register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base
>
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base (Gen1 - Gen 2)
> MSF KB - Mazdaspeed 3/6 - Fuel

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #41

laxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the world
Groans: 20
Groaned at 24 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by silvapain View Post
It comes out very easily with a jewelers screwdriver. I've pulled mine out before to inspect it.

It's not a normal toroidal O-ring. The edges are flattened, where the cross-section is square not circular.

Tapadatass
well then i dont think ill have any orings like that around, but that doesnt mean you couldnt just put a slighter larger reg one and squeeze it in.

Also i dont think measuring the o ring would be that accurate, especially if we think oil is leaking by it. Oil will almost always swell the o ring or atleast deform it slightly.

All this talk makes me want to jump on the band wagon, although i would need to move back home, there is no close stations near memphis
 Old 12-13-2011, 06:40 PM   #42

dougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,364 Times in 2,335 Posts
Groans: 25
Groaned at 23 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So what specifically do you guys use to clean the spill valve? I didn't see anything mentioned... I like brake cleaner, but I wouldn't use that by the o-ring part.

Also, is the seafoam in the tank only necessary over 50/50?

TIA

EDIT: You guys have 2 maps handy in case you're on a trip and can't plan E85 stations? I plan on have 93 the a mix map. Not sure of mix, maybe E30.

N55 Dinan Stage 1 w/ Intake. Tech package w/ Bluetooth audio/streaming, SAT Radio, & 12.5G HD, Navi Sys Pro w/ Back-up Cam/sensors & Park Distant Control; Auto-Trunk, TPC, LED lighting interior (doors) and exterior (door handles), & tint.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 12-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #43

Enki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,287 Times in 4,841 Posts
Groans: 189
Groaned at 40 Times in 36 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Seafoam doesn't do a fucking thing. Trust me.

Use 91 pump gas and a toothbrush/lint free cloth to wipe the sticky off of everything and you'll be good.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1981_1.gif
 Old 12-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #44
Eth Fiend

phate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,662 Times in 5,847 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dougefresh_ View Post
So what specifically do you guys use to clean the spill valve? I didn't see anything mentioned... I like brake cleaner, but I wouldn't use that by the o-ring part.

Also, is the seafoam in the tank only necessary over 50/50?

TIA

EDIT: You guys have 2 maps handy in case you're on a trip and can't plan E85 stations? I plan on have 93 the a mix map. Not sure of mix, maybe E30.
I use brake cleaner, but gas works, as well.

I have a 93 octane map, a 50/50 shitty map, an E70 (winter) map, and my E85 (summer) map

I picked up a can of seafoam last time I was in town. I'm going to get a gunk specimen and see what the seafoam does to it, directly.

www.mazdamotorsports.com <<--Mazda racer support program that is free to join and will save you a ton of money.
 Old 12-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #45

dougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,364 Times in 2,335 Posts
Groans: 25
Groaned at 23 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Cool, thanks. What's a 50/50 shitty map? lol Something like my current 93 shitty map?

N55 Dinan Stage 1 w/ Intake. Tech package w/ Bluetooth audio/streaming, SAT Radio, & 12.5G HD, Navi Sys Pro w/ Back-up Cam/sensors & Park Distant Control; Auto-Trunk, TPC, LED lighting interior (doors) and exterior (door handles), & tint.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 12-14-2011, 12:56 AM   #46

jroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,110 Times in 501 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by phate View Post
I use brake cleaner, but gas works, as well.

I have a 93 octane map, a 50/50 shitty map, an E70 (winter) map, and my E85 (summer) map

I picked up a can of seafoam last time I was in town. I'm going to get a gunk specimen and see what the seafoam does to it, directly.
kind of going along with the last sentence, when i had my engine apart, i had put a stock piston in a bowl of seaform and let it sit for a full day. SOME carbon deposits came off, not a whole lot/what i had hoped for.

NASA Time Trials/Time Attack, Global Time Attack

A miata may be gay, but its probably faster than your car around a track. That's pretty gay.
 Old 12-14-2011, 06:03 AM   #47

silvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,664 Times in 5,045 Posts
Groans: 136
Groaned at 47 Times in 41 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I use gasoline and Qtips to clean my spill valve, and I keep a 93 Octane pump tune on my AP just in case I'm stuck in an area without an E85 pump.

Tapadatass
 Old 04-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #48
lulz @Raider

burn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,183 Times in 1,903 Posts
Groans: 18
Groaned at 21 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

subbed... for reference... thank you @silvapain !!!!

HKS CBE/ Koni Yellows and H&R springs/ HTP Whale Penis Intake/ PTP Fuel internals/SteedSpeed Mani/CP-E SafeSeals/E85 Hypnotic Tuned
 Old 05-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #49

Vinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the worldVinnie is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,395 Times in 271 Posts
Groans: 76
Groaned at 20 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you're the best!
 Old 09-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #50

Erich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the world
Thanked 91,339 Times in 2,955 Posts
Groans: 19
Groaned at 28 Times in 24 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Discuss here:
HOW TO: Remove & Disassemble HPFP Spill Valve

2 years after hitting 700hp and still running strong. Happy to see others joining the club.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f633/how-remove-disassemble-hpfp-spill-valve-125098/
Posted By For Type Date
Mega "How to" thread for genpu speed3s! - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum This thread Refback 06-07-2014 05:54 PM