register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base
>
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base (Gen1 - Gen 2)
> MSF KB - Mazdaspeed 3/6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-31-2009, 02:51 PM   #41

darth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Overfilling is a recipe for blown seals, leaks and internal damage. Remember, there's an expected air volume inside the case and there's a bunch of whirling gears pumping fluid and air around. If you overfill with an essentially incompressible fluid, something's gotta give.
 Old 12-31-2009, 03:11 PM   #42

flyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the world
Groans: 23
Groaned at 36 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by darth vader View Post
Any Ford technician/parts guy will know exactly what I am talking about. It's a little 4 oz bottle and it's is called "friction modifier". It is used in alot of ford's Trak Lok diffs from millions of cars in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Basically it makes gear lube a touch more slippery than usual, to reduce LSD chatter. It's called fish oil because it reeks like rotting fish. Costs a couple bucks, no more.

Ford Racing Performance Parts []
Ok , I gots the Ford friction modifier. Seriously, this is the stinkiest stuff on the planet.
Be careful using it, as even a tiny bit spilled stinks real bad.
Couldn't really tell a difference yet but my tranny was already warm when I added it. I'll report back after a few cold starts.
ps. picked it up at the ford dealer for $5

Originally Posted by FreeFlyFreak View Post
Been hearing that a lot. Seems strange, OM says 2.6, Service manuall says 2.6 buy you guys are getting 3+ in it..... You are level right? not jacked up or anything?
yea 2.6 qts. if the car is flat, prolly holds more is the car is jacked off, careful not to overfill.
 Old 12-31-2009, 04:38 PM   #43
The Kamikaze King!

FreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,286 Times in 1,253 Posts
Groans: 754
Groaned at 128 Times in 100 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well I went ahead and got the Ford stuff xt m5 qs, a 24mm wrench, and a hand pump.
Put the fluid in and will go for a drive later.

The fluid that came out didnt look bad at all, I am wondering now if they changed the fluid when they replaced my drive shaft a couple of months ago.
If they did, who knows what they used.
The dealer is a combo Subaru Mazda dealer, they could easily have put some Subie GL-5 stuff in there!!

EDIT:
I just read the service manual and it calls for draining the fluid when changing the shaft.
No wonder things went down hill recently tranny wise, glad I caught it so soon, 2600miles on whatever they put in there, didnt notice a difference at first, but it has deteriorated rapidly over the past Month or so (shaft was changed mid October).
I am almost positive this is where my recent notchy hard shifting came from.
Cost me $80 for the oil and tools to fix what I think was caused by some dealer SNAFU.
If I had thought that might have been the reason earlier I would have taken it in and had them fix the problem, would have been useful to document it in case of future problems.

Anyway I'll let you know, if it gets better.
Never had any complaint about the tranny till the last Month or so.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/FreeFlyFreak/speed-3

Suspension:
OEM --> FSD 4040 --> FSD 4040 with cut stops --> MS Coils --> FSD 4045's --> FSD4045 with cut stops --> Bilstein Sports

Yes, that is me in the avatar.
 Old 12-31-2009, 04:41 PM   #44

08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,999 Times in 1,306 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 54 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by felt View Post
Did you buy 3 or 20? Because on their site I see "There is a limit of 20 quarts per order due to shipping limitations"
That means you can't order MORE than 30 quarts. I ordered 3 and you will only need 2.7 quarts.

I used the how to and filled using gravity and a long tube. I guess if you pump it in from above or have the front end jacked up then it will hold more than 2.7
EBTEC Manley Built // GT3071R // FreekTuned // Freek 3.5" Intake // Ported IM // Perm Plate Dual CC // Catless DP // CNT CB // Tokay V 1's // Autotech // AEM Failsafe // TR8 IC// GFB // JBR 88 RMM // DM PMM // JBR 70 TMM // ACT 6 puck prolite fly // Cobb RSB // 6 pc chassis braced // Koni FSD's // Cobb Springs // EGR Full delete // SWAS switch // SS brake lines // 100% Methanol Injection D14

____________________________________________Dragon Slayer _________________________________________________
 Old 12-31-2009, 06:11 PM   #45

ilusch is a splendid one to beholdilusch is a splendid one to beholdilusch is a splendid one to beholdilusch is a splendid one to beholdilusch is a splendid one to beholdilusch is a splendid one to beholdilusch is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ms3077 View Post
So all these cars have the same transmission as the MS3?? I think this is for the regular 3 not the Speed3 unless of course it's a modified version. Wow, the 911 Carrera uses a transmission made by this company; SP6

Avensis
Corolla
Verso
Camry
Scion tC
RAV4
Mazda Motor Corporation
Mazda6
Mazda5
Mazda3
CX-7
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
Eclipse
Grandis
Outlander
Rancer
Chrysler LLC
Dodge Caliber
Dodge Avenger
Jeep Compass
Jeep Patriot
Chrysler Sebring
The diesel cars are using the bg6! Sometimes they make more torque as the speed 3 !

The Toyota diesel have about 300 lb/ft!!!
 Old 12-31-2009, 08:57 PM   #46

Cataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,450 Times in 794 Posts
Groans: 30
Groaned at 28 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I bought this some of this stuff today, too. I actually posted this in the M3F topic in the OP. My factory tranny fluid is draining overnight as I type this, I'm going to put the XT-M5-QS in tomorrow morning and report back on impressions.

wassup, thanks for the recommendation. I don't know if you remember this, but you actually suggested XT-M5-QS to me way back in July when we were at Ken's taking the front bumper off my MS3 so he could look at the FMIC.

Well i am happy to say that everything went off without a hitch - shifts are smooth and click-clickity now! I have to say that this XT-M5-QS stuff is a QUALITY product!
 Old 01-01-2010, 02:51 PM   #47

shpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Been hearing that a lot. Seems strange, OM says 2.6, Service manuall says 2.6 buy you guys are getting 3+ in it..... You are level right? not jacked up or anything?
Yea, perfectly level. Even put a level on the battery. I spilt some, so I would guess it took right at 3 quarts, maybe a hair less. I filled it over a bit then let it drain for 30 minutes until it didn't come out while being level. My pinky in the hole, the fluid was right there level with the bottom of the hole. I am not worried at all about being overfilled b/c I know I had it level.
 Old 01-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #48
The Kamikaze King!

FreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by shpankey View Post
Yea, perfectly level. Even put a level on the battery. I spilt some, so I would guess it took right at 3 quarts, maybe a hair less. I filled it over a bit then let it drain for 30 minutes until it didn't come out while being level. My pinky in the hole, the fluid was right there level with the bottom of the hole. I am not worried at all about being overfilled b/c I know I had it level.
Yeah me too, I was level and took almost 3. My guess is 2.8 quarts

Suspension:
OEM --> FSD 4040 --> FSD 4040 with cut stops --> MS Coils --> FSD 4045's --> FSD4045 with cut stops --> Bilstein Sports

Old 01-23-2010, 02:19 AM   #49

bf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 42 Times in 35 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can over filling damage your transmission at all?
your car is possessed by satan, so i dunno whats goin on with that LOL vta's shootin fire some crazy ass extra fluid lines. secret boost control settings haha ninja, or your demon spawn gas pedal not taking no for an answer lololol but your shit rips it.
 Old 01-23-2010, 10:39 AM   #50
The Kamikaze King!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by bf360 View Post
Can over filling damage your transmission at all?
Yes........... if it were possible.
If the car is level it is not possible to overfill, unless you are a fool, that is why the fill hole is on the side.
Any excess will drain out.
The top of the fill hole is the "High full" and one cm below the fill hole is "Low full"
Per the service manual.

I am thinking the quantity given in the owners manual, is more of a guide of how much to buy, or how much to expect to have to put in there before it begins dribbling back out.
The acceptable full quantity is a range.

Also, by way of an update, my car tranny is back to normal now after putting this stuff in, in fact I would say better than normal in terms of shifting.
I am now 100% convinced that the Mazda/Subaru dealer put some incorrect fluid in there, the tranny got progressively worse over 2500 miles until I could take it no longer, and then realized there must be a problem.
The only thing I do notice is a little noise from the LSD when the car is cold, and making a sharp turn.
I don't remember hearing that when the car had the original OEM fluid in it........ but there again I wasn't listening either.
Shifts way better though.

Suspension:

Old 01-24-2010, 02:28 PM   #51

wildfrisco is on a distinguished road
Not Ranked  0 score     

On another forum someone said the 6-speed is actually a Getrag 6MTT450:

GETRAG Corporate Group - 6MTT450 TRANSMISSION
 Old 01-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #52
The Kamikaze King!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have heard both stories, but I trust wassup61 so I am going with his.

Suspension:

Old 01-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #53
nue

nue has much to be proud ofnue has much to be proud ofnue has much to be proud ofnue has much to be proud ofnue has much to be proud ofnue has much to be proud ofnue has much to be proud ofnue has much to be proud ofnue has much to be proud ofnue has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

So, that's why we don't have transmission dipsticks.
 Old 01-24-2010, 03:52 PM   #54

Tcman2006 is a name known to allTcman2006 is a name known to allTcman2006 is a name known to allTcman2006 is a name known to allTcman2006 is a name known to allTcman2006 is a name known to all
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

anyone know how much the average dealer charges to change fluid
 Old 01-24-2010, 04:30 PM   #55

nyghtryder is the leader of the worldnyghtryder is the leader of the worldnyghtryder is the leader of the worldnyghtryder is the leader of the worldnyghtryder is the leader of the worldnyghtryder is the leader of the worldnyghtryder is the leader of the worldnyghtryder is the leader of the worldnyghtryder is the leader of the worldnyghtryder is the leader of the worldnyghtryder is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tcman2006 View Post
too much, if you can change your oil you can do this.

If a Marine can't fight it, f@#k it, or eat it, he's going to destroy it and burn it to the ground.

COBB SRI | COBB TURBO INLET | TURBOSMART BPV | APEXI TT | SAIKOU MICHI STAGE II OCC | DENSO ITV22 PLUGS | MSD DASHHAWK | SU SHIFTER BUSHINGS | JBARONE SSP | SPEEDLINE HEATED CONVEX MIRRORS | CLEAR SIDEMARKERS | 5000K 35W D2S BULBS | 3000K 35W HID FOG LIGHTS | 6000K REVERSE LIGHT HID KIT | RALLY ARMOR URETHANE MUD FLAPS | PROGRESS TECHNOLOGY RSB | TRZ RMM | GRIMMSPEED EBCS

NATOR PA
 Old 01-24-2010, 04:35 PM   #56

Tcman2006 is a name known to allTcman2006 is a name known to allTcman2006 is a name known to allTcman2006 is a name known to allTcman2006 is a name known to allTcman2006 is a name known to all
Not Ranked  0 score     

my dealership kinda has this deal going..they do all the service and then give me a lifetime powertrain warranty
 Old 01-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #57
The Kamikaze King!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

my dealership kinda has this deal going..they do all the service and then give me a lifetime powertrain warranty
Tranny fluid is not required to be changed according to the Mazda Maintenance schedule.

Therefore do it yourself, how will they know?

Suspension:

Old 01-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #58

Not Ranked  0 score     

Tranny fluid is not required to be changed according to the Mazda Maintenance schedule.

Therefore do it yourself, how will they know?
oooh ok good to know thanks....is there a how to on this?
 Old 01-24-2010, 05:05 PM   #59
The Kamikaze King!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

oooh ok good to know thanks....is there a how to on this?
Link to a "how to" in post # 6 of the thread linked below:
Synthetic transmission oil suggestion

Suspension:

Old 01-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #60

Mudpie will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you are in the Marietta/Atlanta GA area, they carry the Motorcraft stuff at Original Equipment Marketing (340 Franklin Road, Marietta GA, 770-919-2515). The invoice from last May shows a retail price of $17.94/qt, they sold it at $13.12/qt. The big thing is have the Motorcraft part number ( XT-M5-QS ) with you when you go to any of the dealers. A number of people on miata.net have commented how the parts guys keep trying the sell the 75W140 smutz for diffys and claim it replaces the 75W90 stuff. WRONG ANSWER! Even at Original Equipment marketing, they pulled the diffy smutz and I had to show them the right stuff in the Motorcraft catalog, see screen shot below. Also note that Original does not take checks from individuals.

If you want directions involving "you go to the Big Chicken and...," send me a PM indicating where you will be coming from and directions will be supplied. Note, directions may involve mention of Waffle House or street with Peachtree somewhere in the name as well.
 Old 01-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #61

Hank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thought about ordering this Ford fluid since I'm at 26K now, but I have had complaints with the stock fluid. Haven't had any grinds. Only thing I've experienced is when we had the cold snap in FL a few weeks back and it was somewhat hard to shift into 2nd in the mornings.

Where can you purchase the stock fluid at?

Old 02-02-2010, 01:20 PM   #62

hnda etr is the leader of the worldhnda etr is the leader of the worldhnda etr is the leader of the worldhnda etr is the leader of the worldhnda etr is the leader of the worldhnda etr is the leader of the worldhnda etr is the leader of the worldhnda etr is the leader of the worldhnda etr is the leader of the worldhnda etr is the leader of the worldhnda etr is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,129 Times in 1,333 Posts
Groans: 90
Groaned at 279 Times in 248 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Hank3 View Post
Thought about ordering this Ford fluid since I'm at 26K now, but I have had complaints with the stock fluid. Haven't had any grinds. Only thing I've experienced is when we had the cold snap in FL a few weeks back and it was somewhat hard to shift into 2nd in the mornings.

Where can you purchase the stock fluid at?
Uhhh.... Dealership?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 02-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #63

Alpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,986 Times in 1,411 Posts
Groans: 24
Groaned at 109 Times in 61 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

My dealer does it for $79.95, but since I'm supplying the fluid they're only charging me $50... Not too bad at all.

They're doing it on Friday so I'm pumped to feel the difference over the stock gunk.
 Old 02-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #64

Cataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

have you considered doing it yourself?

I mean, you'll save $50...

2008 GT MS3 - 307 WHP/338 WTQ
ATP GTX2867R - HTP 3" Intake - Cobb FMIC pipes + Treadstone TR8L - Cobb Catted Turboback - Cobb XLE BPV - Denso ITV22 plugs - Corksport Injector Seals - KMD HPFP - Cobb AP - CP-E RMM - Southbend Stage 3 Enduro Clutch/Flywheel - Bilstein B8s + Swift Springs - SPC Rear Camber Arms - Hotchkis RSB - MD OCC Kit - Enkei RPF1 - Bridgestone Potenza S-04 235/40/18

1995 Miata
Dunlop Direzza Star Specs 185/60/14 - Koyo 37mm radiator - NAPA blank rotors - StopTech Street Performance pads - 949 Racing XIDA CS Coilovers - IL Motorsports suspension bushings - Racing Beat FSB - 949 Endlinks
 Old 02-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #65
I have candy in my van

MATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,154 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I in-fact changed my trans fluid last night. I put in the Motorcraft XT-M5-QS, as recommended by Jeff (wassup61). Don't pay a dealer to do it, unless you have no tools or means to lift the car. It's really easy to do yourself, with some tubing a funnel and a BIG-ASS 24mm wrench. I actually did it w/o lifting the car.

I also put in my stock RMM, cause the vibes from my cp-e RMM were getting annoying. I'll put the cp-e back in, come my next track day.

Anyways, my car now shifts as smooth as glass. I was having 2nd gear engagement issues, that now seem to be completely gone, thanks to the Motorcraft fluid.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #66

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MATT DAMOND View Post
Anyways, my car now shifts as smooth as glass. I was having 2nd gear engagement issues, that now seem to be completely gone, thanks to the Motorcraft fluid.
good shit, isn't it?

ATP GTX2867R - HTP 3" Intake - Cobb FMIC pipes + Treadstone TR8L - Cobb Catted Turboback - Cobb XLE BPV - Denso ITV22 plugs - Corksport Injector Seals - KMD HPFP - Cobb AP - CP-E RMM - Southbend Stage 3 Enduro Clutch/Flywheel - Bilstein B8s + Swift Springs - SPC Rear Camber Arms - Hotchkis RSB - MD OCC Kit - Enkei RPF1 - Bridgestone Potenza S-04 235/40/18

1995 Miata
Dunlop Direzza Star Specs 185/60/14 - Koyo 37mm radiator - NAPA blank rotors - StopTech Street Performance pads - 949 Racing XIDA CS Coilovers - IL Motorsports suspension bushings - Racing Beat FSB - 949 Endlinks
 Old 02-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #67

Frequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got it for a pretty good price off Ebay. $32.49 for 3 quarts + $13 for shipping.
08.5 CWP MS3 - Cobb AP *Stage 2* ATR tweaked - Cobb SRI w/AEM dry flow filter - RPMC Inlet - Corksport TMIC - Corksport Downpipe (w/OE midpipe) - PTP HPFP - Stock BPV - TWM SS w/bushings - CP-e RMM - Bilstein Sports w/OE springs - Rota 18x8.5 48+ SVN Black/w Red Lip - Bridgestone Potenza RE760 - Cobb RSB - Prosport Boost Gauge/Mearcat pod - Motorcraft XT-M5-QS in the tranny!
 Old 02-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #68

madvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,994 Times in 1,710 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 17 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think I'm going to go ahead and jump on this bandwagon..
[Precision 5557 T4 flanged Journal Bearing Turbo][Race Roots Ceramic Coated T4 Manifold][Race Roots 3" V-Band Catless Downpipe][Race Roots Under-Car FMIC kit][CXracing 18"x31"x3" IC Core][Tial 44mm EWG With 0.9Bar Spring][Cobb AP][Full Str33tunit Mount Set][Madvillain 4" Inlet/Intake][Cp-e xcelXL Maf Housing][Devilsown Meth Injection Kit][HKS Ignition Amplifier][Cp-e Catback Exhaust][HKS bov][PTP IM Spacer][Whoosh EGR Delete][AEM Digital Boost Gauge][Matt Damond OCC Kit][Trunk Mounted Optima Battery with KnuKonceptz Kit][Madvillain ECU box][TWM Short Shifter][BC Coilovers][Cobb Rear Sway Bar][Falken Azenis rt615's][Eibach Pro 25mm Spacers]
 Old 02-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #69

Alpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MATT DAMOND View Post
I in-fact changed my trans fluid last night. I put in the Motorcraft XT-M5-QS, as recommended by Jeff (wassup61). Don't pay a dealer to do it, unless you have no tools or means to lift the car. It's really easy to do yourself, with some tubing a funnel and a BIG-ASS 24mm wrench. I actually did it w/o lifting the car.

I also put in my stock RMM, cause the vibes from my cp-e RMM were getting annoying. I'll put the cp-e back in, come my next track day.

Hmm... You've got me thinking now.

I might just it then. I mean, $50 is $50.
 Old 02-03-2010, 04:38 AM   #70
Eth/Meth Junkie

cld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,488 Times in 1,740 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
Hmm... You've got me thinking now.

I might just it then. I mean, $50 is $50.
Takes less than an hour. So unless making $50/hr is not interesting to you then go for it.

If you need to buy a tool or two? So what, you will still come out $30 ahead and with useful tools.
08 MS3: ATP GTX3071 at 26PSI , AEM Dryflow 21-2147DK, CP-E 3.25'' MAF, CP-E Nviscid TIP, PG FMIC piping with Treadstone TR11 core, Cobb BPV, Ported IM, PG v1 manifold, CP-E catted DP, CNT CBE, KMD v2, Grimspeed EBCS, Alkycontrol Meth injection (M10 with 100% meth), E40 fuel, Cobb AP (ATR= WIN), ACT ZX4-HDSS, 3-Bar MAP, JBR RSB, and CP-E 60 Duro Engine Mount Set. (297.3WHP/366.9WTQ - on K04, 469.2WHP/420.7WTQ - on GTX3071)
 Old 02-03-2010, 09:23 AM   #71
The Kamikaze King!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by cld12pk2go View Post
If you need to buy a tool or two? So what, you will still come out $30 ahead and with useful tools.
That is the way I always look at it........ it is like the dealership buying me tools.

Suspension:

Old 02-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #72

Not Ranked  0 score     

Haha! SOLD!
 Old 02-03-2010, 12:06 PM   #73

Fagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,217 Times in 543 Posts
Groans: 75
Groaned at 57 Times in 37 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

just ordered mine!
 Old 02-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #74
Speeeeeed

06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 14,556 Times in 2,803 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 23 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer View Post
I got it for a pretty good price off Ebay. $32.49 for 3 quarts + $13 for shipping.
Ur a bitch! I sent them a message and asked them for a 3qt auction lmao.

P&P, flow benched, head with welded EGR and +1mm inconel exhaust valves (260/200cfm @ .500"), Web Cams, Custom crankcase breather with integrated air/oil seperator, Custom 3/4" ID pan vac system, Blow through maf, Port matched IM, CNC AN-12 ORB block oil adapter, CP-e 88mm Stage 2 pistons, Pauter 22.5mm rods, ARP main, head, and crank studs, CP-e injector seals, Injector stud kit, Cometec 88mm 5 layer HG, Deatschworks flow tested matched injectors, DCR VVT, PTP 2250psi RV, Corksport front sway, Whiteline rear sway, AWR front/rear sway links, TT FMM, AWR 70d DMM, JBR 80D PMM, SU RMM, TT FRDM, CP-e RRDM, Autotech CDFP, DW65c ITFP, Custom L/A IC with a dual pass 20x25x1.5 heat exchanger, Dual Cobra I/C pumps, 2.5" ID 700hp I/A intercooler, Custom DP, Corksport catback, Corksport exhaust hangers, chrome plated genpu valve cover, chrome plated timing cover, Spin on oil filter, Fluidyne dual pass AN-12 oil cooler, Hayden oil cooler fan controller, Dual 4.7" SPAL oil cooler fans, Canton Racing 22-480 oil tstat, Custom BMRS AN-12 oil lines, SPC ball joints, 55w/35w headlights and independently switched fogs on custom waterproof harnesses, PIAA Super Plasma driving and interior lights, rear diff cutout switch, 3M clear front cover, Volk 17x7.5 wheels, Custom tcase bearing cap upgrade, GS EBC 3 port, Redline SS hood lift, Versatune, Defi gauges, Innovate MTX-L WB gauge, triple center gauge pod, Block8head dual vent pod, Redline shift boot & ebrake cover & arm rest cover, Mazdaspeed CF ebrake handle, SBC Full Face Feramic Clutch Disc, Dashawk, ACL rod bearings, King main bearings, Cosworth BSD, Custom windage tray, Holset HX35w, Creative Performance T3 EWG manifold, HKS VTA BOV, A1 H11 head studs, Hylomar HG sealant, SSP EGR delete plate, JBR EGR IM plug, JGS 40mm Race EWG

Old 02-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #75

bani has a reputation beyond reputebani has a reputation beyond reputebani has a reputation beyond reputebani has a reputation beyond reputebani has a reputation beyond reputebani has a reputation beyond reputebani has a reputation beyond reputebani has a reputation beyond reputebani has a reputation beyond reputebani has a reputation beyond reputebani has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 35
Groaned at 35 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Isnt our tranny a Getrag? think I remember reading that somewhere.
no. our trans is an Aisin BG6.
 Old 02-13-2010, 07:31 PM   #76
The Kamikaze King!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by bani View Post
no. our trans is an Aisin BG6.
That was cleared up in posts #4 #7 and #11......
Maybe read the thread next time.

Suspension:

Old 02-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #77

FULLBLOWN is a splendid one to beholdFULLBLOWN is a splendid one to beholdFULLBLOWN is a splendid one to beholdFULLBLOWN is a splendid one to beholdFULLBLOWN is a splendid one to beholdFULLBLOWN is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

So this is probably a long shot but from what I read in here, by only one person, would amsoil be a better way to go even if its more expensive?
 Old 02-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #78

Not Ranked  0 score     

Buy the XT-M5-QS. It is the lube of the Gods. It flows in a giant, slippery river from its source on top of Mount Olympus, spreading smooth shifts to mortals throughout the land

1995 Miata
 Old 02-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #79

banditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the world
Groans: 50
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It is truly outstanding. I put this stuff in last week, and it really does make quite a difference in shift smoothness. The shifter seems much less reluctant to push through the gates. I also installed my solid shifter base bushings, and shifter weight a few days ago, which further pleases my right hand. IMHO these are the first 3 things you should do to this car. It really makes it quite a bit more enjoyable to drive. For under $100 bucks total for those 3 mods, you can't go wrong. DO IT.
 Old 02-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #80

Frequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Not Ranked  0 score     

I put this XT-M5-QS shit in today. I haven't driven it very much since, but from what I can tell, it's smooth as butter already.
08.5 CWP MS3 - Cobb AP *Stage 2* ATR tweaked - Cobb SRI w/AEM dry flow filter - RPMC Inlet - Corksport TMIC - Corksport Downpipe (w/OE midpipe) - PTP HPFP - Stock BPV - TWM SS w/bushings - CP-e RMM - Bilstein Sports w/OE springs - Rota 18x8.5 48+ SVN Black/w Red Lip - Bridgestone Potenza RE760 - Cobb RSB - Prosport Boost Gauge/Mearcat pod - Motorcraft XT-M5-QS in the tranny!