register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base
>
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base (Gen1 - Gen 2)
> MSF KB - Mazdaspeed 3/6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #41

tbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I know it's made champion labs... I saw a great YouTube video of a breakdown of the filter and compared to other champion lab filter (unused) ten I watched a YouTube video often breakdown of a use royal purple filter and the person in the video reported that after 10k the filter felt as if it was made of cardboard and looked like it didn't filter very well... I'm just wondering if anyone personally use a royal purple synthetic filter???

Mods

CS catless DP, CS RP
Magnaflow CBE
Autotech HPFP
NGK Plugs
CS RMM
JBR PMM
CS Short Shit Kit and Shifter Bushings
Cobb SRI and TIP
CS TMIC
SU Boost Tubes
JBR Reticulation Tube
Cobb AP v2
H&R springs
JBR Rear Sway Bar
Self Built 3 Port EBCS
maisonvi Shift Knob
Tuned on 93 and corn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 05-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #42
Bob Ross Fanclub

Tomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,187 Times in 2,338 Posts
Groaned at 35 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by UnknownSuperhero View Post
In b4 unicorn oil filter
Not Unicorn but Canton billet spin ons are close to it if you want to pay over $100 for a filter.

https://www.cantonracingproducts.com...&category=2501

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
 Old 05-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #43

Mizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,196 Times in 1,404 Posts
Groans: 324
Groaned at 188 Times in 104 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The PureOne still smacks the planet. Racing filters are a different story because they need high flow rates.

To be honest, I can't see why we haven't done a remote oil filter kit with the biggest PureOne available. *shrugs*
 Old 05-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #44

Bucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,694 Times in 1,518 Posts
Groans: 451
Groaned at 89 Times in 45 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just chopped open a Bosch filter (Bosch 3330 Premium FILTECH Oil Filter).

It IS a purolator pureONE filter. The only difference is the gasket is a black rubber and the pure one has the orange treated one. I am kinda relived because I have a dozen of them here and started to think I has some crappy filters because of the assholes above who made shit up about it being from an inferior manufacturer.

Also, you can get these for $5.50 on Amazon and they are eligible for Prime free shipping. Make sure you get the FILTECH one, I have no idea what is inside of the other one.

Originally Posted by gearhead750 View Post
Anyone have any info on Bosch filters?
Yes.

From what I have read, somewhere around the turn of the century Bosh split ways with champion labs (range from shit to ok) and joined up with Purolator (so far decent). So the bosh platinum will be similar to the Purolator PureOne but without the Silicone anti drainback valve and the filtering media is a blend instead of synthetic. I put it between the Purolator Premium plus and the PureOne.
Yes. Correct.

Originally Posted by G26 View Post
I was using a mobil 1, bosch but fuck paying $13 for a filter. Purolator pure one for me $6 at the local pepboys.
$5.50

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...23/211511.html

Purolator is a Bosch product and has been since 2006.
 Old 05-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #45
Bob Ross Fanclub

Tomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am running K&N about 3 times the size of the mazda spin on. It rubs a lil with the tub though. This is the only pic I could find.

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
 Old 05-17-2012, 03:37 AM   #46

UnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,181 Times in 1,272 Posts
Groans: 26
Groaned at 24 Times in 19 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bucker

Wrong as fuck. Stop spewing bullshit.
If champion labs doesn't make the royal purple filter then who does? I am not here trying to "spew bullshit" and don't see how that assumption is even remotely correct.

Please do correct me if I am wrong.

You even quoted one of my posts saying correct.

The last two posts you quoted, we were talking about the Royal Purple oil filter, not the Bosch.

I think you got mixed up.
 Old 05-17-2012, 05:10 AM   #47

tbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the worldtbcota25 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Dude idk what you are talking about but royal purple is manufactured by champion labs... Before you start spewing shit maybe you need to learn how to read...

http://www.champlabs.com/content/roy...le-oil-filters

Mods

CS catless DP, CS RP
Magnaflow CBE
Autotech HPFP
NGK Plugs
CS RMM
JBR PMM
CS Short Shit Kit and Shifter Bushings
Cobb SRI and TIP
CS TMIC
SU Boost Tubes
JBR Reticulation Tube
Cobb AP v2
H&R springs
JBR Rear Sway Bar
Self Built 3 Port EBCS
maisonvi Shift Knob
Tuned on 93 and corn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 05-17-2012, 05:18 AM   #48
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,009 Times in 14,590 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You fuckers are all wrong. Everything is made by a 12 year old boy in a dirt-floor factory in China. The only difference is the Wal Mart house brand "Great Value" is just a can of Fanta with the lid cut off, and stuffed with straw.
 Old 05-17-2012, 05:54 AM   #49

Bucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,694 Times in 1,518 Posts
Groans: 451
Groaned at 89 Times in 45 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If champion labs doesn't make the royal purple filter then who does? I am not here trying to "spew bullshit" and don't see how that assumption is even remotely correct.

Please do correct me if I am wrong.

You even quoted one of my posts saying correct.

The last two posts you quoted, we were talking about the Royal Purple oil filter, not the Bosch.

I think you got mixed up.
I did, thanks. I was on a roll

Fixed.
 Old 05-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #50

UnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

:thumbup:
 Old 09-12-2012, 03:59 AM   #51

NavySVO has a reputation beyond reputeNavySVO has a reputation beyond reputeNavySVO has a reputation beyond reputeNavySVO has a reputation beyond reputeNavySVO has a reputation beyond reputeNavySVO has a reputation beyond reputeNavySVO has a reputation beyond reputeNavySVO has a reputation beyond reputeNavySVO has a reputation beyond reputeNavySVO has a reputation beyond reputeNavySVO has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If Napa is not available in your area you could possibly go with the following. (Not tested personally yet, so no promises)
Baldwin, Ryco, Wix, Penske, CarQuest, and Castrol. Although their base lines are rubber not Silicon,
The Wix website clearly states that they use silicon in their filters, though that hasn't deterred me from using them. Wix filter at Napa is $6 and change.

~ Fast---Cheap---Reliable.....you can only pick 2 ~
 Old 09-12-2012, 04:30 AM   #52
Police

ganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the worldganque is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,948 Times in 841 Posts
Groans: 21
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts

So for the 1st gen users, do you recommend to get the spin-on oil filter conversion kit?
I'm currently using Royal Purple 5w-40 with the OEM oil filter but I already got the spin-on oil filter conversion kit, I'm just wondering if I should take the chance and change to a different oil/filter when installing the kit.
SOLD MS3 GT 2009 - Garret GTX3076R -CP-E 4' TIP // CP-E big MAF intake // Turbosmart compact BPV // Lamin-X yellow fog covers // Hella Xtreme yellow fog bulbs // Eonon 7" screen // Prosport Boost Gauge // Ventpod Single Gauge Pod // CPE TowPlate // MSD Dashhawk // COBB AccessPort // USDM ECU // CM Downpipe // Ingalls Torque Damper // Denso ITV24 // GV style front lip // TRZ rear motor mount // PG/Godspeed FMIC // Magnaflow CBE // COBB counter shiftweight // CPE PMM // CPE TMM // Autotech HPFP internals // PERM tune in progress // COBB EBCS // HPFPupgrade injector seals // Apex-i TT // PERM tune // Final numbers: 427 WHP - 471 WTQ

SOLD: BMW 325ci coupe Formula 1 package 2001 - Daily driven FTW!

MS3 vs Focus ST vs Camaro LS1 ---> Click here
TEH MEXICAN'T PERM!

Current whip: 2013 BMW 135i ///M Sport - BMW Performance Exhaust System - BurgerTuning JB4 - Golf Tee Mod - COBB Charge Pipe - BMW Blackline taillights - BMW Performance CF rear spoiler - 8K LED Angel eyes
 Old 09-12-2012, 06:26 AM   #53
Bob Ross Fanclub

Not Ranked  0 score     

I use a spin on for simplicity and higher filter surface area but I don't think it's really needed if you are going to change filters every 3-4K miles.

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
 Old 09-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #54

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by NavySVO View Post
The Wix website clearly states that they use silicon in their filters, though that hasn't deterred me from using them. Wix filter at Napa is $6 and change.
That statement was more toward the companies that make multiple grades of filters for the same application (Gold, Silver, Platinum, premium, premium plus etc.).

I prefer/recommend the silicon valve over the rubber. Wix, no doubt, makes a good filter.

Originally Posted by ganque View Post
So for the 1st gen users, do you recommend to get the spin-on oil filter conversion kit?
I'm currently using Royal Purple 5w-40 with the OEM oil filter but I already got the spin-on oil filter conversion kit, I'm just wondering if I should take the chance and change to a different oil/filter when installing the kit.
I have seen a few kits have problems sealing, creating leaks and another point of failure. I do like the spin ons for the same reason as Tomas, and have to agree wit him, if you keep up on your oil changes and don't leave the filter in there long enought to get clogged with crap you should be fine. There still (as far as I have seen) have not been any real improvments on the cartridge style filters.

If you live in a really dusty area, or stretch out the changes a little bit longer than you should it might be a good idea, due to the increaced capacity and better filtering of a spin on.
 Old 09-13-2012, 06:52 AM   #55

Mizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,196 Times in 1,404 Posts
Groans: 324
Groaned at 188 Times in 104 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
I use a spin on for simplicity and higher filter surface area but I don't think it's really needed if you are going to change filters every 3-4K miles.
b.s.
I've ran 6-7k without any issues using a Purolator PureOne.
 Old 09-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #56
hidin in yo bushes

CWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 12,754 Times in 4,724 Posts
Groans: 122
Groaned at 70 Times in 57 Posts

Discuss Here: Oil is covered, NOW what is the best oil filter?

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ
10-19-13 Moore Automotive

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f629/oil-covered-now-what-best-oil-filter-125119/
Posted By For Type Date
Comprehensive Oil Filter Dissection Thread - RX7Club.com This thread Refback 09-07-2013 03:55 PM
Comprehensive Oil Filter Dissection Thread - RX7Club.com This thread Refback 08-31-2013 11:07 PM