register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base
>
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base (Gen1 - Gen 2)
> MSF KB - Mazdaspeed 3/6 - Fuel

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-24-2012, 12:48 AM   #281

Bosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 33 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by gpower07 View Post
shit...today i did my autotech internal...but i didn't lop with motor oil on the piston and spring....am i going ok? i already start the car...warm up for 30 min. and drove for half mile!!!!!
Really??

Originally Posted by gpower07 View Post
i dipped the piston with the O ring into gasoline. will that kill the O ring? if so. i can take it out and redo everything again.
This cannot really be a serious post, right? I am the last guy to be a straight up asshole to someone but it looks like you didn't read any of this thread or any other thread and installed your internals. If I am wrong, I apologize, but come on.

Wife's Car: 2013 CX5 AWD Grand Touring (It's slow but handles nice)
OBAMA SUCKS

Stratified Tune by Lex
 Old 04-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #282

Dubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

is it best to go through Eric@edgeautosports to get the best pricing on these internals?
 Old 04-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #283

Bosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the world
Groaned at 33 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did and was happy

Wife's Car: 2013 CX5 AWD Grand Touring (It's slow but handles nice)
OBAMA SUCKS

Stratified Tune by Lex
 Old 04-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #284

bigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,083 Times in 494 Posts
Groans: 23
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dubcnea View Post
is it best to go through Eric@edgeautosports to get the best pricing on these internals?
Price and service. They will even talk you through the install if necessary.
 Old 05-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #285

soulglow is a splendid one to beholdsoulglow is a splendid one to beholdsoulglow is a splendid one to beholdsoulglow is a splendid one to beholdsoulglow is a splendid one to beholdsoulglow is a splendid one to beholdsoulglow is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I did the upgrade with KMD internals yesterday, and I've got a few notes that might help people. This is on an MS6, so ymmv for a 3:

- Definitely remove IC cover, I ended up removing the IC too but that's not necessary (see note on blue line). I don't see any logical reason to remove the TIH or the battery, they do not restrict access at all. I did remove the SRI, mainly so I could get the big air hose out of the way of the fuel lines...this is the most useful prep.

- The blue fuel line clip...that shit is from another dimension. I ended up prying it completely off before the connector would come off the nip. I still don't understand it, and was pretty sure I was going to break it. Hopefully you're smarter than me.

- Rather than prying on the pump, I just used a flatblade against the vertical surface and tapped with a mallet. Slid right out.

- Don't worry about bending the metal fuel line out of the way before sliding the pump out. Once I slid the pump out and away enough, it separated on it's own with no grief.

- I ended up breaking my vice trying to get the main threads loose, forcing me to ride my bike through the rain to use my dad's vice. HAVE A GOOD VICE, and use some wood shims or rubber strips to hold the pump.

As far as the rebuild itself...just be wary and clean. The inside of the sleeve on mine had some pretty heavy crud. The instructions that come with the KMD internals are useless as far as the mechanical process, but fairly explicit as far as lubrication so follow that (grease internal parts, use oil on o-rings, don't forget the outer o-ring before re-installing.

In the process of threading the pump back in, a bunch of grit/corrosion from the housing would break loose and land in the body, forcing me to clean it out again. This happened a number of times, just be careful.

Primed it a few times and it fired right up...immediately hit 1700 PSI before eventually settling down. It's very clicky and noisy right now but seems to be working well. I let it idle for about 20 minutes then shut it off. After I put my exhaust on today I'll go for a long drive and see how everything goes.
2006 MS6 GT: CorkSport CBE and RP, TMIC / tubes; SURE Aeros v2 SRI w/AEM, Torq RMM, Short Cut, anchors; Cobb AP, TIP, XPE BPV; KMD HPFP; BC coilovers; SPC balljoints; JBR TIGs, EGR delete, OCC S2, spacers; Technafit SS lines; Hawk HPS; Iridium plugs
:::: STRATIFIED Lex tune on hold :::: Coming Soon: a few boxes of crap I haven't had time to install. ::::

2002 MP5 w/ HELLA RICEY BITS, Daily Driven with some embarrassment and lots of love.
:::: ::::
 Old 05-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #286

J_Logik is the leader of the worldJ_Logik is the leader of the worldJ_Logik is the leader of the worldJ_Logik is the leader of the worldJ_Logik is the leader of the worldJ_Logik is the leader of the worldJ_Logik is the leader of the worldJ_Logik is the leader of the worldJ_Logik is the leader of the worldJ_Logik is the leader of the worldJ_Logik is the leader of the world
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

All, I did the internal install on the weekend gone by (@rghispanic88 thanks for the instructions) and I'm trying to determine what is the average fuel pressure people are seeing after the upgrade?

I was seeing almost 1700psi with the OEM internals, but after the install I'm currently seeing between 1700-1780psi, but this is with me only pressing the pedal to about 5psi of boost. I haven't gone WOT throttle yet as I'm concerned I'm not seeing significantly higher output.

Any suggestions, could it be installed incorrectly?

Old 05-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #287

adlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,952 Times in 4,235 Posts
Groans: 669
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by J_Logik View Post
All, I did the internal install on the weekend gone by (@rghispanic88 thanks for the instructions) and I'm trying to determine what is the average fuel pressure people are seeing after the upgrade?

I was seeing almost 1700psi with the OEM internals, but after the install I'm currently seeing between 1700-1780psi, but this is with me only pressing the pedal to about 5psi of boost. I haven't gone WOT throttle yet as I'm concerned I'm not seeing significantly higher output.

If it was installed incorrectly your fuel pressure would be in the 60's. As long as you don't go under 1600 at WOT, you're fine. Nothing wrong with having higher pressure.

Fast cars are for straight lines. Corners are for fast drivers.

2006 Corvette Z06 - AKA "El Zorro"

Sold: 2012 Evolution X GSR - 394awhp / 378awtq

Sold: 2011 MS3 Hypnotic Tuned @ 322whp/370tq
 Old 05-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #288

rghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,162 Times in 1,330 Posts
Groans: 263
Groaned at 73 Times in 43 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by J_Logik View Post

no prob man

pressure under part-throttle is really not what we are really concerned about.

you want to focus on the pressure at full throtle or WOT. catch a log with the Ap strating at 2500 to redline, about 6300 RPM and makae sure that your pressure is not below 1600

2004 EVO 8 Green Monster The "7up"
 Old 05-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #289

Dumyz is the leader of the worldDumyz is the leader of the worldDumyz is the leader of the worldDumyz is the leader of the worldDumyz is the leader of the worldDumyz is the leader of the worldDumyz is the leader of the worldDumyz is the leader of the worldDumyz is the leader of the worldDumyz is the leader of the worldDumyz is the leader of the world
Groans: 27
Groaned at 6 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can someone more thoroughly explain step #8.5....? The one with the zip tie.

2010 Mazdaspeed 3 - Sold

New: 2008 Toyota Tundra

Old 05-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #290

adlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dumyz View Post
Can someone more thoroughly explain step #8.5....? The one with the zip tie.
Look at the bottom of the fuel pump where there a metal line. You need a 19mm wrench to take out the nut that attaches the pump to the metal line. When you remove that nut, it will fall down to the fuel line and be a pain in the ass to get back. That's why you put a zip tie to prevent the nut from sliding down the metal fuel line.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #291

RobLoMS3 is a glorious beacon of lightRobLoMS3 is a glorious beacon of lightRobLoMS3 is a glorious beacon of lightRobLoMS3 is a glorious beacon of lightRobLoMS3 is a glorious beacon of lightRobLoMS3 is a glorious beacon of light
Not Ranked  0 score     

You wana place a zip tie bellow the nut on the bottom fuel line, so when u take it off it doesn't slide out of your reach. I just used some tape. Then after its all put back together u remove the zip tie

tapin
 Old 05-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #292

Dubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

subbing
 Old 05-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #293

Werm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond reputeWerm has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

anyone know if the stock fuel pumps on the send gens are the same as the speed6? thinking of just buying a new fuel pump and putting the internals in it and just swaping it out for mine. i know the part number for the speed6 pump and not the speed3 so I can't be certain im ordering the right part
 Old 05-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #294

Acedelgado has much to be proud ofAcedelgado has much to be proud ofAcedelgado has much to be proud ofAcedelgado has much to be proud ofAcedelgado has much to be proud ofAcedelgado has much to be proud ofAcedelgado has much to be proud ofAcedelgado has much to be proud ofAcedelgado has much to be proud ofAcedelgado has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Werm View Post
anyone know if the stock fuel pumps on the send gens are the same as the speed6? thinking of just buying a new fuel pump and putting the internals in it and just swaping it out for mine. i know the part number for the speed6 pump and not the speed3 so I can't be certain im ordering the right part
Why? The hardest part of the install is taking the pump off and putting it back on the car. Why do it twice? Internals themselves are super easy to do and hard to screw up. Just make sure you wear some dust-free nitrate gloves to handle the parts, lube lightly and don't force anything.

Kensun 6000k HID / SURE 70a RMM \Cobb AP/ Autotech Internals\ Corksport SRI + TIP/ Synchronic BOV

Interior:

AppRadio 2 + ARLiberator + ScanTool Bluetooth OBDII Reader + Torque Pro = Win.
 Old 05-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #295

smoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,793 Times in 3,106 Posts
Groans: 423
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Werm View Post
This makes almost no sense to me. Either way you are going have to disassemble a pump and put one back together. Its not like you are eliminating any chance of something going wrong. You are preforming all the same steps as someone that just simply swaps out the internals.

Why would you want a whole new pump assembly?
SOLD

1999 Jeep XJ
6.5" Lift | Armor | 33" Tires | Bumpers

1996 Jeep XJ
3.5" Lift | 31" GY Duratracs | Bumpers

1994 Miata
15x8's w/NT05's | KYB AGX | Hardog Roll Bar | 70D Engine Mounts
 Old 07-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #296

pwned has disabled reputation
Thanked 1,227 Times in 329 Posts
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did my install last weekend.

Seen how too's that say remove the intake and batt box. Hmmm too much work for me!!

-Removed tmic
-shoved rag down by fuel line under nut
-took my 19mm wrench and loosened nut
-removed upper quick disconnect lines
-removed inverted torx
-removed pump
-placed pump on clean surface
-pulled out spring/rod portion
-air comressor filled up to 60psi(half of capacity so its not full power)
-used my 1/2in mac air gun to zip off nut while holding pump in hand
-removed bottom part of pump pay attention what sise is up and facing down
-lubed up oring on inside of nut you zipped off
-took shaft and slid in and out of oring(it did take convicing this was the most tedious part i thought i was going to fold the oring over or damage it at first
-reinstalled into pump itself
-hit the nut with the gun 2 times
-slid spring down over rod and installed keepers then pushed down to lock inplace
-lubed up main oring that slid into pump on car
-installing into car the fuel line top itself was in the way of sliding the pump back in so i took a long skinny screw driver and slightly pushed the line over to allow clearance
-all fell right into place with no issues
-tightened all bolts and reinstalled everything
-done!!!!!
JBR 88a Trilogy // Full3 Aeros ID300 Intake // At Internals // UR Catless Tbe // JBR Occ // Forge V2 // Cobb FMIC // Ngk(6510)@.026 // Devils Own WMI // Freek Tune // Swift Springs // JBR Rsb
323hp/351tq SAE

Current..
02 Regal GS-Go fast stuff-286hp/314tq 12.8 @ 108.....248k original motor/trans(Broken........Trans failed at 249,334 12/6/15)
16' Mazda 6 GT (sonic silver)
 Old 07-12-2012, 03:37 AM   #297

Seaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks to OP for this,
Did my HPFP upgrade, very easy, i didnt have to pull anything off the car apart from the TMIC shroud to remove the pump
 Old 07-12-2012, 06:22 AM   #298

h0ckeyman is the leader of the worldh0ckeyman is the leader of the worldh0ckeyman is the leader of the worldh0ckeyman is the leader of the worldh0ckeyman is the leader of the worldh0ckeyman is the leader of the worldh0ckeyman is the leader of the worldh0ckeyman is the leader of the worldh0ckeyman is the leader of the worldh0ckeyman is the leader of the worldh0ckeyman is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,296 Times in 674 Posts
Groans: 32
Groaned at 11 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice instructions, will be doing this soon.
 Old 07-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #299

soaptray has a reputation beyond reputesoaptray has a reputation beyond reputesoaptray has a reputation beyond reputesoaptray has a reputation beyond reputesoaptray has a reputation beyond reputesoaptray has a reputation beyond reputesoaptray has a reputation beyond reputesoaptray has a reputation beyond reputesoaptray has a reputation beyond reputesoaptray has a reputation beyond reputesoaptray has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for the write up! Will be doing this to mine in the next few days!

[ 2010 MAZDASPEED3 - Crystal White Pearl ]

Lighting 6000k HID Bi-Xenon, Painted, LED Halos, HID Fogs, LED Interior | Autotech HPFP Internals | MagnaFlow CBE | CP-e DeltaCore FMIC | Cobb SRI, TIH, AP, Knob | TurboXS Hybrid BOV | UR Catted Downpipe, Test Pipe | Denso ITV22 Plugs | SURE Anchors, Counterweight, Shortcut | Rally Armor Flaps | AutoEXE Strut Bar | Speedline Hood Damper | Prosport Evo Boost Gauge, Evo Wideband AFR Gauge | JBR 80a RMM, 80a TMM Mount, Stage 2 OCC | Hella Supertones | Misc 30% Tint | Varrstoen 18 x 8.5 ES2 +35 | Koni Yellows | H&R Springs

In Garage: XSPower Exhaust Manifold, Garret GTX3076R EWG
 Old 08-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #300

kashbringer is the leader of the worldkashbringer is the leader of the worldkashbringer is the leader of the worldkashbringer is the leader of the worldkashbringer is the leader of the worldkashbringer is the leader of the worldkashbringer is the leader of the worldkashbringer is the leader of the worldkashbringer is the leader of the worldkashbringer is the leader of the worldkashbringer is the leader of the world
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This thread helped a TON today! Thank you OP.. Though as I was working I forgot to add a zip tie on the metal fuel line... Luckily a pair of pliers helped get the but back from the depths of hell!

I think it's been mentioned, but if anyone is looking around.. The E8 Inverted set is sold at harbor freight tools.. like 8 bucks for a set of inverted star sockets.
Performance - Precision 5858 - Built motor (K1 Rods / Wiseco Pistons / ARP main studs / Stock head bolts) - Cobb V3 AccessPORT - PERM 5th port kit, PERM Plate - HTP 3.5" Intake (Powder Coated Pure Orange) - Autotech HPFP Internals – CPE Vband Exhaust Manifold - Kozmic Vband Downpipe, Dumptube, Oil feed / Return lines, Vented OCC, Primary EGR delete – Ultimate Racing Catback, FMIC modified for 5th port by Kozmic Motorsports - Turbosmart dual port , 45mm EWG - JBR Coolant Bypass, EGR Delete, Throttle body TIG, Dogbone RMM, Transmission Mount, Sealed OCC - Grimmspeed EBCS - NGK plugs - Bosch 3.5 Bar MAP w/MattJackson86 PnP Harness – Ported Intake manifold with VCTS delete, 1/8" Intake manifold TIG by Zack - Spec Stage 3+ Clutch and flywheel

Tuned by Voltwings
(OLD k04 SET UP ) 374.5 WHP 447.2 WTQ with stock K04 - 1-17-14 Dynocom dyno
(New BT numbers soon) ~487WHP 455wtq Virtual Dyno and out of fuel... moar injectors!

Looks - Pure Orange Powder Coated Gen Pu Stockers - Muteki SR48 Lugs - 5k HIDs / 3K HID Fogs
 Old 08-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #301

Martinezs89 will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 8 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This is a good write up! ill be doing this soon to my car a must needed mod
 Old 08-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #302

punisherB273 has a reputation beyond reputepunisherB273 has a reputation beyond reputepunisherB273 has a reputation beyond reputepunisherB273 has a reputation beyond reputepunisherB273 has a reputation beyond reputepunisherB273 has a reputation beyond reputepunisherB273 has a reputation beyond reputepunisherB273 has a reputation beyond reputepunisherB273 has a reputation beyond reputepunisherB273 has a reputation beyond reputepunisherB273 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just did my install today and thought i would share a few things I found that make the install easier I haven't read about yet.

1. If you are installing auto techs the directions have you completely dissasemble the pump to clean. On the sensor part that has to be removed I left the pump bolted up and used a crescent wrench to loosen the sensor before removal. If you don't have a vice or don't like clamping soft aluminum in a vice this helps with removal as you can't get an impact on there with the sensor in the way. I used a 3/8ths impact for everything else. No vice needed.

2. Removing the TIP is a lot easier than trying to loosen the lower fuel line 1/16th of a turn at a time. I even have crows foot line wrenches but i didn't have any luck getting those to work.

3. Removing the intercooler makes no sense.

4. My TIP clamp was finger tight from the factory with only 6k miles on the car. I'd check yours As I've never even touched the thing for it to be loose. While your at it just replace the darn thing it's cheap looking plastic junk

5. The fuel line fitting has tons of red lock tight on it that flakes off when cleaning the pump. Spend extra time getting that clean as it can fall off and get in the pump when rebuilding

6. If you watch the video op posted in a link don't be like them. Wear gloves and use lint free cloth . They looked like a couple of monkeys humping a football especially when installing the piston retainers. Seriously push the piston all the way up, put the silver retainer on the spring, slide keepers in place and then push the piston down to lock into place
 Old 08-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #303

DingoDave is the leader of the worldDingoDave is the leader of the worldDingoDave is the leader of the worldDingoDave is the leader of the worldDingoDave is the leader of the worldDingoDave is the leader of the worldDingoDave is the leader of the worldDingoDave is the leader of the worldDingoDave is the leader of the worldDingoDave is the leader of the worldDingoDave is the leader of the world
Groans: 43
Groaned at 8 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by punisherB273 View Post
4. My TIP clamp was finger tight from the factory with only 6k miles on the car. I'd check yours As I've never even touched the thing for it to be loose. While your at it just replace the darn thing it's cheap looking plastic junk
Just installed an aftermarket TIP on a buddy's gen2 MS3 the other day and the clamp on his stock TIP was finger tight as well.

Tuned with by
 Old 08-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #304

3starmagnum is the leader of the world3starmagnum is the leader of the world3starmagnum is the leader of the world3starmagnum is the leader of the world3starmagnum is the leader of the world3starmagnum is the leader of the world3starmagnum is the leader of the world3starmagnum is the leader of the world3starmagnum is the leader of the world3starmagnum is the leader of the world3starmagnum is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just did this today. Thanks OP for the nice write up!

Word to those who haven't done this yet and are planning to: get 'er done!! Don't be scared. Just read up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

STRATIFIED TUNED by Lex
 Old 08-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #305

Adog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Autotech internals still going strong.
RMM
CS TIP/SRI
Dizzy Tuned
Autotech Internals
Swift Springs
JBR Rear Sway
Stoptech 309's
First Turbo Car and I love it!
 Old 08-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #306

IHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Gonna be doing the install hopefully this weekend. Thanks for the write-up OP. And wish me luck! lol
2010 MS3 purchased 02/11/12 (11,9xx miles) II Headlight Armor yellow fogs II CS RMM insert II CS SRI/TIP II DDM HID Kit low beams 4300k II Plasti-dipped rear valence II Eibach prokit II OEM Rear bumper guard II OEM roof rack II Thule 44" fairing II Privat Akzent 18x8.5+40 II 235/40 Falken Ziex II UltraGauge II Cobb AccessPort II OBX test pipe II AT Fuel Pump Internals II HKS bov VTA II CP-E TMIC II ATP Long Downpipe II CS Shift Plate II Koni Yellows II

Re-tune in progress!

Engine oil : Rotella T6
Oil filter : Motorcraft
 Old 09-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #307

strukoff is a name known to allstrukoff is a name known to allstrukoff is a name known to allstrukoff is a name known to allstrukoff is a name known to allstrukoff is a name known to all
Not Ranked  0 score     

Finished my AT internals install this morning. Very easy install, easier than my TIP install. Here's some notes from my experience:

-remove fuse and let the car die as you will have virtually no fuel spillage (may take a few minutes)
-just removed IC cover and valve cover breather tube
-removing IC lower tube and battery/ecu tray would be easier if you can't fit the open end wrenches in
-crow's feet do not work so don't waste your money/time
-blue clip on fuel line, just lift the blue clip out a bit with one hand and pull the line out
-yellow clip will release with a flat head screwdriver easily
-when putting pump back on, I just tightened the 3 bolts down evenly and the lower hard line clicked into place
-primed the pump and it fired up easily

Honestly don't be worried about this install!

Now on my way to getting Stratified!!!!!
 Old 09-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #308

manila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,190 Times in 611 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 30 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Maybe I can get your guys opinion, I have a friend who was offered to switch his OEM internals with Autotechs (with roughly less than 500 miles). Here's the scenario the Autotechs were installed by a shop PTuning located in Manassas VA if your not familiar with them. Does this seem like a good/even trade? I saw that the internals required gloves, soaking in gas/fresh oil.

The reason for the swap the guy with the Autotechs is trading in his speed for a focus ST

COBB AP V3 >> AUTOTECH HPFP >> HTP 3.5" >> ATP DP (catless) >> AXLEBACK (no mufflers) >> COBB PIPING/TR6 CORE >>

JBR RMM >> SSP/BUSHINGS >> RSB >> STG. 2 OCC >>

HYPNOTIC TUNED: tehmadscientist & senor finkle

Old 09-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #309

smoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,793 Times in 3,106 Posts
Groans: 423
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by manilaMS12 View Post
Maybe I can get your guys opinion, I have a friend who was offered to switch his OEM internals with Autotechs (with roughly less than 500 miles). Here's the scenario the Autotechs were installed by a shop PTuning located in Manassas VA if your not familiar with them. Does this seem like a good/even trade? I saw that the internals required gloves, soaking in gas/fresh oil.

The reason for the swap the guy with the Autotechs is trading in his speed for a focus ST
He would be an idiot not to. Seems pretty straight forward to me
SOLD

1999 Jeep XJ
6.5" Lift | Armor | 33" Tires | Bumpers

1996 Jeep XJ
3.5" Lift | 31" GY Duratracs | Bumpers

1994 Miata
15x8's w/NT05's | KYB AGX | Hardog Roll Bar | 70D Engine Mounts
 Old 09-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #310

Boosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,408 Times in 1,844 Posts
Groans: 50
Groaned at 20 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Have one of them log it and see how much fp it's holding.

Fucking FREEK TUNED and shit
 Old 09-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #311

manila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can any of you shed some light on this question? I'm about to install my internals soon and my test pipe. I understand your suppose to drive easy for a good 100 miles or so with the internals in correct? I was wondering if I should install the internals first and let them set for a few miles and then install the test pipe, or would it be fine to install them simultaneously?

COBB AP V3 >> AUTOTECH HPFP >> HTP 3.5" >> ATP DP (catless) >> AXLEBACK (no mufflers) >> COBB PIPING/TR6 CORE >>

Old 09-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #312

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by manilaMS12 View Post
Can any of you shed some light on this question? I'm about to install my internals soon and my test pipe. I understand your suppose to drive easy for a good 100 miles or so with the internals in correct? I was wondering if I should install the internals first and let them set for a few miles and then install the test pipe, or would it be fine to install them simultaneously?
Simultaneously is fine. And 100 miles is excessive. You don't need anywhere near that

Old 09-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #313

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by adlpb View Post
Simultaneously is fine. And 100 miles is excessive. You don't need anywhere near that
Ok sounds good appreciate your input!

Old 09-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #314
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,005 Times in 14,589 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by wolly6973 View Post
Not sure what the OTS maps command for fp for stage 1, but that may be all that is requested.

Also, cpe pumps tend to run closer to stock pressures than autotech & kmd.

Try upping the boost and increasing fp and see if you are still holding pressure. Do these in separate map revisions though, so you will know what pushes it over the limit.
Discuss:
Fuel Pump internals Install!

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f633/fuel-pump-internals-install-125915/
Posted By For Type Date
Mega "How to" thread for genpu speed3s! - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum This thread Refback 05-29-2014 05:22 PM