register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - E85 Fueling

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - E85 Fueling Learn more about feeding your car corn

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree27Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-27-2016, 04:54 PM   #161

Gerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the worldGerbilo is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Orangatang View Post
ahem. Oreilly auto near me.(phone turned photo sideways.)
Can confirm. dexos1 Brands

Just took this photo a minute ago of the box next to my desk.
20160527_174038.jpg

I'm not disputing any of your findings on this subject, just saying PennzPlat is dexos1 and I swear it has been for a while.

I'm going to shut up now and let you good folks science me, as usual.
CP-E Stage 2 RMM & TMIC
Cobb Accessport V3
Autotech HPFP Internals
Pilot Super Sport 235/40/18 - Stock Pu
Pilot Alpin PA3 215/50/17 - Sport Edition CE

2016.5 MGM Mazda CX-5 Touring
Gerbilo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-27-2016, 07:04 PM   #162

blackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 15 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

$9 a qt? Fuck that. Go to walmart.
COBB ACCESSPORT//TURBOXS CATLESS DP+RACEPIPE//3 BAR MAP//3.5" HTP INTAKE//NGK 1 STEP COLDER PLUGS//HKS CATBACK//AUTOTECH INTERNALS//COBB FMIC V2.0//HKS BOV BLACK EDITION IN VTA//RPF1 17x9//pilot super sport 245/45/17//ACT 6 PUCK//M.D OCC VTA//TOKAY SEALS//BNR S4//Hypnotic tuned
blackms3_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackms3_71 For This Useful Post:
CWP_MS3 (11-02-2016), Gerbilo (05-27-2016)
 Old 05-27-2016, 07:36 PM   #163

Orangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Gerbilo View Post
Can confirm. dexos1 Brands

Just took this photo a minute ago of the box next to my desk.
Attachment 225677

I'm not disputing any of your findings on this subject, just saying PennzPlat is dexos1 and I swear it has been for a while.

I'm going to shut up now and let you good folks science me, as usual.
I know you were not disputing my findings. Just adding to it.
JBR SSB, CX piping with TR6, DM OCC

Dizzy Tuned

" I just don't need a stage 6, 16 puck, teflon diamond plated clutch that can snap a femur downshifting." -Raider
Orangatang is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-27-2016, 10:03 PM   #164

Enki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,282 Times in 4,841 Posts
Groans: 189
Groaned at 40 Times in 36 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Test it and let us know how it goes.

No, really. Do it.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1981_1.gif
Enki is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-29-2016, 05:22 PM   #165
Trail of Fail

Dano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,247 Times in 6,532 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 25 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Orangatang View Post
ahem. Oreilly auto near me.(phone turned photo sideways.)
that is def new...at least as of 6 months ago. give it a try. RP is spensive.

07 Red MS3 GT - E40 - Carrillo Rods - Wiseco Pistons - BSD - JBR 3.5 WidePath - ATP GTX3071 - Forge BPV - GA - Cobb v2 FMIC - CPE EM - CPE DP - CNT CBE - APv3 - Grim EBC - PERM dual port PCV plate - Dano dual OCC - CPE CDFP - Labonte S2 WMI - ACT Street Kit - SUv2 RMM - SU TM - "Stiffy" MM - DG CF wing ext, skirts & front lip - Hotchkis RSB/FSB w PowerGrid Links - Koni FSDs - DBA SX4000 Rotors - Hawk Pads - Silver OZ Ultraleggera - 235/40/18 NT-01
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-29-2016, 07:09 PM   #166

Amaroms3 is a splendid one to beholdAmaroms3 is a splendid one to beholdAmaroms3 is a splendid one to beholdAmaroms3 is a splendid one to beholdAmaroms3 is a splendid one to beholdAmaroms3 is a splendid one to beholdAmaroms3 is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Might be giving this a try. I've been running pennzoil platnium for about 2 years now. My internals are coming in this week I hope and will be doing the sl1 treatment with this oils so hopefully works out for me.
Amaroms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-29-2016, 11:40 PM   #167

Orangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dano View Post
that is def new...at least as of 6 months ago. give it a try. RP is spensive.
Sadly I am not full e85. just a little e85 mixed in.
I just like to read posts and try to help out when I can.
JBR SSB, CX piping with TR6, DM OCC

Dizzy Tuned

" I just don't need a stage 6, 16 puck, teflon diamond plated clutch that can snap a femur downshifting." -Raider
Orangatang is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-31-2016, 08:55 AM   #168

TORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am probably never going to go full E85, but wonder if at least using the Redline treatment on the spill valve would be good for a car running a 30% mix? I have never ran it yet, getting ready to try it out soon, and I already run a Dexos 1 oil.
(SOLD) 2013 Crystal White MS3--JBR 3.5" intake, very minor PNP intake manifold, CS TMIC, CS HPFP internals, CS BPV, JBR EGR delete and block-off, CFM RMM, CS TM insert, Cobb AP V3 with Stratified Stage 3 tunes (93 and E85 mix), VTCS delete, coolant bypass, 1 step colder plugs, CS shifter bushings, CS short shifter, Damond OCC, Ultra Gauge, Progress RSB, Koni dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, JBR rear spacers, 235/40/18 Nitto Motivo tires, Drag DR-49 18x8" wheels, CNT cat-less DP, CNT cat-back, DDM HIDs, etc.

2017 Mazda CX-3 Meteor Gray
TORQUERULES is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-31-2016, 11:49 AM   #169
Trail of Fail

Dano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,247 Times in 6,532 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 25 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

not needed.

on a 4/8 gallon mix, E35, no oil or Si-1 additions are needed. I believe problems with the CDFP tend to arise approaching a 50% concentration of E.

I am running a E40ish, 5/7 mix, without issue and have been for over a year, but want to go to 50% so switched to RP. Going to try and not use Si-1 at all.

So bottom line you don't need to do a thing with oil and if you want piece of mind you can throw some Si-1 into the spill valve but likely not necessary to maintain pressure.

07 Red MS3 GT - E40 - Carrillo Rods - Wiseco Pistons - BSD - JBR 3.5 WidePath - ATP GTX3071 - Forge BPV - GA - Cobb v2 FMIC - CPE EM - CPE DP - CNT CBE - APv3 - Grim EBC - PERM dual port PCV plate - Dano dual OCC - CPE CDFP - Labonte S2 WMI - ACT Street Kit - SUv2 RMM - SU TM - "Stiffy" MM - DG CF wing ext, skirts & front lip - Hotchkis RSB/FSB w PowerGrid Links - Koni FSDs - DBA SX4000 Rotors - Hawk Pads - Silver OZ Ultraleggera - 235/40/18 NT-01
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dano For This Useful Post:
Enki (05-31-2016), TORQUERULES (06-01-2016)
 Old 06-01-2016, 06:17 AM   #170

TORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That is what I figured, but I thought it a good idea to ask. Thanks.
(SOLD) 2013 Crystal White MS3--JBR 3.5" intake, very minor PNP intake manifold, CS TMIC, CS HPFP internals, CS BPV, JBR EGR delete and block-off, CFM RMM, CS TM insert, Cobb AP V3 with Stratified Stage 3 tunes (93 and E85 mix), VTCS delete, coolant bypass, 1 step colder plugs, CS shifter bushings, CS short shifter, Damond OCC, Ultra Gauge, Progress RSB, Koni dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, JBR rear spacers, 235/40/18 Nitto Motivo tires, Drag DR-49 18x8" wheels, CNT cat-less DP, CNT cat-back, DDM HIDs, etc.

2017 Mazda CX-3 Meteor Gray
TORQUERULES is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-10-2016, 06:06 PM   #171

Mazd1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMazd1222 has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 16 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default e85

Can I run my standard tune with a e50 mix in the tank
Mazd1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say NO Thank You to Mazd1222 For This Un-useful Post:
Cheapspeed (06-10-2016), g00s3y (06-11-2016)
 Old 06-10-2016, 11:30 PM   #172

SarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,018 Times in 561 Posts
Groans: 21
Groaned at 8 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mazd1222 View Post
No.
 Old 06-11-2016, 04:48 AM   #173

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,109 Times in 930 Posts
Groans: 402
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mazd1222 View Post
Yes, you can actually.

Just let us know how long it takes for your car to fuck up afterwards. Because it will happen doing something stupid like that.
 Old 06-19-2017, 07:43 AM   #174

MSP6 is the leader of the worldMSP6 is the leader of the worldMSP6 is the leader of the worldMSP6 is the leader of the worldMSP6 is the leader of the worldMSP6 is the leader of the worldMSP6 is the leader of the worldMSP6 is the leader of the worldMSP6 is the leader of the worldMSP6 is the leader of the worldMSP6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,599 Times in 598 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Issues with the hardware fix came up, bumping this for any new searchers.

Just shy of 30k miles and 2.5 years and no sticking issues, and not a single cold start issue since moving to VA. It's not E-85 supply specific as I have used 6-7 different stations in 3 different states.

Car has seen <1k of 93 spread out over that time when E85 pumps have been down and I was lazy during that week and on the gas light.

Redline S1 cleans existing black death, RP Dexxos spec prevents further death. We win.
wes3id, Hoyoman and TRBLSM like this.

Enki - "High mixes of corn = all the wastegate all the time for great justice."
MSP6 is offline   Reply With Quote