register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Approved Vendors >
Mazda Performance Parts & Modifications Vendor Area
> TCE Performance

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree7Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-17-2014, 05:43 PM   #41
Approved MSF Vendor

Todd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok, thanks for sharing.

Been nice if they were made to actually fit the pads...

* Corvette * Lightning * Impala SS * Focus ST * Marauder * 350/370Z * MINI * Challenger * WRX *Super Duty * SHO * Mustang *...and more!
Todd@TCE is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-17-2014, 05:52 PM   #42
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Thanked 26,388 Times in 7,871 Posts
Groans: 793
Groaned at 496 Times in 321 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

calipers or disks?

Inb4 85% silicone core. It's better than aluminum.
What's you buddy's ex wife trap?
I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-17-2014, 06:27 PM   #43
Approved MSF Vendor

Todd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
calipers or disks?
Simply saying the disc specs are obviously not correct for the pads. Maybe a fluke as a test set and it's corrected. If I were making 2pc hats and rotors I'd want them correct and prefer any promotional ones look correct as well.

Not really my concern... just commenting as you sent the images.

* Corvette * Lightning * Impala SS * Focus ST * Marauder * 350/370Z * MINI * Challenger * WRX *Super Duty * SHO * Mustang *...and more!
 Old 09-19-2014, 04:00 PM   #44
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

And there's the occasional other problem with these rotors. (this just in today)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RB failure.jpg (85.9 KB, 79 views)

Old 09-20-2014, 06:56 AM   #45
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Todd@TCE View Post
Simply saying the disc specs are obviously not correct for the pads. Maybe a fluke as a test set and it's corrected. If I were making 2pc hats and rotors I'd want them correct and prefer any promotional ones look correct as well.

Not really my concern... just commenting as you sent the images.
Which disks? There are many referenced in that thread.

I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
 Old 09-20-2014, 08:18 AM   #46
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Which disks? There are many referenced in that thread.
The ones the pads don't fit.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:36 AM   #47
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

So the ones the pads don't fit are the ones the pads don't fit. Thanks for the heads up.
I don't see you being around here for very long.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
 Old 09-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #48
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So the ones the pads don't fit are the ones the pads don't fit. Thanks for the heads up.
I don't see you being around here for very long.

Yup, the ones the pads don't fit are the ones the pads don't fit. You heard it hear. Twice now. And still can't figure it out. Looking back it was mentioned in that thread. You should read it sometime.

I truly have no idea what your question was from the start. Looking back: there was no question. Just a funky link to click on. It has nothing to do with TCE, Wilwood, or any of the products we offer.

Sorry man...but thanks for bumping the thread. Unless you have a real and specific question; move along please.

Old 09-20-2014, 03:56 PM   #49
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

I've read the whole thread, and was mentioned in the OP because my opinions are respected and my knowledge of the platform is deep.
What do you actually know about the platform?
How many Wilwood kits have you sold?

My guesses are little, and none.
I can see it being YOU that moves along, and I'll be here long after that.
You have very little chance of survival here.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals

Last edited by Tokay444; 09-20-2014 at 08:20 PM.
 Old 09-21-2014, 08:50 AM   #50
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default UPdates

Sigh...one on every forum.

Moving on. I'm sorry for the side track of pointless babble here. From my side as well. Let's get back to the issue of Mazda 3 brakes.

Currently with the Wilwood fronts in order and the TCE fronts in process I've turned my attention more to the rear. On both the 3 and the 6. Given the front kit size options and models I felt the final rear plan should be the same.

The former produced 12" 2pc hat and rotor will be the Plus 1 of the listings. Simple and effective it will retain the factory caliper. Part of the problem with going larger is that we don't have enough cable for the parking brake. This package has been proven to fit using the stock cable.

As shown previously:

The alternative to this will be a 13" Plus 2 rear kit with the Wilwood combo parking brake caliper. The 13 will be a vented rotor, unlike the solid (necessary) rotor of the above kit. Ideally this larger kit should only be paired with the 14" front kit for proper brake balance. The added width of the rotor offering a full center vented design, the Wilwood combo caliper allowing for complete component matching- think matching powder coated calipers so many folks are looking for. Being radial mount however and including the calipers, pads and custom brackets this kit will cost significantly more money.

Rear kit "rendering" based upon the same components as the 13" ST kit:

Behind the scenes I've stewed over a few options on these kit and the design to them. I believe we've settled on matching parts for the kits and a reasonable method of making the kits look killer together. Do you really 'need' a 14/13" kit on your 3 (or 6)? That's not my decision. I don't make point of telling folks what they should or should not buy. I will however offer you fair and honest opinions to the pros and cons of each. Each owner chooses what they want not what someone else says they should have, or the highest price. It's worked well for many years and I'm sure it will on these cars as well.

If anyone has specific questions about Wilwood or TCE product please ask. Other kit, product, vendor questions I'm not up to commenting on.

Old 09-21-2014, 02:14 PM   #51
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

Again, we don't drive Mazda 3's.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
 Old 09-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #52
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Again, we don't drive Mazda 3's.
The spindles mounting- are all the same.
The stock calipers- are all the same.
The master cylinders- are all the same.

The only changes to the brakes are the rotors and caliper carriers to accommodate the larger radius. A 3 owner can fit the S3 parts to their car as well.

This has been covered in detail a number of times. (and HERE)

So while yes the badging is not the same the platform is. It's like saying a Focus ST is not a Focus. A Shelby GT500 is not a Mustang. A 350Z is not a G35 etc. A Speed 3 car is a trim level or optioned model, however you wish to look at it.

I have no interest in the engine, trans, suspension etc. None of that effects the fit of the brakes. But in the future I'll gladly refer to the car as an S3 and sell kits are "fits both 3 and S3 models".

The Following User Says NO Thank You to Todd@TCE For This Un-useful Post:
Tokay444 (09-21-2014)
 Old 09-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #53
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

The stock calipers are NOT THE SAME.

The calipers are shared across many vehicle platforms, so why don't we fucking talk about Volkswagen Passat brakes?
This is mazdaSPEED forums.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
The Following User Says Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (09-21-2014)
 Old 09-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #54
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Pad plate D1044

Calipers common in fact to the Focus and other Fords.

I'll give you some latitude here. You want to ask a reasonable question and be specific I'll try to help. You want to stir the pot I'll delete your posts from here forward. Your call.

The Following User Says NO Thank You to Todd@TCE For This Un-useful Post:
Tokay444 (09-21-2014)
 Old 09-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #55

Yatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,278 Times in 645 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Next you will tell me that the Lancer EVO is just a Lancer.
mods: \\// AT HPFP // AccessPort // CS S2 TIP, SRI and TMIC // CPe S2 RMM // Synapse BPV // Mazda gutted secondary cat // S-OTS+ 91S2 // HKS TP DLi II // Wilwood DP6 13” brakes // TCE 2 piece rear rotors // Maxwell SuperCap/LiFePO4 cell \\//

waiting for install: \\// CPE Catted DP // CS Battery Box // Devils Own Meth kit // H&R Coilovers \\//
Yatta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yatta For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (09-21-2014), Tokay444 (09-21-2014)
 Old 09-21-2014, 02:54 PM   #56
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

You're clearly showing your ignorance on the subject of our vehicles, and these people don't buy things from people who don't have a clue about their needs.

Cross reference the caliper part numbers from an MZ3 and an MS3 BEFORE your next post.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals

Last edited by Tokay444; 09-21-2014 at 02:54 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 09-21-2014, 03:28 PM   #57
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

Pad plate D1044

Calipers common in fact to the Focus and other Fords.

I'll give you some latitude here. You want to ask a reasonable question and be specific I'll try to help. You want to stir the pot I'll delete your posts from here forward. Your call.
Deleted posts are frowned upon by the forum.
Again, the calipers are not the same stock for stock.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
 Old 09-21-2014, 03:31 PM   #58
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

As I said the piston area is the same 57mm bore on both. The pads are the same on both. (omitting alternate uses and compounds) The mounting is the same. The mc bore is the same. From a functionality standpoint that's what matters for anyone looking to proper afix new parts. In the case of a BBK; all that stock stuff goes away- you know that already.

Why not clearly 'market it' to a SPEED3 owner/buyer??

1. It's not necessary. I have confidence any owner fully understands what they drive- As you state. Maybe I'm giving folks more credit than you think.

2. Many non S3 owners look here for ideas, you being the trend setters and cars perhaps they wanted and did not buy. Would it not be wrong to alienate them into thinking such cool options for brakes would not fit their car because it's "just a 3"? Of course not they know you have a sport model too.

3. Because you the S3 owner represent the more common "mod" buyer than selling to the base 3 owner directly. (of which I have and have years ago)

4. I"m clearly not the only one to offer you the factory Wilwood kits. Any dealer can. And I don't think they'll market the kits as S3 only applications. Clearly nobody selling Corvette kits specifies the Z06 as a model specific vehicle. I don't see that happening here either. Any dealer will rightly look to reach the widest market.

CROSS FIT- it's a beautiful thing.

I'm not a Mazda expert. A "Speed" expert. I don't need to be either to be verse in speaking brakes. That's what folks buy from me for; brake knowledge (and price). Servicing over 20 platforms...of course that's not a realistic expectation. People want to buy from a shop that understand what works and why. Understands cause and effect of installations. How to tune, balance and improve the car to their needs. All of which I do, everyday.

Lancer vs Ev0? Might be surprised to find some of that is Chrysler based and shared with a variety of platforms.

Standouts in this analogy tho: *not worth the details but you get the idea.
Subaru. A WRX and an STi are not the same.
Charger. An RT and SRT are not the same.

Old 09-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #59
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

Good luck on the forum.
I'm out.
This guy is completely lost.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
KusteLokal (09-21-2014)
 Old 09-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #60
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Duly noted.
Thanks for your input.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:49 AM   #61
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Need something with a bit more 'pop' to it than basic black or red?

The TCE/Wilwood 14" (possibly 13" as well) can be had with custom finishes like this.

And with the introduction of the rear parking brake caliper kit we can tie it all in for a fully balanced and visually appealing package.

Forgot to mention; at no extra cost.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Red on Silver.jpg (45.9 KB, 28 views)

Old 09-23-2014, 01:18 PM   #62
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The abusive Streets of Willow Springs running a 13" DP6 kit. Without issue for hours.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Todd@TCE For This Useful Post:
impossible (05-25-2016), maisonvi (09-23-2014)
 Old 09-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #63
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Working on rear kit options today. Should have some parts in hand test fitting next week.

Four wheel Mazda 3, and Speed3, options are close at hand.

Any track only interest out there?

Old 10-01-2014, 06:17 PM   #64
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

A couple of you are still waiting on the 14" FNSL6 kits...and they are not far off.

But in the interim, and for those not looking to spend as much money keep in mind the 13" DP6 TCE 4X Kit is available with all four ss hoses right now. And for a very attractive price; under $1100. That's "to the door" (Cont.US)

Also, the rear 12" matching rotor kit took a bump in the timeline today as the rear trailing arm is here. Not wanting to rely on 10yr old notes it looked a safer bet to have the entire corner here! Brackets in hand, hub spacer in the works, hat and rotor coming in...should have things dialed in for the rear soon as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Todd@TCE For This Useful Post:
maisonvi (10-01-2014)
 Old 10-07-2014, 06:49 AM   #65
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The 14" FNSL6 front kit is on it's way as of yesterday!

This new kit is sure to "exceed the need" while providing all the stellar looks anyone would want in a true big brake kit.

Next up; Matching rear rotor kit.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #66
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wrapped up test fits and all for the 12.2" rear today.

With test fits complete a bracket run is on the agenda. Should have parts ready for delivery within 7-10 days. *Anodizing etc can be a slow down.

You'll note we are supplying a hub spacer as well. This part is used to replace the thickness of the removed dust plate. No trimming required here, just remove the bearing, the dust plate, insert spacer and refit bearing.

Final pricing shortly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010075.jpg (47.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg P1010076.jpg (33.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg P1010077.jpg (31.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg P1010078.jpg (35.6 KB, 29 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Todd@TCE For This Useful Post:
daafisch (12-15-2014), maisonvi (10-20-2014), Mauro_Penguin (11-24-2014), Raider (10-27-2014)
 Old 10-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #67
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Been out of the country for a bit and returned to find some very cool hi-res pics in my email. Fine art work perhaps showcasing the super sexy and very affordable Wilwood 13" DP6 kit for the Mazda 3. (Great work! Both the brakes and the pics)

Hey; for about a grand you can be sharing the same satisfaction shown here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg insignia 26-10-2014-6.jpg (1.04 MB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg insignia 26-10-2014-7.jpg (1.03 MB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg insignia 26-10-2014-30.jpg (969.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg insignia 26-10-2014-70.jpg (761.9 KB, 43 views)
alextheguineapig likes this.

impossible (05-25-2016), Mauro_Penguin (11-24-2014)
 Old 11-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #68
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Rear Rotor Kit brackets are back from anodizing finally.

Add some rear brakes with that 14" front kit and really ramp up the performance and value of your braking demands.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rear Brackets.jpg (28.2 KB, 25 views)

impossible (05-25-2016), Mauro_Penguin (11-24-2014)
 Old 11-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #69
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Finished rear kits are available now with a matching gas slot pattern to pair with the 13 and 14" front kits! Going yet one step farther these discs are also zinc plated to reduce rust and to keep the unswept pad area from detracting from the overall appearance.

Each rear kit includes; 12.2 solid discs, matching Wilwood rotor hats, caliper relocation brackets, stainless steel flex hose kit, hub spacers and all necessary mounting hardware.

A package offering both form and function. And at a reasonable cost.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010110.jpg (44.9 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by Todd@TCE; 11-21-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Mauro_Penguin (11-24-2014)
 Old 12-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #70
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looking to make a more complete 'holiday' package?

I'll toss in 3 bottles of Wilwood 570 with each front kit purchase.

570 is a great track proven, yet streetable, low viscosity fluid with a Dry boiling point of 573F. Yet unlike many all out race fluids (such as EXP 626) it remains stable for a longer pot life when used as a daily fluid. Sealed 12oz bottles will keep for a year if unopened.

Grab some Big Brakes, get some quality fluid and get to work!

Old 12-15-2014, 06:21 AM   #71
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Still time to pick up the included 3 bottles of Wilwood 570 fluid with the purchase of your Front Big Brake Kit- and get it in time for Christmas! Orders in to TCE the next few days should make holiday delivery...wait too long and you'll miss out on both the fluid and the great sight of red calipers under your green tree!

Old 12-30-2014, 09:21 AM   #72
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Recently asked if I offered replacement oe spec, 2pc hats and rotors. The answer for now is 'no'. Be happy to do so if someone really wants them. However... the cost factor is a big question mark for most. Without digging real deep into the specs and options for doing this the cost of a pair would run you $600+ making them only a few bucks short of a complete, and larger full kit. Not a question of if I can but what's the value of them?

Old 01-06-2015, 11:34 AM   #73
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Special order Thermlock equipped 13" FNSL6 kit on the way after some holiday delays...If you have things coming from me or Wilwood directly please be patient...like a lot of folks there's the whole "catch up" mentality going on.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:42 AM   #74
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Been out of touch a bit. Working Barrett-Jackson all week.

Anyone in the area stop by the Ford Ride/Drive and say hello.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:36 AM   #75

maisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,968 Times in 1,844 Posts
Groans: 75
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What is the cost of replacement rotors in this kit?
maisonvi is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-19-2015, 08:15 AM   #76
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by maisonvi View Post
What is the cost of replacement rotors in this kit?

Depending upon size; 13 or 14".... $188ea or $249ea (slotted) for the TCE parts.

The Wilwood factory kit 13s a few bucks less.

I think that's pretty much in line with the industry.

maisonvi (01-19-2015)
 Old 01-22-2015, 07:11 AM   #77
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Not everyone's cup of tea but custom finished Blue seems to be a bit of a hit lately on a number of my Wilwood orders. Can be had on both the Factory Wilwood kits as well as the TCE/Wilwood options. For no additional charge, just a few weeks lead time.

*Shown here: our Caliper Kits (front and rear) for the Charger RT using larger SRT8 rotors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image3.JPG (1.30 MB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg image4.JPG (1.79 MB, 19 views)

Old 01-27-2015, 05:18 PM   #78
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got a sneak peek at some new things coming on all Wilwood DP6 kits- an updated Forged Body for more heavy duty use.

While the current DP6 has proven extremely effective for street and light track day use the new model will improve caliper bridge stiffness greatly. AND off single nipple bleeding rather than dealing with both sides of the caliper. (a take off on the new Aero series model)

That places the new DP6 as the fault caliper in many Wilwood and TCE model kits. And the new forged body a step up like our FNSL6 set ups offered on 14" rotor.

The better news: no price increases. You can still get a full on 13" front brake kit for your car for under $1100 with our rear ss flex hoses. To your door. Mazda 3 and S3

Pic as soon as I have it cleared to release.

Last edited by Todd@TCE; 01-27-2015 at 05:34 PM.
maisonvi (01-28-2015)
 Old 01-28-2015, 04:59 AM   #79

maisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,968 Times in 1,844 Posts
Groans: 75
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got a sneak peek at some new things coming on all Wilwood DP6 kits- an updated Forged Body for more heavy duty use.

While the current DP6 has proven extremely effective for street and light track day use the new model will improve caliper bridge stiffness greatly. AND off single nipple bleeding rather than dealing with both sides of the caliper. (a take off on the new Aero series model)

That places the new DP6 as the fault caliper in many Wilwood and TCE model kits. And the new forged body a step up like our FNSL6 set ups offered on 14" rotor.

The better news: no price increases. You can still get a full on 13" front brake kit for your car for under $1100 with our rear ss flex hoses. To your door. Mazda 3 and S3

Pic as soon as I have it cleared to release.
This is good news, Im almost to the point to order up a set of these brakes. I only do a few HPDEs a year and hopefully a few autoX this year, but I plan to run a track pad and a daily pad. What 2 pad compounds would you recommend for DD (currently running EBC yellows and like them quite a bit) and then something that is very track oriented.
maisonvi is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-28-2015, 06:48 AM   #80
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by maisonvi View Post
This is good news, Im almost to the point to order up a set of these brakes. I only do a few HPDEs a year and hopefully a few autoX this year, but I plan to run a track pad and a daily pad. What 2 pad compounds would you recommend for DD (currently running EBC yellows and like them quite a bit) and then something that is very track oriented.

The base set of pads on all Wilwood and TCE kits is their BP10s. Nothing overly exciting or special. I'd rate them a good copy of Hawk HPS.

For track day use I'd start out with their Poly B compound. Not the highest Cf available but easy on rotors (on track, not on the street) and reasonable costs. I've found it also well balanced for most street enthusiast track needs when running an all around tire. On the other hand if you show up with dedicated race rubber and wheels you'd do better on the H compound as the tire can exploit that grip. (but then maybe you'd do better on a 14" FNSL6 kit too....)

People need to be honest and realistic about their "track day" and expectations for a lot of parts. In the brake world you can over brake a modest tire with too much pad and make modulation more difficult. Or start out (for the newbie) with too much and learn to over slow a car not helping them become better pilots either.