register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Appearance > Exterior

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
View Poll Results: What color for "Mazdaspeed" lettering on center caps?
Black 3 25.00%
Red 4 33.33%
Blue 1 8.33%
Leave them as is! 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rodrigo
  • 1 Post By rodrigo

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
GNO

GNO is a jewel in the roughGNO is a jewel in the roughGNO is a jewel in the roughGNO is a jewel in the rough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 10 Times in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Color of "Mazdaspeed" lettering on wheel center caps?

I have a Liquid Silver 2010 MS3 and just had my Mazdaspeed wheels powdercoated. The wheels almost match the smile of the front grill. Before putting on the wheels, I am going to paint my calipers red (too add a little rice). I am seeking input on coloring in the "Mazdaspeed" lettering on the center caps. I'm leaning towards black. However, I'm considering red to match the calipers. I'm also considering blue, as a Mazda Racing tribute. Then there's the option of just leaving them as is. Thoughts and opinion welcome.

The wheels are a little dusty, but I wanted something up for reference.

More pics to come.
GNO is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
Fuck sushi rolls

rodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the world
Thanked 24,879 Times in 7,893 Posts
Groans: 356
Groaned at 509 Times in 380 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

well....u need to show a more complete picture of the car, wheel, caliper in the same shit so we can visualize it more properly.

but i ll give u my thoughts, and while i may not look the part, i am fucken super gay like when it comes to coordination of things and such...a real treat.

so.....

silver genpoo, black wheels...and red calipers.

a)1st off the center cap will remain silver??? bad idea....your shit will look like a checkers board.
b) say u do leave it silver color, then black will minimize the circus effect of it all.
c) lets say you come correct and paint the center caps black also.... u then can leave them be as one option
d) or you can then paint the lettering silver and the body of the cap remains black (this is your best option) ..... remember what the theme is.... u cannot have the body be silver ....the wheels be black and invert the process on the center cap...the cap HAS to follow the rules u set forth on your car.
e)paint the cap black and the lettering red.....yeah, it can work...u should photoshop this shit to see for yourself.
f) do not use blue....unless you are going for the fucken superman look, once u introduce blue + red calipers + black wheels + silver car you might as well paint a rainbow on the hood.
g)paint the calipers blue and lettering to match on the BLACK caps

cliffnotes.

1st choice is black center caps with silver lettering
2nd choice is black center caps with red lettering

yeah...im that good.
OneBAMFpog likes this.

2007 Ms3 3071r fully bolted , retired and sold after 110k miles of abuse

2014 Black Track Pack premium , NA 4lyfe ...AED dyno tuned on E85 466.6whp / 406.8 TQ SAE

rodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rodrigo For This Useful Post:
OneBAMFpog (03-14-2011)
 Old 03-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
GNO

GNO is a jewel in the roughGNO is a jewel in the roughGNO is a jewel in the roughGNO is a jewel in the rough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 10 Times in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The center cap was powdercoated with the wheels, the same color. The color is named "black chrome", but it's really just a dark silver. The brightness changes with the angle. Straight on, they look real light colored. At an angle they looker darker.
GNO is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
Fuck sushi rolls

rodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the world
Thanked 24,879 Times in 7,893 Posts
Groans: 356
Groaned at 509 Times in 380 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

well fuck man, then i just wasted 2 min giving u some advice that doesnt apply lol

i swear they looked black and the center cap silver. hmmmmm new strategy......

shit i need a better side shot of the car now
OneBAMFpog likes this.

2007 Ms3 3071r fully bolted , retired and sold after 110k miles of abuse

2014 Black Track Pack premium , NA 4lyfe ...AED dyno tuned on E85 466.6whp / 406.8 TQ SAE

rodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #5

Spoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,160 Times in 516 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 17 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Red calipers are for srt4's. Paint them black.. look much better only stand out for those looking hard enough..

I need to take some pictures of mine.. but I've got gunmetal wheels also, painted my calipers black looks great.

I agree with lenny, paint the caps black and go with either silver or black mazdaspeed logo..

My idiot next door neighbor has a stock red MS6, and he painted his stock wheels caps red.. It looks fucking retarded driving down the road. clown nose.

Originally Posted by GNO View Post
The center cap was powdercoated with the wheels, the same color. The color is named "black chrome", but it's really just a dark silver. The brightness changes with the angle. Straight on, they look real light colored. At an angle they looker darker.
Well in that case.. leave them be.. that paint must really fucking change with different angles. that shit looks silver.

Last edited by Spoofmastafly; 03-12-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Spoofmastafly is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #6

DONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,191 Times in 994 Posts
Groans: 266
Groaned at 83 Times in 60 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I choose blue cause I like to see fail on other peoples cars, paint your calipers blue too.
Blk 2010 MS3\\ Cobb AP Perm Tuned\ Autotech hpfp internals\ COBB intake \ Cobb Turbo Inlet \ Forge Bpv \ Cp-e DP \ Actual 3inch Magnaflow Exhaust \ Cp-e RMM \ JBR PMM \ ETS 3.5" TMIC \ Denso Iridium Power ITV22 \ JBR SSP and Bushings \ TWM Flat Black Piston Shift Knob\ Menzari Inferno Blk Wheels\ Eibach Pro-Kit Springs\ Koni Yellows \ Custom Painted Tanabe Strut Tower \ Red Corksport Boost Tubes and Bypass Valve Hose\ Black Badges \ DDM 5K HID, Fogs 3K yellow \ Shark Fin \\Audio \ Pioneer DD Touch Screen x920BT4 \ Alpine Type R 6.5" Components and 5x10 Speakers Powered by a 4 Channel 1600 Watt Avionxx Digital Amp \ 10" JLW3 Sub Powered by a 1 Channel 1000 watt Avionxx Digital Amp \ Prosport Prem. Boost and Oil Pressure Gauges \ Blockhead Dual Gauge Pod \\ Im thinking meth next.
DONOTBUGME is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #7

WRX_Fan_0717 is the leader of the worldWRX_Fan_0717 is the leader of the worldWRX_Fan_0717 is the leader of the worldWRX_Fan_0717 is the leader of the worldWRX_Fan_0717 is the leader of the worldWRX_Fan_0717 is the leader of the worldWRX_Fan_0717 is the leader of the worldWRX_Fan_0717 is the leader of the worldWRX_Fan_0717 is the leader of the worldWRX_Fan_0717 is the leader of the worldWRX_Fan_0717 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 13 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

My .02 cents are keep it clean.

Wheels same color as cap...MAZDASPEED in red; Muteki small acorn red open-end lug nuts; paint the calipers a blant silver.
Daily Driver: 2010 Black Mica MS3, Cobb SRI, Cobb AP, AWR RMM, Autotech Internals, 5k DDM HIDs, JBarone SSP and Weighted Knob, Ultimate Racing Exhaust, Street-Unit Test-Pipe, eBay Cat-less DP, 17x9 MB Battles--Neo-Chrome lugs, and some BC Extreme Drop Coilovers.
Dig Monster: Fully built-High Comp 2.56 WRX/STi brid, BC 280s cams w/ ported & built +1/+2 heads, Precision Billet Dual-BB-CEA 6266 turbo, STi 6spd, and lots of anti-lag.
Drift Missile: S13 240sx, 95' KA24DE swap, slammed, welded diff....slidetastic.
Bike: Kawi-636 Ninja lowered and stretched with a "few" bolts-ons
Tow Whore: F250 SuperDuty 6-speed 7.3 International Powerstroke Turbo Diesel
WRX_Fan_0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #8
Big Titty Sucker

BLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,213 Times in 486 Posts
Groans: 139
Groaned at 20 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Leave them plain.
BLK_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-14-2011, 05:48 AM   #9

Teal is the leader of the worldTeal is the leader of the worldTeal is the leader of the worldTeal is the leader of the worldTeal is the leader of the worldTeal is the leader of the worldTeal is the leader of the worldTeal is the leader of the worldTeal is the leader of the worldTeal is the leader of the worldTeal is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

any color but a color

-2010 Mazdaspeed 3 - DD
CorkSport Intake/TIH - CobbAP - JBR RSB + Brackets, Endlinks - Weinerdog Co-Driver
-Acura Integra Track Whore
Mods: Driver Mod, Teal

-SCCA F-Production Triumph Spitfire #46 - Race Kah
Teal is offline   Reply With Quote