register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base
>
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base (Gen1 - Gen 2)
> MSF KB - Mazdaspeed 3/6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #401

Scoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 11 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Ex_WRX_driver View Post
UR CBE is loud as fuck. I like. Neighbors probably hate my morning warmup. lol
With only the CBE? Or you have a catless TP and a DP?

New

2012 Mazda2 GS Aluminum Metallic Mica, Corksport rear torsion bar, Corksport H11 Led fog bulbs, Piaa H4 x-treme white bulbs, AWR rmm 70duro....more to come

Wife's car
2011 Mazda2 True Red GS (Touring in the US), wifes car, no mods so far but she want a Corksport CBE, Corksport SRI and a drop in the futur. <-----

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 08-29-2011, 09:10 AM   #402

Ex_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the worldEx_WRX_driver is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
With only the CBE? Or you have a catless TP and a DP?
OEM DP and cat.
JBR stage 2 shift kit
SURE RMM
 Old 08-29-2011, 12:46 PM   #403

Scoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the worldScoobs is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do you have drone with the UR? I love to way it looks but it's my DD so it as to be livable at cruising speed.

New

2012 Mazda2 GS Aluminum Metallic Mica, Corksport rear torsion bar, Corksport H11 Led fog bulbs, Piaa H4 x-treme white bulbs, AWR rmm 70duro....more to come

Wife's car
2011 Mazda2 True Red GS (Touring in the US), wifes car, no mods so far but she want a Corksport CBE, Corksport SRI and a drop in the futur. <-----

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 08-29-2011, 01:03 PM   #404

adlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,952 Times in 4,235 Posts
Groans: 669
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do you have drone with the UR? I love to way it looks but it's my DD so it as to be livable at cruising speed.
I have the UR CBE with the Cobb DP and I don't have any drone, at least nothing that bothers me. Highway cruising is pretty smooth at 75-80mph.

Fast cars are for straight lines. Corners are for fast drivers.

2006 Corvette Z06 - AKA "El Zorro"

Sold: 2012 Evolution X GSR - 394awhp / 378awtq

Sold: 2011 MS3 Hypnotic Tuned @ 322whp/370tq
 Old 08-29-2011, 01:17 PM   #405

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by adlpb View Post
I have the UR CBE with the Cobb DP and I don't have any drone, at least nothing that bothers me. Highway cruising is pretty smooth at 75-80mph.
Fuck ya! That is the set-up I want and no cutting that 2.25" tapered crap on the Magnaflow. Ok, the foot is coming down, Cobb DP + UR CBE! Thanks guys, this is why I love forums, it help to find the right set-up for my needs.

But first, SRI/TIP + Internals + AP!

New

Wife's car

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 08-29-2011, 01:21 PM   #406

dizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,576 Times in 955 Posts
Groans: 64
Groaned at 13 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fuck ya! That is the set-up I want and no cutting that 2.25" tapered crap on the Magnaflow. Ok, the foot is coming down, Cobb DP + UR CBE! Thanks guys, this is why I love forums, it help to find the right set-up for my needs.

But first, SRI/TIP + Internals + AP!
You might as well go for a different dp then since the Cobb one tapers to 2.5 inches at the end as well and that seems to be a point of contention for you.
Cp-e HPFP : JBR 80duro RMM : JBR Special Edition Heavy Shift Knob : JBR EGR Delete : Matt Damond OCC kit : Cobb AP : Cobb DP : Cobb BPV XLE : ETS TMIC : CP-e SRI : Cp-e TIP : Magnaflow CBE : Aeroforce Interceptor Dual Gauge : Blockhead vent pod :PERM Tuned : H&R Springs : TSW Nurburgring 18x8.5 w/ 235/45 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo : DDM 6000k Lows : DDM 3000k Fogs : Corksport LED light kit : 3M 35% color stable tint
 Old 08-29-2011, 01:25 PM   #407

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dizzydtrain View Post
You might as well go for a different dp then since the Cobb one tapers to 2.5 inches at the end as well and that seems to be a point of contention for you.
Lol fuck, ok.....CP-E DP or UR catted DP/UR resonator TP....Why they make shit that tapers down, let it flow.....for fuck sake.

New

Wife's car

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 08-29-2011, 01:30 PM   #408

adlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dizzydtrain View Post
The tapering to 2.5 won't really matter. There's a thread in the gen1 section. Someone with a BT did a dyno with the Cobb tapered down and then fixed to 3 inches. There was only a 1-2 hp difference, which is well within the margin of error of the dyno. Gases compress, this is not like a liquid where you are only as good as your thinnest spot. Of course you wouldn't want to compress it that much, but half an inch is not too big of a deal.

Lol fuck, ok.....CP-E DP or UR catted DP/UR resonator TP....Why they make shit that tapers down, let it flow.....for fuck sake.
They do it that way so it fits the stock exhaust pipe

Old 08-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #409

dizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

You can't go wrong with either. UR claims that keeping the tp/dp seperate increases longevity since the sepearte pieces endure more stress/more flex during wot. I have never heard of a cp-e or cobb dp breaking, I could be wrong.

As far as the tapering; I believe Cobb has said that once you get to the point in the exhaust stream, the 2.5inch tapering won't have an effect on the flow. I believe the reason the dp does taper down is because they wanted to make it compatible with the stock exhaust.

I am sure they know what they are talking about--stock turbo, I don't see it being an issue, BT it probably will interfere with gains, although minimal.

The tapering to 2.5 won't really matter. There's a thread in the gen1 section. Someone with a BT did a dyno with the Cobb tapered down and then fixed to 3 inches. There was only a 1-2 hp difference, which is well within the margin of error of the dyno. Gases compress, this is not like a liquid where you are only as good as your thinnest spot. Of course you wouldn't want to compress it that much, but half an inch is not too big of a deal.

They do it that way so it fits the stock exhaust pipe
I agree with you. I have the cobb dp--just pointing it out for the poster above since he was so caught up with diameter of pipes and what not.
Cp-e HPFP : JBR 80duro RMM : JBR Special Edition Heavy Shift Knob : JBR EGR Delete : Matt Damond OCC kit : Cobb AP : Cobb DP : Cobb BPV XLE : ETS TMIC : CP-e SRI : Cp-e TIP : Magnaflow CBE : Aeroforce Interceptor Dual Gauge : Blockhead vent pod :PERM Tuned : H&R Springs : TSW Nurburgring 18x8.5 w/ 235/45 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo : DDM 6000k Lows : DDM 3000k Fogs : Corksport LED light kit : 3M 35% color stable tint
 Old 08-29-2011, 01:39 PM   #410

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks, you're right....I'll see, but I think my mind is set on the CBE. The DP, well, may as well get all my stuff from UR. They're just 7hrs away from my house and no borders to cross.

New

Wife's car

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 08-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #411

Not Ranked  0 score     

The good thing about the Cobb DP is that, although it is not cheap, it is well developed and the 02 sensors are not placed where they create CEL's. CNT, CS and the early version of UR do this.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #412

Not Ranked  0 score     

The good thing about the Cobb DP is that, although it is not cheap, it is well developed and the 02 sensors are not placed where they create CEL's. CNT, CS and the early version of UR.
Good point, I don't want a CEL. Ok, now for the funds....OT here I come!

New

Wife's car

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 08-29-2011, 08:17 PM   #413

f-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,044 Times in 427 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Valid point, I had to disable the CEL in ATR for my CNT DP. But truthfully, I never left it disabled long enough to know if I would've definitely thrown a CEL with my particular setup.
JBR RSB, Stage2 OCC, Stage 2 SSP, IM TIG, 70D RMM, 70D PMM // DevilsOwn Stage 2 WMI kit + DO7 nozzle (MSF-prize) // COBB AP (Self-tune), XLE BPV // Corksport TMIC, SRI, TIP // Racing Beat Cat-back Exhaust // Denso Iridium ITV22 Spark Plugs // SURE TB TIG // Ultimate Racing Test Pipe // KMD HPFP Internals // TSW Nurburgring 18x7.5 ET45 Matte Black // SWIFT Spec-R Lowering Springs //
 Old 08-30-2011, 03:11 PM   #414

tomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I won't say anything new but maybe somebody's interested. The other day I installed Magnaflow CBE and it probably sounds pretty good but I can't tell cause I can't hear it. Seriously though, it's pretty good, deeper and nicer sound then stock CBE and it looks better too. Although I'd like just a little more sound from it and it would be perfect for me.
 Old 08-30-2011, 04:35 PM   #415

f-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I know on a stock setup, changing the cat-back for an aftermarket piece doesn't really do anything but change the sound, and that the big gains come from turbo back systems or downpipes that utilize high flow cats and/or deleting cats. But if I already have a higher flowing DP (in my case, the CNT catted DP), will an aftermarket cat-back (considering the Racing Beat) do anything for me? Flow more g/s (i.e. more powaaa), speed up turbo spool, decrease amount of WGDC needed to hit x.xx psi of boost, etc.?
JBR RSB, Stage2 OCC, Stage 2 SSP, IM TIG, 70D RMM, 70D PMM // DevilsOwn Stage 2 WMI kit + DO7 nozzle (MSF-prize) // COBB AP (Self-tune), XLE BPV // Corksport TMIC, SRI, TIP // Racing Beat Cat-back Exhaust // Denso Iridium ITV22 Spark Plugs // SURE TB TIG // Ultimate Racing Test Pipe // KMD HPFP Internals // TSW Nurburgring 18x7.5 ET45 Matte Black // SWIFT Spec-R Lowering Springs //
 Old 08-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #416

Not Ranked  0 score     

Even with a downpipe, you will only gain about 3hp. It is only recommended for BT.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #417

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by tomek_46 View Post
I won't say anything new but maybe somebody's interested. The other day I installed Magnaflow CBE and it probably sounds pretty good but I can't tell cause I can't hear it. Seriously though, it's pretty good, deeper and nicer sound then stock CBE and it looks better too. Although I'd like just a little more sound from it and it would be perfect for me.
As asked before, if you don't have a dp then the sound won't be much different. DP is the most restrictive part of the exhaust system for this car and it's where all the power is.

Originally Posted by f-castrillo View Post
I know on a stock setup, changing the cat-back for an aftermarket piece doesn't really do anything but change the sound, and that the big gains come from turbo back systems or downpipes that utilize high flow cats and/or deleting cats. But if I already have a higher flowing DP (in my case, the CNT catted DP), will an aftermarket cat-back (considering the Racing Beat) do anything for me? Flow more g/s (i.e. more powaaa), speed up turbo spool, decrease amount of WGDC needed to hit x.xx psi of boost, etc.?
Technically no, you won't gain much besides in sound. As adlpb said, the dp is the key component to making power in this car. Everything past that initial cat is really negligible in gains.

Even with a downpipe, you will only gain about 3hp. It is only recommended for BT.
Truth. It's mostly additional sound. Although Nataphen has provided some logs where he was seeing additional maf/g's in his log. HP/$ ratio is just shit in cbe department for our cars.
 Old 08-30-2011, 05:06 PM   #418

gfather has a reputation beyond reputegfather has a reputation beyond reputegfather has a reputation beyond reputegfather has a reputation beyond reputegfather has a reputation beyond reputegfather has a reputation beyond reputegfather has a reputation beyond reputegfather has a reputation beyond reputegfather has a reputation beyond reputegfather has a reputation beyond reputegfather has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Is there a way I can remove the res from a gen1? If so what do I need to buy to do that? Anyone have a video of gen one with res removed?
2008.5 Mica Black MS3::Cobb SRI::Cobb AP::Cobb TIP::Turbox Race Pipe::Autotech Internals::TRZ Rear Motor Mount::Forge BPV:rosport Boost Gauge::Jbarone Shift Plate::TWM SS::CNT CBE::21% Window Tint with limo visor
 Old 08-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #419

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by gfather View Post
Is there a way I can remove the res from a gen1? If so what do I need to buy to do that? Anyone have a video of gen one with res removed?
There is this thing called YouTube, that would be a good start.

All you need to do is have a muffler shop cut out the resonator and weld in a straight pipe in it's place. If I recall Gen1 has 2 resonators...this is the Gen2 section so I might not have a definitive answer for you.
 Old 08-30-2011, 06:50 PM   #420

Not Ranked  0 score     

So if the DP has the biggest restrictions, what's the next bottleneck to get rid of? Stock exmani for a DnP or Steedspeed? Or are those pretty useless mods until you go BT?

Sent from my Thunderbolt (Tapatalk)
 Old 08-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #421

DONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,191 Times in 994 Posts
Groans: 266
Groaned at 83 Times in 60 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by tomek_46 View Post
Get a DP and it will be loud when you get on it, and stockish when just cruising....how do you like your 2.25inch exhaust????? Can you say MZ3
Blk 2010 MS3\\ Cobb AP Perm Tuned\ Autotech hpfp internals\ COBB intake \ Cobb Turbo Inlet \ Forge Bpv \ Cp-e DP \ Actual 3inch Magnaflow Exhaust \ Cp-e RMM \ JBR PMM \ ETS 3.5" TMIC \ Denso Iridium Power ITV22 \ JBR SSP and Bushings \ TWM Flat Black Piston Shift Knob\ Menzari Inferno Blk Wheels\ Eibach Pro-Kit Springs\ Koni Yellows \ Custom Painted Tanabe Strut Tower \ Red Corksport Boost Tubes and Bypass Valve Hose\ Black Badges \ DDM 5K HID, Fogs 3K yellow \ Shark Fin \\Audio \ Pioneer DD Touch Screen x920BT4 \ Alpine Type R 6.5" Components and 5x10 Speakers Powered by a 4 Channel 1600 Watt Avionxx Digital Amp \ 10" JLW3 Sub Powered by a 1 Channel 1000 watt Avionxx Digital Amp \ Prosport Prem. Boost and Oil Pressure Gauges \ Blockhead Dual Gauge Pod \\ Im thinking meth next.
 Old 08-31-2011, 07:27 AM   #422

specvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,539 Times in 800 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 54 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So if the DP has the biggest restrictions, what's the next bottleneck to get rid of? Stock exmani for a DnP or Steedspeed? Or are those pretty useless mods until you go BT?

Sent from my Thunderbolt (Tapatalk)
I loved the DNP manifold. I thought it felt better than the DP. This was on my gen1...but the only reason I had it done was cause the dealership was cool with replacing it for me for free when they put in a new turbo.. If you are doing the mani, might as well get a reworked k04 at the least since the install is a PITA.
 Old 08-31-2011, 07:43 AM   #423

IshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,854 Posts
Groans: 278
Groaned at 533 Times in 425 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by adrager622 View Post
^^+1!! I'm curious how it sounds, or even with the stock exhaust with the res delete mod. I'm trying to avoid buying an exhaust system for my 3.

edit: i just found this real quick on youtube. granted, it's for a Gen 1 but I guess could give some insight on how it sounds.
Mazdaspeed 3 Ebay Catless DownPipe 1 Resonator Delete 3 - YouTube
thats my car. the vids could have been better but we were trying to hurry before the cops showed up
 Old 08-31-2011, 07:44 AM   #424

tomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by donotbugme View Post
Get a DP and it will be loud when you get on it, and stockish when just cruising....how do you like your 2.25inch exhaust????? Can you say MZ3
Yeah, it will sound good but with DP I will have to get few more things and I didn't plan any mods If you're asking me about 2.25 inch bottleneck, I don't care about it. It's not high revving NA engine.
 Old 08-31-2011, 08:00 AM   #425

adrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the world
Groans: 46
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 240mazspd3 View Post
thats my car. the vids could have been better but we were trying to hurry before the cops showed up
Haha. It sounds good nonetheless. I'm sure it sounds much better in person.
 Old 08-31-2011, 08:05 AM   #426

IshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,854 Posts
Groans: 278
Groaned at 533 Times in 425 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah. i need to upgrade the radio on my phone. the quality is terrible
 Old 08-31-2011, 10:35 AM   #427

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by specvspeedfreak View Post
I loved the DNP manifold. I thought it felt better than the DP. This was on my gen1...but the only reason I had it done was cause the dealership was cool with replacing it for me for free when they put in a new turbo.. If you are doing the mani, might as well get a reworked k04 at the least since the install is a PITA.
Did you measure any gains on a dyno, or note any drop in WGDC required to hold boost? I'd be interested in a DnP or Steedspeed exmani, except I don't really plan on doing anything with our stock K04 anytime soon.
 Old 08-31-2011, 11:52 AM   #428

specvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did you measure any gains on a dyno, or note any drop in WGDC required to hold boost? I'd be interested in a DnP or Steedspeed exmani, except I don't really plan on doing anything with our stock K04 anytime soon.
no logs or dyno. I was running fully bolted without any tune or HPFP, didn't have any issues other than fuelcut once in while.

I say get it.. that would be the next step according to your mods.. then perm tune.
 Old 08-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #429

rghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,163 Times in 1,330 Posts
Groans: 263
Groaned at 73 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got a CS TP and UR CBE and it sounds good, but i want loudness. so, i ordered the CNT Catless DP.

Should be here next week. ill post some vids of before and after.

Oh and personally i think @adlpb has the best sounding Genpu. That thing sounds like pure sex.

hey, got any vids u u going WOT? would love to see em

2004 EVO 8 Green Monster The "7up"
 Old 08-31-2011, 07:17 PM   #430

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rghispanic88 View Post
I got a CS TP and UR CBE and it sounds good, but i want loudness. so, i ordered the CNT Catless DP.

Should be here next week. ill post some vids of before and after.

Oh and personally i think @adlpb has the best sounding Genpu. That thing sounds like pure sex.

hey, got any vids u u going WOT? would love to see em
You got it. I'll record soon. Although I don't have any of those fancy HDPro cameras that mount to the back of my car. So it'll have to be shot from the inside and a roll from the ground.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:27 PM   #431

Airman3454 is the leader of the worldAirman3454 is the leader of the worldAirman3454 is the leader of the worldAirman3454 is the leader of the worldAirman3454 is the leader of the worldAirman3454 is the leader of the worldAirman3454 is the leader of the worldAirman3454 is the leader of the worldAirman3454 is the leader of the worldAirman3454 is the leader of the worldAirman3454 is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So a little off topic but I noticed with my CS CBE that the drivers side exhaust tip hangs considerably lower than the passenger side. Is there a way to fix this? I tried bending the hanger but to no avail..
 Old 08-31-2011, 09:18 PM   #432

rghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

You got it. I'll record soon. Although I don't have any of those fancy HDPro cameras that mount to the back of my car. So it'll have to be shot from the inside and a roll from the ground.
oh, ill be waiting. that shit is sexy.
Originally Posted by Airman3454 View Post
So a little off topic but I noticed with my CS CBE that the drivers side exhaust tip hangs considerably lower than the passenger side. Is there a way to fix this? I tried bending the hanger but to no avail..
get some corksport hangers, heard they are good

Old 09-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #433

Not Ranked  0 score     

BTW, is there any genpu runnin catless dp, TP, with an aftermarket exhaust system?

want some clues to what my car will sound like

Old 09-02-2011, 09:29 PM   #434

Not Ranked  0 score     

hopefully I will get DP done tomorrow. My setup will be gutted main and second cat with stock exhaust for now.

Ill will post a video when install is complete.
 Old 09-03-2011, 01:59 AM   #435

Not Ranked  0 score     

Does anyone have a Racing Beat catback that can note the difference in volume between the stock CB and RB CBE? I read somewhere that the RB CBE doesn't drone like the stock CBE, and I'm curious as to if the presilencer on the RB unit lowers volume more than stock.

I installed JBR's PMM today, and it made my in-cabin exhaust noise louder.
 Old 09-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #436

Not Ranked  0 score     

Does anyone have a Racing Beat catback that can note the difference in volume between the stock CB and RB CBE? I read somewhere that the RB CBE doesn't drone like the stock CBE, and I'm curious as to if the presilencer on the RB unit lowers volume more than stock.

I installed JBR's PMM today, and it made my in-cabin exhaust noise louder.
Racing Beat is an axle back not a cat-back. Better to get a full cat-back with your DP.

New

Wife's car

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 09-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #437

Not Ranked  0 score     

Racing Beat is an axle back not a cat-back. Better to get a full cat-back with your DP.
wrong... its a catback
 Old 09-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #438

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ah yes it is I was thinking of Borla, my bad!

New

Wife's car

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 09-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #439

Not Ranked  0 score     

Gutted both cats and oem exhaust. To tell you the truth I thought it would of been louder but it's not. Before this I had gutted TP only and i was able to tell a difference right away. After the install it sounded the same so i panicked thinking i put the same cat i just took off ...but that wasn't the case. lol (i had an extra cat already gutted waiting for the install.

I haven't heard the car from outside myself and my lab top speakers suck (i get no base).. let me know what you guys think.

this is when it was gutted 2nd cat only.

Old 09-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #440

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by specvspeedfreak View Post
Gutted both cats and oem exhaust. To tell you the truth I thought it would of been louder but it's not. Before this I had gutted TP only and i was able to tell a difference right away. After the install it sounded the same so i panicked cause thinking i put the same cat i just took off ...but that wasn't the case. lol (i had an extra cat already gutted waiting for the install.

I haven't heard the car from outside myself and my lab top speakers suck (i get no base).. let me know what you guys think.
MVI 2188 - YouTube
Sounds stock to me