register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base
>
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base (Gen1 - Gen 2)
> MSF KB - Mazdaspeed 3/6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #361

Yeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the worldYeldarb is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Silver Ecstasy View Post
So I got this e-mail from Magnaflow:

@donotbugme Maybe you got a kit for the Mazda 3? Since that's 2.25"? Doubtful but just throwing it out there.
My car runs with 3" DP, single 200cell cat, 11 inch resonator with this Magnaflow muffler (link below).

MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

Sounds freakin awesome.

GENII 2009 VR MPS LUX
Best Mufflers DP | 200 Cell CAT by 2XS | 3" Custom OPEN System with MAGNAFLOW Muffler & 4" tips | Speedy Lite Fin 18" Alloys with Sumitomo HTR ZIII
CORKSPORT SRI-TIP-Airbox | DGR Coilovers
OPTICOAT by ZAS | 2XS LED Fogs | 68 SMD LED (in the post) Parkers | Rear LED Reflectors | EYELIDS by MPS | Visual Garage Shark Fin Antenna
Hollandia 700 Sunroof
 Old 08-18-2011, 05:19 AM   #362

Silver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the world
Groans: 24
Groaned at 81 Times in 33 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by donotbugme View Post
I checked the part number when I got it here on their website. If I would have got a MZ3 kit then the rest of my piping all the way down would have been 2.5 not 3 which it is. http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ayproducts.asp

Here is a pic i took, I couldnt get a strait angle on it without the flash or ambient light washing the tape measure out so i did not include it. But since seem to want to keep fighting me about it here it is. You will see the inner lip I am talking about, if you take the internal diameter of that it will be 2.25. Now without that inner lip it would be closer to 2.5.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. I'll see if I can respond to Magnaflow with this. See what they say.
2011 LSM Mazdaspeed 3 Sport w/tech pkg - sold
 Old 08-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #363

skeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,814 Times in 555 Posts
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

On more video of my UR DP + CS RP + CS CBE. Just a few revs and a launch fail. Wanted to get a quick video before putting in the resonated TP this weekend.

BNR Supercars Stage 3 Turbo Aquamist HFS-4 Alcohol Injection Cobb Tuning AccesPORT • AccessTUNER Race KMD Tuning HPFP Internals v2.2 NGK 6510 Spark Plugs Bosch 3-Bar MAP Sensor Saikou Michi Oil Catch Can Grimmspeed 3-Port EBCS JBR TIGs • EGR Delete • Rear Sway Bar • RMM • PSMM • TMM HTP 3" TIP • Battery Tray SURE Motorsports 3" MAF • Shortcut • CounterShift • Anchors • AGS 621g Shift Knob Ultimate Racing Catted Downpipe • Test Pipe • Cat-Back Exhaust CP-e FMIC • SAFEseals Turbosmart Dual Port BOV PTP Injector Seal Studs EBC RedStuff Brake Pads • UPR Rotors Swift Spec R Springs Bilstein B8 Shocks SPC Performance Rear Camber Arms Tanabe Sustec Strut Tower Brace TWM Performance Full Replacement Shifter 5zοgen ZR+ 18x7.5 (Ceramic Bronze) Nitto NeoGen Tires Rally Armor Mud Flaps Morimoto 6000K HID Replacement Bulbs DDM Tuning 3000K HID Fog Lights Headlight Armor Yellow Fog Overlays Qualir QL-MZD723 Headunit Glowshift Mechanical Boost Gauge • A-Pillar Gauge Pod Aeroforce Dual Interceptor Gauges
 Old 08-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #364

adrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the world
Groans: 46
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by skeurton View Post
On more video of my UR DP + CS RP + CS CBE. Just a few revs and a launch fail. Wanted to get a quick video before putting in the resonated TP this weekend.

2011 Mazdaspeed 3 - UR Downpipe + CS Racepipe + CS CBE - YouTube
Damn that sounds sexy. Curious how it sounds with the resonated TP but it sounds pretty damn good as is. I think this is one of my favorite setups that I've heard so far.
 Old 08-18-2011, 08:27 PM   #365

skeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by adrager622 View Post
Damn that sounds sexy. Curious how it sounds with the resonated TP but it sounds pretty damn good as is. I think this is one of my favorite setups that I've heard so far.
No doubt. I absolutely LOVE the way it sounds. But it's just a tad bit too loud and has too much drone at part throttle for my liking. I'll try to get another video once the resonated TP is in.

BNR Supercars Stage 3 Turbo Aquamist HFS-4 Alcohol Injection Cobb Tuning AccesPORT • AccessTUNER Race KMD Tuning HPFP Internals v2.2 NGK 6510 Spark Plugs Bosch 3-Bar MAP Sensor Saikou Michi Oil Catch Can Grimmspeed 3-Port EBCS JBR TIGs • EGR Delete • Rear Sway Bar • RMM • PSMM • TMM HTP 3" TIP • Battery Tray SURE Motorsports 3" MAF • Shortcut • CounterShift • Anchors • AGS 621g Shift Knob Ultimate Racing Catted Downpipe • Test Pipe • Cat-Back Exhaust CP-e FMIC • SAFEseals Turbosmart Dual Port BOV PTP Injector Seal Studs EBC RedStuff Brake Pads • UPR Rotors Swift Spec R Springs Bilstein B8 Shocks SPC Performance Rear Camber Arms Tanabe Sustec Strut Tower Brace TWM Performance Full Replacement Shifter 5zοgen ZR+ 18x7.5 (Ceramic Bronze) Nitto NeoGen Tires Rally Armor Mud Flaps Morimoto 6000K HID Replacement Bulbs DDM Tuning 3000K HID Fog Lights Headlight Armor Yellow Fog Overlays Qualir QL-MZD723 Headunit Glowshift Mechanical Boost Gauge • A-Pillar Gauge Pod Aeroforce Dual Interceptor Gauges
 Old 08-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #366

adrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

No doubt. I absolutely LOVE the way it sounds. But it's just a tad bit too loud and has too much drone at part throttle for my liking. I'll try to get another video once the resonated TP is in.
Hell ya do that! I'm most likely getting the CS exhaust system, but am still unsure if I'm doing a full downpipe or just getting a race pipe put in. But wanna see how this setup fully sounds.
 Old 08-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #367
Ur moms boyfriend

forcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,265 Times in 763 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 99 Times in 70 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I really want to hear one with a catless dp and rp but with stock cbe!!!!
 Old 08-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #368

BigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,467 Times in 2,527 Posts
Groans: 76
Groaned at 22 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jdhiatt View Post
@bigjimms6

Hey man,

I kind of wanted to pick your brain about your exhaust. I'm new to the MS3 community coming from the Tiburon community and I must say they are quite different in every aspect. I was going through the exhaust stick on the forum and heard your exhaust and really like that over the Cp-e or CS CBE. I read that yours was completely custom and if I read it right all you had done was a resonator delete/muffler delete and just straight pipe from the Cat up to just Tips at the rear bumper or did you replace the 2nd Cat with a Test Pipe? If you replaced with Test Pipe what did you have the shop do? Cut it out and weld in solid pipe or install one from like CS or Cobb/Cp-E?

I really appreciate the help. I only have a CS SRI/TIP and am looking to get my exhaust re-done. I'm avoiding the lucrative Fuel Pump replacement until I get my suspension/wheel setup done.

Thanks again

I hate not having a high post count....
Yea I went to a local shop had them cut out the muffler/res and put straight pipes. If youve ever seen under a srt-4 the stock exhaust it looks like that.. I went to another shop and had them cut out my 2nd cat and replace it with a 2.5inch pipe. So 2.5inch all the way back the tips are like 3-3.25 inch.
Bolt on's and tune
2015 Taurus S.H.O
Intake/Tune
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Stock
 Old 08-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #369

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by forcedinduktion View Post
I really want to hear one with a catless dp and rp but with stock cbe!!!!
^^+1!! I'm curious how it sounds, or even with the stock exhaust with the res delete mod. I'm trying to avoid buying an exhaust system for my 3.

edit: i just found this real quick on youtube. granted, it's for a Gen 1 but I guess could give some insight on how it sounds.
 Old 08-20-2011, 06:11 PM   #370
Ur moms boyfriend

forcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks like going to have to be the one to make a vid of it.....
 Old 08-20-2011, 06:53 PM   #371
Ur moms boyfriend

Not Ranked  0 score     

Need to find a clip of OBX cbe for 2nd gen

OBX Mazdaspeed3 10 + Catback Exhaust System 2010 NEW | eBay
 Old 08-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #372

dizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,576 Times in 955 Posts
Groans: 64
Groaned at 13 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How is the OBX exhaust so inexpensive?
Cp-e HPFP : JBR 80duro RMM : JBR Special Edition Heavy Shift Knob : JBR EGR Delete : Matt Damond OCC kit : Cobb AP : Cobb DP : Cobb BPV XLE : ETS TMIC : CP-e SRI : Cp-e TIP : Magnaflow CBE : Aeroforce Interceptor Dual Gauge : Blockhead vent pod :PERM Tuned : H&R Springs : TSW Nurburgring 18x8.5 w/ 235/45 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo : DDM 6000k Lows : DDM 3000k Fogs : Corksport LED light kit : 3M 35% color stable tint
 Old 08-20-2011, 09:07 PM   #373

Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed the UR Resonated Test Pipe today. I gotta say that it was exactly what I was looking for. Still has the same exact tone as with the straight test pipe, but not nearly as loud and without the annoying drone. I can use the handsfree bluetooth now and actually hear the person on the other end of the line!

So now I'm running a UR catted downpipe + UR resonated test pipe + CS catback. Post #368 above has a video with the CS straight test pipe.

(Sorry about the cell phone video. My regular camera's battery was dead.)

Old 08-20-2011, 09:27 PM   #374

Not Ranked  0 score     

Forgot to mention that there are no adverse effects in terms of performance with the resonated test pipe. Did a datalog and hit all my targets just the same as with the straight pipe. So UR's claim on their website of "100% straight through flow" is 100% right.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #375

TurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Need to find a clip of OBX cbe for 2nd gen

OBX Mazdaspeed3 10 + Catback Exhaust System 2010 NEW | eBay
Ok so on with this exhaust.

Ok so i guess i will be the first to confirm a purchase.

Just ordered it should be here in a week since im in MD and its coming out of cali.

I have my vacation that following week and it will be installed then unless it arrives this friday I will install it this coming weekend

My guess untill we get true facts that this could be the ultimateracing since they offer the tip differences.

Not calling anyone out but hopefully being a stainless system and hearing nothing but decent things about them this will be a good buy.
 Old 08-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #376

Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks like going to have to be the one to make a vid of it.....
If I went this route, wouldn't be doing it until the spring. At least this video gives some insight on it.

Installed the UR Resonated Test Pipe today. I gotta say that it was exactly what I was looking for. Still has the same exact tone as with the straight test pipe, but not nearly as loud and without the annoying drone. I can use the handsfree bluetooth now and actually hear the person on the other end of the line!

So now I'm running a UR catted downpipe + UR resonated test pipe + CS catback. Post #368 above has a video with the CS straight test pipe.

(Sorry about the cell phone video. My regular camera's battery was dead.)
2011 Mazdaspeed 3 - UR Downpipe + UR Resonated Test Pipe + CS CBE - YouTube
Wow, very impressive. Sounds no different than a TP. I bet it sounds badass in person. Thanks for posting this!
 Old 08-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #377

Monotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,066 Times in 2,314 Posts
Groans: 819
Groaned at 86 Times in 66 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by TurboJew View Post

Just ordered it should be here in a week since im in MD and its coming out of cali.

I have my vacation that following week and it will be installed then unless it arrives this friday I will install it this coming weekend

My guess untill we get true facts that this could be the ultimateracing since they offer the tip differences.

Not calling anyone out but hopefully being a stainless system and hearing nothing but decent things about them this will be a good buy.
I cant fucking wait for your impressions on it
 Old 08-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #378

dizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Forgot to mention that there are no adverse effects in terms of performance with the resonated test pipe. Did a datalog and hit all my targets just the same as with the straight pipe. So UR's claim on their website of "100% straight through flow" is 100% right.
Since I have a cobb dp I obviously can't get the resonated tp but I am wondering if there are any other solutions for someone wanting to go cbe? The stock resonator as far as I can remember is right behind the tp. Is there anyone selling an aftermarket resonator that could be welded into a cat back like the OBX or UR?

Not sure if this is even a solution but I am trying to stay away from drone with this car since I had enough of that shit with my last dd. I really don't mind the stock exhaust but would love a deeper exhaust note.
Cp-e HPFP : JBR 80duro RMM : JBR Special Edition Heavy Shift Knob : JBR EGR Delete : Matt Damond OCC kit : Cobb AP : Cobb DP : Cobb BPV XLE : ETS TMIC : CP-e SRI : Cp-e TIP : Magnaflow CBE : Aeroforce Interceptor Dual Gauge : Blockhead vent pod :PERM Tuned : H&R Springs : TSW Nurburgring 18x8.5 w/ 235/45 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo : DDM 6000k Lows : DDM 3000k Fogs : Corksport LED light kit : 3M 35% color stable tint
 Old 08-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #379

Monotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dizzydtrain View Post
Since I have a cobb dp I obviously can't get the resonated tp but I am wondering if there are any other solutions for someone wanting to go cbe? The stock resonator as far as I can remember is right behind the tp. Is there anyone selling an aftermarket resonator that could be welded into a cat back like the OBX or UR?

Not sure if this is even a solution but I am trying to stay away from drone with this car since I had enough of that shit with my last dd. I really don't mind the stock exhaust but would love a deeper exhaust note.
Vibrant Bottle Style Resonator, 3" inlet/outlet x 12" long 1794
 Old 08-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #380

Not Ranked  0 score     

Tits! Thanks Mono.
 Old 08-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #381

Not Ranked  0 score     

i got your back bro

if its too loud still...throw another one in there...fuck it
 Old 08-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #382
Ur moms boyfriend

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by TurboJew View Post

Good stuff, keep us posted
 Old 08-22-2011, 08:33 AM   #383

TurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default OTHER

Heres my original thread not to jack but if anyones interested in reading whats going on.

Another member bought it aswell we will try to update and get pics and vids up asap.

exhaust
 Old 08-22-2011, 12:21 PM   #384

f-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,044 Times in 427 Posts
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Man, I really like how the CS exhaust sounds, but because the CNT Racing DP has a welded TP section, I don't know how I'm gonna stick a resonator on it so that the sound isn't nearly so deafening.
JBR RSB, Stage2 OCC, Stage 2 SSP, IM TIG, 70D RMM, 70D PMM // DevilsOwn Stage 2 WMI kit + DO7 nozzle (MSF-prize) // COBB AP (Self-tune), XLE BPV // Corksport TMIC, SRI, TIP // Racing Beat Cat-back Exhaust // Denso Iridium ITV22 Spark Plugs // SURE TB TIG // Ultimate Racing Test Pipe // KMD HPFP Internals // TSW Nurburgring 18x7.5 ET45 Matte Black // SWIFT Spec-R Lowering Springs //
 Old 08-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #385

Todd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,674 Times in 629 Posts
Groans: 19
Groaned at 13 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dizzydtrain View Post
How is the OBX exhaust so inexpensive?
Because it is a knockoff made from inferior material and shoddy fabrication. Looks like they bought a genuine UR catback and shipped it to China for "reverse engineering".

IF YOU BUY THIS CRAP YOU CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEATH OF THE MS3 AFTERMARKET!!!

Revenge of the Nerd- Boycott Fakes!
 Old 08-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #386

Todd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the worldTodd98SE is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

7MAR and anyone else that groans this post, what part of NO MORE AFTERMARKET SUPPORT do you not understand? This is the exact type of thing that drives our supporters out of business. Don't be a cheap ass ricer, buy legit parts.
 Old 08-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #387

adlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,952 Times in 4,235 Posts
Groans: 669
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think everyone's entitled to purchase what they want. If they wanna be cheap and buy crappy parts, then they'll learn their own lesson. However, if this company proves to be of somewhat good quality, then they have all the right to grow as any other. All the current companies we purchase from started out small at some point.

Fast cars are for straight lines. Corners are for fast drivers.

2006 Corvette Z06 - AKA "El Zorro"

Sold: 2012 Evolution X GSR - 394awhp / 378awtq

Sold: 2011 MS3 Hypnotic Tuned @ 322whp/370tq
 Old 08-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #388

Not Ranked  0 score     

Have you bothered to even Google OBX? I don't have a problem with cheap crappy parts, people that buy them will learn their lesson eventually. I do have a problem with companies that buy an existing product, build a jig for it, copy it, and sell it for dirt cheap, undercutting and driving the originator out of business.
 Old 08-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #389

adlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,952 Times in 4,235 Posts
Groans: 669
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Listen buddy, you need to calm down. I'm talking about any company in general, not OBX. If their parts are shit, then the customers will find out for themselves. I am just explaining that you probably shouldn't be saying "you should not be buying x product because it is ricer." If they want to buy this copy piece of shit and be cheap, then so be it. They'll find out for themselves and will regret it if it breaks on them.

Fast cars are for straight lines. Corners are for fast drivers.

2006 Corvette Z06 - AKA "El Zorro"

Sold: 2012 Evolution X GSR - 394awhp / 378awtq

Sold: 2011 MS3 Hypnotic Tuned @ 322whp/370tq
 Old 08-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #390

Not Ranked  0 score     

I agree with you wholeheartedly adlpb about buying cheap parts and if they weren't copies I would tell the guy to go for it but I can't stress enough how bad it is to buy knockoffs in this industry. Most of the small time manufacturers cannot endure the economic hardship that copy cat part manufactures place them in and then they go out of business. I witnessed this first hand with Hotshot Performance and OBX had a big hand in their demise.

I offer this scenario: Who would be pissed if I managed to port the Cobb Accessport software over to a generic flashing device, sold it for $200 and drove Cobb out of business because they now cannot recoup their R&D costs on Accessports. So now we lose any firmware updates, 2010/2011 MS3 support, new maps, etc. that Cobb may have eventually come out with. This is what I mean by killing future MS3 development by buying knockoff parts.
 Old 08-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #391

BlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the world
Groans: 15
Groaned at 32 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here is a clip of my racing beat exhaust minus the RB presilencer with a CNT catted downpipe

@bnoon
@bmylez
@qtrmile beast

Ultimate Racing DP V2 flange\35W 6000k DDM HID's\HKS SSQV3 VTA\GTX2867R\Tanabe STB\HTP 3.5" intake\PTP HPFP\UR FMIC\Ultimate Racing turbo-back exhaust\JBR RSB\JBR 80Duro Trilogy mounts\Cobb AP v3\Stage 2\22.5PSI \Sonic Tuning Coilovers\TWM full replacement shifter and SSP\PnP Intake Manifold/CP-e EWG Exhaust Manifold/Tial 44mm EWG

11/10/2012 NATOR DC DYNO day 304Whp/356 FT lbs Tqe Uncorrected
4/13/2013 Mega NATOR Meat Dyno Day 300WHP/ 344ft lbs/wtqe Corrected
 Old 08-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #392

Not Ranked  0 score     

nice dude, has a little bit of a boxer rumble to it.
 Old 08-22-2011, 05:39 PM   #393
Ur moms boyfriend

Not Ranked  0 score     

sounds good

Originally Posted by Todd98SE View Post
I agree with you wholeheartedly adlpb about buying cheap parts and if they weren't copies I would tell the guy to go for it but I can't stress enough how bad it is to buy knockoffs in this industry. Most of the small time manufacturers cannot endure the economic hardship that copy cat part manufactures place them in and then they go out of business. I witnessed this first hand with Hotshot Performance and OBX had a big hand in their demise.

I offer this scenario: Who would be pissed if I managed to port the Cobb Accessport software over to a generic flashing device, sold it for $200 and drove Cobb out of business because they now cannot recoup their R&D costs on Accessports. So now we lose any firmware updates, 2010/2011 MS3 support, new maps, etc. that Cobb may have eventually come out with. This is what I mean by killing future MS3 development by buying knockoff parts.
Quit your bitching, your rambling will now skew anyones opinion on what they want to buy. Do you know how many parts are "knock offs" lol. CNT DP for example, but that shit is legit.
 Old 08-23-2011, 07:58 AM   #394

Not Ranked  0 score     

You guys are missing the whole point. Fuck OBX.
 Old 08-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #395

Broxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,004 Times in 389 Posts
Groans: 90
Groaned at 13 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

In 4 sound clips and reviews. Normally wouldn't buy a knock off but its not like companies spend much on R&D for a CBE. Besides, $800 seems a bit over priced.

SOLD -- 2010 Velocity Mica Red MS3
ATP GTX3071r - Cobb AP(Freek Permed) - CNT Catted DP - UR CBE - DO Stage 2 WMI(80/20) - cp-e TMIC - cp-e xcelXL - cp-e invicid inlet - Grimmspeed MBC - KMD v2.2 hpfp internals - Bosch 3bar MAP - H&R Springs - DDM 6k Raptor Kit - ITV22's - Forge v2 BPV - 225/40/18 Nitto Neogens - SURE RMM
 Old 08-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #396

Not Ranked  0 score     

@CCC has the best sounding exhaust ive ever heard on a mazdaspeed
 Old 08-23-2011, 10:36 PM   #397
CCC

CCC is the leader of the worldCCC is the leader of the worldCCC is the leader of the worldCCC is the leader of the worldCCC is the leader of the worldCCC is the leader of the worldCCC is the leader of the worldCCC is the leader of the worldCCC is the leader of the worldCCC is the leader of the worldCCC is the leader of the world
Groans: 214
Groaned at 15 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Monotonous ONE View Post
@CCC has the best sounding exhaust ive ever heard on a mazdaspeed
Thanks, I am really happy with the way my setup ended up sounding. I was checking my boost and it seemed to be fine with the catless setup too.

I went out for a drive tonight, and the HIDs really are great too, thanks again for your help today with all that stuff.

2010 Speed 3 - Sold
 Old 08-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #398

f-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,044 Times in 427 Posts
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BlueDmnSpeed View Post
Here is a clip of my racing beat exhaust minus the RB presilencer with a CNT catted downpipe

@bnoon
@bmylez
@qtrmile beast

Racing Beat 3" exhaust with CNT high flow Catted DP
I assume this is the one you got? Did the presilencer not fit with the CNT catted DP? How's the sound volume increase over just the CNT DP by itself? Looks like I have a winner here...
JBR RSB, Stage2 OCC, Stage 2 SSP, IM TIG, 70D RMM, 70D PMM // DevilsOwn Stage 2 WMI kit + DO7 nozzle (MSF-prize) // COBB AP (Self-tune), XLE BPV // Corksport TMIC, SRI, TIP // Racing Beat Cat-back Exhaust // Denso Iridium ITV22 Spark Plugs // SURE TB TIG // Ultimate Racing Test Pipe // KMD HPFP Internals // TSW Nurburgring 18x7.5 ET45 Matte Black // SWIFT Spec-R Lowering Springs //
 Old 08-26-2011, 06:49 AM   #399

BlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the world
Groans: 15
Groaned at 32 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@f-castrillo

No it's not that it didn't fit I just asked them to fab a staright pipe instead of the presilencer. Bmylez suggests that if you are going catless then get the presilencer. I say if your not go without the presilencer. As for the sound. I installed the exhaust first then wen and had a shop install my DP. Before the DP it was too quiet but nice and deep. After the DP it go louder but not too loud. Definitely no where near as loud as the UR or CS CBE's.
Ultimate Racing DP V2 flange\35W 6000k DDM HID's\HKS SSQV3 VTA\GTX2867R\Tanabe STB\HTP 3.5" intake\PTP HPFP\UR FMIC\Ultimate Racing turbo-back exhaust\JBR RSB\JBR 80Duro Trilogy mounts\Cobb AP v3\Stage 2\22.5PSI \Sonic Tuning Coilovers\TWM full replacement shifter and SSP\PnP Intake Manifold/CP-e EWG Exhaust Manifold/Tial 44mm EWG

11/10/2012 NATOR DC DYNO day 304Whp/356 FT lbs Tqe Uncorrected
4/13/2013 Mega NATOR Meat Dyno Day 300WHP/ 344ft lbs/wtqe Corrected
 Old 08-29-2011, 07:50 AM   #400

Ex_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

UR CBE is loud as fuck. I like. Neighbors probably hate my morning warmup. lol
JBR stage 2 shift kit
SURE RMM