register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base
>
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base (Gen1 - Gen 2)
> MSF KB - Mazdaspeed 3/6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jesse MS3GT
  • 1 Post By yang_jackson

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-10-2008, 08:52 AM   #1

Jesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,358 Times in 86 Posts
Groans: 4
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default TSB's and Recalls for MS3

If possible please sticky! Also feel free to move this if you feel it is better suited elsewhere.

***NEW*** TSB thanks to Dadasracecar (added 4/8/08)
Click link below for Cam Driven Fuel Pump TSB

NHTSA Recall Campaign Number: 07V295000

Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING

Details: ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE NO. 4 LEFT SIDE ENGINE MOUNT BOLT MAY LOOSEN IF A SUDDEN RAPID ACCELERATION IS REPEATEDLY PERFORMED.

Consequence: IF THE VEHICLE IS CONTINUOUSLY DRIVEN UNDER SUCH CONDITION, THE NO. 4 ENGINE MOUNT BOLT MAY LOOSEN AND PULL OUT OR BREAK, ALLOWING THE TRANSMISSION TO BE OUT OF POSITION. IN EXTREME CASES, THE DRIVE SHAFT MAY BECOME DETACHED. IF THIS OCCURS THE VEHICLE WILL LOSE POWER AND WILL COME TO A STOP, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Corrective Action: DEALERS WILL INSPECT AND REPLACE THE NO. 4 ENGINE MOUNT BOLT WITH A MODIFIED ONE, AND, IF NECESSARY, REPLACE THE NO. 4 ENGINE MOUNT RUBBER AND BRACKET WITH NEW ONES FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALLBEGAN ON JULY 13, 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT MAZDA AT 800-222-5500 .

Units Potentially Affected: 5700

Recall Initiated By: ODI
Date added to NHTSA datbase: 07/10/2007

NHTSA Recall Campaign Number: 07V052000

Component: EQUIPMENT

Details: ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH OPTIONAL ACCESSORY ALL WEATHER FLOOR MATS, THERE IS INSUFFICIENT CLEARANCE BETWEEN THE FLOOR MAT AND ACCELERATOR PEDAL.

Consequence: IN THIS SITUATION IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL MIGHT GET STUCK BEHIND THE FLOOR MAT, WHICH MAY PREVENT THE VEHICLE FROM PROPERLY DECELERATING WHEN THE ACCELERATOR IS RELEASED INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Corrective Action: OWNERS WILL BE INSTRUCTED TO RETURN THE FLOOR MATS TO DEALERS AND WILL BE SHIPPED A NEW FLOOR MAT FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON MARCH 7, 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT MAZDA AT 1-800-222-5500.

Units Potentially Affected: 1700

Recall Initiated By: MFR
Date added to NHTSA datbase: 02/15/2007

SERVICE BULLETIN:09012007 NHTSA ITEM NUMBER:10023192

MFG Bulletin Date: 20070901

Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:WIRING:INTERIOR/UNDER DASH

Bulletin Summary: MIL ILLUMINATION (DTC P2006) VOLUNTARY EMISSION RECALL CAMPAIGN 4807H AND OBD-II COMPLIANCE VOLUNTARY EMISSION RECALL CAMPAIGN 4907H. *NJ

Date added to datbase: 20071101

SERVICE BULLETIN:0101007 NHTSA ITEM NUMBER:10021521

MFG Bulletin Date: 20070301

Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE

Bulletin Summary: MIL COMES ON WITH DTC P2006 (VARIABLE SWIRL CONTROL SYSTEM SHUTTER VALVE STUCK CLOSED). *KB

Date added to datbase: 20070514

SERVICE BULLETIN:0102206 NHTSA ITEM NUMBER:10023313

MFG Bulletin Date: 20070907

Component: SUSPENSION:FRONT

Bulletin Summary: FRONT CRANKSHAFT BOLT SERVICE WARNING. *NJ

Date added to datbase: 20071114

MTOL - 5636 Dealer Repair Information

Symptom and Conditions

Some customers may experience a chattering noise when passing over bumps
and/or driving on a rough roads,that may be confused as a dash rattle
at the base of the windshield.

Condition may be the result of a stick slips noise that occurs between
the cowl grill and the windshield.
Repair Procedure

When you encounter a customer with this concern replace the insulator
pads on the 8 hooks of the cowl grill with improved part as listed.

Part No. L206-50-794 Qty. 8 (4 per side)
Boosted_Speed3 likes this.

35psi, super cams, ported head, titanium valve springs, titanium rods/pistons, flux capacitor, 88mph mod, cryogenic tranny with welded differential
 Old 03-25-2008, 08:39 PM   #2

HiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 15
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default New Recall

Got a call this afternoon from my dealer about a recall. Something to do with Door latch/lock re-enforcement??? Going in tomorow afternoon to get it done. I'll post more info after the work has been done.
 Old 03-25-2008, 08:41 PM   #3

NYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the world
Thanked 29,976 Times in 478 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
 Old 03-25-2008, 08:45 PM   #4

HiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the worldHiggyMS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

They said it should take about an hour to complete and the "parts" just came in today. So I'm not sure if they are going to replace somehting or what but they wanted me in their ASAP to get it done.
 Old 03-25-2008, 08:51 PM   #5

NYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the world
Thanked 29,976 Times in 478 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Merged:
keep us updated!!!!!
 Old 03-26-2008, 01:12 PM   #6

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah so I'm not sure what the dealership was smoking. I get there and ask exactly what the recall is.......its for the locks. Its the whole If someone kicks your doors the right way they will unlock thing. I was like ok get it fixed than. They take my car into the bay and come out 5 mins later and say yeah your vehicle does not need the recall. Not a happy camper right now about them wasting my time along with having to leave work early to bring my car in.
 Old 03-26-2008, 01:17 PM   #7

BlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 13 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I thought they fixed that with the older models..... sucks you had to waste your time.

Dealers are morons.
 Old 12-08-2008, 11:04 AM   #8
AG.

AG. is the leader of the worldAG. is the leader of the worldAG. is the leader of the worldAG. is the leader of the worldAG. is the leader of the worldAG. is the leader of the worldAG. is the leader of the worldAG. is the leader of the worldAG. is the leader of the worldAG. is the leader of the worldAG. is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

mitchells also works very well
 Old 12-30-2008, 05:29 PM   #9

Speedy3 is the leader of the worldSpeedy3 is the leader of the worldSpeedy3 is the leader of the worldSpeedy3 is the leader of the worldSpeedy3 is the leader of the worldSpeedy3 is the leader of the worldSpeedy3 is the leader of the worldSpeedy3 is the leader of the worldSpeedy3 is the leader of the worldSpeedy3 is the leader of the worldSpeedy3 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Missing the VVT and CDFP TSB here.
 Old 02-10-2009, 07:16 PM   #10

ctbadley is a jewel in the roughctbadley is a jewel in the roughctbadley is a jewel in the rough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How serious is the motor mount loosening? Does this happen very often?
 Old 04-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #11

dimitry will become famous soon enoughdimitry will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im going in to a dealer cross state to look at an MS3. Would they know which recalls have been fixed in the car? It's an Acura dealer, so they don't sell Mazdas often.
 Old 05-03-2009, 12:40 PM   #12

spool is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm glad the recall 07V2295000 is on here because my 07 Speed 3 for some odd reason never had this reall performed before I bought it, and low and behold last night the bolt snaps, of course it has to be Sat night when it breaks so now I have to tow the car in tomorrow morning but I'm going to raise hell for the fact it was a certified used car through mazda without having the recall performed. I am not a happy camper but thanks to you guys I can seriously talk to my dealer about some lingering questions I now have about their service work / certification there.
 Old 05-03-2009, 01:03 PM   #13
Fuck sushi rolls

rodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the world
Thanked 24,881 Times in 7,894 Posts
Groans: 356
Groaned at 509 Times in 380 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

axle clicking tsb..............anyone????

2007 Ms3 3071r fully bolted , retired and sold after 110k miles of abuse

2014 Black Track Pack premium , NA 4lyfe ...AED dyno tuned on E85 466.6whp / 406.8 TQ SAE

Old 06-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #14

suby killer MS3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just bought a 2008 MS3 and i was wondering after reading this thread if your in cali area if you could suggest a dealer to get the recalls checked and or fixed
 Old 07-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #15

The Frush will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

hmmm, seeing all this and reading the thread about how everyone is having there motor blowing up is kinda making me think twice about getting one....
Some say he urinates 98 RON petrol, and that he can smell corners. No one knows when he was born, or how. But we do know why he was placed upon the Earth. To drive quickly. He has a penchant for prog rock, and rumour has it, likes his eggs sunny side up.......
All we know is he's called The STIG!!
 Old 07-07-2009, 04:33 PM   #16

yang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the world
Groans: 29
Groaned at 56 Times in 24 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by The Frush View Post
hmmm, seeing all this and reading the thread about how everyone is having there motor blowing up is kinda making me think twice about getting one....
maybe you should get a Yaris.... i heard they are very dependable....
 Old 07-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by yang_jackson View Post

i should get one of those... then i can save money and buy a real turbo car... like a supra evo, or sti... yeah thanks for the idea... ass, I'm new on the site ans still have to read more about the ms3, so if i read more good then bad then i will get one. so far the stuff im reading is making me want to learn more about the ms3
Some say he urinates 98 RON petrol, and that he can smell corners. No one knows when he was born, or how. But we do know why he was placed upon the Earth. To drive quickly. He has a penchant for prog rock, and rumour has it, likes his eggs sunny side up.......
 Old 07-11-2009, 01:11 AM   #18

yang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the world
Groans: 29
Groaned at 56 Times in 24 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i should get one of those... then i can save money and buy a real turbo car... like a supra evo, or sti... yeah thanks for the idea... ass, I'm new on the site ans still have to read more about the ms3, so if i read more good then bad then i will get one. so far the stuff im reading is making me want to learn more about the ms3
i dont get it.... why is this stuff youre reading make you wanna learn more about the ms3 if it isnt a 'real turbo car... like a supra evo (sic), or sti....'?

some unsolicited advice: if you are going for easy big power, choose a dif platform. if you want the best/fastest daily driver, the ms3 is for you. even though my car will never be 400+hp, its still fast as fuck and i couldnt be happier.
Boosted_Speed3 likes this.
 Old 07-23-2009, 06:03 PM   #19

Not Ranked  0 score     

i dont get it.... why is this stuff youre reading make you wanna learn more about the ms3 if it isnt a 'real turbo car... like a supra evo (sic), or sti....'?

some unsolicited advice: if you are going for easy big power, choose a dif platform. if you want the best/fastest daily driver, the ms3 is for you. even though my car will never be 400+hp, its still fast as fuck and i couldnt be happier.

I'm not going for big easy power. i have driven 2 ms3 and liked them and there's no way in hell i would want a fwd car to have 400+ hp, it would lose all it's fun. i had a focus that had a bunch of cosworth stuff and had 228 wph on a mild tune and it was good enough for me but i was t boned and decided i would look into a turbo car that's fun to drive. the only reason i said "real turbo cars" was due to the reason that they have been around longer than the speed3. i'm not intentionally putting the speed3 down it's a good step forward in to the turbo game for the 5 door car. i was just in a bad mood, im currently looking at a silver speed3 bone stock except or some wheels. not sure what kind has no center cap's
 Old 10-29-2009, 12:10 PM   #20

bergj1986 is a name known to allbergj1986 is a name known to allbergj1986 is a name known to allbergj1986 is a name known to allbergj1986 is a name known to allbergj1986 is a name known to all
Groans: 3
Groaned at 5 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just brought my car in for some warranty work. My driver's side seatbelt latch was squeaking when I went over bumps, apparently there's a TSB for this. When I drop the car off again to get the work done I'll get more info about the TSB.

There's also a TSB for Bose radio's eating CD's. My dealer said not to use MP3 CD's in my MP3-capable Bose CD-Changer because "they get stuck." Sounds like BS to me. I told him whenever I'm playing a burned CD, I can't change discs, even though the lights illuminate, nothing happens. However, the CDs will change if using a store-bought CD.

I'll keep everyone posted on what I find.
 Old 11-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #21

erod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the worlderod550 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,135 Times in 115 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 16 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by bergj1986 View Post
There's also a TSB for Bose radio's eating CD's. My dealer said not to use MP3 CD's in my MP3-capable Bose CD-Changer because "they get stuck." Sounds like BS to me. I told him whenever I'm playing a burned CD, I can't change discs, even though the lights illuminate, nothing happens. However, the CDs will change if using a store-bought CD.

I'll keep everyone posted on what I find.
What year is yours? I have an '09 and I have used a burned MP3 CD in my Bose CD Changer with no problems.
 Old 12-04-2009, 06:08 PM   #22
Dismember

KaiserSoze is the leader of the worldKaiserSoze is the leader of the worldKaiserSoze is the leader of the worldKaiserSoze is the leader of the worldKaiserSoze is the leader of the worldKaiserSoze is the leader of the worldKaiserSoze is the leader of the worldKaiserSoze is the leader of the worldKaiserSoze is the leader of the worldKaiserSoze is the leader of the worldKaiserSoze is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,184 Times in 171 Posts
Groans: 9
Groaned at 27 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here's a list of bulletins

Finish Line / Rosenthal Mazda Parts & Accessories—::—Mazda3 Bulletins
 Old 12-14-2009, 04:12 PM   #23

DISITRB has much to be proud ofDISITRB has much to be proud ofDISITRB has much to be proud ofDISITRB has much to be proud ofDISITRB has much to be proud ofDISITRB has much to be proud ofDISITRB has much to be proud ofDISITRB has much to be proud ofDISITRB has much to be proud ofDISITRB has much to be proud of
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Drive shaft TSB

Hey the Drive shaft TSB seems to be only for the regular mazda3 but I think that is occurring with my mazdaspeed3 did any one get this done on their MS3. I would like to know thanks
 Old 12-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #24
The Kamikaze King!

FreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,286 Times in 1,253 Posts
Groans: 754
Groaned at 128 Times in 100 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by DISITRB View Post
Hey the Drive shaft TSB seems to be only for the regular mazda3 but I think that is occurring with my mazdaspeed3 did any one get this done on their MS3. I would like to know thanks
Mine was clicking, they replaced the entire shaft about a month ago MS3.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/FreeFlyFreak/speed-3

Suspension:
OEM --> FSD 4040 --> FSD 4040 with cut stops --> MS Coils --> FSD 4045's --> FSD4045 with cut stops --> Bilstein Sports

Yes, that is me in the avatar.
 Old 12-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #25

IshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,854 Posts
Groans: 278
Groaned at 533 Times in 425 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

mine is clicking too
 Old 12-14-2009, 04:51 PM   #26

07SP33D3 is just really nice07SP33D3 is just really nice07SP33D3 is just really nice07SP33D3 is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

whats it sound like if its clicking? and how do you know? my car has like a clicking sound coming from the back of the car like everytime i go over bumps and shit.
 Old 12-14-2009, 04:56 PM   #27
The Kamikaze King!

FreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 07SP33D3 View Post
whats it sound like if its clicking?
click, click, click .........

and how do you know?
you hear it.

my car has like a clicking sound coming from the back of the car like everytime i go over bumps and shit.
You shit in your car going over bumps?

You need a Proctologist not a Mechanic!

Suspension:
OEM --> FSD 4040 --> FSD 4040 with cut stops --> MS Coils --> FSD 4045's --> FSD4045 with cut stops --> Bilstein Sports

Old 12-14-2009, 07:08 PM   #28

IshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,854 Posts
Groans: 278
Groaned at 533 Times in 425 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

whats it sound like if its clicking? and how do you know? my car has like a clicking sound coming from the back of the car like everytime i go over bumps and shit.
you began to hear it on the cars initial move fwd (click) or in reverse (click)

thats how many started atleast
 Old 12-14-2009, 07:31 PM   #29

07SP33D3 is just really nice07SP33D3 is just really nice07SP33D3 is just really nice07SP33D3 is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by FreeFlyFreak View Post

you hear it.

i really appreciate the douchebag answer...
 Old 12-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #30

DISITRB has much to be proud ofDISITRB has much to be proud ofDISITRB has much to be proud ofDISITRB has much to be proud ofDISITRB has much to be proud ofDISITRB has much to be proud ofDISITRB has much to be proud ofDISITRB has much to be proud ofDISITRB has much to be proud ofDISITRB has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks. this will the first time taking my car in. I have TT front mount, catch can, forge bpv cobb sri, bc coils and rims. do you think this will be a problem for recall service.

Originally Posted by 240mazspd3 View Post

that exactly right. If I go reverse and forward I can repeat all the time. I have check all my suspension, sway bar and endlinks and I can't find nothing odd. it has to be it.

thanks for the help guys.

I schedule it for service on friday will see how it goes.
 Old 12-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #31

phantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,102 Times in 307 Posts
Groans: 190
Groaned at 53 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 240mazspd3 View Post

I'm starting to get it... Only once as I move either forward or backward.

Currently Designing:

The golden girdle of the gods
The CF "fuck your face" IM
 Old 12-15-2009, 08:49 AM   #32

Not Ranked  0 score     

One more thing. What do say to the dealer as far the service bulletin? They are telling me that there isn't a service bulletin like that for the MS3 I knew they were going to give shit I have not even show up there and its already problem. Is this something you pay for?
 Old 12-15-2009, 09:18 AM   #33
The Kamikaze King!

Not Ranked  0 score     

One more thing. What do say to the dealer as far the service bulletin? They are telling me that there isn't a service bulletin like that for the MS3 I knew they were going to give shit I have not even show up there and its already problem. Is this something you pay for?
I didnt mention the bulletin, it doesn't apply to MS3 and would just confuse the issue.
Just told them there was clicking from drivers side front during load changes, that I could only hear it with the window down, and that it sounded like a bad CV joint.

They checked it out, ordered a new axle.
Replaced under warranty.

Suspension:

Old 12-15-2009, 05:48 PM   #34

Not Ranked  0 score     

I didnt mention the bulletin, it doesn't apply to MS3 and would just confuse the issue.
Just told them there was clicking from drivers side front during load changes, that I could only hear it with the window down, and that it sounded like a bad CV joint.

They checked it out, ordered a new axle.
Replaced under warranty.
Nice to hear. What a your mods and do you think I will pass by with mine.
Thanks for the help.
 Old 12-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #35
The Kamikaze King!

Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice to hear. What a your mods and do you think I will pass by with mine.
Thanks for the help.
My mods, Koni FSD shocks, and Cobb SRI
As far as the dealer is concerned........
In other words everything else is removed for visits, and I would remove the SRI too if I was going in for any warranty work engine related.

You have........
TT front mount, catch can, forge bpv cobb sri, bc coils and rims

LOL... good luck, depends on your dealer really, I would consult the Good dealer and Bad dealer lists on the forum to see if there is a "good" dealer in your area.

Suspension:

Old 12-22-2009, 11:35 AM   #36

shpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you hear it.

Dude, thank you for your post. This had me fricken ROLLING here at work. People lookin all funny at me now. lol
 Old 12-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #37
The Kamikaze King!

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by shpankey View Post
Dude, thank you for your post. This had me fricken ROLLING here at work. People lookin all funny at me now. lol
Glad you liked it.... LOL

Suspension:

Old 04-18-2010, 06:39 PM   #38

Mikey95hd can only hope to improve
Groaned at 16 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The STIG is Michael Schumacher.

Originally Posted by suby killer MS3 View Post
I just bought a 2008 MS3 and i was wondering after reading this thread if your in cali area if you could suggest a dealer to get the recalls checked and or fixed
Santa Clarita Galpin, Steve is the top mechanic in the country on these cars...

I think a LEAF would be better

I'm not going for big easy power. i have driven 2 ms3 and liked them and there's no way in hell i would want a fwd car to have 400+ hp, it would lose all it's fun. i had a focus that had a bunch of cosworth stuff and had 228 wph on a mild tune and it was good enough for me but i was t boned and decided i would look into a turbo car that's fun to drive. the only reason i said "real turbo cars" was due to the reason that they have been around longer than the speed3. i'm not intentionally putting the speed3 down it's a good step forward in to the turbo game for the 5 door car. i was just in a bad mood, im currently looking at a silver speed3 bone stock except or some wheels. not sure what kind has no center cap's
Since you had a Focus, get the Focus RS 500...only 500 will be made
 Old 04-23-2010, 08:43 PM   #39

usmc_adams is a jewel in the roughusmc_adams is a jewel in the roughusmc_adams is a jewel in the rough
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

so if i take my car to the mazda dealer and tell them these are the recalls can you fix them even if nothing wrong that i know of can they charge you for this? and or does ne of these recalls must be screwing with my car before they will fix it?

08 Mazdaspeed3 Mica Black-PG Torque damper, CP-e Xcel Nano SRI w/ pre-filter, Forged BPV V2, 4000 watt lanzar, 2 12' kickers at 2000 each
 Old 09-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #40
hidin in yo bushes

CWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 12,754 Times in 4,724 Posts
Groans: 122
Groaned at 70 Times in 57 Posts

Discuss Here: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...speed-3-a-151/

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ
10-19-13 Moore Automotive