register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base
>
MSF Wikispeedia
>
Wiki General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree7Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-19-2014, 03:20 PM   #1

Enki has disabled reputation
Thanked 19,288 Times in 4,841 Posts
Groans: 189
Groaned at 40 Times in 36 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Wiki main format discussion

Originally Posted by someguy View Post
I'd suggest you want to lay out an index of sorts with some structure like:

Tuning
- General
- - What is tuning
- - Terms
- How To's
- ATR
- - Boost
- - Timing
- - Fueling
- - etc
- Hypertech
- etc
Parts
- How To's
- Intakes
- - MAF Sensor
- Downpipes
- - O2 Sensor
- Fuel Pumps
- etc
Vehicle Specific
- MS3
- - GenWon
- - GenPu
- MS6
- Miata
- CX-7

and so on and so forth. I think having the basic structures and indexes is the best place to start before creating random pages. Then just go through and fill in the blanks once a high level structure is agreed on. If you just create random pages without any structure (the URL structure in wiki guides the layout to a big extent) it will be a total mess.
Personally I think the specific vehicle/year considerations should be a part of the main page for whatever just to cut down on having to get click happy or having information in multiple locations, even if that means the pages get a little bigger.

Keep in mind we can always reformat/redirect pages as needed later.
Agent_Orange (03-20-2014), Easter Bunny (03-19-2014), ItsNox (04-01-2014), mxlplx71 (03-19-2014), Nliiitend1 (03-20-2014), someguy (03-19-2014), WetzMS3 (03-19-2014)
 Old 03-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #2

Gr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,747 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 123 Times in 84 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Under Parts I would start with a "General Build Path" section to talk about the order of bolt-ons. Hopefully that will eliminate most of the stupid questions regarding what to buy in what order.
 Old 03-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #3

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Gr8Speed View Post
Under Parts I would start with a "General Build Path" section to talk about the order of bolt-ons. Hopefully that will eliminate most of the stupid questions regarding what to buy in what order.
Tuning
- General
- - Terms
- - What is tuning
- How To's
- ATR
- - Boost
- - Timing
- - Fueling
- Hypertech
- etc
Parts
- General Build Paths / Stages
- How To's
- Intakes
- - MAF Sensor
- Downpipes
- - O2 Sensor
- Fuel Pumps
Like so...Anyone else have suggestions before I start laying this framework out?
Gr8Speed (03-19-2014), WetzMS3 (03-19-2014)
 Old 03-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #4
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,010 Times in 2,809 Posts
Groans: 1,906
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

In the tuning section, even though there's going to be some overlap in the Boost/Timing portions, it might behove us to have a "load" portion. This will be quite important for the newbs who don't really understand the ECU's strategies with respect to hitting various targets. I know it's not the most popular concept, but I firmly believe that having a subsection dedicated to fuel economy would be good too, though that could be in the fueling area.

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2014, 03:40 PM   #5

WetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,203 Times in 3,608 Posts
Groans: 430
Groaned at 247 Times in 83 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would suggest that in this section things remain fairly general. I've noticed that a lot of the "Official Exhaust/Intake/(Whatever)" threads included specific parts available. Eventually that information becomes out dated and either includes parts that are no longer made, or does not include all options currently on the market.

I think it's a good idea to reduce those questions, just in general terms.

SLUNTWORKS SPEEDSHOP
WetzMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WetzMS3 For This Useful Post:
JgamB (05-07-2014), sidekick (03-19-2014)
 Old 03-19-2014, 03:42 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
In the tuning section, even though there's going to be some overlap in the Boost/Timing portions, it might behove us to have a "load" portion. This will be quite important for the newbs who don't really understand the ECU's strategies with respect to hitting various targets. I know it's not the most popular concept, but I firmly believe that having a subsection dedicated to fuel economy would be good too, though that could be in the fueling area.
Parts
- General Build Paths / Stages
- How To's
- Fuel Pumps
- Intakes
- - MAF Sensor
- Downpipes
- - O2 Sensor
Tuning
- General
- - Terms
- - What is tuning
- How To's
- Hypertech
- MazdaEdit
- - Boost
- - Timing
- - Fueling
- - Load
- ATR
- - Boost
- - Timing
- - Fueling
- - Load
Load is quite important for a consistent tune; swapped some other stuff around a bit too. Keep the suggestions coming guys.

Originally Posted by WetzMS3 View Post
I would suggest that in this section things remain fairly general. I've noticed that a lot of the "Official Exhaust/Intake/(Whatever)" threads included specific parts available. Eventually that information becomes out dated and either includes parts that are no longer made, or does not include all options currently on the market.

I think it's a good idea to reduce those questions, just in general terms.
The good thing about a wiki is that if someone sees it has something in it that is no longer accurate, it only takes a moment or two to update it.

We can also embed MAF cals to go with the intakes list.

Last edited by Enki; 03-19-2014 at 03:42 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Enki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enki For This Useful Post:
Vansquish (03-19-2014), WetzMS3 (03-19-2014)
 Old 03-19-2014, 03:53 PM   #7

someguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the world
Groans: 24
Groaned at 166 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah guys, load or whatever other things makes sense in the tuning section. I just made some high level quick examples, not a complete list. I'd imagine MAF calibration, throttle tables, knock tables, etc are all applicable with what they mean, how to monitor them, how to adjust them and what adjusting them does.

I think some model specific stuff is useful too. Tuning can probably be shared but there are definitely very model specific things too when you look past the MS3/MS6.

Also, random question or something for consideration...are big turbo's and engine build's their own section or do they belong in parts?

Oh and definitely a NATOR page to explain it to the masses, even if it's just populated with the sticky description.
- CS Brake Pads - Michelin Pilot Super Sport - CS Boost Tubes - CS Fog, DRL and Interior LEDs - Horns - Grounds - 20% Tint -
someguy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2014, 03:59 PM   #8

gigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 25 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Enki View Post
Like so...Anyone else have suggestions before I start laying this framework out?
Is this specifically going to be for just tuning?

Or are you trying to convert MSF into a quick reference Wiki? (DP, Suspension, Intakes, etc.)
gigliotti175 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gigliotti175 For This Useful Post:
WetzMS3 (03-19-2014)
 Old 03-19-2014, 04:04 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The goal of this is to replace sticky threads, provide a permanent living place for hard information and leave discussions to the forums.
sidekick (03-19-2014), someguy (03-19-2014)
 Old 03-19-2014, 04:07 PM   #10

someguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's the key, living. The sticky's it's hard to tell if they're still relevant and not everyone can edit/update them. This way we have a place where the good content can continue to be updated as the platform advances. It's also a nice way of being able to search everything in a friendly format.
- CS Brake Pads - Michelin Pilot Super Sport - CS Boost Tubes - CS Fog, DRL and Interior LEDs - Horns - Grounds - 20% Tint -
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to someguy For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (03-19-2014), Enki (03-19-2014), WetzMS3 (03-19-2014)
 Old 03-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah 99% of the time, searching the forums for intakes/dp/etc gets you a mod list from someone's sig.
 Old 03-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #12

gigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the worldgigliotti175 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

The goal of this is to replace sticky threads, provide a permanent living place for hard information and leave discussions to the forums.
Would you like a "layout" for each "section" then? Or at least something to go off of?

Like I said, I will leave the tuning for the experts, but I can do a sample layout for the other stuff.
 Old 03-19-2014, 04:29 PM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

This is the format I'm running with right now; the goal being to keep data centralized and update main sections with minor subsections for each year; there's no point in having pages dedicated to say, setting boost levels when that can be explained all on one page.

Edit:
I'm saying the relevant pages will have information or at least link to sub pages with the relevant information for a particular model/year.
Attached Images
File Type: png wiki.png (10.4 KB, 22 views)
 Old 03-19-2014, 04:45 PM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

This is the format I'm running with right now; the goal being to keep data centralized and update main sections with minor subsections for each year; there's no point in having pages dedicated to say, setting boost levels when that can be explained all on one page.

Edit:
I'm saying the relevant pages will have information or at least link to sub pages with the relevant information for a particular model/year.
I see what you're getting at. I will start filling in what I can here in a couple hours. This should give you time to keep doing what you're doing.
 Old 03-19-2014, 04:51 PM   #15

mxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,004 Posts
Groans: 128
Groaned at 15 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think this should be a Vip perk to view
2014 06 ms6 gt3076 built bolted
2015 06 ms6 parted
2016 07 cosmic MS3

SOLDforged pistons/rods, bsd baffle, cs turbo, fmic, occ, spin on conv, catless long dp, e30, sri, cpe hpfp, rmm, ported im.
mxlplx71 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2014, 04:53 PM   #16

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mxlplx71 View Post
I think this should be a Vip perk to view
It's not tied to the permissions of the site...besides, this should draw more people in to MSF in the first place.
 Old 03-19-2014, 05:10 PM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The real detriment is that anyone will be able to get this information; they don't have to even have an account on MSF. Perhaps we should make it login based, and do admin-authed logins with a specific process tied to MSF with some kind of verification process...or somehow tie in MSF auth to the wiki.
@Haltech; how much information can a non MSF member (guests) get from the forums? Do they get access to all the stickies on learning to tune, intakes, and everything else?
 Old 03-19-2014, 05:39 PM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

The real detriment is that anyone will be able to get this information; they don't have to even have an account on MSF. Perhaps we should make it login based, and do admin-authed logins with a specific process tied to MSF with some kind of verification process...or somehow tie in MSF auth to the wiki.
@Haltech; how much information can a non MSF member (guests) get from the forums? Do they get access to all the stickies on learning to tune, intakes, and everything else?
Yes you can see all the stickies. Basically anything you can search with google right now using the site:mazdaspeedforums.org key is publicly accessible anyway unless Haltech setup a crawler account.

IMO I don't think the wiki should be hidden or restricted from viewing by the masses. At some point though I think we should close general account creation though so editing/creating/etc is restricted.
The Following User Says Thank You to someguy For This Useful Post:
Enki (03-19-2014)
 Old 03-19-2014, 05:56 PM   #19
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world
Thanked 41,995 Times in 8,188 Posts
Groans: 244
Groaned at 329 Times in 243 Posts

Im not about hiding this stuff.. Im pro GPL and i think this information should be shared. Honestly, your average guy will look at this and it will go way above his head. I was also under the impression their would be links to specifics on the forum anyhow.. People always have questions or are not clear about things.

Originally Posted by Mazda3Revolution
An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".
MSF -The HARDCORE Of Mazda High Performance Tech!
Flex Limited Ecoboost - Not Stock

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
Haltech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haltech For This Useful Post:
802MS3 (03-19-2014), someguy (03-19-2014)
 Old 03-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #20
rabble rabble

802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,935 Times in 2,083 Posts
Groans: 221
Groaned at 103 Times in 56 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This is very cool. Creative Commons license FTW.
 Old 03-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Haltech View Post
...I was also under the impression their would be links to specifics on the forum anyhow.. People always have questions or are not clear about things.
This^^
 Old 03-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #22

zenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,086 Times in 732 Posts
Groans: 57
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can we add on a suspension page, pretty please?
zenit is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2014, 07:26 PM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by zenit View Post
Can we add on a suspension page, pretty please?
Parts and Modification - Mazdaspeed Forums Mazdaspeed 3/6 Wikispeedia

Start filling it in, there are categories
 Old 03-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #24

zenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by someguy View Post
Thanks!

Will do tonight. Mentioning suspension folks to get things moving, mostly because I can't contribute much to the ms6 suspension area.

@Nliiitend1 @Tomas @phate @sac02 @Design @Bap @helmetface @Deldran @silvapain @Code Monkey @KevinK2 @Mattyhawk1 @Todd98SE @hnda etr @Neverlift
Mattyhawk1 likes this.

Last edited by zenit; 03-19-2014 at 07:39 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zenit For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (03-19-2014), Design (03-20-2014), Enki (03-19-2014), Mattyhawk1 (03-19-2014), Neverlift (03-20-2014), Nliiitend1 (03-20-2014)
 Old 03-19-2014, 10:09 PM   #25

Not Ranked  0 score     

*Phew*

Outlined most of the suspension pages.

Added some wheel information to the "Tire" page... I'm not sure what definitive, cite-able information we can add on to the "Tires" page. Wheels on the other hand...

@Mattyhawk1, if you have the time, these sections could your eye for formatting/layout.
The Following User Says Thank You to zenit For This Useful Post:
Enki (03-19-2014)
 Old 03-19-2014, 10:36 PM   #26

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'd break down the tires page based on user reviews of common (and currently available) tire compounds/sizes. The wheels page should be broken down based on model/year and go over what wheel AND tire sizes work with what offsets and suspension lowering rates (with a tie in to the suspension page, which should be broken down in a similar fashion and link back to the wheel page).
mxlplx71 (03-20-2014)
 Old 03-19-2014, 10:38 PM   #27

dale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,531 Times in 2,900 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I love the format so far.
BILSTEIN - H&R SPRINGS - 18x8.5 +48 ROTA SVN - 265/35R18 HTR ZIII
MINI H1 6.0 - CAR LED TAILS

SEE MORE USING !SHOUTTAG.COM - ENTER: !6SPEED6
dale_gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2014, 11:19 PM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

@zenit; is dumping data in pretty hardcore (which is awesome) but we need to figure out a better way to present that data...the current structure kills my eyes. Thoughts, @dale_gribble;?

Edit:
Just did some manual tables for one of the E85 relevant pages:
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/wiki...ends_by_Region

Could be better but MUCH nicer than it was, and easier to update.
 Old 03-19-2014, 11:25 PM   #29

Mattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

*Phew*

Outlined most of the suspension pages.

Added some wheel information to the "Tire" page... I'm not sure what definitive, cite-able information we can add on to the "Tires" page. Wheels on the other hand...

@Mattyhawk1, if you have the time, these sections could your eye for formatting/layout.
I'll take a look.

This is going to be awesome, but take a bit of time. Looking forward to the final product.

We need a section on brakes

EDIT: Never mind, I added it.

Last edited by Mattyhawk1; 03-19-2014 at 11:31 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Mattyhawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mattyhawk1 For This Useful Post:
Enki (03-19-2014)
 Old 03-19-2014, 11:43 PM   #30

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mattyhawk1 View Post
We need a section on brakes

EDIT: Never mind, I added it.
Nice being able to do that, isn't it?
Mattyhawk1 likes this.
 Old 03-20-2014, 12:08 AM   #31

Mattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

@zenit, the wheel section looks nice.
 Old 03-20-2014, 12:29 AM   #32
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world
Thanked 41,995 Times in 8,188 Posts
Groans: 244
Groaned at 329 Times in 243 Posts

Wow, good work. Like the tables james.

Ive been reading up on the image placement within the document and how to align text, caption etc.

Are we going to place them as its being written or go back and place them? These guys will have to get comfortable laying down some of the $variables and shit to place images, citations, etc.

Originally Posted by Mazda3Revolution
An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".
MSF -The HARDCORE Of Mazda High Performance Tech!
Flex Limited Ecoboost - Not Stock

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
Haltech is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-20-2014, 12:43 AM   #33

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Might be best if we set up templates and shit to make certain things easier; then others can simply look at a page that has a similar setup and copy that.
Mattyhawk1 likes this.
Haltech (03-20-2014), sidekick (03-20-2014)
 Old 03-20-2014, 06:06 AM   #34
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,010 Times in 2,809 Posts
Groans: 1,906
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattyhawk1 View Post
@zenit, the wheel section looks nice.
Agreed! I modified it slightly so that it's more accurate. Now it's "Wheels and Tires" and there's data on each of the models for OE tire sizes.

Edit:

Well, there was all that information. I'll have to see about digging it up again on my home computer. For some reason the page no longer shows that information. Did someone hide/delete it?

Re-Edit:

Nevermind, I managed to dig it up and save the info into the Wiki again.

Last edited by Vansquish; 03-20-2014 at 06:39 AM.
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-20-2014, 06:52 AM   #35

Erick13Speed3 is the leader of the worldErick13Speed3 is the leader of the worldErick13Speed3 is the leader of the worldErick13Speed3 is the leader of the worldErick13Speed3 is the leader of the worldErick13Speed3 is the leader of the worldErick13Speed3 is the leader of the worldErick13Speed3 is the leader of the worldErick13Speed3 is the leader of the worldErick13Speed3 is the leader of the worldErick13Speed3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

The page looks good so far you guys, keep it up. As far as the stage builds, how are you going about that? Like the first stage would be an Intake, CBE, AP and HPFP? Pertaining the fuel pumps, would you just be adding the different manufactures of the FP's like CS, autotech, kmd and listing prices and failure rates?

Edit: Failure rate not needed, autotechs sell the most and would most likely have the highest failure rate despite being used by most
Erick13Speed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-20-2014, 07:04 AM   #36

Not Ranked  0 score     

Something else that concerns me though, it may run into situations that Wikipedia ran into back in the day.

Since anyone can modify info (and you know this thing has the potential to get big) how is quality control going to be managed? What is going to keep someone from messing with established info on a page and/or accidentally deleting info? You could have administrators for each section who could make sure changes were acceptable before publishing content, but the work load and volunteer staff would be pretty high.
 Old 03-20-2014, 07:13 AM   #37

Not Ranked  0 score     

@zenit; is dumping data in pretty hardcore (which is awesome) but we need to figure out a better way to present that data...the current structure kills my eyes. Thoughts, @dale_gribble;?

Agreed. Last night was a bit of an information dump.

I'll definitely work on restructuring/moving things around, hopefully putting data in table format or on separate sub-pages.

I may move brakes up one level, as it's not really "suspension" per say, kind of like wheels & tires.

I'll be gone all day today- so maybe tomorrow.
 Old 03-20-2014, 07:21 AM   #38

Gr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,747 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 123 Times in 84 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I agree there should be some sort of oversight. But not only oversight in that someone is looking over it. The person looking over it should have some expertise/knowledge in that field. An example would be Enki policing an e85 fueling section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mattyhawk1 likes this.
Enki (03-20-2014)
 Old 03-20-2014, 09:14 AM   #39

Not Ranked  0 score     

I may move brakes up one level, as it's not really "suspension" per say, kind of like wheels & tires.

I'll be gone all day today- so maybe tomorrow.
Since you decided to flake on us today , I took care of it.
 Old 03-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #40

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I agree there should be some sort of oversight. But not only oversight in that someone is looking over it. The person looking over it should have some expertise/knowledge in that field. An example would be Enki policing an e85 fueling section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It helps that everything can (should) have references as well, though I do agree that someone at least knowledgeable (preferably a subject matter expert) should be in charge of editing their specific section.