register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Appearance > Exterior

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree3Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #41

Yeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Would be good too see a photo of them on? Are they the same bulb as the w5w I've noted above, or is it more like actual LEDs in the Nargare pattern. I know you've mentioned the Nagare IS the DRL, but I have that pattern too!

GENII 2009 VR MPS LUX
Best Mufflers DP | 200 Cell CAT by 2XS | 3" Custom OPEN System with MAGNAFLOW Muffler & 4" tips | Speedy Lite Fin 18" Alloys with Sumitomo HTR ZIII
CORKSPORT SRI-TIP-Airbox | DGR Coilovers
OPTICOAT by ZAS | 2XS LED Fogs | 68 SMD LED (in the post) Parkers | Rear LED Reflectors | EYELIDS by MPS | Visual Garage Shark Fin Antenna
Hollandia 700 Sunroof
Yeldarb is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #42
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Thanked 26,388 Times in 7,871 Posts
Groans: 793
Groaned at 496 Times in 321 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't have a pu. Someone else will have to fill in. So, at what point do your nagare's come on? When you switch your dash lights on?

Inb4 85% silicone core. It's better than aluminum.
What's you buddy's ex wife trap?
I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #43

Yeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

For our cars, it's the Parker light. Not sure if you call it the same thing over there.

That's the bulb (Ive changed it again), I've unplugged it to show it's location in the back of the headlight.

While I'm there, thought I show of the Philips Silver, turn signal bulbs.

GENII 2009 VR MPS LUX
Best Mufflers DP | 200 Cell CAT by 2XS | 3" Custom OPEN System with MAGNAFLOW Muffler & 4" tips | Speedy Lite Fin 18" Alloys with Sumitomo HTR ZIII
OPTICOAT by ZAS | 2XS LED Fogs | 68 SMD LED (in the post) Parkers | Rear LED Reflectors | EYELIDS by MPS | Visual Garage Shark Fin Antenna
Hollandia 700 Sunroof
 Old 06-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #44
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, parking lights is a term we use.

I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
 Old 06-05-2011, 07:30 AM   #45

jscape83 is a jewel in the roughjscape83 is a jewel in the roughjscape83 is a jewel in the rough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Corksport - DRL

CORKSPORT LED DRL Kit
jscape83 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-05-2011, 08:40 AM   #46
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

What I wish is that my drls didn't turn off when my headlights are on. More lights the better.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
 Old 06-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #47

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jscape83 View Post
Corksport - DRL

CORKSPORT LED DRL Kit
I have these already, just the non-branded version. CS are ok, but the mine are 68 LED, much brighter.

GENII 2009 VR MPS LUX
Hollandia 700 Sunroof
 Old 06-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #48

jscape83 is a jewel in the roughjscape83 is a jewel in the roughjscape83 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
What I wish is that my drls didn't turn off when my headlights are on. More lights the better.
I'll second that!

Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
I have these already, just the non-branded version. CS are ok, but the mine are 68 LED, much brighter.
Does that mean you have had the CS bulbs? If so, that sucks. I bought ebay led's for the interior of my car from a seller I have always bought from and felt they weren't that bright. It seems like everyone raves about their CS interior bulbs, I was hoping to hear something more positve about the DRL's and place an order for both.

Love your wheels btw!
jscape83 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-28-2011, 01:47 AM   #49

Not Ranked  0 score     

So I've been searching for for thes bulb type for the Canadian DRL. Seriously, can't an owner open up the fcking manual and just tell us...???

Anyway on another forum i dare not mention, someone wrote that it's a H8 bulb like below...

That would make a serious DRL if that wwas true, not the shitty parker W5W T10 bulbs that are fitted to Aus/US cars.

So I took the W5W (T10) fitting out of the headlight below...

and noticed that the parker buld is mounted on this grey body (labeled 1). Could it be that you could remove the grey body from the black base (label -2) and fit a H8 bulb??

At the base of the grey body looks like it could be a larger bulb fitting... Just need to find a H8 bulb to try...

GENII 2009 VR MPS LUX
Hollandia 700 Sunroof
 Old 07-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #50

Not Ranked  0 score     

Seemingly no one else spotted this, so check out this pic...

Inside that red box, the top word is "Canada H8", underneath, "Other W5W".

So there you go. Mystery solved. I'm off to buy H8 35w 6000k HID bulbs and my Nagare wedges are going to glow like a MF!

GENII 2009 VR MPS LUX
Hollandia 700 Sunroof
 Old 07-30-2011, 07:30 PM   #51

mtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

So the tabs that the bulb holder locks into, is the same as an H8 bulb? If so, that saves me some money.. I have a ton of H8 bulbs laying around work that I can use if it ever burns out.
 Old 07-30-2011, 11:41 PM   #52

Scoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 11 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

In the owners manual the answer you seek lol H8 bulbs DRL, H11 in the fogs.

I haven't found a LED H8 yet but Piaa makes a Ion yellow H8 and H11. That will be my bulbs when I have a few bucks to waste. Bulbs won't make me faster so AP, SRI/TIP.....you get the picture.

New

2012 Mazda2 GS Aluminum Metallic Mica, Corksport rear torsion bar, Corksport H11 Led fog bulbs, Piaa H4 x-treme white bulbs, AWR rmm 70duro....more to come

Wife's car
2011 Mazda2 True Red GS (Touring in the US), wifes car, no mods so far but she want a Corksport CBE, Corksport SRI and a drop in the futur. <-----

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-31-2011, 06:38 AM   #53

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by vonG View Post
thanks, but you didn't read the post.

I have CANADIAN DRL (daytime running lights)
the headlights are HID, but the DRL's are halogen and suck.

so what bulbs are the DRL?

the sylvania bulb guide leads me to think they are 9006.
can someone confirm for sure?

just to be crystal clear, the Canadian cars have DRL's in the headlights, they are not DRL Fogs.
Mate, you suck for not opening your manual. Luckily you live at home and your parents wipe your arse. .

Anyway, I'm glad we've helped you work out your problem. Let us know how go...

GENII 2009 VR MPS LUX
Hollandia 700 Sunroof
 Old 07-31-2011, 06:57 PM   #54

Scoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 11 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's the first thing I looked into when I got the car, I hate the standard bulb in the DRL. For 2010 all Canadian MS3's came with the tech package with HID's and LED tail lamps.

The manual is your friend, grab a highlighter and mark all the important info. Oil capacity, oil type, bulbs, jacking point..... anything that may be usefull in the futur.

New

2012 Mazda2 GS Aluminum Metallic Mica, Corksport rear torsion bar, Corksport H11 Led fog bulbs, Piaa H4 x-treme white bulbs, AWR rmm 70duro....more to come

Wife's car
2011 Mazda2 True Red GS (Touring in the US), wifes car, no mods so far but she want a Corksport CBE, Corksport SRI and a drop in the futur. <-----

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #55

ttchanusa will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Has anyone try to install a H8 bulb by removing the grey adapter for us who don't have DRL? Does it work with a standard H8 bulb?
ttchanusa is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-15-2011, 11:40 PM   #56

Paul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 20 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im looking for a Orange LED DRL to match the ones in the 2011 MS3. ( the ones on the ends of the headlight tips)

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit. Ideas on how to achieve a different color other than the bright blue on the 68s that will say intact with driving etc.

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/D...33643-1-2.html

^^^ These should work for FOGs/ Replace the Orange.Amber DRLs in the outside edges of the headlights?
|| AT Internals || COBB APV3 || CNT DP || Koni Yellows || H&R Springs ||
|| JBR Shift Knob || JBR Stage 2 SSP || JBR SSBushings ||
|| JBR 88 RMM || JBR 80 TMM || JBR 80 PMM || JBR RSB || JBR RCAs || JBR EGR Block/Delete - OCC - Small Battery box ||
\\|// AJ 91 & E85/91 Mix Tunes by A.J \\|//
|| Window Tints, Lamine-x Headlights/Fogs, Tinted Tails, JDM Rain Guards ||

Last edited by Paul; 09-16-2011 at 01:15 AM. Reason: added to question
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #57

dr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the world
Groaned at 22 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Im looking for a Orange LED DRL to match the ones in the 2011 MS3. ( the ones on the ends of the headlight tips)

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit. Ideas on how to achieve a different color other than the bright blue on the 68s that will say intact with driving etc.

2 V-LEDS AMBER 68 M-SMT DRL/FOG BULBS HB4 9006

^^^ These should work for FOGs/ Replace the Orange.Amber DRLs in the outside edges of the headlights?
for the fog light it migh work but for the orange amber edges one i dont think since that one is double contact since it also for turn sings

Car: Mazdaspeed3 2010 VRM- BNR S3 Turbo*FreekTuned*363HP 360TQ-DDM 6000k ,tinted 5%,K&N short ram - COBB AP V3 - COBB XLE bpv - JBR SSP stage 2 - JBR billet 80 RMM - JBR heavy shift knob - cp-e fuel pump - COBB inlet -COBB downpipe - COBB CBE - ETS TMIC black- FALKEN AZENIS tires - NGK LTR7IX-11 plugs - Corksports led kit - Corksport fog led kit.-Aeroforce gauges dual with blockhead dual gauge pod- CS boost tube -KNIGHTSPORTS REAR BUMPER - GS EBCS - 3 Bar Map - mgp brake calipers- corksport rear bumper lights - TWM short shifter - JBR TB/IM TI - EGR block - Njspeed pnp IM - K&W V3 coilover - Rear Carbon Fiber Spoiler - corksport hood scoop - WORK wheels 18 x 9.5 + 38 rear and 18 x 8 +38 front

ptp studs/seals pending

mazda 323 2002 hiboost turbo 1.6L-Automatic- Wife's car
dr_banano is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #58

dhsieh911018 is the leader of the worlddhsieh911018 is the leader of the worlddhsieh911018 is the leader of the worlddhsieh911018 is the leader of the worlddhsieh911018 is the leader of the worlddhsieh911018 is the leader of the worlddhsieh911018 is the leader of the worlddhsieh911018 is the leader of the worlddhsieh911018 is the leader of the worlddhsieh911018 is the leader of the worlddhsieh911018 is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 55 Times in 35 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

guys i know this might sound silly 'cause im new to mods... ive managed to find the place for the nagare light(US 2011 mazdaspeed 3 with tech pkg). How do u get the bulb out of the grey housing? Do you rip the grey body off or do u just get the bulb out of the grey thing?
dhsieh911018 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-08-2011, 07:20 AM   #59

Not Ranked  0 score     

Just pull the bulb out of the grey housing...

Then you can install something like this...

looks like this...

GENII 2009 VR MPS LUX
Hollandia 700 Sunroof
 Old 10-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #60

Jhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the world
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
headlights are H11. Fogs are also H11 and high beams are 9005. Go HID in your headlights. I got 55W 6000K and they are plenty bright..plenty! I got the H11 LED fog lights from Corksport and they match my headlights very very very close and they are bright as shit.
i installed my led drl's from corksport today it took 1o minutes. so easy especially when you have an oil pit to stand in. anyways, i want to ask if anyone has removed that stupid plastic piece that is in the light housing. it seriously drains light output and itst ugly. anyone got any advice on getting it out.
Jhornbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2011, 05:17 AM   #61

2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So anyone else have problems with only one LED coming on when they ate both in? I know it's not the bulbs or the connectors because if I swap them around and only test one at a time they work. I purchased ones that had been linked in a previous post so I figured they would work. Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321877826.873570.jpg (1.60 MB, 65 views)
2010_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #62

Jhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the worldJhornbrook is the leader of the world
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

has anyone pulled the stupid fucking fog light cap things out of a 2010 speed3. i have the led's but thecaps made it look retarded. so i got one side out but it took me 45 minutes of fucking with it to pull the caps out. they are metal and dont fit through the hole the lights go into. i just broke it off and bent it till it fit. there has to be an easier way to do this. let me know because im a bout to tear into the other half after dinner.the side thats done looks sick though.
Jhornbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #63

2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world2010_MS3 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jhornbrook View Post
has anyone pulled the stupid fucking fog light cap things out of a 2010 speed3. i have the led's but thecaps made it look retarded. so i got one side out but it took me 45 minutes of fucking with it to pull the caps out. they are metal and dont fit through the hole the lights go into. i just broke it off and bent it till it fit. there has to be an easier way to do this. let me know because im a bout to tear into the other half after dinner.the side thats done looks sick though.
Pics?
2010_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-30-2011, 06:02 AM   #64

Not Ranked  0 score     

Caps? I've bought a few sets of these things. One set didn't fit, it had a huge heatsink end, like you call it a cap. Is that what you mean? You shouldn't need to bend anything. Changing the fogs only takes a few minutes.

GENII 2009 VR MPS LUX
Hollandia 700 Sunroof
 Old 11-30-2011, 06:14 AM   #65

Macedawg is the leader of the worldMacedawg is the leader of the worldMacedawg is the leader of the worldMacedawg is the leader of the worldMacedawg is the leader of the worldMacedawg is the leader of the worldMacedawg is the leader of the worldMacedawg is the leader of the worldMacedawg is the leader of the worldMacedawg is the leader of the worldMacedawg is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,218 Times in 519 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
Caps? I've bought a few sets of these things. One set didn't fit, it had a huge heatsink end, like you call it a cap. Is that what you mean? You shouldn't need to bend anything. Changing the fogs only takes a few minutes.
i think he means the glare cap/shield inside the foglight housing..i assume most people would have to remove it when installing the longer LED's or HID's in them so they would fit
Macedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-01-2011, 12:46 AM   #66

Not Ranked  0 score     

Does he mean the glare cap on the bulb? There aren't flare caps in the fog light housing in Oz.

GENII 2009 VR MPS LUX
Hollandia 700 Sunroof
 Old 07-13-2012, 03:48 AM   #67

Not Ranked  0 score     

Haven't posted in here for a while. Recently installed these Chinese copy's while bored one weekend.

GENII 2009 VR MPS LUX
Hollandia 700 Sunroof

Last edited by Yeldarb; 07-13-2012 at 06:29 AM.
 Old 10-12-2015, 05:26 AM   #68

g.ciotta21 is a jewel in the roughg.ciotta21 is a jewel in the roughg.ciotta21 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

This might be a dumb question but...... Is it possible to put the tech pckg headlights in a base model speed? I love the look and want DRL's
g.ciotta21 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-13-2020, 08:04 PM   #69

madman55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am in the middle of trying to install tech package HIDS on a non tech ms3. Will report back if successful.
madman55 is offline   Reply With Quote