register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1978Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-19-2018, 06:00 PM   #11881
MSF's Punishing Member

Pu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,251 Times in 1,816 Posts
Groans: 539
Groaned at 179 Times in 116 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by downs View Post
Put it up for sale.
congrats.
 Old 09-19-2018, 06:20 PM   #11882

downs is a jewel in the roughdowns is a jewel in the roughdowns is a jewel in the roughdowns is a jewel in the rough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Pu Manchu View Post
congrats.
Nit sure how I feel yet. I really like my car but I need a bit more kid and cargo room

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

downs is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-19-2018, 06:34 PM   #11883

Bingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the world
Groans: 16
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Modernized my car a bit. Blutooth and Waze on a screen is really nice...
I will say, no matter how I adjust the amplifier settings, high frequencies such as high-hats in rock songs get scratchy. people have suggested a better amp? Would still recommend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3117.JPG (1.04 MB, 36 views)

Things that don't: Gen Pu wheels, CPE center pod with Prosport boost, OP, and OT gauges, Eonon G9151A.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Vansquish (09-25-2018)
 Old 09-25-2018, 06:01 PM   #11884

Marcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 22 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Oshiguru View Post
Why not just do what most BC members have been doing for years. Ship to Blaine/Point Roberts and drive across to pick it up. Usually $2 per package and free US shipping. You can also fill up on WA 92 Octane which burns better than our crappy BC 94 octane
I used to and then I let the passport expire in 2012. It's on my to do list.. Shipped the last order to Sumas and then my awesome rents picked up and even delivered it too me and took me for lunch wooo. Good to know about the 92 octane though.

Also just bought a custom stratified tune. Freeway Mazda in the fleetwood came up with 15 hours to install all the parts in my sig, clutch re n re and do the intake valves and injectors. I like that number.

Besides Dales Alignment, who knows suspension in the lower mainland? I'm having some issue's that need to be sorted properly. I dont like Dales because of their prices and sales type pitches on the phone. Garage5 is cool, probably will use them again as they're close enough. Will probably avoid the Speed Syndicate this time around.
2006 Moist Metallica Silver Speed6 GT #6557 @ 260,670km on the orig k04. OE block.clutch.trans.
Intake Valves/Fuel Injector's never serviced

Corksport: IC.RMM.TIP.FSB.Tubes.Strut Tower.JBR: 70a Sides.SSP.51r SURE: Dreadnaught.Juggernaught.Anchors.FlowM6.
Hypertech.MS CAI & SRI.Turbosmart DS BOV.Cobb EBCS.AT HPFP.Deatchsworks.CPe SafeSeals.Redline Trans.Diff. Motul Brake Fluid.
H&R Coils.Moog Camber Arms. SPC Ball Joints.Whiteline Adj RSB.SU Rear Interior Brace.StopTech Perf Pads.Centric X-D Rotors.TechnaFit Braided Clutch-Brake Lines.Damond PS Cooler
Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ 235/40/18.Drag DR-38 +47. Gloss Black Blue Undercut. Pirelli Sottozero s2 240 215/45/18. MS6 OEMs.

Being installed as you read this: CS Turb/IM/DP/3.5 MAP/OCC, APv3, DM EGR, SURE Full3 Aeros/Rad Hoses / PERM PCV Plate, Stratified Tune, OE Clutch Kit/Fidanza Flywheel

Still thinking about Flowmasters
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-29-2018, 11:48 AM   #11885

andale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud of
Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got some goodies in the mail. Too bad it'll be a few months until I can install it

Power:
BNR S4 v2 Turbocharger | JBR 3.5" Aluminum Intake | JBR Battery Box | GFB Respons BPV |Depo Racing Catless Downpipe | Bosch 3 BAR MAP | JBR 3 Port EBC | Treadstone TR8 Kit w/ Piping | Autotech HPFP Internals | Ultimate Racing Catback | Cobb Accessport V3 | Devils Own Meth Kit (D05) | Custom Tru-Cool Oil Cooler | FREEKTUNED E30 Mix+Meth

Handling:
KW V3 Coilovers | CS Camber Plates | SPC Rear Camber Arms | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/40/18 | Full Damond Motor Mounts | JBR Weighted Shift Knob | JBR Shift Bushings | JBR Rear Sway Bar | Damond Short Shift Plate

Other:
Cobb Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers | Speedline Hood Struts | Corksport CF Hood Scoop | Damond OCC Stage 1 | Corksport E-Brake | Corksport Steering Wheel | Avid.1 AV-20 Wheels 18x8 +35
andale927 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-29-2018, 04:39 PM   #11886

NoviceMS3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Noob incoming

Hey this is my first post, not sure if itís in the right place but Iím a complete noob so feel free to make fun of me. I recently bought a 2010 MS3 and soon after bought a Cobb AP, the car is completely stock but I plan on getting an intake and running a stage 1+ map soon. Iíve read that the autotek hpfp is reccomended especially if I ever want to go stage 2, but my local Cobb tuning shop tells me Iíll have to get a custom tune if I get the upgraded hpfp and that it wonít work well with stock or stage 1+ tunes. This contradicts what Iíve read on the forums so if someone knows what theyíre talking about and could help this dummy out I would appreciate it.
NoviceMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to NoviceMS3 For This Un-useful Post:
Db09ms3 (10-05-2018)
 Old 09-29-2018, 05:30 PM   #11887

JSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the world
Groans: 94
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by NoviceMS3 View Post
Hey this is my first post, not sure if itís in the right place but Iím a complete noob so feel free to make fun of me.

I recently bought a 2010 MS3 and soon after bought a Cobb AP, the car is completely stock but I plan on getting an intake and running a stage 1+ map soon.

Iíve read that the autotek hpfp is reccomended especially if I ever want to go stage 2, but my local Cobb tuning shop tells me Iíll have to get a custom tune if I get the upgraded hpfp and that it wonít work well with stock or stage 1+ tunes.

This contradicts what Iíve read on the forums so if someone knows what theyíre talking about and could help this dummy out I would appreciate it.
User new checks out. This is NOT the correct thread.

You do not need a custom tune for HPFP internals. If you tune, you should have HPFP internals before you start. Consider going with an E-Tuner, instead of Cobb as well. Or Versatune and tune yourself.
JSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-30-2018, 06:38 PM   #11888

Tomumass06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Removed my OEM Turbo, finally, swore at it, and then gave it a kiss....oh, and a hug too!!!
Tomumass06 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-30-2018, 11:23 PM   #11889

Oshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of light
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I used to and then I let the passport expire in 2012. It's on my to do list.. Shipped the last order to Sumas and then my awesome rents picked up and even delivered it too me and took me for lunch wooo. Good to know about the 92 octane though.

Also just bought a custom stratified tune. Freeway Mazda in the fleetwood came up with 15 hours to install all the parts in my sig, clutch re n re and do the intake valves and injectors. I like that number.

Besides Dales Alignment, who knows suspension in the lower mainland? I'm having some issue's that need to be sorted properly. I dont like Dales because of their prices and sales type pitches on the phone. Garage5 is cool, probably will use them again as they're close enough. Will probably avoid the Speed Syndicate this time around.
Aria Auto
Oshiguru is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oshiguru For This Useful Post:
Marcus (10-05-2018)
 Old 10-05-2018, 05:23 PM   #11890

Marcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the worldMarcus is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Aria Auto
Thanks!

Initial groan was because the phone didn't magnify but clicked.
2006 Moist Metallica Silver Speed6 GT #6557 @ 260,670km on the orig k04. OE block.clutch.trans.

Corksport: IC.RMM.TIP.FSB.Tubes.Strut Tower.JBR: 70a Sides.SSP.51r SURE: Dreadnaught.Juggernaught.Anchors.FlowM6.
Hypertech.MS CAI & SRI.Turbosmart DS BOV.Cobb EBCS.AT HPFP.Deatchsworks.CPe SafeSeals.Redline Trans.Diff. Motul Brake Fluid.
H&R Coils.Moog Camber Arms. SPC Ball Joints.Whiteline Adj RSB.SU Rear Interior Brace.StopTech Perf Pads.Centric X-D Rotors.TechnaFit Braided Clutch-Brake Lines.Damond PS Cooler
Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ 235/40/18.Drag DR-38 +47. Gloss Black Blue Undercut. Pirelli Sottozero s2 240 215/45/18. MS6 OEMs.

Being installed as you read this: CS Turb/IM/DP/3.5 MAP/OCC, APv3, DM EGR, SURE Full3 Aeros/Rad Hoses / PERM PCV Plate, Stratified Tune, OE Clutch Kit/Fidanza Flywheel

Old 10-19-2018, 04:38 PM   #11891

sd_e30er has much to be proud ofsd_e30er has much to be proud ofsd_e30er has much to be proud ofsd_e30er has much to be proud ofsd_e30er has much to be proud ofsd_e30er has much to be proud ofsd_e30er has much to be proud ofsd_e30er has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

thule aeroblade edge bars
plastidipped my wheels for the 1st time
DDM 50 watt LED foglight kit and LED Reverse bulbs
7 years old, 113k miles.
I'd love a truck but i like not having a car payment and better mileage more.
keep it till it breaks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0121.JPG (2.66 MB, 38 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0118.JPG.jpeg (267.3 KB, 28 views)
 Old 10-19-2018, 06:26 PM   #11892

Jhaupfear is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bought another after mine was totaled out by the insurance company. Bitter sweet, but it only has 36,000 miles...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180817_190312.jpg (577.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 20181019_153705.jpg (1.75 MB, 31 views)
sd_e30er likes this.
Jhaupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-29-2018, 03:25 AM   #11893

Wyn4Ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Access Port install

Today I bought a COBB AP, and then quickly realized my car had a previous tune (JBR 3.5"intake and Autotech Internals. Currently running COBB OTS Stage 2 and it seems to be running similar to before the install.

I have been searching for tuning tips and map suggestions for my specific upgrades, but I am not having luck. Anyone want to point me in the right direction?
Wyn4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-30-2018, 10:21 AM   #11894

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Wyn4Ever View Post
Today I bought a COBB AP, and then quickly realized my car had a previous tune (JBR 3.5"intake and Autotech Internals. Currently running COBB OTS Stage 2 and it seems to be running similar to before the install.

I have been searching for tuning tips and map suggestions for my specific upgrades, but I am not having luck. Anyone want to point me in the right direction?
What'd you use or have before the ap?

Old 10-30-2018, 10:28 AM   #11895

Bertospeed3 is a jewel in the roughBertospeed3 is a jewel in the roughBertospeed3 is a jewel in the roughBertospeed3 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Map suggestion - Get a custom map for your mods from a local tuner or e tuners.
OBX R Catback Exhaust
Cobb SF Intake & TIH w. Blitz Filter
CP-e TMIC
Corksport Dual VTA BPV
Bertospeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-30-2018, 10:30 AM   #11896

Not Ranked  0 score     

Just dropped her off for "some work"...

That'd be the parts in the to install line of my sig along with valve cleaning and injector flush. 2-3 days more and I'll get her back.

Old 10-31-2018, 04:18 PM   #11897

Not Ranked  0 score     

And my suspicions of wasting money were confirmed and they're barely into the work.

I stopped by the shop because I thought I forgot the map sensor but it was the first revision from CS so I thought I wasted a trip but the shop foreman brought me into the repair bays and highlighted the following on my car:

-new driveshaft needed soon. cv joint boot is torn and is leaking
-oil cooler needs replacing
-power steering return side line needs replacing. not to the main hard line.
-diff seals leaking, both sides
-pretty sure something else I forget

There's also a nice bit of oil collecting on the bottom of the block, sort of ahead of the rear motor mount. Mr Foreman didnt really talk to much about that when I pointed to it.

My magic 8 ball foresee's some zzb in my future.

Old 10-31-2018, 07:45 PM   #11898

Oshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of light
Not Ranked  0 score     

And my suspicions of wasting money were confirmed and they're barely into the work.

I stopped by the shop because I thought I forgot the map sensor but it was the first revision from CS so I thought I wasted a trip but the shop foreman brought me into the repair bays and highlighted the following on my car:

-new driveshaft needed soon. cv joint boot is torn and is leaking
-oil cooler needs replacing
-power steering return side line needs replacing. not to the main hard line.
-diff seals leaking, both sides
-pretty sure something else I forget

There's also a nice bit of oil collecting on the bottom of the block, sort of ahead of the rear motor mount. Mr Foreman didnt really talk to much about that when I pointed to it.

My magic 8 ball foresee's some zzb in my future.
I wonder where the oil is leaking from. The foreman should be able to pinpoint it. You go to Freeway Mazda right?
Oshiguru is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-01-2018, 12:49 AM   #11899

Not Ranked  0 score     

I wonder where the oil is leaking from. The foreman should be able to pinpoint it. You go to Freeway Mazda right?
Yep thats the dealership she's at right now. I'm just going project positivity and guess from the oil cooler. He didnt have the tranny or anything else off yet so he said he'd know more soon.

Old 11-03-2018, 01:44 PM   #11900

Not Ranked  0 score     

Shop found a used drive shaft for $300 as the cv boot collapsed when removing it. Rear main seal is also being replaced.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:25 PM   #11901
MSF's Punishing Member

Pu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,251 Times in 1,816 Posts
Groans: 539
Groaned at 179 Times in 116 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you took a 13 year old car with 150k miles to a dealer?
 Old 11-07-2018, 03:02 AM   #11902

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Pu Manchu View Post
you took a 13 year old car with 150k miles to a dealer?
Why yes I did.

One of the few shops around here I actually trust. Sounds funny I'm sure.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:22 AM   #11903

Wyn4Ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

What'd you use or have before the ap?
That was the million dollar question! When I bought the car it was already tuned, and would max out the stock boost gauge. This was my main concern and one of the drihing factors of buying the AP. That map/ tune has now vanished once I installed the AP...

I have since started using rhe stage 1 +SF map that came from COBB.
Wyn4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-07-2018, 02:05 PM   #11904

Solarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default What did you do to your ride today?

That was the million dollar question! When I bought the car it was already tuned, and would max out the stock boost gauge. This was my main concern and one of the drihing factors of buying the AP. That map/ tune has now vanished once I installed the AP...

If itís got modified intake or downpipe, you need to get a proper tune or you can do serious damage. I would not recommend using OTS maps in general unless you are pretty much stock. Theyíre better than the stock tune, but any pro eTune is going to both give you more power and pay for itself in gas mileage. Iím on a base map and only about 350~ whp right now and getting damn near 30mpg on the highway. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Solarsurge is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-08-2018, 03:35 PM   #11905

Not Ranked  0 score     

Turns out my mix and match parts dont all match. I'm pulling this next part from memory and the phone quality at the time sucked so if I'm not mistaken, the egr and intake mani had a difference of connections, the cs turbo coolant line had an issue with something the egr adjusted/moved or attaches to. Obviously, the SURE part does has some issue other than massiveness, cant quite remember because I couldnt quite hear. I think it was the SURE mounting flange being orienated wrong (the rounded drilled traingular peice) and the breather nipple being odd, even with the sure breather line. So Mr. Foreman is up 4-5 hours fitting and fabbing rando shit.

Add to that the used driveshaft that showed up wasnt in any better shape than mine was so the shop and I are waiting for another. I think I scaled down the replacement parts to just the oil cooler, rear main seal, power steering return line and one driveshaft.

I wouldnt get too crazy on the throttle with your intake being a larger size than the St1 ots is tuned for. Spend a few bucks and get a custom tune for your 3.5 intake or find a used cobb that fits the tune and depending on your future plans for a build, if any, keep it or sell the 3.5.

Last edited by Marcus; 11-08-2018 at 03:35 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost