register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Appearance > Exterior

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree14Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #81

GUNNYCANUCK has much to be proud ofGUNNYCANUCK has much to be proud ofGUNNYCANUCK has much to be proud ofGUNNYCANUCK has much to be proud ofGUNNYCANUCK has much to be proud ofGUNNYCANUCK has much to be proud ofGUNNYCANUCK has much to be proud ofGUNNYCANUCK has much to be proud ofGUNNYCANUCK has much to be proud ofGUNNYCANUCK has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by AxelaRacer View Post
Hey i was actually wanting to know if anyone knew where i could find this grill for my speed 3. Mazda 3 Accessories & Parts - CARiD.com they said that they dont have it. I would love it. Let me know what you find.
I think it's photo shopped sadly; I have been searching the internets far and wide but with no luck.
GUNNYCANUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-25-2014, 11:29 AM   #82

RedMS3 will become famous soon enoughRedMS3 will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bump any updates
RedMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-27-2014, 04:14 PM   #83

hsraffety has much to be proud ofhsraffety has much to be proud ofhsraffety has much to be proud ofhsraffety has much to be proud ofhsraffety has much to be proud ofhsraffety has much to be proud ofhsraffety has much to be proud ofhsraffety has much to be proud ofhsraffety has much to be proud ofhsraffety has much to be proud of
Groans: 4
Groaned at 11 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What's the Nextmod website?
 Old 04-07-2015, 11:11 AM   #84

mazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bringing this back from the dead.

I got tired of the holes is my front bumper grill, so I picked up a new one from Partsgeek and had it painted Black Mica.

10 2010 Mazda 3 Bumper Grille - Body Mechanical & Trim - Action Crash, Front - PartsGeek

It took about 7 business days, from the time I ordered it, for it to reach me in California. It's comes unpainted and is a matte grey in color. There was a lot of plastic flash from the molding that I had to trim from the edges. I took an Exacto knife to it and it made me feel like a kid working on a giant model piece. The fitment was good and looks OEM once painted. It doesn't come with the tow hook cover, so you'll have to use yours or source a new one. Here are pics. Enjoy!

mazdaspeedmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mazdaspeedmyk For This Useful Post:
FrozenFloridian (05-15-2015), suparobg (05-01-2015)
 Old 05-01-2015, 06:07 PM   #85

suparobg has a reputation beyond reputesuparobg has a reputation beyond reputesuparobg has a reputation beyond reputesuparobg has a reputation beyond reputesuparobg has a reputation beyond reputesuparobg has a reputation beyond reputesuparobg has a reputation beyond reputesuparobg has a reputation beyond reputesuparobg has a reputation beyond reputesuparobg has a reputation beyond reputesuparobg has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 31 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

looks really good
JBR TRU 3" aluminum intake// Autotech Internals// COBB AP// ETS TMIC // UR downpipe//UR Test pipe// NGK One step colder plugs//JBR Double Adjustable Short Shifter with solid bushings // COBB RMM//JBR PSMM//Corksport Transmission Mount Insert// coolant bypass // JBR TB and intake manifold gasket// EGR block off JBR // Cooling Mist Stage 2 methanol system// //UR CBE straight pipe// Custom tune by Mike at Stratified both 91 and 94 octane + 91 with meth

CS carbon fibre hood scoop and carbon fibre rear spoiler.//CS ECU relocation battery box// CS hood struts//
suparobg is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-02-2015, 08:08 AM   #86

CiviCity is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

How much was it to paint it?
CiviCity is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-02-2015, 08:28 AM   #87

mazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedmyk is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by CiviCity View Post
How much was it to paint it?

I paid $450 to get the grill, my lip kit, lower rear bumper, fog lights, and hood scoop painted. It was 17 pieces total.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:32 PM   #88
Banned

coasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond reputecoasttime has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 19 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Zbrit00x View Post
Imo it would look kinda weird still.. Then again imagine this with a fmic with a grille in front ..

Oh and also I got this gv replica Made from fiberglass. Fitment is slightly off and it has no mounting points.. So I took an eBay stock grille I had already cut up and slotted it in. I found there are clearance issues with the stock crash bar rubbing on the new grille so I didn't fix it in or mount it yet. When my ur crash bar and fmic goes in on Friday, I should have more space for adjustments.

Also thinking about covering over those 2 triangular pieces on the sides to possibly reduce the smile.
I've been toying around with the grille for a while now with @JTMS3 help/guidance and I would not be where I'm at now without his help.. So thanks btw!

How Much did you pay for the grill?
coasttime is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-10-2015, 09:34 PM   #89

Orangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the worldOrangatang is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Reminds me of the ford focus ST grills except smiling and not looking like and angry car fish.
JBR SSB, CX piping with TR6, DM OCC

Dizzy Tuned

" I just don't need a stage 6, 16 puck, teflon diamond plated clutch that can snap a femur downshifting." -Raider
Orangatang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orangatang For This Useful Post:
Tqless (09-17-2015)
 Old 11-22-2015, 09:47 PM   #90

jeffdevo has a reputation beyond reputejeffdevo has a reputation beyond reputejeffdevo has a reputation beyond reputejeffdevo has a reputation beyond reputejeffdevo has a reputation beyond reputejeffdevo has a reputation beyond reputejeffdevo has a reputation beyond reputejeffdevo has a reputation beyond reputejeffdevo has a reputation beyond reputejeffdevo has a reputation beyond reputejeffdevo has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

my smile removal

ms2 silver.jpg
-Low Beam/ Fog HIDS - Lamin-X Yellow Tint on Fog Lights - TSW Mallory Wheels - Thule Bike Rack with 598 Criterium Bike Mount - GX-65 with Blendmount - Corksport RMM - Corksport Mudflaps - Corksport SRI - Corksport Rear Sway Bar - GX-65 radar laser detector - TRS Angel Eyes - Rear bumper LED Light - H&R Springs - Koni Yellow Struts - JBR Camber Arms - AP v2 -Autotech internals - Tork Motorsports Tuned - Halos - Strips - D2 Xenon Lights - SST brake lines - Stoptech Sport brake and rotors w/ sst Brake lines
[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by MS3Shadow; 11-23-2015 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Merge posts
jeffdevo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-25-2015, 01:32 PM   #91

Helrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the worldHelrich is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jeffdevo View Post
my smile removal

Attachment 216936

First thing I thought of.
Defau1t likes this.
 Old 06-07-2016, 08:35 AM   #92

nybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

@mazdaspeedmyk;
Would the partsgeek one look decent just unpainted in the matte gray it comes, or is there too much plastic flash that after trimming it needs paint? Just debating if i should shell out the extra for the onlinemazdaparts one. I want to avoid getting it painted.
 Old 06-07-2016, 11:12 AM   #93

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by nybe0010 View Post
@mazdaspeedmyk;
Would the partsgeek one look decent just unpainted in the matte gray it comes, or is there too much plastic flash that after trimming it needs paint? Just debating if i should shell out the extra for the onlinemazdaparts one. I want to avoid getting it painted.

It's fine, but you'll know its unpainted. I think it can be painted with a rattle can, since the surface area is small. The plastic flash was in the back of the insert and not seen.

The Following User Says Thank You to mazdaspeedmyk For This Useful Post:
nybe0010 (06-07-2016)
 Old 06-07-2016, 07:15 PM   #94

nybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the worldnybe0010 is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mazdaspeedmyk View Post
It's fine, but you'll know its unpainted. I think it can be painted with a rattle can, since the surface area is small. The plastic flash was in the back of the insert and not seen.
I rattle canned mine originally because I was able to find mazda's black mica in a can. It looked great right away, but didn't stand the test of time, as the clear coat eventually started to flake off. I feel like it would need to be done professionally to last a MN winter.

Your pic with it unpainted didn't look bad, and since my car is black I will probably give it a shot. Looked better than the oem silvery finish imho. Thank you for your prompt reply!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nybe0010 For This Useful Post:
Adam99l (09-11-2016), mazdaspeedmyk (06-07-2016)
 Old 02-03-2017, 06:44 PM   #95

PadreDave will become famous soon enoughPadreDave will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 7 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jeffdevo View Post
my smile removal

Attachment 216936

I did the same thing to my Celestial Blue with a new paint job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jeffdevo likes this.
PadreDave is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f587/oem-grill-smile-part-replacement-98065/
Posted By For Type Date
Vinceb73 New Ride + modif :) - Page 21 - Mazda 3 Quebec This thread Refback 10-06-2014 11:28 AM
How to remove grill mazdaspeed 3 - 1Q5A This thread Refback 08-19-2014 12:26 PM
2012 mazda 3 grill mod This thread Refback 08-07-2014 08:20 AM
2010 mazdaspeed 3 grill insert This thread Refback 07-16-2014 09:34 PM
Frontgrill This thread Refback 01-29-2013 11:10 AM