register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
Mazdaspeed Forums Knowledge Base
>
MSF Wikispeedia
>
Wiki General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree7Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-20-2014, 09:42 AM   #41

Gr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,747 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 123 Times in 84 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Enki View Post
It helps that everything can (should) have references as well, though I do agree that someone at least knowledgeable (preferably a subject matter expert) should be in charge of editing their specific section.

And having one person in charge of each section would relieve the workload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 Old 03-20-2014, 12:12 PM   #42

Gr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Enki; If you want I could get started on the build paths. I think that section should be split into two sections: Power and Handling. Or should things like RSB, Motor Mounts, etc. just be left out? Or possibly added in with notation that they are optional?

You will have your typical build path of Intake, TIP, HPFP, AP, TP/DP, IC. But there are also some others that could be added as suggestions. Also, I think it would be worthwhile to include information on available parts and link to respective reviews of said parts.
Enki (03-20-2014)
 Old 03-20-2014, 01:31 PM   #43
Eth Fiend

phate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,714 Times in 5,870 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Once you guys have the structure finished, I'll start adding. I feel it's a bit premature right now.

www.mazdamotorsports.com <<--Mazda racer support program that is free to join and will save you a ton of money.
phate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phate For This Useful Post:
Enki (03-20-2014), Neverlift (03-20-2014), Nliiitend1 (03-20-2014)
 Old 03-20-2014, 02:27 PM   #44

Enki has disabled reputation
Thanked 19,288 Times in 4,841 Posts
Groans: 189
Groaned at 40 Times in 36 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Gr8Speed View Post
@Enki; If you want I could get started on the build paths. I think that section should be split into two sections: Power and Handling. Or should things like RSB, Motor Mounts, etc. just be left out? Or possibly added in with notation that they are optional?

You will have your typical build path of Intake, TIP, HPFP, AP, TP/DP, IC. But there are also some others that could be added as suggestions. Also, I think it would be worthwhile to include information on available parts and link to respective reviews of said parts.
There should be a list of mods every car should have regardless of goals like intake, rear motor mount, hpfp internals, AP/Tune, etc and then we can go to optional power/suspension mods like downpipe, catback, side/trans mounts, etc. This can be all on the same page with variations for the model years; I.E. Pu TMIC are pretty damn good I hear, and HPFP internals should be one of the first mods done, whereas this isn't as stringent a requirement on a Won, and Sixes have more mounts required. Stuff like that.
ItsNox (04-01-2014)
 Old 03-20-2014, 02:30 PM   #45

Neverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,371 Times in 2,495 Posts
Groans: 1,143
Groaned at 206 Times in 144 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have some info I could fill in for the MS6... I guess I should create an account.
'06 MS6: COBB SRI/TIP//18x8 Enkei Imola//TooLateTuning Springs//SPC Balljoints//JBR RMM//Techna-Fit SS Clutch line
Bimmer Challenge & Global Time Attack Project
'99 BMW 328is: KW Variant3 w/ Vorshlag plates//AKG M3 Adj. Endlinks w/ 95 M3 FSB//18x9.5 +35 Advanti Optimo w/ 245/35 Hankook Z214 (C51)//E46 330i Front w/ Hawk DTC60 & E46 328i Rear w/ Hawk DTC50 & Hard Motorsport Ducting//Turner CTSCC Camber Arms//SLR Adjustable Lollipops//3 clutch 3.73 LSD//Welded 4 Point Gusseted X Brace Rollbar + Harness Bar//Sparco Ergo II w/ 6 point Schroth Clubman//Garagistic Delrin Motor & Trans Mounts, Rear Subframe, & Differential Bushings//OEM M3 Rear Subframe Reinforcement & Rear Trailing Arm Pocket Reinforcement//Z3 Steering Rack & Garagistic DSSR SSK//UUC Stage 2 Flywheel & M5 Clutch//S52 Camshafts w/ 7100 redline//M50 Intake Manifold//S50 Oilpan w/ VAC Baffle & Oil Filter Housing//CSF Radiator & Expansion Tank w/ Spal fan//3.5" MAF & Dinan CAI//#24 lb Injectors//VAC Fuel Starvation Kit//Active Autowerke GenII Header-back//OBD1 M52B28 w/ 230+whp
Neverlift is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Neverlift For This Useful Post:
Enki (03-20-2014)
 Old 03-20-2014, 02:37 PM   #46

Not Ranked  0 score     

There should be a list of mods every car should have regardless of goals like intake, rear motor mount, hpfp internals, AP/Tune, etc and then we can go to optional power/suspension mods like downpipe, catback, side/trans mounts, etc. This can be all on the same page with variations for the model years; I.E. Pu TMIC are pretty damn good I hear, and HPFP internals should be one of the first mods done, whereas this isn't as stringent a requirement on a Won, and Sixes have more mounts required. Stuff like that.
Alright. I started and got like 1 sentence done and had something come up. I'll get a start on it this weekend.
Enki (03-20-2014)
 Old 03-21-2014, 08:45 AM   #47
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,951 Times in 2,762 Posts
Groans: 1,896
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

Alright. I started and got like 1 sentence done and had something come up. I'll get a start on it this weekend.
I tweaked your wording a bit. I'm a little concerned about having a bunch of canned advertising material on the Wiki. It makes the whole thing seem a lot less neutral. If you're dead-set on it, we can leave it though.

The mod path page is a perfectly reasonable way to go, but perhaps the information that's there so far really belongs in the intake page, no?

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-21-2014, 08:47 AM   #48

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
I tweaked your wording a bit. I'm a little concerned about having a bunch of canned advertising material on the Wiki. It makes the whole thing seem a lot less neutral. If you're dead-set on it, we can leave it though.

The mod path page is a perfectly reasonable way to go, but perhaps the information that's there so far really belongs in the intake page, no?

That's true. Maybe I should leave out the options on the market and just go over what the mod does, and some options as far as specs (ex. 3" and 3.5" intake)

Old 03-21-2014, 08:59 AM   #49
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world

That's true. Maybe I should leave out the options on the market and just go over what the mod does, and some options as far as specs (ex. 3" and 3.5" intake)

I think it's perfectly reasonable to have the options out there, but the information should probably get ported over to the "Intakes" page. I've added a bunch (I'm bored at work). Take a look and see what you think thus far.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:01 AM   #50

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
I think it's perfectly reasonable to have the options out there, but the information should probably get ported over to the "Intakes" page. I've added a bunch (I'm bored at work). Take a look and see what you think thus far.

I'm liking it so far. I agree though that that info should get moved to the intakes page. Leave this for a description of each mod.

Vansquish (03-21-2014)
 Old 03-21-2014, 09:09 AM   #51
Police - Grammarhead

SURE thing...har har. I'll port it over and leave some intro material.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vansquish For This Useful Post:
Gr8Speed (03-21-2014)
 Old 03-21-2014, 10:08 AM   #52

Not Ranked  0 score     

Added a bunch to the build path section. What am I forgetting?
 Old 03-24-2014, 04:34 PM   #53

sidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,356 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 72 Times in 45 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Is it possible to show the content links on the main page under the section title? Rather than clicking "The Cars" and then getting that list up at the top. Maybe make it hidden by default with an expand button. Like this:

The Cars

Contents [+]
The Cars

Contents [hide]
1 The Five Mazdaspeeds
1.1 Protege
1.2 Miata
1.3 First Generation MZR DISI
1.4 Second Generation MZR DISI

FreekTune | 91 | JBR 3", PMM & RMM | CS Racepipe, TMIC & TMM Inserts | Autotechs

sidekick is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-24-2014, 05:15 PM   #54

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Probably, but you might have to look it up in the cheat sheet.
 Old 03-27-2014, 06:45 AM   #55
Police - Grammarhead

Have you guys noticed that under "recent changes" we're getting a ludicrous number of spam-bots?

Old 03-27-2014, 09:34 AM   #56

someguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the world
Groans: 24
Groaned at 166 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Haltech;

Ya, serious spammer problem...creating pages all over.
- CS Brake Pads - Michelin Pilot Super Sport - CS Boost Tubes - CS Fog, DRL and Interior LEDs - Horns - Grounds - 20% Tint -
someguy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #57
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world
Thanked 41,993 Times in 8,187 Posts
Groans: 244
Groaned at 329 Times in 243 Posts

I disabled new accounts. I saw it happen yest. Had over 1500 email for account confirmation stuck in the email que. Thats when i put two and two together.

We can copy what we need and wipe it out, then start over or edit what was done.
I had no idea this shit would become an invasion for them.

Originally Posted by Mazda3Revolution
An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".
MSF -The HARDCORE Of Mazda High Performance Tech!
Flex Limited Ecoboost - Not Stock

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
Haltech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Haltech For This Useful Post:
Enki (03-27-2014), sidekick (03-27-2014), someguy (03-27-2014)
 Old 03-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #58

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll take a full text source backup of what we have now a bit later today and let you know so you can wipe it out, Hal.
 Old 03-27-2014, 07:02 PM   #59

sidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn lol why would spam bots even attack a random wiki?

FreekTune | 91 | JBR 3", PMM & RMM | CS Racepipe, TMIC & TMM Inserts | Autotechs

Old 03-27-2014, 07:13 PM   #60

dale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,528 Times in 2,900 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think bots are pretty much going after anything all the time. Just IP/port scanning and looking for opportunities anywhere.
BILSTEIN - H&R SPRINGS - 18x8.5 +48 ROTA SVN - 265/35R18 HTR ZIII
MINI H1 6.0 - CAR LED TAILS

SEE MORE USING !SHOUTTAG.COM - ENTER: !6SPEED6
dale_gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-28-2014, 10:25 PM   #61

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

OK CUNTS

Wiki is back up and cleaned up/restored. I've not restored the pages which only had 1-2 words and I've also not restored the pages "tires" and "struts" since they appeared to be orphaned (I have manual backups though).

PM me for user account creation; ONLY FOR PEOPLE THAT WILL ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTE!

If you only want an account to fuck around with the wiki, this is NOT FOR YOU!
someguy (03-29-2014)
 Old 04-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #62

Not Ranked  0 score     

Apparently wikispeedia is already used as a name for other shit, not that it really matters.
https://www.google.com/search?q=wikispeedia

Also, @Haltech;, can you add a link to wikispeedia somewhere on the main forum page?

The Following User Says Thank You to sidekick For This Useful Post:
dale_gribble (04-01-2014)
 Old 04-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #63

Not Ranked  0 score     

@Haltech; @Enki;

Can you possibly add this extension so that we can use collapsible lists?

Module:Collapsible_list Module:Collapsible_list

Enki (04-01-2014)
 Old 04-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #64
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world
Thanked 41,993 Times in 8,187 Posts
Groans: 244
Groaned at 329 Times in 243 Posts

ill see what i can do with the module. It requires a template modification it looks like and ill have to hunt down some documentation on installation. Some of it is very vague.
sidekick likes this.

Originally Posted by Mazda3Revolution
An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".
MSF -The HARDCORE Of Mazda High Performance Tech!
Flex Limited Ecoboost - Not Stock

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
Haltech is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-02-2014, 11:08 AM   #65

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Lemme know if you run into issues, Hal; I can help get it figured out.
sidekick likes this.
 Old 04-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #66

Not Ranked  0 score     

It's not really a big deal, I just think it will make navigation a little easier. If someone is looking for a specific page, they can just get straight there from the main page.

Last edited by sidekick; 04-02-2014 at 01:48 PM.
 Old 04-13-2014, 03:20 PM   #67

Not Ranked  0 score     

@Haltech; @Enki;

Were you able to get that module setup?

Old 04-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #68

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't have direct access to the source. I'm just a wiki admin until everything is updated/running how it should be and then I'm getting removed as admin.

Truth is we need more people entering data...been almost two weeks since anyone's done anything.
sidekick likes this.

Last edited by Enki; 04-13-2014 at 03:25 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Enki is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-23-2014, 08:05 AM   #69

Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't have direct access to the source. I'm just a wiki admin until everything is updated/running how it should be and then I'm getting removed as admin.

Truth is we need more people entering data...been almost two weeks since anyone's done anything.
I've been pretty busy with work/school lately, but I will try to get some info added on my days off. I don't want this to die, because it's already come in handy for me personally. I searched for something on google and the wiki popped up with an answer. Lol.

Enki (04-23-2014)
 Old 04-23-2014, 09:46 AM   #70

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm personally working on what I guess would be Albior's V2... Hopefully I'll get some time today to start putting in the first section or even further.
86AmishMs3 (04-28-2014), WetzMS3 (04-23-2014)
 Old 10-04-2014, 01:50 PM   #71

Bords is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Im a newby

I'm 73. I've had British sports cars all my life: MG's, Triumphs, and A-Hs. I'm thinking of buying a 2008 MazdaSpeed3. I was blown away by the quickness and handling of the car on my test drive. Is there a place on this forum where I can read an introduction to this car? What is the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2?
Bords is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-06-2014, 07:12 AM   #72

Mattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bords View Post
I'm 73. I've had British sports cars all my life: MG's, Triumphs, and A-Hs. I'm thinking of buying a 2008 MazdaSpeed3. I was blown away by the quickness and handling of the car on my test drive. Is there a place on this forum where I can read an introduction to this car? What is the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2?
Hi Bords

You want to start here:

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...st-read-99499/
Mattyhawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote