register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1966Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-02-2018, 05:37 PM   #11761

daftbry is just really nicedaftbry is just really nicedaftbry is just really nicedaftbry is just really nice
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

got my speed dyno'd along with my buddys civic type r. i made 257 to the wheels with a stock turbo, k&n short ram intake, speed daddy cat back and AP with a stage 1 tune. the type r was stock. just waiting for my hpfp, front mount and downpipe to come in. the civic made 308 at the wheels. I have to say im pretty happy with the power it put down
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8384.JPG (2.29 MB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8365.JPG (2.66 MB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8369.JPG (5.15 MB, 32 views)
daftbry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to daftbry For This Useful Post:
Krystorr (06-02-2018)
 Old 06-02-2018, 10:52 PM   #11762

Krystorr is a glorious beacon of lightKrystorr is a glorious beacon of lightKrystorr is a glorious beacon of lightKrystorr is a glorious beacon of lightKrystorr is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

damn. nice!

i washed my damn windshield. super washed the gd thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axI5Luw0Eos

Last edited by Krystorr; 06-02-2018 at 10:52 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Krystorr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-03-2018, 04:54 AM   #11763

kTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Krystorr View Post
damn. nice!

i washed my damn windshield. super washed the gd thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axI5Luw0Eos
That damned ChrisFix guy... 7 million views on cleaning your windshield... What a helpful motherfucker
The Following User Says Thank You to kTaLgsTo For This Useful Post:
monkey.bones.007 (06-03-2018)
 Old 06-05-2018, 06:23 PM   #11764

Marcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 22 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Went to finally install my sure full3 aeros and encountered a problem - hold the sure fails and told ya so comments for now

There is a fitting for a "recirc/egr" coming off the back of the block, above the turbo that goes to the front of my current SRI which doesnt fit the Aeros. Aeros has a hose/clamp expecting a hard connector or nipple while the recirc tube in question has a blue plastic locking connection for those who have a mazdaspeed/aem SRI/CAI. It doesnt appear to be the EGR but I do have the block off kit on hand but that'll have to wait as I'm running out of light for that.

I'm thinking I could dremel my current SRI tube and clamp it up and be good to go but I'll explore a few options as I'm an hour away from home.

edit is: My phone camera actually worked so here's a pic to help explain what this brownie is trying to say.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Full3.jpg (1.03 MB, 30 views)
2006 Moist Metallica Silver Speed6 GT #6557 @ 255,000km on the k04. OE block.clutch.trans.
Intake Valves/Fuel Injector's never serviced

Corksport: IC.RMM.TIP.FSB.Tubes.Strut Tower.JBR: 70a Sides.SSP.51r SURE: Dreadnaught.Juggernaught.Anchors.FlowM6.
Hypertech.MS CAI & SRI.Turbosmart DS BOV.Cobb EBCS.AT HPFP.Deatchsworks.CPe SafeSeals.Redline Trans.Diff. Motul Brake Fluid.
H&R Coils.Moog Adj Camber Arms & Ball Joints.Whiteline Adj RSB.SU Rear Interior Brace.StopTech Perf Pads.Centric X-D Rotors.TechnaFit Braided Clutch-Brake Lines.Damond PS Cooler.Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ 235/40/18.Drag DR-38 +47. Gloss Black Blue Undercut. Pirelli Sottozero s2 240 215/45/18. MS6 OEMs.

To Install: CS Turbo/IM/DP/3.5 MAP/tubes/OCC, APv3, DM EGR, VG Antennae, SURE Full3 Aeros/Rad Hoses
To Order: Full Race Tubular Exhaust Mani/Vent plate, Stratified Tune
Thinking about: Flowmasters

Last edited by Marcus; 06-05-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-06-2018, 02:54 AM   #11765
MSF's Punishing Member

Pu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,212 Times in 1,789 Posts
Groans: 535
Groaned at 178 Times in 115 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

am i trippin or does your pic have no sure full3 aeros in it, but some old school mazdaspeed cold air intake
Db09ms3 (06-06-2018), MSMS3 (06-11-2018)
 Old 06-06-2018, 02:02 PM   #11766

Marcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Pu Manchu View Post
am i trippin or does your pic have no sure full3 aeros in it, but some old school mazdaspeed cold air intake
Nope not tripping at all. I took the pic after I put everything back together. The circled parts is what doesn't connect to th full3. Pretty sure that's the egr now...
2006 Moist Metallica Silver Speed6 GT #6557 @ 255,000km on the k04. OE block.clutch.trans.

Corksport: IC.RMM.TIP.FSB.Tubes.Strut Tower.JBR: 70a Sides.SSP.51r SURE: Dreadnaught.Juggernaught.Anchors.FlowM6.
Hypertech.MS CAI & SRI.Turbosmart DS BOV.Cobb EBCS.AT HPFP.Deatchsworks.CPe SafeSeals.Redline Trans.Diff. Motul Brake Fluid.
H&R Coils.Moog Adj Camber Arms & Ball Joints.Whiteline Adj RSB.SU Rear Interior Brace.StopTech Perf Pads.Centric X-D Rotors.TechnaFit Braided Clutch-Brake Lines.Damond PS Cooler.Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ 235/40/18.Drag DR-38 +47. Gloss Black Blue Undercut. Pirelli Sottozero s2 240 215/45/18. MS6 OEMs.

To Install: CS Turbo/IM/DP/3.5 MAP/tubes/OCC, APv3, DM EGR, VG Antennae, SURE Full3 Aeros/Rad Hoses
 Old 06-06-2018, 05:28 PM   #11767

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok not the egr (obviously now). Not sure size what size ports ill need but looks like I need a breather line.

I also curbed my wheel nicely avoiding a cyclist cutting a roundabout short instead of going around it. I can now see a steel belt from a flap hanging off my tire. Fuuuuck cyclists. I live on a designated bike route and after the roundabout is two bike lanes on either side with cement dividers. Just not happy about that. Tires have less than 6000km on them.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:08 PM   #11768

andale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud of
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got some goodies in the mail today

Gonna install everything tomorrow, wish me luck lol

Power:
BNR S4 v2 Turbocharger | JBR 3.5" Aluminum Intake | JBR Battery Box | GFB Respons BPV |Depo Racing Catless Downpipe | Bosch 3 BAR MAP | JBR 3 Port EBC | Treadstone TR8 Kit w/ Piping | Autotech HPFP Internals | Ultimate Racing Catback | Cobb Accessport V3 | Devils Own Meth Kit (D05) | Custom Tru-Cool Oil Cooler | FREEKTUNED E30 Mix+Meth

Handling:
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/40/18 | Full Damond Motor Mounts | JBR Weighted Shift Knob | JBR Shift Bushings | JBR Rear Sway Bar | Damond Short Shift Plate

Other:
Cobb Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers | Speedline Hood Struts | Corksport CF Hood Scoop | Damond OCC Stage 1 | Corksport E-Brake | Corksport Steering Wheel | Avid.1 AV-20 Wheels 18x8 +35
andale927 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-11-2018, 06:01 AM   #11769

justanothaguy is a jewel in the roughjustanothaguy is a jewel in the roughjustanothaguy is a jewel in the roughjustanothaguy is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Headlights were looking pretty bad and was growing increasingly concerned with the amount of moisture the driver side was collecting. I was going to not paint the high beams at first but thought about it and I can't even remember the last time I used them to see and not just to warn about road hazard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180610_134059.jpg (6.20 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20180610_134106.jpg (6.27 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20180610_134110.jpg (6.77 MB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20180611_084327.jpg (6.05 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20180611_084517.jpg (6.08 MB, 10 views)

RMM, SRI/Tip, hpfp, catless dp
justanothaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-11-2018, 08:09 AM   #11770

Vinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,395 Times in 271 Posts
Groans: 76
Groaned at 20 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did this...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5955.JPG (2.61 MB, 18 views)
File Type: png 2.PNG (496.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png 1.PNG (484.4 KB, 16 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinnie For This Useful Post:
Vansquish (06-11-2018)
 Old 06-11-2018, 08:15 AM   #11771

andale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud of
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

Why did you downgrade???

J/k good shit, enjoy the newfound traction

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Power:
BNR S4 v2 Turbocharger | JBR 3.5" Aluminum Intake | JBR Battery Box | GFB Respons BPV |Depo Racing Catless Downpipe | Bosch 3 BAR MAP | JBR 3 Port EBC | Treadstone TR8 Kit w/ Piping | Autotech HPFP Internals | Ultimate Racing Catback | Cobb Accessport V3 | Devils Own Meth Kit (D05) | Custom Tru-Cool Oil Cooler | FREEKTUNED E30 Mix+Meth

Handling:
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/40/18 | Full Damond Motor Mounts | JBR Weighted Shift Knob | JBR Shift Bushings | JBR Rear Sway Bar | Damond Short Shift Plate

Other:
Cobb Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers | Speedline Hood Struts | Corksport CF Hood Scoop | Damond OCC Stage 1 | Corksport E-Brake | Corksport Steering Wheel | Avid.1 AV-20 Wheels 18x8 +35
andale927 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andale927 For This Useful Post:
Vinnie (06-11-2018)
 Old 06-11-2018, 08:37 AM   #11772

Vinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

haha i was expecting some flaming.

it's stock for now aside from JBR SSP and bushings. the thing is really fun and pulls you through turns beautifully!

the MS3 will always hold a special place in my heart and my loins.
 Old 06-11-2018, 08:49 AM   #11773

justanothaguy is a jewel in the roughjustanothaguy is a jewel in the roughjustanothaguy is a jewel in the roughjustanothaguy is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had the ability to test drive one a few days ago, really liked the way they handled, both me and a wrx buddy were a bit underwhelmed with a "feeling" of a lack of power but I'm pretty sure the car had regular 87 in it and also read that a tune really changed they way they feel.

I had no idea about the whole overboost thing they do until reading about if others felt like there was a lack of power.

Only other complaint were the seats but that's more of just me carrying a few extra pounds.

I'll say it again though that car felt amazing to take turns with.

RMM, SRI/Tip, hpfp, catless dp

Last edited by justanothaguy; 06-11-2018 at 09:36 AM.
justanothaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-11-2018, 09:33 AM   #11774

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by justanothaguy View Post
I had the ability to test drive one a few days ago, really liked the way they handled, both me and a wrx buddy were a bit underwhelmed with a "feeling" of a lack of power but I'm pretty sure the car had regular 87 in it and also read that a tune really changed they way they feel.

I had no idea about the whole overboost thing they do until reading about if others felt like there was a lack of power.

Only other comaimt were the seats but that's more of just me carrying a few extra pounds.

I'll say it again though that car felt amazing to take turns with.
i actually told the salesman on the test drive that i expected more. The butt dyno is terrible on these things, but if you look at the speedo you realize quickly just how fast it is. overboost is pretty cool. the big thing i've noticed is there is a big change between 90% pedal down, to full flooring it. it seems like you get a wall of torque after the pedal is compeltely down. the car itself is more refined than the MS3 and i think that aids to the "slower" feeling.

The biggest difference i've noted is the gearing. The gears are much longer and it seems like i can comfortably stay in 2nd or 3rd logner than i could in the mazda.
 Old 06-11-2018, 01:30 PM   #11775

Solarsurge has much to be proud ofSolarsurge has much to be proud ofSolarsurge has much to be proud ofSolarsurge has much to be proud ofSolarsurge has much to be proud ofSolarsurge has much to be proud ofSolarsurge has much to be proud ofSolarsurge has much to be proud ofSolarsurge has much to be proud ofSolarsurge has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
i actually told the salesman on the test drive that i expected more. The butt dyno is terrible on these things, but if you look at the speedo you realize quickly just how fast it is. overboost is pretty cool. the big thing i've noticed is there is a big change between 90% pedal down, to full flooring it. it seems like you get a wall of torque after the pedal is compeltely down. the car itself is more refined than the MS3 and i think that aids to the "slower" feeling.

The biggest difference i've noted is the gearing. The gears are much longer and it seems like i can comfortably stay in 2nd or 3rd logner than i could in the mazda.
I really didn't like the RS when I test drove it. It just felt anemic. Fast or not, if it's not fun to drive I'm gonna take a hard pass. I had more fun test driving a BRZ Limited, and that thing is slow AF stock.
Solarsurge is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-11-2018, 02:29 PM   #11776

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,728 Times in 901 Posts
Groans: 110
Groaned at 46 Times in 30 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Pu Manchu View Post
I know OP is going with the 3" intake. But, to be sure, the "old school" Mazdaspeed CAI will max out the K04 on pump gas anyway with a good tune, 3" downpipe/racepipe and hpfp internals upgrade. I never saw a need to upgrade at my mod level.

Were I to go "big turbo" or go with higher ethanol blends, absolutely, a larger intake with MAF scaled properly would be the ticket.
BNR Stage 1 (to fix smoking K04 turbo), TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.
MSMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2018, 09:24 AM   #11777

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Solarsurge View Post
I really didn't like the RS when I test drove it. It just felt anemic. Fast or not, if it's not fun to drive I'm gonna take a hard pass. I had more fun test driving a BRZ Limited, and that thing is slow AF stock.
yeah... that was my initial thought too. after pushing it harder and driving it how i was used to driving the MS3, it DEFINITELY has woken up. it feels way faster than i initially thought. obviously it's way more planted through the curves too (especially with the torque vectoring). So far, i do not regret my decision one bit.

Fun level (stock) is already higher than my modded MS3.

if you get a chance to drive another one, make sure you really drive it and push it hard.

I'm gunna miss this forum though, and my hang around a bit.
 Old 06-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #11778

Solarsurge has much to be proud ofSolarsurge has much to be proud ofSolarsurge has much to be proud ofSolarsurge has much to be proud ofSolarsurge has much to be proud ofSolarsurge has much to be proud ofSolarsurge has much to be proud ofSolarsurge has much to be proud ofSolarsurge has much to be proud ofSolarsurge has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
yeah... that was my initial thought too. after pushing it harder and driving it how i was used to driving the MS3, it DEFINITELY has woken up. it feels way faster than i initially thought. obviously it's way more planted through the curves too (especially with the torque vectoring). So far, i do not regret my decision one bit.

Fun level (stock) is already higher than my modded MS3.

if you get a chance to drive another one, make sure you really drive it and push it hard.

I'm gunna miss this forum though, and my hang around a bit.
My Genpu takes off like a rocket drives like a go kart, but then again I'm on a fully tuned KW v3 suspension and way over stock power, so just about anything feels slow AF to me now. I HATE the skinny Recaro seats in the RS, though. It was made for 150lb drivers lol
Solarsurge is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2018, 01:10 PM   #11779

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MSMS3 View Post
I know OP is going with the 3" intake. But, to be sure, the "old school" Mazdaspeed CAI will max out the K04 on pump gas anyway with a good tune, 3" downpipe/racepipe and hpfp internals upgrade. I never saw a need to upgrade at my mod level.

Were I to go "big turbo" or go with higher ethanol blends, absolutely, a larger intake with MAF scaled properly would be the ticket.
Since I've been sitting on this intake for over 2 years now, I both just want it on the car and I'm actually trying a brownie experiment with the Hypertech and the Full3 Aeros. My experiment being the Hypertech says it has a flash option for the Aeros intake but not the Full3; and since I just reflashed my Hypertech after installing the CS TIP way back when I figure it should do the same with the Full3 and I can rock out with even worse mileage.

The downpipe I have will probably go on before the intake at this rate just b/c of the breather line complications. I cant find any info on ID to buy a hose and connecting elbows and shiat. Like Southpark said, Fuck Canada (sometimes).

Old 06-12-2018, 08:32 PM   #11780

alden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant future
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

had a little install weekend with a few buddies with speeds. Installed egr delete and transmission motor mount insert on my car, pmm and egr delete on another car, and hpfp, corksport turbo back, and colder plugs on the last car. We ran into every problem you could run into when installed a downpipe aside from snapping the studs off in the turbo...so that was fun.
alden is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-13-2018, 09:24 AM   #11781

soulitified is a jewel in the roughsoulitified is a jewel in the roughsoulitified is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Finally got the second OCC on. Installed the Damond PCV Plate and deleted the VTCS.

Was NOT easy routing the cans around Cobb's IC piping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image1(1).jpeg (219.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpeg image2.jpeg (2.23 MB, 16 views)

ACT: 6 Puck
Autotech: HPFP Internals
BF Goodrich G-Force Comp-2 [225/40/18]
Cobb: AccessPort, FMIC Piping v2, SRI
CS: Injector Seals, TIP, EBCS
Damond: EGR Delete, RMM, PMM, 2 OCC's & PCV Plate
Eibach: Sportline Springs
Enkei GSR's
GoFastBits: TMS Dualport BOV
JBR: IM/TB Coolant Delete + Gaskets, RSB + Tru-Torsion Billet Bracket/Bushings
Koni: Yellows Struts
Manzo: Downpipe
Megan Racing: Camber Arms
Racing Beat: CBE w/ Muffler Delete
Treadstone: TR8 Core
Whiteline: ALK, Bumpsteer Kit, Poly Bushings, Rear Endlinks
soulitified is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-14-2018, 10:55 AM   #11782

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Since I've been sitting on this intake for over 2 years now, I both just want it on the car and I'm actually trying a brownie experiment with the Hypertech and the Full3 Aeros. My experiment being the Hypertech says it has a flash option for the Aeros intake but not the Full3; and since I just reflashed my Hypertech after installing the CS TIP way back when I figure it should do the same with the Full3 and I can rock out with even worse mileage.

The downpipe I have will probably go on before the intake at this rate just b/c of the breather line complications. I cant find any info on ID to buy a hose and connecting elbows and shiat. Like Southpark said, Fuck Canada (sometimes).
Do you have a way to data log? If so, log, including AFR and trims. I think your MAF cal will be way off and potentially produce trims way outside of the ability of the ECU to adjust. Our Hypertech has no way to adjust for it, to my knowledge. It is limited to pre-set maf cal for intakes all much smaller than 3". A data log might tell you how to scale the cal, but you would have no way to do that with the limited intake choices that are pre-calibrated in the tune. In my experience its menu of intakes produces dead-on accurate MAF cal, but only for those.

My guess is that to use that intake you would either have to get AP and its extra cost ATR custom tuning ability or go with Versatune.

I pray that I am wrong about this and that it works. I'm just very doubtful and suspect you will, at a minimum, throw a code. Extra air flow over a sensor calibrated for lower flow would probably mean under-reporting actual air mass. I think that would mean a super lean mixture. That might blow an engine. I really hope I am wrong.
BNR Stage 1 (to fix smoking K04 turbo), TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.

Last edited by MSMS3; 06-14-2018 at 11:23 AM.
 Old 06-17-2018, 04:21 AM   #11783

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MSMS3 View Post
Do you have a way to data log? If so, log, including AFR and trims. I think your MAF cal will be way off and potentially produce trims way outside of the ability of the ECU to adjust. Our Hypertech has no way to adjust for it, to my knowledge. It is limited to pre-set maf cal for intakes all much smaller than 3". A data log might tell you how to scale the cal, but you would have no way to do that with the limited intake choices that are pre-calibrated in the tune. In my experience its menu of intakes produces dead-on accurate MAF cal, but only for those.

My guess is that to use that intake you would either have to get AP and its extra cost ATR custom tuning ability or go with Versatune.

I pray that I am wrong about this and that it works. I'm just very doubtful and suspect you will, at a minimum, throw a code. Extra air flow over a sensor calibrated for lower flow would probably mean under-reporting actual air mass. I think that would mean a super lean mixture. That might blow an engine. I really hope I am wrong.
I do have an AP and an old dashhawk that needs to be reflashed but I dont have Win7SP3.

Well you made me recheck my thinking by checking both the HT and Aeros product pages. The Aeros is a minimum 3" intake. Hypertech lists the Aeros SRI and I dont see HT tuning for anything larger than 3". Hypertech also lists the Mazdaspeed CAI. Hypertech doesnt list any options for a TIP but its worked just fine with the Corksport TIP and my mazdaspeed SRI/CAI for years. Last time I did log the trims, they were normal/perfect. I may not be able to use it/full3 to the full potential but I'm more concerned about cyl3 and the stock IM at this point. Famous last words eh?

Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM   #11784

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I do have an AP and an old dashhawk that needs to be reflashed but I dont have Win7SP3.

Well you made me recheck my thinking by checking both the HT and Aeros product pages. The Aeros is a minimum 3" intake. Hypertech lists the Aeros SRI and I dont see HT tuning for anything larger than 3". Hypertech also lists the Mazdaspeed CAI. Hypertech doesnt list any options for a TIP but its worked just fine with the Corksport TIP and my mazdaspeed SRI/CAI for years. Last time I did log the trims, they were normal/perfect. I may not be able to use it/full3 to the full potential but I'm more concerned about cyl3 and the stock IM at this point. Famous last words eh?
The Mazdaspeed/AEM CAI uses the stock MAF inside its own housing along with an air straightener to keep the airflow in proper form passing through the MAF sensor. So, no issue there. If the diameter is different than stock (I've not measured it in years), any change in velocity due to different tube size has been factored into Hypertech's MAF cal for that intake. You and I both have used that effectively for many years. In my case, over 10 years, now.

As long at that section of the intake system is the correct size, the MAF reading will probably be correct. Changing diameter in this section affects volume and thus mass air flow across the sensor. Larger volume means slower speed for the same air mass. Slower speed will adversely affect the accuracy of the voltage signal coming from the sensor.

Aftermarket TIP will not matter, again, as long as the air column back downstream, as it crosses the MAF sensor, is inside a tube section that is either stock size or the size of one of the approved intakes on Hypertech's list.

I have no way of knowing if any of the intake choices by Hypertech coincide with the diameter of the Aeros Full3. I suggest you check with Hypertech. I'm very doubtful that this will be the case, but hope that they can give you a choice that will work.

You are going to max out the K04 anyway with your other mods, so I doubt that intake, even if you can get an accurate, safe MAF cal, will make any more power for you on the stock K04 on pump gas.

I humbly suggest that you really need to do some careful logging if you plan to try this without confirmation from Hypertech that one of their MAF cal choices matches that intake.
 Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM   #11785

Jparkingit is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wasn't today but finally put some coilovers on the vehicle with the wheels i had in storage..

turned out okay I would think
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180615_105227.jpg (4.04 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20180616_145348.jpg (4.76 MB, 7 views)
Jparkingit is offline   Reply With Quote