian? i been VTA for an while. the only difference is my shifts are a bit rich.

i haven't tried turbo smart dual port, so it might be different than the GFB.
I guess it would work. turn it around and block the high port. the turbo smart has the atmosphere vent slightly higher than the return side.

Rich shifts = fire!
CNT Catback
FReaktune E33
 Old 10-27-2016, 06:49 AM   #10429
Tachyonic Moderator

I guess it would work. turn it around and block the high port. the turbo smart has the atmosphere vent slightly higher than the return side.

Rich shifts = fire!
i don't know how you change from recirc to vta on an turbosmart. but my GFB is still connected to the recirc hose and i just an dial on the device to adjust the venting/recirc.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:52 AM   #10430

Not Ranked  0 score     

Id have to put a plug on the recirc side. and plug the hose. i have all the goodies to do so. I have a super old GFB dual port but its not adjustable which sucks
CNT Catback
FReaktune E33
 Old 10-27-2016, 06:58 AM   #10431
Tachyonic Moderator

Id have to put a plug on the recirc side. and plug the hose. i have all the goodies to do so. I have a super old GFB dual port but its not adjustable which sucks
that's not convenient. maybe you should sell that one and upgrade to GFB. they even have one you can adjust the ratio while inside the car.

Old 10-27-2016, 07:00 AM   #10432

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ehh, if i go full vta, screw it i probably wont go back. I should have stuck with the GFB, but i was being a cheap ass.
CNT Catback
FReaktune E33
 Old 10-27-2016, 08:44 AM   #10433

Not Ranked  0 score     

I've been running full VTA since July ish with backfires galore 👍I've also had my recirc plugged with a D cell battery.....

Just the beginning....
 Old 10-27-2016, 08:47 AM   #10434

Not Ranked  0 score     

Please dont call it a backfire, your turbo will hate you.

Afterfire!

Like the d cell idea.
CNT Catback
FReaktune E33
 Old 10-27-2016, 08:59 AM   #10435

Not Ranked  0 score     

@PurplFox; Yeah. That. First turbo car.

Actually got the D cell idea from here haha I really need to fix it though. It was only meant to be temporary.... 10k miles later...

Just the beginning....
 Old 10-27-2016, 09:03 AM   #10436
Tachyonic Moderator

Originally Posted by follman8r View Post
@PurplFox; Yeah. That. First turbo car.

Actually got the D cell idea from here haha I really need to fix it though. It was only meant to be temporary.... 10k miles later...

BACKFIRE:

A backfire is an explosion that's created by an engine that occurs in the air intake system rather than inside the combustion chamber where it is normally supposed to happen. Fuel and some unburned hydrocarbons are ignited somewhere in the intake prior to making it into the combustion chamber or somehow gets blown back past the intake valves. This condition causes a looud abrubt popping noise and will cause loss of power and forward motion and can and will damage the intake tract or possible other parts IE- turbo, sensors, and etc. A backfire is a separate phenomenon from an Afterfire.

WHAT CAUSES A BACKFIRE?
Backfires can occur when running too far of advanced timing, running cams with a massive overlap and having the car not tuned properly for the application as well as just having mechanical valve failure, IE- somehow the valve timing is thrown off or the valves arent seating properly and fuel is push back up past the intake valve during ignition. While there can be more things that cause a backfire, these are just a few.

AFTERFIRE:
An Afterfire, sometimes called Afterburn, is an audible popping sound, individual or multiple that often occurs when the fuel/air mixture is too rich or has a momentary instance of a rich condition. This pop at times can and do resemble small caliber firearms going off. Afterfire occur in the exhaust system post turbo or post engine typically.

WHAT CAUSES AN AFTERFIRE: Richer fuel mixtures are also slow burning. This results in the exhaust gases to have some amount unburned fuel passed on to it as it exits the engine. As it exits the engine, that unburned fuel and any air leftover from combustion mixes and ignites somewhere in the exhaust. Afterfire's are more common where long exhaust ducting retains greater amounts of unburned fuel due to rich fuel mixtures. Afterfiring can also be caused by cylinders which are not firing because of faulty spark plugs, defective fuel injector nozzles, or incorrect valve clearance

Of the two phenomenon's a true backfire is not something any car modder wants to happen. especially a nitrous backfire. An Afterfire is normal and ever vehicle does it to some extent. more pronounced when dealing with higher flowing and free flowing exhaust. but they are common and typically do not pose any immediate threat to the engine and surrounding parts.
AwAfrican likes this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MS3Shadow For This Useful Post:
AwAfrican (11-01-2016), PapaBruno (10-28-2016)
 Old 10-27-2016, 09:26 AM   #10437

Not Ranked  0 score     

@MS3Shadow; 😦 really. I've been referring to a backfire and "backfire up through the carburetor" as two separate things for the better part of 15 years.... I was always under the impression that when a car backfired it was unburnt fuel igniting in the exhaust... Mind. Blown.

Just the beginning....
 Old 10-28-2016, 05:06 PM   #10438

knocturnal has disabled reputation
Not Ranked  0 score     

I failed at vinyl wrapping my roof so I went on to install Rally Armor Mudflaps

Mods:
BNR S4 V2 // XS Power Manifold V3 // JBR Tru-3.0" Aluminum Intake // Devils Own WMI D10 NOZZLE// JBR DISI Bypass Valve Hose // JBR 70duro RMM // JBR SSB // JBR SSP // JBR Coolant Bypass Kit // DM EGR Full Delete Kit // DM TMM // DM PMM // COBB AP V2 // CNT Racing Catless Downpipe // CP-E TMIC // CP-E Injector Seals // SP63 Valve Cover Breather // Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust //One Step Colder NGK Plugs // Bosch 3bar Map sensor // Grimmspeed EBCS // MD OCC // MD PCV Plate // Stop Tech Braided Lines // Autotech Internals // Forge BPV V1 // Corksport V2 RSB // Eibach PRO-kit

Stratified Tuned Stage 2 OTS+
273whp/330wtq

SnailD Tuned on Meth
316whp/359wtq

Purple Drank Tuned BNR S4 V2 and 100%Meth
412whp/373wtq

knocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-28-2016, 07:40 PM   #10439

tmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the world
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by knocturnal View Post
I failed at vinyl wrapping my roof so I went on to install Rally Armor Mudflaps
Interested to hear about the fail as I'm going to attempt this soon

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
 Old 10-28-2016, 09:46 PM   #10440

mazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by tmillner View Post
Interested to hear about the fail as I'm going to attempt this soon

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I did mine. It's time consuming, but doable. It's better to have a friend around to help you set the vinyl.

mazdaspeedmyk is offline   Reply With Quote