register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1986Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #2641

adrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the world
Groans: 46
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
Washed the car today with all the products i ordered from detailers domain. Really happy with the results and the cherry smell of the adams soap was kind of nice....and now its raining.
Isn't that what always happens after washing the car?
adrager622 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #2642

jseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,961 Times in 719 Posts
Groans: 25
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Spent an hour waiting to get an alignment after installing springs yesterday... to get rejected because the car can't get onto the ramps.

Went to three other places and also a no-go.

Went home, tail between legs, and started calling every shop listed in the phone book and asking if they could align a lowered car... finally got one of them to give me a name of a place that specialized in lowered cars and had an in-ground machine.

Appointment tomorrow.

Hell, my car is hardly what I'd really call "low" - but you would think that I was in some slammed montrosity the way the chain shops acted. lol

Note: for those in the Bay area - it's a shop called "Bridges Tire and Wheel" in Burlingame
BLOWED UP DIB 2014 Mustang 5.0... a few mods
SOLD - LS 2012 MS3
Cobb AP//SF//CAB
Autotech HPFP
Corksport TMIC//BPV//TIP//BTbs
JBR 88a RMM
Sure M3 TP
OBX CBE
Tanabe NF210's
ADVAN RG-D 18x8 +38
Freektuned 50/50 E85
jseams is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jseams For This Useful Post:
alex_speed13 (04-10-2013), jtt (04-10-2013)
 Old 04-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #2643

Prizm is just really nicePrizm is just really nicePrizm is just really nicePrizm is just really nice
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I hate places because of that. My previous car was slammed and got rejected like that here and there. They're really just being lazy. Alls you have to do is go up on some boards and boom you're ready to get lifted. All depends I guess.
Prizm is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #2644

pedal2metal is a splendid one to beholdpedal2metal is a splendid one to beholdpedal2metal is a splendid one to beholdpedal2metal is a splendid one to beholdpedal2metal is a splendid one to beholdpedal2metal is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by GODspeed7 View Post
Those are the tires I am going with next season. You are happy with them???

Sent from my iBro 5 using tapatalk, Bro!
Just got them on today, did a canyon run. So far, they are beyond my expectations!!!
Feel very stable and planted even at high speeds. No sidewall roll and I have pushed them pretty hard in turns and they just grip. No sounds, no churp, just feel planted as shit.
Good right and quite. My fav tire so far for sure. Plus a 30k warranty?!? You can't go wrong. Oh yeah, they look freaking awesome in real life. Better than what I thought they would from the pics. I am pumped to see how they hold up down the road.
But so far, get them!!
12 MS3 Silver, CS Panel Filter, Cs exhaust hangers, Magnaflow cbe, Drag DR-49 18x8 gunmetal w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sports 235/40-18, Passport 9500ix, 10" pioneer shallow mount 1200w sub stealth custom box in spare, and rockford 500x1 punch amp, weather tech floor matts and curt hitch for my bike rack. Thats about all, its a pretty stock bitch.
pedal2metal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #2645

Spec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,945 Times in 2,142 Posts
Groaned at 35 Times in 30 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by pedal2metal View Post
Just got them on today, did a canyon run. So far, they are beyond my expectations!!!
Feel very stable and planted even at high speeds. No sidewall roll and I have pushed them pretty hard in turns and they just grip. No sounds, no churp, just feel planted as shit.
Good right and quite. My fav tire so far for sure. Plus a 30k warranty?!? You can't go wrong. Oh yeah, they look freaking awesome in real life. Better than what I thought they would from the pics. I am pumped to see how they hold up down the road.
But so far, get them!!
Not sure if you want to follow these procedures. Up to you really. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...e.jsp?techid=5
 Old 04-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #2646
Banned

DylanFYHN is the leader of the worldDylanFYHN is the leader of the worldDylanFYHN is the leader of the worldDylanFYHN is the leader of the worldDylanFYHN is the leader of the worldDylanFYHN is the leader of the worldDylanFYHN is the leader of the worldDylanFYHN is the leader of the worldDylanFYHN is the leader of the worldDylanFYHN is the leader of the worldDylanFYHN is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 41 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Lol
DylanFYHN is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-04-2013, 06:02 AM   #2647

pedal2metal is a splendid one to beholdpedal2metal is a splendid one to beholdpedal2metal is a splendid one to beholdpedal2metal is a splendid one to beholdpedal2metal is a splendid one to beholdpedal2metal is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Not sure if you want to follow these procedures. Up to you really. Tire Tech Information - Breaking In Your Tires
Thanks for that. I appreciate it.
I will wait 500 till I really push it. And I knew about the mold release agent and not to get to nutts to soon. Thanks!
12 MS3 Silver, CS Panel Filter, Cs exhaust hangers, Magnaflow cbe, Drag DR-49 18x8 gunmetal w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sports 235/40-18, Passport 9500ix, 10" pioneer shallow mount 1200w sub stealth custom box in spare, and rockford 500x1 punch amp, weather tech floor matts and curt hitch for my bike rack. Thats about all, its a pretty stock bitch.
 Old 04-04-2013, 06:09 AM   #2648

GODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,011 Times in 1,973 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 58 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by pedal2metal View Post
Thanks for that. I appreciate it.
I will wait 500 till I really push it. And I knew about the mold release agent and not to get to nutts to soon. Thanks!
The scariest feeling in the world is having that lubricant and shit on a brand new sport bike tire. For the first few hundred miles you are wondering if the next turn will be your last...

HYPNOTIC TUNED, FREEK TUNED, HTP full 3" intake/TIP, HKS SSQV 4 full VTA, Corksport catless downpipe, Corksport catless Racepipe, Cobb AP V3, Autotech Fuel Pump Internals, JBR 88duro RMM, JBR 88duro TMM, JBR 80duro PMM, JBR cylindrical shift knob, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, EBC green brake pads, Centric high carbon rotors, Nitto NT555 tires, Gorilla spline lug nuts, DDM tuning HID's lows, Resonator Delete.
GODspeed7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-04-2013, 07:10 AM   #2649

Not Ranked  0 score     

The scariest feeling in the world is having that lubricant and shit on a brand new sport bike tire. For the first few hundred miles you are wondering if the next turn will be your last...

I agree! I have had many sport bikes and rode them for a out 12 years! It's always scary when you start pushing turns on new tires! Or when your impatient and want to ride a wheelie or stoppy and don't hook up!!
 Old 04-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #2650

Kdawg207 is the leader of the worldKdawg207 is the leader of the worldKdawg207 is the leader of the worldKdawg207 is the leader of the worldKdawg207 is the leader of the worldKdawg207 is the leader of the worldKdawg207 is the leader of the worldKdawg207 is the leader of the worldKdawg207 is the leader of the worldKdawg207 is the leader of the worldKdawg207 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,980 Times in 813 Posts
Groans: 18
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by snailmail View Post
Looks real good man
thanks man

~~~NJ Nator OG~~~Then AND Now, Just Better~~~
Kdawg207 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #2651

El_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,597 Times in 1,397 Posts
Groans: 769
Groaned at 46 Times in 29 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got you beat.... hydraulic oil from a tractor on a blind corner.... was only goin 20-25mph but fucked my bike up pretty good and rashed my knees with half of my back bruised up. Luckily enough I was able to save it from a high side by dropping the clutch and just letting the bit spin out from under me.
2011 Mazdaspeed 3- AccessPORT V2, Autotech HPFP Internals, 3 Bar MAP Sensor, 3" Catless Downpipe, CPE Stage 2 RMM, CPE TMM, Custom Saikou Michi OCC, CXR FMIC, Devils Own DVC-30, Forge V2 BPV, 3.5" HTP Intake, JBR TIG's, MME Shifter Bushings, NGK LTR7IX-11's, PNP Intake, SPEEDPERF6MANC3 Valve Cover Breather

2004 Mazdaspeed Miata #3142- Stock, but not for long.

Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. ~ Thomas Jefferson
El_Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #2652

jseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got my alignment done at a shop with an in ground machine. Guy said front camber was off a tiny bit (can't adjust - but he said it was very minor) toe was out a bit - adjusted. Everything else was good.

I guess I was expecting things to be more out of whack after the spring install...

Oh, didn't charge me anything. Just said he loved the car and he wished they were all that easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SOLD - LS 2012 MS3
Cobb AP//SF//CAB
Autotech HPFP
JBR 88a RMM
Sure M3 TP
OBX CBE
Tanabe NF210's
ADVAN RG-D 18x8 +38
Freektuned 50/50 E85
 Old 04-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #2653

Spec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the worldSpec is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's cool of him. Should at least hook them up with kolaches or something one morning. They'll remember you then.
 Old 04-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #2654

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Spec View Post
That's cool of him. Should at least hook them up with kolaches or something one morning. They'll remember you then.
Definitely... However, I still have this nagging feeling that things are never supposed to be that easy. Guess I'm an old cynical fart. lol

SOLD - LS 2012 MS3
Cobb AP//SF//CAB
Autotech HPFP
JBR 88a RMM
Sure M3 TP
OBX CBE
Tanabe NF210's
ADVAN RG-D 18x8 +38
Freektuned 50/50 E85
 Old 04-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #2655

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm the same way. You might be able to pull a small amount of + camber by pulling your struts out a bit with the spare wiggle room in the bolt holes. It's negligible most of the time.
 Old 04-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #2656

spals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Not Ranked  0 score     

I installed my black JBR Stage II Power Path intake and flashed the S-OTS 91 octane Stage 1 tune. Like an idiot, I snapped the nipple off of the BCS. Had to call around to multiple Mazda dealerships to find one and race out to the store before they closed. I thought I was being sooo careful! That is some brittle plastic!
SBC Stage 2 Daily, JBR RSB, Koni Yellow, Konig Miligrams 18x8.5, Nitto NT-05 245/45
Spalsbuilt-Freektuned
spals is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #2657
JBR
Approved MSF Vendor

JBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the world
Thanked 13,819 Times in 2,747 Posts
Groans: 28
Groaned at 79 Times in 53 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You can fix those boost solenoids when the nipple breaks off. You just shave the stump down with a sharp razor knife and cut the horizontal end off. Then you can slip the vacuum hose on it horizontally. If you saved it give it a try. A spare is handy to have.

Mazda Performance Parts & Accessories // JamesBaroneRacing.com
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JBR For This Useful Post:
ms3blackmica (04-05-2013)
 Old 04-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #2658
Nishan

ms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,305 Times in 4,386 Posts
Groans: 22
Groaned at 20 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jbarone View Post
You can fix those boost solenoids when the nipple breaks off. You just shave the stump down with a sharp razor knife and cut the horizontal end off. Then you can slip the vacuum hose on it horizontally. If you saved it give it a try. A spare is handy to have.
That is genious.

@Payne Racing 67; just do this.
 Old 04-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #2659
JBR
Approved MSF Vendor

JBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the world
Thanked 13,819 Times in 2,747 Posts
Groans: 28
Groaned at 79 Times in 53 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ms3blackmica View Post
That is genious.

And it's way stronger too.

Mazda Performance Parts & Accessories // JamesBaroneRacing.com
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #2660

sidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,356 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 72 Times in 45 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jseams View Post
Definitely... However, I still have this nagging feeling that things are never supposed to be that easy. Guess I'm an old cynical fart. lol

Did they give you a print out of the specs? I know of a place in our area that will do lowered cars if you want to have it checked again at some point.

FreekTune | 91 | JBR 3", PMM & RMM | CS Racepipe, TMIC & TMM Inserts | Autotechs

sidekick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to sidekick For This Un-useful Post:
zedekias (04-07-2013)
 Old 04-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #2661

2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Took out my old Denso's and installed my NGK's. My car doesn't seem to like them tho and jerks during wot. So I must've gapped them wrong. Gonna re gap and try again.
Cobb AP 50/50 FREEKTune/Cobb 3port EBCS/C-PE Nano Intake/C-PE TIP/C-PE TMIC/HKS SQ3 BOV/Auto Tech HPFP/M2 DP/Custom CB/Denso ITV 22's/JBR RMM/Sure SSP/Sure Shifter Bushings/Custom EGR Kit/TB&IM TIG/MD Stage2 OCC/Koni Yellow S&S/H&R LS/Stoptech Blanks/EBC Red/Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines/
2.3speed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #2662

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sidekick View Post
Did they give you a print out of the specs? I know of a place in our area that will do lowered cars if you want to have it checked again at some point.
No, didn't get a printout - they had older equipment that doesn't produce one.

Where? Do they have a pit based machine? Jason said Motorsport Techniques in Hayward was a good bet - I just didn't feel like going across the bay to get it done.

Willing to do it and able to get up the ramps are two different things. The shops that rejected me did so not because they didn't want to work on a lowered car - but simply because the car, with the front lip, couldn't make it up the ramps.

Simple solution is to simply remove the lip before I go to get it aligned - but I was being lazy and didn't feel like working on the car while the weather so was bad the last few days. lol
SOLD - LS 2012 MS3
Cobb AP//SF//CAB
Autotech HPFP
JBR 88a RMM
Sure M3 TP
OBX CBE
Tanabe NF210's
ADVAN RG-D 18x8 +38
Freektuned 50/50 E85
 Old 04-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #2663

Cevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 18 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got my windows tinted...

15% two front and 5% all around

### Edit, IDK how to resize this image... Sorry

Last edited by Cevaes_64; 04-05-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Cevaes_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #2664

Payne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,173 Times in 2,034 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 64 Times in 49 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ms3blackmica View Post
That is genious.

I don't have a BCS at all though lol. Had to send it out.
Badsnake 2003 Cobra: Ported Eaton, 2.93 upper, 4lb lower, Steeda intake, fuel system, LF Heat Excg, MGW Shifter, MM Coilovers, Billet Flow IRS Brace, Magnaflow O/R X Pipe/CBE, Fiore Clutch Quadrant/Adjuster, MT ET Street Radials 515rwhp/525rwtq.

#HAR Hidden Agendas Racing
Payne Racing 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #2665

sidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,356 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 72 Times in 45 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jseams View Post
No, didn't get a printout - they had older equipment that doesn't produce one.

Where? Do they have a pit based machine? Jason said Motorsport Techniques in Hayward was a good bet - I just didn't feel like going across the bay to get it done.

Willing to do it and able to get up the ramps are two different things. The shops that rejected me did so not because they didn't want to work on a lowered car - but simply because the car, with the front lip, couldn't make it up the ramps.

Simple solution is to simply remove the lip before I go to get it aligned - but I was being lazy and didn't feel like working on the car while the weather so was bad the last few days. lol
Sonic motorsports in Mountain view. I'm not sure how far they are from you, but they will make it work if you go there. It is not an in ground setup, but they deal with supercars and other ridiculously low (stancefags) cars every day.

FreekTune | 91 | JBR 3", PMM & RMM | CS Racepipe, TMIC & TMM Inserts | Autotechs

sidekick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sidekick For This Useful Post:
jseams (04-05-2013)
 Old 04-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #2666

shadow102 is the leader of the worldshadow102 is the leader of the worldshadow102 is the leader of the worldshadow102 is the leader of the worldshadow102 is the leader of the worldshadow102 is the leader of the worldshadow102 is the leader of the worldshadow102 is the leader of the worldshadow102 is the leader of the worldshadow102 is the leader of the worldshadow102 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,709 Times in 643 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The other solution to fixing the boost solenoid is to slide a small straw (like what you find on wd40 or cans of brake clean ect) between the broken off piece and the base then use super glue to hold it together. Works whenever i am working with older vacuum valves on toyotas.

Spent some time after work installing my v-limited Ebay lip tonight. Even on a lift this was not an easy job, takes a decent amount of time with a heat gun especially when the lip comes in pretty mangled shape

JBR SRI - JBR TIP - CorkSport TMIC - CNT Catted TBE - DevilsOwn Stage2 WMI - Autotech internals - Cobb AP - NGK ITV22's - JBR dogbone RMM - CorkSport TMM insert - Turbosmart BPV - JBR Boost/BPV tubes - JBR SSP w/bushings - CorkSport OCC - Koni sport shocks - Ground Control Coilovers - JBR rsb - JBR Camber Arms - 18x7.5 Work Emotion CR Kai

shadow102 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-06-2013, 05:40 AM   #2667

tommyboy has a reputation beyond reputetommyboy has a reputation beyond reputetommyboy has a reputation beyond reputetommyboy has a reputation beyond reputetommyboy has a reputation beyond reputetommyboy has a reputation beyond reputetommyboy has a reputation beyond reputetommyboy has a reputation beyond reputetommyboy has a reputation beyond reputetommyboy has a reputation beyond reputetommyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 7 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Put Swift SpecR springs on last night. Took about 3 hours by myself. Most of the time was spent seating the struts back in the front.
tommyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #2668

biscuit003 has a reputation beyond reputebiscuit003 has a reputation beyond reputebiscuit003 has a reputation beyond reputebiscuit003 has a reputation beyond reputebiscuit003 has a reputation beyond reputebiscuit003 has a reputation beyond reputebiscuit003 has a reputation beyond reputebiscuit003 has a reputation beyond reputebiscuit003 has a reputation beyond reputebiscuit003 has a reputation beyond reputebiscuit003 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Received my Cobb AP and flashed a Stage 1 map.

Thanks to @EdgeAutosport.com for sending the AP out even though the Autotech internals I ordered are out of stock.
biscuit003 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #2669

RLam is the leader of the worldRLam is the leader of the worldRLam is the leader of the worldRLam is the leader of the worldRLam is the leader of the worldRLam is the leader of the worldRLam is the leader of the worldRLam is the leader of the worldRLam is the leader of the worldRLam is the leader of the worldRLam is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 7 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed my JBR 90 Duro TMM. Super easy to install, and probably my favorite mod so far.

Also took off my SSP. I cannot believe I didn't do it sooner. Not a big fan of the notchy-ness and crunchier feeling of it. Stock now and it's smooth as butter

That's the carpet in my garage BTW. Not my house lol.

RLam is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #2670

Yeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Ryguy View Post
Cobb air box today. Was a pain to fit but worked out in the end

Attachment 100772
Nice. Does that use the OEM front bar air pick up? Its huge compared to Corksport..

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

GENII 2009 VR MPS LUX
Best Mufflers DP | 200 Cell CAT by 2XS | 3" Custom OPEN System with MAGNAFLOW Muffler & 4" tips | Speedy Lite Fin 18" Alloys with Sumitomo HTR ZIII
CORKSPORT SRI-TIP-Airbox | DGR Coilovers
OPTICOAT by ZAS | 2XS LED Fogs | 68 SMD LED (in the post) Parkers | Rear LED Reflectors | EYELIDS by MPS | Visual Garage Shark Fin Antenna
Hollandia 700 Sunroof
Yeldarb is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #2671

Pseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 28 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did my first official wash that wasn't a drive through spray job. Looks real nice but made me realize how badly the previous owner beat up the wheels.
Pseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #2672

McMaster will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

just installed a Cobb BPV got one for 200$ off craigslist, im running it 50/50 and noticed the car kinda backfires if im driving it hard.
McMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #2673

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by McMaster View Post
just installed a Cobb BPV got one for 200$ off craigslist, im running it 50/50 and noticed the car kinda backfires if im driving it hard.
I'm going to assume this isn't a troll...

But it's going to backfire, the cars are MAF based and you are letting metered air out of the system - it's going to negatively impact performance. You can, to an extent, tune for 50/50 - but I wouldn't just plug and play. lol

Oh, wash and wax and cleaned engine bay.
sidekick likes this.
SOLD - LS 2012 MS3
Cobb AP//SF//CAB
Autotech HPFP
JBR 88a RMM
Sure M3 TP
OBX CBE
Tanabe NF210's
ADVAN RG-D 18x8 +38
Freektuned 50/50 E85
The Following User Says Thank You to jseams For This Useful Post:
joseph.p05 (04-06-2013)
 Old 04-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #2674
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Thanked 26,388 Times in 7,871 Posts
Groans: 793
Groaned at 496 Times in 321 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

backfire = intake manifold go boom

Inb4 85% silicone core. It's better than aluminum.
What's you buddy's ex wife trap?
I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
GODspeed7 (04-06-2013), jseams (04-10-2013)
 Old 04-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #2675

GODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,011 Times in 1,973 Posts
Groaned at 58 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Correct. The term is afterfire. And my HKS full VTA afterfires a lot but I love it and give zero fucks. Because racecar!

HYPNOTIC TUNED, FREEK TUNED, HTP full 3" intake/TIP, HKS SSQV 4 full VTA, Corksport catless downpipe, Corksport catless Racepipe, Cobb AP V3, Autotech Fuel Pump Internals, JBR 88duro RMM, JBR 88duro TMM, JBR 80duro PMM, JBR cylindrical shift knob, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, EBC green brake pads, Centric high carbon rotors, Nitto NT555 tires, Gorilla spline lug nuts, DDM tuning HID's lows, Resonator Delete.
GODspeed7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GODspeed7 For This Useful Post:
jseams (04-10-2013)
 Old 04-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #2676

ahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
Spent some time after work installing my v-limited Ebay lip tonight. Even on a lift this was not an easy job, takes a decent amount of time with a heat gun especially when the lip comes in pretty mangled shape
Looks good. Consider yourself lucky on getting one. I went to buy one a few days ago and now everyone is sold out of them. You can only find the CS2 style for the $60 shipped price...

I wish someone would just make a cheap one that is a direct bolt on to our cars...

go | COBB AccessPORT | Autotech HPFP Internals | TurboXS Catless Downpipe | TurboXS Race Pipe | Ultimate Racing Catback w/Magnaflow Resonator | Corksport Urethane Exhaust Hangers |
JBR Boost Tubes | cp-e Nviscid Pipe | cp-e XcelNANO SRI | cp-e HeliHose | cp-e Stage 1 xFlex RMM | JBR SSB | RDS-05 Rear Sway Bar |
Torque Solutions Delrin Shift Knob | Block8Head Dual Defrost Pod | Aeroforce Interceptor | Prosport Evo Boost Gauge

show | BC Racing BR Coilovers w/Koyo | SPC Rear Camber Arms | Avid.1 AV-06 18x8 +42 225/40 | 2011+ Tech Headlights | Corksport Tow Plate |
Morimoto 5000k bi-xenon / 3000k fogs | 3BSpec Switchbacks | Corksport LED Rear Bumper Lights | S204 STi Lip

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ahfunaki is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #2677

Ryguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post

Nice. Does that use the OEM front bar air pick up? Its huge compared to Corksport..

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
Yea it does, you cut the inlet pipe in half and attach a silicone hose to the airbox. Fitting that hose and the lid took the most time.
Ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryguy For This Useful Post:
Yeldarb (04-07-2013)
 Old 04-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #2678

Lalangalang has a reputation beyond reputeLalangalang has a reputation beyond reputeLalangalang has a reputation beyond reputeLalangalang has a reputation beyond reputeLalangalang has a reputation beyond reputeLalangalang has a reputation beyond reputeLalangalang has a reputation beyond reputeLalangalang has a reputation beyond reputeLalangalang has a reputation beyond reputeLalangalang has a reputation beyond reputeLalangalang has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default install meet win!

Got the autotech internals installed today thanks to fellow nators at the nator tn/ky meet today. Met alot of great people cant wait for the next one.

Peformance Mods
Gt3076r, Cobb AP, Cobb EBCS, Cobb piping, Treadstones tr8L, Ultimate racing crash bar, Hks ssqv in recirc, autotech HPFP Internals, HTP 3.5 intake/tih, Cpe turboback system, Jbr heavy knob, Jbr 88 rmm, Jbr shifter bushings, Jbr rsb, Jbr occ, Swift springs, Ebc redstuff

Exterior Mods
Yellow hella fogs, Red out tailights, Jbr V2 mudflaps,Fds or Evo X enkeis, Nator Tn/Ky Stickers!
Lalangalang is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #2679

CodeMan is the leader of the worldCodeMan is the leader of the worldCodeMan is the leader of the worldCodeMan is the leader of the worldCodeMan is the leader of the worldCodeMan is the leader of the worldCodeMan is the leader of the worldCodeMan is the leader of the worldCodeMan is the leader of the worldCodeMan is the leader of the worldCodeMan is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just another Plasti-Dip'd 2nd Gen. I used super narrow 3M plastic pinstriping tape for the edge and did it all with one piece so I could easily pull it immediately. Worked perfect, line is clean as hell. Couple spots are a little meh but nothing huge. It passes the 3-5 ft test easily at least.

minger likes this.
CodeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CodeMan For This Useful Post:
Jhernandez1304 (04-07-2013), PUGENE (04-07-2013)
 Old 04-07-2013, 05:01 AM   #2680

2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed Stoptech blank rotors, ebc reds and SS lines all the way around my MS6. Also a MD stage two occ. Busy and long day for me yesterday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-787955853.jpg (345.6 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg image-440491447.jpg (399.5 KB, 48 views)
Cobb AP 50/50 FREEKTune/Cobb 3port EBCS/C-PE Nano Intake/C-PE TIP/C-PE TMIC/HKS SQ3 BOV/Auto Tech HPFP/M2 DP/Custom CB/Denso ITV 22's/JBR RMM/Sure SSP/Sure Shifter Bushings/Custom EGR Kit/TB&IM TIG/MD Stage2 OCC/Koni Yellow S&S/H&R LS/Stoptech Blanks/EBC Red/Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines/
2.3speed06 is offline   Reply With Quote