register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Sponsors > FREEKTUNE

FREEKTUNE Freektune is the leader in Mazdaspeed tuning. Having tuned over 300 individual Mazdaspeeds around the world, we can deliver the highest quality of engine tuning for your vehicle. We specialize in driveability, engine performance, engine building/repair, and most of all customer service.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-12-2018, 08:49 AM   #1

nebolskeetskeet is a glorious beacon of lightnebolskeetskeet is a glorious beacon of lightnebolskeetskeet is a glorious beacon of lightnebolskeetskeet is a glorious beacon of lightnebolskeetskeet is a glorious beacon of lightnebolskeetskeet is a glorious beacon of light
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Cobb EBCS and not custom tuned

I recent purchased a MS6 (mods in my signature), and noticed that it has a Cobb EBCS. The seller told me that he is only running a OTS Cobb Stage 3 map (modified to remove VTCS codes).

I am having rich at idle issues, and was wondering if this could be a culprit.

Thanks!

(GONE) - 2008 Black Mica MS3
nebolskeetskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to nebolskeetskeet For This Un-useful Post:
mituc (08-01-2018)
 Old 07-13-2018, 08:28 AM   #2

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

No
Versatuner, 3-bar MAP, ITV22, CP-e TMIC
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Rear Russian Bushings, Poly FSB Bushings Magnaflow CBE, ACT 6-puck/Streetlite
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/OCC/PCV Plate
Other rides:
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD - 355k mile Speed support vehicle.
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken (since Christmas 2015 and I really need to get rid of it)
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fstrnyou For This Useful Post:
Vansquish (07-13-2018)
 Old 07-13-2018, 06:08 PM   #3

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,511 Times in 1,370 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you have an s4 and your running a ots map kiss that motor goodbye. It’s a matter of time before she lets loose.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-13-2018, 07:48 PM   #4

shaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the world
Groaned at 21 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

OP join date is 2011...7 years to research shit that will answer the questions 100 times over....then to top it off, posts in the wrong area of the forum to ask the obvious.
Gen 2 2012 - Precision 6062 Turbo - CPE Exhaust Mani - PTE 46mm EWG - 2NV Industries built Forged bottom end - PNP Head - JMF V2 Intake Mani- Custom DP UR Cat Back - HTP 4 inch intake - TR8 FMIC - Custom FREEKTUNE METH Port Injection - Cobb 3 port EBC- Autotech internals - FREEKTUNED.
shaneski is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-13-2018, 11:06 PM   #5

nebolskeetskeet is a glorious beacon of lightnebolskeetskeet is a glorious beacon of lightnebolskeetskeet is a glorious beacon of lightnebolskeetskeet is a glorious beacon of lightnebolskeetskeet is a glorious beacon of lightnebolskeetskeet is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
OP join date is 2011...7 years to research shit that will answer the questions 100 times over....then to top it off, posts in the wrong area of the forum to ask the obvious.
I used to drive a gen 1 ms3, but never had the money/time to mod and tune. I really think I f’ed up in buying this car, but really wanted to get into ms6.

I posted here because I wanted to know from a pro tuner if this was compounding to my issues. All I could find doing research is that a custom tune is needed for the ebcs, and not what happens if you don’t run a custom tune.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:55 AM   #6

shamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

non stock turbo = custom tune
2009 MGM MS3 - / HTP 3"/ COBB AP, FMIC, RMM, & DP / AT Internals / Manley Rods & Pistons / ARP studs & bolts / Koyorad radiator / DM OCCs / ACT Clutch / Bilstein B16 / CS Camber Plates, Camber Arms, & Seals / JBR .125 RSB, 51R Battery Box & Raider's AD / StopTech Brakes
shamie is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-01-2018, 12:24 AM   #7

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,116 Times in 1,223 Posts
Groans: 111
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by nebolskeetskeet View Post
I recent purchased a MS6 (mods in my signature), and noticed that it has a Cobb EBCS. The seller told me that he is only running a OTS Cobb Stage 3 map (modified to remove VTCS codes).

I am having rich at idle issues, and was wondering if this could be a culprit.
If not running a custom tune from the tuner that has this section then why would you post here and not in a general ECU tuning section under the MS6 section on this forum?

The rich at idle errors are usually caused by MAF calibrations. No matter where you have a leak in your intake, at idle you're pretty much under vacuum so the engine would pull unmetered air rather than loosing metered air. So probably the previous owner also had a different (larger) intake and the tune you now have on the car has the MAF cal for that intake, not for the smaller intake you have now.
Usually this code appears when the difference between the target AFR and actual AFR is larger than 25% which is beyond the self-adjusting capabilities of the ECU logic, and also indicate a problem.

Another cause for the rich condition may be faulty HPFP o-rings which favour fuel-oil mixing. In such cases though there is going to be so much fuel in the oil that the oil level (or whatever you can call the resulted fluid) will be way beyond the MAX mark on the dipstick. So check that as well.

So nothing to do with the Cobb EBCS or Freektune. Please post in the right section next time.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb XLE, Cobb EBCS
GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock intake, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW
self-Versatuned to 22PSI
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mituc For This Useful Post:
nebolskeetskeet (08-01-2018), Orimar (08-01-2018)
 Old 08-01-2018, 09:36 AM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mituc View Post
If not running a custom tune from the tuner that has this section then why would you post here and not in a general ECU tuning section under the MS6 section on this forum?

The rich at idle errors are usually caused by MAF calibrations. No matter where you have a leak in your intake, at idle you're pretty much under vacuum so the engine would pull unmetered air rather than loosing metered air. So probably the previous owner also had a different (larger) intake and the tune you now have on the car has the MAF cal for that intake, not for the smaller intake you have now.
Usually this code appears when the difference between the target AFR and actual AFR is larger than 25% which is beyond the self-adjusting capabilities of the ECU logic, and also indicate a problem.

Another cause for the rich condition may be faulty HPFP o-rings which favour fuel-oil mixing. In such cases though there is going to be so much fuel in the oil that the oil level (or whatever you can call the resulted fluid) will be way beyond the MAX mark on the dipstick. So check that as well.

So nothing to do with the Cobb EBCS or Freektune. Please post in the right section next time.
You are right, I should have posted in the tuning section and apologize. Are we able to move this thread?

I also appreciate your input, I have been doing a lot of research lately and what you say makes total sense. I am not getting any crazy amounts of gas in my oil so I think that the leaking o-ring wasn't the culprit. I recently replaced my radiator, thermostat, MAF, PCV valve, and corrected some incorrect routing of lines on my EBCS and I have not thrown the P2188 code in 200 miles and counting.

However, I am noticing that my LTFTs are negative when cruising, so I suspect a MAF cal is needed. Like I said, I am kinda new to the tuning game and want to make sure the car is running safely.

Thanks again for the help. Next time I will post in the appropriate forum.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:28 AM   #9

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 189
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by nebolskeetskeet View Post
You are right, I should have posted in the tuning section and apologize. Are we able to move this thread?

I also appreciate your input, I have been doing a lot of research lately and what you say makes total sense. I am not getting any crazy amounts of gas in my oil so I think that the leaking o-ring wasn't the culprit. I recently replaced my radiator, thermostat, MAF, PCV valve, and corrected some incorrect routing of lines on my EBCS and I have not thrown the P2188 code in 200 miles and counting.

However, I am noticing that my LTFTs are negative when cruising, so I suspect a MAF cal is needed. Like I said, I am kinda new to the tuning game and want to make sure the car is running safely.

Thanks again for the help. Next time I will post in the appropriate forum.
You would be much better off spending your money on a custom tune. Go to the Freektune website and purchase a custom tune. It will be the best money you've ever spent!

Are you really running an OTS tune with a BNRS3???

Also, fuel trims in the +/- 8-10% range are normal. Nothing to worry about.
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-01-2018, 12:21 PM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Thor Hammer View Post
You would be much better off spending your money on a custom tune. Go to the Freektune website and purchase a custom tune. It will be the best money you've ever spent!

Are you really running an OTS tune with a BNRS3???

Also, fuel trims in the +/- 8-10% range are normal. Nothing to worry about.
That was my plan, and kind of the reason why I posted on the Freektune section at first.

Yes, the previous owner told me that he was running Cobb's OTS Stage 3 tune. I am truly ashamed that I did not do the right research before committing to the car. So, right now I am on a mission to ensure the car is in the best working order before getting an e-tune.

Depending on the bin, my LTFTs are between -10% to -20% while driving. Idle is around -5%.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:49 PM   #11

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If your intake system (from MAF to head) is without a doubt leak free, a proper MAFcal is needed.
Versatuner, 3-bar MAP, ITV22, CP-e TMIC
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Rear Russian Bushings, Poly FSB Bushings Magnaflow CBE, ACT 6-puck/Streetlite
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/OCC/PCV Plate
Other rides:
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD - 355k mile Speed support vehicle.
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken (since Christmas 2015 and I really need to get rid of it)
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-01-2018, 01:23 PM   #12

Derekst has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Harness help missing plug

I just swapped another motor due to my old
Block blowing a hole out the back I installed everything there is just one plug for my
Cooling fan that i can’t seem to find. Its a single pin plug with a red lock tab on it
Any help please !
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7D229F3E-274F-4EBB-A2F6-8A4979933AE7.jpeg (2.23 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpeg CA61B92F-19F7-4A66-94A5-56670DB19857.jpeg (1.98 MB, 2 views)
Derekst is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say NO Thank You to Derekst For This Un-useful Post:
mituc (08-01-2018), Thor Hammer (08-01-2018)
 Old 08-01-2018, 01:43 PM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Derekst View Post
Block blowing a hole out the back I installed everything there is just one plug for my
Cooling fan that i can’t seem to find. Its a single pin plug with a red lock tab on it
Any help please !
Thread jack..

When changing out my radiator I can across two plugs with red lock tabs: one on the throttle body, and the other connected to a sensor on the hood latch.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:32 PM   #14

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 189
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Derekst View Post
Any help please !
That connector goes straight to your battery. Just cut if off and splice it in.

Seriously, start your own thread noob.
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote