register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Approved Vendors >
Mazda Performance Parts & Modifications Vendor Area
> TCE Performance

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree7Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-02-2015, 06:32 PM   #121
Approved MSF Vendor

Todd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

A bit of a pulse back into the Big Brake Kit market of late. Good to see folks putting these on their 'must have' list. Dollar for dollar they remain a fantastic value- one you'll know where your money went every time you step on the brake pedal! Can't say that for all the parts in the aftermarket...

* Corvette * Lightning * Impala SS * Focus ST * Marauder * 350/370Z * MINI * Challenger * WRX *Super Duty * SHO * Mustang *...and more!
Todd@TCE is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-03-2015, 05:05 AM   #122

maisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,968 Times in 1,844 Posts
Groans: 75
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any idea if Wilwood is off back order? As much fun as waiting a month for my parts is I would really like them in.
maisonvi is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-03-2015, 05:40 AM   #123
Approved MSF Vendor

Todd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wish I had the answer to that. The volume of new parts (the DP6A used here and the new Aero6 line) has taxed them beyond capacity with production. If you follow any of their business you'll know they also released a couple new calipers for the truck market and a direct fit Corvette part. I suspect pulling manpower from normal production to work these new parts hasn't helped.

The normal turn around is 72hrs to ship. Right now some thing have been running a couple of weeks.

Beyond the volume issues they had a CNC crash that worked hats, replaced it only to find it has compatibility issues with code from the previous one requiring extensive programming.

Not making excuses, just telling what I know.

* Corvette * Lightning * Impala SS * Focus ST * Marauder * 350/370Z * MINI * Challenger * WRX *Super Duty * SHO * Mustang *...and more!
 Old 09-03-2015, 08:43 AM   #124

maisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,968 Times in 1,844 Posts
Groans: 75
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Todd@TCE View Post
Wish I had the answer to that. The volume of new parts (the DP6A used here and the new Aero6 line) has taxed them beyond capacity with production. If you follow any of their business you'll know they also released a couple new calipers for the truck market and a direct fit Corvette part. I suspect pulling manpower from normal production to work these new parts hasn't helped.

The normal turn around is 72hrs to ship. Right now some thing have been running a couple of weeks.

Beyond the volume issues they had a CNC crash that worked hats, replaced it only to find it has compatibility issues with code from the previous one requiring extensive programming.

Not making excuses, just telling what I know.
So no idea on ETA then? Awesome, I love having large amounts of money out and doing nothing.
maisonvi is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-03-2015, 08:53 AM   #125
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by maisonvi View Post
So no idea on ETA then? Awesome, I love having large amounts of money out and doing nothing.

I don't like customers to wait on them either.

However I have three open orders monitoring...not knowing who you are makes it more difficult to answer the question. (we don't file business orders by forum handles etc, just hard data off Paypal with invoice numbers) If you'd like to email me I'll cc the request to Wilwood directly and we'll both get the latest update on things.

Shoot me a message and I'll do my best for you asap.

The Following User Says Thank You to Todd@TCE For This Useful Post:
maisonvi (09-03-2015)
 Old 09-03-2015, 08:57 AM   #126

Yatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,278 Times in 645 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Todd@TCE View Post
Please note: Effective immediately TCE will no longer be offering BLUE, YELLOW and SILVER powder coat finish on Wilwood Disc Brakes calipers without an additional fee.

We regret this decision on their behalf as we have found many customers to favor these colors setting their purchase apart from the sea of brake kit options. Future color applications will be considered "custom" and carry a fee up up to $300 per kit (2 calipers) for these colors. We feel this is a ridiculous premium to pay for an alternative color. It's now Black or Red for most buyers.

Because of that we have removed the color palette from the TCE home page and will not be offering this without a consumer request. Sorry folks; it was a nice touch that's gone away. Don't blame me...

That’s a shame, the DP6 I received in PC silver is pretty nice looking, they say wilwood but still look like stock colors.
mods: \\// AT HPFP // AccessPort // CS S2 TIP, SRI and TMIC // CPe S2 RMM // Synapse BPV // Mazda gutted secondary cat // S-OTS+ 91S2 // HKS TP DLi II // Wilwood DP6 13” brakes // TCE 2 piece rear rotors // Maxwell SuperCap/LiFePO4 cell \\//

waiting for install: \\// CPE Catted DP // CS Battery Box // Devils Own Meth kit // H&R Coilovers \\//
Yatta is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-03-2015, 09:15 AM   #127
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I agree. By all means voice your opinion on their FB page.

We did a number of Silver and quite a few BLUE kits over the years. They all look awesome.

To be clear; they will still do it...just charge us a small fortune. For the "inconvenience" of it having to stop black and red to clean the gun....

I'd be ok with a small premium on it but I can't in good faith tell customers they need to fork over $250-300 for a pair of calipers on a $1200 purchase. It's pretty clear the message is: We don't want to do it.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:17 AM   #128
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Anyone thinking about a 14" kit for your car...give me a shout. I have some options to use the older BNSL6 caliper on a few of them vs the newer FNSL6. Same kit, same brackets, same pads, same fit...the only difference being the older model, machined billet style.

I purchased a large qty of NOS Wilwood calipers, these being part of that purchase. I'm using them up rather quickly on some of the new Focus ST caliper kits but they will also work here. The change will take $200 off the price of either the TCE 13 or 14" kits

That making a 14" kit starting at only $1509. Don't think you'll find a better deal than that...

*As they say "While supplies last"

macdiesel (10-03-2015)
 Old 10-04-2015, 09:02 AM   #129
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

We have one remaining pair of BLACK calipers left for this special discounted kit.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:51 AM   #130
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

A few UPDATES:

Re; BNSL6 Calipers above-

We have NO black and 2pr of reds left. The Focus ST crowd has gobbled these up about as quickly as I can package them into oem rotor Caliper Kits. Don't be left behind...If you want a set used for a TCE/Wilwood 14" front kit call me soon. I'll even offer them in our 13" kit if that helps and cut you some funds on the final cost. Remember; it's RED only on this offer.

Effective Jan 1st

We will no longer be listing TCE/Wilwood slotted rotors as "zinc plated". This will continue on drilled and slotted rotors only. Plated inventory will be offered until they are exhausted. Afterwards all slotted discs will be plain iron only. The cost and complexity of plating has escalated the past few years to where we have to run such large qty at a time that it does not make it possible to do it effectively. It's now costing upwards of $16ea to do them in small lots. That's a far cry from the days of $4ea! Even on a good day with a modest number run it's simply too high a production cost. The value of zinc plating as most know it is purely cosmetic and only good for preventing rusting while on our shelf. Future slotted discs will be treated with cosmoline and bagged. If you want some super sexy slotted rotors on a kit---- act soon before they are gone!

Non Mazda notes:

*For those with platforms other than Mazdas TCE is happy to be your supplier for caliper kits for all Corvette C5 and C6 with the new direct bolt on replacement calipers.

*We have a limited number of Wilwood W6A calipers available for our Charger/Challenger/Magnum/300C customers including the SRT platform at foolishly low prices! Wilwood extended special pricing and thus TCE purchased some near 50 units, both black and red and in 6/4 pot configuration for these deals.

*With those same caliper our Lightning 14" kits are on sale at under $2000- a true first time ever for these kits making them not only the most popular big brake kit in the Lightning community but now the lowest cost!

*With the Fiesta ST coming into its own a bit TCE is the only source for Wilwood 13" front kit. Wilwood factory kits will remain at 12.2" only and we have an agreement to make the necessary changes to offer the larger kit for ST owners.

*Custom kit work has been off the charts this year. We have a number of custom built projects being displayed for our customers now at SEMA. Some truck kits on F250s from Wicked Customs to a great looking Riviera by Pindidit Designs our work is often displayed as "Wilwood Brakes" when in fact its actually a custom TCE build done in conjunction with Wilwood for such shows. They don't do many 'on off' builds making my shop their first referral.

Lastly:

Upon renewal of our quarterly Vendor contract we will not be renewing our support for the coming year. Like any investment a year in one forum has to justify the expense v return. I want to thank everyone for their support who purchased, or intends to purchase, TCE or Wilwood product. We are not 'going away' but rather redirecting vendor funds into other areas as well. There's only so much to go around and with nearly 20 platforms to support only so much time and money to be spent on each. I will attempt to stay logged on should anyone have any technical questions or need guidance only. It's been a great year or more on Speed3 and I wish everyone all the best and safe travels!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Todd@TCE For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (11-04-2015), KCi (11-11-2015), KiwiFlavor (05-27-2016), maisonvi (11-04-2015), MS3Shadow (11-04-2015)
 Old 05-25-2016, 08:23 AM   #131
Approved MSF Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

You can pour your hard earned money into large corporate brands and suppliers of course. Or you can support others with a passion for competition like yourself.

TCE has been selling, building and winning with Wilwood product since 1993. We still do it today.

TEMPLE CANYON 2016

Code Monkey (05-25-2016)
 Old 05-25-2016, 08:45 AM   #132

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,780 Times in 3,855 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's one glorious soundtrack!

2017 Subaru BRZ
MCS TT1 coilovers|Brembo BBK|6UL 17x9|Trofeo R|ACE 350|flex fuel|Delicious tuned
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote