register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1937Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-30-2017, 06:43 AM   #11561

JakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by PearlySpeed View Post
Finally made 500hp
Nice! Details of your build please...

One day Iíd like to join the 500HP club.

Cobb AP V3, CBE
CS Turbo tuned by PD
Corksport Catted DP/HPFP Internals
JBR FMIC Pipe Kit w/TR8
CP-E TIP/3.5" Intake
DM OCC/TMM
Forge V2 BPV
Bilstein B8 w/Swift springs
Wilwood 6 pot BBK
EBC RedStuff rear pads
Konig Hypergram 18x8.5"
JakeMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-30-2017, 05:45 PM   #11562

PearlySpeed has much to be proud ofPearlySpeed has much to be proud ofPearlySpeed has much to be proud ofPearlySpeed has much to be proud ofPearlySpeed has much to be proud ofPearlySpeed has much to be proud ofPearlySpeed has much to be proud ofPearlySpeed has much to be proud ofPearlySpeed has much to be proud ofPearlySpeed has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JakeMS3 View Post
Nice! Details of your build please...

One day Iíd like to join the 500HP club.
Manley rods and Pistons
Stock head bolts
Stock main bolts
Stock cylinder head
Still on friction washers
FJ T3 manifold
JMF single runner intake
Kozmic 6th port
Borg Warner S257sxe .82 turbine housing
31-32 psi
E30 fuel

That's really about it
 Old 11-30-2017, 08:31 PM   #11563

Bingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the world
Groans: 15
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by krimsonviper View Post
How do you clean that thing? I have the same issue and I searched, but didnít see a mention of how to clean it, just that it was cleaned. Brass brush or something? Anyway to prevent or slow the corrosion, if I find any? Die electric grease?
I just pulled it and took a Q-tip soaked in isopropyl alcohol and scrubbed the contacts. It worked fine for a couple days, but now my passenger rear window will not roll down from the master switch. The driver rear works fine which it didn't before. So, I'll have to do it again with something more heavy duty. I'm gonna try steel wool and look into a dielectric grease. I'm positive it's just a contact issue.

Things that don't: Gen Pu wheels, CPE center pod with Prosport boost, OP, and OT gauges.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
krimsonviper (11-30-2017)
 Old 12-01-2017, 10:24 AM   #11564

Bexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 1
Groaned at 18 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So awhile back I ordered Hawk Sector 27 front brake kit. When I received it, they sent me the rear. After calling Jegs, they agreed to replace it if I sent it in.
With the same exact kit.

So I said just give me a refund, purchased Stoptech centric blanks. On the hunt for pads if y'all have any new suggestions other than EBC greenstuff. Might go with Corksport pads, haven't decided.

Cobb: APV3, shiftknob, TIP Corksport: intake, SSP, HPFP, strut tower bar, hoodscoop
JBR:
rear sway bar + big brackets, recirc hose, shifter bushings CP-E: stage 2 RMM GFB: blow off
Bexar is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #11565

Jonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 24 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bexar View Post
So awhile back I ordered Hawk Sector 27 front brake kit. When I received it, they sent me the rear. After calling Jegs, they agreed to replace it if I sent it in.
With the same exact kit.

So I said just give me a refund, purchased Stoptech centric blanks. On the hunt for pads if y'all have any new suggestions other than EBC greenstuff. Might go with Corksport pads, haven't decided.

Hawk hps are good. Less initial bite but they definitely stop for a stock equivalent. Has little brake dust. Iíve heard good reviews on the CS as well. Couldnít go wrong with either I guess.

Sent while probably pooping
CS TIP/SRI CS RMM CS Sexy Steering Wheel CS Springs & Struts CS Shirt Throw Shifter CS Shifter Bushings CS TBE CS Boost Tubes CP-e TMIC HKS BOV in resirc DM Vented OCC DM TMM DM PMM DM SSP Autotech Internals Custom E33 Freaktune
Jonb82 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-02-2017, 02:37 AM   #11566

Marcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 22 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ordered the H&R coils followed by Moog adj. rear camber arms. They list them as just rear arms but they look to be adjustable.

I'm also dying to straighten out work/potential new jobs so I can get all those freaking parts in my sig, off my sig and onto my car!
2006 Moist Metallica Silver Speed6 GT #6557 @ 249,650km on the k04. OE block.clutch.trans.
Intake Valves/Fuel Injector's never serviced, new clutch needed

Corksport: IC.RMM.TIP.FSB.Tubes.Strut Tower.JBR: 70a Sides.SSP.51r SURE: Dreadnaught.Juggernaught.Anchors.FlowM6.
Hypertech.MS CAI & SRI.Turbosmart DS BOV.Cobb EBCS.AT HPFP.Deatchsworks.CPe SafeSeals.Redline Trans.Diff. Motul Brake Fluid.
H&R Coils.Moog Camber Arms.Whiteline Adj RSB.SPC Ball Joints.SU Rear Interior Brace.StopTech Perf Pads.Centric X-D Rotors.TechnaFit Braided Clutch-Brake Lines.Damond PS Cooler.Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ 235/40/18.Drag DR-38 +47. Gloss Black Blue Undercut. Pirelli Sottozero s2 240 215/45/18. MS6 OEMs.

To Install: CS Turbo/IM/DP/3.5 MAP/tubes/OCC, APv3, DM EGR, VG Antennae, SURE Full3 Aeros/Rad Hoses
To Order: Full Race Tubular Exhaust Mani/Vent plate, Stratified Tune
Thinking about: Flowmasters

Last edited by Marcus; 12-02-2017 at 02:40 AM. Reason: didnt read what was being talked about. Good thing I have something to add.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-03-2017, 02:42 AM   #11567

krimsonviper has a spectacular aura aboutkrimsonviper has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got around to doing my headlights. They were a little foggy. Used Meguiarís. I was a little hesitant because I did my parentís headlights on their Lexus and it came out a little foggy still, but not yellow anymore. I thought Meguiarís changed their formula, but after doing mine it wasnít the case. My headlights came out brand new looking. Not sure why my parentís were still slightly foggy.

PICS!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D6122BDC-1AC3-493C-A522-4E385CC5D1A6.jpeg (2.15 MB, 25 views)
File Type: jpeg 33BC4C82-9FE8-4560-9AEE-39C180BCD920.jpeg (549.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpeg 8DE7C05D-190F-466E-8EA9-4E45EF638693.jpeg (581.5 KB, 26 views)
Bexar likes this.
3. The answer might have gone over my head and I need clarification.

Not modding just to mod. If something in maintenance comes up and aftermarket offers me something Iíll probably take it.
krimsonviper is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-06-2017, 11:27 AM   #11568

Jonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 24 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default What did you do to your ride today?

Swapped out my Raceseng Slammer with their Circuit Cylinder. Went from a weighted knob to a light weight one. Love the better feed back when rowing through the gears that this one produces.

Also seems like we could rig this up for whenever the wife and me experiment with pegging.

CS TIP/SRI CS RMM CS Sexy Steering Wheel CS Springs & Struts CS Shirt Throw Shifter CS Shifter Bushings CS TBE CS Boost Tubes CP-e TMIC HKS BOV in resirc DM Vented OCC DM TMM DM PMM DM SSP Autotech Internals Custom E33 Freaktune
Jonb82 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-10-2017, 12:46 PM   #11569

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 70
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ac port for my battery maintainer in the trunk.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 5doorsoffury For This Useful Post:
Pu Manchu (12-11-2017)
 Old 12-10-2017, 08:54 PM   #11570

krimsonviper has a spectacular aura aboutkrimsonviper has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

I’ve never seen that before. Is “battery maintainer” an obvious name, or what is it?

Washed, clayed and applied Rain-X to my windows. I’ll be applying wax tomorrow. I really wish I had a polisher and the compounds. The previous owner wasn’t the best at taking care of the paint and there’s a lot of webbing. Lots of dirt stuck to the paint that only the clay bar could remove. When I get around to rotating the tires, I’m going to clean, clay and wax those bitches, too.

*Shot on a Hero 5, no editing

Not modding just to mod. If something in maintenance comes up and aftermarket offers me something Iíll probably take it.
 Old 12-11-2017, 12:44 AM   #11571
MSF's Punishing Member

Pu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,115 Times in 1,738 Posts
Groans: 524
Groaned at 169 Times in 106 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Iíve never seen that before. Is ďbattery maintainerĒ an obvious name, or what is it?
he drives a hybrid.
krimsonviper (12-11-2017)
 Old 12-11-2017, 09:38 AM   #11572

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 70
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Iíve never seen that before. Is ďbattery maintainerĒ an obvious name, or what is it?

Washed, clayed and applied Rain-X to my windows. Iíll be applying wax tomorrow. I really wish I had a polisher and the compounds. The previous owner wasnít the best at taking care of the paint and thereís a lot of webbing. Lots of dirt stuck to the paint that only the clay bar could remove. When I get around to rotating the tires, Iím going to clean, clay and wax those bitches, too.

*Shot on a Hero 5, no editing
It is to keep my hilti brand dildo charged and ready to go for instant fun at park n rides . Nothing like hammer mode.

It is for my trunk mounted battery. Yes it is a common name... It charges the battery at a low 1.5 amp floating charge. I have a 100ma parasitic draw when the car is off for any extended period of time. A bad bcm is to blame. I used to have it installed under my hood but i didn't put it back in since i had no where to run the cord to. It is installed in the jack compartment and it runs to that recessed male ac outlet along with the vent tube.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 5doorsoffury For This Useful Post:
krimsonviper (12-11-2017)
 Old 12-11-2017, 01:00 PM   #11573

spinfly can only hope to improve
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got around to doing my headlights. They were a little foggy. Used Meguiarís. I was a little hesitant because I did my parentís headlights on their Lexus and it came out a little foggy still, but not yellow anymore. I thought Meguiarís changed their formula, but after doing mine it wasnít the case. My headlights came out brand new looking. Not sure why my parentís were still slightly foggy.

PICS!
Which Megiars Kit did you use?
spinfly is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-11-2017, 04:24 PM   #11574

alden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant future
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jonb82 View Post

Swapped out my Raceseng Slammer with their Circuit Cylinder. Went from a weighted knob to a light weight one. Love the better feed back when rowing through the gears that this one produces.

Also seems like we could rig this up for whenever the wife and me experiment with pegging.

That's a nice shift knob, but god DAMN it's expensive!
alden is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-11-2017, 06:49 PM   #11575

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by spinfly View Post
Which Megiars Kit did you use?
Their most aggressive one.

Got around to doing a layer ignored Gold Class with carnauba wax. Thereís a ceramic coating product out there I wish I had, but I gotta use up this stuff first. Donít want to waste! Iíll be doing a second coating after my two final tomorrow. That wet look is so sexy in that second pic.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:32 PM   #11576

alden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant future
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Today I broke off my front lip. We got what seems like 2 feet of snow, so I guess I should have expected those little self tapping screws to fail at some point. Stupidly, I used nuts and bolts on the sides by the wheel well, and just kept the self tapping screws along the front. Now, I'm left with the sides of the lip still attached, and the face of the lip just completely broke off. lol FML. Will be ordering a new one tonight and attaching it properly. lesson learned.
alden is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-13-2017, 04:36 PM   #11577
MSF's Punishing Member

Pu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

think i finally fixed a leaky vband.

who needs friends when you have bungee cords
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wtewF9d.jpg (832.1 KB, 24 views)
Marcus likes this.
 Old 12-14-2017, 05:33 PM   #11578

Marcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bought a new air filter Monday and sweet jeebus ms mazda appreciated that. I (kinda) forgot about it as I expected to have the new intake and turbo all installed by the fall. Then a friendly reminder came in the form of a 40% mileage drop per tank (450km to 270ish) and that couldnt be from a blown strut alone. So rhetorical but such a difference lol/smh

Also picked up the H&R coils, camber arms and sure bushing replacements from the drop box today. I wasnt sure what to expect with the moog arms but they have a structurally sound feel to them, or heavy.
2006 Moist Metallica Silver Speed6 GT #6557 @ 249,650km on the k04. OE block.clutch.trans.

Corksport: IC.RMM.TIP.FSB.Tubes.Strut Tower.JBR: 70a Sides.SSP.51r SURE: Dreadnaught.Juggernaught.Anchors.FlowM6.
Hypertech.MS CAI & SRI.Turbosmart DS BOV.Cobb EBCS.AT HPFP.Deatchsworks.CPe SafeSeals.Redline Trans.Diff. Motul Brake Fluid.
H&R Coils.Moog Camber Arms.Whiteline Adj RSB.SPC Ball Joints.SU Rear Interior Brace.StopTech Perf Pads.Centric X-D Rotors.TechnaFit Braided Clutch-Brake Lines.Damond PS Cooler.Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ 235/40/18.Drag DR-38 +47. Gloss Black Blue Undercut. Pirelli Sottozero s2 240 215/45/18. MS6 OEMs.

To Install: CS Turbo/IM/DP/3.5 MAP/tubes/OCC, APv3, DM EGR, VG Antennae, SURE Full3 Aeros/Rad Hoses
 Old 12-14-2017, 06:04 PM   #11579

Not Ranked  0 score     

Is Moog any good? Found a video a few weeks back regarding them that they didn’t even last a month. The terrible customer service she received is what shied me away from them.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:41 PM   #11580

Not Ranked  0 score     

Is Moog any good? Found a video a few weeks back regarding them that they didn’t even last a month. The terrible customer service she received is what shied me away from them.
Looks like I missed that video. They seem to be a go to choice for their end links and I havent heard much if anything bad about them until your post. If you compare the SPC rear camber arms off edgeautosport and then these, Moog has a definitively more forged square look than the SPC where SPC is curved and thin on material comparably in the same area. But I based my decision to try Moog on two things: the apparent difference in what I just described between internet pics (oh I know) and, previously I had to warranty one SPC adj. ball joint and before I could send it back to RPM, SPC informed RPM that SPC had decided just not to consider taking it back and denied a warranty ticket/process. RPM cut me a deal on a new SPC ball joint iirc. But I'm also the guy that has SURE parts work out for him without much issue. So 50/50 right

Here's a pic of one I just opened up. I tried for another pic with the flash but I've dropped my phone way too many times so the shutter didnt open and the app closed itself. I also included links to both Edge and suspension.com, where I picked up the moog. In my non engineering opinion, Moog > SPC by far on a purely visual level.

Moog RK-100171
SPC via Edge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moog rear camber arm.jpg (768.0 KB, 19 views)

Old 12-14-2017, 06:42 PM   #11581

GTP44 has a spectacular aura aboutGTP44 has a spectacular aura aboutGTP44 has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed...
Stoptech slotted rotors
Akebono pads and
Goodridge SS brake lines all around.
Detailed calipers real well and sprayed them with VHT Satin black.
Cleaned all the old balancing weight tape off the inside of the rims while they were off.....that balance weight tape is tough stuff.!!
Marcus likes this.

Hella Supertones/Interior LED's/Raceseng Rondure shift knob/Speed3 badge delete/Rear wiper delete

AP V3/Test Pipe/CS Sway bar and bushings/Moog end links/Cobb Stage2 3" SS downpipe/RMM/TIH/SRI/HPFP/NGK Iridium/Stoptech slotted rotors/Akebono pads/Goodridge SS brake lines/Motul 660 brake fluid/CS shift plate/FREEKTUNE w/E-85

2016 Ford Transit w/Eco-Boost
1990 Consulier GTP-LX #44 Shelby Powered
GTP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GTP44 For This Useful Post:
Pu Manchu (12-15-2017)
 Old 12-15-2017, 03:15 PM   #11582

Bexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 18 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got a CS hoodscoop as part of a group of parts I bought

Cobb: APV3, shiftknob, TIP Corksport: intake, SSP, HPFP, strut tower bar, hoodscoop
JBR:
rear sway bar + big brackets, recirc hose, shifter bushings CP-E: stage 2 RMM GFB: blow off
Bexar is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-15-2017, 10:43 PM   #11583

Adamxx6 will become famous soon enoughAdamxx6 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

I also got a rice catcher
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170912_163802917.jpg (524.1 KB, 29 views)
Bexar likes this.
Adamxx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-15-2017, 11:56 PM   #11584
MSF's Punishing Member

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by GTP44 View Post
Installed...
Stoptech slotted rotors
Akebono pads and
Goodridge SS brake lines all around.
Detailed calipers real well and sprayed them with VHT Satin black.
Cleaned all the old balancing weight tape off the inside of the rims while they were off.....that balance weight tape is tough stuff.!!
ok but what is that thing in your avatar? can we get that thing on youtube with doug demuro?
 Old 12-16-2017, 05:28 AM   #11585

GTP44 has a spectacular aura aboutGTP44 has a spectacular aura aboutGTP44 has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

http://Mosler MT900 and Consulier GT...wnshift Ep. 58
Originally Posted by Pu Manchu View Post
ok but what is that thing in your avatar? can we get that thing on youtube with doug demuro?
It is a 1990 Consulier GTP there were only 82 made.
Mine is #44
They weigh around 1800 pounds and it has 212 hp.
They are banned from IMSA racing because it won so much in the 90's
There is an awesome interview with the owner/inventor attached it has a very interesting quote from Carrol Shelby about half way in....worth your time for sure.
Even though its not about a Mazda its a good part of automotive history .
Marcus likes this.

Hella Supertones/Interior LED's/Raceseng Rondure shift knob/Speed3 badge delete/Rear wiper delete

AP V3/Test Pipe/CS Sway bar and bushings/Moog end links/Cobb Stage2 3" SS downpipe/RMM/TIH/SRI/HPFP/NGK Iridium/Stoptech slotted rotors/Akebono pads/Goodridge SS brake lines/Motul 660 brake fluid/CS shift plate/FREEKTUNE w/E-85

2016 Ford Transit w/Eco-Boost
1990 Consulier GTP-LX #44 Shelby Powered
GTP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GTP44 For This Useful Post:
g00s3y (12-18-2017), monkey.bones.007 (12-16-2017), Pu Manchu (12-20-2017)
 Old 12-18-2017, 11:50 AM   #11586

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,124 Times in 939 Posts
Groans: 410
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here's what it looks like currently... Almost all back to stock...

Old 12-19-2017, 11:24 AM   #11587

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,124 Times in 939 Posts
Groans: 410
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Oh, and if anyone knows where I can get a regular Mazda 3 hatch spoiler, in black or red, on the extreme cheap/free side, that would be awesome.
 Old 12-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #11588

Not Ranked  0 score     

Switched my boost tubes, recirc tube to JBR’s, did a compression test, and re-gapped my plugs to .026. My compression test was weird. The first time I did it I got 120 across the board and was scared because there was a small amount of oil on the hot side of my boost tube. A couple days later I did it again with two kits. 150 on the first test and then 180 on the next. Not sure what is really going on, but I’m happy with the last test.

Oh, and then I washed it again.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:51 PM   #11589

Not Ranked  0 score     

Dropped the car off today for the coil overs/camber arms/bushings.. And the shop called me to tell me I have two seized calipers, cracked rotor and brake pads are done. Only thing i'm really surprised about how the fuck was I stopping for the past month and I swear the brake pads are less than two years old. Ya I know %70~ of braking force is applied to the front..

Best part is, calipers are coming in from Toronto so if they don't show up in time to be installed for Friday shop close, I has no car until Wed. Fuck Christmas right? Fuuuuuuuck.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:49 AM   #11590

monkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,475 Times in 1,950 Posts
Groans: 98
Groaned at 296 Times in 73 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Dropped the car off today for the coil overs/camber arms/bushings.. And the shop called me to tell me I have two seized calipers, cracked rotor and brake pads are done. Only thing i'm really surprised about how the fuck was I stopping for the past month and I swear the brake pads are less than two years old. Ya I know %70~ of braking force is applied to the front..

Best part is, calipers are coming in from Toronto so if they don't show up in time to be installed for Friday shop close, I has no car until Wed. Fuck Christmas right? Fuuuuuuuck.
Are you sure they're telling you the truth? Id ask to keep the old parts and check. I've never heard of cracking rotors/seized calipers in these cars. Even guys that track them. I beat the crap out if my car and I've never had an issue.

crapatalk it sucks for free
monkey.bones.007 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-21-2017, 02:23 PM   #11591

tmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the world
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by monkey.bones.007 View Post
Are you sure they're telling you the truth? Id ask to keep the old parts and check. I've never heard of cracking rotors/seized calipers in these cars. Even guys that track them. I beat the crap out if my car and I've never had an issue.

Might be possible if he sees alot of snow and ice

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
monkey.bones.007 likes this.
 Old 12-22-2017, 08:01 PM   #11592

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by tmillner View Post
Might be possible if he sees alot of snow and ice

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Millner is thinking along the right lines. And I do trust the shop because they have loads of other richer customers to make money off (like one who turbo'd his birthday present lambo). But I was driving up a ski hill (Cypress for the locals) for the donuts and hadnt been on the brakes in a few to 10 minutes up the hill and coasted into the overflow parking. And then I just goosed it and threw the car around. The noise and clunk was evident after approximately donut number 27 that night with a just a small knock in the back end so I stopped and drove away. Next day things were noisy and clunky. Night before I dropped the car, driving out to my parents which is an hour away, I had a good inclination that I had no rear brakes due to where the pedal grabbed and some rear induced under/over steer when I had to jump on them a few times.

I'm guessing the rotor cracked first based on the noise and the calipers were fine for a month and a half, then we had a colder snap with some snow even and here we are. I also opted not to have the rotors machined when the pads were changed last b/c money was tight - not sure if that'd play a part in it.

All because I wanted to check out the Michi AS3+ in the wet fluffy stuff. Well that and a japanese gf loooves the japanese mazdarati and had no idea what donuts were. So obviously we had to change that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Marcus For This Useful Post:
monkey.bones.007 (12-22-2017)
 Old 12-22-2017, 08:32 PM   #11593

monkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,475 Times in 1,950 Posts
Groans: 98
Groaned at 296 Times in 73 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Millner is thinking along the right lines. And I do trust the shop because they have loads of other richer customers to make money off (like one who turbo'd his birthday present lambo). But I was driving up a ski hill (Cypress for the locals) for the donuts and hadnt been on the brakes in a few to 10 minutes up the hill and coasted into the overflow parking. And then I just goosed it and threw the car around. The noise and clunk was evident after approximately donut number 27 that night with a just a small knock in the back end so I stopped and drove away. Next day things were noisy and clunky. Night before I dropped the car, driving out to my parents which is an hour away, I had a good inclination that I had no rear brakes due to where the pedal grabbed and some rear induced under/over steer when I had to jump on them a few times.

I'm guessing the rotor cracked first based on the noise and the calipers were fine for a month and a half, then we had a colder snap with some snow even and here we are. I also opted not to have the rotors machined when the pads were changed last b/c money was tight - not sure if that'd play a part in it.

All because I wanted to check out the Michi AS3+ in the wet fluffy stuff. Well that and a japanese gf loooves the japanese mazdarati and had no idea what donuts were. So obviously we had to change that.
Japanese gf you say?

Marcus likes this.
monkey.bones.007 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-23-2017, 09:02 PM   #11594

Not Ranked  0 score     

Japanese gf you say?

"A" japanese gf. Possibly one of.

Before the board crashed, I was under the name of Shogun.

If you put the names together, you get:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tIzP3Te05E

Ya I cant embed worth shit.
monkey.bones.007 likes this.

Old 12-23-2017, 09:25 PM   #11595

Not Ranked  0 score     

I also picked up my car this morning, which was unexpected. I worked 11-7 today and they said it'd be ready mid day, so no chance to get it until the 27th. Which was obviously balls. I went in thinking I could try to pay early and pick it up after work with my spare key. No one at the desk b/c counter guy was helping bleed my brakes.

And now I'm going to take her for a drive b/c the drive into work was sweet other than an ugly chick in a merc trying to merge into me. The drive home though, I heard a few clunk so it needs to settle.

Initial review of the H&R Coils is definitely an upgrade over the H&R springs over b6's. The front rake is leveled out now. But I'll report back with more in a few weeks time (if I remember).

Last edited by Marcus; 12-23-2017 at 09:28 PM. Reason: by initial review, I mean aboot 30 minutes driving.
 Old 12-23-2017, 11:45 PM   #11596

MoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

I installed my Damond TMM and did an oil change. And as per the usual for any time I do anything to the car, it is running lean. Long story short, it is throwing a P0171 at idle, so I did a pressure test on the intake (pressure tester attached to MAF). Found that I couldn't build pressure due to the Corksport VTA BPV leaking from one of the vta ports. Thinking this had something to do with it, swapped back to stock bpv, and was able to get pressure to hold.

There are no leaks I can see between MAF and turbo (did a soapy water check, no bubbles), and if I start the car it will idle at 14.7 (+18-19 STFT) but the second I touch the gas, it pegs the STFT at 25 and the AFR hangs at 15.43 when it settles at idle again, implying that there is unmetered air that starts showing up after blipping the throttle for some reason. It seems like something cycles on and causes the leak, does this sound like something purge valve related?
For Powah: JBR Tru 3.5" WP, CP-E TMIC, UR V3 Catless DP/Reso. TP, CS Resonated CBE, CS HPFP Internals, Cobb AP, DM PMM, DM TMM, CS Stg 2 RMM, CS Shifter Bushings, CS Dual VTA BPV, South Bend Stage 3 Endurance clutch, Damond Motorsports SSP, CS 3.5bar MAP, Stratified S-OTS+ Stg 3 E85 tune for summer, Pump S-OTS+ Stage 3 for winter, for now

Handling: JBR .250 RSB w/ billet brackets.

So I can see/be seen better: DDM LED for Nagare Accent lights, DDM Switchbacks Front turn signals, Osram CBI's, ADVmonster LED Fogs

To-do List: BNR S4, maybe S5...bottom end build, probably should do brakes/suspension at some point. Shooting for a 450-500whp daily driver.
MoMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-25-2017, 01:00 PM   #11597

roguemazda has much to be proud ofroguemazda has much to be proud ofroguemazda has much to be proud ofroguemazda has much to be proud ofroguemazda has much to be proud ofroguemazda has much to be proud ofroguemazda has much to be proud ofroguemazda has much to be proud ofroguemazda has much to be proud ofroguemazda has much to be proud of
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

bnr 3 fitted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0186.JPG (1,003.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0185.JPG (617.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0192.JPG (128.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0187.JPG (553.4 KB, 16 views)
roguemazda is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-25-2017, 03:47 PM   #11598

Not Ranked  0 score     

Merry Christmas people's!

Continuing my reviews of the parts I had installed, I'm pretty confident I had no bushings left in either the diff brace or mount as not only is my shifting much crisper and properly notchy, I can spin the wheels out of first now. I could only do that before when I tripped a faulty wheel speed sensor which would shut off my abs and tc.

Suspension is still an improvement but the ride height wasnt adjusted due to the shop fixing the brakes, so I can rub all four corners on bumps if I'm not watching my speed. But speed bumps are more manageable, before with the b6s mated to lowering springs, it was like my front suspension had the compression and rebound inverted. Massive front end pop with a sinking drop. Imagine driving 140,000km with struts not meant to be used with lowering springs.. And ya I thought I researched that back then.

Old 12-26-2017, 10:34 PM   #11599

LKTV can only hope to improve
Groaned at 6 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I installed 3 of 4 CS solid shift bushings. The 4th one? Into the driver side pit of doom...sigh. Hopefully a tightened down bolt with washer under it is good enough for the time being, right?
 Old 12-26-2017, 11:55 PM   #11600

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by LKTV View Post
I installed 3 of 4 CS solid shift bushings. The 4th one? Into the driver side pit of doom...sigh. Hopefully a tightened down bolt with washer under it is good enough for the time being, right?
Cant get a magnet on a string into the pit?

I found a half joint under my console once.

A week after going through the border, twice.

Rando quick question for anyone:

If a shop swapped out my suspension, would there be any reason for them to mess with things from the intake to turbo? Just picked a p2177 and am curious if they'd remove it for ease of access to whatever.

Because I had sweet mileage for the half tank after the work over the weekend and now tank #2 , not so much + a code.

Thanks yo!

Last edited by Marcus; 12-26-2017 at 11:55 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost