register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Approved Vendors >
Mazda Performance Parts & Modifications Vendor Area
> Sonic Tuning

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree8Likes
Closed Thread

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-31-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
Approved MSF Vendor

sonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Exclamation GB V3: Sonic Tuning Coilovers!!!

Third group buy for the MazdaSpeeds!!!

This time we are going to skip the minimum requirement and just offer you guys the same great prices right from the beginning!!!!

[/COLOR][/B]

Features:
• Full length adjustment system on lower mount
• Separate ride hight and pre-load adjustments
• 6061 T6 Aluminum alloy construction: lower mount, top mount, spring seat and locks
• 12 level adjustable damper - adjustable dampers allow fine-tuning of the suspension stiffness to best suit the driving condition.
• SCM440 hardened piston rod: special high strength grade material with extra hardening process effectively improves the chances again deformation, fracture and leakage.
• Special formulated oil – stable and durable high quality oil seal can minimize any suspension failures or oil leaking to increase durability.
• Inner polished seamless steel tube – quality high strength tubes ensure the strength of the struts (cylinders). The micro finished inner surface ensures a precise and smooth action, which can reduce the chances of fluid leakage and prolongs struts endurance.
• Mono tube design ensures quick response and comfort. suspension fluid is separated from high-pressure gas in order to reduce damper failure.
• Advanced formulated rubber parts: effectively increase the endurance and help eliminate abnormal noises.
• Forged aluminum alloy top mount: increases the strength and effectively reduces the weight to provide sensitive driving feedback.
• Sae9254 spring: high strength material formed spring effectively minimizes deformation.

MS3 spring rates are 7k/5k
MS6 spring rates are 12k/5k

S3 Version: Camber adjustable top hats (MS3 only) and pillow ball mount.

All MS3&MS6 include front adjustable endlinks.

MS6 Kit:

MS3 Gen1 Kit:

MS3 Gen2 Kit:

Here are some review threads from the BMW forums on our coilovers for that platform. You will see that even the pickiest of car enthusiasts have great things to say about the quality of the coilover itself and the adjustability it provides.

Sonic Tuning S1 Coilovers (Impressions) - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

Sonic Tuning Coilovers installed - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

Sonic Tuning Coilover Review - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

There are a few members so far who has been impressed with these and have only good things to say!!!

GB Details:

GB pricing will be as follows:

$999 + Shipping for the S3

Sets sold so far:
1. MS6 | S3
2. MS3 Gen2 | S3
3. MS3 Gen2 | S3
4. MS3 Gen2 | S3
5. MS6 | S3
6. MS3 Gen2 | S3
7. MS3 Gen2 | S3
8. MS3 Gen2 | S3
9. MS6 | S3
10. MS6 | S3
11. MS3 Gen2 | S3
12. MS3 Gen2 | S3
13. MS3 Gen1 | S3
14. MS3 Gen1 | S3
15. MS3 Gen1 | S3
16. MS3 Gen2 | S3
17. MS6 | S3
18. MS6 | S3
19. MS3 Gen1 | S3
20. MS3 Gen1 | S3
21. MS3 Gen2 | S3
22. MS3 Gen2 | S3
23. MS3 Gen2 | S3
24. MS3 Gen2 | S3
25. MS3 Gen2 | S3
26. MS3 Gen1 | S3
27. MS3 Gen1 | S3
28. MS3 Gen1 | S3
29. MS3 Gen1 | S3
30. MS3 Gen2 | S3
31. MS6 | S3
32. MS6 | S3
33. MS6 | S3
34. MS3 Gen2 | S3
35. MS3 Gen1 | S3
36. MS3 Gen1 | S3
37. MS3 Gen1 | S3
38. MS3 Gen2 | S3

To order these just give us a call 240.766.8388 or you can email us at sales@sonictuning.com

All coilover includes 1 year warranty against wear/tear (ie if you blow a shock) and a LIFETIME warranty against manufacturing defects (such as a broken coil, snapped bolt/bracket, ect). We pride ourselves on customer service and always making sure the customer stays happy no matter what. A quick Google search will show you just how happy ANY customer has been while doing business with us. We will do everything in our power to make sure your purchase goes as smoothly as possible. To order a set you can send us a PM or give us a call directly and we will be happy to help you.

Here's just a small review from a few MSF members who have already purchased them:

My Sonic Tuning S3 Coilover experiance....

Originally Posted by doubleflusher View Post
I do have these on my MS3, and I do love them.

Plus, they helped keep my car stable at the track.

Originally Posted by Shive View Post
Will do! Thanks man.

And the gents over at Sonic Tuning have been awesome thus far. Had a tracking # about an 30-60 mins after I sent the payment info, and they're quick to respond to emails. Hopefully the product lives up to the customer service so far.

Originally Posted by radbrad View Post
ive had these coilovers on for about 2 months now and i absolutly love them. it took a couple of tries to get my ride heigth, spring preload set to my liking, and get my dampening dialed in to my comfort.

Originally Posted by smillers View Post
Still needs to settle and these are shitty phone shots. Ill do a write up on them after I tune it all in. So good so far. No rattles. I currently have them set right in the middle of firmness. Wheels are 8.5 et47 with 225's. No clearance issues.

I have them, sadly im in texas.

I will tell you though that I absolutly love them. they go super low (if thats your thing) and the adjustable dampening kicks ass. I put it 3 clicks softer when Im driving with chicks, and stiffen it up its just me.

After I put them in I went and got a race allignment and now my car tracks straighter then ever and sticks all turns. Super fun.
dawgincustoms likes this.

Proudly Serving the NATOR DC Community!

www.sonictuning.com

We are an authorized COBB Dealer and carry HUNDREDS of other brands for your MAZDASPEED

We also make our own Coilovers for the MS3/6 along with HID kits and Wheels

Last edited by sonic tuning; 05-29-2014 at 11:44 AM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sonic tuning For This Useful Post:
Boosted Beluga (06-08-2013), Breeze10 (06-08-2013), dawgincustoms (06-02-2013), jreiden1 (05-31-2013), Menace1 (05-31-2013), MS3inDC (07-29-2013), Optimus prime (10-25-2013), RichieRichness (05-31-2013), SpeedRebirth (06-17-2013), Vader (06-13-2013)
 Old 05-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #2

RichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,320 Times in 1,452 Posts
Groans: 35
Groaned at 20 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Win!

Sent from my iPhone using RichieTalk
cheetoh likes this.
CP-e Atmosphere GTX3076r w1.06 Tial | JMF IM | NATOR D.C. FMIC | JBR Wide Path | Autotech Internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Denso ITV24 | CP-e RDM | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar | Whiteline RSB | Sonic Tuning Coils | DSS Driver Side Axle | JMF OCC

BT - 395 awhp 345 awtq @ Moore Automotive 4/12/2014 on 93 octane
Stock Turbo - 331 awhp 397 awtq @ Moore Automotive 11/10/2012 on ~e48
12.263 @ 111.75 mph 1.669 60' 11/17/2012

The Following User Says Thank You to RichieRichness For This Useful Post:
sonic tuning (06-03-2013)
 Old 06-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #3

EPTSpeed3 has much to be proud ofEPTSpeed3 has much to be proud ofEPTSpeed3 has much to be proud ofEPTSpeed3 has much to be proud ofEPTSpeed3 has much to be proud ofEPTSpeed3 has much to be proud ofEPTSpeed3 has much to be proud ofEPTSpeed3 has much to be proud ofEPTSpeed3 has much to be proud ofEPTSpeed3 has much to be proud of
Groans: 1
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

These come with the endlinks right?

2013 Crystal White Pearl Speed 3
14.2 @ 101 MPH. Self tuned
Sure Areos SRI/Corksport TIH/ETS TMIC/HKS SSQV VTA/Custom Turboback/Autotech FP internals/Cobb AP V3/BC Racing Coilovers/JBR Rear swaybar/JBR RMM/Sure SSP
 Old 06-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
Approved MSF Vendor

sonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the worldsonic tuning is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by EPTSpeed3 View Post
These come with the endlinks right?
Indeed, adjustable endlinks are included for MS3 and MS6

www.sonictuning.com

We are an authorized COBB Dealer and carry HUNDREDS of other brands for your MAZDASPEED

The Following User Says Thank You to sonic tuning For This Useful Post:
RichieRichness (06-04-2013)
 Old 06-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #5

Ray Danger 2020 is the leader of the worldRay Danger 2020 is the leader of the worldRay Danger 2020 is the leader of the worldRay Danger 2020 is the leader of the worldRay Danger 2020 is the leader of the worldRay Danger 2020 is the leader of the worldRay Danger 2020 is the leader of the worldRay Danger 2020 is the leader of the worldRay Danger 2020 is the leader of the worldRay Danger 2020 is the leader of the worldRay Danger 2020 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 18 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Mistersix; Here you go. Time to upgrade from ur H&R's or whatever springs you have son!
Power: BORG WARNER S360 TURBO w/ .70A/R SINGLE SCROLL HOTSIDE HTP 3.5" WHALE PEEN TIAL 44mm EWG (red) FJ PERFORMANCE TUBULAR MANIFOLD w/ VBAND EWG OUTLET/VBAND CATLESS DP/VTA EWG TUBE/FMIC PIPING - HOTSIDE ROUTED UNDER CAR/AN OIL FEED/DRAIN LINES ULTIMATE RACING CBE TREADSTONE TR1035 FMIC CORE AUTOTECH HPFP INTERNALS COBB TUNING ACCESSPORT GO FAST BITS TMS RESPONS BOV NGK LTR7IX-11
Handling: JAMES BARONE RACING RSB/88aRMM/88aTMM/80aPMM SONIC TUNING S3 COILOVERS STOPTECH SPORT STOP CROSS DRILLED ROTORS BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE-11 235/40/18 SPC REAR CAMBER ARMS
Extra Shit:SURE SHORTCUT/COUNTERSHIFT/ANCHORS JAMES BARONE RACING SPHERICAL HEAVY KNOB/51r BATTERY TRAY/STAGE II OCC CORKSPORT LED REAR BUMPER REFLECTORS/LED INTERIOR KIT/URETHANE EXHAUST HANGERS/GAS HOOD PROP STRUTS BOSCH 3-BAR MAP SENSOR BITWISE PnP MAP HARNESS COBB TUNING 3-PORT EBCS DDM TUNING 8000K LOWS/3000K FOGS O.Z. RACING ULTRALEGGERAS 18x8 +48 MUTEKI SR48 OPEN ENDED LUGS NUTS ARP 100-7708 EXTENDED WHEEL STUDS HELLA SUPERTONES RALLY ARMOUR MUDFLAPS (BLACK WTH RED LETTERS)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

K04 POWER FIGURES
277HP/325TQ SixTuned On 93
314HP/356TQ Rfinkle2 Tuned With 33% Corn

S360 POWER FIGURES
365HP/356TQ Purple Drank Tuned ON 93
421HP/392TQ Purple Drank Tuned w/ 3 GAL E85 MIX
NUMBERS LIMITED BY STOCK BLOCK ON STOCK FUELING TILL SPRING
 Old 06-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #6

Boosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,408 Times in 1,844 Posts
Groans: 50
Groaned at 20 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn it. Wish I had the money.

Fucking FREEK TUNED and shit
 Old 06-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #7

blackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 15 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So whats the price for gen1 ms3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
COBB ACCESSPORT//TURBOXS CATLESS DP+RACEPIPE//3 BAR MAP//3.5" HTP INTAKE//NGK 1 STEP COLDER PLUGS//HKS CATBACK//AUTOTECH INTERNALS//COBB FMIC V2.0//HKS BOV BLACK EDITION IN VTA//RPF1 17x9//pilot super sport 245/45/17//ACT 6 PUCK//M.D OCC VTA//TOKAY SEALS//BNR S4//Hypnotic tuned
 Old 06-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #8
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by blackms3_71 View Post
So whats the price for gen1 ms3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are $999 + shipping.

www.sonictuning.com

Old 06-13-2013, 06:06 AM   #9

Celestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the worldCelestspeed3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,033 Times in 657 Posts
Groans: 15
Groaned at 55 Times in 26 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do you happen to know what is the highest negative camber these camber plates can be set to at max ride height?
 Old 06-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #10

Pseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 28 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i bought the ms6 kit from the last gb, so how much for just the endlinks?

Cobb AP JBR SSP/SSB's
AWR PMM/RMM Autotech Internals
Sonic Tuning Coilovers ETS TMIC
HTP 3 Incher Forge V2 BPV
eBay Test Pipe

SCUBA TUNED
 Old 06-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #11
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Celestspeed3 View Post
Do you happen to know what is the highest negative camber these camber plates can be set to at max ride height?

PMs replied!

Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
i bought the ms6 kit from the last gb, so how much for just the endlinks?
You have PM

www.sonictuning.com

Last edited by sonic tuning; 06-17-2013 at 08:03 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 06-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #12

RichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wei,
I will have money for a set next month. Sonic Tuning FTMFW!
CP-e Atmosphere GTX3076r w1.06 Tial | JMF IM | NATOR D.C. FMIC | JBR Wide Path | Autotech Internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Denso ITV24 | CP-e RDM | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar | Whiteline RSB | Sonic Tuning Coils | DSS Driver Side Axle | JMF OCC

The Following User Says Thank You to RichieRichness For This Useful Post:
sonic tuning (06-25-2013)
 Old 06-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #13

SpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the world
Groans: 33
Groaned at 22 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How much would it drop my ms6 with this kit? I cant drop very much because my garage is underground and theres a big bump i have to get over.

Any negative side effects by setting them on the highest settings?

Its starting to get a bit hard to keep the car on the road as power increases...

CP-E Atmosphere Kit GTX3076 Tial 0.82AR / EWG / 3,25" MAF / Catless DP
Simons 3" Catback CP-E Diff Mount HDI FMIC HTP Battery Relocation
Corksport: Rear Brace Bar - Front Strut Bar - Stubby Antenna - Interior + Underhood LED Kit
JBR: TMM+PMM+RMM - Short Shift Kit /w Bushings - TIG Throttle - Coolant Bypass - EGR Delete - JBR OCC Stage 2
Whiteline Rear Swaybar SPC Camber Joints Turbosmart BPV Autotech Internals SURE Juggernaught Stratified Guardian Angel & Boost Dial NGK IX @ 0.025
Bosch 3 bar MAP w/ PNP Harness Block8Head Dual Gauge Pod Defi Racer Boost & Oil Pressure & Oil Temp
Techna-Fit Clutch Line + Brake Lines ATE Super Blue Racing ProSport Oil Filter Adapter Mazda Spin-On Conversion + NPT/BSPT adapter

Not installed yet: SP63 longblock, FreekTune 4" Intake, JBR TIG IM, DM Meth Spacer

290 AWHP / K04
370 AWHP / GTX3076 @ 23 psi
 Old 06-19-2013, 06:41 AM   #14

PL ENDO is the leader of the worldPL ENDO is the leader of the worldPL ENDO is the leader of the worldPL ENDO is the leader of the worldPL ENDO is the leader of the worldPL ENDO is the leader of the worldPL ENDO is the leader of the worldPL ENDO is the leader of the worldPL ENDO is the leader of the worldPL ENDO is the leader of the worldPL ENDO is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 31 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sonic CO with 245's on EVO X rims
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3290050.JPG (1.71 MB, 166 views)
SLOWHATCH likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to PL ENDO For This Useful Post:
pixelNate (06-22-2013)
 Old 06-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #15
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SpeedRebirth View Post
How much would it drop my ms6 with this kit? I cant drop very much because my garage is underground and theres a big bump i have to get over.

Any negative side effects by setting them on the highest settings?

Its starting to get a bit hard to keep the car on the road as power increases...
You have PM.

Originally Posted by PL ENDO View Post
Sonic CO with 245's on EVO X rims
Looking good!

Orders shipped!

www.sonictuning.com

Old 06-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #16

Not Ranked  0 score     

Picked up mine today! Can't wait to get them installed!

Old 06-26-2013, 01:08 AM   #17

Pseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 28 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

sonic coils

Cobb AP JBR SSP/SSB's
AWR PMM/RMM Autotech Internals
Sonic Tuning Coilovers ETS TMIC
HTP 3 Incher Forge V2 BPV
eBay Test Pipe

SCUBA TUNED
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pseudonym For This Useful Post:
Flaverre (07-25-2013), Poohster (06-28-2013), sonic tuning (07-15-2013)
 Old 07-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #18

Shayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

@sonic tuning; I have a gen 1 BTW thanks , how would you compare these to kw v1 or v2 understand the price differences, but I would just like to hear your thoughts.
1. 2009 CWP SPORT Mazdaspeed3 Corksport:SRI/TIP, SSP,TP. COBB: AP FREEKTUNE IN PROGRESS EBAY:CATLESS DP CORKSPORT:CBE BILSTEINS: B8 SWIFT SPEC R .RPF1's 18x9.5 et38 ROTA GRIDS 18X9.5 et38 HANKOOK V12's 235/40/18
2. 2009 CWP GT Mazdaspeed3 CPE SRI/TIP, COBB:AP JBR:RMM
The Following User Says Thank You to Shayne-ms3 For This Useful Post:
MS3KO (07-07-2013)
 Old 07-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #19

jk_ms3 is the leader of the worldjk_ms3 is the leader of the worldjk_ms3 is the leader of the worldjk_ms3 is the leader of the worldjk_ms3 is the leader of the worldjk_ms3 is the leader of the worldjk_ms3 is the leader of the worldjk_ms3 is the leader of the worldjk_ms3 is the leader of the worldjk_ms3 is the leader of the worldjk_ms3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,667 Times in 714 Posts
Groans: 40
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Saving my pennies for this... Looks amazing, and Sonic Tuning is great. (Got my AP there, and Ray was absolutely fantastic. Even had me install it in the parking lot and made sure that it was all good before I pulled out.)

Cobb AP // JBR Stage II PowerPath Intake // GFB Respons BOV // AutoTech Internals // Sure Race Pipe (Cullen Eats Penises) // CPe TMIC
JBR 88a RMM // JBR 70a TMM // JBR EGR Block Off Plate // Damond OCC // NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs // JBR Bypass Valve Hose // SU Boost Tubes

JBR Spherical Heavy Shift Knob // CorkSport interior LEDs // JBR License Plate Frame Mod // G2 Black Caliper Paint // 35% tint

On deck: VG Sharkfin Antenna

The Following User Says Thank You to jk_ms3 For This Useful Post:
sonic tuning (07-15-2013)
 Old 07-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #20

SleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,503 Times in 831 Posts
Groans: 52
Groaned at 54 Times in 39 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wow look great I'm in for a set! Will be sending a PM

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
 Old 07-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #21

speeed is the leader of the worldspeeed is the leader of the worldspeeed is the leader of the worldspeeed is the leader of the worldspeeed is the leader of the worldspeeed is the leader of the worldspeeed is the leader of the worldspeeed is the leader of the worldspeeed is the leader of the worldspeeed is the leader of the worldspeeed is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,121 Times in 1,517 Posts
Groans: 26
Groaned at 50 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had my Sonic's V3 on my 2012 MS3 for about 12k miles and I'm more than happy with them. I came from H&R springs and that's a huge difference....
The Following User Says Thank You to speeed For This Useful Post:
 Old 07-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #22
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by RichieRichness View Post
Picked up mine today! Can't wait to get them installed!

Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post

sonic coils
Originally Posted by jk_ms3 View Post
Saving my pennies for this... Looks amazing, and Sonic Tuning is great. (Got my AP there, and Ray was absolutely fantastic. Even had me install it in the parking lot and made sure that it was all good before I pulled out.)
Originally Posted by SleeperHatch View Post
Wow look great I'm in for a set! Will be sending a PM

Originally Posted by speeed View Post
I had my Sonic's V3 on my 2012 MS3 for about 12k miles and I'm more than happy with them. I came from H&R springs and that's a huge difference....

Thanks for the kind words folks!

The group buy is still going strong.

All PMs replied!

www.sonictuning.com

Old 07-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #23

dot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can you show some pictures of how the rear is adjustable on the speed 6? Like does it interfere with the rear bump stop and also how much adjustment is there in the rear vs stock. I would like the ability to go higher than most coilovers allow as well as going fairly low like my H&R springs do but not much lower than that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
 Old 07-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #24

SleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sonic tuning View Post
Thanks for the kind words folks!

The group buy is still going strong.

All PMs replied!
Pm'd back!

Old 07-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #25

Byron&hisMazda will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I emailed Sonic Tuning about any possible rubbing issue with the stock wheels/ tires. They said the minimum drop is 1" and that won't create any rubbing issues. Any further and you will need spacers if you keep the stock wheels. Anyone have any more info about this? It sounds straight forward enough. Also, what about camber for the rear wheels? Will I need a kit for the rear and if so who makes a good one? I think the mazdaspeed kit comes with arms.
Sorry if this has been answered before. I'm sure it has somewhere.
 Old 07-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #26
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dot584 View Post
Can you show some pictures of how the rear is adjustable on the speed 6? Like does it interfere with the rear bump stop and also how much adjustment is there in the rear vs stock. I would like the ability to go higher than most coilovers allow as well as going fairly low like my H&R springs do but not much lower than that.

The rear height is adjusted by the Spring Perch you see on the right top.

You can maintain stock height or drop down to about 2 1/2 inches.

Originally Posted by Byron&hisMazda View Post
So I emailed Sonic Tuning about any possible rubbing issue with the stock wheels/ tires. They said the minimum drop is 1" and that won't create any rubbing issues. Any further and you will need spacers if you keep the stock wheels. Anyone have any more info about this? It sounds straight forward enough. Also, what about camber for the rear wheels? Will I need a kit for the rear and if so who makes a good one? I think the mazdaspeed kit comes with arms.
Sorry if this has been answered before. I'm sure it has somewhere.
Rubbing is caused by the high offset wheels rubbing on inner side of the wheel with your coilover's Springs.

As long as you maintain a mild drop, you should not have to use spacers.

www.sonictuning.com

Last edited by sonic tuning; 07-17-2013 at 07:06 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
superskaterxes (07-18-2013)
 Old 07-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #27

radbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 14 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had zero rubbing issues on a gen1 with oem wheels. I also put on 15mm spacers all around and had zero rubbing with a tasteful drop.

Keep in mind, as you go lower, you will have more and more negative camber. You might want to look into some rear adjustable camber arms to fix that.
TWM STS || Forge BPVv1 || Sure RMM || Cobb SRI || CNT DP || AP || Autotech || ITV22 || COBB/TR8L FMIC || JBR TB&IM TIG || HTP TIP || JBR PMM&TMM || JBR EGR DELETE || Cobb CBE || SONIC COs || Perm Plate & OCC || JBR OCC || PnP IM || DO Meth Inj. ||
The Following User Says Thank You to radbrad For This Useful Post:
superskaterxes (07-18-2013)
 Old 07-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #28

Nliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,631 Times in 3,121 Posts
Groans: 67
Groaned at 17 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had zero rubbing issues on a gen1 with oem wheels. I also put on 15mm spacers all around and had zero rubbing with a tasteful drop.

Keep in mind, as you go lower, you will have more and more negative camber. You might want to look into some rear adjustable camber arms to fix that.
Gen 2 wheels also sit ~6 mm closer to the strut than Gen 1 wheels, so they're more likely to have fitment issues...

2008 MS3 GT
2016 MX-5 Club

The Following User Says Thank You to Nliiitend1 For This Useful Post:
SLOWHATCH (08-23-2013)
 Old 07-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #29

PapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the world
Thanked 13,233 Times in 4,775 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 61 Times in 35 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I know people are having issues with 17x9's with +40ish offsets.

Trying to see if anyone has a fix for it at the moment or i will sell these and pick up other coilovers that dont have that issue, the bottom collar tends to rub the front wheels.
860whp/677wtq

2016 Ford F150, XLT, 4x4 Supercrew
2.7 V6 Ecoboost
 Old 07-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #30

dot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the worlddot584 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

The rear height is adjusted by the Spring Perch you see on the right top.

You can maintain stock height or drop down to about 2 1/2 inches.

Yes Ive seen that picture but thank you. What I mean is where does that spring perch sit? On top of the bell shaped part where the bump stop hits? My concern is that the rear bump stop would be unusable because the spring perch/adjuster sits on top of the bell therefore reducing overall suspension travel. If this is not an issue how did you get around it? Can you post a picture of it installed?
 Old 07-27-2013, 12:56 AM   #31

Shayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputeShayne-ms3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

@sonic tuning; @superskaterxes; so i ran the recommend preload setting (1/4'') from hand tighten and the ride was horrible. So i called ST ,and i talked to Ray about it, he suggested that i loosen the spring 1/8'' since the spring might be too tight. And he suggested putting the damping to 2-3 for the front, and 4-5 for the rears. so i followed everything he said. I went ahead and loosen the front spring , so that it only has a total of 1/8'' worth of preload. set the fronts to 3 and rears to 4. It still doesn't feel right at all. The coils doesn't feel like they're damping correctly, and causes the car to be very unstale, when reaching higher speed. Hitting a bump, is nothing but a harsh thump to the spine. It doesn't dampen the bumps at all. ride is very jarring. I came from Ksports, kontrol pro. i understand that coilovers are not going to give a ride quality like OEM, but not what i mean.
I just feel like this isn't right at all. the coils , aren't doing their job at all. So what could i do at this point? I'm not trying to bash on Sonic Tuning, but just want to get things straight. I Decided to go with Sonics, after reading all the reviews here. and wanted to replace the shitty blown ksports, that blew within few months. So i just want a suspension that is solid again!
Thanks
Shayne
1. 2009 CWP SPORT Mazdaspeed3 Corksport:SRI/TIP, SSP,TP. COBB: AP FREEKTUNE IN PROGRESS EBAY:CATLESS DP CORKSPORT:CBE BILSTEINS: B8 SWIFT SPEC R .RPF1's 18x9.5 et38 ROTA GRIDS 18X9.5 et38 HANKOOK V12's 235/40/18
2. 2009 CWP GT Mazdaspeed3 CPE SRI/TIP, COBB:AP JBR:RMM
 Old 07-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #32
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Shayne,

Can you PM us your height measurement on a flat surface on the front and rear, from your fender to the ground.

There are few things I would recommend:

Adjust the preload of the spring and your endlink while the car is LOADED.

Have a shop check your suspension install, and have it corner balanced.

Give us a call if you have any other questions.

Yes Ive seen that picture but thank you. What I mean is where does that spring perch sit? On top of the bell shaped part where the bump stop hits? My concern is that the rear bump stop would be unusable because the spring perch/adjuster sits on top of the bell therefore reducing overall suspension travel. If this is not an issue how did you get around it? Can you post a picture of it installed?
To install the perch, you would remove the current stock perch with the bolt attached to the sub frame prior to new unit.

www.sonictuning.com

Last edited by sonic tuning; 07-29-2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sonic tuning For This Useful Post:
RichieRichness (07-29-2013), SLOWHATCH (08-23-2013)
 Old 07-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #33

Not Ranked  0 score     

To install the perch, you would remove the current stock perch with the bolt attached to the sub frame prior to new unit.

The bump stop perch comes off? I'm taking about a ms6. You don't have any pictures of this installed on a 6?

Old 07-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #34
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,013 Times in 5,264 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The bump stop perch comes off? I'm taking about a ms6. You don't have any pictures of this installed on a 6?

on a 6 the perch goes on top and the spring gets clocked on the LCA
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
 Old 07-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #35

twincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond reputetwincitySPEED6 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 4
Not Ranked  0 score     

These stil in stock?

SOLD - 2007 Mazdaspeed3 210k
Current - 2007 Mazdaspeed6
 Old 08-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #36

Not Ranked  0 score     

So I had these installed and the right rear coupler will not fully adjust. And the spring is ridiculously short making my car super slammed low. I have sent an email to Sonic Tuning regarding the issue and asking for longer springs as well. I will be taking my EvoX wheels off and swapping back to stock wheels because it just wont work the way it sits right now. @sonic tuning;

Nliiitend1 (08-14-2013)
 Old 08-13-2013, 03:43 AM   #37
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,013 Times in 5,264 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

are your springs different heights to begin with?
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
The Following User Says Thank You to superskaterxes For This Useful Post:
Nliiitend1 (08-14-2013)
 Old 08-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #38

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
are your springs different heights to begin with?
Don't believe so but only the rear driver side will adjust fully. And the car looks absolutely slammed right now

Nliiitend1 (08-14-2013)
 Old 08-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #39
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by twincitySPEED6 View Post
These stil in stock?
Yes, it is.

Originally Posted by SleeperHatch View Post
So I had these installed and the right rear coupler will not fully adjust. And the spring is ridiculously short making my car super slammed low. I have sent an email to Sonic Tuning regarding the issue and asking for longer springs as well. I will be taking my EvoX wheels off and swapping back to stock wheels because it just wont work the way it sits right now. @sonic tuning;

Please follow the instruction that was sent to your email and re-adjust the spring perch!

www.sonictuning.com

SLOWHATCH (08-23-2013)
 Old 09-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #40

King Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the worldKing Scumbag is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,075 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can I haz Sonic Tuning Coilover @sonic tuning;?
E25 382/375 GSD DynoJet 141020
STOCK BLOCK

FREEK KORN TUNE 335whp/356wtq ENM 14 K04
~ Ordnance, Droppn' Warheads of Foreheads Since 1922 ~
BOSTON STRONG

Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
It's always better to build for more power than you'll ever make.
The Following User Says Thank You to King Scumbag For This Useful Post:
sonic tuning (09-20-2013)
Closed Thread

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f596/gb-v3-sonic-tuning-coilovers-146889/
Posted By For Type Date
?????? ????????) This thread Refback 08-25-2014 07:09 AM
MazdaSpeed 3 Gen 2 Coilover with Adjustable Camber Plate and Pillow Ball Mount This thread Refback 12-05-2013 02:03 PM
MazdaSpeed 6 Coilover Suspension with Pillow Ball Mount This thread Refback 11-28-2013 10:48 AM
MazdaSpeed 3 Gen 1 Coilover with Adjustable Camber Plate and Pillow Ball Mount This thread Refback 11-19-2013 02:01 PM