register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base
>
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base (Gen1 - Gen 2)
> MSF KB - Mazdaspeed 3/6 - Fuel

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-23-2011, 11:56 AM   #161

Mchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the world
Groans: 54
Groaned at 42 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Monotonous ONE View Post
battery removal is not necessary in the least
It is if you don't have a short enough wrench and small enough hands to be able to reach into that space.
 Old 01-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #162

Mchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the worldMchart is the leader of the world
Groans: 54
Groaned at 42 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well.. Results are in the KMD internals seem to be doing the job. Pump holds well above 1700 PSI throughout the entire band now. Hits 1900 PSI from time to time as well.

This upgraded pump seems to be a bit more noisy then the stock one.. But I would assume that is due to the increased size of the internals.

Thanks for the help Joe.
 Old 01-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #163

ebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 7
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

battery removal is not necessary in the least
I have the hands of a Giant! I am certainly going to try and avoid removing bat. box and intake, but it really doesn't take more than 10 mins or so after you've done it a few times.
 Old 01-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #164

JTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,146 Times in 1,311 Posts
Groans: 22
Groaned at 21 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The guy who installed my internals pulled the pump in about 10 mins and just removed the lines and IC cover. No battery or intake was hurt during the installation of these internals.

4/15/12 dynojet results: 305whp / 355 tq

Old 01-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #165

DONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,191 Times in 994 Posts
Groans: 266
Groaned at 83 Times in 60 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So using the ultragauge i checked my fuel pressure and it never dropped below 1650 during wot, saw it get up to 1700. I figure it has to be right cause it is hooked in to the obd II thing. not bad for the mods I have I guess
Blk 2010 MS3\\ Cobb AP Perm Tuned\ Autotech hpfp internals\ COBB intake \ Cobb Turbo Inlet \ Forge Bpv \ Cp-e DP \ Actual 3inch Magnaflow Exhaust \ Cp-e RMM \ JBR PMM \ ETS 3.5" TMIC \ Denso Iridium Power ITV22 \ JBR SSP and Bushings \ TWM Flat Black Piston Shift Knob\ Menzari Inferno Blk Wheels\ Eibach Pro-Kit Springs\ Koni Yellows \ Custom Painted Tanabe Strut Tower \ Red Corksport Boost Tubes and Bypass Valve Hose\ Black Badges \ DDM 5K HID, Fogs 3K yellow \ Shark Fin \\Audio \ Pioneer DD Touch Screen x920BT4 \ Alpine Type R 6.5" Components and 5x10 Speakers Powered by a 4 Channel 1600 Watt Avionxx Digital Amp \ 10" JLW3 Sub Powered by a 1 Channel 1000 watt Avionxx Digital Amp \ Prosport Prem. Boost and Oil Pressure Gauges \ Blockhead Dual Gauge Pod \\ Im thinking meth next.
 Old 01-26-2011, 09:24 PM   #166

wolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,558 Times in 1,132 Posts
Groans: 386
Groaned at 12 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The problem is that it may be dipping so fast you don't see it on the gauge. Unless that gauge can data log too. If you see other peoples logs, it will dip for a second and then be right on target.
 Old 01-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #167

DONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the worldDONOTBUGME is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I see hmmm, well i have ordered the KMD internals anyways. Have to wait two fucken weeks aleast for them.
Blk 2010 MS3\\ Cobb AP Perm Tuned\ Autotech hpfp internals\ COBB intake \ Cobb Turbo Inlet \ Forge Bpv \ Cp-e DP \ Actual 3inch Magnaflow Exhaust \ Cp-e RMM \ JBR PMM \ ETS 3.5" TMIC \ Denso Iridium Power ITV22 \ JBR SSP and Bushings \ TWM Flat Black Piston Shift Knob\ Menzari Inferno Blk Wheels\ Eibach Pro-Kit Springs\ Koni Yellows \ Custom Painted Tanabe Strut Tower \ Red Corksport Boost Tubes and Bypass Valve Hose\ Black Badges \ DDM 5K HID, Fogs 3K yellow \ Shark Fin \\Audio \ Pioneer DD Touch Screen x920BT4 \ Alpine Type R 6.5" Components and 5x10 Speakers Powered by a 4 Channel 1600 Watt Avionxx Digital Amp \ 10" JLW3 Sub Powered by a 1 Channel 1000 watt Avionxx Digital Amp \ Prosport Prem. Boost and Oil Pressure Gauges \ Blockhead Dual Gauge Pod \\ Im thinking meth next.
 Old 01-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #168

wolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

"The Great Fuel Pump Shortage of 2011" strikes again

just as well for me, can't afford one now anyway...
 Old 01-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #169

rfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the world
Thanked 33,220 Times in 10,051 Posts
Groans: 298
Groaned at 292 Times in 196 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by donotbugme View Post
I see hmmm, well i have ordered the KMD internals anyways. Have to wait two fucken weeks aleast for them.
i feel your pain. i've been waiting for my cp-e pump since mid December and it still has yet to ship.
 Old 01-31-2011, 12:59 PM   #170

Special--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,793 Times in 227 Posts
Groans: 19
Groaned at 15 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Dont feel like reading 5-6 pages... can someone link info on KDM internals in the OP or maybe make a new sticky since its going to be one of the biggest topics in the GenPu forum.
 Old 01-31-2011, 04:14 PM   #171

Nataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,759 Times in 1,240 Posts
Groans: 31
Groaned at 31 Times in 21 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well, God forbid you read a thread in it's entirety.

I'm just fuckin with ya. I know that you already got the link that you were looking for on the Cobb AP thread.

06 BM MS6=stock (totaled)
06 WWP MS6=suspension only (sold)
93 RX-7=single turbo swap, 300whp@8psi, 2600lbs (sold)
Wife's 10 MS3=bolt-ons & tune, 13.6 best ET (sold)
13 5.0
Wife's 13 Focus ST
 Old 01-31-2011, 04:19 PM   #172

Special--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the worldSpecial--k is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Whats with the No thanks Wolly... you dont think that it might be benificial for a GenPu forum to have a sticky about the most important tuning information (Fuel pump) for the plateform.

I sure think so, someone should make it eazy for us to figure out what to buy / where to buy / and how to install.
 Old 01-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #173

Not Ranked  0 score     

Nata was in a good mood and used sarcasm...
I just groaned, didn't feel like typing out a response.

The info is everywhere, just search.
Also, what makes you so much better than everyone else that you don't have to read?

Especially on such an important topic, you will learn much more from reading through some threads on your own than just getting a readers digest version from someone who may be mis-interpreting things.
 Old 01-31-2011, 04:44 PM   #174

Not Ranked  0 score     

i was at work. Sorry, either way i got my link from someone
 Old 01-31-2011, 04:48 PM   #175

Not Ranked  0 score     

If you are at work then you should be reading everything!

What better way to pass some time?

What do you think I do all night at work? lol
 Old 02-01-2011, 07:41 AM   #176

ebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond reputeebnash has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Noboy knows how to use Google/Yahoo to search for shit on the internet???

Reading is fundamental...
 Old 02-01-2011, 08:17 AM   #177

Monotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,066 Times in 2,314 Posts
Groans: 819
Groaned at 86 Times in 66 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

lol at faggots not wanting to read

theres a wealth of information here. soak it in.
 Old 02-04-2011, 05:34 AM   #178

getcrazykid has much to be proud ofgetcrazykid has much to be proud ofgetcrazykid has much to be proud ofgetcrazykid has much to be proud ofgetcrazykid has much to be proud ofgetcrazykid has much to be proud ofgetcrazykid has much to be proud ofgetcrazykid has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im skimming through most of the last 2 pages, I did read the first 3 entirely but what I'm looking for in info - not about the pump, it has obviously been well explained and I thank you all for that - But not too much info has been covered about what can monitor the Fuel pressure's for sure. I read questions but not to many answeres.

Im looking at both the Dashdaq and the ultragauge. I look at there paramiters and nothing say the that it monitors specifically the HPFP but they are along to lines, saying fuel pressure absolute blah blah. But does anyone know for sure which one of these does monitor the HPFP's pressure? I dont wanna buy then say shit, I dont see it.

The dashhawk is just so small of a screen IMO like and old school Apexi S-AFC.
 Old 02-04-2011, 06:41 AM   #179

Nataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,759 Times in 1,240 Posts
Groans: 31
Groaned at 31 Times in 21 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would recommend getting a Cobb Accessport. It logs, tunes, clears CELs, etc., etc. The gen 2 software hasn't come out yet. PM me for info.

06 BM MS6=stock (totaled)
06 WWP MS6=suspension only (sold)
93 RX-7=single turbo swap, 300whp@8psi, 2600lbs (sold)
Wife's 10 MS3=bolt-ons & tune, 13.6 best ET (sold)
13 5.0
Wife's 13 Focus ST
 Old 02-04-2011, 03:50 PM   #180

getcrazykid has much to be proud ofgetcrazykid has much to be proud ofgetcrazykid has much to be proud ofgetcrazykid has much to be proud ofgetcrazykid has much to be proud ofgetcrazykid has much to be proud ofgetcrazykid has much to be proud ofgetcrazykid has much to be proud of
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thats not really what I was asking for. I'm pretty interested in the Ultragauge since they have it onsale for 60$

UltraGauge Automotive Information Center and OBDII Scan Tool

Does anyone at all know for sure that this monitors the high pressure fuel pressure?
 Old 02-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #181

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by getcrazykid View Post
Thats not really what I was asking for. I'm pretty interested in the Ultragauge since they have it onsale for 60$

UltraGauge Automotive Information Center and OBDII Scan Tool

Does anyone at all know for sure that this monitors the high pressure fuel pressure?
Yes it does, I have it.

example

Old 02-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #182
Banned

MS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,773 Times in 826 Posts
Groans: 132
Groaned at 166 Times in 92 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Efff an Ultragauge, use Torque

Old 02-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #183

Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks nice but i dont have a droid
 Old 02-07-2011, 01:48 PM   #184

MPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 17 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@MS33SM
sounds interesting. Where can i get the Mazdaspeed PID´s? Just ordered an EM327 OBDII Bluetooth Modul from Ebay :-)
 Old 02-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #185
Banned

MS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MPS_Fan View Post
@MS33SM
sounds interesting. Where can i get the Mazdaspeed PID´s? Just ordered an EM327 OBDII Bluetooth Modul from Ebay :-)
All questions are answered in the VIP
 Old 02-09-2011, 02:18 AM   #186

nuttzzy is a glorious beacon of lightnuttzzy is a glorious beacon of lightnuttzzy is a glorious beacon of lightnuttzzy is a glorious beacon of lightnuttzzy is a glorious beacon of lightnuttzzy is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 5 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

waiting on my parts to upgrade as well
 Old 02-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #187

rfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

i have just about all of the how to's subscribed to, but remember someone recommending a particular tool for the hpfp install...

can someone remember off of the top of their head the tool recommended (besides a crowsfoot) for the 19mm nut on the bottom of the pump?
 Old 02-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #188

Monotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,066 Times in 2,314 Posts
Groans: 819
Groaned at 86 Times in 66 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The nut on the bottom requires an open ended wrench...and adjustable will not fit

The pump itself is held in by 3 E8 inverted (female) torx bolts. I recommend using an extension to get in there.

Thats basically it.

And be prepared to get sprayed in the face with gasoline...its lots of fun
 Old 02-09-2011, 09:24 AM   #189

Amazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,174 Times in 931 Posts
Groans: 214
Groaned at 114 Times in 83 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The stock fuel pump = bad
aftermarket fuel pump = good
 Old 02-09-2011, 09:24 AM   #190
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

Old 02-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #191

PapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the world
Thanked 13,233 Times in 4,775 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 61 Times in 35 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

we need a fuel pump god to appear and solve the shortage problem.

that is all.
860whp/677wtq

2016 Ford F150, XLT, 4x4 Supercrew
2.7 V6 Ecoboost
 Old 02-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #192

Not Ranked  0 score     

The pump itself is held in by 3 E8 inverted (female) torx bolts. I recommend using an extension to get in there.

thanks! that was what i remembered reading e8 inverted torx bolts (female).

i'll be sure to wear some goggles.

THANKS AGAIN.
 Old 02-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #193

rawazchico will become famous soon enoughrawazchico will become famous soon enough
Groans: 1
Groaned at 9 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Make this simply for a noob.

I installed a hks cat back exhaust on my 2011 mazda3 and ordered a cobb sri. My queston is that putting my car in danger in anyway? Bare with me i amthe first to admit i am a total noob to this lol
 Old 02-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #194

Not Ranked  0 score     

Read the entire post. You are not going to get any love here if you do not read. Actually, just read the title of this post and you will get your answer. Gen 2 is like a box of chocolates...
 Old 02-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #195

surebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,902 Times in 815 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 61 Times in 40 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just bought a 2010 ms3 used of course with 13k miles on it. To my knowledge the car only has a cobb sf intake but I haven't been able to get under it for a better look. Anyway I was drivin up an onramp the other day and was in 3rd gear very close to WOT and had a very short but very abrupt cut in power then a second later the it spooled back up and was running fine. I drove it hard the past couple days trying to duplicae the issue but haven't so far. Talked to a friend and he said that it sounded like a fuel cut. Im not completely sure what it was but I would appreciate suggestions for data logging systems or software!
 Old 02-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #196

Not Ranked  0 score     

AccessPort.
 Old 02-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #197
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by surebOOst View Post
I just bought a 2010 ms3 used of course with 13k miles on it. To my knowledge the car only has a cobb sf intake but I haven't been able to get under it for a better look. Anyway I was drivin up an onramp the other day and was in 3rd gear very close to WOT and had a very short but very abrupt cut in power then a second later the it spooled back up and was running fine. I drove it hard the past couple days trying to duplicae the issue but haven't so far. Talked to a friend and he said that it sounded like a fuel cut. Im not completely sure what it was but I would appreciate suggestions for data logging systems or software!
You bought a car and are unsure of all the mods?!?!?!?!?!

Sounds like you bought a previously raped car.
 Old 02-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #198

surebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the worldsurebOOst is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MS33SM View Post
You bought a car and are unsure of all the mods?!?!?!?!?!

Sounds like you bought a previously raped car.

Actually i traded a 2004 rx8 with 80k miles and no warranty on a 2010 ms3 with 13k miles and an extended warranty. You may ask why i made such a purchase? i returned from a year deployment in november and found out that verizon is fucking stupid and does not know how to freeze an account so they sent my bill to a collection agency in march and reported bad on my credit until nov when i got it tooken care of....i have bad credit so i got what i could and thankfully it was a ms3. THE CAR MIGHT HAVE BEEN RAPED PREVIOUSLY BUT NOTHING A WARRANTY WONT FIX

Honestly its better than a focus or carolla.....my other options if i didnt get the ms3. It was also inspected and driven plenty before i purchased the vehicle. unsure of the mods cause i have never had a turbo car and dont have a lift to check it out. looks pretty much stock except for intake under the hood.
 Old 02-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #199

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by wolly6973 View Post
AccessPort.
+1^

other datalogging available is incomplete in terms of usable pids AND the Accessport will tune / flash the car if you decide to in the future.
 Old 02-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #200

Not Ranked  0 score     

seems like the access port is the way to go! Thx....just have to wait on taxes now