register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning Have an ECU tuning issue? Do you want to discuss Mazdaspeed 3/6 tuning solutions? Up to date info on the latest! Piasini Reflash, Cobb Access Port, Xede, Procede, Standback, Superchips & others supported here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-14-2008, 09:30 AM   #41
Approved MSF Vendor

Cobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,071 Times in 288 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 47 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

We really do not know yet. Our laser cutter/bender does not want to make that version of the box as it has some areas that interfere with the bending process. So we have to redesign to make it more production friendly. We just have not been able to devote the time to it yet. So I do not have a time frame at the moment.

MAZDASPEED EXPERT GROUP
- ADAM HILL | MIKE MCGINNIS | RYAN LAMBERTH | CHRIS MOUNTAIN | MARSHALL GLASGOW

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | EMAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2008, 09:32 AM   #42

NYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the world
Thanked 29,976 Times in 478 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Josh @ COBB View Post
We really do not know yet. Our laser cutter/bender does not want to make that version of the box as it has some areas that interfere with the bending process. So we have to redesign to make it more production friendly. We just have not been able to devote the time to it yet. So I do not have a time frame at the moment.
Thank you for the prompt response as always ...How are you liking this Fourm?
NYpest is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2008, 09:57 AM   #43
Approved MSF Vendor

Cobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Pretty well. It is hard for me to find time in a day to go through more than our section though.

MAZDASPEED EXPERT GROUP

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | EMAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE
 Old 05-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #44

lidokrantz is the leader of the worldlidokrantz is the leader of the worldlidokrantz is the leader of the worldlidokrantz is the leader of the worldlidokrantz is the leader of the worldlidokrantz is the leader of the worldlidokrantz is the leader of the worldlidokrantz is the leader of the worldlidokrantz is the leader of the worldlidokrantz is the leader of the worldlidokrantz is the leader of the world
Groans: 15
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

+1...that is a nice looking FMIC. I am waiting a bit for a FMIC till i make the choice on a tuning selection. So for me there is no rush on the FMIC, but it looks good and centered.Was there any issues with install or trimming the bumper? This FMIC looks great.
Current.. 2009 BMW 135i Twin Turbo, Sedonna Red Metallic, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg with heated seats, Xenons,M Sport steering wheel, BMW Factory Sport Exhaust..300hp, 300 Tq.. in reality..320 hp 320 tq stock
SOON: BMS JB3....tune, ICarbon rear diffuser, ....all under warranty...
Past/Sold...2007 MazdaSpeed3,CP-E TBE, CAI, Advan Rs Gunmetal, TWM STS with bushings TWM Desert Eagle shift knob,, Defi Amber boost gauge, HKS BOV with CP-E flange..also tried CP-E Nano SRI (MazdaSpeed CAI, Rota TQ Hyperblack, are FOR SALE 4 months old)

Last edited by lidokrantz; 05-14-2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: spelling and double post DOh!!
lidokrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2008, 10:08 AM   #45
Approved MSF Vendor

Not Ranked  0 score     

Pretty centered I think.

MAZDASPEED EXPERT GROUP

Old 05-14-2008, 10:23 AM   #46

aaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,465 Times in 2,601 Posts
Groans: 370
Groaned at 171 Times in 143 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

no trimming
aaronc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2008, 10:32 AM   #47
Approved MSF Vendor

Not Ranked  0 score     

It has been a while since we did the install but there was one small plastic tab on the inside of the bumper skin that is not visible that had to be trimmed off. I do not believe it even held anything. But that was the only thing we had to trim. and it was a 1" wide piece of plastic. Fortunately Mazda left us considerable room for a FMIC.

MAZDASPEED EXPERT GROUP

Old 05-14-2008, 10:32 AM   #48
Banned

Yahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 3
Groaned at 14 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Pretty centered I think.

Pics of the top?? What happens to the TMIC duct work? How are the pipes run? I realize this might not be a production peice on the black car but is it just sitting there in the bumper? Can we see how the set up on that one worrks up top? Thanks
Yahdy Ras is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2008, 10:33 AM   #49
Approved MSF Vendor

Not Ranked  0 score     

Quote from the first page.

Bykeryder4life & Haltech
Testing and most of the manufacturing of the FMIC are done. We have a good number of them here and ready to go that are waiting on a bracket to be done. So these should be available soon as it just has to bent and coated. It should be done this month if all the schedules are met.

Grim
That has been discussed, but all of the piping we have here now is coated. We will have to see if we can do a few polished on the next batch. Polishing typically costs more as it can be labor intensive. Powder coating is easier to get right.

occschemguy
We do not have plans for a FMIC for the MS6 at this time. I will have to get Billy to get us the data for pressure and temperature drop. It was all logged on the dyno, so it just has to be complied.

ispypsi
I will have to check with our anodizer, but that may not be an option. Casting has flaws that anodizing shows, the heat effected zone of the weld is darker than the rest, and I do not know if a brazed assembly can be anodized. But I agree it would be cool if it all looked one color.

Yahdy Ras
Ask and ye shall receive:

........................and the AccessPORT has been released.

Crossbow
The hot side pipe should avoid any manifolds. If you can post a pic of them it will help determine if they will.

palerider
Flow numbers indicate this set-up should be good for ~450 h.p. We didn't make it too big of a core in order to keep lag in check.

MAZDASPEED EXPERT GROUP

Old 05-14-2008, 10:39 AM   #50
Banned

Yahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks great! Thanks alot I personally like the coated look versus the polished. Is that how the production piece is going to be? Any mods to the chassis for install?

Also do you guys sell the Ait filter box that i see in the pic?
 Old 05-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #51
Banned

Crossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the world
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here's a photo as requested.

As you can see, one of the runners comes very close to the turbine outlet.
Manifold fitment is pretty important IMO, as the manifold gains on this car are nothing short of astounding.
Crossbow is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2008, 10:59 AM   #52

Grim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,006 Times in 316 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 92 Times in 80 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i think the 2nd batch of manis pg is making will not even come close to the turbo outlet,well at least thats what i was told.
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #53
Banned

Crossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the worldCrossbow is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm looking for the DNP photos, but I can only find them on the speed6. I guess that would be suitable right?

Old 05-14-2008, 11:08 AM   #54
Approved MSF Vendor

Not Ranked  0 score     

The FMIC piping in the picture (not the testing pics, the finished product pics) are production pieces, so the ones we send out will be the same.

Looks like we might clear the first one and the second one a little better. It might be prudent to have some sort of heat shield in between the manifold and the FMIC piping or a TMIC for that matter.

MAZDASPEED EXPERT GROUP

Old 05-14-2008, 11:12 AM   #55

Grim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

the dnp fits fine,the pg one only has a few with fitment problems,and the new batch will fit just like the dnp
 Old 05-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #56
Banned

Laloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,726 Times in 896 Posts
Groans: 57
Groaned at 196 Times in 127 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks sexy, if didnt already have one i would def put this on my list as long as the price is reasonable
Laloosh is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #57
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

The FMIC piping in the picture (not the testing pics, the finished product pics) are production pieces, so the ones we send out will be the same.

Looks like we might clear the first one and the second one a little better. It might be prudent to have some sort of heat shield in between the manifold and the FMIC piping or a TMIC for that matter.
Any idea when it will be available? I dont even see it on the site.
 Old 05-14-2008, 11:56 AM   #58
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

Intake box? Does that come with the SRI? Would be nice since you guys dont seem to be making a map for us MS CAI guys!!!
 Old 05-14-2008, 05:39 PM   #59
Approved MSF Vendor

Not Ranked  0 score     

Not yet. And we will do something for the MS intake guys, but it cannot happen immediately. We do not have infinite resources.

MAZDASPEED EXPERT GROUP

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobb Tuning For This Useful Post:
kramer (05-14-2008), thejake (05-15-2008)
 Old 05-15-2008, 03:54 AM   #60

numbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the world
Thanked 12,190 Times in 249 Posts
Groans: 15
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Good.I'm excited about the fmic and the downpipe.
I'm going to most likely be a Cobbwhore. I needa snatch up all your parts
numbnuts22715 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-15-2008, 05:02 AM   #61

jhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,666 Times in 611 Posts
Groans: 31
Groaned at 86 Times in 65 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Josh. How much would you charge for just the intercooler and mounting brackets (none of the piping since I don't have a speed3).
 Old 05-15-2008, 06:26 AM   #62

bova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,490 Times in 876 Posts
Groans: 45
Groaned at 39 Times in 38 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

wish cobb would do something for the speed6
bova is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-15-2008, 07:57 AM   #63
Approved MSF Vendor

Not Ranked  0 score     

jhershorin
I don't know. We have not priced it out that way yet, and we do not even have a price for the FMIC kit yet.

bova80
That is still being assessed. In the next few weeks we will find out if it is a smaller effort and we can do it quickly, or if it is a larger effort and has to be later in the priority list.

MAZDASPEED EXPERT GROUP

Old 05-15-2008, 08:05 AM   #64

bova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,490 Times in 876 Posts
Groans: 45
Groaned at 39 Times in 38 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

well then that is enlightening news.
bova is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-15-2008, 08:43 AM   #65
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

I assume this FMIC only works with the Cobb intake correct? Or will it work with other intakes? That pipe is huge!
 Old 05-15-2008, 09:01 AM   #66

Not Ranked  0 score     

it looks like it will work with other intakes
 Old 05-15-2008, 09:09 AM   #67
Approved MSF Vendor

Not Ranked  0 score     

It looked like it would work with the MazdaSpeed intake.

The charge pipe is only 2.5". So that is not really huge.

MAZDASPEED EXPERT GROUP

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobb Tuning For This Useful Post:
Crossbow (05-15-2008), SLS MS3 (05-15-2008)
 Old 05-15-2008, 09:14 AM   #68
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

Haha it is compared to a Mazda 6 exhaust! LOL
 Old 05-15-2008, 09:30 AM   #69
Approved MSF Vendor

Not Ranked  0 score     

What pipe are you referring to?

MAZDASPEED EXPERT GROUP

Old 05-15-2008, 09:32 AM   #70
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

Sorry was a joke. The standard Mazda 6s exhaust has less diameter than the nice 2.5 hot pipe in your fmic! Just thought it was funny, thats all!
 Old 05-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #71
Approved MSF Vendor

Not Ranked  0 score     

Gotcha. Sorry I'm pretty dense today.

MAZDASPEED EXPERT GROUP

Old 05-15-2008, 11:32 AM   #72

redrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 4
Not Ranked  0 score     

just curious but why an FMIC for the speed3 and not the scooby guys?
redrocketz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-15-2008, 11:37 AM   #73

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by redrocketz View Post
just curious but why an FMIC for the speed3 and not the scooby guys?
they like us more
 Old 05-15-2008, 03:15 PM   #74
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

You COBB guys should offer all the parts that the maps were made with i.e turbo back exhaust, intercooler, etc. and im sure ur AP would take off since there would basically be a guarantee of no problems....plus ur quality is on point so i would for sure buy from you guys. Do you guys plan on selling that air box? Please answer that question specifically (ive asked a few times) as ill buy the SRI today if i can get the dandy little box too
 Old 05-15-2008, 03:17 PM   #75

BlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 13 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Yahdy Ras View Post
You COBB guys should offer all the parts that the maps were made with i.e turbo back exhaust, intercooler, etc. and im sure ur AP would take off since there would basically be a guarantee of no problems....plus ur quality is on point so i would for sure buy from you guys. Do you guys plan on selling that air box? Please answer that question specifically (ive asked a few times) as ill buy the SRI today if i can get the dandy like box too
They stated previously that the box for the SRI will not be released for quite some time yet as their manufacturer requested a change in design for ease of production.
 Old 05-15-2008, 04:04 PM   #76
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for clarifying, didnt see it anywhere in the thread
 Old 05-15-2008, 06:16 PM   #77

SLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,611 Times in 442 Posts
Groans: 19
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any word yet on pricing for the FMIC? And will it only have the stock BPV flange or will others be optionally available?
Cobb AP · MS CAI w/ AEM Straightener · Cobb Turbo Inlet · Cobb FMIC · Black HKS SSQV (recirc) · PG Exhaust Manifold · Corksport Downpipe · Vibrant Exhaust
mrlilguy CDFP · Denso ITV22s plugs · Cobb STS, Shift Knob, & Shifter Weight · F2 Balance Shaft Delete & Oil Baffle

Originally Posted by Haltech View Post
Stock is just plain, gay.
SLS MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-16-2008, 01:35 AM   #78

prototype_x9 is the leader of the worldprototype_x9 is the leader of the worldprototype_x9 is the leader of the worldprototype_x9 is the leader of the worldprototype_x9 is the leader of the worldprototype_x9 is the leader of the worldprototype_x9 is the leader of the worldprototype_x9 is the leader of the worldprototype_x9 is the leader of the worldprototype_x9 is the leader of the worldprototype_x9 is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wow looks awesome. Cant wait for temp and efficiency numbers.

Also, It is fucking centered!!! woohoo. I love the numbers that the CPE FMIC produced but having it off centered would absolutely drive me crazy. So, it looks like more money for cobb.

07 GT: JBR 3.5 wide path intake, FMIC, 51R small battery, grimmspeed EBCS, Cobb DP
3Bar map sensor, Kozmic primary and secondary EGR deletes, Bilstein PS14, whiteline endlinks,
hawk brake pads, rear camber arms. Speedbakery tuning in the works
prototype_x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-16-2008, 04:02 PM   #79

myms3 is just really nicemyms3 is just really nicemyms3 is just really nicemyms3 is just really nice
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

with the sri box and the fmic it looks like some bpv/bovs may have issues unless the pics are deceiving. i may have to switch off to a forge or cobb bpv whenever it may be released.

how much clearance is there from the top of the bpv up at the same angle the bpv is facing. just curious if you extend the line would it hit the hood or the airbox, hard to tell by the pics.
myms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #80

redrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 4
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't think COBB has a BPV. Did they say they did somewhere?
redrocketz is offline   Reply With Quote