register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base
>
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base (Gen1 - Gen 2)
> MSF KB - Mazdaspeed 3/6 - Fuel

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #1481

Ziggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,244 Times in 2,732 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

At this point I am actually wondering if the stock hotside bored out might be freer flowing than the ATP2871. I am seeing significantly higher massflows on my setup than Dano's and I don't think I can attribute it all to a steedspeed vs DNP issue.

Zigatapatalka
BC Coilovers (-2.5º F, -1º R) \ Saitek Front Endlinks \ SPC Rear Camber Arms \ Hotchkis FSB & RSB
JBR 88 Duro RMM TMM PMM \ COBB AP (Self Tuned) \ EGT \ Oil Pres \ Oil Temp \ DashHawk
 Old 10-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #1482
Trail of Fail

Dano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,248 Times in 6,532 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 25 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

now that was just below the belt!!!

a kick to the head and I had a knee on the mat!

07 Red MS3 GT - E40 - Carrillo Rods - Wiseco Pistons - BSD - JBR 3.5 WidePath - ATP GTX3071 - Forge BPV - GA - Cobb v2 FMIC - CPE EM - CPE DP - CNT CBE - APv3 - Grim EBC - PERM dual port PCV plate - Dano dual OCC - CPE CDFP - Labonte S2 WMI - ACT Street Kit - SUv2 RMM - SU TM - "Stiffy" MM - DG CF wing ext, skirts & front lip - Hotchkis RSB/FSB w PowerGrid Links - Koni FSDs - DBA SX4000 Rotors - Hawk Pads - Silver OZ Ultraleggera - 235/40/18 NT-01
 Old 10-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #1483
Eth Fiend

phate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,662 Times in 5,847 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Guys, I think we'll be seeing another K04/E85 car get dialed in on the dyno before too long. Most of my effort right now is to get @glorifiedbozo's car tuned up pretty well and then we may meet up for some dyno time very soon.

If we end up meeting up for dyno time, I'm throwing my car on to test the winter blend timing numbers

www.mazdamotorsports.com <<--Mazda racer support program that is free to join and will save you a ton of money.
 Old 10-06-2011, 08:10 PM   #1484
Trail of Fail

Dano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

hard to keep up with ya but are you on 5050 now or back to 100% E?

07 Red MS3 GT - E40 - Carrillo Rods - Wiseco Pistons - BSD - JBR 3.5 WidePath - ATP GTX3071 - Forge BPV - GA - Cobb v2 FMIC - CPE EM - CPE DP - CNT CBE - APv3 - Grim EBC - PERM dual port PCV plate - Dano dual OCC - CPE CDFP - Labonte S2 WMI - ACT Street Kit - SUv2 RMM - SU TM - "Stiffy" MM - DG CF wing ext, skirts & front lip - Hotchkis RSB/FSB w PowerGrid Links - Koni FSDs - DBA SX4000 Rotors - Hawk Pads - Silver OZ Ultraleggera - 235/40/18 NT-01
 Old 10-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #1485
Eth Fiend

phate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

No, sorry...I haven't been keeping up a ton, either.

I am running straight E85 and I plan to continue running straight E85. After this past week when I broke down the HPFP and didn't find black death, I'm relieved and motivated to see where things end up with straight E85 over time.

www.mazdamotorsports.com <<--Mazda racer support program that is free to join and will save you a ton of money.
 Old 10-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #1486
Trail of Fail

Not Ranked  0 score     

right on brotha!

Old 10-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #1487

Ziggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dano View Post
now that was just below the belt!!!

a kick to the head and I had a knee on the mat!
Just thinking outside the box, we don't have a solid number for what the stock A/R is. At the top end it shouldn't matter what manifold you are using, and our setups are very similar other than that. I don't even have meth.

Keeping it somewhat on topic, running a 3/9 mixture has thus far provided the following improvements over straight pump:
+6.5* timing
.7 leaner (11.3 ->12.0)
EGTs reduced by 100*
+~50hp as indicated by VD

I do not have meth, so all fueling is from my injectors, and my IDC varies between 85-90% depending on the temperature. Still in the process of adding timing, I am also going to try to lean it out another .25 at least. I would like to lean out to 12.5.

Zigatapatalka
BC Coilovers (-2.5º F, -1º R) \ Saitek Front Endlinks \ SPC Rear Camber Arms \ Hotchkis FSB & RSB
JBR 88 Duro RMM TMM PMM \ COBB AP (Self Tuned) \ EGT \ Oil Pres \ Oil Temp \ DashHawk
 Old 10-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #1488
Bob Ross Fanclub

Tomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,113 Times in 2,312 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 33 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

^^^ are you running a DNP EM?

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
 Old 10-07-2011, 07:00 AM   #1489
Trail of Fail

Not Ranked  0 score     

yes hes running DNP...

so Ziggo those observations are interesting and prove that it doesn't take much E85 to increase HP significantly....you are basically removing the knock limitation from the motor which opens up a whole other world of possibilities.

The added cooling effect is a bonus.

now back to GT28 vs. BNR S3

I was under the impression the hostside AR was smaller on the BNR S3 due to it being an OE housing that is machined out. Also..your intake/maf cal could explain more g/s than mine. not saying you aren't actually flowing much more than I but just trying to remove the variables.

what voltage are you running? I am right at 4.8.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #1490
Eth/Meth Junkie

cld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,482 Times in 1,739 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

GTX3071 on order...hopefully I will get it installed next weekend...

I will have an EGT gage as well.

Anyone have a recommendation on the EGT gage?
08 MS3: ATP GTX3071 at 26PSI , AEM Dryflow 21-2147DK, CP-E 3.25'' MAF, CP-E Nviscid TIP, PG FMIC piping with Treadstone TR11 core, Cobb BPV, Ported IM, PG v1 manifold, CP-E catted DP, CNT CBE, KMD v2, Grimspeed EBCS, Alkycontrol Meth injection (M10 with 100% meth), E40 fuel, Cobb AP (ATR= WIN), ACT ZX4-HDSS, 3-Bar MAP, JBR RSB, and CP-E 60 Duro Engine Mount Set. (297.3WHP/366.9WTQ - on K04, 469.2WHP/420.7WTQ - on GTX3071)
 Old 10-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #1491
Trail of Fail

Not Ranked  0 score     

i'm jelly fo sho...enjoy the build 12pk!

who wants to bet 12pk will squeeze 450ish out of the GTX3071?

Old 10-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #1492

Nataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,759 Times in 1,240 Posts
Groans: 31
Groaned at 31 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dano View Post
who wants to bet 12pk will squeeze 450ish out of the GTX3071?
I hope I hope I hope...

06 BM MS6=stock (totaled)
06 WWP MS6=suspension only (sold)
93 RX-7=single turbo swap, 300whp@8psi, 2600lbs (sold)
Wife's 10 MS3=bolt-ons & tune, 13.6 best ET (sold)
13 5.0
Wife's 13 Focus ST
 Old 10-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #1493

Realgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,267 Times in 1,674 Posts
Groans: 52
Groaned at 16 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by cld12pk2go View Post
GTX3071 on order...hopefully I will get it installed next weekend...

I will have an EGT gage as well.

Anyone have a recommendation on the EGT gage?
Looks like we're gonna have a battle on our hands for highest hp MS3 in Ohio...
 Old 10-07-2011, 06:38 PM   #1494
Eth Fiend

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So, another fun story for you guys:

My closest E85 station went to winter blend E70....and I adjusted my maf curve for it...ran it for a couple tanks perfectly.

Filled up last night at a different station......apparently they hadn't switched to winter blend, because I saw 13.5:1 at full throttle today.

And - it ran beautifully I went ahead and flashed my E85 tune back on, though, cause I'm not totally comfortable with those timing values running that lean...

Old 10-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #1495

Realgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by phate View Post
So, another fun story for you guys:

My closest E85 station went to winter blend E70....and I adjusted my maf curve for it...ran it for a couple tanks perfectly.

Filled up last night at a different station......apparently they hadn't switched to winter blend, because I saw 13.5:1 at full throttle today.

And - it ran beautifully I went ahead and flashed my E85 tune back on, though, cause I'm not totally comfortable with those timing values running that lean...
A taste of the dark side you have gotten... fyi I switched backed to mid 12's for now too cuz 13+ just sou ds scary no matter how amazing it runs lol
 Old 10-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #1496

Nataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

You guys know that the DI Cobalts have been running 13.xx AFRs on e85 with nice results for a good while now, right? Every motor is different, but it's food for thought.

EDIT: Also, on e85 they are making 375whp and 400wtq on a 2.0L motor with a slightly better K04. I think that the fact that phate wasn't seeing any gains from .81 to .83 lambda (indicated 11.91 and 12.20 AFR) may have had more to do with the K04 being maxed out than leaner AFRs not helping. We need a BT guy with no airflow restriction to give this a shot to really draw a conclusion IMO. If the better turbo on the Cobalts is maxing out at 375whp on e85, then phate maxing out our turbo with a slightly lower number would make sense.
 Old 10-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #1497

frodaddyweez is the leader of the worldfrodaddyweez is the leader of the worldfrodaddyweez is the leader of the worldfrodaddyweez is the leader of the worldfrodaddyweez is the leader of the worldfrodaddyweez is the leader of the worldfrodaddyweez is the leader of the worldfrodaddyweez is the leader of the worldfrodaddyweez is the leader of the worldfrodaddyweez is the leader of the worldfrodaddyweez is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Nataphen View Post
You guys know that the DI Cobalts have been running 13.xx AFRs on e85 with nice results for a good while now, right? Every motor is different, but it's food for thought.

EDIT: Also, on e85 they are making 375whp and 400wtq on a 2.0L motor with a slightly better K04. I think that the fact that phate wasn't seeing any gains from .81 to .83 lambda (indicated 11.91 and 12.20 AFR) may have had more to do with the K04 being maxed out than leaner AFRs not helping. We need a BT guy with no airflow restriction to give this a shot to really draw a conclusion IMO. If the better turbo on the Cobalts is maxing out at 375whp on e85, then phate maxing out our turbo with a slightly lower number would make sense.
Ive been running low to mid 13.xx AFRs these past few weeks. Not on purpose tho bc of the bpv leaking lol. New one is on its way. But my engine is still in one piece so far. But im still on both stock manifolds. Hopefully ill get half of that problem resolved with my tax return and a DNP manifold.

2011 Mustang Shelby GT500 w/SVTPP: 2.3L Trinity TVS w/2.4" VMP pulley, L&M NSR cams, JLT 123mm Intake, FRPP CobraJet Twin 65mm Throttle Body, 56# Injectors, VMP Fuel Pump Booster, AFCO Dual Pass Heat Exchanger, FRPP L Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, Shaftmasters Aluminum One-piece Driveshaft, Lethal Performance Catless H-Pipe, Flowmaster Outlaw Axleback, 315 NT05r's

Lund Tuned 683whp/622wtq 11/11/16

Upcoming mods: Full-length Headers and ID1300s for E85

1995 Mazda Miata: Stock (daily)
 Old 10-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #1498

josurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,570 Times in 291 Posts
Groans: 156
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Nataphen View Post
would it be possible/worthwhile to swap in a k04 from a cobalt into a speed?
 Old 10-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #1499

Not Ranked  0 score     

I doubt that it's going to bolt right up, so you may as well get a better turbo than a k04 if you go to the trouble of swapping.

13 5.0
Wife's 13 Focus ST
 Old 10-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #1500

Not Ranked  0 score     

And unless you replaced the manifold with a twin scroll its going to spool like a big turbo.... Not worth the trouble.
 Old 10-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #1501

Not Ranked  0 score     

It doesn't even kinda bolt up lol.
 Old 10-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #1502

josurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the worldjosurr is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,570 Times in 291 Posts
Groans: 156
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

/meh, was more of a question, and not really something i was actually going to spend money on, since nat mentioned that they maxed out with higher numbers on a cobalt
 Old 10-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #1503

XLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,493 Times in 359 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 10 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Holy shit....it took me three days to read this thread in it's entirety on my iPad. I haven't been able to look at all the tables and graphs you guys have posted but I thought I'd post what I'm seeing.

I put in 6 gallons of E85 and then topped the tank off. At the same time, I loaded up a map that increased my MAF by 15% across the board.

My trims are -4 for the most part, -10 when I let off the gas

I'm targeting 11.8 AFR at WOT and I'm pegging on it, no problem while hitting 20 PSI.

Car is running very well but since I scaled my MAF, now my g/s and load is all increased and thus I'm not getting to the timing values I usually do. I'm only seeing 15.5-16* at RL as compared to 18* on 93 (no meth!)

So, my question is, if I continue to do a perfect 50/50 mix of E/93, can I just target a leaner AFR and go back to my first MAF cal so I don't have to change everything else that is load based?

I know we went over this already but my mind is cracked out from reading this thread fir the last 3 hours...

Also, I got a cell today concerning the MAF. Can't remember what it was so I'll update this when I get back into the car...

SOLD!

2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
 Old 10-08-2011, 10:07 PM   #1504

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by XLT_66 View Post
Holy shit....it took me three days to read this thread in it's entirety on my iPad.
If you'd read it on a PC, you could have finished in three hours.

I believe that you should be able to lean out your AFRs without scaling the MAF. I haven't had a chance to play with all this yet, so I'll let one of the gurus give you the go ahead nod.

13 5.0
Wife's 13 Focus ST