register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base
>
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base (Gen1 - Gen 2)
> MSF KB - Mazdaspeed 3/6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #81

apawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 8 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed my JBR 80a RMM yesterday! I love it!!!! Can definitely tell a difference in shifts and take off. Just gotta get use to the vibes. Anyone else have a rattle noise after install at idle with a/c on?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008 Sunlight Silver MS3 GT // Because racecar SOLD
Cobb AP || Autotech Internals || CP-e Safe Seals || Bosch 3Bar|| Godspeed FMIC with Godspeed piping || ATP catless downpipe || GT3076R || 3" HTP Intake/Inlet || Turbo Smart Dual Port running in 50/50 || SI Boost Tubes || JBR RMM 80a || JBR SSP || JBR Shifter Bushings || EGR Delete || Corksport LED Lighting || Apexi auto timer || Eibach PK || 18x8 Motegi SP10s || 225/40/18 Nitto NT555 || NGK 1 Step Colder plugs

Dynojet 7/6/2013 349.71whp 333lb tq

Dynojet 8/2/2013 378.26whp 384lb tq

Dynojet 8/31/2013 392.14whp 397lb tq

PERM Tuned by Alan and DJ
 Old 07-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #82

Staceye77 is on a distinguished road
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I went cp-e rmm 75 duro! Thanks ! I would have been lost without this thread
 Old 07-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #83

Rayd has a reputation beyond reputeRayd has a reputation beyond reputeRayd has a reputation beyond reputeRayd has a reputation beyond reputeRayd has a reputation beyond reputeRayd has a reputation beyond reputeRayd has a reputation beyond reputeRayd has a reputation beyond reputeRayd has a reputation beyond reputeRayd has a reputation beyond reputeRayd has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 15 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

We want MS6 side mounts from SURE or JBR!!
 Old 07-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #84

SPEED3 EDDIE has a reputation beyond reputeSPEED3 EDDIE has a reputation beyond reputeSPEED3 EDDIE has a reputation beyond reputeSPEED3 EDDIE has a reputation beyond reputeSPEED3 EDDIE has a reputation beyond reputeSPEED3 EDDIE has a reputation beyond reputeSPEED3 EDDIE has a reputation beyond reputeSPEED3 EDDIE has a reputation beyond reputeSPEED3 EDDIE has a reputation beyond reputeSPEED3 EDDIE has a reputation beyond reputeSPEED3 EDDIE has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just installed the PMM from JBR and its a great quality mount, but has anyone get a whining noise after install? Sounds almost like you hear the belts more inside the car. But other than that its a much needed part. The car feels much better with the mount. No more sloppy shifts!
 Old 07-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #85
JBR
Approved MSF Vendor

JBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the world
Thanked 13,813 Times in 2,743 Posts
Groans: 28
Groaned at 79 Times in 53 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SPEED3 EDDIE View Post
I just installed the PMM from JBR and its a great quality mount, but has anyone get a whining noise after install? Sounds almost like you hear the belts more inside the car. But other than that its a much needed part. The car feels much better with the mount. No more sloppy shifts!
That sound you hear is the timing chain and valve train. Glad you like the mount.

Thanks,
Jamie

Mazda Performance Parts & Accessories // JamesBaroneRacing.com
 Old 08-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #86
Banned

tarnumf has much to be proud oftarnumf has much to be proud oftarnumf has much to be proud oftarnumf has much to be proud oftarnumf has much to be proud oftarnumf has much to be proud oftarnumf has much to be proud oftarnumf has much to be proud of
Groans: 2
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had JBR 70A rear engine mount installed and I couldn't bear with vibrations. Having my Spanish neighbors to turn their heads was clear indication that something is wrong And my completely rebuild sound system wasn't appreciating it either.
For Chicago city traffic it was really wrong choice. I went with Cork Sport inserts and they are "just good enough" - no vibrations, wheel hop greatly reduced (though not gone completely), shifting smoothness improved big time (I have TWM complete replacement).
 Old 08-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #87

We Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant futureWe Are Ninja has a brilliant future
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

Does anyone know what approximate durometer SURE's "street" and "race" bushings are?
 Old 08-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #88

Stretcher is a glorious beacon of lightStretcher is a glorious beacon of lightStretcher is a glorious beacon of lightStretcher is a glorious beacon of lightStretcher is a glorious beacon of light
Not Ranked  0 score     

How about the Durometer of the CP-E stage 2 mount?
eric
 Old 09-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #89

dead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 53 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ricently installed JBR PMM e70. As performance wise, like most of the aftermarket Moutor mounts, it is very nice. When it comes to Vibs and loudiness. Quite a lot of vibs and timing chain noises. They did go quite down but still very noticeable. I am very picky about vibs and excesive noise and the one that we are talking about is not very bad. I did about 200 miles and I hope they go down more, If it is about 30% less from what is is now will be awesome.
 Old 09-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #90

Deldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,323 Posts
Groans: 118
Groaned at 44 Times in 34 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by We Are Ninja View Post
Does anyone know what approximate durometer SURE's "street" and "race" bushings are?
I don't know exactly but I though I saw a thread somewhere that said race was close to 90 not sure and hard to search on phone. I just installed the race RMM not to long ago and love its vibs are by no means in bearable but they are they.

If u look under the sure section on the forums I have a review there

Sent from galaxy Nexus vis xenonHD

Old 09-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #91

johnspeed3 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnspeed3 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnspeed3 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnspeed3 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnspeed3 is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 4 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am so lost on what to get.

I would like a mount that has minimal to no vibrations but yet is better than stock because the motor flops all over the place. I do like to use my AC on 90 degree days so it must work well with the AC on too.

I read most just upgrade the RMM then others are upgrading them all due to one being upgraded which puts stress on those that aren't.

Any ideas?
 Old 09-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #92

Deldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,323 Posts
Groans: 118
Groaned at 44 Times in 34 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by johnspeed3 View Post
I am so lost on what to get.

I would like a mount that has minimal to no vibrations but yet is better than stock because the motor flops all over the place. I do like to use my AC on 90 degree days so it must work well with the AC on too.

I read most just upgrade the RMM then others are upgrading them all due to one being upgraded which puts stress on those that aren't.

Any ideas?
Don't be a pudsy and get a stiff mount vibes really are not bad at all

Sent from galaxy Nexus vis xenonHD

Old 09-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #93

dead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 53 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@johnspeed3 Get the RMM see how you like it. BWT, with the RMM you will pretty much notice not vibs but performance wise it does make difference, especially shifting. They later get the PMM. From my experience( I had all MM) the TMM makes most noise out of all.
 Old 09-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #94

johnspeed3 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnspeed3 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnspeed3 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnspeed3 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnspeed3 is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 4 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Alright awesome, So just getting the RMM isn't going to cause the others that are stock to snap on me? I'm not launching the car or anything at the track/street
 Old 09-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #95
JBR
Approved MSF Vendor

JBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the world
Thanked 13,813 Times in 2,743 Posts
Groans: 28
Groaned at 79 Times in 53 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

if you're on the fence maybe 10% off all mounts for Labor Day will help. Web code "worksux" good now through midnight tomorrow.

Mazda Performance Parts & Accessories // JamesBaroneRacing.com
 Old 09-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #96

rapter is a splendid one to beholdrapter is a splendid one to beholdrapter is a splendid one to beholdrapter is a splendid one to beholdrapter is a splendid one to beholdrapter is a splendid one to beholdrapter is a splendid one to beholdrapter is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

hmm, So Im ready to buy a RMM on my MSP 6.. Dont want anything too stiff.
i noticed on this thread that people are not really talking about the AWR RMM for the 6..
I believe the JBR one has only the option of going with the Custom 80a Durameter urethane bushing. I kinda would like to stay around the 70 mark...
I know any of these is a fantastic upgrade just trying to minimize the vibration part..

Thanks any input is greatly appreciated.
 Old 09-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #97

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,123 Times in 1,228 Posts
Groans: 111
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If cabin noise is important to you then you may consider staying stock or eventually use some inserts for the RMM to reduce the engine movement a bit.
A 60 duro mount may also be fine, depending on how you actually feel (you may consider acquiring a rubber bushing mount rather than an urethane mount).

Anything above 60-65duro is about pure performance and starts loosing any contact with cabin comfort. If you also temper with the side mounts then kiss cabin comfort good-bye.
And I'm talking about real cabin comfort, not the "I'm a true man, I can handle it!" kind of comfort. When having upgraded motor mounts usually (but not necessarily) the passengers/driver will feel more tired after medium/long drives (say, 100+ miles) and possibly more nervous than if they had stock motor mounts.

There's a very thin line between performance and comfort and it's very hard to follow it. And sometimes you need to throw your money on a motor mount and see how it feels for yourself and if you can take the extra NVH, because every individual will react differently to that.
Speaking for myself who I could still hear 20+KHz noises by the age of 30 (normally people loose the ability to hear above 15-16KHz by the age of 17-18) the extra noise coming from a 60 duro mount (urethane or rubber, tested both) is the most that I can take.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb XLE, Cobb EBCS, CorkSport 3.5BAR MAP
GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW, JBR Tru-3" Silicone intake
TheSpeedLine Top and Lower Strut bars
self-Versatuned to 22PSI
 Old 09-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #98

Pseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,603 Times in 837 Posts
Groans: 79
Groaned at 34 Times in 31 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mituc View Post
There's a very thin line between performance and comfort and it's very hard to follow it.
I agree with this completely and it seems we are in the minority in feeling this way. I upgraded from the stock mount to a 60a SU mount shortly after I got the car and the increase in vibes was very tolerable and almost unnoticeable. Then after reading what seemingly everybody had to say about how awesome the JBR 88a mount was I bit the bullet and bought it. I put about 5k miserable miles on that mount, completely hating my car and how it rattled and shook like it was going to fall apart. My wife hated it and people who rode in the car would occasionally comment on it. With the A/C off I could tolerate it, but A/C on was just unlivable for me. This last weekend I bought and installed a JBR 80a mount used from another member and my car is actually comfortable again!

Bottom line: what is acceptable to some people may not be acceptable to you.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #99

rapter is a splendid one to beholdrapter is a splendid one to beholdrapter is a splendid one to beholdrapter is a splendid one to beholdrapter is a splendid one to beholdrapter is a splendid one to beholdrapter is a splendid one to beholdrapter is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah it seems like i will go with the Cp-e mount cause that one is at 60 from what i read?
yeah i def wanna increase a bit of performance cause i will do a few upgrades on the car but nothing like changing turbos or something, So i want it to be able to handle the some performance upgrades, and i won't mind a bit of vibrations i know this is too be expected

I really appreciate all the info, So i def will go with the 60 version! thanks guys let you know what i think when its in
 Old 09-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #100

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mituc View Post
If cabin noise is important to you then you may consider staying stock or eventually use some inserts for the RMM to reduce the engine movement a bit.
A 60 duro mount may also be fine, depending on how you actually feel (you may consider acquiring a rubber bushing mount rather than an urethane mount).

Anything above 60-65duro is about pure performance and starts loosing any contact with cabin comfort. If you also temper with the side mounts then kiss cabin comfort good-bye.
And I'm talking about real cabin comfort, not the "I'm a true man, I can handle it!" kind of comfort. When having upgraded motor mounts usually (but not necessarily) the passengers/driver will feel more tired after medium/long drives (say, 100+ miles) and possibly more nervous than if they had stock motor mounts.

There's a very thin line between performance and comfort and it's very hard to follow it. And sometimes you need to throw your money on a motor mount and see how it feels for yourself and if you can take the extra NVH, because every individual will react differently to that.
Speaking for myself who I could still hear 20+KHz noises by the age of 30 (normally people loose the ability to hear above 15-16KHz by the age of 17-18) the extra noise coming from a 60 duro mount (urethane or rubber, tested both) is the most that I can take.
Well danm i just got a call back from SU and they said they no longer sell the 62A RMM. so the guy said the SURE one at 75A is the closest they got, so i went with that one, in a powder blue since this is my theme.
So im a little disappionted but will see, will get it before the weekend.
Will drive it right away IM going on a road trip first week in Oct and i wanna bring my MSP6 not the protege hahaha,
But hopefully i will break it in by than.

Thanks for the tips guys
 Old 09-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #101

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,750 Times in 2,277 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I doubt you'll have any problems with the NVH, it's really not that bad. Besides, the improvements brought to the party are substantial enough to be worth it.
Was a Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop
Now in a BMW 135i - double the turbos, double the fun!
E82.N54 2009 / BSM / A/T / Drop-in / PR CP / Berk Street / MHD / xHP
340hp / 371tq
 Old 09-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #102

Not Ranked  0 score     

got the SURE RRM. blue. you can see the difference between the stock and it and i put her on, it wasnt too bad. i definitly recommend a lift or car jack something to lift the engine a tad. and as well something to give you leverage.

I stuck a Pry bar between the back of the mount and the Black bar running across the car this allowed me to move the mount Forward towards the Engine Block. and TADDAA!!!

Vibes are barely noticeable when driving or Idle, but they are DEF noticable when you turn the A/C on. but Honestly nothing you cant live with.

With just a RRM and CAI(so far in the car) HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!
I FEEL LIKE IM DRIVING A TOTALY NEW CAR!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG155.jpg (1.04 MB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg IMG156.jpg (1.05 MB, 96 views)
 Old 09-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #103

Nliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,630 Times in 3,121 Posts
Groans: 67
Groaned at 17 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

For an MS3, walking the "thin line between performance and comfort" is easy to do, IMO.

Get a CP-E Stage 2 RMM and call it a day.

2008 MS3 GT
2016 MX-5 Club

Old 09-18-2012, 03:42 AM   #104
Axle Breaker

jmhinkle is the leader of the worldjmhinkle is the leader of the worldjmhinkle is the leader of the worldjmhinkle is the leader of the worldjmhinkle is the leader of the worldjmhinkle is the leader of the worldjmhinkle is the leader of the worldjmhinkle is the leader of the worldjmhinkle is the leader of the worldjmhinkle is the leader of the worldjmhinkle is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,621 Times in 2,782 Posts
Groans: 162
Groaned at 28 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Never noticed this thread, but I've had experience with a lot of the MS6 mounts. Basically a 60-70 rmm and the TT FMM are all most people will ever need and they will not induce much discomfort at all. A few rattles may appear, but that is about it. Side mounts on an MS6 will make life absolute hell, BUT you will need at least the passenger mount when you get into 500HP range. Dustin just ripped his apart on a 3rd gear pull the other day. You can probably still get away with the 70 AWR mount there and be plenty safe, but I had the 88 mount once and made it around the block to pull it back out. Anything above 70 seems to be intolerable to me to drive on the street. I feel bad for the MS3 guys that need tranny mounts because the noises alone would make me sell the car.
 Old 09-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #105
hidin in yo bushes

CWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 12,754 Times in 4,724 Posts
Groans: 122
Groaned at 70 Times in 57 Posts

Discuss Here: The Motor Mount Thread

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ
10-19-13 Moore Automotive