register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1977Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-27-2017, 12:27 AM   #11601

Marcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 22 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well either the shop is shifty or I have a ton of vibes and blow by force. The nut on the tube from the ebcs to the tip was 4-6 turns out and oil leaking out of it. Was easy to spot.
2006 Moist Metallica Silver Speed6 GT #6557 @ 259,000km on the orig k04. OE block.clutch.trans.
Intake Valves/Fuel Injector's never serviced

Corksport: IC.RMM.TIP.FSB.Tubes.Strut Tower.JBR: 70a Sides.SSP.51r SURE: Dreadnaught.Juggernaught.Anchors.FlowM6.
Hypertech.MS CAI & SRI.Turbosmart DS BOV.Cobb EBCS.AT HPFP.Deatchsworks.CPe SafeSeals.Redline Trans.Diff. Motul Brake Fluid.
H&R Coils.Moog Camber Arms. SPC Ball Joints.Whiteline Adj RSB.SU Rear Interior Brace.StopTech Perf Pads.Centric X-D Rotors.TechnaFit Braided Clutch-Brake Lines.Damond PS Cooler
Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ 235/40/18.Drag DR-38 +47. Gloss Black Blue Undercut. Pirelli Sottozero s2 240 215/45/18. MS6 OEMs.

To Install: CS Turb/IM/DP/3.5 MAP/OCC, APv3, DM EGR, SURE Full3 Aeros/Rad Hoses / PERM PCV Plate, Stratified Tune, OE Clutch Kit/Fidanza Flywheel

Still thinking about Flowmasters
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-27-2017, 06:28 PM   #11602

Marcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Not sure if this tube does go the ebcs but looks like it. The dtc changed from p2177 to a p2187 today - that was after tightening the gold nut and clearing the code. I emailed the shop last night asking if they removed my intake/tip but the mechanic is off sick today so I wont know until tomorrow. I didnt tell them about what I found yet, just asking b/c the car tripped a code. Was looking for my AP to check the trims but looks like I packed that into the box of other goods.

I'll be going to an underground parking lot with some tools soon to probably pull the battery and check the tip from the turbo to filter and the hot side IC tube clamps.

Rando questions: could an exhaust mani / dp leak cause one of the codes? The initial page I found last night about the p2177 was listing the intake side or an o2 sensor. And I do catch my straight pipe on a lot of speed bumps. Or could a blown turbo or turbo seal cause this? I dont mean the amount of oil seeping out of the tube either.

mobile users, the pic is 800k.

edit: after zooming into the pic, anyone else see a gap between the blue tube and the tip?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1126.jpg (882.4 KB, 32 views)
2006 Moist Metallica Silver Speed6 GT #6557 @ 259,000km on the orig k04. OE block.clutch.trans.

Corksport: IC.RMM.TIP.FSB.Tubes.Strut Tower.JBR: 70a Sides.SSP.51r SURE: Dreadnaught.Juggernaught.Anchors.FlowM6.
Hypertech.MS CAI & SRI.Turbosmart DS BOV.Cobb EBCS.AT HPFP.Deatchsworks.CPe SafeSeals.Redline Trans.Diff. Motul Brake Fluid.
H&R Coils.Moog Camber Arms. SPC Ball Joints.Whiteline Adj RSB.SU Rear Interior Brace.StopTech Perf Pads.Centric X-D Rotors.TechnaFit Braided Clutch-Brake Lines.Damond PS Cooler
Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ 235/40/18.Drag DR-38 +47. Gloss Black Blue Undercut. Pirelli Sottozero s2 240 215/45/18. MS6 OEMs.

To Install: CS Turb/IM/DP/3.5 MAP/OCC, APv3, DM EGR, SURE Full3 Aeros/Rad Hoses / PERM PCV Plate, Stratified Tune, OE Clutch Kit/Fidanza Flywheel

Last edited by Marcus; 12-27-2017 at 06:41 PM.
 Old 12-27-2017, 07:22 PM   #11603

monkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,579 Times in 2,007 Posts
Groans: 98
Groaned at 296 Times in 73 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Not sure if this tube does go the ebcs but looks like it. The dtc changed from p2177 to a p2187 today - that was after tightening the gold nut and clearing the code. I emailed the shop last night asking if they removed my intake/tip but the mechanic is off sick today so I wont know until tomorrow. I didnt tell them about what I found yet, just asking b/c the car tripped a code. Was looking for my AP to check the trims but looks like I packed that into the box of other goods.

I'll be going to an underground parking lot with some tools soon to probably pull the battery and check the tip from the turbo to filter and the hot side IC tube clamps.

Rando questions: could an exhaust mani / dp leak cause one of the codes? The initial page I found last night about the p2177 was listing the intake side or an o2 sensor. And I do catch my straight pipe on a lot of speed bumps. Or could a blown turbo or turbo seal cause this? I dont mean the amount of oil seeping out of the tube either.

mobile users, the pic is 800k.

edit: after zooming into the pic, anyone else see a gap between the blue tube and the tip?
Pull the intake and see if there is oil in it. If there is oil follow the path. It could be from your pcv as that is plumbed (stock) into the intake. Do you have catch cans?

crapatalk it sucks for free
monkey.bones.007 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-28-2017, 01:14 AM   #11604

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by monkey.bones.007 View Post
Pull the intake and see if there is oil in it. If there is oil follow the path. It could be from your pcv as that is plumbed (stock) into the intake. Do you have catch cans?

I have a catch can... just in the box still. Tightened up a few things. The sensation is similar to both a throttle body issue but less severe and more like a faulty ebcs. If I idle around a corner at low rpm's in 2nd, I get a fluttery hesitation when on the gas slightly. Under load seems to be semi decent. No new dtc yet.

Old 12-28-2017, 06:49 AM   #11605

monkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have a catch can... just in the box still. Tightened up a few things. The sensation is similar to both a throttle body issue but less severe and more like a faulty ebcs. If I idle around a corner at low rpm's in 2nd, I get a fluttery hesitation when on the gas slightly. Under load seems to be semi decent. No new dtc yet.
If you have excess blow by I'd guess it is your pcv that's failing. I would pull your intake piping and check if your bpv is gummed up with oil, same with your throttle body plate. If you need a pcv plate I've got one I can send you for free fiddy. Changing it sucks as it's under the intake manifold. If you need to replace it you might as well do injector seals and valve cleaning as you'll have shit off.

Marcus likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkey.bones.007 For This Useful Post:
Bexar (12-28-2017), Marcus (12-28-2017)
 Old 12-28-2017, 01:15 PM   #11606

Not Ranked  0 score     

If you have excess blow by I'd guess it is your pcv that's failing. I would pull your intake piping and check if your bpv is gummed up with oil, same with your throttle body plate. If you need a pcv plate I've got one I can send you for free fiddy. Changing it sucks as it's under the intake manifold. If you need to replace it you might as well do injector seals and valve cleaning as you'll have shit off.
I've had excess blow by for a long time which I attributed to my turbo - my hot side tube is fused to the clamp off the IC due to oil saturation (like the clamp pulled some silicone off when I tried to remove it doing the Corksport IC in June). I have noticed an oil film on the bov trumpet for about a year. I remember a review of the CS IC saying if I had shittin stock turbo seals, it'd increase the blow by. Thats one reason why I'm not changing to 0-40w/5-40w, whichever oil we can switch to in the winter. Pretty sure I'd burn it off even faster.

My next two plans, once I start making money again, was for the Injectors and Valves to be serviced by my dealership and then go ahead with the parts in my sig without the exhaust manifold as the price of the mani is the price of the install job for those parts in my sig "to install". I wouldnt be going for a crazy hp tune giving the shape/compression and mileage of my block. Im even debating do I install the CS intake mani on my oe block but the balanced air flow says I should. Looks like that'll be one bigger job for the shop then.

And this free fiddy you speak of, is that 50 cents plus shipping? Stock or aftermarket? I was going to order up the Full Race pcv plate...

Old 12-28-2017, 03:12 PM   #11607

Not Ranked  0 score     

I have some form of exhaust leak post dp. A friend had the door open when I started it and could hear a fart. Have a video, will upload flatter work if any one wants.

Old 12-28-2017, 11:04 PM   #11608

RazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond reputeRazoE has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Replaced my mustache for one without holes, installed my VLEDs switchbacks and swapped out a few dry rotted and cracked lines off my boost controller solenoid and BPV line with silicone.

Also recently swapped out the forge BPV with a Corksport one and heat wrapped my IC, turbo inlet, and intake box.

-2008 Mazdaspeed3
Corksport Stage II SRI - boost tubes - BPV / CP-E Delta TMIC - helihose kit / JBR shifter bushings - Reverse gate - Modified Raider air dam for TMIC / COBB cold air box / Damond short shift plate / Optima yellow top / TheSpeedLine badgeless grille / Mazdaspeed lowering springs and camber arms / DEI gold heat wrap on turbo inlet and TMIC
LEDs: 2016 Corolla LED Projector conversion / VLEDs micro fogs / high beams / V6 Triton brakes / front signals / HVA / 6K HO / LED reflectors / 6K license plate lights/ fender signals / all interior lighting
RazoE is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-29-2017, 09:23 AM   #11609

Not Ranked  0 score     

I've had excess blow by for a long time which I attributed to my turbo - my hot side tube is fused to the clamp off the IC due to oil saturation (like the clamp pulled some silicone off when I tried to remove it doing the Corksport IC in June). I have noticed an oil film on the bov trumpet for about a year. I remember a review of the CS IC saying if I had shittin stock turbo seals, it'd increase the blow by. Thats one reason why I'm not changing to 0-40w/5-40w, whichever oil we can switch to in the winter. Pretty sure I'd burn it off even faster.

My next two plans, once I start making money again, was for the Injectors and Valves to be serviced by my dealership and then go ahead with the parts in my sig without the exhaust manifold as the price of the mani is the price of the install job for those parts in my sig "to install". I wouldnt be going for a crazy hp tune giving the shape/compression and mileage of my block. Im even debating do I install the CS intake mani on my oe block but the balanced air flow says I should. Looks like that'll be one bigger job for the shop then.

And this free fiddy you speak of, is that 50 cents plus shipping? Stock or aftermarket? I was going to order up the Full Race pcv plate...
It's just free, you give me an address and I ship you the part. If you find out you need the pcv plate/valve let me know and I'll get it out to you.

Marcus likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkey.bones.007 For This Useful Post:
Marcus (12-29-2017)
 Old 12-29-2017, 07:08 PM   #11610

Not Ranked  0 score     

It's just free, you give me an address and I ship you the part. If you find out you need the pcv plate/valve let me know and I'll get it out to you.

That'd be super appreciated, I shall definitely let you know. I'm thinking it could be the purge valve reading a few of the newer brownies threads as I'm experiencing some idle fluctuations but nothing a depressed clutch and a bit of gas isn't fixing.

Back to the shop talk, they claim no one touched my intake or exhaust. I asked if the exhaust path could've been tweaked when the diff/sub frame dropped and they said nope.. I think. I'll let them adjust my ride height for free next week and take my money elsewhere after it. I find it coincidental these two things happen post shop and from the picture a few posts up I added, someone clearly handled my intake judging by the lack of dirt in some places.
monkey.bones.007 likes this.

Old 01-02-2018, 11:21 AM   #11611

Not Ranked  0 score     

This is rich.. at the shop now, we went over the ride height adjustments and counter guy asks about the exhaust leak I mentioned.. I explain (again) how it's a farting sound around the mid pipe.. then he mentions they did replace an exhaust gasket near the diff or rear end... The fuck?! If this brownie can audibly identify a leak... Sigh. I'll stop short of out right blaming them right now bc I have bottomed my shit out severely a few times with how low the car is and how soft the h&r coils are.

This will be interesting to see where this goes. I'm expecting bad news regardless. Which is why I'm just about to email my dealership about a leak down test with an oil change / hot engine flush explaining the situation.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #11612

Not Ranked  0 score     

Shop says, hey where we replaced that gasket, there's some yellow paint and the pipes are separated a bit. That'd be the down pipe to mid pipe junction. Right where I expected it. I think that'd explain my idle / recirc issues.

No shit eh.

So they're ordering another gasket which they'll mate with the oem gasket and some high temp silicone to seal it. like I said, I bottomed out severely a few times.

So, I'm left being a satisfied customer since the exhaust leak was identified after the fact, despite a turn around of what they said.I understand a smart shop won't accept blame without seeing it And they were busy as fuck during Christmas and they managed to get me on the road before Christmas with fixing my unexpected brake issues. Also no charge for gaskets or labor on the exhaust and I can't complain.

Last edited by Marcus; 01-02-2018 at 12:54 PM. Reason: added some shit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marcus For This Useful Post:
monkey.bones.007 (01-02-2018)
 Old 01-05-2018, 12:50 PM   #11613

Donnyg20 is a glorious beacon of lightDonnyg20 is a glorious beacon of lightDonnyg20 is a glorious beacon of lightDonnyg20 is a glorious beacon of lightDonnyg20 is a glorious beacon of lightDonnyg20 is a glorious beacon of light
Groans: 0
Not Ranked  0 score     

I bought this guy for 60bucks!

Sounds great ��
Donnyg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-07-2018, 09:06 AM   #11614

Adamxx6 will become famous soon enoughAdamxx6 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got a little intercooler upgrade. havent really noticed a difference in driving as its still freezing here and the roads are a mess. but i think it sure looks good in there
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180106_124322178.jpg (2.52 MB, 26 views)
Adamxx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-08-2018, 06:30 AM   #11615

kTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

New shift knob!

The Following User Says Thank You to kTaLgsTo For This Useful Post:
Pu Manchu (01-10-2018)
 Old 01-08-2018, 09:09 AM   #11616

Jonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 24 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Since we’re on the topic of shift knobs. Just installed this Napa leather short shift boot from redline.

Sent while probably pooping
Bexar likes this.
CS TIP/SRI CS RMM CS Sexy Steering Wheel CS Springs & Struts CS Shirt Throw Shifter CS Shifter Bushings CS TBE CS Boost Tubes CP-e TMIC HKS BOV in resirc DM Vented OCC DM TMM DM PMM DM SSP Autotech Internals Custom E33 Freaktune
Jonb82 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-08-2018, 09:14 AM   #11617

kTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jonb82 View Post

Since we’re on the topic of shift knobs. Just installed this Napa leather short shift boot from redline.

That's a very nice boot, there's a company that makes entire shifter boot/knob assemblies for several different vehicles. They do great work, can't remember their name right now...
Obviously my knob is fake just trying to figure out what to do with all the valve train/engine parts I have laying around my garage. It looked ridiculous and I couldn't help but take a picture.
Jonb82 (01-08-2018)
 Old 01-08-2018, 09:26 AM   #11618

Jonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 24 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default What did you do to your ride today?

Originally Posted by kTaLgsTo View Post
That's a very nice boot, there's a company that makes entire shifter boot/knob assemblies for several different vehicles. They do great work, can't remember their name right now...

Obviously my knob is fake just trying to figure out what to do with all the valve train/engine parts I have laying around my garage. It looked ridiculous and I couldn't help but take a picture.

Thank you kind sir. I’d be interested in that companies name if you can remember it.

CS TIP/SRI CS RMM CS Sexy Steering Wheel CS Springs & Struts CS Shirt Throw Shifter CS Shifter Bushings CS TBE CS Boost Tubes CP-e TMIC HKS BOV in resirc DM Vented OCC DM TMM DM PMM DM SSP Autotech Internals Custom E33 Freaktune
Jonb82 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-08-2018, 09:31 AM   #11619

Not Ranked  0 score     

Sport shifters, unfortunately it looks like no mazda parts, but they do fantastic work. I think they do custom orders too for the $$$.
Hope I am not breaking any rules by linking to their page, some forums are agro about that...
https://www.sportshifters.com/service/product-options/
 Old 01-10-2018, 05:29 PM   #11620

Not Ranked  0 score     

Mocked up a custom catch can, not sure if I love it here yet, but it clears the hood. Need a better way to secure it though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180110_181447.jpg (1.59 MB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180110_182505.jpg (592.7 KB, 19 views)
 Old 01-10-2018, 06:52 PM   #11621

Amplified has a spectacular aura aboutAmplified has a spectacular aura aboutAmplified has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Put my car together after 3 weeks over the holidays because I sent my injectors out for cleaning, also installed a DM OCC, EGR Delete, & SSP and a COBB TIP while I was at it.

need to buy: AT internals, AP v3
need to install: DM RMM, COBB SRI, TS Shifter Bushings
Amplified is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-11-2018, 09:29 AM   #11622
Tachyonic Moderator

MS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,690 Times in 1,889 Posts
Groans: 283
Groaned at 20 Times in 16 Posts

Mocked up a custom catch can, not sure if I love it here yet, but it clears the hood. Need a better way to secure it though.
Zip ties.

Stainless steel zip ties.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
BNR S4, XSPower v3 Exhaust Manifold w/ Tial 44mm EWG Cobb accessport V3, Dizzy Tune in progress CP-e stage2 rmm, tmic, hpfp JBR boost tubes, Tru-3.5in Intake inside a Corksport Cold Air Box, Catless Downpipe & Racepipe, bypass hose, hood scoop, BPV, hood struts, stubby antenna, Aluminum Skid Plate, EBCS, 3.5BAR MAP Sensor, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust DM Full EGR Delete, Passenger Motor Mount, Transmission Motor Mount., Coolant Bypass, VTCS Delete, NGK ILTR6A-7G ,G-LOC R6 Brake pads and Centric High Carbon brake rotors Looks: 25% tint front, 5% back, Heat-blocking front windshield film Escort Passport Max360, RGBW Halos/Demon Eyes 20'' LED Light bar

Use my Updated Custom Google Search to search this forum since the advanced search here is broken
MS3Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MS3Shadow For This Useful Post:
Bexar (01-11-2018)
 Old 01-11-2018, 12:46 PM   #11623

Bexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 18 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well I made a thread but I wanted to drop this here in case anyone has some quick input. My two screens at the top of the dash stopped working. Have pulled and checked most fuses without luck from both pannels. Wiring and everything on the unit was plugged in.

This seemed to happen while I was messing with an amp and the power and ground crossed accidentally (got yanked out). Have tried disconnecting the battery as well. The screen DOES turn on when the vehicle is unlocked, and displays "zoom zoom", but shuts off after the car is started. Radio controls would not work, but A/C and heater CAN be operated (although the screen is off and you can't see what yo're selecting).

Just to clarify its the one red screen that displays radio and hvac info, and the adjacent white screen that shows milage/trip info or whatever. Anyone have ideas before I go crazy not having music ?

Cobb: APV3, shiftknob, TIP Corksport: intake, SSP, HPFP, strut tower bar, hoodscoop
JBR:
rear sway bar + big brackets, recirc hose, shifter bushings CP-E: stage 2 RMM GFB: blow off HKS: filter

To install: downpipe, Damond EGR delete
Bexar is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-11-2018, 12:58 PM   #11624

Not Ranked  0 score     

You need to get a hold of a dmm and start tracing power out, find where it isn't, but should be... I don't have wiring diagrams, but they are all over Google if you look
 Old 01-11-2018, 01:00 PM   #11625

Bexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

You need to get a hold of a dmm and start tracing power out, find where it isn't, but should be... I don't have wiring diagrams, but they are all over Google if you look
I'm bad with wiring. But I'm going to buy a digtal mm and learn how to use it. Hard because I don't exactly know what I'll be looking for

Cobb: APV3, shiftknob, TIP Corksport: intake, SSP, HPFP, strut tower bar, hoodscoop
JBR:
rear sway bar + big brackets, recirc hose, shifter bushings CP-E: stage 2 RMM GFB: blow off HKS: filter

Old 01-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #11626

Not Ranked  0 score     

They can be had for <10.00 check power to the fuses which may be involved with your issue. No power there, then you'll have a good idea what's wrong. More than likely it will be an issue closer to where your problem lies though. I suspect you'll have to take the dash apart
Bexar (01-11-2018)
 Old 01-11-2018, 03:22 PM   #11627

tmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the world
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I wonder if there is a fuse on the radio, I'm not sure if there is. Something to look at

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 Old 01-11-2018, 03:43 PM   #11628

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by tmillner View Post
I wonder if there is a fuse on the radio, I'm not sure if there is. Something to look at

I didn’t find a fuse on the physical unit. I’m almost wondering if it isn’t a module or controller. Either way dash has started to come apart

See in the picture the screen works, but not when you turn the car on

JBR:

Old 01-11-2018, 03:48 PM   #11629

tmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the world
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Could be a different ign fuse. Had something similar happen with a Avalon. Ign 3 fuse linked radio and like the sunroof. Check those fuses under the hood before you go further tearing the dash apart. I'm pretty confident from what you described happened it's either that or a cooked module.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:59 PM   #11630

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by tmillner View Post
Could be a different ign fuse. Had something similar happen with a Avalon. Ign 3 fuse linked radio and like the sunroof. Check those fuses under the hood before you go further tearing the dash apart. I'm pretty confident from what you described happened it's either that or a cooked module.

Checked ignition fuses, they appear to be fine. Doubled check a bunch of others under the hood, nothing blown. Hard to know if any of the relays are bad, not sure how to check any. These main two ignitions are fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBR:

Old 01-11-2018, 04:05 PM   #11631

Not Ranked  0 score     

Solved: replaced seemingly good “Audio 7.5a” fuse with a different one. Screens back and working. Weird, this one doesn’t seem bad to me but the car thinks different. All good thanks for help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBR:

Old 01-11-2018, 06:04 PM   #11632

Not Ranked  0 score     

Fuses can blow partially open (get resistive) but look okay. Glad you found it!!!
Bexar (01-12-2018)
 Old 01-12-2018, 03:46 PM   #11633

Not Ranked  0 score     

Apparently, I have a japanese version of Christine - not sure if she's driving around at night and eating my enemies while I sleep though (that's a movie reference btw).

The shop put the car up to basically jury rig seal my exhaust and then, no leak. It's not there anymore they say. Pretty sure I heard the leak leaving a mall parkade on an up ramp 10 mins before dropping it off. As much as I want to believe my car fixed itself... come on meow.

I'm expecting some type of bad news Tuesday when it's an oil change and purge valve replacement. Doing the purge valve just because basically. Dealership's aware of the almost fiasco with the other shop. They'll be checking the pcv breather, exhaust and hopefully some other shit they might notice. Believe it or not, my dealership is my go to shop for the duration of ownership for most things other than suspension and body work. Not just because they have the book on it but they have access to MZR tech's and my car's made a few phone calls. They also dont have a body shop lol.

My clutch is also starting to slip finally. That's what I thought was the ebcs being gummed up. I had the window down when I had no drive train power but the rpm's were climbing and the turbo was spooling, so my brownie ass finally put two and two together. And I may go with an OE replacement but unsure if it'd be the same clutch or the revised one after the tsb. I'm under the impression my clutch never should've made it this far if you look at my mileage in the sig.

4th gear clutch test is... Start in 4th at 2500~rpm and if I dont stall, then it's toasty?

Old 01-14-2018, 09:05 AM   #11634

El Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,072 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Cheapspeed View Post
Tune it on 93 and call it good.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
No tune, this is staying stock aside from LED light upgrades.

SOLD 2012 LSM Tech - 11/17/17
El Beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-16-2018, 11:32 AM   #11635

Not Ranked  0 score     

Waiting on the purge valve and oil change, threw my first p2197 along with the 2177/87.

Good times.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:16 PM   #11636

AveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Switched out passenger mount nuts for ones that are the correct size and aren’t stripped for peace of mind finally. Also got some yellow fog light covers.

2012 MS3 w/Tech Package

Engine: CS SRI/Tip, AutoTech internals, Damond Banjo Bolt, JBR Boost Tubes, E-Focus Mount, CS Racepipe, Tuned by FREEKTUNE

Trans: CS insert, CS bushings, Damond Shifter Plate

Suspension: Koni Orange with OEM springs, Konig Controls 17x7 with 225/45 Conti DW's

Appearance: CP-E Relocation Plate, Smoked Taillights, Bumper Guard, CS Steering wheel/Shift knob/E-brake handle,dumb stickers
AveryPlaysBass is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-16-2018, 01:17 PM   #11637

Not Ranked  0 score     

Forgot to reflash the hypertech after leaving the dealership and got a u1900 and a 2187 within a minute of driving. Just cleared those and reflashed, time to drive...

Old 01-17-2018, 03:25 PM   #11638
NV7

NV7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Cleaned my EGR today. Oem turbo inlet pipe snapped so I was "forced" to order a cobb inlet. hopefully installing it tomorrow.
kTaLgsTo likes this.
NV7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-18-2018, 03:40 PM   #11639
NV7

NV7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed Cobb TIP today. Turbo feels very responsive with it on.
NV7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-18-2018, 04:55 PM   #11640

JakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by NV7 View Post
Installed Cobb TIP today. Turbo feels very responsive with it on.
Just the TIP?? J/k, I had to man. Lol

Cobb AP V3, CBE
CS Turbo tuned by PD
Corksport Catted DP/HPFP Internals
JBR FMIC Pipe Kit w/TR8
CP-E TIP/3.5" Intake
DM OCC/TMM
Forge V2 BPV
Bilstein B8 w/Swift springs
Wilwood 6 pot BBK
EBC RedStuff rear pads
Konig Hypergram 18x8.5"