register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base
>
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base (Gen1 - Gen 2)
> MSF KB - Mazdaspeed 3/6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #241

CaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did the Motorcraft XT-M5-QS this last weekend on my MS6 (not a fun job, try and find a 24mm offset closed-end wrench and remove the intake). It wasn't that different at first, but after 600 miles, there is a REAL difference. Before it could sometimes feel like metal on metal through the shifter, and that is gone.

I got it for $19 at a local dealer.

I did the Motorcraft XT-M5-QS this last weekend on my MS6 (not a fun job, try and find a 24mm offset closed-end wrench and remove the intake). It wasn't that different at first, but after 600 miles, there is a REAL difference. Before it could sometimes feel like metal on metal through the shifter, and that is gone.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #242

Cataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,450 Times in 794 Posts
Groans: 30
Groaned at 28 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I truly hope you mean $19 per quart...otherwise you got the best deal on the planet on that stuff...

2008 GT MS3 - 307 WHP/338 WTQ
ATP GTX2867R - HTP 3" Intake - Cobb FMIC pipes + Treadstone TR8L - Cobb Catted Turboback - Cobb XLE BPV - Denso ITV22 plugs - Corksport Injector Seals - KMD HPFP - Cobb AP - CP-E RMM - Southbend Stage 3 Enduro Clutch/Flywheel - Bilstein B8s + Swift Springs - SPC Rear Camber Arms - Hotchkis RSB - MD OCC Kit - Enkei RPF1 - Bridgestone Potenza S-04 235/40/18

1995 Miata
Dunlop Direzza Star Specs 185/60/14 - Koyo 37mm radiator - NAPA blank rotors - StopTech Street Performance pads - 949 Racing XIDA CS Coilovers - IL Motorsports suspension bushings - Racing Beat FSB - 949 Endlinks
 Old 06-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #243

CaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the worldCaptainCrunch is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sweet baby jesus, if I had got it for $6.33 a quart I would have bought a thousand of them. The 3 actually came to $57 altogether.
 Old 06-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #244

Neverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,371 Times in 2,495 Posts
Groans: 1,143
Groaned at 206 Times in 144 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It takes about 2k miles for it to break in.
'06 MS6: COBB SRI/TIP//18x8 Enkei Imola//TooLateTuning Springs//SPC Balljoints//JBR RMM//Techna-Fit SS Clutch line
Bimmer Challenge & Global Time Attack Project
'99 BMW 328is: KW Variant3 w/ Vorshlag plates//AKG M3 Adj. Endlinks w/ 95 M3 FSB//18x9.5 +35 Advanti Optimo w/ 245/35 Hankook Z214 (C51)//E46 330i Front w/ Hawk DTC60 & E46 328i Rear w/ Hawk DTC50 & Hard Motorsport Ducting//Turner CTSCC Camber Arms//SLR Adjustable Lollipops//3 clutch 3.73 LSD//Welded 4 Point Gusseted X Brace Rollbar + Harness Bar//Sparco Ergo II w/ 6 point Schroth Clubman//Garagistic Delrin Motor & Trans Mounts, Rear Subframe, & Differential Bushings//OEM M3 Rear Subframe Reinforcement & Rear Trailing Arm Pocket Reinforcement//Z3 Steering Rack & Garagistic DSSR SSK//UUC Stage 2 Flywheel & M5 Clutch//S52 Camshafts w/ 7100 redline//M50 Intake Manifold//S50 Oilpan w/ VAC Baffle & Oil Filter Housing//CSF Radiator & Expansion Tank w/ Spal fan//3.5" MAF & Dinan CAI//#24 lb Injectors//VAC Fuel Starvation Kit//Active Autowerke GenII Header-back//OBD1 M52B28 w/ 230+whp
 Old 06-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #245

CW42 has a brilliant futureCW42 has a brilliant futureCW42 has a brilliant futureCW42 has a brilliant futureCW42 has a brilliant futureCW42 has a brilliant futureCW42 has a brilliant futureCW42 has a brilliant futureCW42 has a brilliant futureCW42 has a brilliant futureCW42 has a brilliant future
Groaned at 13 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

When it's cold and windy here, I get a very slight grinding feel. Now that it's summer it goes into 2nd fairly easily (takes a bit more force than the other gears) if you do it quickly, but I notice that if you hover between the gears too much (1 going down to 2) and try to ease it in, you can feel the gears bumping and then grind if you hover there too long. This only happens when the car is moving. When the car is stopped, no grinding or bumpiness is noticed while playing with the shifter in any way. I actually had this problem a bit with the 97 V6 Camaro I had after I got them to replace my clutch. Gears would not engage easily when the car was in motion and 3rd would grind in winter and was always harder to get into. Is this resistance to go into gear when a car is in motion normal? I drove the Camaro for 5 years that way and it never seemed to hurt anything or ever get any worse.
 Old 06-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #246

babypetit has a brilliant futurebabypetit has a brilliant futurebabypetit has a brilliant futurebabypetit has a brilliant futurebabypetit has a brilliant futurebabypetit has a brilliant futurebabypetit has a brilliant futurebabypetit has a brilliant futurebabypetit has a brilliant futurebabypetit has a brilliant futurebabypetit has a brilliant future
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

subbed
 Old 07-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #247

Lexx3D is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can anybody link me to a How-to on transmission oil change please?
Thanks
 Old 07-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #248

Cataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the worldCataphract_40 is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,450 Times in 794 Posts
Groans: 30
Groaned at 28 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This one's not bad, I used it when I changed out my transmission fluid to XT-M5-QS...

HOW TO: Transmission fluid change on MS3 *updated with some new info 11-15-07*

2008 GT MS3 - 307 WHP/338 WTQ
ATP GTX2867R - HTP 3" Intake - Cobb FMIC pipes + Treadstone TR8L - Cobb Catted Turboback - Cobb XLE BPV - Denso ITV22 plugs - Corksport Injector Seals - KMD HPFP - Cobb AP - CP-E RMM - Southbend Stage 3 Enduro Clutch/Flywheel - Bilstein B8s + Swift Springs - SPC Rear Camber Arms - Hotchkis RSB - MD OCC Kit - Enkei RPF1 - Bridgestone Potenza S-04 235/40/18

1995 Miata
Dunlop Direzza Star Specs 185/60/14 - Koyo 37mm radiator - NAPA blank rotors - StopTech Street Performance pads - 949 Racing XIDA CS Coilovers - IL Motorsports suspension bushings - Racing Beat FSB - 949 Endlinks
 Old 07-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #249

Mid_Life_Crisis is the leader of the worldMid_Life_Crisis is the leader of the worldMid_Life_Crisis is the leader of the worldMid_Life_Crisis is the leader of the worldMid_Life_Crisis is the leader of the worldMid_Life_Crisis is the leader of the worldMid_Life_Crisis is the leader of the worldMid_Life_Crisis is the leader of the worldMid_Life_Crisis is the leader of the worldMid_Life_Crisis is the leader of the worldMid_Life_Crisis is the leader of the world
Groaned at 14 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did it a few weeks ago. Nice improvement. It isn't a miracle cure that suddenly makes the tranny become a joy to drive, but it is better than it was. Weird thing is that after a few days I had to adjust the shifter. Once the new stuff displaced the old it started getting notchy, whereas before it was just stubborn. Adjustment cleared that up.
 Old 09-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #250
hidin in yo bushes

CWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 12,754 Times in 4,724 Posts
Groans: 122
Groaned at 70 Times in 57 Posts

Discuss Here: Transmission Cured

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ
10-19-13 Moore Automotive