register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Approved Vendors >
Mazda Performance Parts & Modifications Vendor Area
> TCE Performance

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree7Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-28-2015, 08:16 AM   #81
Approved MSF Vendor

Todd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here ya go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Forged_Dynapro_6A_Lug_Mount_Red-lg.jpg (108.0 KB, 24 views)

* Corvette * Lightning * Impala SS * Focus ST * Marauder * 350/370Z * MINI * Challenger * WRX *Super Duty * SHO * Mustang *...and more!
Todd@TCE is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-28-2015, 10:29 AM   #82

maisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,968 Times in 1,844 Posts
Groans: 75
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Todd@TCE View Post
The base set of pads on all Wilwood and TCE kits is their BP10s. Nothing overly exciting or special. I'd rate them a good copy of Hawk HPS.

For track day use I'd start out with their Poly B compound. Not the highest Cf available but easy on rotors (on track, not on the street) and reasonable costs. I've found it also well balanced for most street enthusiast track needs when running an all around tire. On the other hand if you show up with dedicated race rubber and wheels you'd do better on the H compound as the tire can exploit that grip. (but then maybe you'd do better on a 14" FNSL6 kit too....)

People need to be honest and realistic about their "track day" and expectations for a lot of parts. In the brake world you can over brake a modest tire with too much pad and make modulation more difficult. Or start out (for the newbie) with too much and learn to over slow a car not helping them become better pilots either.

I do have a set of dedicated track tires with Kuhmo XS on them now, but thinking I will make the jump to R comps next time I need new tires. I cant go up to the 14" because they are 17" rims I run. My car is a "daily driver" but I do push it hard at the track.

With full interior and 400hp (running less currently at the track until I learn to handle more power better) the stock brakes arent cutting it. I put myself somewhere in btween the guy who takes his car to track days, and a guy who has a dedicated track car. Dont know if that helps with pad recommends or not..

Also, with this new design, how difficult will pads be to change? Looks like the spring clip isnt there to just take the pads out the top.
maisonvi is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-28-2015, 11:04 AM   #83
Approved MSF Vendor

Todd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The B pads are a proven pad for the more entry level needs is all. The H pad can over power the tire on some applications, but if you feel the tires are up to the task pass go and move to H compound.

Good eye, you are correct; the pad clip is on the opposite side and will now require the caliper be unbolted from the bracket to load and unload pads. While that probably would not have been my first choice it's not a big deal for street enthusiasts. For track day guys it means a bit more work.

As a compromise there's the TCE 13" kit with the FNSL6 which "could" be altered to run 14s some day in the future. But the cost is higher. In part due to the caliper cost, the bracket cost (a lot more) and the competing with your own supplier line which never quite works out in my favor...

* Corvette * Lightning * Impala SS * Focus ST * Marauder * 350/370Z * MINI * Challenger * WRX *Super Duty * SHO * Mustang *...and more!
 Old 01-28-2015, 12:15 PM   #84

maisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

The B pads are a proven pad for the more entry level needs is all. The H pad can over power the tire on some applications, but if you feel the tires are up to the task pass go and move to H compound.

Good eye, you are correct; the pad clip is on the opposite side and will now require the caliper be unbolted from the bracket to load and unload pads. While that probably would not have been my first choice it's not a big deal for street enthusiasts. For track day guys it means a bit more work.

As a compromise there's the TCE 13" kit with the FNSL6 which "could" be altered to run 14s some day in the future. But the cost is higher. In part due to the caliper cost, the bracket cost (a lot more) and the competing with your own supplier line which never quite works out in my favor...
I think the 13" kit will suffice for 20 min sessions. Sucks about the removing the caliper to swap pads though. That was a selling point for me on them. Would the screwed in pin on the fnsl6 be easier to remove?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
 Old 01-28-2015, 12:57 PM   #85
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes the removable bridge bolt is the better choice for pad changes. But the lack of it effects body stiffness also. It's a love/hate thing. The FNSL6 also has 17mm thick pads with more total cubic inches than the DP's 12mm pads.

There are some clip only DP6 calipers still in stock at Wilwood if you prefer to go that way.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:02 PM   #86

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes the removable bridge bolt is the better choice for pad changes. But the lack of it effects body stiffness also. It's a love/hate thing. The FNSL6 also has 17mm thick pads with more total cubic inches than the DP's 12mm pads.

There are some clip only DP6 calipers still in stock at Wilwood if you prefer to go that way.
I will PM you to talk prices about the different kits with these changes.
 Old 02-05-2015, 06:19 AM   #87
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Spread the word: got a cool old F100 project you or a friend is working on? A common swap for these old trucks is late model Crown Vic front sub frames, suspension and engines. (as seen on Gas Monkey and others) While such things are very cool there were limited brake options. We've addressed that and now offer both 14 and 15" front kits for you restomod truck!

Street, strip, track, custom: see what TCE can build for you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010127.jpg (61.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg P1010129.jpg (46.6 KB, 14 views)

Old 02-11-2015, 10:40 AM   #88
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Who's up for red over silver?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Todd@TCE For This Useful Post:
maisonvi (02-11-2015), Raider (03-18-2015)
 Old 02-11-2015, 10:51 PM   #89

pdc001 is a glorious beacon of lightpdc001 is a glorious beacon of lightpdc001 is a glorious beacon of lightpdc001 is a glorious beacon of lightpdc001 is a glorious beacon of lightpdc001 is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Interested in your front and rear kits @Todd@TCE
pdc001 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-12-2015, 04:47 AM   #90
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by pdc001 View Post
Interested in your front and rear kits @Todd@TCE
There are a variety of front kits but only one rear kit at this time- the larger 2pc hat/rotor set up designed to use the oe rear caliper. Due to the parking brake requirement. Be happy to fix you up with whatever's best for you. Feel free to PM or email me your interests.

The Following User Says Thank You to Todd@TCE For This Useful Post:
Mauro_Penguin (02-13-2015)
 Old 03-03-2015, 06:50 AM   #91
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The new DP6 models shown above are now making their way into regular production of both TCE and Wilwood factory kits!

These should also be available in the same assorted powder coat colors as the former model. And as of late we can no offer you Thermlock piston technology for your more demanding track day needs. These insulated pistons provide greater thermal rejection then the standard ss parts. Done so by way of an air gap, stainless steel cap and a phenolic shim they keep heat at bay~! Normally I'd not be keen on using the DP6 for track day use but the new model with the body bridge and some other changes has great increased the body stiffness for such use and should not be over looked.

Questions, comments, concerns; fee free to inquire.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:43 AM   #92
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The newer version of the DP6 is now shipping in all Factory Wilwood kits.

The revised caliper is similar to the former model but is no longer 'top loading' and thus requires the caliper to be removed from the bracket to service the pads. However the added bridging is designed to stiffen up the caliper body reducing flex and distortion.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:14 AM   #93
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Asked about that great deal on the Wilwood factory front kit the other day: yes that is correct. You can do a front kit combined with all four ss braided hoses for as little as $1089. To the door.

Mauro_Penguin (04-17-2015)
 Old 04-20-2015, 05:42 PM   #94
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Asked about the caliper change on the DP6....yes folks the good and bad news is that they are now 'not' top loading calipers. To service the DP6 you will need to remove it from the mounting bracket and then release the pad retainer clips.

The only top loading options now are our TCE/Wilwood FNSL6 13 and 14" kits with conventional bridge bolt retainers.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:13 AM   #95

Yatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,278 Times in 645 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bump, order placed, results will follow.
mods: \\// AT HPFP // AccessPort // CS S2 TIP, SRI and TMIC // CPe S2 RMM // Synapse BPV // Mazda gutted secondary cat // S-OTS+ 91S2 // HKS TP DLi II // Wilwood DP6 13” brakes // TCE 2 piece rear rotors // Maxwell SuperCap/LiFePO4 cell \\//

waiting for install: \\// CPE Catted DP // CS Battery Box // Devils Own Meth kit // H&R Coilovers \\//
Yatta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yatta For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (05-29-2015), maisonvi (05-29-2015)
 Old 06-18-2015, 09:55 AM   #96

Yatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

so for those that have done these, the hat to rotor ring bolts are drilled for safety wire, options on this? the directions state to use loc-tite 271/red and torque.. just curious if this is an either/or kind of thing. Or, put another way, if you use heat to remove loc-tite (500 F) and the brake pads peak performance heat is at 725 F, what could possibly go wrong? will wire alone be all-right?
mods: \\// AT HPFP // AccessPort // CS S2 TIP, SRI and TMIC // CPe S2 RMM // Synapse BPV // Mazda gutted secondary cat // S-OTS+ 91S2 // HKS TP DLi II // Wilwood DP6 13” brakes // TCE 2 piece rear rotors // Maxwell SuperCap/LiFePO4 cell \\//

waiting for install: \\// CPE Catted DP // CS Battery Box // Devils Own Meth kit // H&R Coilovers \\//
 Old 06-18-2015, 10:00 AM   #97
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wire them if you have the tools to do so. If not 271 is common. The only negative side of loctite is the removal later if you service the 'ring' as they may be hard to remove without breakage or pulling threads. For that reason wire is preferred.

Rear rotor kit on the way shortly. Our rear rotors go out with others for zinc coating.

Last edited by Todd@TCE; 06-18-2015 at 10:00 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 06-18-2015, 10:04 AM   #98

Not Ranked  0 score     

Wire them if you have the tools to do so. If not 271 is common. The only negative side of loctite is the removal later if you service the 'ring' as they may be hard to remove without breakage or pulling threads. For that reason wire is preferred.

Rear rotor kit on the way shortly. Our rear rotors go out with others for zinc coating.
Thanks, going to do this all at once but getting the pieces parts ready, looks great.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:22 AM   #99

Not Ranked  0 score     

Just got back in country and the rears were waiting; they look great and the wilwood fluid was a pleasant surprise, is two bottles enough? Are the stock Mazda pads sufficient or is there a better suited material for these rotors?

I will take lots of pictures and post when I get this together but it looks great sitting in my office

After re-reading the bit about the rotor ring to hat I understand that is likely impossible to safety wire.

But it isn't respectable. It's mildly terrifying. And that actually makes it quite appealing. - Mazda 3 MPS review, Matthew Jones, Top Gear.

Last edited by Yatta; 07-01-2015 at 08:16 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yatta For This Useful Post:
maisonvi (07-01-2015)
 Old 07-02-2015, 02:30 PM   #100
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Countersunk button heads required for clearance. Would be quite the challenge...!

Old 07-02-2015, 07:43 PM   #101

Not Ranked  0 score     

Fronts are on, after 2 false starts and 2 trips to the parts, store... Definitely need to say a 12 pt 8mm socket is required if you plan on torquing the ring bolts to spec... I had 6 8mm sockets this morning, I have now.... Oreily stocks them. And the damned hard line nuts, both seized, neither would budge with a line wrench and liquid wrench, a torch and vise grips got them but neither look pretty any more..

Old 07-02-2015, 08:16 PM   #102
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

That would be a 12pt but it's all imperial....nothing metric about it.

A line wrench is imperative. It would be metric. Generally...a pita
Yatta likes this.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:53 AM   #103
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Thanked 26,388 Times in 7,871 Posts
Groans: 793
Groaned at 496 Times in 321 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

5/16" may as well be 8mm...
Yatta likes this.

Inb4 85% silicone core. It's better than aluminum.
What's you buddy's ex wife trap?
I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-03-2015, 04:23 PM   #104

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
5/16" may as well be 8mm...
What he said

But it isn't respectable. It's mildly terrifying. And that actually makes it quite appealing. - Mazda 3 MPS review, Matthew Jones, Top Gear.

Old 07-17-2015, 12:27 PM   #105

RusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I made a quick 3D model for a tool to verify brake fitment on my RPF1s...

Now I just need to get to a 3D printer!!!

Old 07-17-2015, 08:25 PM   #106

RusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the worldRusianKid is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

The print has begun!!!

I should have a completed picture tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Easter Bunny (07-19-2015), Tokay444 (07-19-2015)
 Old 07-17-2015, 09:23 PM   #107

speedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice looking kits. Wish you had speed6 kits. Haha
Enjoy the color combo's though.

^^^My fail boats^^^

2006 mazdaspeed 6: fujita CAI, PG TIP, Turbosmart dual BOV, ITV22, Corksprt TBE, Cobb AP, SURE front/rear diff mounts(FTW), whiteline RSB

1978 280z(s30): currently needs some love....and going turbo o.0

1990 300zx: 850cc injectors, 300degree fuel rail, aeromotive FPR, garrett gt 28's twin turbo upgrade(@19psi), stillen IC's, CZP's 3in dp and mid pipe, Selin dual intakes, GTR R32 brakes, Nismo clutch, HKS hi-power exhaust, megan coil-overs, SPL full titanium suspension parts, z1 boost tubes, 2 AEM AFR's, AEM boost guage
RWHP:???? RWTRQ: 475@4500 rpm. needs new clutch(blown).

2008 350z HR: Greddy dual Ti-C, Carbonetics LSD, Nismo diff, GTM TP's, Stillen CAI's
(waiting on full metal CSC and carbonetic clutch and light wieght flywheel, then it's TT time!) currently on hold due to needing new clutch and flywheel/metal csc and master. wanting skyline manifold.
speedtoz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-19-2015, 11:12 AM   #108

Not Ranked  0 score     

Now time to test fit!!!
Easter Bunny (07-19-2015), Tokay444 (07-19-2015), Yatta (07-19-2015)
 Old 07-19-2015, 03:04 PM   #109

Not Ranked  0 score     
Default TCE Wilwood Kits for 3

So I test fitted my 3D printed part and this is what I discovered.

Keep in mind this is for 17X9 RPF1 +45 offset(5mm spacer so +40 offset)

-it will be tight
-I will most likely up my spacer to a 10mm(+35 offset) in order to clear the ID (4.55 dimension) of the caliper.
-the outer diameter(7.30 dimension) is super tight. I was only able to fit a .010" gap gauge in there.

I will be asking our QA guy to measure the wheel next in order to become fully comfortable with the fitment.

Nevertheless I think this is the big brake kit solution for the 17" RPF1 +45(w/10mm spacer so +35 offset)

Here are the pictures from my trial run.

Last edited by RusianKid; 07-19-2015 at 03:28 PM.
RusianKid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RusianKid For This Useful Post:
duffman04 (07-19-2015), Easter Bunny (07-19-2015)
 Old 07-19-2015, 03:06 PM   #110

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,780 Times in 3,855 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Rpf1's in 17x9" are known for having shitty BBK clearance, no surprise here.

2017 Subaru BRZ
MCS TT1 coilovers|Brembo BBK|6UL 17x9|Trofeo R|ACE 350|flex fuel|Delicious tuned
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-19-2015, 03:08 PM   #111

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Code Monkey View Post
Rpf1's in 17x9" are known for having shitty BBK clearance, no surprise here.

Fully agree.

However it will be a surprise when this kit does fit!

Old 07-19-2015, 03:09 PM   #112

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by RusianKid View Post
So I test fitted my 3D printed part and this is what I discovered.

Keep in mind this is for 17X9 RPF1 +45 offset(5mm spacer so +40 offset)

-it will be tight
-I will most likely up my spacer to a 10mm(+35 offset) in order to clear the ID (4.55 dimension) of the caliper.
-the outer diameter(7.30 dimension) is super tight. I was only able to fit a .010mm gap gauge in there.

I will be asking our QA guy to measure the wheel next in order to become duly comfortable with the figment.

Nevertheless I think this is the big brake kit solution for the 17" RPF1 +45(w/10mm spacer so +35 offset)

Here are the pictures from my trial run.

no inside wheel weights for you... no gravel roads and no wheel deformation I was concerned about how close the caliper is the stock GenPu inside edge of the spokes but you have me beat by a good margin.
RusianKid likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Yatta For This Useful Post:
RusianKid (07-19-2015)
 Old 07-19-2015, 03:19 PM   #113

Not Ranked  0 score     

@Todd@TCE;

On the wheel clearance diagram it has a note:
a minimum of .080" clearance must be maintained between the wheel and caliper in all areas.

Do those dimension already have the .080" added to them? Or am I supposed to add .080 on top of 4.55 and 7.30?

This answer will make or break!

Old 07-19-2015, 03:20 PM   #114
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's .254mm or .010"...

I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
The Following User Says Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
RusianKid (07-19-2015)
 Old 07-19-2015, 03:23 PM   #115

Not Ranked  0 score     

That .254mm or .010"...

BOTH!

Those distances are exactly the same in different unit of measures.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:25 PM   #116
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes. But it isn't .01mm like you posted.

That would be .0004"

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals

Last edited by Tokay444; 07-19-2015 at 03:25 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
RusianKid (07-19-2015)
 Old 07-19-2015, 03:27 PM   #117

Not Ranked  0 score     
Default TCE Wilwood Kits for 3

Yes. But it isn't .01mm like you posted.

That would be .0004"

Thank you!!!

Original post corrected

Last edited by RusianKid; 07-19-2015 at 03:59 PM.
RusianKid is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-21-2015, 03:57 PM   #118
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Been in and out of town on work and racing related activities...

The diagrams reference the air gap (of roughly .120" normally) to the dotted line.

The "actual" caliper clearance required (to the body, not the dotted line) would be .898" or 22.8mm.

This is calculated by the use of:

Hat offset- .472
Hat face- .270
Caliper overhang- 1.64

Plug that info into the CALIPER CLEARANCE CALCULATOR

*Please keep in mind the data for this is pulled from their parts. But I'll openly tell you that info and the real world part can vary some. Right now that "hard" number vs the dotted line is .140" which I feel is a bit optimistic.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:29 AM   #119
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by speedtoz View Post
Nice looking kits. Wish you had speed6 kits. Haha
Enjoy the color combo's though.

Easy. Did 6 kits yeeearss ago. Revived them with today's more common radial mount 13 and 14" flavors.

MAZDA6/SPEED6

speedtoz (08-26-2015)
 Old 08-29-2015, 11:11 AM   #120
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Please note: Effective immediately TCE will no longer be offering BLUE, YELLOW and SILVER powder coat finish on Wilwood Disc Brakes calipers without an additional fee.

We regret this decision on their behalf as we have found many customers to favor these colors setting their purchase apart from the sea of brake kit options. Future color applications will be considered "custom" and carry a fee up up to $300 per kit (2 calipers) for these colors. We feel this is a ridiculous premium to pay for an alternative color. It's now Black or Red for most buyers.

Because of that we have removed the color palette from the TCE home page and will not be offering this without a consumer request. Sorry folks; it was a nice touch that's gone away. Don't blame me...