register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning Have an ECU tuning issue? Do you want to discuss Mazdaspeed 3/6 tuning solutions? Up to date info on the latest! Piasini Reflash, Cobb Access Port, Xede, Procede, Standback, Superchips & others supported here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #1

Novej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Bye bye HT, Hello AP......W/ questions

First off let me say I really didn't want to do this as I wasn't planning on doing any major tuning. Being a father of three, a newly appointed shop chief in the air force and newly married, I just don't have the time to devote to it.

However with all my mods, I feel that my HT is just too rich. I see 10s and even 9s up top. Now that I've bought the autotech internals I feel I'd only make the problem worst installing them right now. I was planning on doing a DP but I think im going to hold off on that for now. Anyways I know how this forum works so once my decision to go with the AP was final me and the "search" button became best friends. It was it which led me to Abilor's amazing tuning guide sticky. It quickly became apparant that I had not been keeping up with how much the AP has improved since the days of everyone popping their motors with it....I mean launch control, and FFS (don't know if I'd use them) but wow! Yeah I know Im late.

So to my questions, thank you Abilor for the tuning guide by the way it answered a lot of them for me.....My mods are currently:

Cobb V2 FMIC (professionally anodized black)
Turbosmart BPV
Corksport TP
CP-E Nano
NGK 1 step cooler plugs
TRZ transmission mount
AWR rear mount
EGR delete
9.5ish gallons 93 octane with 3.5ish gallons E-85 mix
(everything else are not power related mods)

1)until I install the HPFP internals should I start with the Nano Stage 1 93 stock OTS map?
2)Once I install the HPFP internals would you recommend going to Stage 2 even though I have no TIP or DP???
3)would I need to calibrate the MAF even though its Nano specific? (if so is that what Abilor meant by getting his abs from Cobbs abs(8) to 4 or less.....i think 2 in his case???)
4)If I need to calibrate should I do it with just 93 or should I do it with the 93/e85 mix as with the mix my LTFTs are not quite what they are without the e85
5)with me not planning on going DP will I still see a benefit from the internals even though my stocker hits 1600+psi under WOT? I ask because i've seen many say they saw better throttle response with it.....
6)Lastly could you guys help me achieve my goal of 5 to 10whp more than the HT tune (see my sig) with a safe 11.5-11.8 targeted/achieved AFR and 17 or 18psi pk boost????? Thats really all I want at least for now

Props to all the AP innovators/tuners/users and everyone else on this board I look forward to learning all I can from you guys.....

Of all the military achievements I've accomplished my first 10 years of service (made MSGT/E-7 at age 29), the one that makes me most proud is simply being able to serve my country during her darkest hour...NEVER FORGET those who made the ultimate sacrifice doing the same....I SALUTE ALL OUR FALLEN
Novej is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #2

Etipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,717 Times in 781 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 7 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

No HPFP= Stage 1
HPFP= Stage 2, even if you dont have dp or tip.

I would still try calibrating your MAF, would only improve things. Use whatever gas you plan on running the car with on a steady basis to do your MAF logs/cals. Although i really dont think it would matter too much.

Iternals wouldnt hurt even if you dont go DP for the time being.

As far as tuning with the AP, just post your logs in the ecu tuning section and you will get the help you need.

I also do diesel gear swaps hit me up for more info.
Etipp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Etipp98 For This Useful Post:
Novej (09-28-2011)
 Old 09-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
pewpew

Sacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,189 Times in 609 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

go stage 1 v2.00 maps to keep the boost down, and then calibrate your MAF as per the threads describing how. that's all you really need to do in order to have a smoothly running map. as soon as you get the HPFP, check to see if your MAF needs to be tweaked a bit more.

i would stick with 100% 93 octane for now. do things step at a time...the fewer variables the better.

later on, you can worry about doing more interesting shit, but for now, stick with the basics...simply doing this will gain you the 5-10whp over the HT tune.
Sacrilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sacrilicious For This Useful Post:
Novej (09-28-2011)
 Old 09-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #4

Novej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Noted gentlmen thank you very much!!!

Of all the military achievements I've accomplished my first 10 years of service (made MSGT/E-7 at age 29), the one that makes me most proud is simply being able to serve my country during her darkest hour...NEVER FORGET those who made the ultimate sacrifice doing the same....I SALUTE ALL OUR FALLEN
 Old 09-28-2011, 05:45 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Oh one more question the scary section WGDC...I remember reading Abilor said that the WGDC values on the stock OTS's were too high, will I need to adjust those after I load the maps??? I guess thats what the logs will show huh???

Old 09-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #6
pewpew

Sacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,189 Times in 609 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

the WGDC will likely not affect you very much, since you will run the boost-tuned maps. if you run with load-tuning, it can be much more of a headache, but with boost tuning, you should probably not need to worry about them.
Sacrilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #7

greg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Groaned at 22 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

upping the WGDC will make your boost hold. say you put in desired boost of 18psi at 4k rpms and in your data logs your only hitting 16psi. you can up your WGDC from say 40% to 55% and get that 2 psi held in. and if your over boosted taking percentage off the duty cycle will decrease the psi going through your turbo because the wastegate is letting it go
greg08 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to greg08 For This Useful Post:
Novej (10-02-2011)