register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base
>
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base (Gen1 - Gen 2)
> MSF KB - Mazdaspeed 3/6 - Fuel

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #81

2010Speed3 is the leader of the world2010Speed3 is the leader of the world2010Speed3 is the leader of the world2010Speed3 is the leader of the world2010Speed3 is the leader of the world2010Speed3 is the leader of the world2010Speed3 is the leader of the world2010Speed3 is the leader of the world2010Speed3 is the leader of the world2010Speed3 is the leader of the world2010Speed3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 15
Groaned at 17 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Smily27 View Post
Ok, so looks like I'm in the clear?
Yeah I was kinda the same way you're feeling. I didn't know when I was really in the clear or if I knew that the internals were failing. I kinda got an idea of how bad it can be when I saw a couple of videos of some PTP pumps failing. lol

2010 Black Mica MazdaSpeed3

Performance: BNR S3 - Sure Full 3" Aeros - Bosch 3 Bar Map - DDM HID Kit 6k 35w - Hella Super Tones - CorkSport LED Light Kit - Cobb Knob (Red) - VG Sharkfin Antenna - Sure Anchors - Jbarone 88duro Dog Bone RMM - Black CorkSport SRI/TIP (Powder Coated Black) - Ultimate Racing Race Pipe & CBE - KMD Internals - CorkSport Cold Air Box w/ Carbon Fiber Top - Turbosmart SU Blacked Out BPV - Cobb AccessPort Stage 2 (Nataphen Tuned) - JBarone RSB - CP-E TMIC
 Old 05-09-2011, 06:01 PM   #82

mrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 12 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Woot! Looking forward to getting this done this weekend

Can you guys please confirm whether taking down the SRI/TIP is really necessary? I don't feel like dicking with that again

Thanks!
 Old 05-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #83

wolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,557 Times in 1,132 Posts
Groans: 386
Groaned at 12 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It is not necessary.
The only thing I removed was the TMIC.
 Old 05-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #84

rghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,162 Times in 1,330 Posts
Groans: 263
Groaned at 73 Times in 43 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mrFanel View Post

Can you guys please confirm whether taking down the SRI/TIP is really necessary? I don't feel like dicking with that again

Thanks!
not necessary but it definitely give u a lot more space to work with. its up to u

2004 EVO 8 Green Monster The "7up"
 Old 05-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #85

mrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the worldmrFanel is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

w3rd. I am heading out to my homie's this weekend to do the pump internals since i have no tools at my apt complex not to mention they don't allow you to work on cars.

Probably will drop itv-22 spark plugs too since I hope to get them by that time and since the TMIC will be out
 Old 05-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #86

rghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

w3rd. I am heading out to my homie's this weekend to do the pump internals since i have no tools at my apt complex not to mention they don't allow you to work on cars.

Probably will drop itv-22 spark plugs too since I hope to get them by that time and since the TMIC will be out
nice man

Old 05-10-2011, 12:55 AM   #87

speed_AK is a splendid one to beholdspeed_AK is a splendid one to beholdspeed_AK is a splendid one to beholdspeed_AK is a splendid one to beholdspeed_AK is a splendid one to beholdspeed_AK is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks!
I only removed the TMIC shroud. Removing anything else is not necessary, and is a waste of time. Take your time and you'll be alright.
 Old 05-10-2011, 01:34 AM   #88
Ur moms boyfriend

forcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,264 Times in 762 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 99 Times in 70 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

great job with the write up
 Old 05-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #89
Banned

justint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the world
Groans: 21
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks!
No, I will show you the way lol
 Old 05-13-2011, 08:00 AM   #90

skeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,814 Times in 555 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

thanks for the write-up! nicely done. did the install last night and this made it a hundred times easier.

BNR Supercars Stage 3 Turbo Aquamist HFS-4 Alcohol Injection Cobb Tuning AccesPORT • AccessTUNER Race KMD Tuning HPFP Internals v2.2 NGK 6510 Spark Plugs Bosch 3-Bar MAP Sensor Saikou Michi Oil Catch Can Grimmspeed 3-Port EBCS JBR TIGs • EGR Delete • Rear Sway Bar • RMM • PSMM • TMM HTP 3" TIP • Battery Tray SURE Motorsports 3" MAF • Shortcut • CounterShift • Anchors • AGS 621g Shift Knob Ultimate Racing Catted Downpipe • Test Pipe • Cat-Back Exhaust CP-e FMIC • SAFEseals Turbosmart Dual Port BOV PTP Injector Seal Studs EBC RedStuff Brake Pads • UPR Rotors Swift Spec R Springs Bilstein B8 Shocks SPC Performance Rear Camber Arms Tanabe Sustec Strut Tower Brace TWM Performance Full Replacement Shifter 5zοgen ZR+ 18x7.5 (Ceramic Bronze) Nitto NeoGen Tires Rally Armor Mud Flaps Morimoto 6000K HID Replacement Bulbs DDM Tuning 3000K HID Fog Lights Headlight Armor Yellow Fog Overlays Qualir QL-MZD723 Headunit Glowshift Mechanical Boost Gauge • A-Pillar Gauge Pod Aeroforce Dual Interceptor Gauges
 Old 05-13-2011, 08:10 AM   #91

indianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the world
Groans: 39
Groaned at 14 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I installed my internals as well...finally! I will mention that for the 19mm open wrench, it may be beneficial to find a stubby one. The normal length one is really hard to fit down in the tight space behind the fuel pump. I took off the TMIC and the hose coming from the turbo to help open up some space.

Also, for those afraid to take apart the fuel pump and install KMD or Autotech internals, don't be. The hardest part by far is taking the fuel pump off and putting it back on. Once you have it off, it's easy to install the internals. Be sure you've got a vise though.
 Old 05-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #92

faeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,695 Times in 3,005 Posts
Groans: 731
Groaned at 63 Times in 55 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I installed mine last week and everything went perfect. only thing i removed was the sri because I wanted some extra room.

Eventually I'll pay for how I am....but it won't be by the hand of any of you faggot fucks here.
 Old 05-13-2011, 12:02 PM   #93

Uranium9v has a reputation beyond reputeUranium9v has a reputation beyond reputeUranium9v has a reputation beyond reputeUranium9v has a reputation beyond reputeUranium9v has a reputation beyond reputeUranium9v has a reputation beyond reputeUranium9v has a reputation beyond reputeUranium9v has a reputation beyond reputeUranium9v has a reputation beyond reputeUranium9v has a reputation beyond reputeUranium9v has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

quick question, how do the internals lubricate? Do they continually run in the original oil you put on them or do they maintain a thin fuel layer for lubrication? I know there's a little hole in the one piece, thought maybe that's to allow fuel or oil to lubricate it.
 Old 05-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #94

TulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 60 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Uranium9v View Post
quick question, how do the internals lubricate? Do they continually run in the original oil you put on them or do they maintain a thin fuel layer for lubrication? I know there's a little hole in the one piece, thought maybe that's to allow fuel or oil to lubricate it.
Read the thread
 Old 05-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #95

faeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the worldfaeker is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,695 Times in 3,005 Posts
Groans: 731
Groaned at 63 Times in 55 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Uranium9v View Post
SKEET SKEET MOTHERFUCKER!!

donate you non heterosexual person

Eventually I'll pay for how I am....but it won't be by the hand of any of you faggot fucks here.
 Old 05-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #96

Not Ranked  0 score     

Did mine today with a buddy who did it on his GenDone a while back - here's my take on things:

1. You do not need to depressurize the system; just let it sit for 10-15 minutes to let the engine cool if you drove it; if you did not drive it - get going, it's not primed anyway.

2. Removing the Intercooler is NOT necessary... but I removed mine anyway because I changed my plugs.

3. Definitely use vice grips. Definitely.

4. You can drop your pump once - it will survive /facepalm

5. The bug nut for the bottom feeder metal hose is a bitch. I hate it. We're not talking.

Other than that - it's pretty much straight forward. Oh - and as someone mentioned - make sure you bolt the pump in evenly!
 Old 05-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #97

RMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

woodworker vice should be good?

||Cobb AP(DJ tuned)||Cobb SRI||Cobb TIP||Cobb FMIC||Cobb SW||KMD v2.2 HPFP||Catted TBE(TurboXS DownPipe+Vibrant DPback)||TurboXS Hybrid BOV||Fortune Auto Coilovers||Powergrid Endlinks||Eibach Camber Kit||CPE RMM||Denso ITV22||STRI DSD 60mm Boost Gauge||5000K HID Fogs||Lamin-x Foglight Tints||Speedy Lite-Fin 18x7.5||General UHP 235/40/18||ADR 17x7(Winter)||Nextmod GV front Lip/spoiler Lip||AutoEXE Carbon Fiber Shifter Knob||Carbon Fiber Ebrake Cover||TWM Bushings||TWM Shift/Ebrake Boots||
 Old 05-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #98

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by RMCAT View Post
woodworker vice should be good?
as long as that motherfucker doesnt move, then yes

Old 06-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #99

reckywind has a brilliant futurereckywind has a brilliant futurereckywind has a brilliant futurereckywind has a brilliant futurereckywind has a brilliant futurereckywind has a brilliant futurereckywind has a brilliant futurereckywind has a brilliant futurereckywind has a brilliant futurereckywind has a brilliant futurereckywind has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

great write up! thanks so much for this.. about to order mine in a couple of weeks i think.. just to be sure, this is the one right?
Audi - A3 - 2.0T FSI - Engine - KMD Tuning - 2.0T FSI High Pressure Fuel Pump Kit - KMD Tuning
 Old 06-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #100

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

yep, that or autotech. i will be doin another install with autotech internals very soon. should be the same process

Old 06-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #101

memoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

for all the people saying the took out the full pump without removing the TIP bull crap lol there is no way to losen that bottom plug made of metal without removing the TIP unless im missing somthing..

Coming Soon: ll UR Cat-back ll
 Old 06-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #102

esr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by memoriesmazda View Post
for all the people saying the took out the full pump without removing the TIP bull crap lol there is no way to losen that bottom plug made of metal without removing the TIP unless im missing somthing..
I did mine and another ms3 without removing the tip. I used a big wrench at an angle no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 Old 06-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #103

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

it is possible but u can take BIG risk of bending or possibly breaking the lower aluminum fuel line. All i have to say is that it is better to be safe than sorry

Old 06-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #104

dr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the worlddr_banano is the leader of the world
Groaned at 22 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

well since iam doing the cobb inlet turbo install and change the pump ill be easy on it ,

Car: Mazdaspeed3 2010 VRM- BNR S3 Turbo*FreekTuned*363HP 360TQ-DDM 6000k ,tinted 5%,K&N short ram - COBB AP V3 - COBB XLE bpv - JBR SSP stage 2 - JBR billet 80 RMM - JBR heavy shift knob - cp-e fuel pump - COBB inlet -COBB downpipe - COBB CBE - ETS TMIC black- FALKEN AZENIS tires - NGK LTR7IX-11 plugs - Corksports led kit - Corksport fog led kit.-Aeroforce gauges dual with blockhead dual gauge pod- CS boost tube -KNIGHTSPORTS REAR BUMPER - GS EBCS - 3 Bar Map - mgp brake calipers- corksport rear bumper lights - TWM short shifter - JBR TB/IM TI - EGR block - Njspeed pnp IM - K&W V3 coilover - Rear Carbon Fiber Spoiler - corksport hood scoop - WORK wheels 18 x 9.5 + 38 rear and 18 x 8 +38 front

ptp studs/seals pending

mazda 323 2002 hiboost turbo 1.6L-Automatic- Wife's car
 Old 06-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #105

Bucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,694 Times in 1,518 Posts
Groans: 451
Groaned at 89 Times in 45 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by memoriesmazda View Post
I did mine without removing the CS TIP... No problem at all.
 Old 06-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #106

memoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond reputememoriesmazda has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

alright so went up to ace and got the 18mm deep socket and with i vice the bolt came out no problem, now that i have the stock internals out do i need to remove anything else before i put them in? I tried to slide them in from the bottom but it felt like they weren't going in and i didnt want to force them and scratch them. Here is the stage im at now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0779[1].JPG (1.86 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0780[1].JPG (2.00 MB, 11 views)

Old 06-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #107

Bucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah put the new internals in the same way the old ones were. I think it slides in from the top, then the big part goes in from the bottom. When you put the "Hat" on, set the little shim things inside of it and make sure it will stay in place.

After that, put it all back together.
 Old 06-11-2011, 12:54 PM   #108

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bucker View Post
Yeah put the new internals in the same way the old ones were. I think it slides in from the top, then the big part goes in from the bottom. When you put the "Hat" on, set the little shim things inside of it and make sure it will stay in place.

After that, put it all back together.
well i couldnt get the long cylinder thing in thro the top (spring) so i had to push it in thro the bottom, i had to force it a bit to get in in and the long cyclinder that goes throw the hole thing doesn't slide well thro the thing, but the Botton fat part does, is this normal?

Also with that "hat" peice all i do is place them inside that hat and set it on top? when i did this i could pull it off easily, that correct?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0781[1].JPG (1.98 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0782[1].JPG (1.86 MB, 5 views)

Old 06-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #109

Not Ranked  0 score     

man i must be stupid i cant get the stupid Hat shaped piece with the 2 black pieces in it to snap onto the top of the piston cylinder. The directions say to not push down on the Hat piece but to push up with you thumb from the bottom of the cylinder, but when i do that it goes up into the fatter piece and i cant push no more with my thumb. im puzzled.

Edit: ok figured it out end up your suppose to put the Hat peice ont he pistion first then put the 2 black pieces on... i am an idiot lol

Old 06-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #110

Not Ranked  0 score     

Sounds like you got it! No man, it took me a couple minutes to get that right... it didnt seem right just sitting in there haha.
 Old 06-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #111

shingojr will become famous soon enoughshingojr will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

just a quick question on #15..."make sure nothing fell in the fuel pump." you mean when the parts in the gasoline?
 Old 06-25-2011, 02:08 AM   #112
Banned

nuprin503 is the leader of the worldnuprin503 is the leader of the worldnuprin503 is the leader of the worldnuprin503 is the leader of the worldnuprin503 is the leader of the worldnuprin503 is the leader of the worldnuprin503 is the leader of the worldnuprin503 is the leader of the worldnuprin503 is the leader of the worldnuprin503 is the leader of the worldnuprin503 is the leader of the world
Groans: 30
Groaned at 40 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Great write up!! I just installed my KMD's this evening. I just removed my TMIC and had no problems with taking off and replacing the pump. Did a few logs, pump is holding up great!! I'm gonna take it easy on her for a few hundred miles... It's gonna be tough!
 Old 06-26-2011, 06:01 AM   #113

3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Removed my TMIC and my intake. I was installing sparkplugs and SRI. But it was easier then I thought. I had a little issue putting it back in but i just turned the engine over real quick and it was good.
Was a little worried aobut starting it, because I worked on it. But everything turned out good
 Old 06-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #114

tooslow10 is the leader of the worldtooslow10 is the leader of the worldtooslow10 is the leader of the worldtooslow10 is the leader of the worldtooslow10 is the leader of the worldtooslow10 is the leader of the worldtooslow10 is the leader of the worldtooslow10 is the leader of the worldtooslow10 is the leader of the worldtooslow10 is the leader of the worldtooslow10 is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks op for the write up, gave me just the push I needed to work on mine.

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN

TEAM MEAGHAN -- FYCN
 Old 07-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #115

TexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the worldTexasSpeed3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,218 Times in 695 Posts
Groans: 273
Groaned at 21 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

subbed for doing this next month

Old 07-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #116

specvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,537 Times in 799 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 54 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just did mine. Things are so much harder the first time around and for no good reason. I didn't print the directions fully but its a easy install. I was just so paranoid about making sure the internals were clean I spent most of my time on that. Redoing it and making sure everything was clean. I was stupid and when i unclipped the yellow fuel line I got fuel sprayed straight into my eyes. That was a bit scary. I wish I didn't take off the battery and tray cause when I first looked at the space I had to work with I thought there is no way I can get to that fuel bolt, but I guess you can from reading this thread again.Everything turned out well none the less and the car is running fine. I'm going to be taking it easy for a bit.. DP is next..
 Old 07-25-2011, 12:36 AM   #117

meelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just finished my install. I took off my TMIC cuz i wanted to look at some stuff but it didn't have to come out. Only the shroud.

I did KMD internals and everything went very smoothly.

Thanks for the write up!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 2007 MazdaSPEED 6 Titanium Grey

TUNED BY NISHAN

POWER
SpeedPerformanc3 Wiseco Pistons (88mm)::Manley Forged H-Beams::BNR S3::Bosch 3Bar Map Sensor::CP-E Ex Mani::SBC Stg 2 Clutch::JBR RMM 80a::JBR STG II SRI::JBR Boost Tubes::JBR BPV Return::JBR SSP::CS TMIC::CS DP::Stratified 3 Port EBCS::Stratified Guardian Angel::TurboXS RP::Custom 3" Catback Exhaust::KMD 2.1::Flex Innovations Ground Kit::Turbosmart BPV::MD OCC::TWM Stage 1::BC Coilovers::Hawks HPS::EGR Delete::SURE Dreadnaught::SURE Juggernaut::SURE TIG

COSMETIC AND AUDIO
Mori H1 Proj Retrofit::DDM 3k HID Fogs::RPM Rear LED Reflectors::RPM Side LED Reflectors::Morel Elate 6 2W 6.5" Components::Morel Maximo 5C 5.25" Coaxial::Arc Audio KS300.4::Arc Audio KS1000.1::Audison BitOne.1::Zapco ST4
 Old 07-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #118

RMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond reputeRMCAT has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

any kind of motor oil will do the trick right?

||Cobb AP(DJ tuned)||Cobb SRI||Cobb TIP||Cobb FMIC||Cobb SW||KMD v2.2 HPFP||Catted TBE(TurboXS DownPipe+Vibrant DPback)||TurboXS Hybrid BOV||Fortune Auto Coilovers||Powergrid Endlinks||Eibach Camber Kit||CPE RMM||Denso ITV22||STRI DSD 60mm Boost Gauge||5000K HID Fogs||Lamin-x Foglight Tints||Speedy Lite-Fin 18x7.5||General UHP 235/40/18||ADR 17x7(Winter)||Nextmod GV front Lip/spoiler Lip||AutoEXE Carbon Fiber Shifter Knob||Carbon Fiber Ebrake Cover||TWM Bushings||TWM Shift/Ebrake Boots||
 Old 09-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #119

jimmyx27 has much to be proud ofjimmyx27 has much to be proud ofjimmyx27 has much to be proud ofjimmyx27 has much to be proud ofjimmyx27 has much to be proud ofjimmyx27 has much to be proud ofjimmyx27 has much to be proud ofjimmyx27 has much to be proud ofjimmyx27 has much to be proud ofjimmyx27 has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok so im having a bit of trouble on the removal of the pump. I removed all of the lines except for the aluminum one. I unscrewed the nut but I cant seem to get the line off. I read that post about possibly kinking it so I didnt want to try to hard. Is there a trick or sumthing im missing or do I just need to man up and pull it off? Any help wiukd be appreciated. Thanks
 Old 09-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #120

skeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the worldskeurton is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,814 Times in 555 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jimmyx27 View Post
Ok so im having a bit of trouble on the removal of the pump. I removed all of the lines except for the aluminum one. I unscrewed the nut but I cant seem to get the line off. I read that post about possibly kinking it so I didnt want to try to hard. Is there a trick or sumthing im missing or do I just need to man up and pull it off? Any help wiukd be appreciated. Thanks
The metal fuel line is recessed a bit into the fuel pump itself. Just takes a little bit of force when pulling the fuel pump out. Same goes for re-installing the pump.

BNR Supercars Stage 3 Turbo Aquamist HFS-4 Alcohol Injection Cobb Tuning AccesPORT • AccessTUNER Race KMD Tuning HPFP Internals v2.2 NGK 6510 Spark Plugs Bosch 3-Bar MAP Sensor Saikou Michi Oil Catch Can Grimmspeed 3-Port EBCS JBR TIGs • EGR Delete • Rear Sway Bar • RMM • PSMM • TMM HTP 3" TIP • Battery Tray SURE Motorsports 3" MAF • Shortcut • CounterShift • Anchors • AGS 621g Shift Knob Ultimate Racing Catted Downpipe • Test Pipe • Cat-Back Exhaust CP-e FMIC • SAFEseals Turbosmart Dual Port BOV PTP Injector Seal Studs EBC RedStuff Brake Pads • UPR Rotors Swift Spec R Springs Bilstein B8 Shocks SPC Performance Rear Camber Arms Tanabe Sustec Strut Tower Brace TWM Performance Full Replacement Shifter 5zοgen ZR+ 18x7.5 (Ceramic Bronze) Nitto NeoGen Tires Rally Armor Mud Flaps Morimoto 6000K HID Replacement Bulbs DDM Tuning 3000K HID Fog Lights Headlight Armor Yellow Fog Overlays Qualir QL-MZD723 Headunit Glowshift Mechanical Boost Gauge • A-Pillar Gauge Pod Aeroforce Dual Interceptor Gauges

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f633/fuel-pump-internals-install-125915/
Posted By For Type Date
Mega "How to" thread for genpu speed3s! - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum This thread Refback 05-29-2014 05:22 PM