register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1977Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-01-2018, 02:58 AM   #11721

Mazdaspeed6RDC will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Clearly, I am a noob and this was really the first time I took on a project for a car. I installed a corksport rear motor mount, corksport turbo inlet, Cobb SF intake, Autotech HPFP internals, and a Cobb AP3. When I first took everything apart, I accidentally nicked the x-ring for piston housing and didnít want to risk re-using it. So I ordered a new one and when it finally came in, I went ahead and put everything back together. Tried starting it and it wouldnít start. I fount out through the gauges and codes on my AP that it was something electrical, so I finally found I missed a set of harnesses. Then I was able to start it up, and it ran like ass. RPM was everywhere, would almost stall when I would shift, and wouldnít go over 4k rpm or 55 mph. After figuring out it was running really lean, I figured it was the HPFP. I realized I had forgoten to tighten down the main bolt in the pump. After taking it apart again and fixing everything, it ran great. It still does. With a noticeable difference in power. Clearly Iím an idiot for making these rookie mistakes and Iím looking forward to hearing you guys give me shit for it, haha. Just trying to make you all feel better when you guys make mistakes...
Mazdaspeed6RDC is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-01-2018, 06:10 AM   #11722

kTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mazdaspeed6RDC View Post
Clearly, I am a noob and this was really the first time I took on a project for a car. I installed a corksport rear motor mount, corksport turbo inlet, Cobb SF intake, Autotech HPFP internals, and a Cobb AP3. When I first took everything apart, I accidentally nicked the x-ring for piston housing and didnít want to risk re-using it. So I ordered a new one and when it finally came in, I went ahead and put everything back together. Tried starting it and it wouldnít start. I fount out through the gauges and codes on my AP that it was something electrical, so I finally found I missed a set of harnesses. Then I was able to start it up, and it ran like ass. RPM was everywhere, would almost stall when I would shift, and wouldnít go over 4k rpm or 55 mph. After figuring out it was running really lean, I figured it was the HPFP. I realized I had forgoten to tighten down the main bolt in the pump. After taking it apart again and fixing everything, it ran great. It still does. With a noticeable difference in power. Clearly Iím an idiot for making these rookie mistakes and Iím looking forward to hearing you guys give me shit for it, haha. Just trying to make you all feel better when you guys make mistakes...
IDIOT

There, I did my part. At least it's running well again.
 Old 04-01-2018, 01:01 PM   #11723

JakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mazdaspeed6RDC View Post
Donít beat yourself up man at least you did it on your own and in the process of this you became a little closer to your car. Next time, if a local speed member needs help with a HPFP youíll be intimate with the process and able to lend a hand and know what not to do.

Cobb AP V3, CBE
CS Turbo tuned by PD
Corksport Catted DP/HPFP Internals
JBR FMIC Pipe Kit w/TR8
CP-E TIP/3.5" Intake
DM OCC/TMM
Forge V2 BPV
Bilstein B8 w/Swift springs
Wilwood 6 pot BBK
EBC RedStuff rear pads
Konig Hypergram 18x8.5"
JakeMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-02-2018, 01:03 PM   #11724

ABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the world
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

New Denso ITV22's and threw the summer wheels on over the weekend. Also, replaced a wheel bearing hub assembly on my mom's 2006 Prius. That was kind of a bitch since we had no press.

Current Mods
JBR Solid Shifter Bushings: Corksport Stage II SRI/TIP: CP-E Stage II Rear Motor Mount: AutoTech Internals: Cobb AccessPort V3: UR Test Pipe: Cobb 3" Catback Exhaust: JBR Boost Tubes: ETS TMIC: Denso ITV22s: JBR EGR Block Off Kit: JBR RSB: TS Kompact BPV: Tuned by Rob
ABOSWORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-02-2018, 05:57 PM   #11725

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 74
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Rebuilt/cleaned my GFB hybrid bpv. It got rid of a annoying issue. When ever i put the car in neutral from any gear while approaching a stop the rpms would drop down and dip below idle then bounch back to my normal idle rpm. The car would go rich when this happened. It also fixed my hesitation right after a shift.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 5doorsoffury For This Useful Post:
Pu Manchu (04-03-2018)
 Old 04-03-2018, 05:16 PM   #11726

Marcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 22 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just ordered two Moog adjustable ball joints. If I replaced the "loose" SPC again, that'd be number four in total or the third on the passenger side. Would that indicate a potential end link problem or just the end result of using b6's with lowering springs, which is a no no?
2006 Moist Metallica Silver Speed6 GT #6557 @ 259,000km on the orig k04. OE block.clutch.trans.
Intake Valves/Fuel Injector's never serviced

Corksport: IC.RMM.TIP.FSB.Tubes.Strut Tower.JBR: 70a Sides.SSP.51r SURE: Dreadnaught.Juggernaught.Anchors.FlowM6.
Hypertech.MS CAI & SRI.Turbosmart DS BOV.Cobb EBCS.AT HPFP.Deatchsworks.CPe SafeSeals.Redline Trans.Diff. Motul Brake Fluid.
H&R Coils.Moog Camber Arms. SPC Ball Joints.Whiteline Adj RSB.SU Rear Interior Brace.StopTech Perf Pads.Centric X-D Rotors.TechnaFit Braided Clutch-Brake Lines.Damond PS Cooler
Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ 235/40/18.Drag DR-38 +47. Gloss Black Blue Undercut. Pirelli Sottozero s2 240 215/45/18. MS6 OEMs.

To Install: CS Turb/IM/DP/3.5 MAP/OCC, APv3, DM EGR, SURE Full3 Aeros/Rad Hoses / PERM PCV Plate, Stratified Tune, OE Clutch Kit/Fidanza Flywheel

Still thinking about Flowmasters
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2018, 04:48 AM   #11727

Tifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond reputeTifosi42 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed DM PMM and TMM. I already have Cpe stage 2 RMM, but adding these two mounts really give the car a solid feel and it shifts better. As for NVH, the mirrors vibrate a little and there is more transmission gear noise (race car sounds), but none of that bothers me because this car is no longer a daily driver for me. I’m interested to see how much of a difference they make at the strip with the Hoosiers.
Db09ms3 (04-18-2018)
 Old 04-08-2018, 09:26 PM   #11728

jdspeed is a name known to alljdspeed is a name known to alljdspeed is a name known to alljdspeed is a name known to alljdspeed is a name known to alljdspeed is a name known to all
Groans: 8
Not Ranked  0 score     

Finally bit the bullet and started modding my 2013. Been driving around completlly stock other than Sure intake for 4 years. Just installed autotech internals, damond rmm, and v3 accessport. Running Cobb stg 1 map and wow what a different car it feels like. Wish I had done it years ago. Wanted to run e85 but only lcoal gas station I know of that carries it has recently stopped and now had ethenol free bullshit.can't wait to get a custom tune and do more. Working on a catch can. I just made this one for my friends powerstroke. Figured I'd test it out on his before I build one for mine.
Also ,what's up with having to take an online class to be able to get ACCESSTUNER? It didn't used to be this way did it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180408_235106.jpg (3.69 MB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 20180408_235229.jpg (3.98 MB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20180408_235130.jpg (3.82 MB, 18 views)

Last edited by jdspeed; 04-08-2018 at 10:44 PM.
jdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jdspeed For This Useful Post:
Db09ms3 (04-10-2018)
 Old 04-10-2018, 08:22 PM   #11729
MSF's Punishing Member

Pu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,247 Times in 1,812 Posts
Groans: 539
Groaned at 179 Times in 116 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jdspeed View Post
Also ,what's up with having to take an online class to be able to get ACCESSTUNER? It didn't used to be this way did it?
it definitely did not used to be this way. the v3 is a still solid value for an enthusiast product though.
 Old 04-11-2018, 12:21 PM   #11730

soulitified is a jewel in the roughsoulitified is a jewel in the roughsoulitified is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed the Spin-On Oil Filter Conversion Kit. Was a PITA getting to the top right bolt.

My OEM filter housing was leaking and this solved the problem, thankfully.

ACT: 6 Puck
Autotech: HPFP Internals
BF Goodrich G-Force Comp-2 [225/40/18]
Cobb: AccessPort, FMIC Piping v2, SRI
CS: Injector Seals, TIP, EBCS
Damond: EGR Delete, RMM, PMM, 2 OCC's & PCV Plate
Eibach: Sportline Springs
Enkei GSR's
GoFastBits: TMS Dualport BOV
JBR: IM/TB Coolant Delete + Gaskets, RSB + Tru-Torsion Billet Bracket/Bushings
Koni: Yellows Struts
Manzo: Downpipe
Megan Racing: Camber Arms
Racing Beat: CBE w/ Muffler Delete
Treadstone: TR8 Core
Whiteline: ALK, Bumpsteer Kit, Poly Bushings, Rear Endlinks
soulitified is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-11-2018, 06:52 PM   #11731
MSF's Punishing Member

Pu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by soulitified View Post
Installed the Spin-On Oil Filter Conversion Kit. Was a PITA getting to the top right bolt.

My OEM filter housing was leaking and this solved the problem, thankfully.
it's too late now, but the trick is to loosen the 15mm holding the oil cooler on first, then push it up and out of the way so you can get an extension in
 Old 04-11-2018, 07:08 PM   #11732

greg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 22 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I removed the head off my engine while it was still in the car. Epic
MS3RedDemon likes this.
greg08 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-12-2018, 04:37 PM   #11733
MSF's Punishing Member

Not Ranked  0 score     

Front sway bar bushings, they were absolutely wrecked and it sounded like the front end was falling apart. job wasn't as bad as i heard, definitely no subframe drop needed.

2 chewed up old ones on the outside, 2 new ones in the middle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1aqHBEC.jpg (685.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg iZ5GV0q.jpg (798.2 KB, 29 views)
Db09ms3 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pu Manchu For This Useful Post:
Db09ms3 (04-12-2018)
 Old 04-12-2018, 04:39 PM   #11734

Db09ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeDb09ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeDb09ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeDb09ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeDb09ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeDb09ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeDb09ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeDb09ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeDb09ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeDb09ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeDb09ms3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 59
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Pu Manchu View Post
Front sway bar bushings, they were absolutely wrecked and it sounded like the front end was falling apart. job wasn't as bad as i heard, definitely no subframe drop needed.

2 chewed up old ones on the outside, 2 new ones in the middle.
Felt the same way when I did mine last year. No big fuckin' deal. I was surprised on how stiff the new bushing was, no homo.
 Old 04-13-2018, 03:40 PM   #11735

Marcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ended up getting 12 years out of a headlight.
2006 Moist Metallica Silver Speed6 GT #6557 @ 259,000km on the orig k04. OE block.clutch.trans.

Corksport: IC.RMM.TIP.FSB.Tubes.Strut Tower.JBR: 70a Sides.SSP.51r SURE: Dreadnaught.Juggernaught.Anchors.FlowM6.
Hypertech.MS CAI & SRI.Turbosmart DS BOV.Cobb EBCS.AT HPFP.Deatchsworks.CPe SafeSeals.Redline Trans.Diff. Motul Brake Fluid.
H&R Coils.Moog Camber Arms. SPC Ball Joints.Whiteline Adj RSB.SU Rear Interior Brace.StopTech Perf Pads.Centric X-D Rotors.TechnaFit Braided Clutch-Brake Lines.Damond PS Cooler
Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ 235/40/18.Drag DR-38 +47. Gloss Black Blue Undercut. Pirelli Sottozero s2 240 215/45/18. MS6 OEMs.

To Install: CS Turb/IM/DP/3.5 MAP/OCC, APv3, DM EGR, SURE Full3 Aeros/Rad Hoses / PERM PCV Plate, Stratified Tune, OE Clutch Kit/Fidanza Flywheel

Old 04-18-2018, 04:51 PM   #11736

kTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed curb feelers on the ltd.
For you youngins, that's so I can protect my 28 year old wheels which still have no curb rash.
The Following User Says Thank You to kTaLgsTo For This Useful Post:
Db09ms3 (04-18-2018)
 Old 04-18-2018, 05:20 PM   #11737

AveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond reputeAveryPlaysBass has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Washed my car for the first time in a month. Also plastidipped those stupid fog light bezels to get rid of that nasty cheap plastic look. Hopefully going to install some Autolote Iridiums on my car this weekend, been 20K since I last swapped plugs.

2012 MS3 w/Tech Package

Engine: CS SRI/Tip, AutoTech internals, Damond Banjo Bolt, JBR Boost Tubes, E-Focus Mount, CS Racepipe, Tuned by FREEKTUNE

Trans: CS insert, CS bushings, Damond Shifter Plate

Suspension: Koni Orange with OEM springs, Konig Controls 17x7 with 225/45 Conti DW's

Appearance: CP-E Relocation Plate, Smoked Taillights, Bumper Guard, CS Steering wheel/Shift knob/E-brake handle,dumb stickers
AveryPlaysBass is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-19-2018, 06:19 AM   #11738

crankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the world
Groaned at 12 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nothing.
But, after returning from a business trip and driving a brand new Nissan Rogue for 3 days, I have renewed appreciation for my 6 year old Mazda.
 Old 04-19-2018, 04:54 PM   #11739

Not Ranked  0 score     

Dropped off the car for the following:

replacing both headlights
replacing the front ball joints
wheel swap from winters to all seasons
and dropping the car about an inch since I've been almost 4x4'ing with how soft the H&R coils are and my winters are a taller sidewall than my AS's.

I know this is an ms3 thread but a PSA for anyone looking into moog adjustable ball joints: they're only adjustable before they're pressed in/on. Just got the call from the shop on that one but hopefully this translates to some type of longer product life but will obviously be a hassle if I want to change it.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:13 PM   #11740

andale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud of
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed an oil cooler for my upcoming trackday:

MS3RedDemon likes this.

Power:
BNR S4 v2 Turbocharger | JBR 3.5" Aluminum Intake | JBR Battery Box | GFB Respons BPV |Depo Racing Catless Downpipe | Bosch 3 BAR MAP | JBR 3 Port EBC | Treadstone TR8 Kit w/ Piping | Autotech HPFP Internals | Ultimate Racing Catback | Cobb Accessport V3 | Devils Own Meth Kit (D05) | Custom Tru-Cool Oil Cooler | FREEKTUNED E30 Mix+Meth

Handling:
KW V3 Coilovers | CS Camber Plates | SPC Rear Camber Arms | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/40/18 | Full Damond Motor Mounts | JBR Weighted Shift Knob | JBR Shift Bushings | JBR Rear Sway Bar | Damond Short Shift Plate

Other:
Cobb Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers | Speedline Hood Struts | Corksport CF Hood Scoop | Damond OCC Stage 1 | Corksport E-Brake | Corksport Steering Wheel | Avid.1 AV-20 Wheels 18x8 +35
andale927 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andale927 For This Useful Post:
Pu Manchu (05-16-2018)
 Old 05-17-2018, 06:17 PM   #11741

ToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Some alcantara goodness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2AC681C0-D9D1-477B-8799-33D0F7434153.jpeg (3.06 MB, 36 views)
Db09ms3 likes this.
Rice: RallyArmor, Morimoto XB LED Fogs, VLeds Triton Reverse Lights, Redline boots and armrest cover, Maisonvi shift knob.
Audio: Pioneer AVIC-7100NEX
ToyCop is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-17-2018, 06:24 PM   #11742

JSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the world
Groans: 90
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did this a while ago. Made a thread on the other place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180225_175103.jpg (1.59 MB, 38 views)
MS3RedDemon likes this.
JSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JSmith For This Useful Post:
andale927 (05-19-2018)
 Old 05-25-2018, 09:11 AM   #11743

lazza151 is on a distinguished road
Not Ranked  0 score     
Cool Cobb RMM on its way!

Just a qiuck update guys.

I'm already quite excited by the prospect of getting a Cobb RMM , it's been shipped and is on it's long way to Africa.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UPS Tracking for Cobb Rear Motor Mount.JPG (60.3 KB, 16 views)
krimsonviper likes this.
Gen2 2010 - Turbo Back Custom SS Race Pipe - Tuned by Axel - Bov - Cobb RMM-Raiden by Lenso Forge Type Monoblock 18 x 8 Wheels - Goodride 225/40 Tyres - Qualir Headunit - Lightning Audio Strike Amp - Webasto Sunroof.
lazza151 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-25-2018, 03:26 PM   #11744

ltoddiv will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Finally got my treadstone tr8 fmic installed with JBR piping.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
ltoddiv is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-25-2018, 03:36 PM   #11745

Not Ranked  0 score     

Racing the PIG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180525_133036.jpg (2.58 MB, 19 views)
 Old 05-25-2018, 04:33 PM   #11746

andale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

I sat down and calculated how much money I've spent of mods for insurance purposes. Shouldn't have done it...
ltoddiv likes this.

Power:
BNR S4 v2 Turbocharger | JBR 3.5" Aluminum Intake | JBR Battery Box | GFB Respons BPV |Depo Racing Catless Downpipe | Bosch 3 BAR MAP | JBR 3 Port EBC | Treadstone TR8 Kit w/ Piping | Autotech HPFP Internals | Ultimate Racing Catback | Cobb Accessport V3 | Devils Own Meth Kit (D05) | Custom Tru-Cool Oil Cooler | FREEKTUNED E30 Mix+Meth

Handling:
KW V3 Coilovers | CS Camber Plates | SPC Rear Camber Arms | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/40/18 | Full Damond Motor Mounts | JBR Weighted Shift Knob | JBR Shift Bushings | JBR Rear Sway Bar | Damond Short Shift Plate

Other:
Cobb Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers | Speedline Hood Struts | Corksport CF Hood Scoop | Damond OCC Stage 1 | Corksport E-Brake | Corksport Steering Wheel | Avid.1 AV-20 Wheels 18x8 +35
 Old 05-25-2018, 05:39 PM   #11747

JakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by andale927 View Post
I sat down and calculated how much money I've spent of mods for insurance purposes. Shouldn't have done it...
Never ever do this sir!!!

Cobb AP V3, CBE
CS Turbo tuned by PD
Corksport Catted DP/HPFP Internals
JBR FMIC Pipe Kit w/TR8
CP-E TIP/3.5" Intake
DM OCC/TMM
Forge V2 BPV
Bilstein B8 w/Swift springs
Wilwood 6 pot BBK
EBC RedStuff rear pads
Konig Hypergram 18x8.5"
JakeMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-26-2018, 04:02 PM   #11748

6kipps is a glorious beacon of light6kipps is a glorious beacon of light6kipps is a glorious beacon of light6kipps is a glorious beacon of light6kipps is a glorious beacon of light6kipps is a glorious beacon of light
Not Ranked  0 score     

Today was 4-wheel alignment and two recalls: liftgate dampers and dash board. The dash replacement work took longer than expected.

Liftgate Stay Damper Recall #: 9916H
Dashboard Recall#: SSPA9
 Old 05-27-2018, 04:42 PM   #11749

ToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 6kipps View Post
Today was 4-wheel alignment and two recalls: liftgate dampers and dash board. The dash replacement work took longer than expected.

Liftgate Stay Damper Recall #: 9916H
Dashboard Recall#: SSPA9
I got the seat bracket recall notice too. I know one of the press fit nuts is off of mine, but I havenít had time to take it in.
Rice: RallyArmor, Morimoto XB LED Fogs, VLeds Triton Reverse Lights, Redline boots and armrest cover, Maisonvi shift knob.
Audio: Pioneer AVIC-7100NEX
ToyCop is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-28-2018, 01:25 PM   #11750

Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Cobb RMM Arrival

Just a quick update .

So my Cobb RMM was delivered today , and I must say it looks and feels like a quality piece.

Can't wait to install it and help reduce the engine movement etc.

That said it looks like my PMM is also needing replacement ( it's on the drivers side here) as all the juice has left it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180528_215404.jpg (1.85 MB, 14 views)
Gen2 2010 - Turbo Back Custom SS Race Pipe - Tuned by Axel - Bov - Cobb RMM-Raiden by Lenso Forge Type Monoblock 18 x 8 Wheels - Goodride 225/40 Tyres - Qualir Headunit - Lightning Audio Strike Amp - Webasto Sunroof.
 Old 05-28-2018, 05:44 PM   #11751

Adamxx6 will become famous soon enoughAdamxx6 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Cleaned my valves. I couldnt get any pics to show up of the valves themselves. they were nasty though. Did an egr delete and added a catch can while i was in there. Also put some rice on the side of it. And debating which taillights i like better. led or not. Aaaaaaand cracked my AP. sweet. Ignore the dirty car too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180513_174016030.jpg (4.53 MB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180528_185534980.jpg (4.45 MB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180525_210034202.jpg (5.60 MB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180525_150801549.jpg (4.43 MB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180528_185521986.jpg (5.42 MB, 23 views)
Adamxx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-28-2018, 07:38 PM   #11752

alden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant future
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed strut bearings and top hats, my passenger side bearing was completely destroyed and looks like it exploded! Time to trash these shitty cs springs, even noticed the bottom 3 coils of the spring were no longer rounded, but flattened. Oh, and I still have what sounds like loose change when I hit bumps, was hoping that was the strut bearings but I guess not.
alden is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-28-2018, 08:20 PM   #11753

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by alden View Post
Oh, and I still have what sounds like loose change when I hit bumps, was hoping that was the strut bearings but I guess not.
That is either your rear spoiler bolts coming loose, or your rear sway bar end links aren't tight enough. Check both, rear sway bar links have to be tight as hell to not make noise. Google spoiler bolts for mazdaspeed
 Old 05-28-2018, 10:58 PM   #11754

alden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kTaLgsTo View Post
That is either your rear spoiler bolts coming loose, or your rear sway bar end links aren't tight enough. Check both, rear sway bar links have to be tight as hell to not make noise. Google spoiler bolts for mazdaspeed
I appreciate the suggestion! My rattling is specifically coming from the front end, but I will be sure to check those bolts as well.
 Old 05-29-2018, 05:42 PM   #11755

SKiZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSKiZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSKiZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSKiZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSKiZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSKiZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSKiZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSKiZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSKiZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSKiZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSKiZZ has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 10 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

They stop real nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ltoddiv and kTaLgsTo like this.
 Old 05-29-2018, 08:08 PM   #11756

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SKiZZ View Post

They stop real nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my god, that's beautiful.
The Following User Says Thank You to alden For This Useful Post:
SKiZZ (06-29-2018)
 Old 05-30-2018, 08:33 PM   #11757

Not Ranked  0 score     

Cool I actually just installed a Wilwood 6 piston kit 3 days ago as well

Shit is awesome, performed well on track. The braking power makes the car feel so much more nimble at high speeds.

SKiZZ likes this.

Power:

Handling:

Other:
 Old 05-31-2018, 10:18 PM   #11758

krimsonviper has a spectacular aura aboutkrimsonviper has a spectacular aura aboutkrimsonviper has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Haven’t been here in awhile, so I’ll jist say what I’ve done since my last post. Painted fog bezels black, cleaned the EGR valve, throttle body, and MAF sensor and I found out my TIP was ready to come off. My car was having issues with starting the last couple of months and noticed a slow crank and figured it was something other than electric and possibly EGR. That thing was filthy and the piston was super sticky. No issues since and my car idles better and holds boost better and for longer.

Next up! Nothing. I’m broke as fuck and can only afford maintenance.

Well, actually I need a new shift knob. My stock one is fucked now.
3. The answer might have gone over my head and I need clarification.

Not modding just to mod. If something in maintenance comes up and aftermarket offers me something Iíll probably take it.
krimsonviper is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-01-2018, 10:03 AM   #11759

Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Cobb RMM Installed

So just a quick update.

Had the Cobb RMM installed by the friendly chaps at Powerflo Exhausts today... and they charged me nothing!

Can't beleive the previous owner never did this , as it is such a vast improvement over the stock mount.
Feeling much more connected to the road , just so much goodnes I had to take it out for a good run. Car behaves much better under acceleration.

Old 06-01-2018, 10:35 PM   #11760

ProChargedLS2 is a jewel in the roughProChargedLS2 is a jewel in the roughProChargedLS2 is a jewel in the rough
Groaned at 5 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by andale927 View Post
Cool I actually just installed a Wilwood 6 piston kit 3 days ago as well

Shit is awesome, performed well on track. The braking power makes the car feel so much more nimble at high speeds.

I saw a Wilwood kit on edgeautosport, I'll probably go that route once the time comes. My brakes have gotten a little squishy from the high speed hard brake runs. Still extremely strong though, for stockers I gotta admit they put up a fight.

Today I fixed the broken connector on the spill valve.
Last weekend I fucked it up and the car wouldn't run right, was only getting 65psi from the tank pump. Scary shit. Drove over to my buddies house and put that sucker on. Let it idle for a couple minutes to watch it, no problems and running stronk.
Was planning on doing 100 mile break in, the internals manufacturers say isn't necessary, but I didn't. Had an empty ramp on the highway and I just couldn't help it. My hips were moving by themselves! I went from stock IC and internals with sri + tip + bsd+ plugs to SU big jim TMIC and CS internals. Oh boy... That thing flew, and the throttle is so sensitive in regular driving.

Next mod is the catless DP. I've had this SU TMIC and CS HPFP internals and an ATP catless DP laying around for almost a year, finally decided to do them. I don't have the time or tools for the DP, so I'll have a shop do that. After that are the PMM and TMM, then more handling stuff.

JBR BSB + Baffle kit, SU TMIC, cp-e SRI + TIP, CS RMM, CS SSB, JBR SSP, Forge BPV, CS HPFP Internals
ProChargedLS2 is offline   Reply With Quote