register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1986Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-11-2017, 05:26 PM   #11161

knocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by VoodooJef View Post
Finished phase 1 of my BT tune and dyno`d it. With the S4v2 and a top mount I got a max of 414/365 (406 average over 4 pulls). The goal was to crack 400 with the TMIC. It`s out of fuel even with 12gph of meth so I`m Going to install my FMIC tonight and step up to about 60% more methanol and see if we can`t safely squeeze a few more out of it before the forged motor goes in.

Wow so similar to mine. I put down 412 and 373 on my 10GPH 100% Methanol tune. I am waiting for CORKSPORT to bring out their manifold so i can keep the TMIC

Mods:
BNR S4 V2 // XS Power Manifold V3 // JBR Tru-3.0" Aluminum Intake // Devils Own WMI D10 NOZZLE// JBR DISI Bypass Valve Hose // JBR 70duro RMM // JBR SSB // JBR SSP // JBR Coolant Bypass Kit // DM EGR Full Delete Kit // DM TMM // DM PMM // COBB AP V2 // CNT Racing Catless Downpipe // CP-E TMIC // CP-E Injector Seals // SP63 Valve Cover Breather // Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust //One Step Colder NGK Plugs // Bosch 3bar Map sensor // Grimmspeed EBCS // MD OCC // MD PCV Plate // Stop Tech Braided Lines // Autotech Internals // Forge BPV V1 // Corksport V2 RSB // Eibach PRO-kit

Stratified Tuned Stage 2 OTS+
273whp/330wtq

SnailD Tuned on Meth
316whp/359wtq

Purple Drank Tuned BNR S4 V2 and 100%Meth
412whp/373wtq

knocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-11-2017, 06:40 PM   #11162

VoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by knocturnal View Post
Wow so similar to mine. I put down 412 and 373 on my 10GPH 100% Methanol tune. I am waiting for CORKSPORT to bring out their manifold so i can keep the TMIC
Nice man, great numbers. I put the front mount on yesterday and got a few pulls today (the beauty of living 5 minutes from the dyno shop). Power curve is almost identical but with 2psi less boost and a slightly richer AFR, so it looks like it may have opened up a tiny bit of headroom. Cruise BATs with the front mount are actually about 15* higher (credit that to the corksport hood scoop and the OEM ducting), but WOT temps are 3 or 4 degrees lower and it drops faster, but when spraying methanol it`s really not very telling to compare them. Thinking about adding a 2nd meth nozzle and getting my 2psi back to see what happens :- D
Built motor w/ Manley rods & Mahle 4032 pistons,BNR S4v2, 3.5" JBR tru-wide, XS power V3 exhaust mani, ST intake mani, CNT catless dp, Magnaflow 3" exhaust, autotech hpfp, Coolingmist progressive (lots of methanol), Cobb FMIC, Cobb RMM, DM PMM, JBR shifter w/ Maisonvi knob, 255/35/18 Pilot Super Sports, Bilstein coilovers (f), Bilstein cartridges in (r) with BC linear spring conversion, GFB valve w/ a GA, Versatune so I can be a rebel, just a little north of 500whp.
And Yeah, that`s Steve Vai playing my arm in my avatar.
VoodooJef is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-11-2017, 11:05 PM   #11163

PapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the world
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Zip-tied a few connections on the newly installed Grimmspeed EBCS and ordered a Damond passenger mount and a Prosport Premium Evo boost gauge. My bank account needs a goddamn break.
JBR 88 Durometer RMM, Autotech HPFP Internals, COBB Accessport V3, CS Hood Strut Kit, CS Underhood LED Kit, CS Eyelids (painted), BFG CS2s with JBR 5mm spacers, Password JDM Gurney Flap, FREEKTUNE e-Tune, Full Race FMIC, RÄZO RA138 Shift Knob, RÄZO 270mm Convex Rear View Mirror, Rally Armor Limited Ed. Flaps, JBR Stage 2 Short Shifter, NGK One Step Colder Plugs, Ultimate Racing: V3 Down Pipe (w/ Metal Substrate Core), Straight Test Pipe, and CBE, Go Fast Bits Respons TMS Blowoff Valve, CS Injector Seals, DM Stage 1 OCC + VTA, DM EGR Delete Kit, DM PMM, HTP 3.5" Intake, BNR S4, Grimmspeed EBCS, CS 3.5 Bar MAP, Prosport 52"mm Premium Evo Boost Gauge, RÄZO RP81 and RP85 Sports Competition Pedals, AEM Water/Meth Injection Kit, DM TB Spacer, Koyorad Racing Radiator V-Series Core
PapaBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2017, 01:16 PM   #11164

VoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

phase 1(b) is done. Got the front mount installed and worked out a couple of boost leaks. The car is off the damn rails (in a good way). Picked up a little bit of extra boost (assuming from the better flowing IC, as absolutely nothing else changed) and the VDyno math has me at 431/378. I`ll get her back on the rollers tomorrow to confirm. I don`t want to be any higher than that on the stock block, so regardless this is the stopping point until the other engine is ready. Debating real hard on whether I want to postpone the engine build for a few months and put a clutch in it now and just eat the labor.
Built motor w/ Manley rods & Mahle 4032 pistons,BNR S4v2, 3.5" JBR tru-wide, XS power V3 exhaust mani, ST intake mani, CNT catless dp, Magnaflow 3" exhaust, autotech hpfp, Coolingmist progressive (lots of methanol), Cobb FMIC, Cobb RMM, DM PMM, JBR shifter w/ Maisonvi knob, 255/35/18 Pilot Super Sports, Bilstein coilovers (f), Bilstein cartridges in (r) with BC linear spring conversion, GFB valve w/ a GA, Versatune so I can be a rebel, just a little north of 500whp.
 Old 05-14-2017, 03:59 PM   #11165

Marcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 22 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

On the way into work, I pulled over and left it parked and walked into work as a piston rod or something went. Just nasty ass vibes with a cel and traction control light on.
2006 Moist Metallica Silver Speed6 GT #6557 @ 264,000km

Corksport: Turb.IM.DP.OCC.3.5MAP.IC.RMM.TIP.FSB.Tubes.Strut Tower. JBR: 70a Sides.SSP.51r SURE: Full3Aeros.Dreadnaught.Juggernaught.Anchors.FlowM6 .Rad Hoses.
Stratified Custome Tune/APv3.Turbosmart DS BOV.Cobb EBCS.AT HPFP.Deatchsworks.CPe SafeSeals.H&R Coils.Moog Camber Arms. SPC Ball Joints.Whiteline Adj RSB.
SU Rear Interior Brace.StopTech Perf Pads.Centric X-D Rotors.TechnaFit Braided Clutch-Brake Lines.Damond PS Cooler.EGR. PeRM PCV Plate.
Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ 235/40/18.Drag DR-38 +47. Gloss Black Blue Undercut. Pirelli Sottozero s2 240 215/45/18. MS6 OEMs.

Still thinking about Flowmasters
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2017, 05:23 PM   #11166

Murdock-S3 is a glorious beacon of lightMurdock-S3 is a glorious beacon of lightMurdock-S3 is a glorious beacon of lightMurdock-S3 is a glorious beacon of lightMurdock-S3 is a glorious beacon of lightMurdock-S3 is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Changed my oil in preparation to run datalogs for freektune.
Freektuned | AP v3 | AEM CAI | Turbosmart Dual-Port BPV | Cobb RMM | Cobb Turboback | Cobb Fuel Pump Internals | Cobb Turbo Inlet | CS shifter bushings | Cobb Shifter Knob | Cobb Shifter Weight | Yakima Roof Rack w/ Wind Deflect
Murdock-S3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2017, 06:56 PM   #11167

voodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got the car home on a trailer today. Car won't stay cranked and got a p0335 code crank shaft position sensor. Ordered the sensor and a tdc tool on the way, hopefully that's all it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Self Tuned BNR S4/SP63 4032 88mm pistons/Manley Rods/Power XS Manifold/JBR BSD with Baffle Plate/Cobb APv3/Cobb XLE BPV/CMGS Stg2 w/DO14/CPE TMIC/Autotech HPFP internals/JBR Tru-3 Intake/JBR Boost tubes/JBR EGR delete/Custom
1liter OCC/CPE xflex RMM/CPE Injector Seals/Eibach Pro Springs/Ebay Downpipe/Custom 3" TBE with Vibrant Resonator/Magnaflow Muffler/TB Coolant Bypass/Bosch 3 bar map/ACT 6 puck/GS EBCS 3port interrupt/SP63 VC breather
Plugs-NGK LTR7IX-11(6510)
Oil-RP 10/30
Tires-235 40 18 Federal 595 rsrr
Brakes-EBC Yellow pads with ATE 200 fluid

Check out my wheelwell page here. If your a member hit me up.
https://www.wheelwell.com/profile/558b073762d1852928f23712/garage/
voodoo2crue is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2017, 07:03 PM   #11168

voodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the worldvoodoo2crue is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by VoodooJef View Post
phase 1(b) is done. Got the front mount installed and worked out a couple of boost leaks. The car is off the damn rails (in a good way). Picked up a little bit of extra boost (assuming from the better flowing IC, as absolutely nothing else changed) and the VDyno math has me at 431/378. I`ll get her back on the rollers tomorrow to confirm. I don`t want to be any higher than that on the stock block, so regardless this is the stopping point until the other engine is ready. Debating real hard on whether I want to postpone the engine build for a few months and put a clutch in it now and just eat the labor.
Very nice. If your on stock clutch you'll probably have to upgrade soon. Although some have had luck pushing past 360 torque on the stocker I had no such luck.

Self Tuned BNR S4/SP63 4032 88mm pistons/Manley Rods/Power XS Manifold/JBR BSD with Baffle Plate/Cobb APv3/Cobb XLE BPV/CMGS Stg2 w/DO14/CPE TMIC/Autotech HPFP internals/JBR Tru-3 Intake/JBR Boost tubes/JBR EGR delete/Custom
1liter OCC/CPE xflex RMM/CPE Injector Seals/Eibach Pro Springs/Ebay Downpipe/Custom 3" TBE with Vibrant Resonator/Magnaflow Muffler/TB Coolant Bypass/Bosch 3 bar map/ACT 6 puck/GS EBCS 3port interrupt/SP63 VC breather
Plugs-NGK LTR7IX-11(6510)
Oil-RP 10/30
Tires-235 40 18 Federal 595 rsrr
Brakes-EBC Yellow pads with ATE 200 fluid

Check out my wheelwell page here. If your a member hit me up.
https://www.wheelwell.com/profile/558b073762d1852928f23712/garage/
voodoo2crue is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2017, 07:41 PM   #11169

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by voodoo2crue View Post
Very nice. If your on stock clutch you'll probably have to upgrade soon. Although some have had luck pushing past 360 torque on the stocker I had no such luck.

Thanks man. My last couple of pulls today I had some slippage (after doing 5 before hand). It just started today and I decided to just get one in it even if I end up paying extra labor (no charge for putting the clutch in with a new motor obviously), but I`m going to hold off on the engine build for a little while. I`ve spent so much $$ on the car in the last few months I really need to let my wallet cool off lest it burst into flames. The engine is super healthy with the UOA being great and it has fantastic compression, so as long as I`m not beating the hell out of it every day It should do just fine until I`m ready to slap the forged motor in it.
 Old 05-14-2017, 07:59 PM   #11170

unionmade06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Stage 2 built motor coming in this week along with down pipe but.... still on new stock k04

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by unionmade06 View Post
Stage 2 built motor coming in this week along with down pipe but.... still on new stock k04

Oh and the trilogy mount set from damond

Last edited by unionmade06; 05-14-2017 at 07:59 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
unionmade06 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2017, 08:32 PM   #11171

AwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the worldAwAfrican is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
On the way into work, I pulled over and left it parked and walked into work as a piston rod or something went. Just nasty ass vibes with a cel and traction control light on.
Well that's balls to say the least
AwAfrican is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2017, 09:57 PM   #11172

Marcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by AwAfrican View Post
Well that's balls to say the least
Can't help but agree. I had a tow lined up but had to cancel bc I was at work and not with the car.

I figured I wouldn't make it through summer without this happening.

Corksport: Turb.IM.DP.OCC.3.5MAP.IC.RMM.TIP.FSB.Tubes.Strut Tower. JBR: 70a Sides.SSP.51r SURE: Full3Aeros.Dreadnaught.Juggernaught.Anchors.FlowM6 .Rad Hoses.
Stratified Custome Tune/APv3.Turbosmart DS BOV.Cobb EBCS.AT HPFP.Deatchsworks.CPe SafeSeals.H&R Coils.Moog Camber Arms. SPC Ball Joints.Whiteline Adj RSB.
SU Rear Interior Brace.StopTech Perf Pads.Centric X-D Rotors.TechnaFit Braided Clutch-Brake Lines.Damond PS Cooler.EGR. PeRM PCV Plate.
Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ 235/40/18.Drag DR-38 +47. Gloss Black Blue Undercut. Pirelli Sottozero s2 240 215/45/18. MS6 OEMs.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:56 PM   #11173

Not Ranked  0 score     

So it hasn't died just yet. Turns out it was the throttle body and a p2100 code. After sitting for 8 hours it started up fine. Which is ok with me since it had a full tank and an alignment almost two weeks ago.

The saga continues. Wu tang wu tang!

Old 05-16-2017, 06:51 AM   #11174

El Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,072 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Replaced the Slave Cylinder (local mechanic/speed owner did it for me) and then spent 1.5 hours chasing down an air bubble in the system causing issues

SOLD 2012 LSM Tech - 11/17/17
El Beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-16-2017, 04:21 PM   #11175

knocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bought more worm gear clamps to replace my t-bolt clamps. Don't like all the leaks they were causing under high boost.

Got my final revision from Purple Drank tuning. Very pleased with the work also when I told him that I was going to get the Corksport intake manifold he let me know that during his testing of the manifold he found that it was one of the better flowing manifolds and that it showed very promising results.
PapaBruno likes this.

Mods:
BNR S4 V2 // XS Power Manifold V3 // JBR Tru-3.0" Aluminum Intake // Devils Own WMI D10 NOZZLE// JBR DISI Bypass Valve Hose // JBR 70duro RMM // JBR SSB // JBR SSP // JBR Coolant Bypass Kit // DM EGR Full Delete Kit // DM TMM // DM PMM // COBB AP V2 // CNT Racing Catless Downpipe // CP-E TMIC // CP-E Injector Seals // SP63 Valve Cover Breather // Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust //One Step Colder NGK Plugs // Bosch 3bar Map sensor // Grimmspeed EBCS // MD OCC // MD PCV Plate // Stop Tech Braided Lines // Autotech Internals // Forge BPV V1 // Corksport V2 RSB // Eibach PRO-kit

Stratified Tuned Stage 2 OTS+
273whp/330wtq

SnailD Tuned on Meth
316whp/359wtq

Purple Drank Tuned BNR S4 V2 and 100%Meth
412whp/373wtq

knocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-16-2017, 04:33 PM   #11176

N00Bforspeed12 has a spectacular aura aboutN00Bforspeed12 has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 7 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just some recent purchases, also a built block from SP63.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20170516-110805.png (389.5 KB, 68 views)
N00Bforspeed12 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-17-2017, 12:11 PM   #11177

soulitified is a jewel in the roughsoulitified is a jewel in the roughsoulitified is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did a compression test due to a 4th cylinder misfire..

C1: 90 PSI
C2: 96 PSI
C3: 96 PSI
C4: 90 PSI

...FML

ACT: 6 Puck
Autotech: HPFP Internals
BF Goodrich G-Force Comp-2 [225/40/18]
Cobb: AccessPort, FMIC Piping v2, SRI
CS: Injector Seals, TIP, EBCS
Damond: EGR Delete, RMM, PMM, 2 OCC's & PCV Plate
Eibach: Sportline Springs
Enkei GSR's
GoFastBits: TMS Dualport BOV
JBR: IM/TB Coolant Delete + Gaskets, RSB + Tru-Torsion Billet Bracket/Bushings
Koni: Yellows Struts
Manzo: Downpipe
Megan Racing: Camber Arms
Racing Beat: CBE w/ Muffler Delete
Treadstone: TR8 Core
Whiteline: ALK, Bumpsteer Kit, Poly Bushings, Rear Endlinks
soulitified is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-17-2017, 01:39 PM   #11178
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,918 Times in 2,734 Posts
Groans: 1,869
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

Originally Posted by soulitified View Post
Did a compression test due to a 4th cylinder misfire..

C1: 90 PSI
C2: 96 PSI
C3: 96 PSI
C4: 90 PSI

...FML
Well...at least they're (reasonably) consistent numbers. Are you sure it isn't just a bad tester?

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-17-2017, 02:41 PM   #11179

soulitified is a jewel in the roughsoulitified is a jewel in the roughsoulitified is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
Well...at least they're (reasonably) consistent numbers. Are you sure it isn't just a bad tester?
Definitely could have been, I rented it from O'reilly's. The brand was Evertough and didn't seem too used...but I don't know too much about the difference in compression testers.

I'm gunna do another test soon, but I already started taking the IM off. Gunna look at the injectors and test the resistance.

Just puzzles me, I've been looking up and down all over this forum for P0304 codes and related issues. Haven't seen anyone post with numbers as low as I got.

Enkei GSR's
 Old 05-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #11180

MrMS3 is a jewel in the roughMrMS3 is a jewel in the roughMrMS3 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed CS Stage 2 RMM

AveryPlaysBass likes this.
 Old 05-17-2017, 07:45 PM   #11181
Tachyonic Moderator

MS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,693 Times in 1,891 Posts
Groans: 283
Groaned at 20 Times in 16 Posts

#BecauseTorqueSteer
MrMS3 likes this.
BNR S4, XSPower v3 Exhaust Manifold w/ Tial 44mm EWG Cobb accessport V3, Dizzy Tune in progress CP-e stage2 rmm, tmic, hpfp JBR boost tubes, Tru-3.5in Intake inside a Corksport Cold Air Box, Catless Downpipe & Racepipe, bypass hose, hood scoop, BPV, hood struts, stubby antenna, Aluminum Skid Plate, EBCS, 3.5BAR MAP Sensor, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust DM Full EGR Delete, Passenger Motor Mount, Transmission Motor Mount., Coolant Bypass, VTCS Delete, NGK ILTR6A-7G ,G-LOC R6 Brake pads and Centric High Carbon brake rotors Looks: 25% tint front, 5% back, Heat-blocking front windshield film Escort Passport Max360, RGBW Halos/Demon Eyes 20'' LED Light bar

Use my Updated Custom Google Search to search this forum since the advanced search here is broken
MS3Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-18-2017, 09:08 AM   #11182

El Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,072 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MrMS3 View Post
Installed CS Stage 2 RMM[IMG]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170518/0da3c4c51a0a642dd5f081a57162d7ac.jpg[IMG]

What did you have before? Difference in NVH?

SOLD 2012 LSM Tech - 11/17/17
El Beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-18-2017, 09:15 AM   #11183

MrMS3 is a jewel in the roughMrMS3 is a jewel in the roughMrMS3 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default What did you do to your ride today?

Originally Posted by El Beaner View Post
What did you have before? Difference in NVH?

This is my first RMM. Unfortunately, I can only compare to stock but nvh is noticeable. More vibes at lower rpm when taking off from 1st and startup. torque steer definitely reduced a lot, no wheel hop and shifts are way smoother.

Last edited by MrMS3; 05-18-2017 at 09:16 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
MrMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-18-2017, 01:13 PM   #11184

Not Ranked  0 score     

Definitely could have been, I rented it from O'reilly's. The brand was Evertough and didn't seem too used...but I don't know too much about the difference in compression testers.

I'm gunna do another test soon, but I already started taking the IM off. Gunna look at the injectors and test the resistance.

Just puzzles me, I've been looking up and down all over this forum for P0304 codes and related issues. Haven't seen anyone post with numbers as low as I got.
I just picked up my first p0302 in over a year but just two days after a p2100. I also have low compression but not as low as yours. Since you have the im off, clean it all out and the tb. Does your car have drivability issues with numbers that low?

Old 05-18-2017, 03:01 PM   #11185

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I just picked up my first p0302 in over a year but just two days after a p2100. I also have low compression but not as low as yours. Since you have the im off, clean it all out and the tb. Does your car have drivability issues with numbers that low?
What were your numbers? I definitely plan on cleaning the shit out of everything while its off..i want to delete the EGR but I also don't want to complicate things anymore.

But I've been driving with the P0304 for a few weeks, trying to figure it out. Couldn't feel any misfires, but then the last two days of driving it I could feel it misfire a lot. Feels like I got a bad batch of gas (again). So I parked it and started running those tests.

I need to check the compression again, but I'm gunna wait till I inspect the injectors, wires to the coils, ect...Just busy AF this week, so I wont be able to until Saturday/Sunday.

Just hoping its no zoom-zoom-boom.

Enkei GSR's
 Old 05-18-2017, 05:49 PM   #11186

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 74
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did my first synthetic oil change. Now its time to tune. Spring pressure is slow.... Found my jbr hotside bracket that bolts to the timing cover broke during my once over of everything. Made a new one out of a strip of metal and a worm clamp.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-18-2017, 07:43 PM   #11187

Not Ranked  0 score     

What were your numbers? I definitely plan on cleaning the shit out of everything while its off..i want to delete the EGR but I also don't want to complicate things anymore.

But I've been driving with the P0304 for a few weeks, trying to figure it out. Couldn't feel any misfires, but then the last two days of driving it I could feel it misfire a lot. Feels like I got a bad batch of gas (again). So I parked it and started running those tests.

I need to check the compression again, but I'm gunna wait till I inspect the injectors, wires to the coils, ect...Just busy AF this week, so I wont be able to until Saturday/Sunday.

Just hoping its no zoom-zoom-boom.
Mine were 165, 170, 135, 165. Apply a +- of 5 to each. Those are 25psi each from this time last year. I also have the egr delete to do but same logic as yours for not doing it.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:05 PM   #11188

Not Ranked  0 score     

Had three instances of the p2100 code earlier today so I bought a Mastercraft 201-Pc Socket Set | Canadian Tire (for only 99 dorra), installed my corksport IC, did the best half assed job I could of cleaning the TB with q tips sprayed with WD without removing the TB. Other than shearing one BOV bolt, all went well. And at least the bov is flush and tight...

What I found while wrenching:
-hot side IC tube is fused to the hose clamp.
-the corksport intercooler requires some adaptors for the speed6; my IC was sent with what looks like the CX-7 kit. 2 out of 3 bolts are in but the middle front is lacking and adding some vibes. Contacted CS about that.
-I'm guessing my dealership was in a rush after my compression test as the cold side tube to TB clamp wasnt exactly tight and the bov gasket is also mia.

Took a 20min/20km spin and no more instances yet but I didnt get it that hot. My logic behind my 2100's is the shitty 11 yr old OE IC and warmer air gumming up the TB residue and allowing it to stay open. It's been still farily cold for this time of year up until Sunday, which was my first case of the 2100, so I'll see how good my brownie logic be. But my car did not feel good going up a steep incline (N bound on Boundary off SW Marine for locals).

Old 05-19-2017, 06:49 AM   #11189

Not Ranked  0 score     
Default What did you do to your ride today?

Had some time last night and started removing the IM...discovered this broken bolt. Yep, the rest of it is still inside the mani. It had some crusted adhesive all over it. (someone trying to do a quick fix after over-torquing?) I'm seriously hoping this is the culprit to the P0304 I've been getting, which would make sense because its the bolt sitting directly in front of the 4th cyl...Leak?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IM bolts.JPG (640.2 KB, 37 views)

Enkei GSR's

Last edited by soulitified; 05-19-2017 at 07:45 PM.
 Old 05-20-2017, 06:01 PM   #11190

Not Ranked  0 score     

Parked mine after 5 more instances of the p2100 on the way to work yesterday. Drive home just fine though. So in mind it is temp related.

Currently rocking a borrowed 1997 firefly. One whole litre of three speed automatic goodness.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:16 PM   #11191

tmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the world
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Adamxx6 View Post
got rid of the gray grill and fog lights. i think the black looks much better.
Looks good what paint did you use? Primer?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
StevenPThomas likes this.
 Old 05-21-2017, 07:31 AM   #11192

Adamxx6 will become famous soon enoughAdamxx6 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

i just used regular old walmart rust-oleum. couple coats of primer, black, and some clear. its not perfect up close, but it did turn out pretty good.
Adamxx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-21-2017, 06:29 PM   #11193

tmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the world
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Adamxx6 View Post
i just used regular old walmart rust-oleum. couple coats of primer, black, and some clear. its not perfect up close, but it did turn out pretty good.
No sanding?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
 Old 05-21-2017, 06:37 PM   #11194

Adamxx6 will become famous soon enoughAdamxx6 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

none at all. but the grill i used was also a replacement part. my original one had some damage on it. the replacement part came as a dull black, plain plastic, not gray/silver like the original one.
Adamxx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-21-2017, 08:16 PM   #11195

Not Ranked  0 score     

General fyi about our throttle body's, there is a tsb that covers most mazdas inckduing our speeds. Pretty much equates to a free tb cleaning if you can get the dealership to agree to it.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:01 PM   #11196

JDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 12
Neutral  -1 score     

Replaced clutch and master/slave cylinders a few months ago and had issues with the hydraulic slave line not sealing properly at first - fucked with it for a good time before I got a seal that held. No problems since.

Fast forward to yesterday.

Some jackass ran a red light/pulled out in the intersection in front of me at the last second. Had to come to a quick stop, clutch and brakes down. When I went to move again - no clutch pedal. Fuck me I know what happened. Pushed the fucker to the nearest parking lot and sure enough - seal busted loose again and drained out. Knowing what and how I went to work but for the life of me could not get a good seal again.

So...new hydraulic line ordered....yay.

Now side question - anything else I should look at while I am at it because stomping on both and clutch shouldn't have broke that seal that easily I wouldn't think?
 Old 05-22-2017, 12:07 PM   #11197

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JDR767 View Post
Replaced clutch and master/slave cylinders a few months ago and had issues with the hydraulic slave line not sealing properly at first - fucked with it for a good time before I got a seal that held. No problems since.

Fast forward to yesterday.

Some jackass ran a red light/pulled out in the intersection in front of me at the last second. Had to come to a quick stop, clutch and brakes down. When I went to move again - no clutch pedal. Fuck me I know what happened. Pushed the fucker to the nearest parking lot and sure enough - seal busted loose again and drained out. Knowing what and how I went to work but for the life of me could not get a good seal again.

So...new hydraulic line ordered....yay.

Now side question - anything else I should look at while I am at it because stomping on both and clutch shouldn't have broke that seal that easily I wouldn't think?

Reminds me of the time I had to come to a slamming stop in my RX8 because of red light runner. My clutch bracket broke right off and had to push my car out of a
major city intersection during rush hour. So embarrassing and nerve-racking lol.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:13 PM   #11198

JDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond reputeJDR767 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 12
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MrMS3 View Post
Reminds me of the time I had to come to a slamming stop in my RX8 because of red light runner. My clutch bracket broke right off and had to push my car out of a
major city intersection during rush hour. So embarrassing and nerve-racking lol.

I feel ya on that. When my clutch went out I was in the fast lane on 75N shifting from 5th to 6th - nothing crazy standard highway speeds - and no pedal. Luckily I was able to get over before losing too much speed and ended up right at an on ramp.
MrMS3 likes this.
 Old 05-23-2017, 08:20 PM   #11199

andale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant futureandale927 has a brilliant future
Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fixed my driver side bumper bracket (no after pic), changed my oil with RP 5w30 and painted my crash bar black because it was rusting in places.

Also built a really sick PC for a customer that I'm proud of.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Power:
BNR S4 v2 Turbocharger | JBR 3.5" Aluminum Intake | JBR Battery Box | GFB Respons BPV |Depo Racing Catless Downpipe | Bosch 3 BAR MAP | JBR 3 Port EBC | Treadstone TR8 Kit w/ Piping | Autotech HPFP Internals | Ultimate Racing Catback | Cobb Accessport V3 | Devils Own Meth Kit (D05) | Custom Tru-Cool Oil Cooler | FREEKTUNED E30 Mix+Meth

Handling:
KW V3 Coilovers | CS Camber Plates | SPC Rear Camber Arms | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/40/18 | Full Damond Motor Mounts | JBR Weighted Shift Knob | JBR Shift Bushings | JBR Rear Sway Bar | Damond Short Shift Plate

Other:
Cobb Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers | Speedline Hood Struts | Corksport CF Hood Scoop | Damond OCC Stage 1 | Corksport E-Brake | Corksport Steering Wheel | Avid.1 AV-20 Wheels 18x8 +35
andale927 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andale927 For This Useful Post:
monkey.bones.007 (05-23-2017)
 Old 05-23-2017, 08:36 PM   #11200

monkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,596 Times in 2,021 Posts
Groans: 98
Groaned at 296 Times in 73 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by andale927 View Post
Fixed my driver side bumper bracket (no after pic), changed my oil with RP 5w30 and painted my crash bar black because it was rusting in places.

Also built a really sick PC for a customer that I'm proud of.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
2011v3 PC?

crapatalk it sucks for free
monkey.bones.007 is offline   Reply With Quote