register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - E85 Fueling

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - E85 Fueling Learn more about feeding your car corn

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree40Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #121

maxspeed has much to be proud ofmaxspeed has much to be proud ofmaxspeed has much to be proud ofmaxspeed has much to be proud ofmaxspeed has much to be proud ofmaxspeed has much to be proud ofmaxspeed has much to be proud ofmaxspeed has much to be proud ofmaxspeed has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by silvapain View Post
Remember that the Pu has a 16 gallon tank and the Juan is only 14.5 gallons, so how much you add at what gauge level depends on your MY.
Yeah I was going off my 14.5 tank. I filled up today but just went with the dummy proof way of adding 5 gallons of e and rest of tank 93 giving me the 31% mix with the season blend being e70. Afr's seemed good but its raining here so I am gonna get some logs tomorrow. I do have a noob question though I was trying to get a log got some wheelspin and when I looked at the log there was high KR spike after I left of the gas. Im guessing this is nothing but maybe there is something to be changed?
Casanova likes this.
 Old 10-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #122

maxspeed has much to be proud ofmaxspeed has much to be proud ofmaxspeed has much to be proud ofmaxspeed has much to be proud ofmaxspeed has much to be proud ofmaxspeed has much to be proud ofmaxspeed has much to be proud ofmaxspeed has much to be proud ofmaxspeed has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here is the an Idle log, the wheelspin KR after I let of that I was talking about above, and the best 4th gear log I could get tonight. I am not sure if the e has mixed well already if I filled up with a quarter tank?
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog7.csv (9.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: csv Wheelspin KR after letting of throttle.csv (3.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: csv KR after log.csv (6.9 KB, 8 views)
 Old 10-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #123

Enki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,286 Times in 4,841 Posts
Groans: 189
Groaned at 40 Times in 36 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It mixes immediately, if not within a minute or two. It will only separate if you have a ton of water in your tank too.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1981_1.gif
Enki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enki For This Useful Post:
maxspeed (10-22-2013)
 Old 10-22-2013, 10:54 PM   #124

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Enki View Post
It mixes immediately, if not within a minute or two. It will only separate if you have a ton of water in your tank too.
Thanks for the peace of mind. If you don't mind do you see anything out of order in my initial logs I just posted.
 Old 10-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #125

Enki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

There's two things wrong with that post.

1. You've posted logs to this thread, which is a how-to for E85.
2. There's no APP being logged.

Fix the logs, then post a new diagnostic thread with those logs please.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enki For This Useful Post:
El_Diablo (10-23-2013), maxspeed (10-23-2013)
 Old 10-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #126

sallyspeed3 is the leader of the worldsallyspeed3 is the leader of the worldsallyspeed3 is the leader of the worldsallyspeed3 is the leader of the worldsallyspeed3 is the leader of the worldsallyspeed3 is the leader of the worldsallyspeed3 is the leader of the worldsallyspeed3 is the leader of the worldsallyspeed3 is the leader of the worldsallyspeed3 is the leader of the worldsallyspeed3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 11 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by maxspeed View Post
I though you put the e85 first but if you know your own tank I guess it doesn't matter.
Oops, you're right. It's been a while since I've had any E. I'll be getting some on Saturday, so excited.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazdaspeed 3 GT - COBB AP DIZZYTUNED for 30% E85//JBR Whale Penis//COBB TIP//COBB DP//COBB STS//COBB Knob//COBB shift weight//COBB Piping TR8L Core//Magnaflow CBE//Turbosmart BPV//PTP internals//SU RMM//TRZ tranny mount//Koni + H&R springs//Tinted 35% front, 20% rear//Lamin-X head-light & tail-light film//ASA GT1 18x8//Hankook Ventus V12 225/40//
sallyspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #127

nukepilot is the leader of the worldnukepilot is the leader of the worldnukepilot is the leader of the worldnukepilot is the leader of the worldnukepilot is the leader of the worldnukepilot is the leader of the worldnukepilot is the leader of the worldnukepilot is the leader of the worldnukepilot is the leader of the worldnukepilot is the leader of the worldnukepilot is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 32 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

the most accurate way to fill for me is a gallon per gallons. so right now I put 1 gallon of e per 5 of gas. so 1.2 e for 6 91... ie ie. if i want more corn i could move to 1 per 3 and so on and so on. no relying on inaccurate gauges and what not
 Old 11-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #128

turbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the world
Groans: 16
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Meh I just guess based on how long my range meter has read 0.

I know prolly not the best way but I couldnt take calculating shit out all the time.

Usually 3.3 gallons of E when empty then fill the tank till the pump stops 10.5ish gallons of 91

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
sarm1084 likes this.
2010 Velocity Red MS3-Eibach PRO-KIT-EVO X Rims-SU RMM-SU solid shifter bushings-CP-e HPFP-CP-e tip-CP-e cai-CP-e hks ssqv bov kit-ddm slim hid kit 35w-5000k-JBR Heavy Shift Knob-JBR RSB-AQ Motorsports catted downpipe-Magnaflow full 3in CBE- SPC camber arms (Stratified tuning) 91/e85 tuned
turbo test is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #129

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by nukepilot View Post
the most accurate way to fill for me is a gallon per gallons. so right now I put 1 gallon of e per 5 of gas. so 1.2 e for 6 91... ie ie. if i want more corn i could move to 1 per 3 and so on and so on. no relying on inaccurate gauges and what not
Originally Posted by turbo test View Post
Meh I just guess based on how long my range meter has read 0.

I know prolly not the best way but I couldnt take calculating shit out all the time.

Usually 3.3 gallons of E when empty then fill the tank till the pump stops 10.5ish gallons of 91

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
Run a 50/50 mix. Makes it easier less planning involved for filling up and all you have to do is make sure you don't overfill.
 Old 11-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #130

Not Ranked  0 score     

Right now I do e31 ish which comes out to 1:2 ratio of e85:91 due to spring/fall blending. I might loosen that mix up a bit depending, though, to get more fuel headroom.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #131

Not Ranked  0 score     

Right now I do e31 ish which comes out to 1:2 ratio of e85:91 due to spring/fall blending. I might loosen that mix up a bit depending, though, to get more fuel headroom.
Why not 50/50? mpg?
 Old 11-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #132

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by maxspeed View Post
Why not 50/50? mpg?
I'm big turbo now. I ran out of spray window at 15 PSI. At 20 PSI, I'm at/near the limit again on E30-31.

silvapain (11-18-2013)
 Old 11-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #133

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm big turbo now. I ran out of spray window at 15 PSI. At 20 PSI, I'm at/near the limit again on E30-31.
Oh nice I guess thats a good problem to have to bad though our fuel system has small aftermarket support.
 Old 03-26-2014, 08:36 AM   #134

Jap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@couldahadadodge enjoy. It

Tapa Tapa Tapa
faeker (03-26-2014)
 Old 06-02-2014, 11:06 PM   #135

maas173 is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can someone help me out? I don't know anything about doing MAF calibrations. I just bought an accessport v3 and the guy I bought it from had an e85 tune on his 2010/11 mazdaspeed 3. can I use his map for the e85 in my 07 mazdaspeed 3?? trying to save some money on a tune.
maas173 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-02-2014, 11:08 PM   #136

Jap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond reputeJap11g has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by maas173 View Post
Can someone help me out? I don't know anything about doing MAF calibrations. I just bought an accessport v3 and the guy I bought it from had an e85 tune on his 2010/11 mazdaspeed 3. can I use his map for the e85 in my 07 mazdaspeed 3?? trying to save some money on a tune.
I wouldn't. Timing could be way off. Among other thangsss

Tapa Tapa Tapa
 Old 06-02-2014, 11:39 PM   #137

ms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,182 Times in 2,582 Posts
Groans: 307
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by maas173 View Post
MAF Calibration Tutorial Check that out...

Make sure there is no more e85 in the tank, flash to an OTS map until you get linked in a with a tuner.

OTS - A Noob's Guide to Tuning Acronyms

Then read through the rest of the KB threads...

Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base (Gen1 - Gen 2) - Mazdaspeed Forums

Hit up these fellas for a tune... you won't be disappointed.

@Justin@Freektune; @Rob@Freektune;

EBTEC Motor ¤ PTE 5862 ¤ Custom 3" Exhaust ¤ Bosch 3.5 Bar ¤ Custom 4" Intake ¤ CS Seals ¤ JBR EBCS ¤ Kozmic DP ¤ TurboSmart BOV ¤ Treadstone TR10 FMIC ¤ NGK's ¤ AT Internals ¤ 6th Port ¤ DO Meth ¤ CPE Exh Manifold ¤ Tial 44mm EWG ¤ JMF Manifold ¤ COBB AP ¤ 18x8 Tenzo Cuzco's ¤ H&R Coilovers ¤ Dual OCC ¤ Guardian Angel
GT3076 - 393/380 3/9 e85
GT3076 - 426/400 E85/DO10 Meth
PTE5862 - TBD
ms6mil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ms6mil For This Useful Post:
Benis (06-03-2014), ItsNox (06-03-2014), Jap11g (06-02-2014), Rob@Freektune (06-04-2014), sarm1084 (01-03-2018)
 Old 06-26-2014, 12:17 AM   #138

Emew has a reputation beyond reputeEmew has a reputation beyond reputeEmew has a reputation beyond reputeEmew has a reputation beyond reputeEmew has a reputation beyond reputeEmew has a reputation beyond reputeEmew has a reputation beyond reputeEmew has a reputation beyond reputeEmew has a reputation beyond reputeEmew has a reputation beyond reputeEmew has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Quick question. Looking to start a 50/50 blend and I got my scalar/gravity values ready on a map. My e85 station is 1 maybe 2 miles from my shell 93 station. I'm at 25% of a tank of 93, can I safely/reasonably get my 8 gallons of e85 then drive the short distance to the 93 and finish filling up without any major problems or risks or do I need to buy a 2nd 5 gallon gas can?
'07 Speed6 TiGrey: SURE ID300/Shift Plate+Weight/Breather Hose, Forge BPV v2, CX-7 Antenna, ProSport Boost Gauge, Block8Head's MS6 Pod, Cobb AP v3, ITV22 1SC Plugs, TWM Short Shift, Stage 2 Clutch, JBR Shifter Bushings/Shift Knob/RMM/EGR Delete, Euro LED Tails, AutoTech FP Internals, M2 DP, ETS TMIC, Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines/Clutch Line, Hawk HPS Pads, ATE 200, MD OCC VTA v2, 3-Bar MAP, AWR TMM, CP-E RDM, Whiteline RSB, RB Rear Endlinks, Moog Front Endlinks, Bilstein HD6 Shocks, Corksport Springs.
Emew is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-26-2014, 07:34 AM   #139
Eth Fiend

phate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,480 Times in 5,781 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You'll be fine.

www.mazdamotorsports.com <<--Mazda racer support program that is free to join and will save you a ton of money.
phate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phate For This Useful Post:
MZRSPEED (06-28-2014)
 Old 09-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #140

william.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the worldwilliam.fletcher2 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

Alright, so I have done a bunch of reading throughout this thread and others that are on the topic of E85. I am looking at running E85 on my 08.5 (freektune e-tune). I will list my mods below. But onto my questions... 1) is the only hardware upgrade I need to go with is new plugs properly gapped? 2) My car has under 19k miles, should I bother going through the fuel cleaning process? 3) Anything crazy that I may have not seen that would tell me to NOT E85?

-Performance mods.
Autotech HPFP Internals
AEM CAI
COBB DP
COBB CBE
COBB TIH
COBB BPV
COBB APv3 Currently running a Cobb SoCal custom Dyno Tune that was done by previous owner
cp-e FMIC w/ 2.5inch piping
william.fletcher2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-09-2015, 10:01 AM   #141

littleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,653 Times in 1,801 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 21 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default How to e85

SPEEDO90 likes this.
littleloogy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to littleloogy For This Useful Post:
SPEEDO90 (11-09-2015)
 Old 11-09-2015, 10:03 AM   #142

SPEEDO90 is a jewel in the roughSPEEDO90 is a jewel in the roughSPEEDO90 is a jewel in the roughSPEEDO90 is a jewel in the rough
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by littleloogy View Post
LMAOOO I will keep pumping 93 till its diluted for my options hahaha
SPEEDO90 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-12-2016, 07:14 AM   #143

TORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Okay, so I have a few questions...

I am looking at going to a Stratified E85 tune (with a 93 tune as backup) and an AP for my setup. The issue I have is that I really do daily drive my car. How do you guys keep the mixtures correct in daily driving or a trip? Do you just switch to a 93 tune on a trip? Do you just let it run almost empty for daily driving and mix it like that each time or do you have any tricks to keep the mixture correct without running it near empty each time?

Thanks.
(SOLD) 2013 Crystal White MS3--JBR 3.5" intake, very minor PNP intake manifold, CS TMIC, CS HPFP internals, CS BPV, JBR EGR delete and block-off, CFM RMM, CS TM insert, Cobb AP V3 with Stratified Stage 3 tunes (93 and E85 mix), VTCS delete, coolant bypass, 1 step colder plugs, CS shifter bushings, CS short shifter, Damond OCC, Ultra Gauge, Progress RSB, Koni dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, JBR rear spacers, 235/40/18 Nitto Motivo tires, Drag DR-49 18x8" wheels, CNT cat-less DP, CNT cat-back, DDM HIDs, etc.

2017 Mazda CX-3 Meteor Gray
TORQUERULES is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-12-2016, 07:31 AM   #144

zjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have a Stratified E85 tune and I love it. I just go off of this cheat sheat from Hypnotic. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455287472.661336.jpg
sarm1084 likes this.
07 Black Mica MS3: Built motor- SP63 Pro Series 88mm 9.5CR pistons, Manley H-beam rods, Clevite Main/Rod bearings, ARP main studs, L19 head studs, ACT 6-puck sprung clutch w/ Prolite Flywheel, AP V3, Stratified E85 tune/EBCS, NGK plugs, Autotech internals, Corksport injector seals/short shift plate/shifter bushings/LED kit, Cp-e FMIC/catless down pipe, Damond RMM/TMM, Mazdaspeed CBE, JBR SRI/TIP/recirc hose/BSD/oil pan baffle/EGR delete/51r battery box, Forge V2 BPV, Koni yellows, and Cobb springs, Gold Enkei RPF1 w/ 245/45/17 sport comp 2's
zjnspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zjnspeed3 For This Useful Post:
sarm1084 (01-03-2018), TORQUERULES (02-12-2016)
 Old 02-16-2016, 11:17 AM   #145

Speed3GoHard will become famous soon enoughSpeed3GoHard will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Anybody running full E85 or a 50/50 mix tune these days without any issues ??? What's more reliable for our cars full E85 or 50/50 ??? What needs to be done (besides the tune) to run ful E85l or 50/50 ? Thanks guys.
 Old 02-16-2016, 03:02 PM   #146

Cheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,425 Posts
Groans: 29
Groaned at 18 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Speed3GoHard View Post
Anybody running full E85 or a 50/50 mix tune these days without any issues ??? What's more reliable for our cars full E85 or 50/50 ??? What needs to be done (besides the tune) to run ful E85l or 50/50 ? Thanks guys.
50/50 shouldn't give you any problems. E85 is still giving people issues.
sarm1084 likes this.

3rd rebuild on the way...maybe...
Cheapspeed is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheapspeed For This Useful Post:
sarm1084 (01-03-2018)
 Old 02-16-2016, 03:22 PM   #147

Not Ranked  0 score     

Both of you need to read more.

SnailSpeed3 (02-17-2016)
 Old 02-16-2016, 04:43 PM   #148

Cheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,425 Posts
Groans: 29
Groaned at 18 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Both of you need to read more.
Last I read somebody's unicorn internals was making contact with some part it shouldn't be.

3rd rebuild on the way...maybe...
Cheapspeed is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-16-2016, 04:50 PM   #149

Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't recall anything like that, but the IE internals failed for a completely different reason. Myself, and many others have been running full E85 without issue for upwards of a year or more.

Old 02-17-2016, 04:56 PM   #150

Speed3GoHard will become famous soon enoughSpeed3GoHard will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't recall anything like that, but the IE internals failed for a completely different reason. Myself, and many others have been running full E85 without issue for upwards of a year or more.
Great... What did you do to fix the E85 issue we had with our cars?
 Old 03-03-2016, 06:06 AM   #151

TORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Question

How long do you guys wait between fill-ups in order to get the proper mix? I have only one E85 station locally so I do not feel comfortable letting it run near empty before filling. I guess my issue is how to do this all to keep the proper mixture in a daily driving situation? Or do you guys just keep the E85 for fun and run a pure 93 tune most of the time?
(SOLD) 2013 Crystal White MS3--JBR 3.5" intake, very minor PNP intake manifold, CS TMIC, CS HPFP internals, CS BPV, JBR EGR delete and block-off, CFM RMM, CS TM insert, Cobb AP V3 with Stratified Stage 3 tunes (93 and E85 mix), VTCS delete, coolant bypass, 1 step colder plugs, CS shifter bushings, CS short shifter, Damond OCC, Ultra Gauge, Progress RSB, Koni dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, JBR rear spacers, 235/40/18 Nitto Motivo tires, Drag DR-49 18x8" wheels, CNT cat-less DP, CNT cat-back, DDM HIDs, etc.

2017 Mazda CX-3 Meteor Gray
TORQUERULES is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-03-2016, 06:20 AM   #152

MD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,949 Times in 1,059 Posts
Groans: 139
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The mixture doesn't have to be exact. Just give it your best guess and use your fuel trims to make sure your mix is in the ballpark of where it needs to be, then add more E85 as needed, or if you overshoot on E85, just keep an eye on your WOT AFR's and as long as they're OK, just roll with it. Many of us switch back and forth between straight gas and mixes all the time since straight gas is better for commuting (fuel economy is way better).
sarm1084 likes this.
sarm1084 (01-03-2018), TORQUERULES (03-14-2016)
 Old 03-03-2016, 06:22 AM   #153

Jakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

At 1/4 tank I add 3gal E85 + 6gal 93.

Or 4 + 8 if I go below empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 Old 08-28-2016, 09:19 AM   #154

Smus has a spectacular aura aboutSmus has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Speed3GoHard View Post
Great... What did you do to fix the E85 issue we had with our cars?

It took me about 2-3 hours of reading to get 100% up to speed with zero e85 knowledge, but it's all in the stickys, just do some reading and follow some of the quoted threads. The guys here did all the research and literally risked their health to get the info. All you need is in the stickys at the top.
sarm1084 likes this.

Last edited by Smus; 08-28-2016 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Delete DP
Smus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Smus For This Useful Post:
sarm1084 (01-03-2018)
 Old 12-22-2017, 07:03 PM   #155
KJL

KJL is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey all I know this is an old post but I have one question. I have a tune from pd tuning. If I wanted to do a e30 mix what would I have to change in order to run it. My maf Cal is dialed in perfect according to my stft. Thanks in advance. If I am in the wrong post for this please let me know where to go. Again thanks and sorry for being a new.
2011 velocity red mica PU, JBR short shift plate, Corksport short ram, Ebay turbo inlet, corksport tmic, KDM HPFP internals, Ebay long tube downpipe, resonator and muffler delete. itv22 spark plugs, HKS bov. Tuned by Ryan at Purple Drank.
KJL is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-23-2017, 12:01 PM   #156

shamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Call PD tuning since your tune is probably locked by them.
2009 MGM MS3 - / HTP 3"/ COBB AP V3, FMIC, RMM, & DP / AT Internals / Manley Rods & Pistons / ARP studs & bolts / Koyorad radiator / DM PS Cooler & OCCs / ACT Clutch / Bilstein B16 / CS Camber Plates, Camber Arms, & Seals / JBR .125 RSB, 51R Battery Box & Raider's AD / StopTech Brakes
shamie is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f567/how-e85-98590/
Posted By For Type Date
How to e85 mazdaspeed - 1Q5A This thread Refback 10-02-2014 07:27 AM
how to make a mazdaspeed 6 run on E85 This thread Refback 04-23-2013 10:54 AM