register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base
>
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base (Gen1 - Gen 2)
> MSF KB - Mazdaspeed 3/6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-03-2011, 01:55 PM   #441

specvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,539 Times in 800 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 54 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah i need an exhaust now lol.. I really thought this would of uncorked the sound. but no, not with oem exhaust.
 Old 09-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #442

adlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,952 Times in 4,235 Posts
Groans: 669
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think you would have seen some change if you properly replaced your DP/TP

Fast cars are for straight lines. Corners are for fast drivers.

2006 Corvette Z06 - AKA "El Zorro"

Sold: 2012 Evolution X GSR - 394awhp / 378awtq

Sold: 2011 MS3 Hypnotic Tuned @ 322whp/370tq
 Old 09-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #443

specvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

don't think so..not if the rest of my exhaust is stock.
 Old 09-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #444

adlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well I don't know how loud you want it, but I know that a catted DP and a TP do make a deeper sound on a stock exhaust

Old 09-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #445

Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah its louder and deeper than stock for sure.. I have no real complaints other than I want to hear the exhaust from the rear when i get on it. i'll probably go magnaflow or RB since I want it quiet but just more distinct i guess.
 Old 09-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #446

f-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,044 Times in 427 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So are any of the existing cat backs have sound levels similar to stock? I know Borla has been a quieter ssetup historically, and Racing Beat seems rather quiet as well. I'm looking for an increase in grumble/burbling instead of volume

Sent from my Thunderbolt (Tapatalk)
JBR RSB, Stage2 OCC, Stage 2 SSP, IM TIG, 70D RMM, 70D PMM // DevilsOwn Stage 2 WMI kit + DO7 nozzle (MSF-prize) // COBB AP (Self-tune), XLE BPV // Corksport TMIC, SRI, TIP // Racing Beat Cat-back Exhaust // Denso Iridium ITV22 Spark Plugs // SURE TB TIG // Ultimate Racing Test Pipe // KMD HPFP Internals // TSW Nurburgring 18x7.5 ET45 Matte Black // SWIFT Spec-R Lowering Springs //
 Old 09-03-2011, 09:02 PM   #447

DONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,191 Times in 994 Posts
Groans: 266
Groaned at 83 Times in 60 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by f-castrillo View Post
So are any of the existing cat backs have sound levels similar to stock? I know Borla has been a quieter ssetup historically, and Racing Beat seems rather quiet as well. I'm looking for an increase in grumble/burbling instead of volume

magnaflow....(gimme your meth kit), look a few pages back i have a cold start video on this thread
Blk 2010 MS3\\ Cobb AP Perm Tuned\ Autotech hpfp internals\ COBB intake \ Cobb Turbo Inlet \ Forge Bpv \ Cp-e DP \ Actual 3inch Magnaflow Exhaust \ Cp-e RMM \ JBR PMM \ ETS 3.5" TMIC \ Denso Iridium Power ITV22 \ JBR SSP and Bushings \ TWM Flat Black Piston Shift Knob\ Menzari Inferno Blk Wheels\ Eibach Pro-Kit Springs\ Koni Yellows \ Custom Painted Tanabe Strut Tower \ Red Corksport Boost Tubes and Bypass Valve Hose\ Black Badges \ DDM 5K HID, Fogs 3K yellow \ Shark Fin \\Audio \ Pioneer DD Touch Screen x920BT4 \ Alpine Type R 6.5" Components and 5x10 Speakers Powered by a 4 Channel 1600 Watt Avionxx Digital Amp \ 10" JLW3 Sub Powered by a 1 Channel 1000 watt Avionxx Digital Amp \ Prosport Prem. Boost and Oil Pressure Gauges \ Blockhead Dual Gauge Pod \\ Im thinking meth next.
 Old 09-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #448

corwyn09 has a spectacular aura aboutcorwyn09 has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

i went to a local muffler shop the other day and had him take off the resonator and the muffler. he did a really good job on the welds, considering it was still on the car, and ran it out one of the exits. sounds SICK. doesn't drone at all on the highway but when you get on it, it's super throaty. i imagine it sounds a lot like the corksport but if anyone wants a vid, just let me know
 Old 09-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #449

f-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the worldf-castrillo is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

The drone/resonance with the CNT DP and the stock CBE is pretty harsh around 3000 RPM, and has been magnified quite a bit now with the JBR PMM. I'm tempted to switch out to a Racing Beat exhaust, to eliminate drone and also get myself a nice growl lol.

Also, since the PMM install required me to support/jack the engine slightly, I wonder if that made a little leak where the midpipe mates to the stock CBE (the donut gasket). I had a pretty stark increase in volume that nobody in the PMM threads have seemed to mention. My donut gasket is held in place by tension only, I don't have the adapter flange just yet. But I ordered it the other day from CNT and is en route now, so I'll be putting the car back on jack stands to install the flange and properly support the donut gasket.
JBR RSB, Stage2 OCC, Stage 2 SSP, IM TIG, 70D RMM, 70D PMM // DevilsOwn Stage 2 WMI kit + DO7 nozzle (MSF-prize) // COBB AP (Self-tune), XLE BPV // Corksport TMIC, SRI, TIP // Racing Beat Cat-back Exhaust // Denso Iridium ITV22 Spark Plugs // SURE TB TIG // Ultimate Racing Test Pipe // KMD HPFP Internals // TSW Nurburgring 18x7.5 ET45 Matte Black // SWIFT Spec-R Lowering Springs //
 Old 09-05-2011, 06:15 AM   #450

wolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,558 Times in 1,132 Posts
Groans: 386
Groaned at 12 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Upgrading your mounts will definitely increase cabin noise.

I don't think swapping to the RB exhaust is going to help your noise problem either, lol.
 Old 09-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #451

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by wolly6973 View Post
Upgrading your mounts will definitely increase cabin noise.

I don't think swapping to the RB exhaust is going to help your noise problem either, lol.
Lol damn, just trying to find an excuse to replace the cat back. After driving some 200 miles with the PMM, I realize it's just the 3000 RPM drone that I want reduced. Curious if DnP or Steedspeed exmani would do that for me

Old 09-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #452

tomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond reputetomek_46 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Magnaflow eliminated drone to zero in my case but I got stock DP so I don't know if that'll help you.
 Old 09-05-2011, 01:31 PM   #453

Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah man.. people think that all catbacks will make it louder inside/outside.. not true.. I know for a fact that on my gen 1, my RB exhaust was quieter than stock inside/outside (and I had a DP/ex. mani and no resonators)....that annoying drone and interior volume was all gone. the shit you heard was from the rear only...Seems like Magnaflow is that way too...

this was my gen1 ..not be best sounding, but it was nice.. I have to say resonator removed,DP, stock muffler sounded nice..but it was annoying.... You can get the muffler only from RB for the gen2 for like 165 or a magnaflow muffler for like 80shipped (transverse type like we need).it's a little too much chop for me but I might go that route till I can afford to get a full catback.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #454

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by specvspeedfreak View Post
yeah man.. people think that all catbacks will make it louder inside/outside.. not true.. I know for a fact that on my gen 1, my RB exhaust was quieter than stock inside/outside (and I had a DP/ex. mani and no resonators)....that annoying drone and interior volume was all gone. the shit you heard was from the rear only...Seems like Magnaflow is that way too...

this was my gen1 ..not be best sounding, but it was nice.. I have to say resonator removed,DP, stock muffler sounded nice..but it was annoying.... You can get the muffler only from RB for the gen2 for like 165 or a magnaflow muffler for like 80shipped (transverse type like we need).it's a little too much chop for me but I might go that route till I can afford to get a full catback.

mazdaspeed 3 RB muffler w/ catless DP - YouTube
What kind of DP and exmani did you have? Catless or catted setup?

Old 09-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #455

Not Ranked  0 score     

catless Stainless Works downpipe and DNP mani.
 Old 09-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #456

Not Ranked  0 score     

catless Stainless Works downpipe and DNP mani.
And the drone disappeared with the mani? Or the RB catback?

Old 09-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #457

Not Ranked  0 score     

And the drone disappeared with the mani? Or the RB catback?

i dont remember if the mani did anything for the noise.. it was the RB muffler from their catback..not the catback itself.
 Old 09-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #458

Not Ranked  0 score     

i dont remember if the mani did anything for the noise.. it was the RB muffler from their catback..not the catback itself.
Now I'm really considering the full cat back... but I wonder of the RB pre silencer is going to help or hurt the cause (versus the stock resonator). I say this because you only went with the muffler, and the full cat back also includes the pre silencer

Old 09-05-2011, 05:17 PM   #459

wolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have the CNT dp & Magnaflow Catback. It is a pretty good combo IMO.
No drone, and decent sound. I just wish for a little more at WOT.

I didn't have drone with the stock system, so all I can say is that it is a little deeper and a little more volume over stock.
 Old 09-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #460

Monotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,066 Times in 2,314 Posts
Groans: 819
Groaned at 86 Times in 66 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i wanna do a custom exhaust cause i want cheap but im having a hard time finding a muffler

I want one that has single inlet and then dual outlets on opposite sides

i thought flowmaster had one

i wanted 3 inch inlet and outlets but i dunno if thats gonna happen...i think all the dual outlet mufflers have 2.5 inch outlets.

anyone with insight?
 Old 09-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #461

Not Ranked  0 score     

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/imag...nfiJPEG(1).jpg

we have a SC configuration on the link above. it also called transverse style... or look up camaro style muffler and you should find it..Which one are u talkin about? I dont get your configuration lol.

edit: I see u edited your post. I think your talking about what gen2 already has, which is what i have stated above...
 Old 09-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #462

Not Ranked  0 score     

Magnaflow has one with a 3" in, but 2.5" out. I think that would be plenty...

MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles
 Old 09-06-2011, 08:06 AM   #463

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Monotonous ONE View Post
i wanna do a custom exhaust cause i want cheap but im having a hard time finding a muffler

I want one that has single inlet and then dual outlets on opposite sides

i thought flowmaster had one

i wanted 3 inch inlet and outlets but i dunno if thats gonna happen...i think all the dual outlet mufflers have 2.5 inch outlets.

anyone with insight?
It's been dyno proven in the gen1 section that even with BT, a 3in vs. 2.5in tapered section makes little to no difference (within the margin of error of the dyno).

Old 09-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #464

Monotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,066 Times in 2,314 Posts
Groans: 819
Groaned at 86 Times in 66 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/imag...nfiJPEG(1).jpg

we have a SC configuration on the link above. it also called transverse style... or look up camaro style muffler and you should find it..Which one are u talkin about? I dont get your configuration lol.

edit: I see u edited your post. I think your talking about what gen2 already has, which is what i have stated above...
I tried to make a little diagram to show what i was talking about. That SC configuration is what im looking for. It is stocklike. Also it is CP-E like. I want to be able to have a simple pipe configuration. I like the cpe.

Originally Posted by wolly6973 View Post
Magnaflow has one with a 3" in, but 2.5" out. I think that would be plenty...

MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles
Agreed. And thank you.

Originally Posted by adlpb View Post
It's been dyno proven in the gen1 section that even with BT, a 3in vs. 2.5in tapered section makes little to no difference (within the margin of error of the dyno).
Yea as long as it is mostly 3 inch...if it divides into two separate 2.5 inch sections thats no problem. ITS LIKE 5 INCH EXHAUST BRO.
 Old 09-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #465

Not Ranked  0 score     

So I pulled the trigger and bought the Racing Beat cat-back for my genpu. Should be here in a few days. I figured I was gonna finish up the exhaust-side of modding eventually, so why not do it sooner than later?

Now my only questions relate to the turbo/exhaust mani. DNP and Steedspeed still look like the most viable options available IMO. But are there noticable gains to be had from either manifold at all on the stock K04? Or am I better off just sticking with the stock mani for now?
 Old 09-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #466

Not Ranked  0 score     

So I pulled the trigger and bought the Racing Beat cat-back for my genpu. Should be here in a few days. I figured I was gonna finish up the exhaust-side of modding eventually, so why not do it sooner than later?

Now my only questions relate to the turbo/exhaust mani. DNP and Steedspeed still look like the most viable options available IMO. But are there noticable gains to be had from either manifold at all on the stock K04? Or am I better off just sticking with the stock mani for now?
i loved my DNP.. I say look into the install first cause it can be hard if its your first time... not really hard but u just have to drop the turbo..
 Old 09-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #467

Not Ranked  0 score     

Unless you plan on going BT, the stock manifolds should be fine for the k04.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:03 PM   #468

Not Ranked  0 score     

i loved my DNP.. I say look into the install first cause it can be hard if its your first time... not really hard but u just have to drop the turbo..
Did you measure any gains from the DNP? I like that it's less $$$ than the Steedspeed unit. What do you mean by "drop the turbo"? I've done the DP install already, so I'm pretty familiar with how much of a PITA it is to work in that area

Originally Posted by adlpb View Post
Unless you plan on going BT, the stock manifolds should be fine for the k04.
Not anytime soon, but when I do, I'd like to stick to a BT that reuses the stock turbo location. I'm all for as little fabrication work as possible
 Old 09-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #469

Wolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 5
Not Ranked  0 score     

great collection of exhaust videos!
 Old 09-06-2011, 02:17 PM   #470

Not Ranked  0 score     

Did you measure any gains from the DNP? I like that it's less $$$ than the Steedspeed unit. What do you mean by "drop the turbo"? I've done the DP install already, so I'm pretty familiar with how much of a PITA it is to work in that area
I think I have mentioned this.. I never got it dyno'd.. just felt as good if not better than the DP to me.

DP is easy. I never did the install since I had it replaced for free when the dealer changed the turbo...but from what i have read you need to lower "drop" the turbo to get the manifold off...if I get a good deal on another mani, I will probably get it.. it just makes sense to upgrade the turbo while you're done there since its right there.
 Old 09-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #471

Not Ranked  0 score     

Hum, I vaguely remember asking about exmani gains too. Was it you I asked? Long term memory loss FTL lol

Ill just stick with the stock mani for now. When I go BT, I'll change it out.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #472

Not Ranked  0 score     

So I have the RB CBE installed now. It's noticably quieter than stock in-cabin, though you can still hear the deep growl of it. It sounds deeper/more growl from the outside. You can hear the difference in sound further into the RPM range.

Forgive the video quality. I took it using my trusty Thunderbolt, and all I could do is set it on the sidewalk with the kickstand up. There is much more growl to the tone than there was vs. stock.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #473

Not Ranked  0 score     

So I have the RB CBE installed now. It's noticably quieter than stock in-cabin, though you can still hear the deep growl of it. It sounds deeper/more growl from the outside. You can hear the difference in sound further into the RPM range.

Forgive the video quality. I took it using my trusty Thunderbolt, and all I could do is set it on the sidewalk with the kickstand up. There is much more growl to the tone than there was vs. stock.
yeah knew it would be quieter inside.. I can't tell much from listening to it from my lousy laptop but im sure you will like it more than stock.I mean no real noise comes out of oem exhaust, even after DP.

I think I will be going with a muffler only (probably magnaflow) and stay that way for a while or just keep it. depends how much i like...I have other priorities so I just can't be spending a ton of money on my cars anymore.. gotta keep this a budget build
 Old 09-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #474

Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah knew it would be quieter inside.. I can't tell much from listening to it from my lousy laptop but im sure you will like it more than stock.I mean no real noise comes out of oem exhaust, even after DP.

I think I will be going with a muffler only (probably magnaflow) and stay that way for a while or just keep it. depends how much i like...I have other priorities so I just can't be spending a ton of money on my cars anymore.. gotta keep this a budget build
If I could compare the OEM exhaust noise to anything, it sounds more like a deep hum throughout the RPM band. The DP added a lot more volume and a little more growl, and the Racing Beat piece lowered the in-cabin volume and increased the overall growl.

Here's the best video of the stock CBE & DP that represents my description that I could find

Old 09-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #475

Not Ranked  0 score     

lol.. yeah i know what it sounds like. I basically have that setup (just gutted cats over a true DP)...and I have a video clip too.. is my video clip not worthy enough? lol j/k
 Old 09-09-2011, 05:33 PM   #476

Not Ranked  0 score     

There's so many video clips floating in this thread I can't remember what's been posted already lol
 Old 09-10-2011, 03:17 AM   #477

TurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond reputeTurboJew has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Old 09-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #478
COOL STORY BRO

Hamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,207 Times in 1,171 Posts
Groans: 179
Groaned at 179 Times in 30 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

For anyone running OBX... It will rattle pretty bad, EASY fix! It's where the axle back goes around the rear tow hooks under the car, so what I did was cut up some old radiator hose (you can use garden hose) and zip tied it to the hooks facing the exhaust, I have exhaust wrap around the pipe as well but you should be more than fine with just hose, I recommend the radiator hose, it should be able to take the heat! Good luck!

JBR 3.5" WHALE PENIS-su tmic- sure track urethane rmm- corksport catless 3" downpipe- ultimate racing tp-OBX 3" cat back -rally armor urethane flaps-Cobb Accessport FINKLE TUNED-sure shift anchors-autotech hpfp internals-HKS BOV VTA -jbr heavy shift knob- 245-40-r18 Falken 329's-paint matched uber smiley
ZOOM ZOOM BOOM
 Old 09-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #479

myslow1 is the leader of the worldmyslow1 is the leader of the worldmyslow1 is the leader of the worldmyslow1 is the leader of the worldmyslow1 is the leader of the worldmyslow1 is the leader of the worldmyslow1 is the leader of the worldmyslow1 is the leader of the worldmyslow1 is the leader of the worldmyslow1 is the leader of the worldmyslow1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 23
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

There's so many video clips floating in this thread I can't remember what's been posted already lol
lol! Most of them are on the first page... I dont have time to do it this week, but I will go through the thread this weekend and move more to the first post.

Jack Stand Race Car - 1991 Aquamarine Pearl MR2.
 Old 09-12-2011, 04:09 PM   #480

notmyname is just really nicenotmyname is just really nicenotmyname is just really nicenotmyname is just really nicenotmyname is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

I installed the CS cat-back two days ago. The install went pretty well--no big issues. Fitment is good and the included instructions were good. I've driven about 100 miles with it so far. Drone is pretty bad at around 3000-3500 RPMs. I'll be installing a UR resonated TP and DP soon. I hope the resonated TP reduces the drone.

Basically, I love the sound in skeurton's videos, and so I ordered the same parts.