register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1911Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-13-2017, 10:22 PM   #10761

greez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant future
Groans: 0
Groaned at 12 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Swapped to this little gem right here...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0214.JPG (455.5 KB, 52 views)

Cobb SRI/TIH | Cobb XLE BPV | Cobb Accessport V2
Hawk HPS Pads | CorskSport RMM & TMM Inserts
KMD V3 HPFP Internals | Freektuned
greez is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-14-2017, 06:47 AM   #10762

El Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,062 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MoMS3 View Post
I'll take a pic tonight once it is dark for light output.

H11 R3 LED Headlight - ADVmonster

^These are the new ones (Rev 3), I had the H11 mesh monster prior (Rev 2), light output is definitely whiter and brighter, the R3's are a much closer color temp to Osram CBIs, the R2's looked bluer, I prefer an all white look. Both say that they are 5700k but I find that the R3 is closer to 5500k.
I was looking at these for replacing my fogs

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXO0W17/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=M83GL48LLHI2&coliid=I1DUM38ELOA9W1&psc=1http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXO0W17/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=M83GL48LLHI2&coliid=I1DUM38ELOA9W1&psc=1

Now to decide what I want to do.

Styling Mods: Kevdog Tow Plate ~ RX-8 Wheels ~ LED interior lights ~ LED Fog Lights ~ LED Bumper Reflector ~ Corksport Battery Box ~ Corksport Mud Flaps ~ Maisonvi Knob ~ Blackvue Dr550gw-2ch ~ Passport 9500ix

El Beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-14-2017, 08:37 AM   #10763

Prodigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud of
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by greez View Post
I've been thinking of getting one of those. How do you like it?
2012 MS3 Crystal White, Tech; Upgraded HPFP, Damond SSP, RMM, PMM, TMM CS RSB, shift knob, mud flaps, hood scoop, TMIC, JBR shifter bushings, leather shift boot w/red stitching, Stoptech lines, Bayson-R front lip.
Not yet installed: JBR EGR delete, catless DP
2007 Kawasaki Mean Streak Special Edition
Low & Mean CRS, Hepco & Becker crash bars, Marauder headlight w/3800 lumen LED bulb, MBW LED front signal rings, Chrome Glow LED rear signals, 420 lumen LED 1157 taillight bulb, Danny Gray Raven solo seat, Muzzy 2-to-1 exhaust, black front calipers w/red lettering, Thunder Tornado intake, 200/55 rear tire, Progressive front springs w/Racetech Gold valves, Progressive 444 rear shocks (12.5"), Bad Ace rear caliper relocation bracket, Bad Ace Cam Chain Tensioner Extenders, Bad Ace Fork Cap Covers, Bad Ace Fuel Enrichment Knob Relocation Bracket, Avon black anodized air grips w/throttle boss, sidemounted license plate
Prodigalson is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-14-2017, 08:46 AM   #10764

greez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant futuregreez has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

I like it a lot. I had the silver ring stock shifter. The feel of the leather and the way the shift knob is contoured (lol) feels really good in your hand (dirty minds...people). It's a tad wider in the overall feel but oddly the weight from the stock shifter and the Corksport shifter feels similar. I'm sure there's a slight difference but I'm not about to go and weigh the both of them with a cocaine scale or anything. IMHO, it's a definite acceptable and great interior modification. It overall makes the shifting experience that much more enjoyable. I also have the Cobb aftermarket shifter weight so it just accentuates the shift feel too (I guess). It might be a pricey item considering what it is but it's definitely worth it. Also adds to the look of the interior too. I think it's time to complete the interior with the CS e-brake cover too now.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #10765

MoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by El Beaner View Post
I was looking at these for replacing my fogs

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXO0W17/...8ELOA9W1&psc=1

Now to decide what I want to do.
Those could be good too. They have the same output as the one's I picked up (4800lm per side), looking at the LED die they both appear to be a the xhp50 as well.

The one thing I that would make me want to stray away from the LEDs on amazon is the fact that their heat sink design uses a fan. Me personally, I'd rather have the bigger passive mesh heat sink that has no moving parts to fail...methinks if those fans get gummed up with road grit they'll burn up in no time due to the fact the heat sink is much smaller.

The other nice thing about the advmonster LEDs is that if you decide you don't like beam pattern within 90 days, they'll refund you. Not sure about amazon's policy there.
For Powah: JBR Tru 3.5" WP, CP-E TMIC, UR V3 Catless DP/Reso. TP, CS Resonated CBE, CS HPFP Internals, Cobb AP, CS PMM, CS TMM Insert, CP-E Stg 2 RMM, CS Shifter Bushings, Forge V2 BPV, South Bend Stage 3 Endurance clutch, Damond Motorsports SSP, CS 3.5bar MAP, Stratified S-OTS+ Stg 3 E85 tune for summer, Pump S-OTS+ Stage 3 for winter, for now

So I can see/be seen better: DDM LED for Nagare Accent lights, DDM Switchbacks Front turn signals, Osram CBI's, ADVmonster LED Fogs

To-do List: BNR S4, maybe S5...bottom end build, probably should do brakes/suspension at some point. Shooting for a 450-500whp daily driver.
MoMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2017, 02:26 AM   #10766

ranviper is a jewel in the roughranviper is a jewel in the roughranviper is a jewel in the rough
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed a CPE short ram intake today. I missed the turbo noises.
ranviper is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2017, 06:31 AM   #10767

WhoKilledMickey is on a distinguished road
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed CP-e gauge pod
WhoKilledMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2017, 11:29 AM   #10768

Jonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 24 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default What did you do to your ride today?

Installed a @damondmotorsports; SSP to compliment my CS STS. Wanted the throws to be shorter and I highly recommend the shift plate to go along with a STS. Researched and went with them due to the fact they engineered for a better shift feel above making a shorter throw.

Sent while probably pooping
CS TIP/SRI CS RMM CS Sexy Steering Wheel CS Springs & Struts CS Shirt Throw Shifter CS Shifter Bushings CS TBE CS Boost Tubes CP-e TMIC HKS BOV in resirc DM Vented OCC DM TMM DM PMM DM SSP Autotech Internals Custom E33 Freaktune
Jonb82 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2017, 04:32 PM   #10769

knocturnal has disabled reputation
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Waiting for Revolution Performance Motorsports to start their sale. Not sure if it already started or not. Finally about to buy this BNR Turbo

Mods:
BNR S4 V2 // XS Power Manifold V3 // JBR Tru-3.0" Aluminum Intake // Devils Own WMI D10 NOZZLE// JBR DISI Bypass Valve Hose // JBR 70duro RMM // JBR SSB // JBR SSP // JBR Coolant Bypass Kit // DM EGR Full Delete Kit // DM TMM // DM PMM // COBB AP V2 // CNT Racing Catless Downpipe // CP-E TMIC // CP-E Injector Seals // SP63 Valve Cover Breather // Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust //One Step Colder NGK Plugs // Bosch 3bar Map sensor // Grimmspeed EBCS // MD OCC // MD PCV Plate // Stop Tech Braided Lines // Autotech Internals // Forge BPV V1 // Corksport V2 RSB // Eibach PRO-kit

Stratified Tuned Stage 2 OTS+
273whp/330wtq

SnailD Tuned on Meth
316whp/359wtq

Purple Drank Tuned BNR S4 V2 and 100%Meth
412whp/373wtq

knocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2017, 06:14 PM   #10770

Dawson_MS6 is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 17 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Tried to do muffler delete, last owner welded my exhaust bolts.. if anyone has a video of how they did their muffler delete you should hit a brotha up
Dawson_MS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2017, 08:10 PM   #10771

AwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Not Ranked  0 score     

AwAfrican is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2017, 08:40 PM   #10772

Not Ranked  0 score     

Definitely looks better than your pool ball shifter.

Old 02-15-2017, 08:45 PM   #10773

AwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Definitely looks better than your pool ball shifter.
False
greez likes this.
 Old 02-15-2017, 08:57 PM   #10774

Not Ranked  0 score     

I stand corrected. Touché.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:43 PM   #10775

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Dawson_MS6; I don't know if Corksport makes the single exit exhaust for MS6, but I got one for my GenPu and love it. Muffler delete, and straight thru 3 in exhaust with just the stock resonator in the way
 Old 02-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #10776

LED_Vera is a splendid one to beholdLED_Vera is a splendid one to beholdLED_Vera is a splendid one to beholdLED_Vera is a splendid one to beholdLED_Vera is a splendid one to beholdLED_Vera is a splendid one to beholdLED_Vera is a splendid one to beholdLED_Vera is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

not today but a few weeks after i bought my KTM SuperAdventure i dropped it at a stop sign near my work

// Cobb SRI // CNT 3" Stainless Catback // Cobb Air box // Cobb AP // Autotech HPFP Internals // Cobb RMM // Eibach Lowering Springs // Cobb Shift Weight // Cobb Exhaust Hangers // Cork Sport TMIC // CorkSport F/R Brake Pads // SS Brake lines // SURE TIP (I know... its junk) // CorkSport CF Hood Scoop // Cobb Catted Downpipe // One Resonator Delete // JBR Rear Sway Bar // Track Wheels & Tires // 17x7.5 +45 Offset Sparco Assetto Gara Rims // 225/45ZR-17 BFGoodrich G-Force Rival Tires //
LED_Vera is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-17-2017, 02:47 PM   #10777

Dedlyvirus will become famous soon enoughDedlyvirus will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Cleaned MAF sensor, installed DM SSP and replaced my JBR RMM with a DM one.
Dedlyvirus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-17-2017, 04:13 PM   #10778

Not Ranked  0 score     

Washed her and got a shipped email for my BNR S4 V2 Turbo along with other supporting goodies. Will post pics when it comes
voodoo2crue likes this.

Mods:
BNR S4 V2 // XS Power Manifold V3 // JBR Tru-3.0" Aluminum Intake // Devils Own WMI D10 NOZZLE// JBR DISI Bypass Valve Hose // JBR 70duro RMM // JBR SSB // JBR SSP // JBR Coolant Bypass Kit // DM EGR Full Delete Kit // DM TMM // DM PMM // COBB AP V2 // CNT Racing Catless Downpipe // CP-E TMIC // CP-E Injector Seals // SP63 Valve Cover Breather // Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust //One Step Colder NGK Plugs // Bosch 3bar Map sensor // Grimmspeed EBCS // MD OCC // MD PCV Plate // Stop Tech Braided Lines // Autotech Internals // Forge BPV V1 // Corksport V2 RSB // Eibach PRO-kit

273whp/330wtq

SnailD Tuned on Meth
316whp/359wtq

412whp/373wtq

Old 02-18-2017, 03:07 PM   #10779

Prodigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Changed the oil (Shell Rotella T6), installed a Damond PMM and a Corksport rear sway bar with new OEM end links.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0624.JPG (606.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0626.JPG (784.9 KB, 31 views)
2012 MS3 Crystal White, Tech; Upgraded HPFP, Damond SSP, RMM, PMM, TMM CS RSB, shift knob, mud flaps, hood scoop, TMIC, JBR shifter bushings, leather shift boot w/red stitching, Stoptech lines, Bayson-R front lip.
Low & Mean CRS, Hepco & Becker crash bars, Marauder headlight w/3800 lumen LED bulb, MBW LED front signal rings, Chrome Glow LED rear signals, 420 lumen LED 1157 taillight bulb, Danny Gray Raven solo seat, Muzzy 2-to-1 exhaust, black front calipers w/red lettering, Thunder Tornado intake, 200/55 rear tire, Progressive front springs w/Racetech Gold valves, Progressive 444 rear shocks (12.5"), Bad Ace rear caliper relocation bracket, Bad Ace Cam Chain Tensioner Extenders, Bad Ace Fork Cap Covers, Bad Ace Fuel Enrichment Knob Relocation Bracket, Avon black anodized air grips w/throttle boss, sidemounted license plate
 Old 02-18-2017, 05:58 PM   #10780

N00Bforspeed12 has a spectacular aura aboutN00Bforspeed12 has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 7 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Stripped the block.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170218_172248.jpg (5.98 MB, 27 views)
downs likes this.
N00Bforspeed12 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-18-2017, 06:08 PM   #10781

voodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed the act clutch and corksport seals, no more clutch slipping or weird kr

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Self Tuned BNR S4--Cobb APv3--Cobb XLE BPV--CMGS Stg2 w/DO10--CPE TMIC--Autotech HPFP internals--JBR Tru-3 Intake--JBR Boost tubes--JBR EGR delete--Mishimoto OCC--CS RMM 80--CS Injector Seals--Eibach Pro Springs--Ebay NYPPD Shifter bushings--Ebay Downpipe--Custom 3" TBE--Vibrant Resonator--TB Coolant Bypass--Bosch 3 bar map--ACT 6 puck --GS EBCS 3port interrupt--SP63 VC breather
Plugs-NGK LTR7IX-11(6510)
Oil-Rotella T6
Tires-235 40 18 Nexen NFera SUR4
Brakes-EBC Red pads with ATE 200 fluid
To be installed--SP63 4032 88mm pistons--Manley Rods--Power XS Manifold--JBR BSD with Baffle Plate

Check out my wheelwell page here. If your a member hit me up.
https://www.wheelwell.com/profile/558b073762d1852928f23712/garage/
voodoo2crue is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-18-2017, 07:45 PM   #10782

Jonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Prodigalson View Post
Changed the oil (Shell Rotella T6), installed a Damond PMM and a Corksport rear sway bar with new OEM end links.

Noticeable NVH over stock and do you have any other mounts?

CS TIP/SRI CS RMM CS Sexy Steering Wheel CS Springs & Struts CS Shirt Throw Shifter CS Shifter Bushings CS TBE CS Boost Tubes CP-e TMIC HKS BOV in resirc DM Vented OCC DM TMM DM PMM DM SSP Autotech Internals Custom E33 Freaktune
 Old 02-18-2017, 08:12 PM   #10783

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jonb82 View Post
Noticeable NVH over stock and do you have any other mounts?

I have a Damond RMM and a Corksport TMM insert.

I haven't driven it yet, just backed it off the ramps and pulled it into the garage, and idled it for a few minutes, but I was surprised that there wasn't much difference in NVH from before. At this point, I'm planning to get a Damond TMM also.
 Old 02-18-2017, 08:16 PM   #10784

Not Ranked  0 score     

I haven't driven it yet, just backed it off the ramps and pulled it into the garage, and idled it for a few minutes, but I was surprised that there wasn't much difference in NVH from before. At this point, I'm planning to get a Damond TMM also.

I have the Damond TMM and CS RMM. You won't be disappointed by his TMM. I might look into that PMM. Thank you

Prodigalson likes this.
 Old 02-19-2017, 07:27 PM   #10785

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well I took my car to the car wash because we've had a shit ton of snow and there's salt everywhere! Saw this guy Infront of me taking the pressure washer to his engine bay...Then using his sleeve to rub off the salt around his wheel well
KiwiFlavor likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to AwAfrican For This Useful Post:
KiwiFlavor (02-20-2017)
 Old 02-20-2017, 05:50 PM   #10786

Not Ranked  0 score     

So today I spent my day sucking all the methanol out of my engine... So Saturday I came home after cars and coffee. I think I forgot to turn the ignition off because the next day when I went looking for my keys I found them in my ignition in the on position. Stupid me... well I decide to charge the battery because it was dead and try to start the engine. Would not turn over. Sounded like something was draining the battery heavily and the starter didn't want to go. My low fluid light for my methanol was going off and i checked it and it was empty. I thought where the hell did it go. It was not wet in my trunk or anything. WELLLLLLLLL some how my DO Progressive controller engaged my pump and solenoid to pump all the fluid into my intake manifold and in my engine.

Took the spark plugs out and cleaned them and also got my shop vac and sucked out all the fluid in the intake manifold and from each cylinder. Can someone please explain to me how the hell does my controller engage without boost parked?

Engine is fine and no knock or anything. Thank god!

Mods:

273whp/330wtq

SnailD Tuned on Meth
316whp/359wtq

412whp/373wtq

Old 02-20-2017, 06:36 PM   #10787

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think I read about this somewhere else. Lucky for you it didn't turn over. Search for it, I'll bet you find it

I know I've got an extra wire on my setup, that if I short it to ground (metal anywhere), it turns the pump on....
 Old 02-21-2017, 07:55 AM   #10788

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jonb82 View Post
I have the Damond TMM and CS RMM. You won't be disappointed by his TMM. I might look into that PMM. Thank you

@Jonb82; Now that I have driven it a few days I have a few comments.
As I mentioned the vibrations are not much more noticeable than they were before I installed the Damond PMM (with just the Damond RMM and CS TMM insert). But there is definitely a noise now that wasn’t present before. It’s a whine/growl sound that’s directly proportional to engine speed. I suspect it will become more diminished as the mount breaks in, and it doesn’t bother me much, but I wanted to mention it at least.
 Old 02-21-2017, 08:38 AM   #10789

Not Ranked  0 score     

@Jonb82; Now that I have driven it a few days I have a few comments.
As I mentioned the vibrations are not much more noticeable than they were before I installed the Damond PMM (with just the Damond RMM and CS TMM insert). But there is definitely a noise now that wasn’t present before. It’s a whine/growl sound that’s directly proportional to engine speed. I suspect it will become more diminished as the mount breaks in, and it doesn’t bother me much, but I wanted to mention it at least.

Thank you. I had a transmission whine with the TMM. Actually kinda liked it, but can't hear shit anymore over my exhaust

Old 02-21-2017, 12:12 PM   #10790

Not Ranked  0 score     

Pics as promised. Arrived today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170221_135836.jpg (5.81 MB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 20170221_135845.jpg (6.17 MB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 20170221_135926.jpg (5.87 MB, 25 views)
voodoo2crue likes this.

Mods:

273whp/330wtq

SnailD Tuned on Meth
316whp/359wtq

412whp/373wtq

Old 02-21-2017, 12:34 PM   #10791

El Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well all side projects are done for me

Gonna have to spend extra cash I have on new clutch and flywheel

Styling Mods: Kevdog Tow Plate ~ RX-8 Wheels ~ LED interior lights ~ LED Fog Lights ~ LED Bumper Reflector ~ Corksport Battery Box ~ Corksport Mud Flaps ~ Maisonvi Knob ~ Blackvue Dr550gw-2ch ~ Passport 9500ix

Old 02-21-2017, 01:23 PM   #10792

MoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by knocturnal View Post
Pics as promised. Arrived today
Sexy sexy, now get that shit installed pronto, and post up a vid of that sweet sweet anti-surge spool noise.
For Powah: JBR Tru 3.5" WP, CP-E TMIC, UR V3 Catless DP/Reso. TP, CS Resonated CBE, CS HPFP Internals, Cobb AP, CS PMM, CS TMM Insert, CP-E Stg 2 RMM, CS Shifter Bushings, Forge V2 BPV, South Bend Stage 3 Endurance clutch, Damond Motorsports SSP, CS 3.5bar MAP, Stratified S-OTS+ Stg 3 E85 tune for summer, Pump S-OTS+ Stage 3 for winter, for now

So I can see/be seen better: DDM LED for Nagare Accent lights, DDM Switchbacks Front turn signals, Osram CBI's, ADVmonster LED Fogs

To-do List: BNR S4, maybe S5...bottom end build, probably should do brakes/suspension at some point. Shooting for a 450-500whp daily driver.
 Old 02-21-2017, 01:31 PM   #10793

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well all side projects are done for me

Gonna have to spend extra cash I have on new clutch and flywheel

http://youtu.be/_Xk2ekCjzV0

http://youtu.be/hS0Ew0u0qBc
Well that sucks, so here's the thing, I have my stock clutch that had the pressure plate go wonky and didn't do its self adjusting as it's supposed to (might just need to be fiddled with).
The disc still has plenty of life and the flywheel still has the machining marks mostly intact (same with pressure plate). No glazing or hot spots that I can really tell, and you may be able to reset the pressure plate (or at worst just buy a new PP). I'd be willing to help a brother out if you wanted my 35k mile stock clutch setup, AFTER I hit 100 posts of course.

The Following User Says Thank You to MoMS3 For This Useful Post:
El Beaner (02-22-2017)
 Old 02-21-2017, 02:54 PM   #10794

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MoMS3 View Post
Well that sucks, so here's the thing, I have my stock clutch that had the pressure plate go wonky and didn't do its self adjusting as it's supposed to (might just need to be fiddled with).
The disc still has plenty of life and the flywheel still has the machining marks mostly intact (same with pressure plate). No glazing or hot spots that I can really tell, and you may be able to reset the pressure plate (or at worst just buy a new PP). I'd be willing to help a brother out if you wanted my 35k mile stock clutch setup, AFTER I hit 100 posts of course.
Man, I really appreciate that, but new OEM pressure plate costs as much as the entire LUK clutch kit (which is basically the OEM clutch). Luk doesn't sell just the pressure plate so I'd have to get it from Edge or Mazda. At that point, buying the LUK kit gives me a new TOB and PB and new clutch disc and Preasure plate.

The only extensive cost is swapping over to a Fidanza flywheel (which is where the savings would be on using your flywheel). Either way I still have to pay someone to install it (which I found a place that is gonna do it for an amazing price).

All said OTD for everything, I should be in the $850-$880 range on cost.

If I did your setup, I'd save around $300 roughly (not a bad amount savings) but then I'm possibly in the same boat in another 50-60k miles (which for me is around 2 years).

Old 02-21-2017, 03:20 PM   #10795

Not Ranked  0 score     

Man, I really appreciate that, but new OEM pressure plate costs as much as the entire LUK clutch kit (which is basically the OEM clutch). Luk doesn't sell just the pressure plate so I'd have to get it from Edge or Mazda. At that point, buying the LUK kit gives me a new TOB and PB and new clutch disc and Preasure plate.

The only extensive cost is swapping over to a Fidanza flywheel (which is where the savings would be on using your flywheel). Either way I still have to pay someone to install it (which I found a place that is gonna do it for an amazing price).

All said OTD for everything, I should be in the $850-$880 range on cost.

If I did your setup, I'd save around $300 roughly (not a bad amount savings) but then I'm possibly in the same boat in another 50-60k miles (which for me is around 2 years).
Sounds good, well if you decide to not go fidanza let me know haha

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoMS3 For This Useful Post:
deltapsik0 (02-27-2017), El Beaner (02-22-2017)
 Old 02-26-2017, 10:26 PM   #10796

follman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud offollman8r has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got my spare key cut... and proceeded to spend the better part of an hr repeatedly trying to get the car to learn the key....😖🔫
First key. On, off.
Second key. on, off.
New key. On... flashing red immobilizer. Wtf. Am I missing something?

Sent using the long dick of the law

Just the beginning....
CS RMM & PMM Inserts, Sure SRI, CS SSP, JBR TIP, HKS SQV2, CS Solid Shifter Bushings, Custom Racepipe, Darth Vader Shift Knob
follman8r is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-27-2017, 11:43 AM   #10797

InvictusFatum is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well, successful weekend! Installed JBR's 88 RMM, tinted tail lights red, painted front emblem black, and cut/painted evil M on the back. Now she just needs a bath!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CrestSnow4.jpg (629.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg CrestSnow6.jpg (540.3 KB, 29 views)
InvictusFatum is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-27-2017, 02:12 PM   #10798

AveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant future
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed Damond Short Shift plate(in gold) and the oil feed banjo bolt. Shifting is improved over the old plate i was using and now using the stock counterweight for a very substantial feel. Just installed the bolt for no reason to be honest.

2012 MS3 w/Tech Package

Engine: CS SRI/Tip, AutoTech internals, Damond Banjo Bolt, CFM Mount, CS Racepipe, Resonator delete, Tuned by FREEKTUNE

Trans: CS insert, CS bushings, Damond Shifter Plate

Suspension: Koni Orange with CS springs, Konig Controls 17x7.5 with 225/45 Conti DW's

Appearance: Plasti Dipped Emblems, Bumper Guard, CS Steering wheel/Shift knob/E-brake handle,dumb stickers
AveryPlaysBass is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-27-2017, 02:21 PM   #10799

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by AveryPlaysBass View Post
Installed Damond Short Shift plate(in gold) and the oil feed banjo bolt. Shifting is improved over the old plate i was using and now using the stock counterweight for a very substantial feel. Just installed the bolt for no reason to be honest.
Why do the bolt if you're not having issues? Isn't the oil restrictor bolt kind of a bandaid when you start smoking?
AveryPlaysBass likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to El Beaner For This Useful Post:
MS3Shadow (02-27-2017)
 Old 02-27-2017, 02:23 PM   #10800
Tachyonic Moderator

MS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,673 Times in 1,878 Posts
Groans: 267
Groaned at 20 Times in 16 Posts

Why do the bolt if you're not having issues? Isn't the oil restrictor bolt kind of a bandaid when you start smoking?
Yes, that is true.

Sent from my Pixel XL
BNR S4, XSPower v3 Exhaust Manifold w/ Tial 44mm EWG Cobb accessport V3, Dizzy Tune in progress CP-e stage2 rmm, tmic, hpfp JBR boost tubes, Tru-3.5in Intake inside a Corksport Cold Air Box, Catless Downpipe & Racepipe, bypass hose, hood scoop, BPV, hood struts, stubby antenna, Aluminum Skid Plate, EBCS, 3.5BAR MAP Sensor, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust DM Full EGR Delete, Passenger Motor Mount, Transmission Motor Mount., Coolant Bypass, VTCS Delete, NGK ILTR6A-7G ,G-LOC R6 Brake pads and Centric High Carbon brake rotors Looks: 25% tint front, 5% back, Heat-blocking front windshield film Escort Passport Max360, RGBW Halos/Demon Eyes 20'' LED Light bar

Use my Updated Custom Google Search to search this forum since the advanced search here is broken
MS3Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote