register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Appearance > Interior

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MazdaBoy2.3

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-27-2015, 07:00 AM   #1

ljblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default 2010 MS3 armrest

When I first got my car, I could push the little button and the armrest would slowly slide forward into position. Now it won't. I have to push the button to release the latch and grab it and pull it forward. I tried to grease some of the spots where I thought it was rubbing but it's not working. Any ideas?
ljblue is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-28-2015, 07:34 AM   #2

Mikee89 is the leader of the worldMikee89 is the leader of the worldMikee89 is the leader of the worldMikee89 is the leader of the worldMikee89 is the leader of the worldMikee89 is the leader of the worldMikee89 is the leader of the worldMikee89 is the leader of the worldMikee89 is the leader of the worldMikee89 is the leader of the worldMikee89 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I noticed that this happens when it's cold, 30F or less.
 Old 03-28-2015, 07:46 AM   #3

MazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,975 Posts
Groans: 51
Groaned at 29 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ummm... who cares? Lol.

Id be praying to the car gods if this was my biggest concern on a 6 year old car. Haha
tbcota25 and Bexar like this.

Now i drive a slow stockish Focus ST...
MazdaBoy2.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MazdaBoy2.3 For This Useful Post:
Agent_Orange (03-28-2015), WA_MS6 (04-14-2015)
 Old 03-28-2015, 03:12 PM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Very true. Lucky that I've had no issues whatsoever. Just annoying.
 Old 04-02-2015, 06:57 AM   #5

capblueberry has much to be proud ofcapblueberry has much to be proud ofcapblueberry has much to be proud ofcapblueberry has much to be proud ofcapblueberry has much to be proud ofcapblueberry has much to be proud ofcapblueberry has much to be proud ofcapblueberry has much to be proud ofcapblueberry has much to be proud ofcapblueberry has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

I read this post and was like wtf is he talking about "auto armrest?!" so i went out to my car and looked at it closely and hit the button and BAM auto armrest. Never knew it did that, had it since august lol

DAY=MADE

sorry for the issue though man.
capblueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to capblueberry For This Useful Post:
cody red (05-01-2015), Easter Bunny (04-02-2015), ekklesia_ms3 (04-02-2015), Shwa (04-14-2015), Speed3Pedro (09-25-2016)
 Old 04-02-2015, 09:46 AM   #6

SparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,433 Times in 598 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The armrest comes apart fairly easy if, I can take some pictures of one disassembled if you want, might be some gunk stuck in there.
South Bend Clutch Stage 3 Endurance | TWM Full Replacement Shifter | Synapse Engineering BPV | Autotech Internals | Grimmspeed EBCS - 3port | NGK 1 Step Colder Plugs | CNT Catless DP and CBE w/resonator deleted | COBB AP - E35 Tune | HTP 3.5" Intake w/ AMSOIL Dry Filter and Pre-Filter | HTP Battery Tray w/ Energizer 51R | CP-E TMIC | CorkSport DISI Silicone Boost Tubes | Damond Motorsports/Saikou Michi Co. Stage2 OCC | Damond Motorsports Short Shift Plate | Sure Countershift | BOSCH 3 Bar MAP w/MattJackson86 PnP Harness | JBR Rear Sway Bar | JBR EGR Block Off Kit | JBR Manifold - TIG | JBR Throttle Body TIG & Coolant Bypass | JBR 88a RMM | JBR 88a TMM | JBR 80a PMM |JBR DISI Bypass Valve Hose | Ported and Polished Intake Manifold DIY | RX8 Wheels w/ Nitto Motivo 235/40/18 Tires | CP-E Towplate | DIY Custom 600g Shift Knob | Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT | 30% / 15% Tint | Craven Speed Stubby Antenna | Broadway 400mm Rear View Mirror | Debadged Mazdaspeed 3

Waiting to be installed: Devil's Own Stage 2 DVC-30 Meth Injection | Damond Motorsports Meth Throttle Body Plate
On Order:
Coming Soon:
DIY Projects:

FYCN - TEAM LBN BEERS - FYCN-TEAM MUMFORD - FYCN
SparkySparks is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-02-2015, 11:33 AM   #7

El Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,072 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Mine has never moved on it's own when pushing the button. I've always had to manually move it

SOLD 2012 LSM Tech - 11/17/17
El Beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-02-2015, 12:56 PM   #8

WetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,203 Times in 3,608 Posts
Groans: 430
Groaned at 247 Times in 83 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Armrest??? We talking about the center console? I never knew that moved.

I guess I should spend less time with my hands on the wheel more often. I utilize so little of the creature comforts of this car. Recently I was laughed at for not having any preset radio stations, because I gave up on that shit when my battery started being disconnected so often.

SLUNTWORKS SPEEDSHOP
WetzMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WetzMS3 For This Useful Post:
littleloogy (04-14-2015), Pointless (04-03-2015), Shampu (04-02-2015)
 Old 04-03-2015, 05:50 AM   #9

capblueberry has much to be proud ofcapblueberry has much to be proud ofcapblueberry has much to be proud ofcapblueberry has much to be proud ofcapblueberry has much to be proud ofcapblueberry has much to be proud ofcapblueberry has much to be proud ofcapblueberry has much to be proud ofcapblueberry has much to be proud ofcapblueberry has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by WetzMS3 View Post
Armrest??? We talking about the center console? I never knew that moved.

I guess I should spend less time with my hands on the wheel more often. I utilize so little of the creature comforts of this car. Recently I was laughed at for not having any preset radio stations, because I gave up on that shit when my battery started being disconnected so often.
neither did I...blew my mind yesterday when i hit the button haha
capblueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-03-2015, 06:04 AM   #10

El Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,072 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll be damned. The thing does move on its own if I don't have any weight on it. Hit the button and it said out by itself. I've always just hit the button and slid it out lol

SOLD 2012 LSM Tech - 11/17/17
El Beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-03-2015, 02:52 PM   #11

nilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the world
Groans: 17
Groaned at 10 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have had the car for 3 years now...never knew this existed until this thread

nilashish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nilashish For This Useful Post:
cody red (05-01-2015)
 Old 04-03-2015, 03:07 PM   #12

CFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's the little things that will blow your mind. Engine fuse box says seat warmer and even has a fuse in it. Spent the next 30 min looking for it. Sad to say mine does not have it :-/
CFI2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-03-2015, 04:55 PM   #13

WetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,203 Times in 3,608 Posts
Groans: 430
Groaned at 247 Times in 83 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I do not know why I'll ever use it, but mind blown when I hit the button and it slid out.

SLUNTWORKS SPEEDSHOP
WetzMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-03-2015, 05:01 PM   #14

CFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the worldCFI2008 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by WetzMS3 View Post
I do not know why I'll ever use it, but mind blown when I hit the button and it slid out.
It's the first thing I do when I get in my car!
CFI2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SparkySparks View Post
The armrest comes apart fairly easy if, I can take some pictures of one disassembled if you want, might be some gunk stuck in there.
That would be cool man. Or just a little info on where to pull it apart. Always scares me pulling on plastic trim stuff. Thanks!

[QUOTE=nilashish;2848824]I have had the car for 3 years now...never knew this existed until this thread

haha...that's funny. the guy I bought it from showed me...guess that's the only reason I knew. I use it all the time. Like my armrest forward. Glad I could help everyone out! Now to get mine working again...

Last edited by ljblue; 04-08-2015 at 09:00 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 04-09-2015, 08:59 PM   #16

SparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the worldSparkySparks is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

OK, here are some pictures of the armrest with the padded leather part removed. The top just pulls off, start at one corner and move down the side.

uploadfromtaptalk1428638193564.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1428638211820.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1428638235762.jpg

To remove the part that slides, push the button and slide it all the way forward. I circled the catches in one of the photos, all you have to do is push down on the bottom and left up and the catches should clear. Then you just need to keep pushing the slide forward until it is off.

uploadfromtaptalk1428638256510.jpg

There are four metal pieces (circled in the picture) that you will have to be carefull to push down when you put it back together.

uploadfromtaptalk1428638325849.jpg

The metal band is actually the spring that makes the padded part slide out.

uploadfromtaptalk1428638345140.jpg

The little gear is what controls the speed at which it slides out.

uploadfromtaptalk1428638361963.jpg

If I had to guess, the gear is probably gummed up amd/or the metal band is worn out.
South Bend Clutch Stage 3 Endurance | TWM Full Replacement Shifter | Synapse Engineering BPV | Autotech Internals | Grimmspeed EBCS - 3port | NGK 1 Step Colder Plugs | CNT Catless DP and CBE w/resonator deleted | COBB AP - E35 Tune | HTP 3.5" Intake w/ AMSOIL Dry Filter and Pre-Filter | HTP Battery Tray w/ Energizer 51R | CP-E TMIC | CorkSport DISI Silicone Boost Tubes | Damond Motorsports/Saikou Michi Co. Stage2 OCC | Damond Motorsports Short Shift Plate | Sure Countershift | BOSCH 3 Bar MAP w/MattJackson86 PnP Harness | JBR Rear Sway Bar | JBR EGR Block Off Kit | JBR Manifold - TIG | JBR Throttle Body TIG & Coolant Bypass | JBR 88a RMM | JBR 88a TMM | JBR 80a PMM |JBR DISI Bypass Valve Hose | Ported and Polished Intake Manifold DIY | RX8 Wheels w/ Nitto Motivo 235/40/18 Tires | CP-E Towplate | DIY Custom 600g Shift Knob | Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT | 30% / 15% Tint | Craven Speed Stubby Antenna | Broadway 400mm Rear View Mirror | Debadged Mazdaspeed 3

Waiting to be installed: Devil's Own Stage 2 DVC-30 Meth Injection | Damond Motorsports Meth Throttle Body Plate
On Order:
Coming Soon:
DIY Projects:

Old 04-11-2015, 06:21 AM   #17

macdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm gonna be a Debbie downer on this one. Its a cool feature but the extended armrest will hit the ebrake, when applied, and tall cups.

Sent from my iPad using my stinky fingers
2010 speed w/tech//Freektune//Autotech hpfp//Cobb APv3-SRI-TIH--cold air box//Corksport--Axle back exhaust//adjustable shocks and springs//LED's//Damond RMM--PMM--TMM--OCC stage II--SSP with OEM weight//HKS SSQV recirc//Fomoco honey//JBR bsd and baffle--shift bushings--51R battery tray--STS--bypass hose--tig tb coolant bypass//M2 test pipe//NGK 6510 one step chilly//StopTech SS brake lines//ETS TMIC//Progress 32mm rear sway//UMBRA tint by Nino 35%//Hawk DTC-60 up front and HPplus pads in rear//Mazda5 oem+rear brake kit//TrackMasters hood struts//

Coming up: Corksport injector seals
macdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-11-2015, 07:14 AM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

I only use mine on long road trips so parking brake isn't a concern. I also normal don't have tall drinks in the cup holders as they hit my arm when shifting so not so much a concern for me either. But you are right that it can possibly interfere with large drinks and the parking brake.

On Order:
Coming Soon:
DIY Projects:

Old 04-14-2015, 07:18 PM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SparkySparks View Post
OK, here are some pictures of the armrest with the padded leather part removed. The top just pulls off, start at one corner and move down the side.

Attachment 196463
Attachment 196464
Attachment 196465

To remove the part that slides, push the button and slide it all the way forward. I circled the catches in one of the photos, all you have to do is push down on the bottom and left up and the catches should clear. Then you just need to keep pushing the slide forward until it is off.

Attachment 196466

There are four metal pieces (circled in the picture) that you will have to be carefull to push down when you put it back together.

Attachment 196468

The metal band is actually the spring that makes the padded part slide out.

Attachment 196469

The little gear is what controls the speed at which it slides out.

Attachment 196470

If I had to guess, the gear is probably gummed up amd/or the metal band is worn out.
Wow! Thanks. That's way more help than I would expect to get on a forum. I took it all apart. Really easy to do. The gear turns smoothly but is pretty stiff. I'm assuming that's the way its supposed to be? I also found out if you pull the flat spring out far enough it will fly off and scare the crap out of you! I'm thinking the spring is weak. I'll see if I can get another one cheap enough. Really appreciate the assistance sir!
 Old 04-14-2015, 07:27 PM   #20
Raider is mah Homie

Easter Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the world
Thanked 14,694 Times in 4,613 Posts
Groans: 2,978
Groaned at 94 Times in 82 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by macdiesel View Post
I'm gonna be a Debbie downer on this one. Its a cool feature but the extended armrest will hit the ebrake, when applied, and tall cups.

Sent from my iPad using my stinky fingers
Does not hit properly adjusted ebrake. Do you always have a drink in the caR? my cupholder door is closed more than it is open.

I hugged rfinkle2
Easter Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-14-2015, 07:52 PM   #21

macdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hit the ebrake with 30k on the car. Guess I could try to adjust out, but I don't really use the extended console. And yes to tall coffee mugs.

Sent from my iPhone using sausage fingers
2010 speed w/tech//Freektune//Autotech hpfp//Cobb APv3-SRI-TIH--cold air box//Corksport--Axle back exhaust//adjustable shocks and springs//LED's//Damond RMM--PMM--TMM--OCC stage II--SSP with OEM weight//HKS SSQV recirc//Fomoco honey//JBR bsd and baffle--shift bushings--51R battery tray--STS--bypass hose--tig tb coolant bypass//M2 test pipe//NGK 6510 one step chilly//StopTech SS brake lines//ETS TMIC//Progress 32mm rear sway//UMBRA tint by Nino 35%//Hawk DTC-60 up front and HPplus pads in rear//Mazda5 oem+rear brake kit//TrackMasters hood struts//

Coming up: Corksport injector seals
macdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-14-2015, 08:20 PM   #22

fredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

my ebrake doesn't hit the armrest when extended
fredricktsang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fredricktsang For This Useful Post:
BAT-man (10-29-2016)
 Old 06-27-2015, 01:09 PM   #23
Banned

coasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 19 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I wonder if you can lube it to make it work better? I am sure it is not cold enough to mess it up from moving.
coasttime is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-23-2016, 11:53 AM   #24

Amer8550 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ljblue View Post
When I first got my car, I could push the little button and the armrest would slowly slide forward into position. Now it won't. I have to push the button to release the latch and grab it and pull it forward. I tried to grease some of the spots where I thought it was rubbing but it's not working. Any ideas?
Took mine apart and used spray on teflon on the tracks. Hope this helps
Amer8550 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-23-2016, 12:00 PM   #25

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,166 Times in 964 Posts
Groans: 439
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

1 year 3 months ago...

I think he got ideas already...