register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Appearance > Exterior

Notices

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #1

redblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the world
Groans: 46
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Blacked out emblems

Hey folks:

I finally had a chance to install my blacked out emblems this afternoon. I bought them from Krypto Emblems. they are painted matte black

Home - KEP

I'll take some better pics tomorrow (when it stops raining). Took these in my garage, so they kinda suck but I wanted to post some up. I think they look great and I only broke 2 of the small front bumper plastic mounting screws (6 run across the front of the bumper when you pop the hood). Luckily I only broke 1 tag (that I couldn't reach with my hand) when removing the front OEM emblem.

Anyways here are some pics.

redblur is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #2

Vater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks great, redblur. I'd get those, too, but I really want gloss black emblems. Can't seem to find them anywhere, so DIY it is...

2010 Mazdaspeed3 Sport | Black Mica w/ Tech Package
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
| JBR SSP Stage 2 | JBR 88 duro RMM | Sure Aeros SRI | HTP TIP | DDM HID lows | Corksport LED fogs |
| FIAMM low tone Freeway Blaster | Kumho Ecsta LE Sport (stock wheels) | Black 16x7 Flik FTDs (winter) |

______________________________| 215/55/R16 Falken Eurowinters (winter) |____________________________
Vater is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-24-2009, 07:21 PM   #3

redblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the worldredblur is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Vater:

Email Krypto. I'm pretty sure they can do it gloss black. Drop them an email.

I like the matte/flat black look myself
 Old 10-25-2009, 09:04 PM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Neutral  +1 score     

Some pics from today after washing her up...

One with my Pup in the pic

One with both my pups and my wife's CX-7

|2010 VRM Speed3|
|CS SRI/TIP/TMIC|UR CBE/TP|CP-E HPFP|COBB AP Stg2 FREAKTune|SU BPV|TRZ MM|ITV22's|
 Old 10-25-2009, 11:47 PM   #5

MazSpd3Jase is the leader of the worldMazSpd3Jase is the leader of the worldMazSpd3Jase is the leader of the worldMazSpd3Jase is the leader of the worldMazSpd3Jase is the leader of the worldMazSpd3Jase is the leader of the worldMazSpd3Jase is the leader of the worldMazSpd3Jase is the leader of the worldMazSpd3Jase is the leader of the worldMazSpd3Jase is the leader of the worldMazSpd3Jase is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 18 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

diggin the matte look of your emblems....sweet lookin cx-7 too.
MazSpd3Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-26-2009, 05:15 AM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks MazSpd3Jase

|2010 VRM Speed3|
|CS SRI/TIP/TMIC|UR CBE/TP|CP-E HPFP|COBB AP Stg2 FREAKTune|SU BPV|TRZ MM|ITV22's|
 Old 10-26-2009, 07:10 AM   #7

Aetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,081 Times in 360 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks great and cool dogs too. I see you put wheels on the wifes car =) I'm always pushing upgrades for my wifes car too.
 Old 10-26-2009, 04:21 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah the wifey's is into her cars too. The CX-7 has a CP-E intake, CP-E test pipe, and CP-E CBE. She sounds mean

Also bought wifey's some 18" O.Z. Bottecelli's (SP?). Her other car is a 2000 Miata with an FMII turbo

|2010 VRM Speed3|

Last edited by redblur; 11-04-2009 at 05:45 PM.
 Old 10-26-2009, 10:28 PM   #9

Aetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,081 Times in 360 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

My wife won't let me put exhaust on her car, but I don't blame her, it's so smooth and quiet. 2009 Mazda6 V6 GT (we're a Mazda family too...)

Old 10-27-2009, 05:14 AM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sweet 6!

|2010 VRM Speed3|
 Old 10-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #11

xezerax is a name known to allxezerax is a name known to allxezerax is a name known to allxezerax is a name known to allxezerax is a name known to allxezerax is a name known to all
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice emblems looks good, and sweet dogs, i want a husky..
xezerax is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks xezerax

|2010 VRM Speed3|
 Old 10-29-2009, 08:11 AM   #13

dr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the world
Groaned at 22 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

why did u take out the mazdespeed3 emblem off the back??

Car: Mazdaspeed3 2010 VRM- BNR S3 Turbo*FreekTuned*363HP 360TQ-DDM 6000k ,tinted 5%,K&N short ram - COBB AP V3 - COBB XLE bpv - JBR SSP stage 2 - JBR billet 80 RMM - JBR heavy shift knob - cp-e fuel pump - COBB inlet -COBB downpipe - COBB CBE - ETS TMIC black- Nitto NT05 tires on stocker wheel - NGK LTR7IX-11 plugs - Corksports led kit - Corksport fog led kit.-Aeroforce gauges dual with blockhead dual gauge pod- CS boost tube -KNIGHTSPORTS REAR BUMPER - GS EBCS - 3 Bar Map - mgp brake calipers- corksport rear bumper lights - TWM short shifter - JBR TB/IM TI - EGR block - Njspeed pnp IM - K&W V3 coilover - Rear Carbon Fiber Spoiler -

ptp studs/seals pending

mazda 323 2002 hiboost turbo 1.6L-Automatic- Wife's car
dr_banano is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-29-2009, 08:26 AM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Cause I like the clean look on the back without the emblem

|2010 VRM Speed3|
 Old 11-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #15

JS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 99
Groaned at 72 Times in 51 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by redblur View Post
Cause I like the clean look on the back without the emblem
Ditto.
JS + MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-04-2009, 07:08 PM   #16

gmather is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Loving the stealth look
gmather is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks!

|2010 VRM Speed3|
 Old 12-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #18

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

If anyone is looking to buy from this place, DON'T

I ordered a set of flog light bezels painted matte black (like my emblems) and still have not received them. Ordered 10/30/09 and 6 emails later with only 1 response that he was going to ship me the emblems just before Thanksgiving and then nothing.

Reported him to PayPal. Just an FYI.

Anyone else have any issues (recently) with Kryptoemblems.com?

|2010 VRM Speed3|
 Old 12-17-2009, 09:38 PM   #19

Vater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by redblur View Post
Vater:

Email Krypto. I'm pretty sure they can do it gloss black. Drop them an email.
Hmm...not so sure I want to now! :P Actually after tomorrow I'll be off work until after the new year, so I'll have some time to DIY my emblems.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
| JBR SSP Stage 2 | JBR 88 duro RMM | Sure Aeros SRI | HTP TIP | DDM HID lows | Corksport LED fogs |
| FIAMM low tone Freeway Blaster | Kumho Ecsta LE Sport (stock wheels) | Black 16x7 Flik FTDs (winter) |

______________________________| 215/55/R16 Falken Eurowinters (winter) |____________________________
 Old 12-17-2009, 10:01 PM   #20

MKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Not Ranked  0 score     

I ordered mine from Street Unit awhile back in gloss black. Fast shipping and reliable!!

Redblur - that sucks about krypto!! Let us know how that turns out.

I don't have any picks of the front but here's a pic from the rear.

Last edited by MKTMS3; 12-17-2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
MKTMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MKTMS3 For This Useful Post:
2010 MS3 (02-04-2010), fortunehunter6 (01-23-2010), redblur (12-18-2009), Vater (12-17-2009)
 Old 12-17-2009, 11:19 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

Holy crap that looks awesome. Exactly what I want my MS3 to look like, although I don't think it's legal in VA to black out the tail lights. I didn't realize SU had emblems, and in gloss black to boot. Did you just order these even though they say they're for the 07-09s? In other words, are the 2nd gen emblems the same size as the 1st gen's?

The Following User Says Thank You to Vater For This Useful Post:
MKTMS3 (12-17-2009)
 Old 12-17-2009, 11:46 PM   #22

MKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the worldMKTMS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm not sure if they're the same or not. I called mark and he said he had them for the 2010. IMO, (even though I bought mine) after seeing how easy it was to take them out, I would say it's def a DIY mod... No reason to pay out the ass if you can get them off without breaking the clips. I didn't break any.

I say try to take them off gently, and if you get them off with no problems then paint'em up!! And if you snap a clip off, fuck it, at least you tried.. Then call Mark at SU..
 Old 12-18-2009, 12:36 AM   #23

wakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the world
Groans: 14
Not Ranked  0 score     

I cant see how poeple pay $100+ for emblems! I did mine by myself and turned out great! They look good though!
09 CWP Speed3 GT- CP-e Nano, Speedie6 TIP, CP-e Catless Downpipe, ED FMIC w/ GodSpeed core, Devils Own Stage 2 Meth Injection Kit, KMD v2 fuel pump internals, HKS BPV, SU full motor mounts & shifter bushings, Cobb Springs, 1 res delete in cbe, HID Fogs, AutoMeter Cobalt boost gauge, Michi OCC, Denso 1 step colder plugs, MSD DH, COBB AccessPort V105 Stage 2+sf 93 fmic

[Today 11:50 PM] aaronc7: i just measured mine, a little over 12
wakeboarddude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wakeboarddude For This Useful Post:
RayRayBauder (01-22-2010)
 Old 12-18-2009, 01:20 AM   #24

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by wakeboarddude View Post
I cant see how poeple pay $100+ for emblems! I did mine by myself and turned out great! They look good though!
Thanks... Agreed... Looking back on it I should have done it myself. But I already ordered them. Maybe I'll paint mine up and sell'em cheap.
 Old 12-18-2009, 08:58 AM   #25

Daddy has much to be proud ofDaddy has much to be proud ofDaddy has much to be proud ofDaddy has much to be proud ofDaddy has much to be proud ofDaddy has much to be proud ofDaddy has much to be proud ofDaddy has much to be proud of
Groaned at 5 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Those dogs are AWESOME!!!!!!!!

6k HID's - Cobb SRI - BC Racing Coilovers - UR CB - J-Spec Tail Lights
Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-18-2009, 09:00 AM   #26

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks Daddy.

There are Alaskian Klee Kai's (mini huskey's). The wife and I rescured them about 3 years ago.

|2010 VRM Speed3|
 Old 12-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #27

Havenmess will become famous soon enoughHavenmess will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks very nice, I like the CX-7 nest to it too
Havenmess is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Havenmess View Post
Looks very nice, I like the CX-7 nest to it too
Thanks. That's my wife's. She also has a 2000 Miat (turbo'd) and I my a 2007 Miata with the retractable hard top.

Complete Mazda family here

|2010 VRM Speed3|
 Old 12-31-2009, 02:08 PM   #29

Thecasuls will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

MKTMS3, where did you get the black out lenses for the back from? I was thinking about getting black shrink wrap and using a heat gun but i didnt want it to look ghetto.

Wakeboarderdude,

How did u pop your emblems off? I dont want tp scratch the car up. I have the celestial blue.

5% Tint
Blacked out Headlights/Taillights
Corksport sri + Turbo inlet
Corksport Test pipe
Custom handmade 3" exhaust no cat, no res

Last edited by Thecasuls; 12-31-2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Thecasuls is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-31-2009, 03:48 PM   #30

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Thecasuls View Post
MKTMS3, where did you get the black out lenses for the back from? I was thinking about getting black shrink wrap and using a heat gun but i didnt want it to look ghetto.
I used VHT Nite-Shades. Its a spray can tint made for lights. Works pretty good, just make sure you go over everything evenly and not to many times.
 Old 01-08-2010, 04:35 PM   #31

chasechaseum06 has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 15 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

nice
chasechaseum06 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to chasechaseum06 For This Un-useful Post:
 Old 01-12-2010, 12:31 PM   #32

SnoXRacer183 has a reputation beyond reputeSnoXRacer183 has a reputation beyond reputeSnoXRacer183 has a reputation beyond reputeSnoXRacer183 has a reputation beyond reputeSnoXRacer183 has a reputation beyond reputeSnoXRacer183 has a reputation beyond reputeSnoXRacer183 has a reputation beyond reputeSnoXRacer183 has a reputation beyond reputeSnoXRacer183 has a reputation beyond reputeSnoXRacer183 has a reputation beyond reputeSnoXRacer183 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Would anyone be able to get pictures of where the clips are located? I work in a body shop now so one day I'm going to throw them in the paint both when they are doing a dark graphite colored car.

I just don't want to break anything off. I've never taken emblems off before...
 Old 01-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #33
Dre

Dre is the leader of the worldDre is the leader of the worldDre is the leader of the worldDre is the leader of the worldDre is the leader of the worldDre is the leader of the worldDre is the leader of the worldDre is the leader of the worldDre is the leader of the worldDre is the leader of the worldDre is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,031 Times in 480 Posts
Groans: 49
Groaned at 16 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MKTMS3 View Post

Is it just me or does this remind you of Dark Helmet from Space Balls???
 Old 01-13-2010, 08:22 PM   #34

beachshoer has disabled reputation
Thanked 1,570 Times in 813 Posts
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thats funny as hell! but i'm still plannin on doin the same thing to mine. Not sure if the local pd would appreciate the tinted rear lights. They can get a bit pissy sometimes.
H&R Springs CS RSB CXRacing FMIC AT Internals DIY PnP IM w/ VTCS delete. CS OCC Stratified 3port EBCS HTP Batt Tray Bosch 3bar MAP SS brake lines
Works emotions cr-kai 18x7.5 ventus v12s for the street
TRM C3s 17x9 Hankook RS3s for track days

STRATIFIED TUNED

Other Mazdas in my stable
2010 VR MS3 Wifes Ride
ETS TMIC JBR RSB JBR SSP JBR knob AT internals
1999 Miata
gtx2867 1.9L VVT built like a brick shithouse
2001 Miata LS
RB FSB Hawk HP+ pads Dunlop ZII
beachshoer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-13-2010, 10:16 PM   #35

Not Ranked  0 score     

Not sure where your from, but in TX it's legal as long as you can see them from a certain distance. Mine are far from being to dark. Plus the third brake light is untinted and bright as hell!!
 Old 01-13-2010, 10:56 PM   #36

gudzspeed3 will become famous soon enoughgudzspeed3 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MKTMS3 View Post
I ordered mine from Street Unit awhile back in gloss black. Fast shipping and reliable!!

Redblur - that sucks about krypto!! Let us know how that turns out.

I don't have any picks of the front but here's a pic from the rear.

DAMN THAT 2010 is so sick! i like the completely blacked out look.. good job man!

And really clean looking 2010 redblur.. digging the emblems!
Aftermarket LED Tail lights
Eyelids

Waiting to be installed:
Smoked LED Reflectors
gudzspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #37

beachshoer has disabled reputation
Thanked 1,570 Times in 813 Posts
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How many coats of nite shade did you use mktms3? Would you go darker or lighter? Any tips on application would be much appreciated.
H&R Springs CS RSB CXRacing FMIC AT Internals DIY PnP IM w/ VTCS delete. CS OCC Stratified 3port EBCS HTP Batt Tray Bosch 3bar MAP SS brake lines
Works emotions cr-kai 18x7.5 ventus v12s for the street
TRM C3s 17x9 Hankook RS3s for track days

STRATIFIED TUNED

Other Mazdas in my stable
2010 VR MS3 Wifes Ride
ETS TMIC JBR RSB JBR SSP JBR knob AT internals
1999 Miata
gtx2867 1.9L VVT built like a brick shithouse
2001 Miata LS
RB FSB Hawk HP+ pads Dunlop ZII
beachshoer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #38

Not Ranked  0 score     

If I remeber, it was about 4 coats. But Make sure you spray from a different direction each time (crosshatch pattern). I wouldn't change it at all. But that's my taste.

Thanks for the props guys.

Sorry for the thread Jack redblur.
 Old 01-15-2010, 06:23 AM   #39

Thecasuls will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I used 3 coats on both my headlights and taillights however I had to take ot off of the headlights bc I could barely see at night so I would say to go lighter on the front.

5% Tint
Blacked out Headlights/Taillights
Corksport sri + Turbo inlet
Corksport Test pipe
Custom handmade 3" exhaust no cat, no res
Thecasuls is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-16-2010, 03:51 PM   #40

harrae will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

god dam that black one topped it off, nice car dude