register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Approved Vendors >
E-Tuners / Custom Hardparts
> Stratified Automotive Controls

Stratified Automotive Controls We offer Vehicle Specific Street, Remote E-tuning, Dyno Services for Mazdaspeed 3 and Mazdaspeed 6 vehicles using the COBB AccessPort and VersaTuner. We specialize in control systems, engine management, instrumentation and turbocharging and offer a variety of products and services, from standalone ECUs to build-consulting services.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Lex

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-05-2015, 04:39 PM   #1
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,362 Times in 6,958 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 44 Times in 38 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default MazdaSpeed Synapse DV Valve at Stratified

As we are growing we are starting to carry more of the common parts that a lot our customers need for their builds and that we have ran and stand by their performance. Today, we added the Synapse DV valve for the MazdaSpeed. It is the fastest valve on the market and anyone with a MazdaSpeed running above 20psi of boost should consider this upgrade. More at the link below. Price includes shipping!

Synapse DV Bypass/Blow Off Valve [MazdaSpeed Synapse DV] - $260.00USD : Stratified Automotive Controls
zer010gic and Mauro_Penguin like this.

We Engineer, and that's better than just tuning!

www.stratifiedauto.com
COBB AP and VersaTuner Custom Tuning. Guardian Angel Protection and Boost Control.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
BLKSTIG (03-10-2015), Code Monkey (03-05-2015), cyclist20 (03-05-2015), dan7225 (03-10-2015), England15j (03-05-2015), IMASA (03-06-2015), jtday (03-10-2015), Mauro_Penguin (03-06-2015), Revmatch (03-06-2015), speedaholic (03-05-2015), sporkbomb (03-09-2015), zer010gic (03-10-2015)
 Old 03-09-2015, 10:48 AM   #2
Feline Führer

neganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,356 Times in 1,252 Posts
Groans: 49
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How do these compare to a forge or corksport bpv?
neganox is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-09-2015, 11:07 AM   #3
hidin in yo bushes

CWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 12,754 Times in 4,724 Posts
Groans: 122
Groaned at 70 Times in 57 Posts

Originally Posted by neganox View Post
How do these compare to a forge or corksport bpv?
Well they go pshh psshhh like all the other ones...

Lol, from what I've heard, the Synapse is suppose to be a pretty damn nice DV, but I don't have any personal experience.

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ
10-19-13 Moore Automotive

CWP_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CWP_MS3 For This Useful Post:
neganox (03-09-2015)
 Old 03-09-2015, 11:15 AM   #4
Feline Führer

neganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,356 Times in 1,252 Posts
Groans: 49
Not Ranked  0 score     

I like pssh pssh. Not sure if I can justify $260 worth of pssh pssh. It certainly looks fancier.
neganox is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-09-2015, 11:35 AM   #5

btstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,519 Times in 1,761 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 38 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's faster, isn't it?
JBR 3.5" whale penis intake, HTP polished battery tray, PnP stock intake manifold w/VCTS delete (by Kmac), Corksport TMIC, Forge V2 BPV, JBR TIG's, Kozmic EGR delete, Cobb AP, PTP HPFP internals, stock TBE w/gutted cats, JBR RMM, SU PMM and TMM, Koni Yellow Sport struts, Swift springs, Tri Point Engineering RSB, Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, PTP Injector Seals, GenPu transmission, Fidanza flywheel, 3 BAR MAP sensor, Posifab 10.5:1 CR 88mm sexy pistons, Molnar rods, sleeved block, PTP BSD

SnailTune in progress
btstarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btstarcher For This Useful Post:
Mauro_Penguin (03-10-2015)
 Old 03-09-2015, 11:41 AM   #6

jtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's one of the best around. It uses a sealing piston and orings instead of a diaphragm, so less maintenance and also very fast. And it doesn't make that grotesque dying tweety bird noise that everyone seems to think is cool.

I got it because I wanted quality. I've seen too many issues with others, even the well known brands (maybe with hks as an exception), not to justify doing it right the first time and just spending an extra $60 to $100 on a bpv. My 2 pence.

- JBR SRI/TIP - CS Racepipe - TurboXS CBE - Cobb AP - Stratified E85 Flash Tune Stg. II (294/342) - Stratified Guardian Angel - Autotechs -
CP-e S2 RMM - KW V2 - SPC RUCAs
jtday is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jtday For This Useful Post:
BLKSTIG (03-10-2015), btstarcher (03-09-2015), CWP_MS3 (03-10-2015), Mauro_Penguin (03-10-2015), neganox (03-09-2015)
 Old 03-09-2015, 03:13 PM   #7

ms3matt has a reputation beyond reputems3matt has a reputation beyond reputems3matt has a reputation beyond reputems3matt has a reputation beyond reputems3matt has a reputation beyond reputems3matt has a reputation beyond reputems3matt has a reputation beyond reputems3matt has a reputation beyond reputems3matt has a reputation beyond reputems3matt has a reputation beyond reputems3matt has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have this bypass valve as well. I like it a lot. Very quick. I don't have any other experience other valves so I honestly can't say how it compares, but I am very satisfied with this one.
ms3matt is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-09-2015, 08:26 PM   #8
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

This valve won't make fancy noises (it is fairly quiet) since the opening is fairly large but it is very fast and that's what makes it special. This means that transient on/off boost is excellent as is gear shifting and this is why I recommend the valve. When we developed the GA I had the opportunity to try a lot of different valves on the market and this one stood out for me.

www.stratifiedauto.com
COBB AP and VersaTuner Custom Tuning. Guardian Angel Protection and Boost Control.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
BLKSTIG (03-10-2015), Mauro_Penguin (03-10-2015), qkrthnu2 (05-30-2015)
 Old 03-10-2015, 05:33 AM   #9

BLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hands down the best there is. I want to run it with a GA so I can go VTA and see what the sound diff is. I have one on my turbo rx8 and I have zero complaints. I love that recirc'd no one can hear it but me. Really puts my car into sleeper mode
'06 Mazdaspeed 6|| Cobb SF & AP Stage 1 | RPM Street Springs | SPC Ball Joints | SU Rear MM | SURE Dread | Whiteline RSB |18x8 Enkei EKM3 w/ 225/40 | JBR SSP & SURE Anchors | Rotora Blanks w/ EBC Red Stuff | 6K HID lights/blown fog | V2 Pre-amp |
BLKSTIG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BLKSTIG For This Useful Post:
Mauro_Penguin (03-10-2015)
 Old 03-10-2015, 05:45 AM   #10
hidin in yo bushes

CWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 12,754 Times in 4,724 Posts
Groans: 122
Groaned at 70 Times in 57 Posts

Originally Posted by jtday View Post
It's one of the best around. It uses a sealing piston and orings instead of a diaphragm, so less maintenance and also very fast. And it doesn't make that grotesque dying tweety bird noise that everyone seems to think is cool.

I got it because I wanted quality. I've seen too many issues with others, even the well known brands (maybe with hks as an exception), not to justify doing it right the first time and just spending an extra $60 to $100 on a bpv. My 2 pence.
I haven't had any issues with my HKS, but I have had issues with a Turbosmart.

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ
10-19-13 Moore Automotive

CWP_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CWP_MS3 For This Useful Post:
jtday (03-11-2015)
 Old 03-10-2015, 07:28 AM   #11

zer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I plan to order this after I order my new intake. Everything I have read about the Synapse DV has been awesome and I really don't care what it sounds like just that it does its job and does it well.
Autotech Internals | ETS TMIC | Cobb AP | JBR Tru-3.5" Wide Path Aluminum | JBR RMM | JBR TMM | JBR PMM | JBR Short Shift Plate | Fidanza Flywheel | TWM Weighted Shift Knob | Hawk HPS 5.0 Pads | Techna-Fit Brake Lines | RedLine Fluids and Unicorn Blood | NGK 1 Step Colder | Damond OCC | TurboSmart Duel Port | CP-e SafeSeals | JBR TIG | JBR TBG | Damond EGR Delete
Miltuned!!!

Ready to Install
ATP Downpipe

zer010gic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zer010gic For This Useful Post:
BLKSTIG (03-10-2015), Lex (03-11-2015)
 Old 03-11-2015, 10:23 AM   #12

jtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Lex; Are you currently running this valve with the Guardian Angel? If so, how did you connect the smaller diameter hose supplied with the valve to the larger diameter hose required for the BOV OUT nipple on the GA?

- JBR SRI/TIP - CS Racepipe - TurboXS CBE - Cobb AP - Stratified E85 Flash Tune Stg. II (294/342) - Stratified Guardian Angel - Autotechs -
CP-e S2 RMM - KW V2 - SPC RUCAs
jtday is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jtday For This Useful Post:
Mauro_Penguin (03-11-2015)
 Old 03-11-2015, 11:35 AM   #13
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jtday View Post
@Lex; Are you currently running this valve with the Guardian Angel? If so, how did you connect the smaller diameter hose supplied with the valve to the larger diameter hose required for the BOV OUT nipple on the GA?
Yes I use the GA for overboost protection all the time. I used the push lock fittings on the valve and a short piece of 1/4" hard tubing provided with the push lock Y connector to have ports A and B connected. I then slipped a rubber hose over the 1/4" hard tubing and connected to the GA. Works very well.

www.stratifiedauto.com
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
jtday (03-11-2015), Mauro_Penguin (03-11-2015), neganox (04-14-2015)
 Old 03-13-2015, 04:20 PM   #14

lnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

I purchased this valve while tuning with Stratified per Lex's suggestion and I love it. As stated above the on/off throttle response is very impressive. I find that the turbine doesn't lose much speed between quick shifts which means full boost much sooner in the following gear when compared to the factory bpv.

I hooked mine up using a fancy 90° barbed brass fitting that I purchased from a local hydraulics shop along with a small brass fitting with a screen in it for the unused port. I was able to reuse the stock BPV hose in the factory orientation and location with this arrangement.
WHEELS & TIRES↓ ENKEI EVOLUTION X ♦ MICHELIN PILOT SUPER SPORT
CREATURE COMFORTS☺ TWM FULL ASSEMBLY ♦ STRATIFIED EXTENDER

TUNED BY
lnumbp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lnumbp For This Useful Post:
Lex (03-14-2015), Mauro_Penguin (03-13-2015)
 Old 03-13-2015, 09:18 PM   #15

tmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the worldtmillner is the leader of the world
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Same deal, got this valve per Mike at stratified suggestion since my stocker was leaking under boost.

Works great, slightly louder than stock and extremely responsive.

I ordered a corksport bpv hose at the same time, luckily. The stock wouldn't fit properly.
Lex (03-14-2015), lnumbp (03-14-2015)
 Old 05-04-2015, 06:42 PM   #16

GregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Lex; Just got my synapse bpv in from you guys this afternoon. What are your recommendations as far as setup?:
1.) port combinations (A, B, or A+B),
2.) spring pre-load,
3.) and push vs pull.

Based off of what I have gathered so far, I would guess the answers would be A+B, minimum pre-load, and push mode. I have read some say pull mode is better for high boost operation, but I imagine this may not be an issue for our application. Would that be correct to assume? I'm currently running a factory K04, plan to upgrade to the BNR stage3 eventually. Thank you in advance.
Cobb AP v3, tuning by Stratified Automotive Controls, Autotech HPFP internals, one step colder NGK Iridium plugs, Cobb DP, Magnaflow 3" CBE, Corksport SRI/TIP, Corksport Race RMM 80A, Synapse Synchronic DV in push mode A+B, Treadstone TR6 FMIC, JBR FMIC piping kit, JBR Silicone recirc hose, JBR rear sway bar, Bilstein B14 coilovers, SPC adjustable rear camber arms, Stoptech SS brake lines and brake pads, 17x9" et+45mm Enkei Racing RPF1's, 245/40/17 Hankook RS3's, JBR 5mm hub/wheel spacers in front.
GregScuba is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-05-2015, 09:18 AM   #17

GregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Found the following handy information posted by Synapse on an Evo forum and I subsequently switched from ports A+B to port B only, with the result of smoother actuation and less flutter/bucking:
link: Post your Synapse DV config and results - Page 14 - evolutionm.net

"What I've found in road racing applications is especially true in this scenario: Long straight that goes into heavy braking, with a tight exit that requires slow throttle input. If you're setup with A+B, you'll find that the vacuum is too strong and it opens the BOV/DV. So, for anyone road racing, I really recommend using Port B.

The solution by other manufacturers is more spring pre-load, which translates into the DV/BOV not working in other critical areas. Pneumatically, with only Port B the DV/BOV won't self relieve pressure until well over 60 psi anyhow, so, you'll be just fine."
Cobb AP v3, tuning by Stratified Automotive Controls, Autotech HPFP internals, one step colder NGK Iridium plugs, Cobb DP, Magnaflow 3" CBE, Corksport SRI/TIP, Corksport Race RMM 80A, Synapse Synchronic DV in push mode A+B, Treadstone TR6 FMIC, JBR FMIC piping kit, JBR Silicone recirc hose, JBR rear sway bar, Bilstein B14 coilovers, SPC adjustable rear camber arms, Stoptech SS brake lines and brake pads, 17x9" et+45mm Enkei Racing RPF1's, 245/40/17 Hankook RS3's, JBR 5mm hub/wheel spacers in front.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GregScuba For This Useful Post:
aackthpt (05-25-2015), Code Monkey (05-30-2015), qkrthnu2 (05-30-2015)
 Old 05-05-2015, 01:58 PM   #18
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Interesting that you found it smoothest in that configuration. I run it as A+B in a push type configuration on our vehicle with great results. However this is very much something that you can setup to your liking.

One more thing to watch for - when inserting the tubing into the Y connector don't push the tubess too far into the connector. This can cause them to butt against the end and actually prevent the valve from seeing the correct vacuum and opening reliably.

www.stratifiedauto.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
aackthpt (05-25-2015), GregScuba (05-06-2015)
 Old 05-05-2015, 02:28 PM   #19

lnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the worldlnumbp is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

I run B in pull mode with the minimum pre-load. I have not played around with different configurations because I didn't encounter any unfavorable characteristics after the install. The only real issue is I wouldn't be able to use a fail safe device like the Guardian Angel with this configuration. Otherwise I believe it's the best of all worlds from what I've read and from the Synchronic Tuning Manual and my butt dyno agrees.
WHEELS & TIRES↓ ENKEI EVOLUTION X ♦ MICHELIN PILOT SUPER SPORT
CREATURE COMFORTS☺ TWM FULL ASSEMBLY ♦ STRATIFIED EXTENDER

TUNED BY
lnumbp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lnumbp For This Useful Post:
aackthpt (05-25-2015), GregScuba (05-06-2015)
 Old 05-30-2015, 10:59 AM   #20

JVal1283 will become famous soon enoughJVal1283 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just picked on up from a buddy of mine that had it on his speed3...but this will be going on a CX-7. So trying to see what would be the best route to start with. Obviously it's an auto 6-speed, and currently installed on the 7 is TIP, CS intake, EGR delete.

Was thinking of A+B part in push and see how it does...suggestions?
JVal1283 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JVal1283 For This Useful Post:
GregScuba (06-08-2015)
 Old 05-30-2015, 06:01 PM   #21
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JVal1283 View Post
I just picked on up from a buddy of mine that had it on his speed3...but this will be going on a CX-7. So trying to see what would be the best route to start with. Obviously it's an auto 6-speed, and currently installed on the 7 is TIP, CS intake, EGR delete.

Was thinking of A+B part in push and see how it does...suggestions?
This is a good setup!

www.stratifiedauto.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
GregScuba (06-08-2015)
 Old 05-30-2015, 06:11 PM   #22

JVal1283 will become famous soon enoughJVal1283 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Cool, just need to get 90 degree fittings since the dv on the 7 sits more straight up and the TMI cover won't go back on

JVal1283 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JVal1283 For This Useful Post:
GregScuba (06-08-2015)
 Old 06-01-2015, 12:05 PM   #23
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JVal1283 View Post
Cool, just need to get 90 degree fittings since the dv on the 7 sits more straight up and the TMI cover won't go back on
Be careful with the install and manhandling the valve. The bottom flange if forced can crack or be damaged.

www.stratifiedauto.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (06-01-2015), GregScuba (06-08-2015)
 Old 06-01-2015, 12:09 PM   #24

btstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,519 Times in 1,761 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 38 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Does this valve need to be serviced/lubed periodically?
JBR 3.5" whale penis intake, HTP polished battery tray, PnP stock intake manifold w/VCTS delete (by Kmac), Corksport TMIC, Forge V2 BPV, JBR TIG's, Kozmic EGR delete, Cobb AP, PTP HPFP internals, stock TBE w/gutted cats, JBR RMM, SU PMM and TMM, Koni Yellow Sport struts, Swift springs, Tri Point Engineering RSB, Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, PTP Injector Seals, GenPu transmission, Fidanza flywheel, 3 BAR MAP sensor, Posifab 10.5:1 CR 88mm sexy pistons, Molnar rods, sleeved block, PTP BSD

SnailTune in progress
btstarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btstarcher For This Useful Post:
GregScuba (06-08-2015)
 Old 06-01-2015, 07:28 PM   #25

aackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by btstarcher View Post
Does this valve need to be serviced/lubed periodically?
Theoretically no. All the mechanisms are the same and here is the official answer for the BOV: Synapse Engineering Help Desk

With that said, they do sell rebuild kits for them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aackthpt For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (06-02-2015), GregScuba (06-08-2015)
 Old 06-03-2015, 02:44 PM   #26

aackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by lnumbp View Post
along with a small brass fitting with a screen in it for the unused port.
Could you post a picture of what you used? Is it a standard part of some sort? This seems like a better idea to me than just VTA on an unused port.

@Lex; do you have any experience with the weaker / "street" spring?
Synapse Engineering Help Desk
They say it's included with "many of our popular DV kits" ... is it in the ones from Stratified?

Also wondered if you'd seen the actual data on actuation vacuum, since I hadn't seen it discussed or posted anywhere:
GregScuba (06-08-2015), Lex (06-04-2015)
 Old 06-03-2015, 03:09 PM   #27

Yatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,278 Times in 645 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I’ve been using one of these for a while, I think its important for most to understand, not only is it fast, it is a bi-directional bypass;
throttle open (partial to full, pre-boost), vacuum present in manifold? open; (bypass turbo and intercooler from TIP to IC cold pipe).

throttle open, boost present in manifold? closed

throttle closed, vacuum post plate, boost pre plate? open (boost bypass)

I’ve always wondered if the synapse could create an issue for tuning in that it plays with TIP volume and length, but the throttle response is considerably better with it versus stock, turbosmart or greddy type-r bpv.... (all used previous to it on my pu).
mods: \\// AT HPFP // AccessPort // CS S2 TIP, SRI and TMIC // CPe S2 RMM // Synapse BPV // Mazda gutted secondary cat // S-OTS+ 91S2 // HKS TP DLi II // Wilwood DP6 13” brakes // TCE 2 piece rear rotors // Maxwell SuperCap/LiFePO4 cell \\//

waiting for install: \\// CPE Catted DP // CS Battery Box // Devils Own Meth kit // H&R Coilovers \\//
Yatta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yatta For This Useful Post:
GregScuba (06-08-2015), Lex (06-04-2015), Mauro_Penguin (06-04-2015)
 Old 06-04-2015, 10:53 AM   #28
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by aackthpt View Post
Could you post a picture of what you used? Is it a standard part of some sort? This seems like a better idea to me than just VTA on an unused port.

@Lex; do you have any experience with the weaker / "street" spring?
They say it's included with "many of our popular DV kits" ... is it in the ones from Stratified?

Also wondered if you'd seen the actual data on actuation vacuum, since I hadn't seen it discussed or posted anywhere:
I have verified with Synapse. The kits come with the standard spring. I haven't seen any surge issues with this setup and I recommend not adding any preload to the spring.

Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
I’ve been using one of these for a while, I think its important for most to understand, not only is it fast, it is a bi-directional bypass;
throttle open (partial to full, pre-boost), vacuum present in manifold? open; (bypass turbo and intercooler from TIP to IC cold pipe).

throttle open, boost present in manifold? closed

throttle closed, vacuum post plate, boost pre plate? open (boost bypass)

I’ve always wondered if the synapse could create an issue for tuning in that it plays with TIP volume and length, but the throttle response is considerably better with it versus stock, turbosmart or greddy type-r bpv.... (all used previous to it on my pu).
This is an important comment and note that. The guys at MotoIQ wrote about this:
We Test Synapse Engineering's Synchronic Blow Off Valve and DV Diverter Valve

Essentially having the valve open under vacuum creates a bypass for the compressor which does create some pressure against the throttle plate. This reduces backpressure on the turbine side and increases efficiency when under vacuum.

www.stratifiedauto.com
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
aackthpt (06-04-2015), btstarcher (06-04-2015), GregScuba (06-08-2015), Mauro_Penguin (06-04-2015)
 Old 06-04-2015, 11:09 AM   #29

Yatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,278 Times in 645 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Lex View Post

Essentially having the valve open under vacuum creates a bypass for the compressor which does create some pressure against the throttle plate. This reduces backpressure on the turbine side and increases efficiency when under vacuum.
It was this feature (not the article) that sold it on me, you can hear it as well, three distinct sounds, open under vacuum, closed under boost and open when venting boost back to the tip... and it is responsive enough that you can open and close it with slight throttle modulation.... My wife thinks I am a dork (she is right) and picked up on what I was doing right away.

Some manufacturers (Hyundai for example) are now controlling their stock BPV’s in a similar fashion, though its electronically modulated...
mods: \\// AT HPFP // AccessPort // CS S2 TIP, SRI and TMIC // CPe S2 RMM // Synapse BPV // Mazda gutted secondary cat // S-OTS+ 91S2 // HKS TP DLi II // Wilwood DP6 13” brakes // TCE 2 piece rear rotors // Maxwell SuperCap/LiFePO4 cell \\//

waiting for install: \\// CPE Catted DP // CS Battery Box // Devils Own Meth kit // H&R Coilovers \\//
Yatta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yatta For This Useful Post:
GregScuba (06-08-2015), Lex (06-04-2015)
 Old 06-04-2015, 11:19 AM   #30

blake0521 has much to be proud ofblake0521 has much to be proud ofblake0521 has much to be proud ofblake0521 has much to be proud ofblake0521 has much to be proud ofblake0521 has much to be proud ofblake0521 has much to be proud ofblake0521 has much to be proud ofblake0521 has much to be proud ofblake0521 has much to be proud of
Groans: 7
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any one run in pull mode? I have mine in A+B in pull mode. Is push better? Also do you guys valve rotate even with the clamp tightened?

Mods:
Cobb sri-Cobb tip-Cobb dp-Cobb bvp xle-Cobb ap v3-Cobb shift knob-AutoTech internals-JBR occ stage 2-JBR short shift plate-JBR solid shift bushings-JBR motor mounts (80 rear 70 side)-JBR TruTorsion 125 rear sway bar - JBR FMIC with crash bar and TR8 - Snow Performance meth kit with devils own fuel cell

Next up: tune.
blake0521 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blake0521 For This Useful Post:
GregScuba (06-08-2015)
 Old 06-04-2015, 11:35 AM   #31
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by blake0521 View Post
Any one run in pull mode? I have mine in A+B in pull mode. Is push better? Also do you guys valve rotate even with the clamp tightened?
The seal is via an -ring. Don't try and overdo that clamp - oring seals will be able to rotate but you should feel some resistance.

www.stratifiedauto.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
GregScuba (06-08-2015)
 Old 06-04-2015, 12:29 PM   #32

blake0521 has much to be proud ofblake0521 has much to be proud ofblake0521 has much to be proud ofblake0521 has much to be proud ofblake0521 has much to be proud ofblake0521 has much to be proud ofblake0521 has much to be proud ofblake0521 has much to be proud ofblake0521 has much to be proud ofblake0521 has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I should losen the clamp a tiny bit then? Also I am running it in pull since it seals better under boost. I couldn't really find any info on which is better and why. Anyone care to enlighten me? So far in pull mode I have no bucking and loose next to no spool when shifting. Wayyyy better then my Cobb bpv and cost less as well!

Mods:
Cobb sri-Cobb tip-Cobb dp-Cobb bvp xle-Cobb ap v3-Cobb shift knob-AutoTech internals-JBR occ stage 2-JBR short shift plate-JBR solid shift bushings-JBR motor mounts (80 rear 70 side)-JBR TruTorsion 125 rear sway bar - JBR FMIC with crash bar and TR8 - Snow Performance meth kit with devils own fuel cell

The Following User Says Thank You to blake0521 For This Useful Post:
GregScuba (06-08-2015)
 Old 06-04-2015, 12:32 PM   #33

Not Ranked  0 score     

Any one run in pull mode? I have mine in A+B in pull mode. Is push better?
All of the configurations have been run, apparently successfully since people who offer their setup all seem happy with it. I actually am making a list on my PC at home of who from MSF has run it which way. According to Synapse push with B-only is the "fastest" setup... though I think the speed of actuation probably doesn't matter a lot once below a certain threshold and it's more about actuating when, and only when, needed. Synapse also says that push mode will leak boost above a certain threshold but I don't think I have seen a solid number for where that will happen either. It seems very difficult to get solid information on how to set this up.

Read the FAQs for a little more info, especially the first one and the push vs. pull one, not that it'll necessarily what you're looking for. Synapse Engineering Help Desk

I'm gathering more information but once I get an intake (so it will fit) I currently expect to first try it in pull B-only... obviously that might change.
The Following User Says Thank You to aackthpt For This Useful Post:
GregScuba (06-08-2015)
 Old 06-04-2015, 12:36 PM   #34

Not Ranked  0 score     

All the info I got was from evo forums but on there platform everyone says run pull mode with a+b for daily and run b port only if on the track. The reason for that is a few guys were getting bad flutter/bucking on the track. I am going to do some logging next track day and see what I find.

Mods:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blake0521 For This Useful Post:
GregScuba (06-08-2015), Mauro_Penguin (06-05-2015)
 Old 06-04-2015, 12:47 PM   #35

Not Ranked  0 score     

All the info I got was from evo forums but on there platform everyone says run pull mode with a+b for daily and run b port only if on the track. The reason for that is a few guys were getting bad flutter/bucking on the track. I am going to do some logging next track day and see what I find.
Some of the low-throttle scenarios they described sounded like things that happen to me in day-to-day driving anyway. If you're driving well on the track the throttle should not be binary. I therefore fail to see how engine response setup for DD would be much different from track. With that said it may depend on the type of track or event being discussed as a big, open road course will be a lot different from autoX or attacking the Dragon.
GregScuba (06-08-2015), Mauro_Penguin (06-05-2015)
 Old 06-08-2015, 04:38 PM   #36

Not Ranked  0 score     

Since installing the TR6 intercooler and reflashing on the AP from stage 2 to stage 3, I switched from push B-only, to push A+B. I did a run on the dragon, and don't really have any complaints. Kinda wish I had done one more pass though with it in B-only to compare. As for the tail of the dragon, what an amazing piece of roadway!… Can't wait to go back and run it again after getting a custom tune with @Lex; .
Sure beats the hell out of the straight flat roads here in Florida. Perhaps someday I'll move up to the mountains
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GregScuba For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (06-08-2015), Lex (06-09-2015)
 Old 02-09-2019, 04:46 PM   #37

mike16241 is a glorious beacon of lightmike16241 is a glorious beacon of lightmike16241 is a glorious beacon of lightmike16241 is a glorious beacon of lightmike16241 is a glorious beacon of lightmike16241 is a glorious beacon of light
Neutral  -1 score     

I run the synapse dv. And was told by synapse you can use a mbc with it to bleed off boost as overboost protection
mike16241 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to mike16241 For This Un-useful Post:
Thor Hammer (02-11-2019)
 Old 02-11-2019, 01:31 PM   #38

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 209
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mike16241 View Post
I run the synapse dv. And was told by synapse you can use a mbc with it to bleed off boost as overboost protection
Thank you for updating a four year old post.
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote

« 2018 Holiday Sales | - »