register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1684Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-13-2016, 10:41 AM   #10481

AveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Girlfriend got me the Gen 2 CS wheel for my birthday. Installed it late Friday night. God damn it makes the car feel much more upscale.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0182.JPG (195.0 KB, 78 views)

2012 MS3 w/Tech Package

A/T Internals-V3 Accessport-CS Stage 2 Intake/TIP-CS Catless Racepipe/CFM RMM
CORKSPORT SSP and bushings/Koni STR.Ts with Corksport Springs/17x7.5 Konig Control/225/45/17 Continental DW
AveryPlaysBass is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #10482

StevenPThomas is a splendid one to beholdStevenPThomas is a splendid one to beholdStevenPThomas is a splendid one to beholdStevenPThomas is a splendid one to beholdStevenPThomas is a splendid one to beholdStevenPThomas is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jonb82 View Post
What eyelids are those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corksport. I did the color match paint myself.

Jonb82 likes this.
StevenPThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-13-2016, 02:25 PM   #10483

Dedlyvirus will become famous soon enoughDedlyvirus will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I finally pulled the fuel pump to see what internals were in there. I think the car has autotech internals, based on pictures I've seen comparing the different ones. Can anyone confirm this or help me out with identifying them? I didn't remove the internals from the pump because I thought I had an 18mm deep socket, but apparently I don't.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1610.JPG (1.99 MB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1611.JPG (1.77 MB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1612.JPG (1.69 MB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1613.JPG (1.48 MB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1614.JPG (1.63 MB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1615.JPG (1.61 MB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1616.JPG (1.62 MB, 43 views)
Dedlyvirus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-13-2016, 02:29 PM   #10484

follman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dedlyvirus View Post
I finally pulled the fuel pump to see what internals were in there. I think the car has autotech internals, based on pictures I've seen comparing the different ones. Can anyone confirm this or help me out with identifying them? I didn't remove the internals from the pump because I thought I had an 18mm deep socket, but apparently I don't.
Well they arent factory so what does it matter?

FWIW They looks like autotechs though

Sent using the long dick of the law

"You know what to do."
"Yeah dad, drive fast and take chances"
"And watch the side roads"

Just the beginning....
CS RMM Inserts, Sure SRI, CS SSP, JBR TIP, HKS SQV2, CS Solid Shifter Bushings, Cobra Radar Detector, Resonator Delete
follman8r is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-13-2016, 02:33 PM   #10485

Dedlyvirus will become famous soon enoughDedlyvirus will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by follman8r View Post
Well they arent factory so what does it matter?

FWIW They looks like autotechs though

Yeah that's true. I wanted to see what was in there before I ordered something that I don't need to order.
 Old 11-13-2016, 02:36 PM   #10486

follman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah that's true. I wanted to see what was in there before I ordered something that I don't need to order.
I guess if you have always had them it would be tough to tell the difference. Mine couldnt handle a stage 1 OTS map without an upgrade...

"You know what to do."

Just the beginning....
CS RMM Inserts, Sure SRI, CS SSP, JBR TIP, HKS SQV2, CS Solid Shifter Bushings, Cobra Radar Detector, Resonator Delete
 Old 11-13-2016, 02:43 PM   #10487

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by follman8r View Post
I guess if you have always had them it would be tough to tell the difference. Mine couldnt handle a stage 1 OTS map without an upgrade...

I've only had the car for like 2 1/2 weeks. I got an AP and did a stage 1 OTS map which says you can do that with a stock car, and did some datalogs. I specifically wanted to see what the HPFP actual pressure was, and I thought it was pretty good (not going under 1600psi at WOT), but the car is stock otherwise (stock intake, stock exhaust, etc.). I was told the only way to know for sure, was to pull 'em and look.
 Old 11-13-2016, 02:49 PM   #10488

Not Ranked  0 score     

I've only had the car for like 2 1/2 weeks. I got an AP and did a stage 1 OTS map which says you can do that with a stock car, and did some datalogs. I specifically wanted to see what the HPFP actual pressure was, and I thought it was pretty good (not going under 1600psi at WOT), but the car is stock otherwise (stock intake, stock exhaust, etc.). I was told the only way to know for sure, was to pull 'em and look.
Yeah I was running a full intake with stage 1 tune and it kept falling on its face. I was watching Hpfp pressure and it hit 700psi at one point I guess the stock intake must now flow enough...

"You know what to do."

Just the beginning....
 Old 11-13-2016, 07:21 PM   #10489

spada has a spectacular aura aboutspada has a spectacular aura aboutspada has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Replaced rear brake rotors and pads.
Removed leaking loud catalytic converter and replaced it with a test pipe.
spada is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-14-2016, 09:09 AM   #10490

Db09ms3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just installed Sachs struts and shocks over the weekend. Settled with new Oreilly strut top hat mounts and bearing. Bump stops were fucked so that was replaced with Moog stops and bellows.

What I learned: DO NOT SPREAD THE STRUT TO KNUCKLE MOUNT TOO FAR! Took forever to bolt it together. C-clamp method did not work too well so I smacked it with a BFH and ratcheted it in at the same time the blows hit. Driver side went easier.
Db09ms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-14-2016, 10:30 AM   #10491

AwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I finally pulled the fuel pump to see what internals were in there. I think the car has autotech internals, based on pictures I've seen comparing the different ones..
Could be auto techs but without actually seeing the piston I'm not willing to confirm, the big end of the piston will say what they are. I believe kmd use a similar locking mechanism as the AT, so I'd pull that spring off (properly) and have a look at the piston
AwAfrican is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AwAfrican For This Useful Post:
Vansquish (11-20-2016), Varomnia (11-19-2016)
 Old 11-14-2016, 11:10 AM   #10492

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by AwAfrican View Post
Could be auto techs but without actually seeing the piston I'm not willing to confirm, the big end of the piston will say what they are. I believe kmd use a similar locking mechanism as the AT, so I'd pull that spring off (properly) and have a look at the piston
KMD does have the same locking mechanism but the finish on the Piston is different

Pardon the CS box. Its just what they came in.

"You know what to do."

Just the beginning....
 Old 11-14-2016, 09:54 PM   #10493

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by AwAfrican View Post
My biggest concern was if they were stock internals or not. I would have taken the internals out of the pump, but I didn't have an 18mm socket like I thought I did. So, I just hoped I could take a bunch of pictures and hopefully someone could confirm if they were stock or not. One day, when I have the right tool, I'll take them back out and re-inspect.
 Old 11-14-2016, 10:10 PM   #10494

Not Ranked  0 score     

My biggest concern was if they were stock internals or not. I would have taken the internals out of the pump, but I didn't have an 18mm socket like I thought I did. So, I just hoped I could take a bunch of pictures and hopefully someone could confirm if they were stock or not. One day, when I have the right tool, I'll take them back out and re-inspect.

This is from my install day. KMD internals are in the pump.

"You know what to do."

Just the beginning....
 Old 11-19-2016, 08:31 PM   #10495

Prodigalson is a splendid one to beholdProdigalson is a splendid one to beholdProdigalson is a splendid one to beholdProdigalson is a splendid one to beholdProdigalson is a splendid one to beholdProdigalson is a splendid one to beholdProdigalson is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got my MS3 professionally detailed today, then brought it home and changed the engine oil and filter. Saw that the forward part of the inner fender liner that is supposed to cover the fog light area is missing. Plan to order a replacement inner fender liner.
Prodigalson is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-19-2016, 11:07 PM   #10496

Varomnia is a splendid one to beholdVaromnia is a splendid one to beholdVaromnia is a splendid one to beholdVaromnia is a splendid one to beholdVaromnia is a splendid one to beholdVaromnia is a splendid one to beholdVaromnia is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I installed jbr bpv hose and donut gasket that the exhaust shop forgot to use at the end of my dp. I swear, if you want it done right, do it yourself. Sigh
Varomnia is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-20-2016, 09:20 AM   #10497

smurugby12 is the leader of the worldsmurugby12 is the leader of the worldsmurugby12 is the leader of the worldsmurugby12 is the leader of the worldsmurugby12 is the leader of the worldsmurugby12 is the leader of the worldsmurugby12 is the leader of the worldsmurugby12 is the leader of the worldsmurugby12 is the leader of the worldsmurugby12 is the leader of the worldsmurugby12 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

So let me begin by saying that I was pissed, but honestly I am impressed. Fuck dealerships who do my oil changes, Firestone who balance my tires, or the body shop guy who painted my fender. I think I know which of the three did the below, but I will be keeping my eye on my damn RSB brackets anytime I go in for service now.

To make a long story short, last week I noticed clunking, looked under my car and noticed my RSB bracket was broken (pic 4). It dawned on me about 30 minutes later, I installed a Hotchkis RSB bracket about three years ago. Why is there an OEM bracket on my car?! I never took my Hotchkis RSB off, so I can only assume some jackhole took them off my car while being serviced and me, being somewhat oblivious to life's curveballs, most likely drove with OEM brackets for the past 50k miles (judging by the rust).

After inquiring about my brackets to the dealerships and shops last week without luck, I ordered new JBR brackets and Moog endlinks.

Pic 1 is of my setup 3 years ago INCLUDING HOTCHKIS RSB BRACKETS DAMNIT
Pic 2 may help someone. That is how I took off the top nut of the driver side end link. For the passenger side, do the same thing but you'll need to use a normal Hex Allen Wrench instead of the T-Handle type in this picture
pic 3 is of the T handle for the driver side end link nut. It's pretty tight, but it fits.
pic 4, the broken OEM bracket that started this whole mess.

Can't help but laugh now though. Honestly, who steals a bracket?

Edit: At the silver lining, I did have an excuse to buy a dremel to cut off a stubborn rusted end link nut that attached to the RSB. I also sanded and repainted some rusty spots on the RSB.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mazda 1.jpg (148.4 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg Mazda 2.jpg (82.2 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Mazda 3.jpg (76.2 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg Mazda 4.jpg (142.2 KB, 53 views)
smurugby12 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-20-2016, 10:25 AM   #10498

Not Ranked  0 score     

Just installed the CS rear motor mount and bpv hose with one from CS as well. So far so good. While doing said work I found my stock turbo inlet pipe needed tightening as it was already working itself off the turbo. FIXED!
Varomnia likes this.
 Old 11-22-2016, 03:33 PM   #10499

ToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got all of the wiring and tubing squared away on my boost gauge. I went with larger tubing from the BPV line to the boost sensor than what was provided with the gauge. Since the clamps wouldn't be tight enough to hold I slid a portion of the clear tubing onto both ends of the filter and the sending unit. I then cut the clear tubing flush with the opening. The new silicone slipped over pretty tight and the clamps are holding great now. I drilled a hole in the side of my battery box and inserted a small rubber grommet that allows the sending unit to rotate if i need to unplug it for box removal. I used a shortened screw and nut from a computer case fan to tie it all together. I still need to run the illumination wire so the gauge will change color when the lights are on. When my oil sandwich plate gets here I'll hook up the oil pressure gauge.

Varomnia likes this.
Rice: RallyArmor, Morimoto XB LED Fogs, VLeds Triton Reverse Lights, Redline boots and armrest cover, Maisonvi shift knob.
Audio: Pioneer AVIC-7100NEX

Last edited by ToyCop; 11-22-2016 at 07:52 PM.
ToyCop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ToyCop For This Useful Post:
AnimalMother (11-24-2016)
 Old 11-24-2016, 04:26 AM   #10500

ranviper is a jewel in the roughranviper is a jewel in the roughranviper is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Took off the summer evo wheels...

Then took it plowing...
ranviper is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-24-2016, 01:09 PM   #10501

AnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ToyCop View Post
Got all of the wiring and tubing squared away on my boost gauge. I went with larger tubing from the BPV line to the boost sensor than what was provided with the gauge. Since the clamps wouldn't be tight enough to hold I slid a portion of the clear tubing onto both ends of the filter and the sending unit. I then cut the clear tubing flush with the opening. The new silicone slipped over pretty tight and the clamps are holding great now. I drilled a hole in the side of my battery box and inserted a small rubber grommet that allows the sending unit to rotate if i need to unplug it for box removal. I used a shortened screw and nut from a computer case fan to tie it all together. I still need to run the illumination wire so the gauge will change color when the lights are on. When my oil sandwich plate gets here I'll hook up the oil pressure gauge.
This looks a lot like how my boost dependent meth kit is set up. Except yours is much, much prettier.
Cp-e: tmic
Damond: trilogy mounts and ssp
JBR: 3.5in intake
Whiteline: rsb
AnimalMother is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-24-2016, 06:54 PM   #10502

Tifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

Took advantage of the Black Friday deals and bought:

RPM: BNRS3, Bosch 3 bar map/adapter, Cobb ebcs - saved $140
Edge: CPE tial qr bpv kit - saved $60
Freektune: Full tune for new turbo - saved $50

Total savings: $250 Thanks to the forum vendors for being awesome
AwAfrican (11-25-2016)
 Old 11-25-2016, 02:32 PM   #10503

ToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by AnimalMother View Post
This looks a lot like how my boost dependent meth kit is set up. Except yours is much, much prettier.
Thanks. I can be a bit OCD at times.

Nailedit187 likes this.
Rice: RallyArmor, Morimoto XB LED Fogs, VLeds Triton Reverse Lights, Redline boots and armrest cover, Maisonvi shift knob.
Audio: Pioneer AVIC-7100NEX
ToyCop is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-27-2016, 05:13 PM   #10504

Prodigalson is a splendid one to beholdProdigalson is a splendid one to beholdProdigalson is a splendid one to beholdProdigalson is a splendid one to beholdProdigalson is a splendid one to beholdProdigalson is a splendid one to beholdProdigalson is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got my windows tinted this weekend, 15%
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1904.JPG (833.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1903.JPG (989.9 KB, 41 views)
 Old 11-27-2016, 05:20 PM   #10505

AveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud ofAveryPlaysBass has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed Koni STR.T shocks along with Corksport springs and new top hats/bushings/bump stops on the fronts. Put some StopTech rotors on the rear along with pads. Car rides a bit better now and sits just right. Now to change my RMM out and sell the CP-E stage 2.

2012 MS3 w/Tech Package

CORKSPORT SSP and bushings/Koni STR.Ts with Corksport Springs/17x7.5 Konig Control/225/45/17 Continental DW
 Old 11-27-2016, 06:58 PM   #10506

Not Ranked  0 score     

Didn't care for the cp-e stage 2 rmm?
 Old 11-27-2016, 07:08 PM   #10507

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Prodigalson View Post
Didn't care for the cp-e stage 2 rmm?
I care too much man, I want her to go to a new owner that will utilize her full potential.

2012 MS3 w/Tech Package

Old 11-27-2016, 08:19 PM   #10508

StevenPThomas is a splendid one to beholdStevenPThomas is a splendid one to beholdStevenPThomas is a splendid one to beholdStevenPThomas is a splendid one to beholdStevenPThomas is a splendid one to beholdStevenPThomas is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

Lol...

mazdaspeedmyk likes this.
 Old 12-01-2016, 04:54 PM   #10509

Not Ranked  0 score     

Big day for the MS3 today! I finally got around to swapping the injector seals. I went with the Corksport seals. Lo and behold, the injectors had no seals on them! No wonder the popping/cracking sound was so bad. While doing that, I installed a JBR thermal intake gasket and Damond Motorsports EGR delete kit. And finally, a stubby antenna for the roof completed the job for the day.

The pictures of the injectors that are all dirty are seconds after I removed them from the car. You'll see there's no seals on them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1631.JPG (1.77 MB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1632.JPG (1.74 MB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1633.JPG (1.80 MB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1634.JPG (1.82 MB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1636.JPG (1.45 MB, 44 views)
 Old 12-01-2016, 06:03 PM   #10510

Jonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant future
Groaned at 22 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Big day for the MS3 today! I finally got around to swapping the injector seals. I went with the Corksport seals. Lo and behold, the injectors had no seals on them! No wonder the popping/cracking sound was so bad. While doing that, I installed a JBR thermal intake gasket and Damond Motorsports EGR delete kit. And finally, a stubby antenna for the roof completed the job for the day.

The pictures of the injectors that are all dirty are seconds after I removed them from the car. You'll see there's no seals on them.

How many miles on your car if you don't mind me asking? I was thinking of doing this while the weather is cooler here in Florida.

Jonb82 is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-01-2016, 06:08 PM   #10511

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jonb82 View Post
How many miles on your car if you don't mind me asking? I was thinking of doing this while the weather is cooler here in Florida.

The odometer just hit 65,000 miles. But, the engine was overhauled by a previous owner around 47,000 miles.

Which part of Florida are you in? I'm in Florida too, and the weather was perfect for it today.
 Old 12-01-2016, 06:33 PM   #10512

Jonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant futureJonb82 has a brilliant future
Groaned at 22 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The odometer just hit 65,000 miles. But, the engine was overhauled by a previous owner around 47,000 miles.

Which part of Florida are you in? I'm in Florida too, and the weather was perfect for it today.

Ft Myers. Where are you located? Just turned over 72k so I might get those TIGs and seals soon

Jonb82 is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-01-2016, 06:44 PM   #10513

kaelin is the leader of the worldkaelin is the leader of the worldkaelin is the leader of the worldkaelin is the leader of the worldkaelin is the leader of the worldkaelin is the leader of the worldkaelin is the leader of the worldkaelin is the leader of the worldkaelin is the leader of the worldkaelin is the leader of the worldkaelin is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ooooo shiny

kaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-02-2016, 08:39 AM   #10514

Not Ranked  0 score     

Just did spark plugs the other day, Denso ITV20s, and gapped them to .032". So far so good. Just clipped the 100K.
 Old 12-02-2016, 10:13 AM   #10515

Not Ranked  0 score     
Default What did you do to your ride today?

installed SpecD Projector Headlights. They work quite well. Excited to do an HID conversion on them.

montybuttons likes this.
 Old 12-02-2016, 10:56 AM   #10516

anavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,433 Times in 1,971 Posts
Groans: 63
Groaned at 43 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I find that hard to believe...the seals are metal and don't just disappear. Did you just get the car? Maybe they were stuck in the bores and you didn't notice?

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
anavrinIV is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-02-2016, 11:21 AM   #10517

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by anavrinIV View Post
I find that hard to believe...the seals are metal and don't just disappear. Did you just get the car? Maybe they were stuck in the bores and you didn't notice?
I've had the car for a little over a month, and it's always made the popping sounds for as long as I've had it. I figured they were just blown. I looked all in there and couldn't find anything. I could see if maybe one was off and stuck in the bores, but all four injectors didn't have any type of seal on them. That to me looks like someone didn't put them in.
 Old 12-02-2016, 08:54 PM   #10518

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I agree with @anavrinIV; the seals can't just disappear. Was the car modded when you got it. If it was stock, I really doubt the previous owner did seals.

What would the symptoms be of having double seals, I assume you wouldn't be able to get them in?
 Old 12-02-2016, 09:03 PM   #10519

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sheston View Post
I agree with @anavrinIV; the seals can't just disappear. Was the car modded when you got it. If it was stock, I really doubt the previous owner did seals.

What would the symptoms be of having double seals, I assume you wouldn't be able to get them in?
When I got the car, I assumed it was stock. I didn't really know enough about the car then to really look at it to determine otherwise. Then I started noticing aftermarket parts on the car, like a CP-E RMM that needed to be replaced. The HPFP internals have been upgraded to Autotechs. It looked like an aftermarket intake has been removed and the stock one put back on. So, I'm thinking the car has been modded in the past. The engine was overhauled at around 47,000 miles, and the odometer just hit 65,000. But like I said, I think it's weird that all four injectors didn't have any seals on them. I don't think they disappeared; I think the shop that did the overhaul may not have put injector seals in. The injectors went in with no problem. The popping noise before was so bad, I just assumed they were blown, but now I think they just weren't installed.
 Old 12-03-2016, 05:45 AM   #10520

AwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kaelin View Post

Ooooo shiny

Purdy! Whats inside? Rods etc or stock rebuild?
AwAfrican is offline   Reply With Quote