register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base
>
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base (Gen1 - Gen 2)
> MSF KB - Mazdaspeed 3/6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-15-2009, 08:27 PM   #1

aaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,455 Times in 2,594 Posts
Groans: 370
Groaned at 171 Times in 143 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Injector Seals Replaced

Ok so me, baloon (baluums3), and brandon (sls ms3) replaced my injector seals this weekend. All said and done everything went well and fixed my "rattle" or "pop" at WOT. Car runs flawless now. Thanks to darksun and palerider and all the others who helped me pinpoint my issue to the injectors and not waste $100 on these things. Also Mark @ SU is the man. He knew I needed some... they came in a few days early so he gave me a call on my cell so I could get em shipped out that day! And of course to the guys who helped with the install!

We went ahead and did the EGR delete while we were there, and it was obvious how much of a POS that EGR system is. I have 2 catch cans and been running meth for quite awhile and it was still pretty nasty...right around the EGR. It was funny because the front side of the throttle body was perfectly clean, the back side was gross (right by EGR). Also the valves and stuff are pretty nasty, we tried loosening it a little by putting some seafoam on...who knows how much it helped though. I will probably be seafoaming more often now to try and help loosen and break up the carbon buildup.

It was kind of a bitch getting everything off, especially the fuel rail and injectors and such. But we finally got it all off. The other 3 injector seals looked alright, but we replaced all of them while we were there.

By the time we were putting everything back together it was like 1 or 2 AM, so a few dumb mistakes were made...kind of funny. First time we started it back up it idled and ran fine... I revved it 3 times to purge the meth system and then the engine died.... started it back up and it was idling at 9 AFR and was in limp mode....wtf. Went back to the garage and found that I forgot to put the throttle body gasket on (doh lol). We couldn't find anything else wrong and just thought that maybe somehow that was causing a big leak (even though it didnt seem all that logical or possible for that huge of a leak..). Anyways we called it quits for the night. Next morning I take off the cold pipe to get to the throttle body, and I notice my front mount pipe is not even remotely connected....apparenly it was not clamped down very good and just popped off. Put that back on (and the throttle body gasket) and everything ran great. Just goes to show how stupid mistakes happen when you get rushed or go at it really late. I didn't find any pizza in the intake at least.

Again a big thanks to Baluu and SLS... and Baluu also for introducing me to whataburger at 3/4 AM.

Here's some pics showing proper direction of the seals and misc install pics. We made our own block off plates for the EGR delete.

This is the injector that was leaking

That injector was coated in soot and took forever to clean, and even then still had a lot of carbon caked on.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:31 PM   #2
I have candy in my van

MATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,154 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice, i'm doing the injector seal on my 944 soon, ALOT easier for me though.

Nator Performance FTW!

Old 06-15-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
Alittle Faster

bioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,801 Times in 950 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Awsome NATOR job! Now I'm gonna have to do it lol. What is the part number for the seals?
 Old 06-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #4

aaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's sad that I have this memorized....

L3K9-13-252

There's like 4 or 5 total injector seals, but all the other ones are in the fuel rail to injector connection.... the one above is that one between block and injector, and that one that will/might blow out. List price is like $27 each, ouch.
 Old 06-15-2009, 08:42 PM   #5

gsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,678 Times in 712 Posts
Groans: 102
Groaned at 232 Times in 155 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

cool man!
 Old 06-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #6

wakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the world
Groans: 14
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn! Seems like a shit load of work! At least it stops rattling now!
09 CWP Speed3 GT- CP-e Nano, Speedie6 TIP, CP-e Catless Downpipe, ED FMIC w/ GodSpeed core, Devils Own Stage 2 Meth Injection Kit, KMD v2 fuel pump internals, HKS BPV, SU full motor mounts & shifter bushings, Cobb Springs, 1 res delete in cbe, HID Fogs, AutoMeter Cobalt boost gauge, Michi OCC, Denso 1 step colder plugs, MSD DH, COBB AccessPort V105 Stage 2+sf 93 fmic

[Today 11:50 PM] aaronc7: i just measured mine, a little over 12
 Old 06-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #7

MarkyMark has disabled reputation
Thanked 3,278 Times in 693 Posts
Groans: 62
Groaned at 156 Times in 148 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You didn't say who you got them from, super douche.
 Old 06-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by StreetUnitMark View Post
You didn't say who you got them from, super douche.
oh yeah, lol. i edited
 Old 06-15-2009, 09:02 PM   #9

MarkyMark has disabled reputation
Thanked 3,278 Times in 693 Posts
Groans: 62
Groaned at 156 Times in 148 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
oh yeah, lol. i edited
no worries.

JumpingJackson, you're next!!!!!!
 Old 06-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #10

IshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,854 Posts
Groans: 278
Groaned at 533 Times in 425 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nator...makes you want to straddle a brotha!!!
 Old 06-15-2009, 11:12 PM   #11
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,362 Times in 6,958 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 44 Times in 38 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Awesome job! I'm surprised how much soot you've got in there but if it's any comfort long terms tests show that soot buildup does not affect performance in the amounts you are seeing.

How many miles on the motor and how many miles with meth?
 Old 06-16-2009, 12:00 AM   #12

ljudgeii has a reputation beyond reputeljudgeii has a reputation beyond reputeljudgeii has a reputation beyond reputeljudgeii has a reputation beyond reputeljudgeii has a reputation beyond reputeljudgeii has a reputation beyond reputeljudgeii has a reputation beyond reputeljudgeii has a reputation beyond reputeljudgeii has a reputation beyond reputeljudgeii has a reputation beyond reputeljudgeii has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

AaronC7, Thanks for the PMs. Mark I will be giving you a call real soon about getting some new seals
11/17/11 ZZ-SB (Spun #4 Rod Bearing @97,643 miles)
"I'm back Baby" says the almighty Bender
CURRENT MODS:
Cobb ATR self tune+JBR WP+FMIC+BNR S3+MI+IM+CP-e EXMAN:
VDyno 351hp and 331tq
BEST 1320:
COBB AP S2+MSCAI2+FMIC-v1.03i Best ET on 2Nov08 13.6@98mph (yeah I missed 5th gear)
 Old 06-16-2009, 07:24 AM   #13

SLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,611 Times in 442 Posts
Groans: 19
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I knew a coupler blew off somewhere. Daylight really helps to find those kind of problems.
Cobb AP · MS CAI w/ AEM Straightener · Cobb Turbo Inlet · Cobb FMIC · Black HKS SSQV (recirc) · PG Exhaust Manifold · Corksport Downpipe · Vibrant Exhaust
mrlilguy CDFP · Denso ITV22s plugs · Cobb STS, Shift Knob, & Shifter Weight · F2 Balance Shaft Delete & Oil Baffle

Originally Posted by Haltech View Post
Stock is just plain, gay.
 Old 06-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Lex View Post
Awesome job! I'm surprised how much soot you've got in there but if it's any comfort long terms tests show that soot buildup does not affect performance in the amounts you are seeing.

How many miles on the motor and how many miles with meth?
I have close to 49k miles. Meth..... less than 10k miles but I didn't just put it on or anything. probably like 5 or 6 or something.
 Old 06-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

also interesting to note that my 3rd cylinder (which is the one that had leaky seal...) has shown issues for quite some time in the spark plugs. My cylinder 3 spark plug looked like shit whenever I changed them, so I ended up replacing it twice as often as the others. Even back when I just had intake and TBE....3rd cylinder was different than the rest. I don't know if the seal was causing it to foul faster or....some other issue causing it to foul faster and thus killed the seal. I'll keep an eye on the plugs now iwth the new seals.
 Old 06-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #16

YammerR1 has much to be proud ofYammerR1 has much to be proud ofYammerR1 has much to be proud ofYammerR1 has much to be proud ofYammerR1 has much to be proud ofYammerR1 has much to be proud ofYammerR1 has much to be proud ofYammerR1 has much to be proud ofYammerR1 has much to be proud of
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did your car throw a misfire code for cylinder 3? I have a constant misfire CEL on one of my cylinders and compression tests good on all cylinders. I replaced the spark plug and a day later the same misfire code came back. I checked the plug and it was completely fouled.

also interesting to note that my 3rd cylinder (which is the one that had leaky seal...) has shown issues for quite some time in the spark plugs. My cylinder 3 spark plug looked like shit whenever I changed them, so I ended up replacing it twice as often as the others. Even back when I just had intake and TBE....3rd cylinder was different than the rest. I don't know if the seal was causing it to foul faster or....some other issue causing it to foul faster and thus killed the seal. I'll keep an eye on the plugs now iwth the new seals.
 Old 06-17-2009, 01:08 PM   #17

SPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by YammerR1 View Post
Did your car throw a misfire code for cylinder 3? I have a constant misfire CEL on one of my cylinders and compression tests good on all cylinders. I replaced the spark plug and a day later the same misfire code came back. I checked the plug and it was completely fouled.
I have the same problem. I am going to try to replace the seals on my car and see if I can get rid of this cel.
 Old 06-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #18
Fux Wit It

Darksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the world
Thanked 16,103 Times in 4,061 Posts
Groans: 175
Groaned at 498 Times in 278 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

BOOYA!!! glad I was right I love beating car gremlins
10.7 @ 133 auto 1G DSM
2013 C6 GS FBO and alotta Nitrous
 Old 06-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Not sure man.. it could be. If the leak was bad enough. If your leak is that bad...that probably means its leaking at idle, and you probably wouldnt even really be able to get into boost without loud noises or other issues. My seals would only leak (pop sound) when above 15 psi usually. When I ran WG pressure or even stock map..it was still there occasionally, but not near as much or near as loud as it was at 20 psi. In my case I caught it pretty early on and took care of it...I talked to a few guys like darksun, and he said his would pop and stuff if free-reved it. He also had 2 cylinders leaking I think.

If you're just getting that code, but the car runs and boosts fine otherwise, then it might be something else.
 Old 06-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #20

SPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant futureSPD6Tuner has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

With my misfire, I have tried removing my HKS unit, replaceing coils, and replacing plugs, but no luck. Im thinking maybe I have an insufficient tune. Could that have anything to do with it. Its fully built with a bunch of stuff. It sucks for me, cause I am in NY and cant get my car inspected.
 Old 06-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #21

YammerR1 has much to be proud ofYammerR1 has much to be proud ofYammerR1 has much to be proud ofYammerR1 has much to be proud ofYammerR1 has much to be proud ofYammerR1 has much to be proud ofYammerR1 has much to be proud ofYammerR1 has much to be proud ofYammerR1 has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yup, STFT and LTFT are always negative at idle, STFT usually dips to -20% after car is warmed up... could be a bad injector or maybe the seal. I swapped coil packs around and the same cylinder still misfires. My car is stock and I don't get any pops when WOT or revving it.

Not sure man.. it could be. If the leak was bad enough. If your leak is that bad...that probably means its leaking at idle, and you probably wouldnt even really be able to get into boost without loud noises or other issues. My seals would only leak (pop sound) when above 15 psi usually. When I ran WG pressure or even stock map..it was still there occasionally, but not near as much or near as loud as it was at 20 psi. In my case I caught it pretty early on and took care of it...I talked to a few guys like darksun, and he said his would pop and stuff if free-reved it. He also had 2 cylinders leaking I think.

If you're just getting that code, but the car runs and boosts fine otherwise, then it might be something else.
 Old 06-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #22

fbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 20
Groaned at 47 Times in 40 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah lets not thank me the one who pointed you there first
 Old 06-17-2009, 10:04 PM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yup, STFT and LTFT are always negative at idle, STFT usually dips to -20% after car is warmed up... could be a bad injector or maybe the seal. I swapped coil packs around and the same cylinder still misfires. My car is stock and I don't get any pops when WOT or revving it.
I read about something that may fix your problem since your car is stock. Its called load racing. You put you car into neutral and you rev it to 4000rpms for 2 minutes and after 2 minutes it will automatically go down to idle. You then let it idle for 1 minute. Then again 4000rpms for 2 minutes untill it goes down again. Clear the code and see if it comes back. I removes carbon builup and also removes the pre-applied code that was not cleared from the factory. This was for the cars under a certain vin and before a certain date. I forgot what they were, but it wouldnt hurt to try. I tried it but didnt work cause of all the stuff I have done to it I guess.
 Old 06-17-2009, 11:46 PM   #24

Not Ranked  0 score     

I have tried that in the past, but there is something wrong with the engine as the fuel trims are way too rich (out of spec) and the car is completely stock. The next step is to see what the dealership can do.

Originally Posted by SPD6Tuner View Post
I read about something that may fix your problem since your car is stock. Its called load racing. You put you car into neutral and you rev it to 4000rpms for 2 minutes and after 2 minutes it will automatically go down to idle. You then let it idle for 1 minute. Then again 4000rpms for 2 minutes untill it goes down again. Clear the code and see if it comes back. I removes carbon builup and also removes the pre-applied code that was not cleared from the factory. This was for the cars under a certain vin and before a certain date. I forgot what they were, but it wouldnt hurt to try. I tried it but didnt work cause of all the stuff I have done to it I guess.
 Old 06-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #25

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

BTW we pretty much followed the service manual and common sense for removal of everything...it would be pretty sweet if someone could "crop out" the pertinent pages in the service manual and post it up on here? That would make this thread more of a "how to" vs just random pics and stuff.
 Old 06-22-2009, 04:05 PM   #26

wakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

This might be a stupid question but i tried searching and didnt find much. What does the EGR delete do? And what is an EGR?
09 CWP Speed3 GT- CP-e Nano, Speedie6 TIP, CP-e Catless Downpipe, ED FMIC w/ GodSpeed core, Devils Own Stage 2 Meth Injection Kit, KMD v2 fuel pump internals, HKS BPV, SU full motor mounts & shifter bushings, Cobb Springs, 1 res delete in cbe, HID Fogs, AutoMeter Cobalt boost gauge, Michi OCC, Denso 1 step colder plugs, MSD DH, COBB AccessPort V105 Stage 2+sf 93 fmic

Old 06-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #27

Gr33ntumb has a reputation beyond reputeGr33ntumb has a reputation beyond reputeGr33ntumb has a reputation beyond reputeGr33ntumb has a reputation beyond reputeGr33ntumb has a reputation beyond reputeGr33ntumb has a reputation beyond reputeGr33ntumb has a reputation beyond reputeGr33ntumb has a reputation beyond reputeGr33ntumb has a reputation beyond reputeGr33ntumb has a reputation beyond reputeGr33ntumb has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Not Ranked  0 score     

shit i think i need to get this done also

-15 to -20 stft and ltft is what i see...

"If your leak is that bad...that probably means its leaking at idle, and you probably wouldnt even really be able to get into boost without loud noises or other issues."

i am having some knock ( audible and on AP ) well that is if knock sounds like my car is making popcorn, on some WOT runs only tho ... seems like its more after like following a car doing normal driving , then he turns off , and i nail it , and POPOPTAPOTPTOAP cAr feels like shit ,... then 10 seconds after i nail it again and i get full boost showing 0 kr and everything seems fine ...

i just got to bring it to the dealer with the CEL on ...after unmarrying my AP it cleared my code .

and well if anyone remembers i whas saying i had a WOT rattle before also but only in 1 , 2 , 3 gear ... well that whas a busted passenger side mount ,. not just the bushing part but , cracked metal casting and all .... feels like a new car now . almost

CS 3inch intake, CS FP internals, CS Test pipe, Forge V2, AP v3, JBR 88a RMM and mud flops
 Old 06-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by wakeboarddude View Post
This might be a stupid question but i tried searching and didnt find much. What does the EGR delete do? And what is an EGR?
Exhaust gas recirculation.... it's basically an emissions thing. It recirculates some exhausts gases back into the intake manifold (stupid huh?). Apparently it's only active at part throttle, not WOT...so the issue isn't boosted temps or anything, its just the fact that in this recirculation process, it brings a lot of soot and crap back into the intake manifold. I have 2 catch cans and meth now for awhile... my intake mani was pretty clean, except right around the EGR port...so it's definitely a big source of crap getting into the manifold and engine. Keep in mind it will give you a CEL but it doesn't affect anything. You can disable the code in ATR...but the CEL light still comes on (but the dashhawk/AP won't see the code)..its kinda weird.
 Old 06-22-2009, 10:21 PM   #29

SLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

BTW we pretty much followed the service manual and common sense for removal of everything...it would be pretty sweet if someone could "crop out" the pertinent pages in the service manual and post it up on here? That would make this thread more of a "how to" vs just random pics and stuff.
I hope that someone isn't supposed to be me cause I'm lazy. But I guess that would give me something to do while I'm bored at work tomorrow.
Cobb AP · MS CAI w/ AEM Straightener · Cobb Turbo Inlet · Cobb FMIC · Black HKS SSQV (recirc) · PG Exhaust Manifold · Corksport Downpipe · Vibrant Exhaust
mrlilguy CDFP · Denso ITV22s plugs · Cobb STS, Shift Knob, & Shifter Weight · F2 Balance Shaft Delete & Oil Baffle

Old 06-22-2009, 10:29 PM   #30

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

thank you, you have now nominated yourself. I would do it but i have no idea how and dont have the software to make pdfs!
 Old 06-22-2009, 10:43 PM   #31

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks Aaron! So if you plug it it just goes out the exhuast like normal? this sounds retarded to do in the first place lol! So to do the delet would I have to take out the mani and plug the hole or you think I can get to it without removing to much! I think I know were the ports are cause I remember seeing it when I did the dp and furl pump internals.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:49 PM   #32

Not Ranked  0 score     

And now thinking about that whole process of an egr...WTF was Mazda thinking! How would it help anything if exhaust gases re-enter the intake process on a combustion engine! Obviously there is little to no oxygen to be combusted so it's just filling the cylinders with useless mass! Am I wrong or does this sound really really stupid!

Old 06-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #33

all4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant future
Groans: 0
Not Ranked  0 score     

sometimes cars run rich from the factory and thanks to all the tree loving government officials we have to have emissions crap like this...

Guys, just a quick question.... does the CEL cause the car to pull timing/boost on cars tuned by the cobb AP????
 Old 06-24-2009, 10:02 AM   #34

Not Ranked  0 score     

no

Old 06-26-2009, 07:11 AM   #35

socks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,825 Times in 1,435 Posts
Groans: 125
Groaned at 21 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by wakeboarddude View Post
And now thinking about that whole process of an egr...WTF was Mazda thinking! How would it help anything if exhaust gases re-enter the intake process on a combustion engine! Obviously there is little to no oxygen to be combusted so it's just filling the cylinders with useless mass! Am I wrong or does this sound really really stupid!
It wasnt mazdas thinking, it was the federal governments thinking. It reduces NOx emmisions...
 Old 06-29-2009, 02:22 AM   #36

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Speed3shon View Post
It wasnt mazdas thinking, it was the federal governments thinking. It reduces NOx emmisions...
Stupid government!

Old 06-29-2009, 04:15 PM   #37

fbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 20
Groaned at 47 Times in 40 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

it wasn't the government who invented EGR and EGR is borderline defunct now as you can do the same thing with cam timing....i have said this numerous times.
 Old 07-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #38

Not Ranked  0 score     

I am replacing my seals right now and wanted to know how much fuel came out of your fuel line when you removed the fuel rail. I removed the line a little and fuel started coming out so I out it right back on. It should only be the fuel after the pump correct? Also How did you get those black allen bolts off. I cant get them twisted off.
 Old 07-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #39

Not Ranked  0 score     

Not very much fuel, most of the pressure had already been relieved. And those aren't allen bolts, they are torx.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #40

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yea that's the first name that came to mind even though I knew they weren't Allen bolts. Anyway how did you get them lose. They seem impossible. Do I even have to remove those to get to the injector the rail feels lost but there is something stopping it from coming out.